Profile for Phantom of London

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Phantom of London
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Phantom of London
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 26
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
A Little Night Music
Aspects of Love
Billy Elliot: The Musical
In the Heights
Into the Woods
Jesus Christ Superstar
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
La Cage aux Folles
Les Misérables
Love Story
Martin Guerre
Merrily We Roll Along
Miss Saigon
next to normal
Sister Act
South Pacific
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sunset Boulevard
The Producers
West Side Story
Whistle Down The Wind
Young Frankenstein

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Will THE BANDSTAND open on Broadway?  Oct 23 2016, 06:35:04 AM

The Play That went wrong got delay and was going to open in the 2016 season, however their writers who are also the stars who make up the Mischief Theatre Company, decided to develop and star in their new show a Comedy About A Bank Robbery, now this is off the ground and doing well they are now free to do Broadway.

The Play That Wrong got reviewed in London by Ben Brantley, who loved it - in the interval one of the cast gave him a brown envelope with 'BRIBE' strewn across

• Will THE BANDSTAND open on Broadway?  Oct 22 2016, 08:38:15 PM

Bandstand is going into the Jacobs, will not be the Cort as The Play That Goes Wrong is going in there.

• Record number of New Musicals 2016-17?  Oct 20 2016, 01:20:12 PM

I worry that A Bronx Tale will find the season early, don't think Bandstand will replace it though, as Papermill will get upset with their show being evicted and replaced by one of their own.

• Future of Diner the Musical  Oct 20 2016, 01:15:40 PM

Read Michael Riedel's column on Harry Potter coming to Broadway and all 3 theatre owners are fighting to get the show in their house and offering prime rail estate. He also says that for other shows, you take your number and wait in line, some never get called, as always being usurped by something better, thinking Minskys here and Prince of Broadway.

• Record number of New Musicals 2016-17?  Oct 20 2016, 03:40:48 AM

This season is not even half way through: Helen Hayes and Cort could've reopened by then. The Lyceum hasn't announced there next show.

Also a couple of shows opening this fall, are likely to tank.

Also don't forget the revival with:

• Hello Dolly
    • Miss Saigon
    • Sunset Boulevard
    • Cats
    • Holiday Inn
  • Riedel on The Great Comet off stage battle  Oct 19 2016, 03:40:20 PM

Do dear, looks like Riedel has been speaking with the show press agent.

• Miss Saigon helicopter question  Oct 19 2016, 03:32:50 PM

If they do the same as the London revival, it will be projections.

• Favorite play endings?  Oct 17 2016, 02:45:18 PM

Driving Miss Daisy.

• Star Availability  Oct 17 2016, 02:18:22 PM

Coming to New York in 3 weeks time, plan to see;

The Cherry Orchard

Dear Evan Hansen

Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comets of 1812

Something Rotten

The Front Page

The Color Purple

The Humans

A Bronx Tale

In Transit

Fiddler On The Roof

Holiday Inn

I am in New York from 11/07 - 11/20. 

I am anxious to see t

• Ken Davenport Joins ALW's Really Useful Group  Oct 17 2016, 01:59:50 PM

Webber was my entry level music, that got me hooked on musicals, I still hold some of his stuff in very high regard, however I admit he is a god awful producer.

• Decent ny accommodation  Oct 16 2016, 06:49:16 AM

Yes - I was going to mention those pesky resort fees, a stitch up.

Candlewood Tavern on 39th Street is great, about 10 minutes walk from Times Square, a citibike stand outside the hotel, this is more apartment than hotel, with free laundry in the basement, but cool kitchenette in your room.. I will be staying there in November.

• Thursday Matinee  Oct 15 2016, 09:04:42 PM

Thanks for the replys so far.

Cagney doesn't have a Thursday matinee.

Nothing on at the Papermill, but would have loved to of seen the Producers again.

Looks like it has to be Phantom again.

however still open to suggestions, doesn't have to be in New Yor, as long as I can get back to Manhattan for a evening show?

• Thursday Matinee  Oct 14 2016, 01:00:27 PM

Anywhere close to New York that does a Thursday matinee please?

• Rock of Ages Vegas Closing  Oct 13 2016, 02:33:21 PM

Was Rock of Ages playing the same theatre as Phantom was?

Jersey Boys having a clear out, with Broadway, West End and now Las Vegas production closing.

i expect Paramor to transfer at some stage and always thought Book of Mormon would do very well on the strip, also think that Wicked would do well there too. Conversely I wouldn't expect Hamilton to do good business there.

maybe Beautiful could make it there, in a smallish space.

• The Humans recoups! Possible off-Broadway transfer pending...  Sep 20 2016, 07:38:24 PM

Didn't in the recoupment press statement state that the move from the Helen Hayes to the Gerald Schonefeld  cost $600k, so a move to a off Broadway house will cost similar again and with smaller box office would take a lot longer to recoup this, if it does.

• GROUNDHOG DAY to Take the August Wilson, Spring 2017  Sep 14 2016, 01:14:08 PM

aaaaaa15 said: "To be fair, it was in a theatre with a capcity of 325 and had beloved Dr Who star Matt Smith at the helm and was a limited run. It was always gonna sell well.

Really, they have cut the capacity of the Old Vic by 70% then, have you ever been to London? Have you seen Groundhog Day? You certainly showing in this thread your vast knowledge of theatre.

Anycase shows that show American history in a poor light - fail, look at Parade and Scottsboro Boy

• Grizabella Replacements?  Sep 14 2016, 11:40:12 AM

Just put it out there, Grizabella isn't an age Pacific role, except Grizabella is an old alley cat, going to the heaven side layer, pretty much the story of Cats. So couldn't Betty Buckley reprise her role as Glenn Close has just done?

• Grizabella Replacements?  Sep 14 2016, 11:40:11 AM

Just put it out there, Grizabella isn't an age Pacific role, except Grizabella is an old alley cat, going to the heaven side layer, pretty much the story of Cats. So couldn't Betty Buckley reprise her role as Glenn Close has just done?

• Groundhog Day -- Spring 2017?  Sep 12 2016, 06:27:51 PM

neonlightsxo said: "aaaaaa15 I honestly think it's a matter of British vs American taste in musicals. They love spectacle, jukebox musicals and recognizable names. We like...actual substance.

Yes, just like Wicked.

• Who will take the August Wilson?  Sep 7 2016, 02:48:30 PM

Groundhog Day.

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Back to Falsettoland w/ OBC - Passing the Torch
Backstage Bite
TV Exclusive: BACKSTAGE BITE with AVENUE Q's Elizabeth Ann Berg
Turning the Tables
Randy Rainbow w/ FIDDLER Cast
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
2nd Annual ElphaBall Takes Over Tonight's BROADWAY SESSIONS