Profile for Marianne2

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Marianne2
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Marianne2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 6 - 21
Favorite Show(s): In the Heights
Mamma Mia!

Favorite Performer(s): Tom Deckman
Lin-Manuel Miranda
Karen Olivo
Sara Ramirez

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • My Current Broadway Ratings...Please Post Yours  Mar 1 2017, 10:29:20 AM

Cats- ***

Chicago-***

Kinky Boots-****

Phantom of the Opera-**

School of Rock-*****

Waitress-****

Wicked-*** 1/2 I haven't seen this since 2009, so am probably not a good judge of how it is now.

I have tickets to Sunday in the Park With George,  Bandstand,  Amélie, Anastasia,  Miss Saigon,  and Hello Dolly!  coming up in the next few months.  Also still need to get tickets to The Great Come

• Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances  Feb 26 2017, 05:34:01 PM

Yes, the program mentioned March 1St being opening night. 

I don't see why you can't move around a little to see. The benches didn't feel crammed to me. Actually,  there is a good chance of some cast member interactions there. 

The show was very good.  Anyone who has tickets for the London cast is in for a treat. 

• Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances  Feb 26 2017, 03:43:58 PM

I'm up there now. It's intermission.  It's hard to see some of the action on the tables at moments and I also noticed if someone is standing too far up the stairs,  you can't see their faces. There are no issues if you need to stand a little though. 

• Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances  Feb 26 2017, 10:44:33 AM

I'm gonna go with no because I've actually had seeing a movie before the show hurt me. Like I had preconceived opinions and it made the show slightly less enjoyable in some instances.  My two examples are Hairspray and Rent for me. I have seen a couple of different Sweeney Todds before, but I don't remember much. So, I'm thinking I will not have problems having a previous experience that I loved.

• Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances  Feb 24 2017, 04:02:57 PM

^ It might be a long shot,  but you could try to call the theater to see if they have something.  At least the Broadway houses have them. And I have seen adults using them.

And I got my email about Sunday.  So I definitely was worrying for no reason at all. 

• Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances  Feb 24 2017, 01:17:35 PM

Yeah, I worry too much about everything. It's just how I am. Probably a mix of anxiety and not being a confident person.  I know, I'm weird. 

Thanks for the replies everyone. 

• Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances  Feb 24 2017, 12:37:04 PM

I was looking back at my original email, which is from the 1st day of the pre-sale when I ordered. It said we would get a reminder email 72 hours in advance.  I'm going on 48 hours before my performance and have not gotten anything.  Are they actually doing that? 

I also have not gotten any emails about my seat being partial view. I also ordered the pre-show pie and mash and now I'm getting nervous.  I mean, I have a confirmation email to prove everything. &

• Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances  Feb 23 2017, 07:32:56 PM

My tickets are for Sunday and I did not get an email about the 2nd row mezzanine being partial view. Wonder if it has to do with the performance being sold out or not.

• NYC record stores  Feb 19 2017, 10:45:12 PM

Rough Trade is a short subway ride away in Brooklyn.  You may want to call and check about what they sell because it looked like a lot of rock when I was there.  On the otherhand,  I was there for a record signing and meet and greet with Lil Bub,  a cat from the Internet. So, I'm not 100% of everything they sell.

• NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay  Feb 18 2017, 05:18:12 PM

I saw this earlier.  It was good. I never saw it on Broadway or at the Papermill,  so I have nothing to compare it to.  Well, I didn't like the movie version,  so that's why I never saw it before today.  

I agree some of the big dance numbers could have used some wider shots. But, I think some of it wasn't so bothersome for me because I didn't know what to expect. 

Yes, the sound was pretty flat at my theater too. 

• NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay  Feb 17 2017, 09:25:23 PM

Since I haven't seen it yet, I can't comment on what people saw. But, I also thought the camera movement was too much in Rent when that got filmed and shown. I think part of the problem is they want to film these like movies. I don't think wide shot for the entire thing would be great.  Because they did that at BroadwayCon for the opening and I was bored from not being able to see from the back at either the stage or screens next to it. But, probably some still shots of big t

• Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances  Feb 17 2017, 12:47:20 PM

I also have tickets for the 2nd row upstairs. Definitely were not listed as partial view. Kind of irritating because it would have been nice to know that at the time of purchase. Then again, they also were allowing the food purchase for that section at the time. 

• NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay  Feb 17 2017, 09:45:17 AM

I'm seeing this on Saturday.  Tickets ended up being $12.72 with a convenience fee added from movietickets.com. Was honestly surprised it was that cheap. Or is it that cheap because it's a pretty early showing?  I know they do that at some theaters. I'm going to a theater that's about 50 miles from NYC in NJ. I'm not in the middle of nowhere like the town I actually live in. 

• Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances  Feb 14 2017, 11:07:22 PM

I'm going on the 26th. I have tickets for the 2nd level, so I am very curious to know how this all works out.  

• 54 Below Seating  Feb 6 2017, 10:51:41 PM

You will be fine. They only sell as many tickets as they have seats. So nobody else will be able to sit in that area if they didn't pay for those seats. I'd mostly arrive early to enjoy your food before the show starts. 

• If I Forget Previews  Feb 3 2017, 03:30:01 AM

Thanks for the review.  I'll admit,  I did buy a ticket mostly because of Kate Walsh.  I saw her in Dusk Rings a Bell at the Atlantic Theatre company a few years ago and enjoyed her performance.  And I agree about Jeremy Shamos.  I thought he was excellent in Noises Off last year. I'm now looking more forward to seeing this. I don't have tickets until March though. 

• Hello Dolly tickets  Feb 2 2017, 08:56:04 AM

I paid $79 for balcony row B on the side aisle, so I'm not seeing how these are discounts.  Unless they are just sending out advertising to sell more. I bought for when Donna Murphy is in it though. Don't know if that makes a difference. 

• The real star of BroadwayCon...  Jan 31 2017, 05:55:22 PM

I saw the pigeon inside on Friday during my lunch break.  This was by the food area around 1:30-3pm. I forget when I saw him flying around again during the mainstage or that he was a thing until I saw a few tweets.

• BroadwayCon 2017 ...at The Javits Center...  Jan 30 2017, 11:24:59 AM

They were going to do the jukebox thing on Saturday.  That's where the audience voted for songs for performers to sing. Instead they changed it to the slumber party, which was still voting,  but not as much music.  There was truth or dare where on dare people sang part of songs. Andrew Briedis, Annoying Actor Friend, posted a tweet chosen by the audience.  And then there was choosing facts about who was up there. 

And a lot of song writers were in the progr

• Telecharge Service Fees?  Jan 30 2017, 09:38:21 AM

ArtMan said: "haterobics said: "ArtMan said: "My original post was NOT why does Ticketmaster charge fees but why did the usual $12 fee go up to $31 for this concert."

Their fee is based on the ticket cost, not a flat rate.

"

Haterobics, the price of this ticket was the same as my usual purchases.

"

I have noticed higher fees when I look for more expensiv