Advertisement

Profile for Phantom of London

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Phantom of London
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Phantom of London
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 26
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
A Little Night Music
Aspects of Love
Billy Elliot: The Musical
Cinderella
Evita
Hairspray
In the Heights
Into the Woods
Jesus Christ Superstar
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
La Cage aux Folles
Les Misérables
Love Story
Martin Guerre
Merrily We Roll Along
Miss Saigon
next to normal
Parade
Ragtime
Rent
Sister Act
South Pacific
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sunset Boulevard
The Producers
West Side Story
Whistle Down The Wind
Young Frankenstein

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Game Time! Can You Guess Paper Mill Playhouse's Upcoming Season?  Feb 13 2016, 08:47:07 PM

Surprised that The Bodyguard is coming to the Papermill, in London the original production and the upcoming production have/is played/playing a Nederlander theatre, so you would think the same for the US, even if it was in an out of town try out or mini tour of Nederlander houses, before gauging if this is good enough for New York.

• Game Time! Can You Guess Paper Mill Playhouse's Upcoming Season?  Feb 11 2016, 06:41:25 PM

Paper never make this easy, if they put top and tails that would be a give away, only a mere suggestion it could be Top Hat, could easily be the original suggestion 42nd Street.

• Game Time! Can You Guess Paper Mill Playhouse's Upcoming Season?  Feb 11 2016, 12:54:18 PM

The first one could be Top Hat, that was rumoured to transfer from London to Broadway, so if you cannot do it directly do it indirectly.

• Tour to Broadway  Jan 25 2016, 04:28:49 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "I remember when the 1st National Tour of MISS SAIGON went out around 1994 it actually was a more lavish production that it's Broadway incarnation (if that was even possible).  There was an article written somewhere where Cameron Macintosh was quoted (and criticized for) saying that the MISS SAIGON 1st National Tour was intentionally cast with "better" actors than the Broadway production (original cast now long gone) because

• Bette Midler will be raking in the $$  Jan 25 2016, 04:21:52 PM

The five hottest shows on Broadway right now:

Hamilton

Book of Mormon

The Lion King

Wicked

Aladdin

Which none of them are star driven, all are new musicals ans non are revivals, once the initial furry dies town after a month, get ready to queue at the TKT's line.

That's if she makes it 'til next year.

• Breaking News: CATS to Return to Broadway This Summer; Andy Blankenbuehler Joins Team  Jan 21 2016, 06:09:06 PM

Let's face it, this is all about tourist dollars.

Yes, like it did so well on tour in places such as Omaha and Austin.

For everyone else who is dissapointed, only 7 more revivals to go.

"

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/3/16  Jan 4 2016, 04:42:26 PM

The cold weather and reality with hit New York next week.

• HAMILTON's Digital Lottery--Just for the Winter  Jan 4 2016, 04:38:20 PM

Make it fairer now, everyone knew that if 400/500 were waiting outside the Richard Rodgers there would be 3/4 times that number of ballots submitted, where people put in multiple entries.

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/13/15  Dec 14 2015, 05:31:32 PM

You normally get a glut of January 3rd shows closing, this year you only have an handful, none of the bigger shows are announcing closures, so nothing set to come in the Spring except for the Neil Simon, the Lunt Fontanne maybe available.

• Billy Elliot Closing in London  Dec 12 2015, 09:27:27 PM

Quality always out trumps quantity.

Call_me_jorge said: "Jay Lerner-Z said: "It seems weird to me, too. The UK is even smaller than California.

Population of California - 38.8 million (2014)

• Billy Elliot Closing in London  Dec 12 2015, 01:12:34 PM

If you still want to see Billy Elliot it's touring the UK.

so when you are over Kathy, it's going to be in either Cardiff, Dublin or Edinburgh all worthy cities of a weekend trip.

http://tour.billyelliotthemusical.com/tour-dates/

• Why No Tony  Dec 12 2015, 01:06:22 AM

tester day was meant to be yesterday, but my ipad changed that.

Anyway wiki states that the theatre holds 5,600, but I am suggesting the use here for an awards ceremony not a Broadway show, at an awards ceremony it's acceptable to use video wall.

This venue has to be better than the Beacon theatre?

I was at Elf tester day morning, bonus Friday matinee, enough said.

With the Tony awards evicted from Radio City and moving to the Beacon Theater.

Geographica

• New York Times Top 10 Shows of 2015  Dec 9 2015, 01:21:41 AM

Great year for British plays 6/10 were in Ben's top 10 and not even School of Rock made the list.

• Lyric Opera's Carousel to replace King and I?  Dec 8 2015, 11:56:05 PM

How long does writers copyright last for? I heard once it was 75 years, if this is the case Rogers and Hammerstein Organisation will lose complete control of Oklahoma and Carousel soon?

• Prince of Broadway  Dec 8 2015, 12:35:43 AM

You cannot gauge a shows success or failure by geographic location alone, where the Lunt Fontanne is, must be the prime location on Broadway, yet the theatre hasn't originated a hit show since Sound of Music.

MarkBearSF said: "As for PRINCE OF BROADWAY, why do I think that the Shuberts were involved. If so, would it be going into a Nederlander house?

As for "flop houses" - I DO believe that the theaters off the beaten track (li

• SCHOOL OF ROCK Reviews  Dec 6 2015, 10:02:30 PM

Knowing Ben, he needless take his time, he generally hates anything Andrew Lloyd Webber, where is predecessor Frank Rich hated anything British.

• Broadway Bound  Dec 1 2015, 04:30:42 PM

Okay, the first sentence was reading a bit gibberish, I apologise.

I am in New York now and hope to see my first show in a couple of hours. Going to do the Hamilton lottery and if I fail who knows I see something.

I noticed that Wicked, School of Rock and View From a Bridge are doing additional shows on Friday matinee according to Playbill schedule, is this correct please? If so I am stoked.

will it be possible to get tickets for a Phantom or the shows above from TKT

• Broadway Bound  Dec 1 2015, 02:21:28 AM

Anyone sensible this time?

• Broadway Bound  Nov 30 2015, 05:09:12 PM

I am coming over tomorrow for tomorrow, I appreciate and need some help please.

Does anyone know if any leading actors are on vacation?

Any additional performances on, such as e.g. Friday matinee please?

Looking forward to coming over finally, it's been a long time, too long.

• Imelda Staunton - GYPSY  Nov 26 2015, 09:20:16 PM

BROADWAYWORLD TV