Profile for artscallion

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld artscallion
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: artscallion
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s): A Man of No Importance
Assassins
Cabaret
Company
Floyd Collins
Follies
Grey Gardens
Pacific Overtures
Passion
She Loves Me
Sweeney Todd
The Light in the Piazza

Favorite Performer(s): Ramin Karimloo

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Bad H!mo: How Musical Theatre Tested My Relationship: OUT.com  Jul 25 2016, 02:15:34 PM

The point is clearly that two chubby queens drinking pink cocktails can be the powerful cause of an epiphany, especially when trying to decide which stereotype to hate or be.

• Laura Benanti as Melania Trump  Jul 21 2016, 03:38:45 PM

I thought she did a great job. I just thought the writing was really lame and unfunny. But Colbert's writing, in general, has gone way downhill as they keep trying to change what he does to improve ratings on the new show.

• Possible Jenna Replacements  Jul 14 2016, 07:41:11 PM

The movie is set in the deep south according to both the Wikipedia and the IMDB page. The musical website and the Wiki page only refer to a small town. I won't be seeing the play for another month. So I can't speak to the playbill.

• HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Jul 12 2016, 08:04:32 AM

LizzieCurry said: "Interesting: https://twitter.com/spauldzilla/status/752253805845032960"

Cervantes is a terrific performer. I saw him play Batboy in Boston back in 2002. brought the house down. He was also in the recent production of Giant at the Public.

• SHE LOVES ME closes this afternoon - remembering its three Broadway bows through pictures  Jul 10 2016, 10:24:35 PM

I was there this afternoon. Jane did her split without any problems. The cast, as others have said were on fire, as was the audience. Everyone got enthusiastic entrance applause and great audience response throughout.

Zachary not only cried through the end of his last scene, but through the extended curtain call as well. The Entire cast cried, but most stopped when the speeches began. Zachary continued crying til he left the stage at the end. It was very moving.

• John McMartin has passed  Jul 7 2016, 06:55:09 AM

Saw him in Into The Woods and Grey Gardens. And enjoyed him over the years on many cast recordings and videos. A great loss.

• Broadway Before & After  Jul 6 2016, 11:10:12 AM

South Pacific Overtures

• Broadway Before & After  Jul 6 2016, 10:58:26 AM

Cell Block Tango Tragique

• Broadway Before & After  Jul 6 2016, 10:05:40 AM

Ann Miller's Son

• What to Wear to a Broadway Show  Jun 30 2016, 07:12:50 AM

Here's what I'll be wearing in the Hamilton Cancellation line for the holiday weekend. Hope this helps!

• Riedel on Hamilton making other shows close fast  Jun 28 2016, 05:53:10 PM

I wanted to see Hamilton, but won't pay the ridiculous prices or endure the ridiculous lines. So my money went to three other shows this Summer, Waitress, She Loves Me and Fun Home. I'm sure there are more people like me than there are those that will pay $800+ for one ticket to anything.

• Ogie in Waitress (contains Spoilers)  Jun 27 2016, 08:42:59 AM

The signs are certainly there with Ogie in the lyrics to the song. But I disagree about abusive men. I've known and seen many, many that start a relationship as charming as pie. It's part of the conflict that traps the woman. The signs are there. But they're subtle. She thinks she's misinterpreting things. The abuse/control slowly increases. She can't reconcile the abuse with the man she thinks she knows and loves. She thinks she must be misinterpreting it. She starts to t

• MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END  Jun 27 2016, 08:30:51 AM

Why don't they just have the simple rule that the line for a performance cannot begin to form until such a point when there will be no reason for the line to disperse. In other words, the line for the 8pm show cannot begin to form until 1/2 hour after the matinee has ended. If there is no matinee, it cannot begin to form until open of business that morning. That way the line is the line and if you leave, you lose.

As to the OP. I think the moment she turned down the matinee, she fo

• Ogie in Waitress (contains Spoilers)  Jun 27 2016, 06:57:52 AM

Perhaps they are showing us, through Dawn, how easy it is to fall for a type like this, thus explaining how Jenna ended up with such a jerk. Earl was probably more like Ogie in the beginning of their relationship.

• What famous play has a make butcher in it (possibly named Marty)  Jun 22 2016, 08:09:13 PM

Agree with Back Row. It was pretty good, but not great. Needed some work.

It's a really difficult story to musicalize. Marty is shy, awkward, insecure, everything that musical leads are usually not. It can be done. (Little Edie, Fosca, Elphaba) But the music can't be mopey in an effort to keep in character. It still needs to be big/intense to hold our attention and convey inner feelings. Edie, etc. were social outcasts in their own way. but their songs convey what they'

• What famous play has a make butcher in it (possibly named Marty)  Jun 22 2016, 06:26:41 PM

Yes. I saw it at the Huntington Theatre in Boston several years ago. It starred John C Reilly. I don't think it ever went anywhere beyond that.

• Looking for wedding ceremony song  Jun 22 2016, 11:28:41 AM

"Always" is a popular song written by Irving Berlin in 1925, as a wedding gift for his wife. The song was supposed to be used for the Broadway musical The Cocoanuts but was cut by Berlin during out-of-town tryouts. I used this at my wedding. Would be lovely with piano/cello

• Adblocker woes  Jun 21 2016, 10:37:55 AM

When I get the popup telling me to close my adblocker, I just click the box that says something like "I understand, I've disabled my adblocker. Let me in." (even though I didn't) and it lets me continue on to the site with no ads.
    I only have to do this when i first come to the site. I don't get the popup again until I leave the site and come back again.

• A Possible Solution to Cellphones in Theaters  Jun 20 2016, 05:59:27 PM

It's just a discussion. And, after all, this is a discussion board. Do you want every thread to end once you've given your response?

• A Possible Solution to Cellphones in Theaters  Jun 20 2016, 03:47:27 PM

Intermission is the biggest stumbling block. How do you control 1500 people who want their phone unlocked, then control them from going back to their seat with it still unlocked? Do you watch them as they make their calls and make sure they all get back in line to re-lock? Do you keep them in a pen while they make their calls and have them re-locked when exiting the pen? And do this all in 15 minutes so you don't have long lines of people trying to get back in their seats after the 2nd ac

BROADWAYWORLD TV