BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for nasty_khakis
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: nasty_khakis
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 1 - 8
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
Cabaret
Chicago
Company
Evita
Fosse
Grey Gardens
Gypsy
Hairspray
Into the Woods
Ragtime
Rent
Spring Awakening
Sweeney Todd
The Light in the Piazza
The Little Dog Laughed
The Mikado
The Producers
West Side Story
Xanadu

Favorite Performer(s): Laura Benanti
Kelly Bishop
Kristin Chenoweth
Christine Ebersole
Manoel Felciano
Barrett Foa
Sutton Foster
Tyler Hanes
David Hyde-Pierce
Cheyenne Jackson
Jane Krakowski
Leslie Kritzer
Angela Lansbury
Beth Leavel
Spencer Liff
Donna McKechnie
Bebe Neuwirth
Kelli O'Hara
Bernadette Peters
Chita Rivera
Gwen Verdon
Julie White
Patrick Wilson

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Mid-show standing ovations  Jun 6 2015, 08:33:39 PM

Andrea Martin got one when I saw Pippin in Cambridge. In her book she said people never stood until Broadway, but I KNOW she got one at the end of "No Time at All" and another when she exited the scene. 

"A Musical" during Something Rotten. 

"The Gods Love Nubia" in Aida. 

"Rose's Turn" bot Patti and Imelda. Imelda's shocked me because she didn't receive entrance applause. It was so weird to hear "Sing out Louise!" not followed by applause, but

• Times Square Scams  May 29 2015, 04:55:32 PM

One that kept happening was when a stranger would bump into you, often shoulder checking, claim it was an accident and drop something that would break.When it happened to me the guy dropped a bag, a sound of broken glass was heard, but I saw a water bottle spill everywhere. He proceeded to yell at me and told me it was an expensive wine for his anniversary and now he has nothing for his wife. He demanded I give him money to replace it. I said "Sir, you bumped into me. I wasn't listening to mu

• TDF Update  May 28 2015, 03:26:40 PM

That can't be true. I've gotten TDF for a few shows (not sold out) and sat in the last rows of the balcony with many higher price point seats available. 

• KeKe Palmer Joins  May 28 2015, 03:24:00 PM

Interesting...I'd have put money on her being in heavy consideration for Dorothy in the Wiz. I guess where she's going to be on Fox's Scream Queens they snatched her up for this.

• Colin Firth in My Fair Lady  May 27 2015, 12:27:17 PM

Honestly, Benanti is the only one I can actually picture nailing the comedy as well the more dramatic moments. 

• Follies (1971 Production) Video  May 1 2015, 12:48:49 PM

Maybe Bartlett Sher, Christopher Wheeldon, Michael Yeargan, Catherine Zuber, and Donald Holder could make a very imaginative production like that someday... Many FOLLIES fans could only dream of a production like that.

I have talked about this production happening in 10-15 years. Kelli O'Hara for Sally, Benanti for Phyllis, Patti for Hattie! Vicky Clark for Heidi!

• Alexandra Socha has left Fun Home  Apr 30 2015, 03:54:56 PM

I barely remember Malone's performance at the Public, but her Broadway performance is phenomenal. The in the round staging makes her a huge part of the action and very much a lead. 

Skeggs's is wonderful, but Socha's "Changing My Major" was a highlight of the show for me.

• Clinton the musical  Apr 23 2015, 12:05:18 PM

Consider me in the Kevin Zak fan club after seeing this last night. Wow. Quite the impressive body...of work. Seriously, his Nosferatu-like posture and hands, his flexible voice, and comic timing were all very impressive. He had me actually rooting for Starr.

The show was pretty-ok material, but the cast sold it well. Kerry Butler is, as expected, singing her face off and nailing the laughs, but what is with her speaking voice? The voice she affects did not remind me of H

• Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel  Apr 20 2015, 10:49:14 AM

Back when they were together Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal saw August: Osage County and texted the entire time. When they stood up at the end I wondered how they understood any of it. No one tweeted about them doing it, though.

