Advertisement

Profile for uncageg

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld uncageg
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: uncageg
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Profile: Live in Denver, CO.

Favorite Show(s): Altar Boyz
August: Osage County
Bent
Bombastes Furioso
Caroline, or Change
Curtains
Doubt
Into the Woods
Purlie
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The History Boys
The Homecoming
The Pillowman
The Wiz

Favorite Performer(s): Samuel Barnett
Michael Cerveris
Joanna Gleason
Gideon Glick
Celia Keenan-Bolger
Frances de la Tour
Audra McDonald
Dennis O'Hare

Currently Listening To: Whisper House, The Frogs, Sunday in the Park with George, In The Heights, Allegro. Promises, Promises, Songs For A New World

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • The Woodsman at NWS  Feb 6 2016, 01:12:50 AM

Upset that I now cannot see it on the 14th. Going for the 21st. I must see this.

• The Woodsman at NWS  Feb 5 2016, 02:49:42 PM

I plan to see it on the 14th of this month.  I think it is doing the 2 for one off-Broadway offer right now. I have one friend who didn't like it and one who gushed over it. It evidentally is not for everyone. There is no real dialogue  from what I understand. A friend described it as a performance piece. There is music and I hear some interesting things done with the sound. I did have a chance to see the set. What they did inside that theater is wonderful. My jaw drop

• Disaster The Musical  Feb 5 2016, 03:16:55 AM

It will.

• Waitress tickets now?  Feb 4 2016, 01:10:23 AM

Something tells me you are coming from Denver! Don't sweat it. I did the szme thing when I lived there and was planning trips to see shows in NYC. I have no crystal ball but I suspect that by the time your performance rolls around, you will be glad you purchased tickets in advance.

• An Adele musical?  Feb 3 2016, 09:12:36 PM

Matt, you forgot to throw in the discount coupon for counseling.

• James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!  Feb 2 2016, 04:32:51 PM

bjh2114 said: "I want his opening to be a carpool karaoke with Broadway stars.

That would be brilliant. And, of course, singing Broadway tunes. My first 2 choices would be Liza and Audra. Chita would be great and if he could snag Sondheim that would be the best! And I bet he could get them to do it.

"

• Hamilton Cancellation Line  Feb 2 2016, 04:23:51 PM

Princess, I had no desire to stay. Don't need to see any show that bad! Plus I had been at work since 8:00am in the morning. I needed a cocktail!

• Hamilton Cancellation Line  Feb 2 2016, 02:31:52 PM

Walked past the theater last night just before 10:00pm and 2 people were already camped out for today. There was a group of teens there also but it wasn't clear if they were getting in line or just hanging out.

• Aaron Tveit as Danny Zuko  Feb 2 2016, 02:08:25 PM

I was fine with Tveit's look for the part but not his performance. I also feel Palmer was miscast. JMO

• NY Attorney General takes aim at high-tech ticket scalpers  Jan 31 2016, 01:21:45 PM

A good book to read onTicketmaster is "TICKETMASTERS - The rise of the concert industry and how the public got scalped". It goes into the Pearl Jam suite. Very interesting read.

• Theatre Companies that Play on Mondays  Jan 29 2016, 08:32:30 PM

All shows at New World Stages, except the Bubble Show, are up on Mondays. The Woodsman just started previews. I hear from its run at 59e59 that it is good. I am seeing it in 2 weeks and can't wait.

• Happy trails Matthew Morrison  Jan 24 2016, 08:48:39 PM

Saw it in previews. Had no desire to see it and got an invite. Loved the show and he was wonderful. So glad I got to hear and see him live. 

• If/then tour stage dooring  Jan 23 2016, 01:52:28 AM

Loved the show. 

• Favorite endings of Sondheim songs  Jan 21 2016, 10:38:49 AM

Jshan05 said: "Anshel2 said: "The end of Sunday makes me cry every time."

I completely agree! Watching this song performed at the Sondheim Birthday Celebration is one of the most beautiful moments on stage in my recent memory. I always feel like the strings are ascending straight into heaven. Beautiful ending to a great song!

I third this!

• Breaking News: CATS to Return to Broadway This Summer; Andy Blankenbuehler Joins Team  Jan 21 2016, 10:34:56 AM

I did not see the original but owned the OBCR. like most of the music. Finally saw it on gour somewhere around 2008-2009. It was awful. The set was like a blow-up thing, which I heard about before seeing it. I will give it another chance as this new production has to be better. Still not a favorite but I want to at least see a decent production of it.

• Breaking News: CATS to Return to Broadway This Summer; Andy Blankenbuehler Joins Team  Jan 21 2016, 10:08:16 AM

Is it me or does the preview period seem short?

• The Play That Goes Wrong  Jan 20 2016, 12:23:27 PM

I stumbled on an article about this show the other day. No dates or theater were mentioned for Broadway. 

• Hamilton Cancellation Line  Jan 19 2016, 06:43:40 AM

Just walked past the theater at 5:00 am (Tues.) and there was already someone in a sleeping blanket at the cancellation line. And it is freezing outside!

• Anyone OVER 'Hamilton' without even seeing it?  Jan 18 2016, 10:07:46 PM

I am getting close to over it. I do want to see it even though, as I have mentioned, I don't care to see Lin in it. The press is bordering on overkill. However, I have not seen any commercial for it on tv. Probably because they don't need one.  I am sure I will just break down and listen to it before I see it.

• The Woodsman at NWS  Jan 18 2016, 06:22:46 PM

They have a website. It is the production that ran at 59e59. Last I heard the same cast will do it at New World. It is based on the books. About how the tin man became the tin man. I missed it at 59e59 and am looking forward to finally getting a chance to see it.

BROADWAYWORLD TV