Profile for uncageg
Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld uncageg
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: uncageg
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Profile: Live in Denver, CO.

Favorite Show(s): Altar Boyz
August: Osage County
Bombastes Furioso
Caroline, or Change
Into the Woods
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The History Boys
The Homecoming
The Pillowman
The Wiz

Favorite Performer(s): Samuel Barnett
Michael Cerveris
Joanna Gleason
Gideon Glick
Celia Keenan-Bolger
Frances de la Tour
Audra McDonald
Dennis O'Hare

Currently Listening To: Whisper House, The Frogs, Sunday in the Park with George, In The Heights, Allegro. Promises, Promises, Songs For A New World

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Date with Ben Brantley or Michael Riedel  Oct 7 2015, 08:41:30 PM

Riedel. I think conversation with him would be more fun and I have always found him to be attractive.

• Your favorite musical theatre song most people may not be familiar with  Oct 6 2015, 07:31:48 PM

"A Great Night For A Murder", the opening number from Stop! You're Killing me.  I would, um, kill for a recording of the score.

• On Your Feet! Previews  Oct 5 2015, 08:50:44 PM

I am not a jukebox musical fan and don't see them but this is high on my list. Love Estefan and MSM. I can clearly remember the bus crash. I lived in PA at the time and it was all over our news as well. (It happened in the Pocono mountains in PA). We were a bit devastated. Was right there in front of the tv for her return at the awards. Actually a large group of us were.  Looking forward to seeing this.

• The Broadway community  Oct 5 2015, 08:41:47 PM

I knew I loved theatre at a very early age. It was a passion and as I got older an escape from a "stressful" home life at times. After moving out on my own with my first partner I was able to enjoy it and participate in it even more and do to this day.

• AMERICAN PSYCHO to the Schoenfeld  Sep 30 2015, 07:29:20 PM

I love the website artwork. Hope the t-shirt is that color.

• Wicked at 5,000 Performances-What Do YOU Love Most About Wicked?  Sep 30 2015, 07:26:27 PM

Aside from the show itself, the original t-shirt. A real t-shirt that hasn't shrunk, is the actual size on the tag and that I still wear 11 years later!

• SPRING AWAKENING (Revival) Reviews  Sep 27 2015, 08:49:46 PM

Hope you feel bette soon Limelight. Mine went from my head to my chest. Still coughing.

• Most Overrated Tony Award Winning Best Musical  Sep 27 2015, 08:04:23 PM

Avenue Q over Caroline or Change. I love Avenue Q, just wish it wasn't up against Caroline. Wish they had both won but in differednt seasons!

• Flea Market Finds!  Sep 27 2015, 07:57:38 PM

Ok, glad I was not the only one who thought the same as Capn. That went through my mind as I was walking past the tables. Last I went was about 2 or 3 years ago and there seemed to be much better stuff. I left with more than I did this year and went at about the same time.

• Flea Market Finds!  Sep 27 2015, 06:18:24 PM

I got there as they were putting e erything on sale for a dollar. Wasn't looking for anything really but grabbed a Claybourne Park messenger bag and the NINE revival cd for a buck a piece. I was happy.

• Harry Potter & The Cursed Child - Two Parts!  Sep 25 2015, 08:45:03 PM

Was wondering of Tom Riddle could be the cursed child?

• Gin Game Previews  Sep 25 2015, 08:40:30 PM

The set design looks like the backyard/patio of a big old house that is the retirement home. There is grass amd dirt on the floor of the stage. There is one "special effect" used in act two. There is also a scent effect. Not sure if it is on purpose but at one point I could smell leaves. I was also in the second row so it may have been just the closeness to the stage.

• Your thoughts on the 2010 Promises, Promises revival  Sep 24 2015, 04:59:49 PM

Wanted to see it but couldn't. I do love the cast recording.

• Gin Game Previews  Sep 24 2015, 01:58:13 PM

Morosco, someone came out and helped Ms. Tyson to the center of the stage for her curtain call. She kind of has her back to the audience at the end amd this person was helping her turn and walk to the center. May have been a stagehand as you do see thm during the show.

• Gin Game Previews  Sep 23 2015, 09:45:27 PM

Enjoyable evening. 

It appeared that they both have colds. It seems to be affecting Ms Tyson more. Noticed a handler through the scrim at curtain call. (Was sitting really close).  I think they did a bit of ad libbing, especially  the middle of the 1st act but they are pros. Once they settle in I think it will be really good. They had us in the palm of their hands. All jokes landed. More later.

Run time was about two hours with an intermission. Started late and

• Gin Game Previews  Sep 23 2015, 04:27:48 PM

I am going and looks like I may have an extra ticket! This will be my first Broadway first preview.

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/20/15  Sep 21 2015, 04:34:27 PM

I noticed lasr week that it was much busier than usual in the theater district. I walk down 8 tb ad the other night it was so packed as shows were letting out I actually cut through times square to 6th and down. It was wall to wall.

• Most impressive Stage Effects (SpecialFX?)  Sep 20 2015, 08:12:13 PM

I thought all of Spiderman was visually stunning.

Also liked the glitter at the end of Neverland. It was breathtaking.

The transformation mirror in the pre-Broadway tong of Jekyl & Hyde. 

The mermamaids in Big Fish.

The barbers chair and chute in the original Sweeney Todd.

The original Les Miz Barricade.

The end of Act 1 in Amazing Grace.

• Genres of music that you'd love to hear more of in musicals.  Sep 14 2015, 08:43:34 PM

• Tony (Best Musical) Race Over ?  Sep 12 2015, 11:27:28 AM

I was wondering about that. Isn't the show billed as the original show but with behind the scenes added to it? I was wondering if they are doing the entire show or most of it with the new material.