Profile for Marianne2

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Marianne2
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Marianne2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 6 - 21
Favorite Show(s): In the Heights
Mamma Mia!

Favorite Performer(s): Tom Deckman
Lin-Manuel Miranda
Karen Olivo
Sara Ramirez

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • The importance of shutting off your cell phone in a theater  Apr 29 2016, 07:57:45 AM

Some lady did it at 54 Below 2 weeks ago.  She got up twice to go in the lobby. Someone warned her about it. She may have also been texting.  I overheard her excuse was that she had a sick kid at home. If that was so much more important,  she should have been at home.  I saw it all because I was on the left side of the bar rail seating. 

• TUCK EVERLASTING Reviews  Apr 27 2016, 01:51:15 PM

I didn't realize not liking something was being against it. I actually started off with no intentions on seeing it, but the $19.75 deal during previews was very enticing.  I don't go into shows with the attitude that it will be bad. But, if it ends up not entertaining me, then I realize it just wasn't for me. Doesn't mean that nobody else shouldn't like it. It was a pretty show, but the storyline was sort of skimpy and confusing at times. And 4 days later, I don't

• TUCK EVERLASTING Reviews  Apr 27 2016, 10:35:59 AM

I guess,this is the season I don't get what reviewers are thinking.  Granted, they are not the reason I end up seeing or not seeing something. I have tickets to Waitress and Shuffle Along over the next couple of months.  I still need to  decide when to see American Psycho.  But, I definitely am still more excited to see those than I enjoyed Tuck Everlasting.  I also really want to see School of Rock again. Will be interesting to see if this show picks up any Tony

• TUCK EVERLASTING Reviews  Apr 26 2016, 08:18:46 PM

I thought it was a pretty piece of very little substance.  I don't need a show to be extremely thought provoking,  but I need it to make sense and to understand each character.  This show was neither for me.

• Can Lin Miranda write in other musical styles?  Apr 25 2016, 02:33:44 AM

gypsy101 said: "I really don't even think the scores for In the Heights and Hamilton are that similar. Everyone who doesn't like Hamilton says that they're too similar but when you really get to know it they're very different scores. 

"

I agree with this. After listening to both cast recordings,  I prefer In the Heights. Not sure if it has to do with not having seen Hamilton yet. But, the 1St time I li

• TUCK EVERLASTING Previews  Apr 23 2016, 05:52:44 PM

I saw this today.  I agree that it was just okay. Now that I am listening to An American in Paris,  the music is forgettable.  And I didn't get why the man in the yellow suit wanted to find the Tucks. And it felt like Constable Joe and Hugo were just thrown in.  I mean, obviously Hugo did end up serving a purpose,  but it was too late to care about him. While I love ballet, the end did last a little too long. 

• 2016 Outer Critics Circle Nominations & Awards  Apr 19 2016, 12:10:37 PM

I too am surprised by the lack of nominations for School of Rock.  I really enjoyed it. I haven't seen Tuck Everlasting yet. Will see that on Saturday.  But, at least here, it isn't getting favorable reviews. So, I find that interesting. 

• 54 Below Seating  Apr 12 2016, 06:24:10 PM

Yeah, each person has to buy a ticket. You will be seated with whoever if your whole party doesn't need an entire table. 

• BroadwayCon 2017 ...at The Javitz Center...  Apr 8 2016, 09:01:07 PM

I went with the regular weekend pass again. 

I definitely agree that Saturday or Sunday are your best bets for getting the most programming. Friday started with a lot of fan meetups. And the real programming didn't really start until noon.

• BroadwayCon 2017 ...at The Javitz Center...  Apr 6 2016, 06:53:29 PM

They did it in 3 batches last year. And I recall the 1st batch sold in a couple of hours in March of 2015. So, it isn't stupid to start selling now.

• BroadwayCon 2017 ...at The Javitz Center...  Apr 6 2016, 06:19:18 PM

I'm planning to go again.  I do think the change in venue will help. I brought snacks for myself on the 2ND day after learning my lesson on the 1St. A much better idea. And it helped me not just pick up junk.

The Vip passes seem like a better deal versus this years. I guess just use your discretion with what you expect. 

• She Loves Me reviews  Apr 6 2016, 12:22:30 PM

If anyone is interested,  Laura is out of today's matinee. I'm going still. But, I know people are sometimes interested in seeing understudies. 

• Only 2 in person lotteries left  Apr 6 2016, 09:05:56 AM

Yeah, it's Bs to call only those who can get down to the theater to enter "true fans." Sorry that I, and millions of other people, have jobs or have to travel a little to get there. 

• Broadway Cares Spring Collections  Apr 2 2016, 03:35:49 PM

School of Rock had guitar string bracelets available last night.  Didn't see that listed here yet. Don't remember how much they were. 

• Bad Theater Behavior  Apr 1 2016, 11:34:59 PM

Was at School of Rock tonight.  Great show, but someone pulled out lotion or something during the show and I could smell it from my seat. Have no idea who around me did it. 

And I think the show want over the head of a kid next to me.  He kept asking his mom what things meant.  And he seemed shocked by some of the worse language.  I will give his mom credit though because she did keep reminding him not to talk. 

• Seeing shows multiple times  Mar 30 2016, 09:51:56 AM

I don't see shows multiple times very often anymore because I don't get to the city as often as I would like due to work and other stuff. So, I mostly end up seeing what I can when I can. But, the ones I have seen multiple times were because I really enjoyed them the first time and wanted to revisit. That was with Xanadu.  I saw Priscilla Queen of the Desert twice because I won the lottery the 1St time, so the front row seats were not ideal at certain times. But, I loved it. And

• $19.75 tickets for Tuck  Mar 29 2016, 02:17:01 PM

^ And that's why ordering online is better when you can choose your own seats. Unless they are the kinds of people who expected most of the seats to go for that. I'm just glad I didn't get shut out. 

• $19.75 tickets for Tuck  Mar 29 2016, 12:30:50 PM

I'm going on April 23rd to the matinee. I guess it helps that they weren't so limiting with seats per show and gave almost an entire month of shows at that price. 

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, this show wasn't particularly on my radar to see. But, the $19.75 price was too good to not take advantage of. I have no idea what I am getting myself into with the show. I have also never read the book or seen any movie version. So, I hopin

• $19.75 tickets for Tuck  Mar 29 2016, 09:54:36 AM

It's good through April 25th, excluding Wednesday matinees. Saturday matinees are included though.

• $19.75 tickets for Tuck  Mar 29 2016, 09:42:14 AM

For those who will ask, it is rear mezzanine only, center section included. Never been in the Broadhurst before, so I don't know if that's good or bad. But, for the price I paid, I will not complain. 

BROADWAYWORLD TV