BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for uncageg
Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld uncageg
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: uncageg
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Profile: Live in Denver, CO.

Favorite Show(s): Altar Boyz
August: Osage County
Bent
Bombastes Furioso
Caroline, or Change
Curtains
Doubt
Into the Woods
Purlie
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The History Boys
The Homecoming
The Pillowman
The Wiz

Favorite Performer(s): Samuel Barnett
Michael Cerveris
Joanna Gleason
Gideon Glick
Celia Keenan-Bolger
Frances de la Tour
Audra McDonald
Dennis O'Hare

Currently Listening To: Whisper House, The Frogs, Sunday in the Park with George, In The Heights, Allegro. Promises, Promises, Songs For A New World

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Lights Of Broadway Trading Cards  Aug 28 2015, 09:56:32 PM

These totally went under my radar!

Do they still do the packs of cards with all of the season's Playbill covers?

• Shuffle Along artwork  Aug 28 2015, 09:32:17 PM

Well, I will throw this out There. Could this possibly be HAMILTON's compstition at the Tony's? Granted, we have not seen it yet but it has all of the ingredients for a killer show.

George C Wolfe could direct traffic and I would pay to see it!

• Favorite Scores since 2000  Aug 26 2015, 09:28:57 PM

Caroline or Change.

The only runner up for me is Passing Strange. 

• America's Got Talent- howerd stern  Aug 26 2015, 09:22:41 PM

This show is looking fo a Vegas act so I suspect his comments were probably pretty on target. I am addicted to this season of the show and he has been a great judg this season. JMO

• Broadway Fall 2015: Which Show Most Excites You  Aug 26 2015, 09:17:13 PM

Old Times

The Color Purple

The Gin Game

• Side View Seats at 54 Below--how bad?  Aug 26 2015, 06:31:40 PM

I think it might depend on the stage setup.

• Nine -- Why?  Aug 23 2015, 08:25:59 PM

I need to see the stage production of NINE. Have never seen it or listened to it. Might be why I really enjoyed the film version.

• When did you realize you would never be on Broadway?  Aug 23 2015, 06:02:05 PM

Kathy, I kind of felt like your grandmother  when I walked onto an empty Broadway stage and nearly burst into tears.

• When did you realize you would never be on Broadway?  Aug 23 2015, 05:18:10 PM

About 3 years out of High School. My mother died and I moved out of the house. Continued classes at Walnut Street Theater but realized real life kicked in and I had to support myself financially. Acting was out of the question.

It was years before I got really involved with the theatre and it ended up being in another fulfilling and enjoyable way.

I still want my Tony though!

• Cirque du Soleil: Paramour coming to Broadway's Lyric Theatre  Aug 19 2015, 02:01:23 PM

I would much rather see something else go in that theater. I like Cirque a lot. Have seen a number of their shows and have even worked for them. I like them better in Vegas or seeing a tent show.  I love their touring tent shows. I also feel that their shows started to become a bit repetitive as far as acts go.  JMO

• Wiz concert in Marcus Garvey Park  Aug 16 2015, 09:06:45 PM

broadwayguy, thanks for listing the names. Didn't have my program with me when I commented. Knew Lillias had some connection but didn't know how. 

Innaya Day just didn't do it for us. She didn't hold some notes and she seemed to be showboating a bit putting a twist on the songs. It was like we we're getting 2 concerts. One where the cast was singing the songs pretty much the way they were originally done and then we got her in a club outfit just singing and riff

• Wiz concert in Marcus Garvey Park  Aug 14 2015, 08:56:51 PM

I was there. It was packed. Seats we're gone early and people were on the side lawns, standing along the back rail and at the brick wall behind the theater. Great crowd. They did a dance thing for the first hour or so. Got to be a little long. It was audience participation. Luckily right afte the show started. Mr. Faison came out and spoke for a bit and then the show started.

They had 2 Dorothys. One did every song with the exception of Be A Lion and Home. Cannot remember the name o

• The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want  Aug 12 2015, 09:13:09 PM

Platinum

• Cymbeline?  Aug 11 2015, 10:32:42 PM

The only thread I could find was the ..in the Park Rumors thread and I posted my thoughts on the show in that one.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1080092#4629609

As for getting tickets, for Into The Woods I got there when the park opened and was about 50th in line. For Cymbeline we did standby. I had been told that it is a great way to get seats. We arrived at 5:

• Mezzanine at Marquis Theater  Aug 9 2015, 09:36:59 PM

I can't remember! I was at dress rehearsal and I don't think he did. Oh wait, maybe in the beginning when they included people in the mezz for one of the segments.

• THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Aug 9 2015, 09:27:35 PM

According to a song list I checked, it has been years since I saw the show, it is What Would I Do if I Could Feel. Didn't act one end with a dramatic scene or them getting captured by the monkeys?

Also, Danster, the cast members may not be celebs in your world but some of them are in other's. And as for the casting of Dorothy, Stephanie Mills was a newcomer when she played the role. I now own most of her music. I honestly think a lot of people would roll their eyes if Beyonce were

• Most Anticipated Broadway Shows Opening This Fall  Aug 9 2015, 09:12:41 PM

Zero, I totally forgot to mention that show. Walk past the theater almost every day and think I really want to see it. 

• Mezzanine at Marquis Theater  Aug 9 2015, 08:02:27 PM

I had no problems in the mezz. Have seen 2 shows from there. On from the last row.  I saw the show in the front orchestra but I am sure the mezz is fine. They do most everything front and center. It is a great show. I would see it again for 2 specific parts of the show.

• THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Aug 8 2015, 09:38:00 PM

I have not been keeping up with the casting mews so just saw who is playing the Wiz. I had planned to take the night off to watch it. I will tape it now. No excited about the Wiz being a woman and although I like Queen Latifah, I am disappointed with their casting change and choice. JMO

• Shakespeare in the Park 2015 Rumors  Aug 8 2015, 09:18:09 PM

Saw CYMBELINE on Wednesday. Not a Shakespeare fan but really enjoyed it. Had stage seating and became part of the show at one point. Took me quite by surprise but it was fun! It is a bit confusing but there is a detailed synopsis in the playbill. I would actually see it again. A lot of laughs, good acting and Raul got to sing! A nice discovery is that Tom Kitt did the music. 

BROADWAYWORLD TV