Profile for Marianne2

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Marianne2
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Marianne2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 6 - 21
Favorite Show(s): In the Heights
Mamma Mia!

Favorite Performer(s): Tom Deckman
Lin-Manuel Miranda
Karen Olivo
Sara Ramirez

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • What shows did you see in 2016?  Jan 18 2017, 11:22:42 PM

Broadway:

Noises Off

Fun Home (twice)

Disaster 

School of Rock (twice)

She Loves Me 

Tuck Everlasting 

Waitress 

Shuffle Along 

The King and I

Cats

Kristin Chenoweth 

Holiday Inn

Falsettos

Off-Broadway:

Spamilton 

Finian's Rainbow 

Sweet Charity

Concerts:

Lea Salonga (54 Below)

Matthe

• BroadwayCon 2017 ...at The Javits Center...  Jan 13 2017, 02:39:14 PM

Bumping this up because it's only 2 weeks away. Is anyone else going? I can't wait. Kind of interested to see how this all works out this year versus last. 

And as a shameless plug, I am running the "I Just Love Theatre!!" Meetup on Saturday at noon. I'm actually surprised, but excited to have gotten picked to do this. It's just a way for fans with little or no theater experience to get together to talk about it. Hopefully it will be fun. 

• 54 Below?  Jan 7 2017, 06:47:14 PM

They do have a few non-alcoholic drinks on their menu as well. And you can probably get a regular soft drink too. As long as your bill is $50 between the 2 of you,  you should be fine. 

• Is there a performance of Cats on Wednesday January 11?  Jan 5 2017, 03:33:35 AM

It looks like they haven't made the change on their website, but it seems Wednesday will be their dark day now. Notice it says they added Thursday performances?  And the Wednesday after the 11th can't be purchased either. That's how I came to my conclusion.  I figured it made no sense to regularly do 9 performances a week. 

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/1/17  Jan 3 2017, 04:34:55 PM

_IrisTInkerbell said: "Call_me_jorge said: "It's also interesting to see that the illusionists had 17 performances."

I would just call that crazy lol.

Can this really be true or did someone mistype in the chat? I mean, that's a Rockettes figure...

"

I think I saw they were doing 3 performances a day most of the week.Probably because it isn't a typical Broadway show and family friendly. 

• Is The Al Hirschfeld Theatre Unsafe?  Dec 30 2016, 08:22:07 AM

I've never felt unsafe crowd wise in there. I actually feel the Walter Kerr is worse. Like the only exits I noticed were at the front of the building,  which is the left side of the stage in the orchestra.  I was all the way on the right side and had to cross the entire theater to exit. It was so much easier crossing through empty aisles of seats versus going around the perimeter.  

Also the crowd at the stage door was a nightmare to try to pass if you were heading t

• Possible to ask St-James for American Idiot playbill?  Dec 30 2016, 08:10:12 AM

Unfortunately the theaters do not have playbills for closed shows or past casts. Try eBay or a playbill trader.

• Debbie Reynolds has passed away  Dec 28 2016, 10:38:36 PM

Singin' In the Rain is one of my favorite movies.   Good Morning is my favorite number from that film.

• Your Theatre Related Gifts!  Dec 26 2016, 12:35:06 AM

Telecharge gift card 

Kristin Chenoweth - The Art of Elegance cd

Idina Menzel- Idina. cd

Josh Groban -Stages cd

Broadway Musicals: The 101 greatest shows of all time book.

• What were your favorite shows in 2016?  Dec 22 2016, 04:38:32 PM

New Productions:

Noises Off

School Of Rock

Shuffle Along

Finian's Rainbow

Sweet Charity

She Loves Me

Shows that had been open, but I didn't see until this year:

Fun Home

The King and I

• Falsettos Will Air on PBS' Live from Lincoln Center  Dec 22 2016, 10:22:16 AM

I'm seeing this next Tuesday, but this makes me excited. It will be nice to revisit it in the future.

• Holiday Inn to be streamed live on BroadwayHD on January 14th  Dec 20 2016, 10:22:09 AM

I'm not sure if I could sit through this again.  It wasn't the worst thing I've seen. But, it wasn't memorable and pretty lackluster except for the big dance numbers.  Like the story doesn't make the dancing worth sitting through again. 

• Finian's rainbow at Irish Rep.  Dec 19 2016, 08:53:59 AM

It's a very small theater.  However,  sitting in the back of the orchestra made me feel a little disconnected. Then again,  if you end up all the way to the right, it's against a wall. I was in row N, the last,  in the back corner.  Maybe it's better if not sitting that close to it.

• Help with 54 Below tickets as holiday gift  Dec 18 2016, 11:29:43 PM

I've never done side view seating.  However, it is right next to the stage on the sides. If seeing versus just listening is important,  spend the extra money for main dining room. 

I think the food is good. If you get there early enough,  eating and enjoying the show should be a non issue unless you eat really slowly.  I find it to a really relaxing environment,  so I personally wouldn't want to make reservations elsewhere.  

• Do teens know movie musicals?  Dec 17 2016, 02:46:57 PM

I forget, was there anything in this that specifically gave the backgrounds on these kids? Like are they all theater kids? 

I'll admit,  I have seen all 7 movies and knew them right away. But, I was not a teen when I saw most of them. I was 12 when I saw Singin' In the Rain in music class. And 13 or 14 with Fiddler. But, I never saw The Sound of Music all the way through until I was 19.  And that was because it was in a college class. And we also watched Seven Br

• The Broadway Channel on television  Dec 15 2016, 12:30:43 PM

Yes, that is definitely the feel of it. It is very odd to get it at my house. 

• The Broadway Channel on television  Dec 15 2016, 10:55:35 AM

I just found that I get this station from my cable provider now. Is it new? It's from Broadway.com.

I'm kind of not sure what the point of it is. All it seems to be is advertisements for Broadway shows.  It's like it should be something playing on small tvs at the airport or Port Authority.  I'm wondering if the advertising is just a hold for better things to come. It just doesn't seem like something I need to watch for hours unless I was planning to see a

• Rush tickets are not affordable anymore  Dec 15 2016, 10:49:49 AM

^ Agree with this. I haven't seen Hamilton yet because I personally don't want to spend so much money on seats that are no ideal and can't afford the more ideal ones.  It's disappointing,  but not the end of the universe.  I have seen plenty of wonderful shows though,  so I am very fortunate for that.

If you want cheap Broadway,  go join some of the non profit theater's ticket programs for young people,  if you are eligible.  

• Jessie Mueller's Final WAITRESS Performance Set for March 26, 2017  Dec 13 2016, 02:42:09 PM

AC126748 said: "Jessie is not the sole selling point of the show, as evidenced by the fact that the gross was still more than respectable during her vacation week in September. 

"

I agree with this. She was out when I saw it and there wasn't a huge crowd running to the box office for refunds or to switch dates. I'm sure a more general audience would know Sara Bareilles over Jessie Mueller. 

• Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson  Dec 13 2016, 02:34:10 PM

I bought front row balcony on the side aisle. I'm wondering why those were $79 for a Saturday,  but  the center was like $109. I wouldn't think it would be that much of a difference in view.