Profile for uncageg

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld uncageg
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: uncageg
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Profile: Live in NJ

Favorite Show(s): Altar Boyz
August: Osage County
Bent
Bombastes Furioso
Caroline, or Change
Curtains
Doubt
Into the Woods
Purlie
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The History Boys
The Homecoming
The Pillowman
The Wiz

Favorite Performer(s): Samuel Barnett
Michael Cerveris
Joanna Gleason
Gideon Glick
Celia Keenan-Bolger
Frances de la Tour
Audra McDonald
Dennis O'Hare

Currently Listening To: What's Inside (Waitress)

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • CDs sold in the lobby & Soundscan  Mar 26 2017, 12:15:00 AM

The merch people fill out an inventory form at the end of every night to record what was sold, from what I understand.

• HELLO, DOLLY! Previews  Mar 25 2017, 10:32:01 AM

I sat next to a couple on the train last night who told me about it. They also said it seemed like a legit flub.

• Mezzanine at the Broadway  Mar 24 2017, 06:10:30 PM

I was in row E, center, of the rear mezz and had a perfectview of everything. The helicopter arrival was pretty neat from up there also.

• MISS SAIGON Reviews  Mar 24 2017, 10:20:22 AM

GreasedLightning said: "uncageg said: "Dancingthrulife2 said: "Call_me_jorge said: "Is Brantley or Green reviewing this one?

"

Probably both? Green won't start his job at Times until May. Until then, he's still a NY Magazine critic."

He is with Vulture.

"

Vulture is an entertainment pub

• MISS SAIGON Reviews  Mar 24 2017, 12:02:23 AM

Dancingthrulife2 said: "Call_me_jorge said: "Is Brantley or Green reviewing this one?

"

Probably both? Green won't start his job at Times until May. Until then, he's still a NY Magazine critic."

He is with Vulture.

• Jesse Green - new NYT critic  Mar 23 2017, 02:48:00 PM

M.O.A.I. said: "Is Pacheco even a critic? At least from what I've seen on Theater Talk, he has no taste."

Matter of opinion.

• Maria Friedman to bring her acclaimed Merrily We Roll along to Boston- Is a Broadway transfer in its future?  Mar 23 2017, 02:45:49 PM

Loved the Encores production and was there the night Sondheim and original cast members sang at curtain call.

I would love to see this production come to NYC.

• GENTLY DOWN THE STREAM  Mar 23 2017, 01:15:46 PM

They had a talk back last night but I was starving and didn't stay. Now that I have eaten I wish I had! Lol

I am sure it was an interesting conversation. Hope you enjoy it as mich as I did Play Esq.

• Jesse Green - new NYT critic  Mar 23 2017, 10:28:24 AM

I like him, for the most part, on Theatef Talk. His comment on "Come From Away" threw me. I didn't expect that from him although he can be snarky at times on the show. I would like to have had Patrick Pacheco as the new critic. I really like him.

• GENTLY DOWN THE STREAM  Mar 22 2017, 11:14:52 PM

Saw it tonight. Loved it. I was cboking back tears near the end.

Harvey plays a 61 year old man who enters into a relationship with a young man as online "dating" is starting. The show gives us some history of what the gay community had to go through and overcome to get to where we are today. It also comments on how a lot of members of the community today do not know this history. Most of this is told directly to the audience. 

Wrapped around this, or by i

• First review for BEST WORST THING EVER COULD HAPPENED  Mar 22 2017, 05:55:30 PM

Just watched it on Netflix. Excellent. I was choked up for the last 15 minutes. Will probably watch it a few more times.

• Church & State  Mar 21 2017, 02:50:08 PM

I don't think they are going for subtle! Also, I am sure that in this climate the writer knew it is implausable. Ithink that is why it is written the way it is. I think that is pretty obvious. JMO

• 54 Below - first time going  Mar 21 2017, 12:21:38 AM

I have seen some performers hang out aftef a show. The first time I went Patti Lupome hung out at a table after her show with friends. (I went in after her show was over) I was sitting at the bar rail. She spoke to me on her way to the restroom. It was my birthday. Made my day.

• Church & State  Mar 21 2017, 12:00:26 AM

Has anyone seen this? I caught it last week. Great writing and very timely. The subject is gun control and centers around a statemen made by a politician running for office before a big campaign speech. That is about all I will say about it. You just have to see it. Running time is about 70 minutes. It is still in previews. I want to go back after it opens. It is billed as a dark comedy and the dark humor is there. I think omce the cast settles in during previews it will be even better than i

• GENTLY DOWN THE STREAM  Mar 20 2017, 11:38:04 PM

I am seeing it this week!

• BCEFA Spring Collections 2017  Mar 18 2017, 01:40:48 AM

I got the Avenue Q t-shirt with the show logo at the top on the back and says "Donald Trump Is Only For Now" on the front. 20 bucks.

• GROUNDHOG DAY Previews  Mar 18 2017, 01:15:52 AM

Brantley reviewed it.

• WAR PAINT Previews  Mar 18 2017, 01:09:26 AM

Queen, I am a gay boy and really enjoyed it. I do not agree with Addison's comment about it having mild things to say. This show is all about women in power and how they were treated at the time. I think some people have to realize that this took place a long time ago and this is how things were. At times I think it was a bit much but that was fine. I always have to let a show sink in a few days and I know I HAVE to see this again. All of my friends are raving about Sunset amd telling me

• thoughts on Sardi's or Joe Allens  Mar 17 2017, 03:20:47 PM

I suggest upstairs at Sardi's after the show. I love getting a window table and looking out over 44th at the marquees.

• Show Reviews: Would you rather...  Mar 16 2017, 09:00:38 PM

If there is a show I want to see, I usually see it no matter what critics say or what is wriiten on these boards. I like to make my own mind up on what I thought. There have been many times I have seen a show that got negative remarks here and by critics that I enjoyed. And vice versa. There are times when the remarks here were spot on as well as with critics. Yes, I want to see a good show but I am not going  to make a decision on a show that interests me based on other's opinions.