Profile for Marianne2

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Marianne2
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Marianne2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 6 - 21
Favorite Show(s): In the Heights
Mamma Mia!

Favorite Performer(s): Tom Deckman
Lin-Manuel Miranda
Karen Olivo
Sara Ramirez

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Marquee  Jul 23 2017, 10:32:44 AM

phantomcrazy14 said: "I don't know if it's still there, but there used to be a sign for Daddy Long Legs on the side of the Davenport Theatre facing the parking lot (where on a side note, there seems to always be someone waving that orange flag without fail at all hours of the day)

"

I saw that last month and was thinking "Didn't that close already?" 

And I also think the Stephen Sondheim theatre still has the Hen

• Walk up at 7:50  Jul 22 2017, 08:27:09 PM

You can always try the Groundhog Day lottery.  That way you can enter in advance. And if you don't win, they usually have some discount code. And then you will definitely be guaranteed a ticket to something instead of rushing around at the last minute.

• Hello Dolly Seating  Jul 22 2017, 07:46:43 AM

^ I don't know about the Shubert,  but when I sat in essentially the same seat numbers in row D of the Ambassador mezzanine,  I felt like I was watching Chicago from backstage.  I was not told there would be issues like that.

At least here, they do say the seats are partial view. 

• Outside of the message boards  Jul 18 2017, 10:25:48 PM

Northern NJ where nobody knows. People seem to forget that Sussex County is the top of the state. 

• What is your avatar?  Jul 18 2017, 10:02:01 PM

Mine was unintentional. It was from a benefit I saw Sara Ramirez at in 2010. She was walking off stage & I forgot that my camera was zoomed in so much. It turned out great though. 

• Avoid Balcony for Hello Dolly  Jul 9 2017, 11:20:35 PM

CT2NYC said: "I got one of the $59 partial view Row K seats, and, because I stood the whole time, the view was excellent. However, I got the impression that a lot of people that were sitting in the rows beneath me had some trouble seeing the passerelle.

"

Yeah, I was in row B and that was the part hardest to see. I felt if I had been up 1 row, I probably would have had no issues. Actually,it wasn't even as bad as I was anticipating.

• Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!  Jul 1 2017, 10:53:50 PM

Thanks for the info on the box seats. I definitely will consider them if I go see the show again. I really want to.

I'm curious to see what the grosses for this week will be like. I'm totally aware of the discounts, so I am expecting them to not be as fantastic.  But, maybe if they are good enough,  Donna could take over full time when Bette leaves. 

• Emmy Rossum HAS to play Celie in The Color Purple!  Jun 30 2017, 10:22:06 PM

She should get her skin permanently colored green so she can play Elphaba, Shrek, and the Grinch. Or is that considered racist? 

• Do You Remember Your First Time?  Jun 30 2017, 03:11:27 PM

First professional show I remember seeing is the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall in 1996. This was a 6th grade class trip. 

Broadway was in 2007 with Mamma Mia.  I saw Carolee Carmello as Donna.

• Bad Theater Behavior  Jun 21 2017, 12:48:36 PM

It's interesting how at Hello, Dolly! they don't allow bottled water in the theater because of the crinkling of the bottles. They also don't serve drinks with ice. But, they serve candy that you can crinkle the packaging. It was also slightly odd how they made the cell phone, pictures,  and video announcement at intermission and not before the show.

• Bad Theater Behavior  Jun 21 2017, 10:52:05 AM

hl29 said: "At Hello, Dolly last night, an older patron in the balcony apparently missed the MANY, MANY signs and notifications that Donna Murphy was performing, as she does every Tuesday night now. When Donna first appeared, the woman jumped out of her seat and started SWATTING the usher with her playbill, yelling "I WAS LIED TO!!". After a few minutes of making a scene she announced she "WOULD NOT STAY FOR THIS!" and stormed out. It was shockingly rude.&nbs

• Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!  Jun 20 2017, 10:28:10 PM

I saw this tonight.  Holy crap,  that was awesome.  It's my first time seeing this show, but it exceeded my expectations.  Definitely up there as one of my favorite shows this year. There were definitely no mishaps like people spoke of last week.  Donna Murphy owned that stage. The rest of the cast was so awesome as well. I totally recommend going on a Tuesday night or during Bette Midler's vacation.  

• Protest at tonight's performance of Julius Caesar  Jun 16 2017, 10:59:14 PM

I want to know where these people were earlier in the run. Like it closes in 2 days. Why protest now?

• Ingrid Michaelson to play Sonya in GREAT COMET  Jun 14 2017, 11:02:06 PM

This makes me so excited. I haven't seen the show yet, but I definitely will be seeing it now. 

For what it's worth of star power, I went to 1 of her shows at the Beacon Theatre in November. The 1st sold out, so they added a 2nd. And her holiday show sells too. She may not be able to have each of her shows be a sell out, but people are interested in her. 

• Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!  Jun 13 2017, 04:46:02 PM

I'm going next week because my birthday is the day after. Can't wait to hear back from people going tonight.

• Rank the Tony performances  Jun 12 2017, 12:13:40 AM

1. The Great Comet

2. Dear Evan Hansen

3. Come From Away

4. Bandstand (Too bad the choreography is the best part of the show.)

5. Falsettos

6. Miss Saigon (Definitely better to see the show, in my opinion.)

7. Groundhog Day (Based on this, it looks like a boring show.)

8. War Paint 

9. Hello, Dolly (It seemed like they didn't even try because they know they don't have to worry about selling tickets.)

• ABC hops onboard: Network will present 3-hour DIRTY DANCING event; Abigail Breslin to star  May 26 2017, 09:48:33 AM

Is it worth watching like you would Mystery Science Theater 3000 though? If so, I'm in. I was at work on Wednesday and sort of forgot about it.  

• KING KONG Set for Fall 2018 Bow at the Broadway Theatre  May 17 2017, 01:50:36 PM

Maybe they could use Jack Black's song from SNL. 

https://youtu.be/qzeTNOpuauA

• HELLO, DOLLY! with Donna Murphy  May 16 2017, 04:23:25 PM

I'm seeing it on June 20th. 

• Dear Evan Hansen Ice Cream Truck  May 16 2017, 04:21:14 PM

They are out on 45th St between 8th & Times Square giving out free ice cream as a promo. No idea how long it will be there. But, I just got myself a free cup of ice cream.