Profile for Phantom of London

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Phantom of London
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Phantom of London
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 26
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
A Little Night Music
Aspects of Love
Billy Elliot: The Musical
Cinderella
Evita
Hairspray
In the Heights
Into the Woods
Jesus Christ Superstar
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
La Cage aux Folles
Les Misérables
Love Story
Martin Guerre
Merrily We Roll Along
Miss Saigon
next to normal
Parade
Ragtime
Rent
Sister Act
South Pacific
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sunset Boulevard
The Producers
West Side Story
Whistle Down The Wind
Young Frankenstein

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Theatre In California  Dec 5 2016, 01:48:36 PM

In the Spring I am thinking of hitting New York to see the new shows, then would like to see something in California, I am aware of the main theatres in Los Angeles (Pantanges and Ahmanson) and San Francisco (Golden Gate, Curran and the Orpheum), but what other theatres are worth checking out please?

• PARAMOUR Moving Theaters, Future Up in the Air  Dec 1 2016, 06:51:16 PM

Didn't one of the last tenants (Spider-Man), when closing saying it was going to relocate? What happened there?

With Potter announced so quickly as soon as Paramour put their closing notice out, ATG invoked the stop clause.

• Next to Normal- why no west end transfer  Nov 29 2016, 04:23:51 PM

Also David Stone who owns the rights and also making millions from Wicked, wouldn't be concerned with making a very minute profit in the West End, not really worth his hassle, so he won't release the rights.

So what I think will happen is in 8-15 years time he will allow somewhere mentioned above perform it in London for the first time, with an eye on a transfer for the first Broadway revival.

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27/16  Nov 29 2016, 04:16:00 PM

As I said earlier in the thread and didn't get an answer, but has Hamilton recouped? I be surprised if it hasn't, but having read a press release to say it has.

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27/16  Nov 28 2016, 04:35:08 PM

Has Hamilton officially it has recouped yet?

• WICKED to Overtake BEAUTY AND THE BEAST as the Ninth Longest-Running Show of All Time  Nov 27 2016, 05:29:35 PM

Chicago didn't either get best musical.

Wicked could be round for a long time, as another poster said it could move to another theatre such as the Neil Simon when it needs to. Also so they could stunt cast the 2 female leading roles. You can see that the Hamilton effect has slightly hit the box office, will the box office get hit again once Frozen opens.

• Gypsy transferring  Nov 26 2016, 08:54:10 PM

Smaxie said: "It was great in the theatre. Absolutely great. The favorite of all of the Roses I've seen (Lansbury, Daly, Peters, Buckley and Lupone). Her performance was not modulated for the TV cameras, and it doesn't have the same magic. Not sure who else they would bring over, but with an American cast surrounding her, I wouldn't be so quick to snub it. 

"

Hah, I am no means a Sondheim fan, but saw this in Chichester

• Spring Visit  Nov 19 2016, 12:50:10 AM

Seen both Groundhog Day and Come From Away and both are excellent.

Come From Away is the funniest new musical since Mormon.

• THE PLAY THAT GOES WRONG on Broadway This Spring  Nov 14 2016, 03:13:47 PM

The producers done the same thing in London and that was to offer cheap preview tickets, hence building up a fan base and positive word of mouth, it see,s to have worked.

I am a one of a kind, the only person that didn't love it, including yours truly.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/02/01/london-theater-journal-laughing-wall-to-wall/?_r=0

• Audra McDonald Lawsuit  Nov 14 2016, 03:09:29 PM

Only time Audra was glad not to get the Tony now.

• Sunset Boulevard cast  Nov 14 2016, 11:18:38 AM

Michael Xavier is very talented, I agree with you on Alistair Bramner very meh.

• Sunset Boulevard cast  Nov 13 2016, 09:55:28 PM

Should the British only casts Brits, when Americans take British roles in the West End?

As for the rest of you, I am sure you will enjoy Michael being out of the swimming pool.

• Movie Stars You like To See On Broadway  Nov 9 2016, 11:49:59 AM

As we know that Broadway gets it fair share of Hollywood Movie stars, but what ones would you love to see on Broadway?

I would love to see:

Tim Robbins

Mark Ruffalo

Morgan Freeman

• Plays/Musicals > 90 Minutes  Nov 9 2016, 11:46:29 AM

HogansHero said: "any? 

there are literally over 100,000 that meet that requirement. Could you provide a bit of context if you have a serious question?

"

A

pologies, I have now fixed the title should have read Plays/Musicals 90 minutes or less.

• Plays/Musicals > 90 Minutes  Nov 8 2016, 11:52:49 PM

Fixed thanks.

Any older shows.

• Plays/Musicals < 90 Minutes  Nov 8 2016, 03:09:17 PM

I am after any play or musical that lasts under 90 minutes?

• Is Stephen Sondheim Overhttp://www.broadwayworld.com/board/index.php?rated?  Nov 4 2016, 08:56:54 PM

PalJoey said: " 

I have to say I haven't really been trolled on this one...the British are the only ones who can seem to interpret his work now.

Now you're just trolling us, you bloody wanker. Go back to the London board.

That is a great place to start on a theatre debating forum, but then again with posts like that, we know you're not representing the intelligent side of America.

• Is Stephen Sondheim Overhttp://www.broadwayworld.com/board/index.php?rated?  Nov 3 2016, 01:50:56 PM

On the thread subject I deliberately put 'Is Stephen Sondheim Overrated?', I could've put instead 'Am I The Only One That Thinks Stephen Sondheim Is Overrated?' I wanted to leave the thread as open as possible to gauge people's reactions, thankfully most of the have been intelligent and thoughtful. I have to say I haven't really been trolled on this one.

Also I didn't use the thread title 'Am I the Only One Who Thinks Stephen Sondheim Is Ov

• What's next for the Bernard Jacobs?  Oct 31 2016, 01:24:23 PM

Bandstand I would have thought would be better in the Lyceum and that The Play That Goes Wrong would be ideal for the Cort.

• What Is Going Into The Vivean Beaumont After Oslo?  Oct 31 2016, 01:20:35 PM

Mildred Plotka said: "I highly doubt LCT would house a transfer from another theatre company. And this Charity is going for an intimate, feel. Something that would be lost in the Beaumont. 

"

The Lincoln Center transferred the Tony award winning War Horse from the same theatre (National). So it is better to keep this theatre dark for 8 months and many people not getting their pay checks, than to transfer a production that was ready

BROADWAYWORLD TV

HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Latest - Special Interview: It Takes Two- HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Producers Craig Zadan & Neil Meron
Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement
Backstage with Richard Ridge
JERSEY BOYS' Mark Ballas
Backstage Bite
Thanksgiving Special!
Turning the Tables
BWW TV LAST MINUTE with Randy Rainbow Congas to ON YOUR FEET!
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
Randy Rainbow Checks in w/ Liza to Chat HAIRSPRAY, Pence & More!
KID CRITICS
KID CRITICS at BLUE MAN!
BROADWAY SESSIONS
Open Mic'ers Bring It All to Broadway Sessions!

Advertisement