Profile for SNAFU

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld SNAFU
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: SNAFU
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • What performance do critics attend?  Apr 20 2017, 06:40:43 PM

If a show ran till 11 PM when was the final press? It would have been for the next days morning paper.I believe critics pretty much, have always seen the show before opening night and have their reviews written. They were released after the curtain came down with the first morning publication (which in olden days) were typeset and printed the night of the Opening. There might have been a few who did the opening night thing but the papers would not have been available till the wee hours.<

• Good shows for high schoolers to perform?  Apr 19 2017, 09:07:20 PM

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum.

• Sunset Boulevard or Amélie  Feb 20 2017, 02:50:20 PM

HELL, the movie has Buster Keaton, Cecil B DeMille and Hedda Hopper making cameos in it. You can't beat that! Wasn't particularly fond of the musical first time around (Saw Betty Buckley in the role). I have heard that this is somewhat of a stripped down version and that Glen Close was worth the price of admission. I will probably just rent the movie.

• Irish Rep's The Emperor Jones to return  Feb 17 2017, 05:19:31 PM

Just checked. Previews start March 1, opens on the 12th.

• Irish Rep's The Emperor Jones to return  Feb 16 2017, 10:06:56 PM

Yeah John Douglas Thompson, when asked awhile back to reprise the role, sort of said "Been there done that." I have been too busy Dusting off, repairing and rebuilding to sit in on a rehearsal. However from what I am hearing, Mr Abili is going to knock it out of the park as well.

• Irish Rep's The Emperor Jones to return  Feb 16 2017, 08:37:59 PM

Irish Rep is remounting the Emperor Jones by Eugene O'Neil. I believe previews begin the first or second week of March. I am very proud of this piece! Sort of a self promo here. Shill if you will. Got to design all the apparitions and Hunts. It is actually more revelevant in todays political clime then when we put it up 8 years ago! Imagine, A self proclaimed Emperor's slow descent into madness.

• Broadway Actors who went to your school.  Feb 15 2017, 09:52:08 PM

Patti Lupone went to my High School, Northport's own¡ She was a few year ahead of me but I rmember a daywhen she came into my Jr High's lunchroom and belted out a couple lines fro a show they were doing at the High School to drum up audience.

• nudity on broadway  Dec 27 2016, 05:07:17 PM

Didn't Lithgow appear naked in M Butterfly? Or was it another play he was in?

• Tommy the Musical - any talks of a revival?  Dec 26 2016, 03:25:19 PM

I may be mistaken, I haven't seen the movie

in ages, but isn't Elton John singing about Tommy being the Pin Ball Wizard?

• The rockettes to perform at the Dons inauguration  Dec 23 2016, 01:28:57 PM

Wrong, exactly! They are Headlining the Inauguration. People will tune into see them. They will be on television worldwide. Restaurant staff are NOT headlining and not drawing public attention.

• The rockettes to perform at the Dons inauguration  Dec 23 2016, 01:11:57 PM

• The rockettes to perform at the Dons inauguration  Dec 23 2016, 01:09:48 PM

They are already in rehearsals!

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/springtime-for-hitler.gif

• RIP Florence Henderson  Nov 25 2016, 03:14:31 AM

2016 is really sucking! R.I.P. Mrs Brady!

Mickdiflo.com

• RIP Charmian Carr  Sep 19 2016, 01:11:00 PM

She will be forever young because of that movie!

• Lion King: is it getting worse?  Sep 1 2016, 09:15:48 AM

I saw it years ago and felt the same thing. The show really lacks emotion.

• Gene Wilder Passes Away  Aug 29 2016, 04:33:08 PM

How has no one posted this yet? R.I.P!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2pt2-F2j2g

• M. BUTTERFLY Spring 2017 Broadway Revival, Directed by Julie Taymor  Aug 13 2016, 07:03:10 PM

Schizophrenic directing. Julie cannot direct feelings or emotions. Many actors have a problem with her. She can make beautiful stage pictures but the story falls through the cracks. These stage pictures most times have nothing at all to do with the story. Then they are clumsily linked together with the text. I used to be in awe of her work, however after seeing many productions I now come away with a feeling she is holding the  piece at arms distance wondering how she pee on it to m

• M. BUTTERFLY Spring 2017 Broadway Revival, Directed by Julie Taymor  Aug 13 2016, 06:09:37 PM

Oh, Copulating Japanese cross dressers on wires! Can't wait!

• Is The Wiz still coming to Broadway?  Jul 18 2016, 11:04:11 AM

The sets are still in storage at Grumman Studios.

• Irish Rep  Jul 4 2016, 09:17:51 AM

I know that their small theatre in the basement is also in the process of being redone to be a more traditional Black Box. I have seen some wonderful shows down there.