BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for E.Davis
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: E.Davis
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 10 - 12
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s): Christine Baranski
Laura Benanti
Carolee Carmello
Kristin Chenoweth
Bob Fosse
Sutton Foster
David Hyde-Pierce
Leslie Kritzer
Nathan Lane
Patti LuPone

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • FUN HOME Reviews  Apr 19 2015, 11:02:45 PM

And the always excellent Ms. Kuhn, whose Helen is shaped by a resentment she can barely afford to express, gives full life to a lacerating 11 o’clock ballad of repressed emotions set free.

One of the best moments in a show of extreme highs.

• Bombshell Pre-Sale  Apr 13 2015, 11:16:17 AM

I hate to be that guy, but can anyone send me the code or is it personalized?

• Easter Bonnet Collection Period  Apr 13 2015, 02:52:08 AM

"A friend saw ON THE 20TH CENTURY today and they unfortunately still don't have any signed items.  He was particularly disappointed considering only 2 people came out the stage door and he had to leave after Kristin Chenoweth hadn't come out after over an hour and a half.
    Anything at GIGI?"

The fact that he waited 90 mins for her to come out says a little something about him. You know they aren't obligated to come out the stage doo

• Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!  Apr 9 2015, 05:07:03 PM

If Edmond reunited with him for this....Perfection.

• Fun Home Previews  Apr 5 2015, 01:00:57 AM

It really isn't intense at all. Its more scary for the little girl seeing a body for the first time, I was practically right there doing the surgery with him and it isn't graphic at all.

I had heard murmurs of someone throwing up during the show when I was waiting for my friend afterwards.

• Fun Home Previews  Apr 4 2015, 11:27:58 PM

I saw the show tonight through the lottery and the seat was Row A 107. At first you are a little intimidated because you as so close to the play and feel as if you are onstage in the house with them. I would not have changed or had it any other way.

Very strong performances. Judy Kuhn's number.....heartbreaking, that last lyric, talk about a power punch to the heart. Everyone was fantastic, the last three numbers were just a beautiful sequence in general.

The staging is

• Gigi and Something Rotten seating/tickets  Mar 30 2015, 03:23:49 AM
    I rushed Gigi on Thursday and was in Row X of the Center Orchestra. When I got the seat number and saw where it was I dread the entire event that I wasn't going to be able to see. Must to my surprise the seats were perfect and you could see everything, even the top of the Giant Staircase (The grown Jewel of this set).
  • The Audience previews  Mar 29 2015, 12:01:47 AM
    I saw this tonight and I have to add my praises to it. The wonderful transformations that she made throughout the piece were astounding, and it is something for any young actor to see. I also hope that Richard McCabe is remembered come awards season. His work and chemistry with Mirren is a electrifying.

And yes, the end of act one was just a pure treat for the eyes.
  • Gigi Previews  Mar 28 2015, 11:48:37 PM
    The staging of "The Letter" into the beautiful transition to "Say a Prayer" is worth the entire evening. As someone else said Natasha Katz design is one of the most cohesive ones I've seen. The backlighting in the latter song framed Clark's heart felt rendition beautifully.
  • FINDING NEVERLAND Previews  Mar 16 2015, 02:47:03 AM
    Im kinda surprised Mary Barrie does not have a "Being Mrs. Banks" type number.
  • FINDING NEVERLAND Previews  Mar 15 2015, 11:42:15 PM
    Never mind.

• Hand to God Offering $20.15 Tickets to First Perfs  Mar 11 2015, 09:28:22 AM
    So I bought my tickets on the 9th and I got a confirmation email, but I haven't been charged for them yet. Does that sound weird to anyone?
  • Parade Concert at Lincoln Center  Feb 17 2015, 02:30:54 AM
    Charlie Franklin sang Old Red Hills of Home and played Frankie also.

That wasn't Hal Prince, it was Alfred Uhry.
  • THE KING & I Commercial  Feb 16 2015, 03:54:29 PM
    The moment when he pulls her in is pure sex, its written all over Kelli's face.
  • 2015 Grammy Nominees for Best Musical Theater Album Nominees  Feb 8 2015, 06:52:53 PM
    So does that mean that Idina Menzel has two Grammys now since she was a principle soloist on both wins?
  • Emma Watson to star in Condon's  Jan 30 2015, 11:51:24 PM
    Craig Horner was on one of my favorite summer shows a couple of years ago called "Legend of the Seeker". It lasted two seasons. Its very good if you want a fun fantasy series to watch.
  • Emma Watson to star in Condon's  Jan 27 2015, 12:17:25 PM
    Gosh you people need to take a step back for a second. The only name that has been announced has been Emma Watson in the title role. We have no idea who else they are even considering and people are freaking out the fact that broadway people aren't being considered. This gets brought up every time a feature length adaptation happens and people still do not seem to understand, so let me spell it out. Movies do not get made, especially niche films (musical, fantasy) without big names attached to t
  • Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Dec 28 2014, 05:19:57 PM
    Since I don't think anyone has said anything about it yet, I loved how the visually presented Cinderella at the Grave. I could listen to Joanna Riding all day long.
  • Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Dec 26 2014, 04:29:04 PM
    The only one that was filmed was "She'll be back".
  • Susan Stroman  Dec 24 2014, 08:52:16 PM
    There will be live from The Met screenings.