Profile for uncageg

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld uncageg
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: uncageg
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Profile: Live in NJ

Favorite Show(s): Altar Boyz
August: Osage County
Bent
Bombastes Furioso
Caroline, or Change
Curtains
Doubt
Into the Woods
Purlie
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The History Boys
The Homecoming
The Pillowman
The Wiz

Favorite Performer(s): Samuel Barnett
Michael Cerveris
Joanna Gleason
Gideon Glick
Celia Keenan-Bolger
Frances de la Tour
Audra McDonald
Dennis O'Hare

Currently Listening To: What's Inside (Waitress)

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Idina Menzel announces engagement  Sep 25 2016, 01:00:52 PM

They moved in together before the engagement is what I meant.

• Idina Menzel announces engagement  Sep 25 2016, 12:50:36 AM

They have been together for a while and think moved in together.

• Vocal Dubbing in the Film Version of INTO THE WOODS  Sep 23 2016, 02:02:55 AM

Gotta admit...listened to last midnight several times and on the word "yours", it sounds like Peters. I am a stickler for sound. I have a pretty good ear.  There is a change in Meryl's voice on that one word. I went back and listened though but there is a clear difference in her voice on the word yours. May be the mixing and she happened to hit the note like Peters but it sounds like Peter's voice. I just don't know why they would do it unless it was an insider

• good musicals that never made it to Broadway?  Sep 22 2016, 12:09:55 PM

Witches of Eastwick and more recently, Heathers. Hopefully Rebecca will make it. Never saw Dog Fight but loved the score and could kick myself for not seeing it.

• $20 tickets for off-Broadway shows  Sep 20 2016, 07:33:50 PM

I went to the first preview of VERSO last night and really enjoyed it. Can't really say much without ruining things but I will say I love how he incorporates his life and life in general into the magic segments. And he is quite funny. Really cool set. A kind of low key show but I found myself hanging on his every word and you have to watch him closely as things just "happen". It was 2 hours including I intermission and they have some really nice merch.

• The Humans recoups! Possible off-Broadway transfer pending...  Sep 19 2016, 05:25:11 PM

Avenue Q also started off-Broadway and although it wasn't a transfer, rent started off-Broadway and was revived off-Broadway.

• The Humans recoups! Possible off-Broadway transfer pending...  Sep 19 2016, 01:13:54 PM

I don't see the comparison of NWS to a dungeon. The Pels is underground and is nowhere near as spacious a facility than New World. I think NWS has a cool industrial feel to it. I think the bottom lime is if people want to see the show, they will go to NWS. Evidently people have no problem  going to see Q and The Bubble show. They have been there a long time.

• The Humans recoups! Possible off-Broadway transfer pending...  Sep 19 2016, 10:52:24 AM

It could work at NWS in their largest theater.

• War paint cast change?  Sep 15 2016, 03:44:11 AM

Was it Donna Murphy who just suffered a big family loss and said she would not be returning to the stage for a while? 

• Anyone else having issues with the app crashing?  Sep 11 2016, 12:51:54 AM

It has been crashing on my tablet for a week or so. Frustrating. Still is.

• Tonya Pinkins-Helmed BROADWAY SUPPORTS BLACK LIVES MATTER Concert Cancelled at Feinstein's/54 Below  Sep 9 2016, 09:50:31 PM

I was waiting...

• Tonya Pinkins-Helmed BROADWAY SUPPORTS BLACK LIVES MATTER Concert Cancelled at Feinstein's/54 Below  Sep 9 2016, 08:41:20 PM

Jorge, I get what you are saying but this is a benefit concert where ticket proceeds go towards a cause. There may be people who have purchased tickets who don't agree with this addition they have made. And it looks like it was done after the venue was booked.  I am sure at if the show went ahead as planned and people who bought tickets but don't agree with this addition to the cause found out, let's say during a speech at the show, there would be complaints to the

• Tonya Pinkins-Helmed BROADWAY SUPPORTS BLACK LIVES MATTER Concert Cancelled at Feinstein's/54 Below  Sep 9 2016, 01:15:25 PM

I was unaware that BLM's platform included this. I have to side with 54 Below on this. BLM should stay focused on Black lives here in the states. That is what started this movement. Just my opinion.

• Anyone seen Paramour post changes?  Sep 9 2016, 09:31:04 AM

In the pamphlet there is a note from the Director. In it he says "...Written with the greatest respect for the traditions of Broadway, by way of Busby Berkeley."

They are trying to mix traditional Broadway with Cirque and Cirque is not traditional circus. I forgot to mention above that they have also included a silent comic character like the clowns in their tent shows.

• Anyone seen Paramour post changes?  Sep 9 2016, 01:05:02 AM

I saw it this afternoon. They do Thursday matinees. It was my first time but I went with someone who has see it a few times prior to the changes. What she noticed was a bit of a major revamping. Major book changes to bring the story more into focus. Changes in lyrics also. Different choreography. She said that she knew they were supposed to shorten the rooftop scene. I forgot to ask if it was shortened. (It went on a bit too long for me and dragged. The final "jump" was not visually

• Farewell Jersey Boys!!!  Sep 7 2016, 12:47:41 AM

rosscoe(au) said: "Never had a single desire to see the show, but congrats to the cast and crew on such a fantastic run "

I share your sentiments.

I was at the Tony awards when they won. Their performance was exceptional but I still had no desire to see the show. I grew up in Philly. I know their story. And their music. I grew up on it. So I was not going to pay to see it. Just my.opinion. This is a theater I have not seen a  show

• Wells Fargo apologizes  Sep 5 2016, 11:12:03 PM

My feeling is that the ad got out there, no apology can take it back.

• Rare treat: suggestions for show?  Sep 4 2016, 03:44:46 PM

miatamel said: "Thank you all SO SO much for the suggestions and opinions!

School of Rock would have definitely been high on the list but they aren't playing the night we could go (9/22).

My 12 year old has been dancing since she was 3 and is the creative/artistic one.  My 15 year old is the intellect/reader with two left feet so it's hard to find one they would both like since they are polar opposites.  That would be why I'm ruling Cats ou

• Wells Fargo Ad Disparages Actors/Dancers  Sep 3 2016, 03:01:53 PM

They have a facebook page and you can message them. I just went to it.

• Rare treat: suggestions for show?  Sep 2 2016, 09:01:52 PM

I would suggest Matilda, since it will be closing at the end of the year or Phantom of the Opera. Phantom will be around for a long time but well worth seeing.

The Color Purple is incredible but if this is a rare treat I would go for something lighter than The Color Purple. Hamilton is serious enough but it is also the hottest ticket in town.

Or, go for Chicago if they Iove the music. It is not a spectacle but they may love getting to experience the music the

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Back to Falsettoland w/ OBC - Passing the Torch
Backstage Bite
TV Exclusive: BACKSTAGE BITE with ALADDIN's Rodney Ingram!
Turning the Tables
Binge on TURNING THE TABLES!
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
TV:-LuPone's Autobio - Lands EVITA!
KID CRITICS
TV: KID CRITICS Swept Away at PHANTOM
BROADWAY SESSIONS
BROADWAY SESSIONS Goes 'Back to School' Tonight