Profile for Phantom of London

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Phantom of London
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Phantom of London
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 26
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
A Little Night Music
Aspects of Love
Billy Elliot: The Musical
Cinderella
Evita
Hairspray
In the Heights
Into the Woods
Jesus Christ Superstar
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
La Cage aux Folles
Les Misérables
Love Story
Martin Guerre
Merrily We Roll Along
Miss Saigon
next to normal
Parade
Ragtime
Rent
Sister Act
South Pacific
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sunset Boulevard
The Producers
West Side Story
Whistle Down The Wind
Young Frankenstein

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • What does Scott Rudin bring to a show?  Jun 24 2017, 06:34:09 PM

Ex New York Times second stringer Theatre Critic.

• Jerry Springer — The Opera’ Comes TO NYC for a run  Jun 22 2017, 09:06:55 PM

10086sunset said: "This played Carnegie Hall, maybe 8-9 years ago for two nights with Harvey Keitel in the lead role.

I remember being extremely excited to see it. 

I also remember leaving at intermission. I still can't believe how awful it was.

Ithat limited engagement got a flat out rave in the NYT by Ben Brantley.

However I can understand why this leaves people cold."

• Theatre in Chicago  May 21 2017, 11:44:20 AM

Any good websites that cover theatre in the whole of Chicago, both main Chicago and off Chicago please?

• Next for the Walter Kerr?  May 5 2017, 06:53:49 PM

Could the National Theatre's Angels In America make a return after Ben Brantley's rave this morning in London?

• Is Dreamgirls worth seeing in London?  Apr 20 2017, 06:22:31 AM

Its fabulous, but if you live in New York, I would say no don't see it, as its Broadway bound with Amber, same as Harry Potter.

i would say go and see Half A Sixpence and 42nd Street instead.

• CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews  Apr 7 2017, 03:58:49 PM

The Lunt hasn't originated a musical that has been a hit since the Sound of Music, the latest show doesn't look like it's going to be any different.

• Riedel on the current season  Apr 5 2017, 08:22:55 PM

He hasn't said Jack on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

• Jesse Green - new NYT critic  Mar 23 2017, 08:15:06 PM

Wayman_Wong said: "''The NYT can only hire from the experienced talent pool that is available.''

No, the Times can hire whomever they want. When Ben Brantley was hired as a drama critic, he had been a freelancer. He didn't spend any time as a junior-level reviewer at smaller publications.

Before the Times hired Margo Jefferson, who happens to be a black woman, as a drama critic, she had spent much of her career in academia, not as a dram

• New York Public Library for the Performing Arts  Mar 19 2017, 04:46:53 PM

I have been doing the same degree for the last 10 years!!!

I asked to view the Producers once and apparently you need special permission from Susan Stroman for this one.

• New York Public Library for the Performing Arts  Mar 19 2017, 04:46:52 PM

I have been doing the same degree for the last 10 years!!!

I asked to view the Producers once and apparently you need special permission from Susan Stroman for this one.

• GROUNDHOG DAY Previews  Mar 18 2017, 03:27:48 PM

Ben raved about it, especially Andy Karl - A lot more than I did.

• 2017 Pulitzer: your predictions  Mar 7 2017, 05:16:56 PM

Odd in the past, when for consequitive years 'no award' was given.

• MICHAEL REIDEL'S GONNA LOVE THIS  Mar 4 2017, 08:06:20 PM

You chose a very poor example to make your point, this in turn devalues the worth of your opinion, especially when you have just joined the board.

Other than that you could be a disgruntled Ragtime investor.

• Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances  Feb 26 2017, 04:42:02 PM

willep said: "I believe March 1st is the official opening night.

"

Thanks

Its having a long preview.

• Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances  Feb 26 2017, 12:35:46 PM

When is the press night?

• Isherwood Firing  Feb 25 2017, 01:24:32 PM

"This also could make it hard for Brantley reviewing a Rudin show negatively from now on."

That doesn't make sense even if we wrongly assume that Ben would be influenced by it in the slightest. 

"

I am not saying it will affect Brantley's review, he will claim that nothing will get in the way of his review, which I agree with, Rudin might use a possible negative review as cannon fodder.

The person who come

• Isherwood Firing  Feb 25 2017, 01:09:28 PM

It's all subjective anyway, we don't know the exact ballet that got Isherwood fired, I am sure it will come out in the wash or courthouse.

This thread hasn't seen much traffic and people aren't posting their opinions, so everyone has the same general consensus, what has been leaked out if true, that Isherwood's position was untenerable and if the New York Times didn't take action, it could have fatally damaged their reputation, if what happened came out a d

• Isherwood Firing  Feb 22 2017, 07:56:49 PM

If this was in the financial industry, this would be akin to inside trading, then to gloat on your employers corporate email and to boot call your superior and boss a wanker, New York Times had no choice what's so ever.

This also could make it hard for Brantley reviewing a Rudin show negatively from now on.

• Theater turnover  Feb 17 2017, 06:52:24 PM

Why do theatres on Broadway stay dark for so long?

in London, a show moves in swiftly once a show is dark, they pull something in from tour or the fringe, theatre is never dark here.

Look at Lincoln Centre, that was dark nearly a year until Oslo comes in for a limited run.

• Riedel on the response to his column from  Feb 15 2017, 03:26:29 PM

GhostXmasPast said: "10086sunset said: "http://nypost.com/2017/02/14/a-new-plays-cast-has-some-harsh-words-for-michael-riedel/

"

Last week I heard things were really heating up at the Lyceum - this show could really catch fire!

Seriously - often plays are a "second or third show" for out-of-towners -