Profile for artscallion

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld artscallion
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: artscallion
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s): A Man of No Importance
Assassins
Cabaret
Company
Floyd Collins
Follies
Grey Gardens
Pacific Overtures
Passion
She Loves Me
Sweeney Todd
The Light in the Piazza

Favorite Performer(s): Ramin Karimloo

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • GYPSY on PBS  Nov 14 2016, 04:16:42 PM

She was a cross between Fozzi Bear and Lewis Black. I'm sure direction was the problem. In Harry Potter she demonstrated that she could do both subtle, charming manipulation and the big finish drama. So we know it's possible for her to be small and work her way up to big. Granted that's film and this is theatre being filmed. But the filming director should have been able to reign her in for those two nights.

• War Paint tickets/website  Nov 4 2016, 02:05:03 PM

Ugh on the graphics. They look like the Coneheads from SNL.

• Amexx offer code?  Nov 4 2016, 10:21:22 AM

Tickets go on sale today only to American Express card holders. You need a code to access the sale. often it is the phone number listed on the back of your Amex card. Or you can log into your Amex account on their website and access special deals and codes there.

• Show tunes or lines that describe the election  Nov 3 2016, 03:25:11 PM
    Yet still I am content and I am not the least bit mad...
    No, I'm not here to harm you; I only want to KILL!
    You shall have your monster- I shall drink my fill!
    At last I am embracing my bloody destiny!
    Dear mom and dad, this face will be
    The last thing that you ever see!
    Revenge will be a home for me
  • Please take this one question Broadway survey  Nov 3 2016, 02:22:31 PM

Insert hand into BWW, pull back bloody stump.
    But yeah, the question needs to be rephrased to make sense.

• Laura Michelle Kelly & Jose Llana to Lead THE KING & I National Tour!  Oct 30 2016, 08:13:19 PM

Same gorgeous curtain. Hard to appreciate in pics, but in person, it's shimmery and vivid and lit from behind.

• Laura Michelle Kelly & Jose Llana to Lead THE KING & I National Tour!  Oct 30 2016, 07:10:41 PM

Saw the first tour performance this afternoon. Bartlett Sher came out at the beginning to welcome us and ask for our patience and understanding since this was only the second run through after tech and the first run through had to be stopped 8 times for safety reasons.
    I'm used to this because many tours begin in Providence and the first performance or two are always bumpy.

This performance though, was smooth as silk with lots of energy, no stops or problems and tons of talent

• The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread  Oct 23 2016, 08:52:28 PM

What a tone deaf waste of time. They just didn't seem to get it. At any rate, there was absolutely no need to remake this. The original was perfect as is. Why try to outdo perfection?

• Miss Saigon helicopter question  Oct 19 2016, 02:57:16 PM

The last time I saw it on tour, the chopper was a screen projection. It was pretty effective. But I was disappointed that it was not the "real" chopper i"d seen in previous tours.

• Jessie Mueller and Matinees?  Oct 5 2016, 02:56:20 PM

I've traveled from out of town to NYC and see four or five shows a year for the past 15 years. so that's close to 75 shows. We always do  matinees exclusively. In all those years I've only had one occasion when a lead or featured actor was out, Wicked, back when it was new. Idina, Kristin, Norbert, Joel and Carole were all out. Hasn't happened again. So, you see how avoiding matinees because of one instance doesn't make sense? If you went to one evening performance an

• Jessie Mueller and Matinees?  Oct 4 2016, 03:52:46 PM

Went on a Sunday Mat. Entire cast was on.

• Vocal Dubbing in the Film Version of INTO THE WOODS  Sep 26 2016, 06:51:57 AM

Just rewatched this last night and I can definitely hear what people are talking about. I didn't noticed it when I first watched the film. But last night all I could hear was Donna Murphy. Of course that doesn't convince me of anything. Artificial manipulation of Meryl's singing could have resulted in that.

On another note, I don't remember it being mentioned in discussions before, but did anyone notice the few bars of The Night Waltz from ALNM played when we see the gu

• Fired from new off-B'way show  Sep 21 2016, 04:16:54 PM

The Workaround Roundabout Reacharound Theatre Company

• CZJ won the Tony really?  Sep 18 2016, 02:47:17 PM

Zeta-Jones was really wonderful in ALNM.  My theory is that Catherine was used to a small house, suddenly thrust into the vastness that is Radio City Music Hall, trying to play to the mile-away rafters and close-up cameras. I think the same thing happened this past year, to some degree, with Jessie Mueller's performance in the Beacon. She was all kinds of herky-jerky, grabbing at the couch and stumbling around, FAR more so than she is at the much smaller Brooks Atkinson.

• WAR PAINT - Pre-Broadway Thread  Sep 16 2016, 01:15:57 PM

apropos of nothing, I was just in the Sleepy Hollow cemetery (of Washington Irving and Headless Horseman fame) in Sleepy Hollow, NY last week and saw that Elizabeth Arden was buried there. It's a completely plain, small grave marker in the midst of many other small. plain markers in a random field. Her name on the marker is Elizabeth Graham, a combination of her real (Florence Nightingale Graham) and business (Elizabeth Arden) names.

I can't find any explanation of why one of t

• Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS  Sep 10 2016, 07:24:43 PM

Saw the matinee today. Jenna still in. 

• Lady Gaga confirmed for A STAR IS BORN  Aug 17 2016, 09:15:55 AM

Sally Durant Plummer said: "I only wish they would keep "The Man That Got Away" from the original."

Sally, "The Man That Got Away" is not from the original. It is from the 1954 remake. The 1937 original (1932 if you consider "What Price Hollywood" the original" was not a musical.

• Sondheim-Favorite Artist Song Performances  Aug 12 2016, 12:53:43 PM

Audra McDonald's - The Glamorous Life. She's done it many times, including the 80th birthday celebration. But this particular rendition is absolute perfection.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x302ukt

• Best 11 o'clock number?  Aug 2 2016, 09:44:49 AM

The Miller's Son, in its own way. It's a show stopper, and it also fits Gaveston's second definition in that it is a reflection and commentary on what's come before it, giving us a different perspective in denouement to follow. Yet it's done by a minor character.

• People Are Dressing Like Slobs: Elizabeth Vincentelli  Aug 1 2016, 10:32:40 AM

I respect the performers immensely. At the same time, I wear what I wear. What I wear has nothing to do with the way I feel about anyone, in the same way that wearing a suit doesn't make you a better worker than wearing jeans and a mohawk. These things are all relics of the past. People are slowly beginning to understand that these superficial things don't amount to a hill of beans.

When I travel to NYC to see a show, I'm taking a 4 hour train ride, walking around in the he