Profile for Marianne2

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Marianne2
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Marianne2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 6 - 21
Favorite Show(s): In the Heights
Mamma Mia!

Favorite Performer(s): Tom Deckman
Lin-Manuel Miranda
Karen Olivo
Sara Ramirez

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • security for audiences?  Dec 1 2015, 12:07:57 PM

I don't think anyone in this thread ever said terrorist threats or the terrible things that have happened are invented. Some of us just don't want to spend our lives worrying about the "could happens." Yes, I do think about everything, but I'm not going to stop my life. If I give into everything, I will never go out and do anything ever again. And I bet you 90% of the time I would miss out on a good time just because I'm afraid to leave my house.

• Why do fully grown adults still think it's ok to talk in shows?  Nov 30 2015, 07:43:58 AM

^ Who cares? If you don't,  why are you bothering to read it? 

• Lea Michele at the Tony Awards  Nov 21 2015, 09:56:10 PM

Hamilton22 said: ""If you want good, in my opinion, look at Sara Ramirez at the 2005 Tonys. She was sick and still sounded fantastic."

How is that a fair comparison? Sarah sang that song 8 times a week for months. Of course she sounded fine on it when sick, any  Broadway performer would (it's not even a hard song).  Lea wasn't singing "dont rain"  8 times

• Lea Michele  Nov 21 2015, 07:52:56 PM

Yuck. I don't hate Lea Michele as a performer as much as other people here, but that was a hot mess. She looked like she was going to take a dump while walking down the aisle. And she sounds way too intense in her singing. And her stopping to sit is not impressive because it was Jonathan Groff, who she has ties to. 

If you want good, in my opinion, look at Sara Ramirez at the 2005 Tonys. She was sick and still sounded fantastic. 

BroadwayCon:  Nov 17 2015, 02:40:52 PM

I do wonder what they are doing with the answers. Almost seemed Family Feudish. Also realized I didn't really say the shows my answers were from. Hope they can figure that out, if it matters.

• Kristin Chenoweth Tour  Nov 15 2015, 01:24:08 PM

That probably would have driven me crazy too if I was not really interested in the performers before Kristin Chenoweth. 

If it makes you feel any better, my college had the Black Eyed Peas come for a concert. I don't even remember who was opening. But, they performed longer than the Black Eyed Peas. I think they performed like 5 songs and that was it. Was glad to have gotten a special discount for students for that one.

• Kristin Chenoweth Tour  Nov 15 2015, 12:28:02 PM

Is it possible that the venue you went to made it impossible for her to perform everything? Like in NJ, the kids choir for that venue came out closer to the end of the show and were only there for like 1 or 2. I agree that an hour seems like a lot if they were not supposed to be the main attraction. Like maybe the people at the venue insisted that the show had to be over by a certain time. Granted, I obviously don't know anything. 

• Hip Hop Broadway Musicals  Nov 10 2015, 01:59:11 PM

^ Agree there. Also, past shows with the same genre of music failed, so I wouldn't put too much on the music of Hamilton to draw a younger audience. 

• Disaster! The Musical  Nov 5 2015, 11:29:30 AM

I don't know anything about this show, but it looks like the kind of thing I might enjoy, if just to see it for its camp value. Plus, looking at the wikipedia page, I'm sold on the spelling of the name Marianne. Yes, you can all make fun of me for that.

• Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center  Oct 28 2015, 12:12:39 PM

I think it was 2 hours. It started a little late and I think it was 8:40 when it ended. 

• Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center  Oct 28 2015, 12:18:07 AM

Does anyone have a recommendation on a cast recording for this show? Well, the next best thing to what we saw tonight. 

• Megan Hilty Will Star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN Gala Concert at City Center  Oct 27 2015, 10:01:16 PM

I was also there and agree with Whizzer. I have only seen the movie of Annie Get Your Gun and this was so good.  I have liked Megan Hilty from other things she has done. But, I think this topped all of it. Even the Bombshell Benefit. 

• BEAUTIFUL performance to be taped and aired on National TV!  Oct 24 2015, 03:57:57 AM

They look for audiences for the pretaped segments on Cds. I went to the Pippin one last year. They want people to believe that the performance is live, even though that makes no logical sense. 

• Dames at Sea Previews  Sep 29 2015, 08:48:58 AM

^ Interesting that you thought the audience at Dames At Sea was younger than at On the Town. At 31, I felt extremely young looking around at the crowd waiting to go in on Sunday afternoon. 

I was at the Sunday matinee.  I really enjoyed myself. I had no expectations going in as I only really heard of the title.  But, it was really flashy for such a small show. I didn't really get an off Broadway vibe based on that. The dancing was excellent and I did

• Flea Market Finds!  Sep 28 2015, 08:02:30 PM

Yes, the $100 price tag for Leanne Cope's shoes did not go down. I get that they were numbered, but it didn't really help sell them.

I definitely would not pay $800 for a flash drive of songs. It must be nice to be able to throw that kind of money down for that. 

Is there any way to see what stuff went for in the silent auctions? I was interested in the Side Show poster from that, but found mine at a table, so I didn't bother to try. 

• Flea Market Finds!  Sep 28 2015, 02:03:07 PM

Yes, the deals at the end of the day weren't that good. Was hoping the Leanne Cope signed toe shoes would go down. They didn't,  so I got the ensemble member signed ones. I actually don't think any of Leanne's sold based on how many were left between 5 & 5:30.

• Flea Market Finds!  Sep 27 2015, 10:07:11 PM

Agree that there seemed to be a lot of random stuff versus theater related. I usually pick it up a few cases, but only did 1 this year. The other thing, a lot of tables seemed to have the same cds. I also didn't like that you could buy the window card frames from Triton, but had to go by their store to pick them up. I don't live in NYC, so they lost some money because of that. Unless I didn't realize I could have gone today.

• Pick-a-Tick Trade  Sep 27 2015, 06:41:02 PM

I doubt anyone will want it, but I have a voucher for Quantum Eye. I have no idea what it is.

• Broadway Flea Market 2015 Celebrity Photo Booth/Autograph Table!  Sep 27 2015, 02:06:26 PM

I'm on a break now. Actually eating before heading to Dames At Sea. My best purchase so far is a Side Show window card signed by Emily Padgett & Erin Davie. Gonna see what is discounted later. 

• Dames at Sea Previews  Sep 22 2015, 06:52:53 PM

I'm going on Sunday during the flea market. I can't wait. I don't really know anything about the show, but it sounded like something that would interest me. 

Advertisement Advertisement