BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for uncageg
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: uncageg
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Profile: Live in Denver, CO.

Favorite Show(s): Altar Boyz
August: Osage County
Bent
Bombastes Furioso
Caroline, or Change
Curtains
Doubt
Into the Woods
Purlie
Spring Awakening
Sweeney Todd
The History Boys
The Homecoming
The Pillowman
The Wiz

Favorite Performer(s): Samuel Barnett
Michael Cerveris
Joanna Gleason
Gideon Glick
Celia Keenan-Bolger
Frances de la Tour
Audra McDonald
Dennis O'Hare

Currently Listening To: Whisper House, The Frogs, Sunday in the Park with George, In The Heights, Allegro. Promises, Promises, Songs For A New World

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  May 24 2015, 08:04:22 PM

Read that article earlier. It says that Hinton Battle was cast as the Wiz.Andre DeSheilds played The Wiz on Broadway. So either that is an error or he changed roles.

Such an interesting article and I remember how Ease on Down The Road became a hit. A 45 version of the song was released before the cast album came out. And if I am not mistaken, it was not the cast on the 45. It was the version that was played on the radio. We played that song to death.

I remember the woman

• The Movie The Visit versus the Musical The Visit  May 24 2015, 06:20:23 PM

google play store also has it to rent for 2.99 and to buy.

• Tesori Cast Albums?  May 21 2015, 11:36:38 AM

Interesting. I popped over to Amazon and they had Caroline used and new. Figure that new is already purchased but not open.

My favorite of hers is Caroline or Change.

• Favorite Musicals Currently on Broadway  May 20 2015, 02:32:53 PM

On The Town

Finding Neverland

The Visit

• Why Is Brandy Norwood Not Listed In The Official Chicago Website?  May 17 2015, 09:00:26 PM

I love the tv ad for her in the show.

• Will Rebecca Give Up the Ghost?  May 14 2015, 09:01:28 PM

A close friend of mine saw the Vienna proxuction and raved about it. He bought the color progrzm back for me as a gift. I really want to see this happen. Just from the photos in the program! But he also said I would probably enjoy it. He said it didn't even bother him that it wasn't in english. It was that good, in his opinion. I have heard some of it and liked what I heard, and saw.  

• THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  May 11 2015, 08:45:12 PM

Saw her 3 times in the original production. Once at the Majestic and twice at the Broadway. She blew the roof off all 3 times. By the 3rd time she took the songs and made them her own and it was thrilling. Love her voice and own a lot of her music. Love her version of "The Spark of Creation".  I am looking forward to her singing the hell out of "The Feeling We Once Had".

It also amazes me that they used a photo from the movie instead of from the OBC with Mills in the picture.

• Totem CDS  May 10 2015, 06:10:59 PM

Quidam is my favorite. I actually worked for them on the Dralion tour.. Had a blast.

• If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?  Apr 26 2015, 08:31:06 PM

Finding Neverland for Best Musical. Had no real desire to see it, got an invite and absolutely loved it.

• Effie White and the Baker sing And I'm Tellin' You in a car ... no really!  Apr 15 2015, 08:55:59 PM

I think this is going to be a recurring thing with him. he did this with Mariah Carey and it was great.

• DOCTOR ZHIVAGO Previews  Apr 11 2015, 09:13:37 PM

Saw it on Thursday. Thought the sets, costumes and projections were gorgeous. The music was fine but nothing really hummable. And that is ok. It served the piece. A Wildhorn show did not even enter my mind but Les Miz did.Really enjoyed the first act and my friend and I looked at each other at intermission and said " why are people ripping this apart". My problem was that the second half got a little too melodramatic and I wish she had not mentioned 

******po

• Clinton the musical  Apr 9 2015, 02:44:59 PM

Whizzer,  Linda Tripp and her husband have been owners of a Christmas shop. 

• DOCTOR ZHIVAGO Previews  Apr 9 2015, 12:49:51 PM

Seeing it this evening. Have a few shows ahead of it on my list to see but with all of the comments here and elsewhere it has piqued my interest a bit more and I am looking forward to this evening.

• The Visit Previews * Spoiler Alert*  Apr 8 2015, 06:12:40 PM

Saw it last night and really enjoyed It. That set is gorgeous. I loved her final costume. Some of the songs felt short but that was fine.

• Chita Rivera and The Visit Stage Door  Mar 28 2015, 12:08:43 PM
    She is very nice at the stage door. After Drood I stagedoored to meet her and we had a very nice conversation and took a picture. I also got to tell her about the time she knocked me to the floor while passing me in the lobby of the Shubert Theater in Phila. During the intermission of the musical Platinum. Her daughter Lisa was in the show. She knocked my beverage out of my hand. I was on the floor and she extended a hand to help me up and had one of the people with her replace my beverage.
  • Gigi Previews  Mar 26 2015, 12:38:49 PM
    You could tell she was enjoying herself up on stage.
  • Gigi Previews  Mar 25 2015, 08:42:25 PM
    Saw it last night and with the exception of a few things, really enjoyed it.

It could use a bit of tightening up and possibly paced a bit quicker. Some scenes seemed to drag a bi French accents would have been nice, but we got over it. wish the two white gowns that Gigi wore in Act 2 looked more like they came from a store and not homemade. Oh, and really wish they hadn't switched off the song "Thank Heaven for Little Girls". Didn't work for me with the two women singing it.

Ou
  • FINDING NEVERLAND Previews  Mar 18 2015, 06:20:10 PM
    Saw it last night. A bit long but I enjoyed it. Unfortunately we had a crying child during the emotional moments during the end. Took us out of the moment.
  • Hand to God Previews  Mar 16 2015, 11:17:25 PM
    saw it tonight. It was tops on my list to see.
    Yeah, the puppet had a foul mouth and there were laughs. But we saw a lot of it in Avenue Q.

I feel this played well in a smaller house. The religious connection was lost. The sound was awful and I was row E, house right 3 seats off the aisle.

Good. Not great. But the ad campign will sell it.
  • Hand to God Previews  Mar 14 2015, 06:47:34 PM
    Seeing it on Monday.

BROADWAYWORLD TV