BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for musicaltheatreman2
Edit Your Profile |

Member Name: musicaltheatreman2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Jul 29 2015, 10:57:04 AM

What if Audra is play Addapearl (sp) ?  After all that character is also a good witch 

• The Wild Party Opens This Week  Jul 16 2015, 02:35:02 PM

"Changing so much of the material when there's only a 6 day rehearsal period (and therefore very little time to see what works and what doesn't, and no time to change it if it doesn't) seems a little misjudged.

I was really looking forward to seeing how Sutton tackled Out of the Blue. It really is a shame that the changes weren't more minor!"

Watch this video and Lippa talks about what inspired him to cut songs and so many changes. Thank a lot Stephen S

• Songs With a big belt at the end  Jul 16 2015, 09:48:23 AM

Meadowlark from the Bakers Wife, As If We Never Said Goodbye from Sunset Blvd, Easy as Life from Aida and Fabulous Baby from Sister Act. I think would either one of those songs would be perfect for you and would really show off your voice and are not over performed in schools. Good Luck! 

• Songs With a big belt at the end  Jul 16 2015, 09:42:49 AM

Meadowlark - the bakers wife

easy as life - aida

fabulous baby - sister act 

back to before - ragtime 

always true to you - kiss me kate

serenity - triumph of love

if i can not love - triumph of love 

i am changing - dreamgirls 

as if we never said goodbye - sunset blvd

with one look - sunset blvd 

a new life - jekyll and hyde

home - the wiz

• The Wild Party Opens This Week  Jul 16 2015, 12:08:01 AM

AMEN!!!! and the new tempo in Raise the Roof sucks!!!

• The Wild Party Opens This Week  Jul 16 2015, 12:01:00 AM

All of these reviews sound really disappointing

I am going on Friday so I will see for myself. I had high hopes for this.

I hate when composers think they are making a show better by making major changes on shows that have a loyal fan base! 

In regards to this statement:" Are these clips indicative of how Brandon Victor Dixon sings the whole score? That is a LOT of 'riffing'....hopefully it jus

• Jose Llana The king and I  Jul 15 2015, 07:24:03 PM

"Has anyone else who's played this role (on Broadway at least) not shaved their head for it?"

Lou Diamond Phillips in the 1996 revival

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O17XJ7-Nh4A

• The Wild Party Opens This Week  Jul 15 2015, 07:01:24 PM

I just watched the clip posted it looks good! 

I have never been a fan when composers go back in and change lyrics to songs in show's so I am a little nervous that they changed a lot of lyrics and it looks like the changed the speed of "raise the roof"  and slowed it down  

I hope Sutton brings vocal fireworks!!! she has a lot to live up to since we are all so used to hearing Julia Murney's amazing vo

• Difference between Opera and Musical Theater  Jul 15 2015, 06:35:20 PM

"There are so few opera performances per week (and throughout the run) because the music and technique are so demanding, you would need multiple casts to perform 8 shows a week (as most recently scene by the Baz Luhrmann production of La Boheme on Broadway in which all three sets of principals received special Tony awards)"

Audra McDonald spoke on this while doing Porgy and Bess when she got sick and took time off and had to cut back to doing 6 performances instea

• Difference between Opera and Musical Theater  Jul 15 2015, 03:20:41 PM

I dont know if they are still call it this, but in the 80's and 90's during the British invasion on Broadway musicals such as Evita, Jesus Christ Super star, Joseph, Cats and even Le Miz and Miss Saigon just to name a few  were called "Rock Opera's" because they are fully sung through and were produced on a large grand scale like many operas. 

• Brandy's sings Home for audtion for the Wiz  Jul 14 2015, 11:15:08 AM

I guess she really wants to be in the Wiz LOL she sings home on the subway LOL 

http://www.lovebscott.com/news/from-broadway-to-the-subway-brandy-sings-her-heart-out-on-the-train-gets-ignored-by-everyone-video

• Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated  Jul 9 2015, 06:21:03 PM

Daniel Radcliffe - H2S, Equus, The Cripple of Inshmaan 

• Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated  Jul 8 2015, 04:52:17 PM
  • Successful Broadway actors who still haven't had a  Jul 8 2015, 04:48:48 PM

Rebecca Luker she has always played the ingenue in major revivals of classic musicals (Show boat, The Music Man, The Sound of Music) but never really had a major break out role yet. And now that she is older I hope it happens for her! 

Side note: 

I always consider Kelli O'Hara todays Rebecca Luker seeing how Kellie is go to girl for ingenue role for major revivals of classic musicals. Slowly Laura Osnes is taking over as the new go to girl for ingenu

• David Shiner/Seussical?  Jul 3 2015, 10:25:22 PM
  • Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated  Jul 3 2015, 09:44:30 PM

Sherrie Renne Scott - Aida

Amy Spanger - Kiss me Kate

Ruthie Henshall - Putting it Together 

Rachel York - Victor Victoria 

Randy Graff - Le Miz  

Kristin Chenewith - The Apple Tree 

• So What Musicals Should Jake Gyllenhaal Do?  Jul 3 2015, 01:25:10 PM

Leo Bloom in The Producers

J. Pierrepont Finch in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying 

• So What Musicals Should Jake Gyllenhaal Do?  Jul 3 2015, 11:23:33 AM

Charlie Brown in Your a good man Charlie Brown 

• Pinnochio is the next Disney musical!  Jul 2 2015, 11:42:27 PM

Wasn't Julie Taymor originally set to direct this several years ago when it was first announced Disney was turning this into a musical?  I think she would create some really cool visual for the show seeing how she is know for using puppets and mask . 

• The Color Purple Announcement Today  Jun 30 2015, 05:32:52 PM

Lets hope so! Jennifer sounded good singing the song, but she over sings way to much! all those extra riffs and runs are just to much for that song! 

BROADWAYWORLD TV