Profile for Marianne2

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Marianne2
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Marianne2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 6 - 21
Favorite Show(s): In the Heights
Mamma Mia!

Favorite Performer(s): Tom Deckman
Lin-Manuel Miranda
Karen Olivo
Sara Ramirez

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • When is Jeremy Jordan coming back to Broadway?  Apr 23 2017, 08:38:48 AM

Actually,  the CW is considered a top 5 network.  It isn't as large as ABC, CBS, or NBC, but it isn't nothing.  And while some shows certainly are more valuable to be on, TV work still pays more than theater.  Doesn't matter how bad a show is either.  

• broadwaycon 2018  Apr 16 2017, 05:39:24 PM

But, now regular weekend pass holders aren't guaranteed seating to the main stage events. Basically they turned people who are there all weekend into what the day pass holders are. No offense to anyone at all. And the rear seating for main stage were awful this past year. So, I might not want to spend an extra $200 for that again. 

• BroadwayCon 2018  Apr 14 2017, 08:38:55 AM

I'm remembering what was in the general pass bags from the past. The only huge loss for me are the writing implements. It was mostly advertising. 

I hope they improve mainstage viewing from the back.  Otherwise all the gold pass seating is a waste.  That I would not be willing to pay an extra $200 for when I can be in the back not seeing for less.

• Discount Code?  Apr 8 2017, 10:36:04 AM

^ They just haven't sold all of those seats? 

• Allowing phone images for tickets  Apr 1 2017, 08:48:58 AM

Wick3 said: "This makes me wonder... When did Broadway theaters start using scanners to scan tickets? If imagine back in the 70s or 80s the theater simply tore off your ticket stub?

"

I think the Winter Garden still did it in 2007. And actually,  the Beaumont did it in 2010. I remember those 2 instances of no scanner. I was surprised when I went to my 2nd Broadway show in 2008 that they were scanning versus ripping. 

• Lea Salonga's  Mar 31 2017, 12:17:26 PM

Yes, this set list is from her 54 Below shows last year. She made no mention of Fun Home at all. 

• CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews  Mar 30 2017, 11:31:31 PM

I remember reading somewhere that they were teaming up with Dylan's Candy Bar for some sort of merchandising opportunity or something.  How is that working out? It feels so weird that they put all of this effort for things not on stage.

• CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews  Mar 29 2017, 01:52:07 PM

Sounds like I did good taking this off of my must see list. 

Just out of curiosity,  how is it with Charlie being the only child actor with the rest of the kids being played by adults?  I don't know the adult actors,  so I don't know if they look young or not. Like are they able to pass for at least teens? That's 1 thing I find odd about this production.  

• Broadhurst seating opinion?  Mar 23 2017, 06:23:35 PM

You should be fine.  It's a very small theater.  I've been in row H up there and it doesn't feel far at all.

• Bad Theater Behavior  Mar 22 2017, 01:54:36 PM

AC126748 said: "I saw The Importance of Being Earnest at the Walnut Street Theatre in Philadelphia over the weekend. I was given the ticket and it ended up being in the front row. I was shocked at how many other people in the front row walked in and started putting stuff on the stage: playbills, drinks, purses, etc. These people basically treated the stage like it was their end table, and never once did I see an usher come up and say anything. 

The

• Will DOLLY dethrone HAMILTON?  Mar 20 2017, 08:26:35 AM

Wick3 said: "haterobics said: "ACL2006 said: "Dolly's premium ticket price is $650, HAMILTON'S top price is $1,000. So no."

Not to mention, Dolly's top ticket price is the front row. Hamilton's is the entire center orchestra from the third row back to around R or S, and four seats on the side orchestra for the same, and then the "mid-premiums" on top of that for $400+. 

They're not remotely close.

• Musical Theatre Camp For Adults  Mar 20 2017, 08:12:38 AM

I learned about this at BroadwayCon this year.  It says it's $420 on their website.  Unfortunately that's out of my budget right now.  

• Who was the best understudy you have ever seen!  Mar 17 2017, 03:04:53 AM

I didn't realize he was an alternate versus understudy when I saw West Side Story for the 2nd time, but Jeremy Jordan as Tony is my favorite.  

• why doesn't Hamilton take over another broadway theater?  Mar 14 2017, 04:06:21 PM

Yes, there is a huge difference in having a production in NYC, Chicago, and 2 touring productions nowhere near each other, versus 2 in a 10-15 block radius in NYC. Plus do we know if some of the demand is still scalpers? Like I know the limits for ticket purchase is still low, but someone could still make a nice profit off of a few tickets. 

• Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances  Mar 14 2017, 03:56:33 PM

I actually didn't have major issues with the partial view mezzanine seats. Just a few little things.  Then again,  I was in BB 104, which is closer to the center aisle. Was able to see the counter space area of the set well.

• why doesn't Hamilton take over another broadway theater?  Mar 14 2017, 02:27:15 PM

It could also get confusing for people buying tickets to which theater to go to. Yes, it will say on the tickets where they are for, but people don't care or read things carefully and may just go wherever they see a theater marquee.  And then you get the people who will probably demand to go in because they are there and shouldn't have to travel further,  even though they are wrong. I work in retail,  I see this all the time. 

• Tickets During Winter Storm  Mar 14 2017, 10:02:27 AM

I saw a discount from Phantom of the Opera. 

Code is PHSNOW209.

And before some people start with the scolding for panic in the city,  there is still a huge area under a blizzard warning.  I'm in it & live less than 60 miles from NYC. 

• Bad Theater Behavior  Mar 13 2017, 08:07:32 AM

Someone's cell phone went off at If I Forget on Saturday.  It's unbelievable how people ignore it and let it keep ringing. I have no idea where it was coming from either.  It didn't sound close. 

• Tickets During Winter Storm  Mar 11 2017, 06:09:50 PM

Yotel is good too. I stayed there for BroadwayCon this year. It's only a block from Port Authority.  

• If I Forget Previews  Mar 11 2017, 05:36:48 PM

I saw the matinee today. I agree that it was a great show. Maria Dizzia was out, but I didn't feel cheated getting her understudy. It made me laugh, but also left me feeling sad for the family.  It was nice to see Jeremy Shamos in a show like this after seeing him in Noises Off.