Profile for uncageg

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld uncageg
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: uncageg
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Profile: Live in NJ

Favorite Show(s): Altar Boyz
August: Osage County
Bent
Bombastes Furioso
Caroline, or Change
Curtains
Doubt
Into the Woods
Purlie
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The History Boys
The Homecoming
The Pillowman
The Wiz

Favorite Performer(s): Samuel Barnett
Michael Cerveris
Joanna Gleason
Gideon Glick
Celia Keenan-Bolger
Frances de la Tour
Audra McDonald
Dennis O'Hare

Currently Listening To: What's Inside (Waitress)

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Unsinkable Molly Brown with Beth Malone  Jul 23 2017, 06:03:05 PM

deltatee said: "I saw her in it back in 2014 when it was doing its stint in Denver.  I didn't think the show was in good enough shape at the time to transfer. But Beth Malone was really great in it."

I saw it during the Denver New Play Summit back in 2008-2009. Marc Kudish was in it.

"

• On the Town  Jul 22 2017, 01:16:07 PM

That Chorus Line plaque was a nice find. Brought back memories of when I saw the show and my seats were actually almost right where I sat for it years ago. A very special day at the theater.

• Queen Latifah  Jul 21 2017, 01:53:21 AM

I say Sophia in THE COLOR PURPLE revival. Her name is written all over that part, in my opinion.

• Old folk  Jul 21 2017, 01:46:19 AM

First off, pay attention. We have the world at our fingertips. Yup, people period, don't keep up so I can see people sitting in their seats on a Donna night thinking they are seeing Bette. But if we are keeping up then those people can also and know before they walk into the theater.

As far as Bette is concerned.....I feel she went Hollywood. She in no way acted like a Broadway performer for the Tony Awards, nor did her producer. Her as* should have been out on that stage perf

• What does your name mean?  Jul 20 2017, 04:07:44 PM

What my very young nieces and nephews called me when theh couldn't prounounce L's and R's!

• Old folk  Jul 20 2017, 04:02:26 PM

gypsy101 said: "old people are generally ruder than people younger than them, anyone who has worked in retail or food service can attest to this."

On another planet maybe. Rudeness these days has no age limits.

• What is your avatar?  Jul 19 2017, 01:23:37 PM

Mine is a scene from "Caroline or Change" with Caroline and "the radio".

• THEATER TALK  Jul 19 2017, 01:20:16 PM

I have always gotten the feeling that she just sits back and let's Michael take over. I wish she wouldn't as I have been in her presence and she appears to be a very nice and animated/talkative  person.

• Book of Mormon rush/SRO question - been a while  Jul 18 2017, 05:15:00 PM

I pass by there a lot and there is hardly ever a long line. Walked past today around 3 and there was nobody standing there. I pass by around 6:00 most evenings and usually see anywhere from one to 5 people in line. I see more people in line for Chicago than Mormon most days. Their lottery crowd is not as big as it used to be either.

• Have you seen a live professional production of every Sondheim musical?  Jul 17 2017, 12:37:13 AM

Sweeney Todd

Original Broadway Cast

Broadway Revival

Into The Woods

1st National Tour - Philadelphia -Forrest Theater

Delacort - Shakespeare in the Park

Follies

2011 Broadway revival

A Little Night Music

Central City Opera House - Colorado -2010

Merrily We Roll Along

• What Tony Award Wins Made You the Happiest?  Jul 14 2017, 09:28:17 PM

Anika Noni Rose for Caroline or Change

• Favorite Broadway Musical Flops?  Jul 14 2017, 12:06:23 AM

How did I forget "Merrily We Roll Along"?!! 

Also loved "Shuffle Along". Finally went and got my window card from the show last month.  Fabulous artwork.

• Riedel:  Jul 13 2017, 08:35:20 PM

I feel a trip to Philly coming on in January.

• Anybody know when is the next time theaters will do there benefits for Broadway Cares  Jul 13 2017, 06:32:57 PM

Check their website.

• Favorite Broadway Musical Flops?  Jul 12 2017, 11:56:02 PM

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "And oh my gosh, how could I forget THE VISIT?! Thanks to this show, I can say I saw the legendary Chita Rivera bring the house down live and in person. That whole production was truly unlike anything I'd ever seen on Broadway."

THE VISIT was an incredible evening of theatre. The evening I saw it I ended up walking out with Donna McKechnie who was, of course, in to watch the show before she was to go into it. I told her I would be ba

• 1984 Previews  Jul 12 2017, 02:19:25 PM

Dysquith13 said: "I feel so sorry for the cast and crew of this if they have to hear those shrill noises 8 times a week. If it's any consolation, they might just be numb to it at this point, or they can anticipate the moments and plug their ears.

As someone easily spooked by loud noises in theater, this production sounds like one I'll be steering clear of.

The cast was on Charlie Rose last night and were quite excited about the sound desig

• Euan Morton to play King George in HAMILTON on Broadway  Jul 12 2017, 11:09:55 AM

LizzieCurry said: "You can link directly to a video on FB by clicking on the time stamp and copying that URL.

https://www.facebook.com/IainLovesTheatre/videos/1945825582363871/

The cuteness factor in that video is off the charts! Loved it.

• Favorite Broadway Musical Flops?  Jul 12 2017, 12:36:47 AM

Caroline or Change. A masterpiece. 

• The Great Comet afterlife  Jul 11 2017, 10:29:05 PM

I saw it in the tent in the lot next to the Imperial. It would be nice if they could tour it that way. Of course they would have to find space in each city for a tent. That could be a challenge. 

• Broadway Books  Jul 11 2017, 09:57:32 PM

"Everything Was Possible", in my opinion, is a must read.

I am currently reading "A Chorus Lime and the Musicals of Michael Bennett".