Profile for uncageg

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld uncageg
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: uncageg
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Profile: Live in NJ

Favorite Show(s): Altar Boyz
August: Osage County
Bent
Bombastes Furioso
Caroline, or Change
Curtains
Doubt
Into the Woods
Purlie
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The History Boys
The Homecoming
The Pillowman
The Wiz

Favorite Performer(s): Samuel Barnett
Michael Cerveris
Joanna Gleason
Gideon Glick
Celia Keenan-Bolger
Frances de la Tour
Audra McDonald
Dennis O'Hare

Currently Listening To: What's Inside (Waitress)

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Paramour Cast Recording  Aug 28 2016, 12:49:18 PM

I sampled a few songs but decided to wait until after I see it in a few weeks to listen to all of it.

• Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street  Aug 25 2016, 10:53:18 AM

My favorite show but I am on the fence. I would like to see this in an actual shop as opposed to in a theater that I suspect will be turned into a pie shop. It will be interesting to hear, possibly see, what Barrow Street does with the space.

• The Woodsman on PBS  Aug 24 2016, 08:54:15 PM

Wonderful show. Interested in seeing how it transfers to the screen.

• Moving to NY to work with LGBTQ non profit - need advise on housing  Aug 24 2016, 08:51:29 PM

I live outside of the city and my commute is not bad. I can b to work in less than 90 minutes. I have gotten there faster than some of my co-workers who live in the outer boroughs. I really wanted to live in Manhattan but I must say that since I spend so much time in the city it is nice to cross the river to a quieter and less congested area.

• Moving to NY to work with LGBTQ non profit - need advise on housing  Aug 24 2016, 01:29:08 PM

Think about Jersey City. A lot of people are moving there. Prices are rising but you can find places much cheaper than in NYC. I did.

• Greatest Cast Recording(s) Ever?  Aug 22 2016, 09:25:16 PM

Purlie

Annie

Sweeney Todd

RENT

Caroline or Change

Company (obcr)

Company (revival)

A Chorus Line (obcr)

• 1980's Stage Door - Bernadette Peters/Mandy Patinkin SITPWG  Aug 22 2016, 01:37:37 AM

It was a time when you were thrilled just to see them come out of the stage door and be able to thank them or tell them "good job". Not expecting a picture or autograph. And ifç you got one or both you were thrilled and cherished  it. You  didn't expect it or feel you were "owed" it because you bought a ticket. When just the sight of them offstage and having the playbill, even unsigned, was enough. JMO

• Fyvush Finkel Has Passed Away  Aug 14 2016, 08:25:34 PM

Picket Fences, one of the best shows on tv, introduced me to him and have been a fan ever since. 

• Past Dating A Ticket You Never Picked Up  Aug 14 2016, 03:51:11 PM

Asked 2 friends that work box office. Bwayphreak is correct. When you get back just go to the box office. They will know you didn't pick them up and you can past date TDF tickets. You just go in or call on the day you want to see the show. If seats are available they will switch them out. Past dating is done day of performance.

• Paramour cancels 4 performances  Aug 12 2016, 09:05:29 PM

Well, I was partially right.

• Paramour cancels 4 performances  Aug 12 2016, 11:20:19 AM

Also, Vegas is different.  These shows are sit down shows. For people who go a lot they know that, most likely, if they didn't see a certain Cirque show it will still be there when they return. I wanted to see "O" but ended up seeing "KA" back in 2008 because there was some corporate night going on at "O". As much as I wanted to see it, I was fine with that because I knew "O" wasn't going anywhere anytime soon and I planned to return t

• Paramour cancels 4 performances  Aug 12 2016, 01:22:25 AM

Islander, I think what sunset means is that they are bringing 2 more of their shows into the city that could possibly take attendance away from Paramour. I am to see Paramour next month. The ticket was a gift. However, If I was spending my own money, I would probably see Kurios. It is a "traditional" Cirque show in a tent and that is what they are known for. Then, if able to, I would see Paramour. I know people who want to see Paramour but after the announcement that  Toruk is

• Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!  Aug 11 2016, 09:26:15 PM

As much as I want to hear her outside of the Color Purple, which I love and plan to see again, I will totally skip this. Not a fan of this score. Even with these two amazing talents I still won't like it. 

• Most anticipated production for the 2016-2017 season?  Aug 10 2016, 09:26:18 AM

Falsettos

The Encounter

• Did anyone see American Idiot/ Spring Awakeing?  Aug 6 2016, 08:53:46 PM

Saw Spring Awakening at The Atlantic before it transferred to Broadway. Met Steven Sater in the lobby at intermission. He just turned to me and asked If I was enjoying the show. Of course I was loving it. We were in the first row and that is a very intimate space. He then told me they were getting some great news that night and he was very excited. The whole creative team was there and I got to chat with Duncan Sheik. It was a pretty electric night at the theatre.  Saw it

• Off-B.Way Advice  Aug 2 2016, 05:15:07 PM

I have 2 friends that have seen Cagney and they both loved it. Enjoy!

• People Are Dressing Like Slobs: Elizabeth Vincentelli  Aug 2 2016, 01:01:57 PM

kdogg36 said: "uncageg said: "Entitlement has some to do with it."

Well, yes. Broadway theaters have no rules against wearing jeans or shorts or tee shirts, so I'm entitled to wear them. If they had such rules, I wouldn't be. They do have rules against being loud or using a phone during a performance, so I'm most definitely not entitled to do those things."

:)

• People Are Dressing Like Slobs: Elizabeth Vincentelli  Aug 2 2016, 11:31:30 AM

I think the bottom line is that times have changed. Entitlement has some to do with it. People feel that they should be able to dress the way they want to and shouldn't be told what to do. 

As a kid and young adult I always dressed for the theatre and the opera. That is what you did. In school we were taken to 3 operas. I saw FAUST and CARMEN at the Academy of Music and our Senior Class went to NYC to see "The Magic Flute" at the Met. Every male wore a tie. We a

• 2016 equivalent of Gwen Verdon  Jul 29 2016, 03:49:41 AM

When I think Gwen I also think of Chita. Neither can be duplicated or replaced. If I had to pick anyone who comes close to them at this point in time, for me, 3 names come to mind. Sutton Foster, Charlotte d'Amboise and Karen Olivo. JMO

• Broadway stars at DNC  Jul 28 2016, 11:24:01 AM

I thought they did a fine job. I think it is fine that Seth's daughter was there as well as others people didn't expect. This is a political convention not a paid concert performance. They were there to support a candidate.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Cast of FUN HOME's Broadway Memories
Backstage Bite
SCHOOL OF ROCK's Will Blum!
Turning the Tables
Binge on TURNING THE TABLES!
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
TV:-LuPone's Autobio - Lands EVITA!
KID CRITICS
Say Yeah to KINKY BOOTS!
BROADWAY SESSIONS