Profile for uncageg

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld uncageg
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: uncageg
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Profile: Live in NJ

Favorite Show(s): Altar Boyz
August: Osage County
Bent
Bombastes Furioso
Caroline, or Change
Curtains
Doubt
Into the Woods
Purlie
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The History Boys
The Homecoming
The Pillowman
The Wiz

Favorite Performer(s): Samuel Barnett
Michael Cerveris
Joanna Gleason
Gideon Glick
Celia Keenan-Bolger
Frances de la Tour
Audra McDonald
Dennis O'Hare

Currently Listening To: What's Inside (Waitress)

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • COME FROM AWAY Previews  Feb 24 2017, 03:19:02 AM

Saw the show last night (Thursday).

Quite honestly, going in after hearing the opening number prior to tonight I had HANDS ON A HARDBODY in the back of my mind. That opening where you see the townspeople and get a "flavor" of the region. Luckily, after seeing it staged, Come From Away's opener was much better.

The show moves at a nice pace. The cast does a splendid job of taking on multiple characters. Not a weak link in the cast. Personally it was nice to

• The View Upstairs?  Feb 22 2017, 03:58:33 PM

Here is a preview of the music:

http://www.theatermania.com/video/the-view-upstairs-previews-tunes-from-its-original_1177.html?cid=homepage_news

• COME FROM AWAY Previews  Feb 19 2017, 12:45:19 AM

Seeing it on Thursday.

• SIGNIFICANT OTHER Previews  Feb 16 2017, 12:39:21 AM

Saw it at the Pels. Loved it. That last moment shook me to my core. Not sure I will see it again. Kind of want to savor the performance I saw and not sure it will hit me the same way a second time around. JMO

• COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced /DISCOUNT  Feb 10 2017, 09:54:10 PM

Just looked at the cast list. Wow, along with Chad, Kendra Kassbaum and Rodney Hicks are in it. Also a fave of mine, Tamika Lawrence.

• COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced /DISCOUNT  Feb 10 2017, 07:05:29 PM

I am seeing it on the 23rd of this month. Looking forward to it.

• Schuyler Sisters at the Super Bowl.  Feb 5 2017, 10:44:10 PM

It was fine but nothing to scream about. JMO

• Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway /Previews  Feb 4 2017, 02:17:13 AM

Memories of this show.....I was at the opening night of the national tour in Denver. If I am not mistaken, it was also the same night the hydraulics went into the Broadway production. The production was stunning. The sets, sound design, costumes and cast...except for Linda Balgord were wonderful. Balgord was the wrong choice for the role of Norma. But it was a big night complete with a reflecting pool outside with a body in it and a replica of the Paramount Studios gate entrance to the outdoo

• Naked Boys Singing running time?  Feb 4 2017, 02:01:17 AM

You should be fine. I heard they shortened it to about an hour or so after it left New World Stages. It was about 90 minutes there.

• Hamilton Lotto Closed Early  Feb 1 2017, 12:37:14 PM

I entered today for the first time in several months. Still going ahead with ,ylams as I am sure I won't win!

• musical Sunday night after Hamilton matinee?  Jan 26 2017, 12:02:20 PM

Avenue Q has a 7:30pm performance on Sunday evenings if you have never seen it.

• The Spielers - New Theme Park Parody Show  Jan 26 2017, 11:52:43 AM

Enjoyed it. Dana is hysterical! The sconce thing was too funny!

• Unsinkable Molly Brown with Beth Malone  Jan 25 2017, 11:05:46 AM

I saw it in Denver and enjoyed it.

• Best Tap Numbers?  Jan 24 2017, 08:57:06 PM

Every tap moment from TAPPIN THRU LIFE, opening to 42nd Street, I CAN DO THAT and Pennsylvania Graveyard Shuffle (which was thrilling!)

• Audience Member to Sue HAMILTON Citing Lack of Accommodation for Blind Patrons  Jan 24 2017, 08:52:27 PM

Google his name and Denver. This is not his first complaint.

Watch the video of him also for the DVR thing. This is a smart man. Seems he would have checked beforehand before going to HAMILTON  to see if they had accomodations.  I see blind people all the time at the theater that do not complain.

• Jennifer Holliday's decision/backlash- her response on the View  Jan 19 2017, 09:10:33 PM

newintown said: ""Not surprised doing 8 shows a week and maybe not being a big social media person that she wasn't aware of the strong backlash."

Yes, Broadway actors, particularly one like Holliday, at the theatre for at least 24 hours a week, really aren't able to keep up with current events, like knowing that a significant percentage (possibly the majority) of their fan base, the LGBT community, feels that Donald Trump represents a t

• Jennifer Holliday's decision/backlash- her response on the View  Jan 19 2017, 03:06:09 PM

I feel the social media backlash blindsided her. She said something to the effect that she didn't know everything that was going on. At first I thought, "Really?". I then realized that she was probably preparing to go into Color Purple around election time and was in the show after up until closing. Not surprised doing 8 shows a week and maybe not being a big social media person that she wasn't aware of the strong backlash. She quickly did though and pulled out. JMO

• Avenue Q For Now Lyric Change?  Jan 19 2017, 02:53:29 PM

Yeah, they started using his name shortly after he announced that he was running. He announced in June of 2015.

• Avenue Q For Now Lyric Change?  Jan 19 2017, 11:56:08 AM

I was there recently and the audience went nuts over it. I suspect it will stay in for a long while.

• Effie, I'm tired. It's all over. And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going  Jan 17 2017, 05:07:46 PM

perfectlymarvelous said: "Huss417 said: "Jennifer Holliday on The View today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM4QncjewgY
    "

Did she just...casually drop the n word on national television? "

Yup. I think she said it twice. Glad she said it instead of saying "the n word".