Profile for SNAFU

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld SNAFU
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: SNAFU
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Streetcar Named Desire at St. Ann's  May 26 2016, 12:40:19 AM

Saw this production tonight. It was my first time seeing Streetcar on stage. Dear lord I wish it wasn't! I really did not like this production. The set design was atrocious! Removing the story from it's time and place really sort of destroys Tennessee William's themes. Today if Blanche's boyfriend was caught with his older friend he would leave the party and go shopping at Ikea! Oh, wait, THAT was the reason for the set design. Anderson's acting was pretty incredible even

• Saddest Bway Performances  May 23 2016, 09:31:13 PM

The entire last 15 minutes of Grey Gardens. From "welcome to Grey Gardens" till the end.

• Pop stars you want to write a show  May 23 2016, 03:53:22 AM

If he were still alive, though not a Pop Star, I would say Lou Reed and John Kale. Their songs for Drella was really quite extraordinary.

• SIGNATURE PLAYS-Albee, Fornes, Kennedy  May 19 2016, 09:45:07 PM

I did prosthetic head pieces for Signature's Production of Drowning a few years back. Fun stuff!

http://www.offoffoff.com/theater/1999/images/muddrowning2.gif

• Censorship on the BWW Boards  May 15 2016, 09:40:17 PM

Jesus, what a bunch of thin skinned whiners! I guess this is the new face of BBW! Boo Hoo Pal Joey didn't like your text formatting. Grow a pair!

• Lullabies from musicals?  May 9 2016, 01:56:43 PM

Although it is sung about her Birthday, "Little Lamb"

from Gypsy is very much a lullaby.

• When I started going to the theatre...  May 8 2016, 10:21:50 PM

Urinals also take up a lot less room then stalls. You can stand shoulder to shoulder at urinals. you can't sit shoulder to shoulders in stalls. Even if women''s room did have more stalls, I believe there would still be a line. Women's fashion and plumbing just require more time. Unisex bathrooms might be the answer.

• When I started going to the theatre...  May 8 2016, 09:48:01 PM

In the 1970's a one bedroom apartment in Brooklyn was $175.00. The 80's a 300 square foot studio was $395. Today the Studio is $2,400 the one bedroom is $2,475. I wonder how much Theatre rents have changed since the 1960's-1990's? I wonder how much performers salaries have raised over the time? Bringing a weekly paycheck of $275-$320 in the mid to late 70's $20-$25 for an orchestra seat was rather high. It is all relative.

• Frozen  May 7 2016, 12:27:17 PM

Hey guys, just stopped in to say I really like the show 60 Days on A&E, does anyone have any suggestions as to which Musical I might enjoy while visiting NY?

• Censorship on the BWW Boards  May 2 2016, 10:32:44 PM

"Can't the mods come up with a safeword to use when the snark is getting a bit too intense for them?!Can't the mods come up with a safe word to use when the snark is getting a bit too intense for them?!"

How about,"We're getting' close to going' Patti Murrain on yo azz?"

The boards have become a mere shell of what they once were. Even with the newly added Pulitzer ready articles on shows if you like Reality TV.<

• Betsy Wolfe Tapped to play Elsa in Frozen the Musical  Apr 20 2016, 04:11:08 PM

Ha! Read it as Trapped!

• Doris Roberts Passes Away at Age 90  Apr 18 2016, 10:18:14 PM

R.I.P. You will be missed. Thank you for the laughs. 90 is a pretty awesome run!

• Cats Protest--May 4th  Apr 8 2016, 09:10:23 PM

Actually it is a BRILLIANT marketing ploy! Congrats!

• How old is Norma?  Apr 6 2016, 01:10:39 PM

Diet, smoking, drinking and general life style can age you Roxy. If you don't take care of yourself you can age quite rapidly. Some are however blessed with good genes. Take A RECENT EXAMPLE Doris Day! In the 50s many looked older then their actual age.

• Patty Duke RIP  Mar 29 2016, 12:51:16 PM

They are reporting sepsis from a ruptured intestine as cause of death. R.I.P. Sad news indeed.

• When did Ice Cream become Vanilla Ice Cream  Mar 19 2016, 08:23:32 PM

I would assume when they added Vanilla bean to it for flavoring. Before that it was sweet  cream ice cream, which you can still buy. They do taste different.

• when a show dies what happens to everything  Mar 7 2016, 06:13:09 PM

I know this from having worked on ALL of the WICKED productions world-wide. Our Dragon and Oz head goes into storage if a show closes. There are two different stage designs. One for a sit down, where the dragon is a marionette, one that is adjustable where the dragon is automated. So yes, I am serious. Successful shows like WICKED store and save pretty much everything.

• when a show dies what happens to everything  Mar 7 2016, 12:20:55 AM

Yeah for shows that don't tour almost everything gets tossed. Sometimes costumes are donated to costume collections that can be rented. Donating that stuff can be a ta right off. Successful shows like Wicked will put stuff into storage as backup for the other shows running new productions (see Brazil).

• Need help with an odd request  Mar 2 2016, 02:41:05 PM

Vintner on the Roof!

• Questions for Roxy  Feb 27 2016, 07:54:07 PM

Phantom, Rent, Lion King and Wicked had Hamilton's impact, as did Book of Mormon. There are many other shows in the past, that had similar hysteria. It has gotten more intense in recent years with Social Media and word of mouth.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

COUNTDOWN CLOCK