Profile for uncageg

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld uncageg
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: uncageg
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Profile: Live in NJ

Favorite Show(s): Altar Boyz
August: Osage County
Bombastes Furioso
Caroline, or Change
Into the Woods
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The History Boys
The Homecoming
The Pillowman
The Wiz

Favorite Performer(s): Samuel Barnett
Michael Cerveris
Joanna Gleason
Gideon Glick
Celia Keenan-Bolger
Frances de la Tour
Audra McDonald
Dennis O'Hare

Currently Listening To: What's Inside (Waitress)

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread  Oct 22 2016, 12:53:25 AM

I was part of the cult following in the late 70's and 80's and not to make fun of it.

I just turned it off. Had it On Demand. Just couldn't watch after  Sword of Damocles. Actually turned it off in the middle of the song. 

• Apple Music vs Spotify for Broadway  Oct 21 2016, 03:28:36 PM

I  have google Play unlimited. I am amazed at the stuff I find there. I have found a lot of older and obscure cast recordings. There are also a lot of theatre related recordings to be found. It can be a bit weird how you find them but there is a lot there. Mostly all you can stream and download to your library. I also like this service because they added YouTube Red this past year.

• NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews  Oct 18 2016, 10:50:44 PM

I saw it when they moved the tent production uptown. I enjoyed it however I am not a fan of the score. It was fine while watching the show but I cannot listen to the recording. The only song that left a real impression on me was "Sonya Alone". I was left breathless after that song. And the way it was presented was beautiful. 

Looks like they really captured the feel of the original production. It is actually an evening to remember for the performances, set and atmosphere

• Favorite play endings?  Oct 17 2016, 02:35:05 PM

• Look around (snerk) The Hamilton Shop  Oct 17 2016, 02:31:32 PM

I pass by that pop-up shop a lot and the HAMILTON shop seems to be the busiest so far. It seems people just want a piece of this show. 

• Is It Best To Avoid LGA and Take EWR?  Oct 10 2016, 08:35:05 PM

I take the train to and From Trenton often. Looks like you can take that airport tram to NJ Transit and hop on a train into NY Penn Station. The northeast corridor line.

• Sound design question  Oct 10 2016, 05:18:17 PM

Check out the American Theatre Wing's website. Maybe their series Working in the Theatre has something.

• Favorite Sondheim Show?  Oct 8 2016, 01:03:01 AM

I would have to say Sweeney Todd as my favorite "show". It was the first Sondheim show I saw and it blew my mind. Saw the original Broadway cast. Now when it gets into my favorite score,  I tend to listen to Merrily and Company more than the others. I tend to pull out A Little Night Music from time to time and binge on it. Especially after seeing a wonderful , and my first, production of it at the Central City Opera House in Colorado about 9 years ago.

• Riedel on Stephen Schwartz's new show  Oct 8 2016, 12:53:38 AM

Really enjoyed that song. Looked at another video and the sets look beautiful as do the costumes. They should just bring the Vienna male lead over. He has a beautiful voice and God knows he is easy on the eyes!

• who would have been good for Pierre in Comet ?  Oct 8 2016, 12:51:16 AM

broadwayguy91 said: "The correct answer is and always will be : Cynthia Erivo"

Best response of the day!

• Where to splurge / what can be seen from the rear?  Oct 6 2016, 12:54:12 AM

carnzee, the view up there is fine.

99, I would go for the cheap seats. I have sat up there. Perfect view.

• Cirque: Kurios  Oct 5 2016, 01:54:16 AM

EvaLyn, we were in that line across the street from you wishing our shuttles were arriving a s frequently as your buses!

Glad we didn't walk. Especially back. It was dark and sketchy looking.

Didn't know they allowed food and drinks in.

• Cirque: Kurios  Oct 5 2016, 01:39:27 AM

I went on an invite so no price on my ticket. From what I could tell you won't miss much in the cheaper seats and if it is like it was tonight, you may be able to move at intermission. A whole segment of VIP section seats were empty.

We were thinking of walking over the bridge but glad we didn't as there seemed to be some construction and we didn't see a walkway. There is an MTA bus that runs right past the entrance. A lot of people took it. The shuttle is $10.00 for a roun

• Songs about growing up  Oct 5 2016, 01:30:36 AM

"When We Grow Up" from FREE TO BE, YOU AND ME. Sung by Roberta Flack and Michael Jackson. I have always loved this song.

• Riedel on The Front Page not having critics previews  Oct 5 2016, 01:23:09 AM

Great idea. Love it!

• Cirque: Kurios  Oct 5 2016, 12:50:05 AM

Just got in.

For starters, if you buy the round trip shuttle pass, get there early. We got to the shuttle stop at 124th & 3rd at 7:16. A bus was just leaving so we figured we would get the last bus over at 7:30. We were told that the bus driver said he wasn't coming back for the 7:30 pic-up. So the attendant called her boss. Long story short we had to hail a taxi and take it over. We were instructed to go to box office for credit on the shuttle and cab. After 2 visits to b

• Songs about growing up  Oct 4 2016, 04:47:52 PM

Maybe "Why Am I Me?" from Shenandoah?

• Many Broadway Shows Going Dark on Election Day 2016  Oct 4 2016, 03:14:43 PM

As over this election season as I am, I would not want to be at a show on election night. I would have to be home to watch the returns. That's just me though.

• Cirque: Kurios  Oct 4 2016, 01:17:49 PM

Jose, I sampled the music a while ago when I heard it was coming. Decided to wait until I possibly saw the show to hear it all. I own several of their cds. I am tempted to dwnload it and listen to kt today before going though!

• What went wrong with Shuffle Along?  Oct 4 2016, 01:13:52 PM

Saw it in previews and really enjoyed it. I had a ticket for the second week but my performance was cancelled and I went a few weeks later. I had really wanted to see this early on I previews to hopefully see things that they may have ended up cutting especially after seeing the interview with Audra and George and the piece on Sunday Morning.

Having finally been able to compare the choreography with the show that won, It boggles my mind how Shuffle Along did not take the Tony. The

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Back to Falsettoland w/ OBC - Passing the Torch
Backstage Bite
BWW TV Exclusive: BACKSTAGE BITE with Katie Lynch and PARAMOUR's Ruby Lewis!
Turning the Tables
Randy Rainbow w/ FIDDLER Cast
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow