Profile for Phantom of London

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Phantom of London
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Phantom of London
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 26
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
A Little Night Music
Aspects of Love
Billy Elliot: The Musical
Cinderella
Evita
Hairspray
In the Heights
Into the Woods
Jesus Christ Superstar
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
La Cage aux Folles
Les Misérables
Love Story
Martin Guerre
Merrily We Roll Along
Miss Saigon
next to normal
Parade
Ragtime
Rent
Sister Act
South Pacific
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sunset Boulevard
The Producers
West Side Story
Whistle Down The Wind
Young Frankenstein

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • The Humans recoups! Possible off-Broadway transfer pending...  Sep 20 2016, 07:38:24 PM

Didn't in the recoupment press statement state that the move from the Helen Hayes to the Gerald Schonefeld  cost $600k, so a move to a off Broadway house will cost similar again and with smaller box office would take a lot longer to recoup this, if it does.

• GROUNDHOG DAY to Take the August Wilson, Spring 2017  Sep 14 2016, 01:14:08 PM

aaaaaa15 said: "To be fair, it was in a theatre with a capcity of 325 and had beloved Dr Who star Matt Smith at the helm and was a limited run. It was always gonna sell well.

Really, they have cut the capacity of the Old Vic by 70% then, have you ever been to London? Have you seen Groundhog Day? You certainly showing in this thread your vast knowledge of theatre.

Anycase shows that show American history in a poor light - fail, look at Parade and Scottsboro Boy

• Grizabella Replacements?  Sep 14 2016, 11:40:12 AM

Just put it out there, Grizabella isn't an age Pacific role, except Grizabella is an old alley cat, going to the heaven side layer, pretty much the story of Cats. So couldn't Betty Buckley reprise her role as Glenn Close has just done?

• Grizabella Replacements?  Sep 14 2016, 11:40:11 AM

Just put it out there, Grizabella isn't an age Pacific role, except Grizabella is an old alley cat, going to the heaven side layer, pretty much the story of Cats. So couldn't Betty Buckley reprise her role as Glenn Close has just done?

• Groundhog Day -- Spring 2017?  Sep 12 2016, 06:27:51 PM

neonlightsxo said: "aaaaaa15 I honestly think it's a matter of British vs American taste in musicals. They love spectacle, jukebox musicals and recognizable names. We like...actual substance.

Yes, just like Wicked.

"

• Who will take the August Wilson?  Sep 7 2016, 02:48:30 PM

Groundhog Day.

• The Encounter at The Golden  Aug 23 2016, 08:14:07 PM

Don't think this ever played London, it played Edinburgh festival.

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/21/16  Aug 22 2016, 08:26:04 PM

The producers of the Jersey Boys, must have a decision to make soon, it is also taking up a prime theatre. This show could easily transfer to off Broadway.

• Sunset to the Palace in January  Aug 5 2016, 06:20:10 AM

Tickets in London cost for a premium stalls ticket £155. However I snagged a good seat on the side for £75.

• Are You Ready For Your Close Up?  Aug 4 2016, 08:36:23 PM

Sunset is coming back to Broadway.

http://nypost.com/2016/08/04/glenn-close-is-close-to-coming-back-to-broadway-in-her-killer-role-as-norma-desmond/

• Worst ALW show (besides Love Never Dies)  Aug 4 2016, 08:14:36 PM

Alex Kulak said: "@jo

Not only is Aspects Of Love the worst show. It's the biggest missed opportunity. The idea (various permutations of romantic relationships over many years) is so profound, and he wastes it on 34 year old Michael Ball trying to bone his pubescent cousin. And this is set in like 1960s England. It's not cool, man.

You have seen a poor directed version of the show, because you clearly don't understand the story.

Alex doesn

• People Are Dressing Like Slobs: Elizabeth Vincentelli  Aug 3 2016, 04:32:03 PM

So now we are in a day and age where people don't care what they wear to the theatre, so is it fine for me to go in my Spiderman suit, that has the arse cut out?

• OSLO Confirmed for Spring 2017 Broadway Bow - Vivian Beaumont Theater  Jul 28 2016, 03:24:43 PM

I guess nothing is going in for this fall then? If so are they refurbing?

• Harry Potter and the Cursed Child to Broadway 2017?  Jul 26 2016, 03:22:52 PM

Ben Brantley on it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/26/theater/review-harry-potter-and-the-cursed-child-casts-a-spell-onstage.html?rref=collection%2Fs

• Parade Revival?  Jul 22 2016, 07:35:38 PM

Just as they don't replicate the bloated original and do the Donmar Warehouse version instead.

Anyway it is doomed to failure, as Americans don't like self analyst and criticism, which Parade does.

• Broadway Real Estate  Jul 22 2016, 05:45:19 AM

Sadly it looks like we may have 5 empty theatres this fall, with shows waiting to the spring to load their new show in.

Looks like we are going to have the:

Helen Hayes

Cort

Music Box

Beaumont

Barrymore

Nederlander

Any chance these might have a show this year?

• MOTOWN Will Conclude Broadway Run Early on July 31  Jul 22 2016, 05:33:17 AM

qolbinau said: "I hope that War Paint doesn't transfer before the spring, mainly because I'm not confident that this is the best time of year to open a show. They will miss the summer rush and could open in a slower period (e.g. September/October), then will have make it past the winter till when I can see it haha (in the Spring). That said, with this particular cast and opening at a time where there isn't much competition, maybe it will be fine.

Grief has Dear

• List of Shows in Southern California  Jul 21 2016, 06:38:53 AM

Hi-five Tripelite from London

Looking to come out to California in November.I couldn't find a decent website for theatre in the Los Angeles area, you do get the Los Angles Theatre website, which is replicated fo every city in America, but with a different city name, however this website is very very limited. I have put a link below, so everyone is on the same page as me.

https://www.los-angeles-theatre.com/

Would be very handy if someone did something similar for San

• Fiddler Closing  Jul 21 2016, 06:29:04 AM

HogansHero said: "carnzee said: "Why is this? I mean I can guess why it might be foolish to revive Fiddler, but I wondered if you could elaborate. Also I really appreciate your posts, Hogan."

I think that large scale revivals are, in general, the stuff of non-profits (which essentially means LCT by default). I don't think there is enough interest to sustain a long enough run to make the lines cross (meaning break even). In this particu

• Fiddler Closing  Jul 20 2016, 03:58:09 AM

I think this has had a decent run in a very big theatre, with no real names.

I don't suspect the producers envisaged it to run any longer.

This will always pull in musical aficinardos and a big vibrant Jewish population in New York.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Back to Falsettoland w/ OBC - Passing the Torch
Backstage Bite
TV Exclusive: BACKSTAGE BITE with ALADDIN's Rodney Ingram!
Turning the Tables
Binge on TURNING THE TABLES!
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
TV:-LuPone's Autobio - Lands EVITA!
KID CRITICS
TV: KID CRITICS Swept Away at PHANTOM
BROADWAY SESSIONS
BWW TV Exclusive: THE LION KING Cast Roars at Broadway Sessions