Profile for nasty_khakis

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld nasty_khakis
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: nasty_khakis
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 1 - 8
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
Cabaret
Chicago
Company
Evita
Fosse
Grey Gardens
Gypsy
Hairspray
Into the Woods
Ragtime
Rent
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The Light in the Piazza
The Little Dog Laughed
The Mikado
The Producers
West Side Story
Xanadu

Favorite Performer(s): Laura Benanti
Kelly Bishop
Kristin Chenoweth
Christine Ebersole
Manoel Felciano
Barrett Foa
Sutton Foster
Tyler Hanes
David Hyde-Pierce
Cheyenne Jackson
Jane Krakowski
Leslie Kritzer
Angela Lansbury
Beth Leavel
Spencer Liff
Donna McKechnie
Bebe Neuwirth
Kelli O'Hara
Bernadette Peters
Chita Rivera
Gwen Verdon
Julie White
Patrick Wilson

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Well, hello, Patti (LaBelle)!  May 25 2017, 11:47:58 PM

Dolly Parton has a special relationship to the show. Her first ever trip outside of Tennessee was a class trip in high school to NYC. When the bus pulled into Manhattan and they saw billboards saying "Hello, Dolly!" she made jokes like "How'd they know I was comin?" I'd kill to see her play the role.

However, the name I heard attached to replace Bette was Reba.

• 2017 NBC Live Musical is  May 25 2017, 05:19:20 PM

Valentina3 said: "I agree that they should have another show instead of Bye Bye Birdie, and cast Dove Cameron in it. I'd watch it. Btw - it is not clear in the announcement that they have postponed it all the way to 2018 holiday season (so, by a full year). That seems to be the conjecture of the person who wrote the Variety article. It's very much possible that we get a summer musical in 2018."

Keep Jerry as director and have Dove do Legally Blonde: the

• Grand Hotel @ Encores !!! I am There!  May 19 2017, 02:41:33 PM

Hamilfan2 said: "Would not be surprised if they got Sutton for the Jane Krakowski role.  As for Jeter, I think both suggestions made so far (Chris Fitzgerald and Rob McClure) would be perfect.  A younger Joel Grey would also kill it, but he's too old now to pull off a role like that."

Jane is only 6 years older than Sutton so I'd imagine they'd go with someone younger.

• Estate of Edward Albee Yanks Rights to Production Over Casting of Black Actor  May 18 2017, 05:11:54 PM

I assume this is because making Nick a different race in a play with a specific setting during a specific time period adds some levels and themes to the play the author may not want. I think making Martha seducing a young black man and Nick and Honey being a mixed race couple could be a really interesting thing that could add to the tensions mounting in the play, but clearly Albee disagreed.

• HELLO, DOLLY! with Donna Murphy  May 17 2017, 09:32:54 AM

Even if "people" think Donna is better it will not touch the people actually buying tickets to see this show. If anything, buzz that Donna is "better" will help sell the Tuesday night tickets since Bette's are already sold out far in advance. Bette is still the event to see. Now, will it cause any Sunset Blvd level "producers post the great reviews of the alternate and piss off the star" type feelings? Maybe.

• Fox's next show - A Christmas Story  May 12 2017, 04:13:11 PM

Valentina3 said: "With new music from Pasek & Paul - Broadway.com article"

AKA Pasek & Paul need an Emmy,

• ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Returning to Broadway  May 11 2017, 12:25:02 PM

EthelMae said: "I loved this show. PLEASE don't do it in street clothes or cut Mama Will Provide or reduce it to a cast of three or any other stripped down ideas!

Looking forward.
    "

Productions have cut that song? Why???

• THE WHIRLIGIG  May 11 2017, 09:42:09 AM

Wee Thomas2 said: "Sounds like the price we had to pay to see Sutton was higher than expected.  Neither of the other two shows in the series was all that good (Talk House was, at best, decent)."

If you can name one "decent" thing about Talk House...

• Producers of  May 11 2017, 09:41:00 AM

"Those are mutually exclusive, since we all know it will close once Midler leaves."

I know feelers have been put out to several ladies both actual movie/recording stars and broadway divas to gauge their interest in taking over for Bette.

• Riedel on London plays possibly transferring  May 10 2017, 02:51:01 PM

Rosencrantz might purely depend on Radcliff's schedule and desire to keep doing it. Also, I don't think Cripple of Inishmaan was a financial hit so his name alone in a straight play might not carry that much weight now.

I have seen Carolee's and enjoyed her very much, but Staunton's haunts me. Emma Thompson also remains in my favorite Lovetts purely for finding line readings I'd never heard before and taking a completely different approach.

• Riedel on London plays possibly transferring  May 10 2017, 01:47:56 PM

Kelli is doing an opera at the MET next Spring so Kiss Me Kate will have to wait, if it's happening at all.

I saw Gypsy in the theatre. She was angry and lack-luster and almost seemed like she was just doing a speed through rushing through all the scenes. Her Lovett, though remains a marvel I had to see two days in a row.

• Riedel on London plays possibly transferring  May 10 2017, 12:54:53 PM

That production of Gypsy was so lack-luster. I love Imelda as an actress but she only played the role as angry start to finish. It didn't help her Herbie and Louise really paled in comparison to Boyd Gains and Laura Benanti. I saw it in London and thought I was crazy for not enjoying it at all but most NY theatre types I know who saw the screening didn't care for it either. I don't see it doing that well here.

• MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?  May 4 2017, 01:05:17 PM

I agree it sounds like Benanti or her team have already made calls and have been told it probably won't happen. Maybe they're still in the "seeking a movie star" stage of casting that almost every show goes through and until Anna Kendrick, Anne Hathaway, Carey Mulligan, etc etc have all said no then they'll start talking to broadway names. Or maybe they want a complete or relatively unknown.

Andrews had starred in the Boyfriend on broadway to great success. Sh

• Who was the best understudy you have ever seen?  May 4 2017, 12:49:22 PM

Theatregeek6, I know it was decades ago, but is the story there was no advertisement and the audience had no idea until the precurtain announcement?

• Britney Spears Coming to Broadway?  May 2 2017, 10:35:02 AM

When the Applegate Sweet Charity was going to close, producers wooed her very successfully. They were going to close the show for January then reopen at the Foxwoods/Hilton/Lyric (whatever it was that year). New costumes were in production and an ensemble member was bought out of his contract so Kevin Federline could have a track. Then right before the announcement she backed out.

• Watch What Happens Live - Lea Michele  Apr 27 2017, 02:42:22 PM

Right? Between that questions and the Wicked movie comments I kept expecting Lea to say "and you can be my mom!" to Andrea.

• Patti LuPone - Gypsy (the literal showstopping performance)  Apr 26 2017, 09:30:40 AM

I've often wondered how Patti would have felt if another member of the company stopped the show like that.

• Extreme set differences between a shows world premiere and it's Broadway debut  Apr 20 2017, 11:23:50 AM

The New London Theatre where School of Rock is playing in London is a three-quarter thrust like the Oliver stage or Vivian Beaumont. 

• Riedel on Spacey hosting and his nominees for Best Actor  Apr 19 2017, 10:08:28 AM

They can easily petition for him to be featured if they wanted. Many parts have been nominated in both categories over their various productions. 

• Caissie Levy 54 Below Cancelled  Apr 18 2017, 11:27:18 AM

I imagine she wants to rest her body and voice for the Wicked labs. I don't know if they've added stuff but that's a tough song to sing and rehearse for weeks and she has a lot of people to impress if she wants to keep on with the show.