BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for artscallion
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: artscallion
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s): A Man of No Importance
Assassins
Cabaret
Company
Floyd Collins
Follies
Grey Gardens
Pacific Overtures
Passion
She Loves Me
Sweeney Todd
The Light in the Piazza

Favorite Performer(s): Ramin Karimloo

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • annoyed, disappointed, bitter about having to see Finding Neverland without Matthew Morrison  May 10 2015, 07:07:28 PM

I went to Wicked back in its first year.  Idina, Kristen, Norbert, Joel Gray and Carol Shelley were all out.  Some sick, some on planned days off that I wasn't aware of.  So you were saying...

• Which shows did you really want to like, but...  May 8 2015, 08:29:00 AM

Book of Mormon.  I really thought I would like it.  And it's not that I didn't like it. It was good. But I was underwhelmed.  Probably my expectations were too high because of all the hype. Hype is a double edged sword.

• Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here  Apr 28 2015, 08:41:33 AM

http://www.tonyawards.com/index.html

• Carolee Carmello  Apr 28 2015, 06:19:49 AM

Loved her in Hello Again.  She can really act a song.

• The Heckler: Why I'm allergic to Stephen Sondheim  Mar 22 2015, 02:43:37 PM
    "And has he ever written a world class song?"

"Send in the Clowns"
  • Rob Marshall to Bring FOLLIES to the Big Screen?  Mar 19 2015, 09:41:44 AM
    She was overwrought and not in good voice. At the performance I saw, she actually dropped to her knees wringing her hands and wailing during Losing My Mind. And that was one of the more subtle moments in her performance.
  • Songs with layered parts?  Mar 10 2015, 08:45:10 AM
    Poison in My Pocket - Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder

• The Bridges of Madison County New Logo  Mar 7 2015, 08:55:14 AM
    I like everything about it except for the bridge itself. It looks more like a big metal Winnebago, than an old wooden bridge.
  • Song Suggestions  Mar 3 2015, 11:38:42 AM
    If a Girl Isn't Pretty - Funny Girl

Children and Art - Sunday in the Park with George

Several songs from The Rink
  • Paper Mill Playhouse Reveals 2015-16 Season with Teaser Image!  Feb 13 2015, 05:03:07 PM
    and for what it's worth, those guys carrying the table look like they're moving IN, not OUT, as they're carrying it toward the building.
  • Paper Mill Playhouse Reveals 2015-16 Season with Teaser Image!  Feb 13 2015, 05:00:54 PM
    Juno and the Paycock. (weddings...June...Juno) (paycock is the formal phonetic spelling of peacock)

The gazebo could be The Homecoming
  • Why is homosexuaity still news today?  Feb 7 2015, 07:22:45 PM
    "So if a person exclusively is attracted to people of their gender and is sexually attracted to nobody, you wouldn't think they are gay? Even if they identify as such?"

Correct. I consider gay to be a non-clinical term, synonymous with homosexual that indicates sexual attraction. If they are not sexually attracted to the same sex I would not consider them gay or homosexual.

Now if they are sexually attracted to the same sex but choose to remain celibate, that's differen
  • Why is homosexuaity still news today?  Feb 7 2015, 05:42:09 PM
    "There are people who are only romantically, and not sexually, attracted to their gender, so the word "gay" would apply to them, while "homosexual" would not."

This is a new one on me. I would not consider this person gay.
  • Pacific Overtures  Feb 5 2015, 08:52:59 AM
    I saw an interview with Sondheim once where he explained that the show is written from the perspective of a Japanese man who has come to the USA and seen Broadway shows. He then returns to Japan and tries to write a show about the history of Japan in the American Broadway style. Of course we then have the added layer, as Eric suggests, that this concept is being written by Americans with no Japanese heritage.
    So we have Americans trying to write as Japanese trying to write as Americans.
  • Ticket problem....helping friends  Feb 3 2015, 09:17:27 AM
    I had to sell tickets here once for full price when my husband got pneumonia. I had no problem. They paypal-ed the money and I emailed the pdf ticket to them.

If you're worried about being left waiting at the theater for someone who never shows up, either have them paypal in advance or give them a deadline time to meet. Let them know that if they aren't there by 20 minutes to curtain you will attempt to sell the tickets to someone else at the theater.
  • Why does the witch have to climb Rapunzel's hair?  Jan 31 2015, 07:25:45 AM
    Well if you're going to get picky, a better question would be why didn't Rapunzel tie the far end of her hair to something and use it to climb down herself and then cut herself free?
  • Bryce Pinkham replacement?  Jan 22 2015, 12:46:59 PM
    Has anyone here seen Kready since he's taken over?
  • Verbal abuse in the audience  Jan 21 2015, 04:48:57 PM
    I'm 6' and my husband is 6'4". So I'm conscious that might make it difficult for people behind us in a theatre. So I intentionally sit low in my seat and try not to bob my head around so the folks behind us aren't having to dodge around trying to see between us. It's part of being in a public space. You have to be considerate of how your presence effects those around you.

I wonder if it just never occurred to the girl that her hair would be an issue. So she was embarrassed when it
  • Theater vs. Theatre  Jan 7 2015, 01:02:42 PM
    Like jmplayer6 I use theater for the building, theatre for the concept.
  • Musical characters that have an  Dec 29 2014, 08:16:32 AM