Profile for Marianne2

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Marianne2
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Marianne2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 6 - 21
Favorite Show(s): In the Heights
Mamma Mia!

Favorite Performer(s): Tom Deckman
Lin-Manuel Miranda
Karen Olivo
Sara Ramirez

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • ABC hops onboard: Network will present 3-hour DIRTY DANCING event; Abigail Breslin to star  May 26 2017, 09:48:33 AM

Is it worth watching like you would Mystery Science Theater 3000 though? If so, I'm in. I was at work on Wednesday and sort of forgot about it.  

• KING KONG Set for Fall 2018 Bow at the Broadway Theatre  May 17 2017, 01:50:36 PM

Maybe they could use Jack Black's song from SNL. 

https://youtu.be/qzeTNOpuauA

• HELLO, DOLLY! with Donna Murphy  May 16 2017, 04:23:25 PM

I'm seeing it on June 20th. 

• Dear Evan Hansen Ice Cream Truck  May 16 2017, 04:21:14 PM

They are out on 45th St between 8th & Times Square giving out free ice cream as a promo. No idea how long it will be there. But, I just got myself a free cup of ice cream. 

• Broadway Bakes  May 16 2017, 04:11:26 PM

I was there around 3:30. No long line. Nobody was mean or judgmental.  Just go and have fun. 

• Ever miss a show so much it makes you sad?  May 12 2017, 09:33:28 AM

The revival of Side Show. Well, more in the sense that I wish I had the money at the time to keep it open longer. I know, not helpful if I put funding down because I liked it and nobody was seeing it anyway.  

• Cats - Audience Rewards Seats  May 11 2017, 08:30:41 PM

I got row O, seat 8 in the orchestra . It wasn't a bad view at all. This was back in September. 

• NBC's next live musical...  May 10 2017, 11:14:05 PM

Ted Neeley- It wouldn't be Jesus Chris Superstar without him.

I hope this is better than crosspalooza Fox had on last year.

• AMELIE to close on May 21  May 10 2017, 01:05:10 PM

There were some noticeable groups of empty seats in the mezzanine for the Saturday matinee. Which is why there were people dangling their feet over the seats in front of them. Yuck.

• AMELIE to close on May 21  May 9 2017, 12:00:19 PM

SporkGoddess said: "IMO, the songs just ran together too much.  Many of my favorite shows have scores that people don't find catchy, so I don't think that'd be the root of the problem for me.  It's just that the songs from this show aren't memorable. There were only about a few that stuck in my memory - "Stay," "Goodbye, Amelie," and the one Nino sings when he's putting up those flyers. There was also a duet adult Amelie

• Bad Theater Behavior  May 7 2017, 06:54:16 PM

I forget if I've read about this here, but some people in my row were dangling their feet over the seat in front of them at Amélie yesterday. This was in the mezzanine.  Since when is this appropriate behavior?  I mean, the ones who did have someone sitting in front of them had to stop, but some didn't. 

• AMELIE to close on May 21  May 6 2017, 04:28:26 PM

I saw it this afternoon.  I have not seen the movie, so I don't know the differences.  It was alright.  Nothing offensive about it. But, I did start getting a little bored about 45 minutes in. From what I was interpreting,  they could have done so much with the sets and props, but didn't.  It could have been a little more magical or imaginative looking at times. The score was also slightly boring because I thought it all sounded really similar.  Makes it

• Shakespeare in the park ticket...how early to line up  May 5 2017, 04:55:27 PM

^ It's been that way for awhile now. Even when they had big shows like Into the Woods with Amy Adams, I was able to get my ticket and leave until showtime. 

Seems like they have added ways to get tickets as well. Like I was just reading there is going to be some available from the Today Tix app.

• Souvenir Programs Vs. Playbills  May 5 2017, 04:52:04 PM

I only have a few that I've gotten from the Broadway Flea Market. It's mostly for the productions I've found the costumes and sets to be impressive to look back on like Shrek, Kinky Boots, Pippin, and Priscilla Queen of the Desert. I like the Spamalot one, but I mostly bought that for Sara Ramirez pictures. :) 

• Dear Theater Fans, Please Stop Stealing  May 2 2017, 09:51:58 PM

IlanaKeller said: "Marianne2 said: "Is it stealing if you take something out of the public library and then copy it for your own use?"

Yes.

"If they didn't want people to have access to the material,  they shouldn't get put in a place where people can fins it. I realize this mostly just applies to cast recordings,  legal films, and book materials."

Do you leave your car in your

• Dear Theater Fans, Please Stop Stealing  May 2 2017, 07:53:41 PM

Is it stealing if you take something out of the public library and then copy it for your own use? If they didn't want people to have access to the material,  they shouldn't get put in a place where people can fins it. I realize this mostly just applies to cast recordings,  legal films, and book materials. 

• Why are some Playbills Black and White Instead of Colour?  May 1 2017, 11:57:28 PM

I do recall the Venus in Fur and Murder Ballad Playbills being in black & white. And Roundabout's always are too.

And any color advertising in them is from the advertiser.  They pay to have their ads included. 

• BANDSTAND Reviews  Apr 26 2017, 01:57:02 PM

^ Me too. There was a lot of good in it, in my opinion.  But, there weren't some good things either. 

• Sunday in the Park with George - how early for Rush  Apr 26 2017, 11:30:33 AM

Random question for those who bought a window card. I didn't want to make a separate thread for something small like this.

Did anyone else find theirs to be slightly longer than the standard 14"x22" size?  I finally got my frame for mine yesterday and went to put it in today and it didn't fit. I took another of my other window cards to see if the frame was slightly off, but it fit. Then I noticed the Sunday one is slightly wider. I mean only to the point of eithe

• BANDSTAND Previews  Apr 26 2017, 02:00:50 AM

Well, it is 2 hours 25 minutes if you take out intermission.  It needs it though.