BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for Marianne2
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Marianne2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 6 - 21
Favorite Show(s): In the Heights
Mamma Mia!

Favorite Performer(s): Tom Deckman
Lin-Manuel Miranda
Karen Olivo
Sara Ramirez

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Switching to better seats?  Apr 17 2015, 01:07:02 AM

If the ushers tell you that you can before the show starts, that's fine. It would be best to wait until intermission otherwise. It is distracting to see people move and you also never know if the people who belong to the empty ones will show up. 

• homosexual relationships  Apr 16 2015, 12:32:34 AM

Agree that AVEN has been a good source for me in rresearching asexuality. I too am asexual and trying to figure out what it means to me. Like I am 30 and have never been in any relationship or have any interest in having sex. Now I fall where I don't need to see sex in the media to please me, but I'm not repulsed by the act or seeing some. I also am aware when people are attractive, but that's as far as it goes for me. For me, I guess that would put me as biromantic. At least that seems close

• Bombshell Pre-Sale  Apr 13 2015, 08:05:39 PM

I'll admit, I did basically pledge some money because I didn't want to be shut out. Obviously that could have not been the case today. I guess it's great that they didn't need to have a general sale, but it's also a little insane. Like basically anyone going now either pledged $25 or more or are that person's guest. 

• Bombshell Pre-Sale  Apr 13 2015, 11:43:31 AM

After the code disaster, feel fortunate to have gotten through and quickly on my first attempt to choose. Will be in the last row of the mezzanine because that was the only place I could see that were $100. Just glad I will be going. 

• Mamma Mia!  Apr 9 2015, 11:32:00 PM

This was my first Broadway show, so it will always hold a place in my heart. I do like it, but not as much as other shows.  And, 14 years is an excellent run. 

• Sad to see Honeymoon go...and this disturbing trend  Apr 6 2015, 11:36:19 AM

The argument that a young audience would make the show survive or the reaction to the show better is absurd. I'm 30, right in the middle of the 20-40 demographic mentioned. I had no interest in seeing this at all. I can't tell you a thing about the movie and I am okay with that. Like I would have only been 8 when the movie came out. It didn't become some classic that most people will see. Actually, I cannot even think of one friend who could speak fondly of the movie. That's not to say it isn

• Broadway question about the film Birdman.  Mar 24 2015, 11:39:00 PM
    I think a general audience would not notice what we know so I guess that could be part of the reason they did that. Yes, I was going to mention when 44th turns into 47th when he goes to the Rum House and walks past the Edison. I think that was done to keep the style continuously flowing without delaying the action. Like would walking 3 blocks look interesting? Probably not.
  • Most glorious voices ever heard  Mar 16 2015, 11:39:04 PM
    Sara Ramirez
  • BroadwayCon:  Mar 15 2015, 08:35:25 PM
    I got the weekend pass today. I can't wait.

I noticed that any minors not going with parents need a notarized permission slip. So maybe that and the price will deter some of the ones that would be coming just to meet people.
  • Bombshell Benefit Concert  Mar 14 2015, 04:40:17 PM
    Not gonna lie, I am sort of surprised by how popular this is. I mean, where were all of these people when the show was failing on tv? Unless this is essentially most of the audience.

Anyway, 3 years ago I flew out to Los Angeles because the cast of Grey's Anatomy was doing a concert of songs from their show and it was for The Actor's Fund. There was no insane kickstarter for that and tickets were readily available up until the day of the show. Though I will admit I have no idea how big
  • Bombshell Benefit Concert  Mar 13 2015, 11:35:49 PM
    I did cave to pay the $25 for the presale code. I get the money is going to a good cause. However, I will be slightly disappointed to have paid that money to end up not getting to see it. What I find frustrating as well is that everyone who donated $1000 or more is guaranteed at least 2 tickets, plus the sale code. So that could take more tickets away from people who will have none until they go on sale.
  • Side Show Closing  Mar 3 2015, 09:21:48 AM
    I saw it and loved it. I have to say it is one of my favorite shows now. So I am a little disappointed that it closed so soon.
  • Code for $20 off first purchase on TodayTix  Mar 2 2015, 09:50:14 PM
    This is my first code. It actually made me laugh.

GFUKN
  • Excessive tactics over taking pictures in the theater  Feb 21 2015, 10:01:23 AM
    Agree with joy, Jane. I had an usher stop someone in front of me once for recording a show and I was glad they did. And same show and same row some kid pulled out a camera just to play with it. Fortunately his dad stopped that before it could escalate.

and BOM, regardless of pay for a job, they should all be taken seriously. Rules and exoectations of employee are not just for those making $20 or more an hour. They apply to everyone. So yes, if you do a crappy job at a minimum wage job,
  • Survey for theatre fans  Feb 19 2015, 10:39:55 PM
    Yeah, while some people are just happy to get autographs or photos, there are some people who take it the extra mile or think there is more to it than just that. I actually was turned off of staying at one once for that reason.
  • The Last Five Years (The Movie, The Thread)  Feb 14 2015, 11:17:00 PM
    I watched it last night. I went in blind only being aware of the story structure. I really enjoyed it. I think it is my favorite film of the year, so far. Loved the music and thought it looked really gorgeous. I can see how it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but I really liked it.

I rented it off of Amazon and everything looked fine on my computer. I didn't buy it because I wasn't sure if I would like it and didn't really want to shell out the $15 for something I wouldn't care about
  • BroadwayCon:  Feb 3 2015, 10:42:29 PM
    They could offer concerts and panel discussions. They need to have a variety and not just 1 kind of thing. And since this has never been done before, we have no idea how the autograph sessions will go. And it sounded like they aren't charging extra for those. If you don't like it, don't participate in that aspect.
  • Side Show Cast Album?  Feb 3 2015, 11:56:51 AM
    Just cancelled my Amazon order because it's being released a week later there. Of course it is now $12.99 versus the $13.95 from Broadway records. Oh well. I would rather get it sooner.
  • BroadwayCon:  Feb 3 2015, 11:43:29 AM
    Okay, I will give that. If it is essentially the flea market, then I agree it probably isn't worth it.

But, there are still almost 6 weeks before tickets go on sale. Maybe they will start to announce stuff.
  • BroadwayCon:  Feb 3 2015, 11:25:08 AM
    The no charging for autographs had me wondering about the price. Did not realize that stuff was so expensive at Comic Con. I also don't know if they give gift bags there upon entry as this one says.

As long as the whole weekend is interesting, I don't think it is that unreasonable. Like if you divide the $250 between 3 days, that's about $83 a day, which is certainly less than the price of a regular priced orchestra ticket to a show. My thing is that I can't afford the $200+ for the ho