Profile for uncageg

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld uncageg
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: uncageg
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Profile: Live in Denver, CO.

Favorite Show(s): Altar Boyz
August: Osage County
Bombastes Furioso
Caroline, or Change
Into the Woods
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The History Boys
The Homecoming
The Pillowman
The Wiz

Favorite Performer(s): Samuel Barnett
Michael Cerveris
Joanna Gleason
Gideon Glick
Celia Keenan-Bolger
Frances de la Tour
Audra McDonald
Dennis O'Hare

Currently Listening To: Whisper House, The Frogs, Sunday in the Park with George, In The Heights, Allegro. Promises, Promises, Songs For A New World

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Jeff Daniels & Michelle Williams to Star in Blackbird  Nov 21 2015, 09:03:56 PM

I wanted to see this especially for Alison Pill. Still want to see it though.

• BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period  Nov 21 2015, 06:39:20 PM

Avenue Q has a great t-shirt for 20 bucks that says "DONALD TRUMP IS ONLY FOR NOW" on the front and the orange show logo at the top on the back. Grabbed one last week.

• THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Nov 20 2015, 11:36:52 AM

I was wondering what Geoffrey Holder would think were he still alive.

• BRIGHT STAR Sets Broadway Dates  Nov 20 2015, 10:38:06 AM

I like The Court. Noticed in a video that the band is onstage.

• THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Nov 20 2015, 10:30:26 AM

The costume is nice but I am not crazy about the open front with the boots. I think  things like the red sneakers, those boots and the dreadlocks take some of the fantasy element out of it. JMO

• The Woodsman 59E59  Nov 18 2015, 02:06:48 PM

It is re-opening at New World Stages in January 2016

• Michael Bennett's Attempt to Fix  Nov 17 2015, 08:23:57 PM

ljay889 said: "Have you read Everything is Possible?

A must read.

• THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Nov 16 2015, 03:42:18 AM

teddy1996 said: "It is staying true to the original. The book is just slightly revised. The structure of the original musical remains intact. The only differences between this and the broadway musical is that there is a female wiz, you can't win is replacing born on the day before yesterday, and there is a new song written by elijah kelley, ne-yo, harvey mason jr, and steven ormeus. It is the same musical that people fell in love with it is just a little more modernized. 

• THE COLOR PURPLE Previews  Nov 14 2015, 08:53:19 PM

As an African American who has attended and work in the theatre for many years, I think Blactor hit the nail on the head.

I am, sadly not surprised at this incident. It is horrible and embarrasing to those of us who do not act in this fashion at the theatre, or in public for that matter.

• security for audiences?  Nov 14 2015, 12:04:06 AM

Late news on CNN reported tighter security in Times Square, at bars and restaurants (I think) and Madison Square Garden. 

• THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Nov 13 2015, 01:33:10 PM

Not crazy about the costume. I can only imagine what the citizens of Emerald City will be wearing.

• Carol Burnett offers audition on live TV (1975 - A Chorus Line)  Nov 13 2015, 12:41:00 PM

That was wonderful.

I don't think getting an old lady to host would be the case with her. She's simply a legend.

• Dada Woof Papa Hot previews  Nov 12 2015, 06:19:44 PM

UptownScribe put into words why I have been on the fence about seeing this.

• THE WIZ LIVE on NBC  Nov 12 2015, 10:40:23 AM

Why the changes? The Wiz is now a woman and the have removed an original song and replaced it with a song from the movie. They have also added a new song. From what I have been reading they are saying they will be true to the original. They are not. 

• THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Nov 11 2015, 03:14:29 PM

And she was kinda breathy.

• THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Nov 11 2015, 02:21:14 PM

It was nice to hear Stephanie sing that song again. Yup she still has it cause she never lost it! I seem to remember that for a while back in the 80's and maybe 90's she stopped singing HOME live for a while.

I saw the original stage production on Broadway 3 times. The last time I saw it was near the end of her time in the show and by that time she had taken this song to a place that had people screaming in the theater In the middle of the song. I still have  goosebump

• Restaurant Recomendations near Circle in the Sq, Winter Garden & Marquis?  Nov 9 2015, 11:25:54 AM

DonAntonio's on W 50th right off of 8th. About a minute walk from Circle in the Square and 5 or less minutes from the Winter Garden. Trendy atmosphere. Italian food with some specialty pizzas. Not just pizza.

• Broadway-themed park  Nov 8 2015, 08:22:19 PM

A jukebox musical karaoke bar at night.

• Would you fly two teens from CA to NY to see Hamilton?  Nov 8 2015, 08:10:36 PM

I have to weigh in on the no side. I am not one who agrees with taking kids out of school unless it is a MUST. No matter how well they are doing.

Also you mentioned the financial strain it will put on your family. Affecting a future vacation with your family and meals. I am sorry but it seems to me that it isn't so much about wanting your kids or child to see it as it is you wanting to see it a 3rd time. Maybe you should have saved the money for your second trip alone

• DVR Alert Chita  Nov 7 2015, 06:41:56 PM

It can now be streamed on PBS Video online.