Profile for Phantom of London

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Phantom of London
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Phantom of London
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 26
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
A Little Night Music
Aspects of Love
Billy Elliot: The Musical
In the Heights
Into the Woods
Jesus Christ Superstar
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
La Cage aux Folles
Les Misérables
Love Story
Martin Guerre
Merrily We Roll Along
Miss Saigon
next to normal
Sister Act
South Pacific
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sunset Boulevard
The Producers
West Side Story
Whistle Down The Wind
Young Frankenstein

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Imelda Staunton - GYPSY  Nov 26 2015, 09:20:16 PM

• National Theater of New York  Nov 26 2015, 09:15:02 PM

I don't want to come across as a brash Brit telling you guys what to do, there is only one way to suck eggs? Right!

When Skylight and A Curious Incident won the Tony last season there was talk of New York getting a subsidised National Theatre. It's possible that British subsidised theatre could pull off the same feat again with A View From The Bridge and King Charles III, not saying it will, but if it does win the Tony the argument will intensify.

i have been to the N

• Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!  Nov 23 2015, 01:43:54 PM

I didn't see a theatre mentioned? Nor one of the 3 major theatre groups mentioned?

I was say this is one for the Brooks Atkinson?

• New Miss Saigon Details  Nov 19 2015, 05:51:39 PM

They've scaled it down.

• New Miss Saigon Details  Nov 19 2015, 04:09:19 PM

It will be going into the Broadway, as it's a limited engagement Cameron wants as big theatre possible. If Fiddler does last until January 2017 it has done extremely well, given it's in a massive theatre, with no box office stars and there has been a Broadway revival in the last decade.

• MISERY Reviews  Nov 16 2015, 12:21:11 PM

Cannot see Bruce Willis threatening Mark Strong for the Tony!

• Rumoured productions 2015/16  Oct 21 2015, 04:21:09 PM

• Neil Simon/Brooks Atkinson - Are they cursed?  Oct 21 2015, 03:50:12 PM

The Grinch was a hit in the Lyric, so has had 1 hit and sure Ragtime would of been a hit, if they didn't share the same accountant as Enron!!!

The Gershwin really struggled until Wicked came along the rest is history.

The present show aside, as it doesn't count as the theatre didn't originate the show, also this theatre has one of the best footfall on Broadway and has never hosted a hit show, the Minskoff is definitely cursed.

Also the Lunt Fontanne has never ori

• Do Broadway directors have to be at every show?  Oct 16 2015, 08:26:32 PM

Obviously for reasons already pointed out directors cannot be at every single performance.

But someone like Harold Prince, treats the various productions of Phantom of the Opera as his daughters, he frequently pops in and give his show a once over all round the world. Just as well the man has made a fair living from it.

Same as Stephen Daldry he's especially keen to se his work done correct.

• Hamilton - How Many Tonys Will It Bag  Oct 15 2015, 07:19:54 PM

As Kad said that Tony time is very much out of sight, out of mind, which I agree with, however Spring Awakening could still win best revival,, but then if it's closed it probably won't, if this is the case Spring Awakening and Deaf West definitely deserve a honorary special Tony.

Kad said: "Re: Arden

Spring Awakening will be long closed by Tony time. The Tonys are very much an out of sight, out of mind awards body.

• Hamilton - How Many Tonys Will It Bag  Oct 15 2015, 03:21:32 PM

There is no doubt that next years Tony for best musical will be a one horse race and I don't need to tell you what show that is.

But how many Tonys do you think it will bag in the end? Is it possible for this to beat The Producers record haul of 12 a few years back? Or is not possible?

• Hamilton Cancellation Line  Oct 14 2015, 08:53:29 PM

Would it be that the calculation line is at the Richard Rodgers and not the Public please?

• What about Sylvia?  Oct 14 2015, 11:26:37 AM

Officially: Hamilton hasn't recouped.

Uuofficially: With $40m in the bank so far, it has. I don't think the producers have sweaty palms.

• LOVE NEVER DIES will tour the US in 2017  Sep 28 2015, 07:41:06 AM

He will sing for you.

• Amazing Grace reviews  Jul 17 2015, 09:04:43 PM

Could this be the next Scandalous? Where you had a lot of will from upstairs to keep it open and money from gullible brain washed people, who put money in a collection dish.

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/12/15  Jul 13 2015, 04:05:21 PM
    I am sure both shows Kinky Boots and the King and I are out by 4 seats, which should be reflected in the final gross. I would hazard a guess that Michelle + Mum + 2 daughters wouldn't pay for their tickets.

"^'s in a bigger house. Of course it's grossing more. There's more potential.

Phantom, wrong how? "

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/12/15  Jul 13 2015, 03:35:15 PM
    The grosses are wrong for Kinky Boots and The King and I.
  • Any Show Done The Hatrick  Jul 1 2015, 08:39:56 PM

By which I mean played a Shubert House, a Nederlander House and a Jujamcyn House?

Doesn't have to be in that order.

• Funny Girl - Broadway  Jun 23 2015, 07:34:34 PM
    The Menier Chocolate Factory production of Funny Girl with Sheridan Smith is aimed at both the West End and Broadway, she wouldn't do it otherwise.

When Ben Brantley saw Sheridan in Legally Blonde in the West End a musical he hates, he basically wrote a love letter to Sheridan.

'But she has fabulous comic timing and an air of sincerity that makes you care. You root for her in the way you might root for Lucille Ball or Mary Tyler Moore in a sitcom. And she seems to be having suc
  • Funny Girl - Broadway  Jun 22 2015, 02:44:10 PM

Try this.

Advertisement Advertisement