Profile for uncageg

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld uncageg
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: uncageg
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Profile: Live in NJ

Favorite Show(s): Altar Boyz
August: Osage County
Bent
Bombastes Furioso
Caroline, or Change
Curtains
Doubt
Into the Woods
Purlie
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The History Boys
The Homecoming
The Pillowman
The Wiz

Favorite Performer(s): Samuel Barnett
Michael Cerveris
Joanna Gleason
Gideon Glick
Celia Keenan-Bolger
Frances de la Tour
Audra McDonald
Dennis O'Hare

Currently Listening To: What's Inside (Waitress)

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Will Shuffle Along Survive Without Audra?  Apr 29 2016, 02:46:00 PM

I saw the show for the show. Also for the cast and creatives. I am a hige Audra fan and would have been disappointed had she not been in when I saw it but there is too much other great talent on and behind stage for me to have not seen it because she was out.

I have had a few weeks to let this show roll around in my mind. Even with the comments I have made here about it, at the end of the evening I was told a good story that I could follow and saw some wonderful performances.

• American Psycho, Color Purple or She Loves Me? Or something else?  Apr 28 2016, 09:48:17 PM

Don't know when you will be here but regarding seeing something with the OBC, Jennifer Hudson is leaving The Color Purple. I think next week? But Cynthia will still be in the show and is worth the price of admission alone. The show is wonderful. 

• SHUFFLE ALONG Reviews  Apr 28 2016, 09:04:48 PM

Theatermania put into words what I have been thinking since seeing it. "An enchanting night on old Broadway". That is exactly what it was. Flaws amd all.

• SHUFFLE ALONG Reviews  Apr 28 2016, 03:49:10 PM

Have a good opening Mike! 

On pins and needles over the Shuffle reviews.

• Question For Those Who've Seen SHUFFLE ALONG  Apr 28 2016, 02:30:51 PM

I plan to see it again. One of the things I liked the most is that it wasn't a star turn performance for one actor. I liked that they came off as a real ensemble and how well they worked together. JMO

• Who is your favorite Broadway actor/actress?  Apr 28 2016, 12:11:29 AM

Audra, Annaleigh, Patti & Carolee

Stokes-Mitchell, Nicholas Christopher & Raul Esparza

• Question For Those Who've Seen SHUFFLE ALONG  Apr 27 2016, 02:41:57 PM

Patash, I had no problem with the story. I am actually glad we didn't get a revival of the original. I very much enjoyed getting the backstory. The two things I hoped for after seeing it was tightening up act 2 and not having the guy tap dance during the scene where they talked about the band players style being copied. (Clainetist? Someone refresh my memory) His tap dancing was very distracting and not needed, in my opinion and verged on tap overkill.

• Relying on Critics reviews versus BWW posters  Apr 27 2016, 01:59:41 PM

Kad said: "I see what I want to see and use reviews, critical or otherwise, as supplemental information."

Same here. Sometimes I agree with critics and chat boards and sometimes I don't. But if a show interests me, I will see it no matter what I am reading on the boards. I usually see shows in previews in NYC so reviews aren't out. Even when I lived out west and saw turing shows, I still saw what I wanted to see no matter what the reviews w

• Question For Those Who've Seen SHUFFLE ALONG  Apr 27 2016, 01:24:21 PM

I will also say that the evening I saw it there was something in the air. I felt like the bulk of the people there were avid theatergoers. Of course people wanted to see Audra but it felt like mostly people wanted to see the show itself. The conversations around me were about theatre.  And also, as a black man, it was thrilling to see an all black cast do what they did on that stage. Also I felt like I was seeing a good old fashioned Broadway show. JMO

• Question For Those Who've Seen SHUFFLE ALONG  Apr 27 2016, 12:54:00 PM

I do remember why I liked it. It is a good show but I can kind of see where your question is coming from.

I think I was so impressed by the talent and the choreography. What impressed me is that with that powerhouse cast, nobody "took the spotlight". It was also in the back of my mind that Wolfe was directing. I saw it on the 5th and knew going in that it was still being worked on. I think knowing that added to my enjoyment because even though I wasn't seeing the fro

• Bright Star Cast Recording  Apr 26 2016, 01:50:36 AM

Gypsy, my response was to your comment "like it's a big secret". It is. That is why they are so vague. Your comment kind of read that you didn't know.  You might be able to find it in the other threads about the show. I figure someone has posted it with a spoiler button.

• Bright Star Cast Recording  Apr 26 2016, 12:59:47 AM

It is kind of hard to give a synopsis without giving away some things that you really shouldn't know before seeing it. It would ruin a few things. 

Just listened to it and it is my favorite score from this season. Hands down.

• 1 show in NYC  Apr 25 2016, 06:14:32 PM

The Color Purple, Bright Star or Shuffle Along.  

Interesting that you have WICKED listed as a show you are seeing. Have the tours not come to your city?

• Am I the only one bored to death by plays? Prefer musicals instead...  Apr 24 2016, 03:46:15 PM

You are not the only one. I have two friends that refuse to see a play. They will only see musicals. It is a preference that they, and you, are certainly entitled to. I like both.

• Prince Remembered at The Color Purple Tonight  Apr 21 2016, 11:56:32 PM

I'm speechless. Just speechless!

• Article: SHUFFLE ALONG Producers Ask to Be Excused from Awards  Apr 21 2016, 11:57:37 AM

I would go back just for the Pennsylvania Graveyard section. It was simply mindblowing.

• Bright Star Cast Recording  Apr 21 2016, 09:55:33 AM

Went directly to my favorite song, "So Familiar". Sounds great!

• American Psycho merchandise  Apr 20 2016, 04:43:17 PM

I saw shirts but don't remember much about them. I was looking for the magnet, which I didn't care for. It is actually 2 magnets. One is a chainsaw and the other an axe. You get the 2 for, I think, 15 bucks. Wasn't worth it for ke.

• Betsy Wolfe Tapped to play Elsa in Frozen the Musical  Apr 20 2016, 04:29:01 PM

Disney loves Denver. Expect it will play the Ellie Caulkims. I remember hearing that when The Little Mermaid previewed there they liked it because it had the specs for the theater they wanted in NYC. The Lunt.

• What are ways to get Playbills?  Apr 20 2016, 02:42:38 PM

Which Playbills are you looking for? Maybe ask here.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

COUNTDOWN CLOCK