• Jake Gyllenhaal as Seymour  Apr 14 2015, 08:44:47 PM

I point all of you to watch October Sky, or more importantly Bubble Boy. He can play awkward and geeky with aplumb. Also, he's awkward in Nightcrawler. Believe me, Jake is more at ease playing Seymour types than a buffed-up charming Prince of Persia-type.

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15  Apr 14 2015, 09:12:52 AM

are musicals without an interval really a good idea, commercially?

Yeah, A Chorus Line was a terrible idea.

• The Visit Student Rush?  Apr 10 2015, 04:58:57 PM

Two weekends ago I got there at 9:45 and was the only one in line. I got the last seat in the 4th row house right and couldn't see half the stage (including her entrance). Thankfully there was only one other person in the entire row and we moved left.

• Tim Gunn Left At Intermission  Mar 23 2015, 03:13:55 PM
    DAME, Whoopi actually apologized the next day on The View for it, claiming she was simply exhausted and would return in a couple of weeks to finish the show. She specifically apologized to the cast because "I know y'all probably noticed I had left." I don't know if it was actually her being tired or if she didn't enjoy it (or if she actually went back), but I thought that was gracious of her.
  • Hand to God Previews  Mar 23 2015, 12:45:49 PM
    It depends on what she's comfortable with. The language and puppet-sex are quite graphic and a'plenty. If she lets them watch R-rated movies, then by all means.
  • Wolf Hall Previews  Mar 23 2015, 12:14:45 PM
    I was with TDF as well and got the last row of the orchestra for both show. Unfair!
  • Hand to God Previews  Mar 20 2015, 09:54:19 AM
    Also, I wanted to throw in, with no ill towards Sharp (who is giving an incredibly wonderful and difficult performance), that Boyer should not be empty-handed this awards season. Maybe it's because I'm a comedy nerd, but what Boyer is insane even taking out the puppetry. He is a a gifted puppeteer, but his acting and comedy chops made me literally cry he was so good. I don't mean I cried at the more emotional bits, I actively wept during hysterical moments because Boyer's performance is so power
  • Hand to God Previews  Mar 20 2015, 09:44:58 AM
    I used to work for a merch company so I understand it's an expensive gamble. People always had great ideas for stuff, but then we'd find out it was costly to have it made and you can't always take the risk because you don't know if the show is going to run long enough to sell them all.

I left this show actively wanting to buy merch (which NEVER happens) but was sad it was just basic logo stuff. I really wanted a shirt with a Tyrone quote and maybe a sketch or cartoon of him.
  • PAINT YOUR WAGON! Encores!@City Center  Mar 19 2015, 12:21:24 PM
    I agree. Encores! trusts the matieral and presents as is, which is vital. They don't try to reinvent the wheel.

We also as an audience go into Encores with full knowledge the show is flawed so our expectations are much, much lower (except to hear a score we probably love played by this glorious orchestra!).

I think there's also a bit of less chef's in the kitchen. With any revival you have producers (or higher ups in a theatre company) constantly giving notes, trying to help, s
  • PAINT YOUR WAGON! Encores!@City Center  Mar 19 2015, 12:21:23 PM
    I agree. Encores! trusts the matieral and presents as is, which is vital. They don't try to reinvent the wheel.

We also as an audience go into Encores with full knowledge the show is flawed so our expectations are much, much lower (except to hear a score we probably love played by this glorious orchestra!).

I think there's also a bit of less chef's in the kitchen. With any revival you have producers (or higher ups in a theatre company) constantly giving notes, trying to help, s
  • Mandatory bag check at Curious Incident?  Mar 17 2015, 01:12:24 PM
    I have only ever been "forced" to check a bag at the Shubert doing standing room years ago.

When I worked at the Palace, the staff made people check their plastic bags of food/leftovers. The arguments I overheard from people worried that someone was going to eat their Olive Garden during the show...

BROADWAYWORLD TV