BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for uncageg
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: uncageg
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Profile: Live in Denver, CO.

Favorite Show(s): Altar Boyz
August: Osage County
Bent
Bombastes Furioso
Caroline, or Change
Curtains
Doubt
Into the Woods
Purlie
Spring Awakening
Sweeney Todd
The History Boys
The Homecoming
The Pillowman
The Wiz

Favorite Performer(s): Samuel Barnett
Michael Cerveris
Joanna Gleason
Gideon Glick
Celia Keenan-Bolger
Frances de la Tour
Audra McDonald
Dennis O'Hare

Currently Listening To: Whisper House, The Frogs, Sunday in the Park with George, In The Heights, Allegro. Promises, Promises, Songs For A New World

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • AMAZING GRACE Previews  Jun 27 2015, 03:07:58 PM

I had to reply to lynn's posts.

l really don't think Whizzer needs defending but his/her opinions on shows are the first ones I look for here. They are usually honest. If one does not like a show, they are going to say so. It is an opinion. I have read many comments here over the years that ripped shows apart that I loved. I am assuming that you loved the show having seen it 9 times and I take your views into account also. But I feel that if anyone has an interest in any show, they

• cast cd update  Jun 18 2015, 02:50:29 PM

Not sure. I don't use spotify. I have google music unlimited and it is not there yet. It is on Amazon.

• The Color Purple Announcement Today  Jun 17 2015, 06:46:36 PM

Just watched the montage. "Color" me there!

• cast cd update  Jun 17 2015, 06:06:43 PM

Got my copy of Nevermore yesterday. Very well done. A 2 cd set and it is pretty much the entire show. The show had an eerie echoy sound which was cool live. The recording pulls back on that so the lyrics are really clear. 2 songs that were cut during its NYC run are included on the disc. Also the packaging is nice. Each section is fully explained and at the end, track by track, there is a list of poems used for lyrics to each song. That I really like as it was not in the Playbill and I wonder

• Dream Revivals?  Jun 16 2015, 05:38:37 PM

Taboo

Merrily We Roll Along

Company ( I missed the revival)

• Will Hedwig close?  Jun 16 2015, 05:32:33 PM

He said in an interview last week that he will wear a blonde wig but they will adjust the color of it a bit to look better on him.

• Thank Heaven for GIGI  Jun 16 2015, 04:04:56 PM

I saw it and enjoyed it overall. It dragged in a few spots and I don't agree with giving "Thank Heavens for Little Girls" to the females but I got over it. Beautiful sets and costumes and enjoyed the choreography. I was very impresse with Ms. Hudgins. She was excellent and looking like she was having the time of her life onstage. I do hope she returns to Broadway.

• Will Hedwig close?  Jun 16 2015, 02:25:56 PM

Had no desire to see NPH when it opened.  Am not crazy about the music. Said I would only go if JCM decided to do it. Well, I was not able to catch him so I didn't think anymore about it as I had no desire see any of the other actors that have been doing it and no real strong desire to see the show. Taye may change that.

• Is 39 Steps worth seeing?  Jun 16 2015, 01:52:59 PM

Saw the Denver Center Theatre Company's production in 2010 and loved every second of it.

• Anyone else disgusted by Broadway.com's whitewashing?  Jun 16 2015, 07:47:55 AM

I didn't find the article to be racist or funny.

• The Visit final performance  Jun 14 2015, 08:13:12 PM

I second Jordan's comment.

• SIGNIFICANT OTHER Previews  Jun 14 2015, 01:20:25 PM

I am way past my twenties and I was able to relate to everything going on. Didn't have to be happening to me right now to enjoy it. Whining about not having a boyfriend has been happening for years!

• CONSENT: New Play at the Black Box Theater!  Jun 13 2015, 10:08:47 PM

I want to see this. Can't find any reviews. It opened this past week.

• Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?  Jun 11 2015, 02:55:09 PM

Trust me, Blacks and Latinos will spend money on what they really want. Them not attending theatre more often has nothing to do with money. You are missing the bigger point here Philly.

• Fun Home Standing Room?  Jun 11 2015, 12:49:18 PM

I stopped by yesterday to ask about them and the guy at the box office said they go very fast. I got there around noon and all standing room was gone for both performances except one returned  for the matinee.

• SIGNIFICANT OTHER Previews  Jun 11 2015, 12:43:05 PM

The only thing I can think is it may have to do with the top level of the set. It is kind of high.

• Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?  Jun 11 2015, 12:20:11 PM

I actually wasn't including students in my comments. As a student I saw a lot of shows. I was speaking mostly of adults. Diva explained it very well.

I won't go round and round with this but it is what it is. I have questioned friends in the African American community and started a program for students. I think Diva hit the nail on the head with the word relevance. I too can think of 10 African Americans who go to the theater. Actually more. But as a whole, the community is not a b

• SIGNIFICANT OTHER Previews  Jun 11 2015, 11:46:07 AM

I really enjoyed the play with one exception. I really feel the charactef of Jordan should be toned down a bit.  I think anyone, young or older, can identify what he and his friends ar going through and that is thanks to  a wondefully funny and true to life book.  Everything Jordan says and does could be done in a less manic way and still hit home. 

The chemistry on that stage is wonderful and the jokes all hit a bullseye.  I have to say thar Curious Incide

• Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?  Jun 10 2015, 04:55:27 PM

I am assuming you have both worked with the black community and have actually asked them why they don't attend the theatre often. I have.

• Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?  Jun 10 2015, 04:40:47 PM

Erik, not all, but that is the case for the most part. Just the way it is.

BROADWAYWORLD TV