Profile for SNAFU

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld SNAFU
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: SNAFU
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Wednesday Addams Character Study and Audition ;)  Jul 3 2017, 03:18:26 PM

Brody Fosse, yes I am aware of that. Most face make-up had a greenish cast to them because it made the black and white flesh tones look a lot better.  It is just startling to see the actual set in the colors they used.

• Wednesday Addams Character Study and Audition ;)  Jul 2 2017, 09:09:01 PM

• Wednesday Addams Character Study and Audition ;)  Jul 2 2017, 09:06:22 PM

Brody Fosse, that gif made me smile from ear to ear! LOVE her and the show. Was startled to find out the set was actually oink!

• Wednesday Addams Character Study and Audition ;)  Jul 2 2017, 03:46:33 PM

Having read this entire threat, people maturely answered you original question with some, I would say, straight forward and practical advice. All of it good. There was no being rude or bullying. If you are going to get into theatre you have to have a thick skin. It is best to listen to people who offer advise from experience. It might very well help you avoid disappointment and hurt down the road. LISTEN to the Cast recording, get an idea for yourself of your interpretation of the charac

• M. BUTTERFLY Fall 2017 Broadway Revival, Directed by Julie Taymor  Jun 15 2017, 11:15:46 PM

CavesonPS. I have never seen M. Butterfly. Not really familiar with the story. I know however, having worked with Taymor and seeing her work and watching (and dealing with) the gears turning, she is NOT an actor's director. She cannot deal with emmotions on stage. Oh she can make some pretty arresting stage pictures and tableaux but human interactions and emotions not so much.

I expect this to be stunning moments with story lines and dialogue strpped away to get to the next s

• Delta Airlines pulls sponsorship from Public Theater because of Trump-inspired Julius Caesar  Jun 13 2017, 04:04:35 PM

The cynic in me questions if Bank of America would act the same if Trump weren't trying to roll back banking regulations.... hmmm.

• M. BUTTERFLY Fall 2017 Broadway Revival, Directed by Julie Taymor  Jun 13 2017, 01:01:41 AM

I hope the Producers gave deep pockets! Taymor is not one known for staying anywhere near budget.

• THE OFFICIAL 2017 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 12 2017, 01:05:11 PM

I don't have fangs out. I really have no opinion of Midler, honestly. I am not into Diva worship. She farts, I will tell you it stinks. Won't rave about the bouquet because it is Bette.

• THE OFFICIAL 2017 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 12 2017, 11:02:35 AM

I also found Midler's acceptance speech; uncomfortable, pretentious, and disrespectful. I turned the show off halfway through her ramble.

• Rank the Tony performances  Jun 12 2017, 10:58:31 AM

For what it is worth, you have to give David Hyde Pearce props for having the balls to get out there and giving it his all.

• THE OFFICIAL 2017 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 11 2017, 11:19:28 PM

Bette tha Anti Marion Seldes!

• replacements  Jun 10 2017, 01:46:45 PM

Marin Maze - Man of La Mancha.

ETA: in the recent revival.

• Shows with the best Scenic Design?  May 28 2017, 06:43:35 PM

MichelleCraig, Sweeny Todd, Ragtime, Wicked, all Eugene Lee. He also did Showboat. He seems to know how to deal with the barn that is the Gershwin. (I know Ragtime wasn't there, that was at The Ford but still a barn).

• Things about WICKED that are annoying  May 22 2017, 03:40:51 PM

The conceit for the Stage Design was that you are actually watching the story told by the Time Dragon Clock. The clock work mechanical traveling cart that shows the truth. That is the reason for the dragon, the large clock face dial and all the gears and machinations and the whole proscenium design. That is why (in the sit down productions) you see the people operating it with pulleys and ropes. It was a nod to the source material which sort of frames the novel.

• La LuPone gives her unvarnished opinion of Donald Trump  May 20 2017, 11:40:51 AM

She really must stop repressing her feelings. It will make her ill.

• NBC's next live musical...JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR  May 17 2017, 02:24:45 AM

Mryna for Magdelene! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg7uGL6Ku20

• OUTER CRITICS CIRCLE AWARDS 2017  Apr 26 2017, 11:54:26 AM

Yes bjh2114, it was, however it is no longer running so voters will not have a chance to see it. Too many times I have seen unworthy shows win just because of their commercial value and not so much their artistry.

• OUTER CRITICS CIRCLE AWARDS 2017  Apr 25 2017, 08:52:38 PM

what bothers me with these awards is that they nominate Broadway and Off Broadway shows together. I mean seriously how is Finian's Rainbow going to compete with the big budget Broadway revivals?

• CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Reviews  Apr 23 2017, 08:34:59 PM

So sad. The story itself is such fertile ground!

I have to agree Dramamama. I laughed at some of the lines!

• What performance do critics attend?  Apr 20 2017, 06:40:43 PM

If a show ran till 11 PM when was the final press? It would have been for the next days morning paper.I believe critics pretty much, have always seen the show before opening night and have their reviews written. They were released after the curtain came down with the first morning publication (which in olden days) were typeset and printed the night of the Opening. There might have been a few who did the opening night thing but the papers would not have been available till the wee hours.<