Profile for Marianne2

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Marianne2
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Marianne2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 6 - 21
Favorite Show(s): In the Heights
Mamma Mia!

Favorite Performer(s): Tom Deckman
Lin-Manuel Miranda
Karen Olivo
Sara Ramirez

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Sunday night options?  Sep 29 2016, 11:35:48 PM

I think Cats and School of Rock also do Sunday evening shows. Out of these two, School of Rock is better, in my opinion.

• Grumpy Cat in CATS  Sep 29 2016, 05:41:10 PM

I'm gonna take a guess that it will probably be some stupid walk on during the Naming of Cats or something like that.  Not gonna lie, if I didn't have to work until 5, I would go. I don't work near the city.

• Musicals that make you feel happy/at peace  Sep 29 2016, 02:05:02 AM

She Loves Me and Annie Get Your Gun.  

• Broadway Flea Market 2016  Sep 26 2016, 05:40:41 PM

I saw some playbills from American Psycho,  but that was it. Didn't get one. 

Sounds like I lucked out with my Gigi shirt. The guy running the table happened to pick 1 up in the size I wanted. I only got to dig through 1 box which was a lot of Amazing Grace stuff.

• Broadway Flea Market 2016  Sep 26 2016, 08:27:04 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "Here's something that really pissed me off today. The ON YOUR FEET table toward the middle of the day, got a cast signed poster and it had Gloria's signature on it. They wanted $175 so I figured I'd keep an eye on it. Nobody bought it and I kept waiting for them to lower the price. But when I went back, it was $200. Then it was $250. Then it was $300. And at the end of the day, they just packed it up. I made them a fair offer for it and she sai

• Broadway Flea Market 2016  Sep 25 2016, 10:25:58 PM

My haul this year :

Flea market tee- I couldn't help myself because they were so pink and shiny.

Gigi tee that they had to stop selling on opening night because it ran the risk of copyright infringement from Chanel.

Cds: Violet-Roundabout production

The King and I- Lincoln Center revival

Les Mis Obcr

Starlight Express Obcr

Fun Home Public Theatre window card

Squigs art that was an opening night gift from Disaster 

A bunch

• Broadway Flea Market 2016  Sep 25 2016, 06:12:29 PM

Yeah, I found a lot of cool stuff, but it was frustrating trying to navigate the tables.  I was apologizing so much to people for running into them or accidentally brushing up against them.

• Broadway Flea Market 2016  Sep 25 2016, 04:25:02 PM

The Finding Neverland window cards were at the table of various closed shows.

• Broadway Flea Market 2016  Sep 25 2016, 03:43:22 PM

They were selling Finding Neverland window cards signed by the cast for $5. This is all day, if anyone is interested.  

Waiting a bit to go back to see what is left and worth it.

• Broadway Flea Market 2016  Sep 25 2016, 12:14:15 PM

willep said: "Agreed, this set up is awful. My goal for the day was some Squigs art, he didn't have any prints from the shows I was hoping for, but grabbed one from The Great Comet. I hadn't even realized he had done it, and it's one of my favorite shows so I'm happy.

"

I managed to get one from Disaster.  That's my big purchase so far.

• Broadway Flea Market 2016  Sep 25 2016, 11:15:08 AM

It is way too crowded by the tables.  At least on 44th. 

• What musicals have you booked for 2017?  Sep 25 2016, 09:34:36 AM

I expect every show will have people who hate it, so they all won't work from that perspective.  Also, maybe Anastasia will be the only spring show to survive the summer because it is a 1 word title like Waitress. 

• Broadway Flea Market 2016  Sep 24 2016, 07:11:55 PM

JVJ93 said: "Apologies if this has already been covered, but does anyone know if they usually sell West End programs at Flea? Thanks! 

"

Some might. I got one from Mamma Mia a few years ago. You never know what you'll find.

• Broadway Flea Market 2016  Sep 23 2016, 06:49:55 PM

It's very fascinating how the tables only take up 1 side of 44th and 45th. I realize the junior's side of 45th will be for the autograph table line, but I wonder if this will make walking through less of a nightmare. 

• Broadway Flea Market 2016  Sep 22 2016, 07:42:27 AM

I think they do have them for newer shows. I know I got some for Scandalous when it was opened.  Didn't end up going. But, they do have a lot for non Broadway shows. Some are bad. I got a voucher last year for The Quantum Eye, and after looking that up, I had no desire to use it.

• Broadway Flea Market 2016  Sep 21 2016, 10:30:01 AM

I've never stayed until the very end. But, I have noticed it's maybe between 4:30 and 6 when things start winding down and people try to get bargains.  I do believe some tables are gone before 6. Like the TDF pick a ticket table has always been gone before I make my second round after the matinees. 

• CIty Kitchen food hall at Row NYC  Sep 21 2016, 10:23:07 AM

O was going to say, even if it were all tourists, the lines aren't insane.  Like I decided to go to Shake Shack last night and am  fully aware you do have to wait 95% of the time. I took it to go because I knew finding a place to sit would be impossible.  

And the worst place I've gone was Carlo's Bakery.  That was definitely all tourists and the most disorganized way of ordering,  paying,  and picking up.  It also wasn't worth the hyp

• Broadway Flea Market 2016  Sep 20 2016, 09:47:54 AM

I think usually only a day or 2. I remember not having a ton of notice. 

• Singing Staff At Ellen's Stardust Diner Go Silent In Protest  Sep 17 2016, 09:50:42 AM

Thanks for sharing everything,  Pippin. I haven't been there in years,  but now I certainly won't until this is all straightened out. It was just a fun place to go to. Your friend is right,  I went for the entertainment,  not really the food. Hoping everything works out. 

• Should I be on here?  Sep 13 2016, 09:27:59 AM

As long as you have the passion to learn and discuss theater,  you belong here. I do have a tiny bit of experience in it, but not enough to consider myself a professional.  I also work in retail as my career right now.  So, I consider myself mostly a fan. I think everyone is needed because it can give a lot of different and interesting perspectives and opinions.  

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Back to Falsettoland w/ OBC - Passing the Torch
Backstage Bite
TV Exclusive: BACKSTAGE BITE with ALADDIN's Rodney Ingram!
Turning the Tables
Binge on TURNING THE TABLES!
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
TV:-LuPone's Autobio - Lands EVITA!
KID CRITICS
TV: KID CRITICS Swept Away at PHANTOM
BROADWAY SESSIONS
BWW TV Exclusive: THE LION KING Cast Roars at Broadway Sessions