Profile for artscallion

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld artscallion
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: artscallion
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s): A Man of No Importance
Assassins
Cabaret
Company
Floyd Collins
Follies
Grey Gardens
Pacific Overtures
Passion
She Loves Me
Sweeney Todd
The Light in the Piazza

Favorite Performer(s): Ramin Karimloo

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Your Favorite Broadway YouTube Clips  May 20 2016, 11:32:42 AM

There's a great clip of Nathan Lane and Faith Prince doing Sue Me from Guys and Dolls. Shows them both at their very best.

• Laura Benanti chides people for not applauding  May 20 2016, 08:47:43 AM

Anyone who owns a TV understands the concept of applauding after a number. You see it in concerts, sit-coms, dramas, school dance recitals, everywhere. People are not applauding because they don't want to. Not because they don't understand the practice.

• Laura Benanti chides people for not applauding  May 20 2016, 06:59:51 AM

It's like asking your honey to give you flowers. If you have to ask, how much are they really worth?

• Doubt - an answer (spoiler)  May 16 2016, 02:09:50 PM

I think it's a disservice to the audience if a particular director/actor directs/acts the show in such a way that it makes you feel you can guess guilt or innocence. I feel they should direct you towards doubt, not conclusion. As Henrik says, that is the whole point of the play, not whether he did it, but how you deal with suspicion when set against doubt.

• Hamilton Tix Horror Story -  May 16 2016, 06:28:16 AM

You're in the NY Times...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/14/theater/hamilton-takes-steps-to-limit-the-resale-of-its-tickets.html

• Hamilton Tickets Off Craigslist - Check Validity  May 11 2016, 08:57:34 PM

brando193 said: "Ok I took the pic down."

FYI the pic is still there.

• Under-active composers  May 10 2016, 12:34:48 PM

Love it! I've seen hundreds of shows over the years, and having Ms Clarke sing Fable straight at me in the 3rd row of the Vivian Beaumont is still the highlight of my theatre going career. And a production of Floyd Collins at the Speakeasy Stage in Boston is what got me to subscribe to them for the past 15 years or so.
    Please give us more!

• What will they perform at the Tonys?  May 4 2016, 04:29:59 PM

MCfan2 said: "...I still remember the last time She Loves Me was featured at the Tonys -- Boyd Gaines did the title song. They might go for a medley this time, though."

The last revival did a medley of "I don't Know His name" and the title song. I remember it because it's what got me interested in a show that's now one of my all-time faves.

• What will they perform at the Tonys?  May 4 2016, 04:29:58 PM

MCfan2 said: "...I still remember the last time She Loves Me was featured at the Tonys -- Boyd Gaines did the title song. They might go for a medley this time, though."

The last revival did a medley of "I don't Know His name" and the title song. I remember it because it's what got me interested in a show that's now one of my all-time faves.

• Patti Murin in Frozen  May 3 2016, 02:16:46 PM

Will they send me to...Murintown?

• Patti Murin in Frozen  May 3 2016, 01:39:38 PM

• Patti Murin in Frozen  May 3 2016, 11:15:08 AM

Don't know if I'm elated or gassy.

• Cell Phone Nightmare: Laura Benanti Stops the Show  May 3 2016, 10:50:27 AM

I think a performer addressing it from the stage is actually less distracting. If a phone rings during a quiet, important moment and no one addresses it, I'm left to sit there and stew about how annoying it was and how the moment was ruined by some moron. On the other hand, if an actor deals with it from the stage, I have the satisfaction of knowing the moron got his/hers and I can let the moment go and get right back into the play without dwelling on it.

• GREY GARDENS off-broadway vs obc cast album?  Apr 29 2016, 01:55:03 PM

I also prefer the Broadway album for Davie's performance. But I enjoy the Off as well for the different songs.

• Hamilton is the greatest musical since RENT?  Apr 16 2016, 04:15:36 PM

And The Producers.

• SHE LOVES ME extends until 7/10  Apr 14 2016, 01:02:17 PM

This is perfect! One of my fave musicals but I didn't think I'd get to see it. 7/10 is my birthday. So I took it as a sign and snatched up 3rd row center. This will be a great birthday!

• SPOILER Waitress SPOILER  Apr 11 2016, 06:55:40 PM

"And, of course, I have my issue with the directorial/acting choices to make Earl an abuser. "

Seriously, this is not a directorial/acting choice. No one here can have the script to quote passages to you to prove this. But this is NOT the story you want it to be. It is based on a movie which is specifically about her struggle to escape from an abusive husband who is specifically physically threatening, and start her life over. Watch the movie. It's clear as a bell.
    <

• SPOILER Waitress SPOILER  Apr 11 2016, 03:12:57 PM

He's definitely controlling in the script. Controlling is a very serious type of abuse.

I'm not sure why you think it's more interesting to leave someone because you don't think they're right for you. That happens to millions of people every day. I find it much more interesting to see an abused woman break free from the manipulative pattern abusers use of alternating terror with smothering "love". It's much less common for people to escape that dyn

• How many people on these boards work in theatre?  Mar 22 2016, 11:05:07 AM

Been working in theatre for about 25 years. Currently a poster designer and marketing director.

• Most Beautiful Touring Theatres  Mar 3 2016, 11:39:43 AM

http://www.jwoolf.com/portfolios/theaterinteriors/

Here's a link to a lot of the great old touring house interiors and lobbies.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

COUNTDOWN CLOCK