BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for uncageg
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: uncageg
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Profile: Live in Denver, CO.

Favorite Show(s): Altar Boyz
August: Osage County
Bent
Bombastes Furioso
Caroline, or Change
Curtains
Doubt
Into the Woods
Purlie
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The History Boys
The Homecoming
The Pillowman
The Wiz

Favorite Performer(s): Samuel Barnett
Michael Cerveris
Joanna Gleason
Gideon Glick
Celia Keenan-Bolger
Frances de la Tour
Audra McDonald
Dennis O'Hare

Currently Listening To: Whisper House, The Frogs, Sunday in the Park with George, In The Heights, Allegro. Promises, Promises, Songs For A New World

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Will anyone be tuning into Disney's Descendants?  Aug 2 2015, 01:48:25 PM

Was an audience member at THE VIEW last Wednesday and they gave us a voucher/order form for the dvd. So I will see it in about 4 to 6 weeks when it arrives.

• The most frequently produced high school plays and musicals- by decade (fascinating list!)  Jul 31 2015, 05:35:02 PM

I played Lou Martin in our high school production of Up The Down Staircase and was also in Fiddler.

• Hamilton Previews  Jul 29 2015, 02:04:47 PM

Was at The View today. Whoopie saw the show last night and raved both on and off camera about the show.

• Fiddler.. more security for audiences?  Jul 28 2015, 09:31:50 AM

Every time I have been at The Broadway Theater since 2004 I have had my bags checked and told to have my ticket when I stepped out at intermission.

When I went to see "How to Succeed..." I forgot my Playbill when I stepped out at intermission (I slip my tickets in the Playbills at the title page), they would not let e back in. Luckily the person I was with walked past he door and he had to bring back both my Playbill and his along with the tickets. In hindsight, seeing the frenzy o

• Amazing Grace reviews  Jul 17 2015, 08:58:36 PM

Same thing with hands raised in the air during the song whenI saw it. A friend of mine is seeing it with his mother and her church next week. The merch stand was quite busy the evening I saw it. Especially after the show.  Mostly middle aged women when I was observing.

• BENT - Mark Taper Forum  Jul 17 2015, 08:49:21 PM

Saw the original Broadway production with Richard Gere. Good play.

• Obama at Hamilton  Jul 17 2015, 05:22:55 PM

The barricades are already in place on 46th and along 8th. Just. Walked through there. There is a sign on one near the stage door that says "You are in pit 1"

• Amazing Grace reviews  Jul 17 2015, 05:18:54 PM

For those who feel you learn absolutely nothing about the song, I can see why you say that. However, we are given a few hints throughout. I caught them when I saw it. I think the problem is that they were not more obvious. I was thinking that the orchestra could have underscored 2 of them with the melody as we know it or somehow blended in with the girl with the flute. Maybe even played the music to the part of the song he was reading from the book. It may have helped make it clearer as to wh

• Anyone know what happened?  Jul 15 2015, 10:03:39 AM

I lost the desktop type page on my tablet. I am assuming I now have the mobile version. No banners or BWW tv to the right. Just went away the other day. I have to click on the left and choose united states just to see that I am logged in and if I have any messages. It would be nice to have a full site button to click.

• Brandy's sings Home for audtion for the Wiz  Jul 14 2015, 01:18:29 PM

Yeah, maybe if she wasn't trying to be incognito, people would have paid attention. I think we have all just become numb to performers on trains. I know I always seem to get these same three dancers on my train with a loud boom box and I just tune them out.

• Exploring the Theatre before you take your seat (unique things)  Jul 14 2015, 01:49:40 AM

Capn, the CREATE wall at New World Stages is gone. It was painted over about a month ago.

I like the gallery in the mezz of the Hirschfeld theater with sketches he did of some of the show's that have played there.

• re: Nicest Broadway Stars?  Jul 13 2015, 05:56:44 PM

Thank you for the message PLF.  Forgot about this thread and can now give an update.

When I chatted with Chita after a performance of Drood I told her about the incident I mentioned on the first page. She actuzlly remembered it and apologized again. And she remembered the details.

• Cell Phone Hell at Shows for Days  Jul 11 2015, 03:21:30 PM

I think the educating the public idea is, at this point, a waste of time and money.

• Penn & Teller on Broadway  Jul 11 2015, 12:06:01 PM

Moviedude, it does end differently.

LightsOut, you are correct about the off Broadway play.

• Roger Rees  Jul 11 2015, 11:19:28 AM

A friend texted me at 1:00am with the news. I was floored. Had just finished listening to THE VISIT.  I was lucky enough to be in his company on a number of occasions and have a few very nice conversations with him. May he rest in peace.

• Cell Phone Hell at Shows for Days  Jul 9 2015, 03:19:47 PM

Am so on her side with this. It is annoying to have it happen near you while watching a show. I have friends in shows who tell me they can see the phones all over the orchestra level that are used during shows. Some have told me they can see recording lights in the mezz. They have said how distracting it can be and the just want to scream at these people.

As an audience member it drives me crazy. I have asked many people to turn their phones off. At Finding Neverland it was a guy a

• Penn & Teller on Broadway  Jul 8 2015, 06:06:59 PM

I attended the invited dress on Tuesday afternoon. I am very familiar with Penn & Teller having seen them on tv for a number of years.  They don't normally do big tricks. They do more intimate and at times cringe inducing kind of creepy stuff.

I enjoyed the show. It is very low key. Took me a bit afterwards to really appreciate it. It was exciting to see the nail gun thng live. I have seen him do it on tv. It freaked me out then and really made me cringe live.

T

• Your Picks For Stage To HBO Adaptations  Jul 5 2015, 12:32:28 PM

The original production in the round of Curious Incident.. was filmed. I have seen it and it is wonderful.

• New York Theater June 2015 Quiz  Jul 2 2015, 09:02:22 PM

92%

• Your favorite shows you've seen in 2015 so far  Jul 2 2015, 08:56:16 PM

On The Town

Curious Incident

The Visit

Churchill

Significant Other (Even with the issues I had with it)

BROADWAYWORLD TV