Profile for nasty_khakis

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld nasty_khakis
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: nasty_khakis
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 1 - 8
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
Grey Gardens
Into the Woods
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The Light in the Piazza
The Little Dog Laughed
The Mikado
The Producers
West Side Story

Favorite Performer(s): Laura Benanti
Kelly Bishop
Kristin Chenoweth
Christine Ebersole
Manoel Felciano
Barrett Foa
Sutton Foster
Tyler Hanes
David Hyde-Pierce
Cheyenne Jackson
Jane Krakowski
Leslie Kritzer
Angela Lansbury
Beth Leavel
Spencer Liff
Donna McKechnie
Bebe Neuwirth
Kelli O'Hara
Bernadette Peters
Chita Rivera
Gwen Verdon
Julie White
Patrick Wilson

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Donna Murphy is DOLLY alternate  Oct 20 2016, 10:38:07 AM

Can we take bets if she'll show up for the one day a week gig?

Kidding kidding, she'll be amazing and I can't wait to buy another ticket to see her this summer!

• Ken Davenport Joins ALW's Really Useful Group  Oct 17 2016, 03:17:46 PM

Granted, non of Davenport's ideas and methods have proven successful but I imagine Really Useful likes the idea of "new/modern" ways to approach theatre like crowdsourcing and tweet seats.

• The Humans Ending EXPLAINED  Oct 10 2016, 11:59:48 PM

This needed a new thread? The others on this very topic weren't good enough?

• Heather Headley cryptic tweet  Oct 7 2016, 11:51:43 AM

Aren't the plans for the Bodyguard tour still to come to broadway if it does well? Heather still might have first refusal on it despite Deborah Cox doing the tour.

• Hello, Dolly  Oct 6 2016, 12:03:37 PM

That's exactly it. He's overprotective of NY revivals. Basically, the only revival of his works have been Champion-staging Hello, Dolly! and the Jerry Zak's La Cage which apparently was very close to the original except the choreography. To me, he's protective of his memories and truly of his legacy. He's at the age where he knows any production could be the last of his lifetime so he's keeping a tight hold on the works and doesn't want anything to flop. Now we all

• Falsettos Wrangler  Oct 5 2016, 12:27:44 PM

Didn't someone once post about a merch worker they flirted with? 

• Jennifer Holliday to join THE COLOR PURPLE  Oct 4 2016, 11:47:29 AM

I'm guessing he had a drink or lunch with her to discuss the role a while ago, before or after she was cast. Music Directors and proxies taught her the bones/staging. Doyle likely was at one afternoon rehearsal of just Shug scenes and maybe the put in and gave notes. 

• Jennifer Holliday to join THE COLOR PURPLE  Oct 3 2016, 12:49:36 PM

• Most especially if...  Sep 30 2016, 03:43:50 PM

Having both acted AND done wardrobe there's a difference in a polite conversation about movement and comfort and an actor who says "um, my character would never wear blue!" when they just don't like the color. 

• Imelda Staunton to Star as Sally in West End Follies  Sep 30 2016, 12:19:07 PM

I was in the rear of the stalls and kept going..."this??" I was also distracted because I admittedly missed Boyd and Laura's incredible performances and moments from that production. It seemed like this cast was taught it all had to be played on red bull and has to end at 9:45 on the dot! (I made up that time, I've no idea when we let out). Part of me wonders if audience reaction in the UK was a bit joyous only because Gypsy isn't done as much so maybe we Americans are j

• Marie & Rosetta  Sep 30 2016, 11:29:05 AM

To me, the writing was alright. Film it with bright even lighting with Queen Latifa and it's a Lifetime movie, turn off a few lights, and it's an HBO movie. 

I thought both actresses did very well, but the bad miming of guitar playing was very distracting.

I agree the last 10 minutes were not needed. It felt like an epilogue at the end of a movie, "SoandSo went on to graduate law school and found a cure for the common cold." It was just a device for the ac

• Imelda Staunton to Star as Sally in West End Follies  Sep 30 2016, 11:02:46 AM

aaaaaa15 said: "Her Gypsy performance just shouldn't have been filmed. It was a performance to experience live and not have close ups etc. I don't think there were any complaints about her acting before the video was released."

Me. I thought she was overthetop nutso when I saw her live in the Savoy Theatre. And I LOVED her in Sweeney and just about every other thing I've seen her in.

• Grumpy Cat in CATS  Sep 29 2016, 01:39:29 PM

I think they are doing well, but it's like the saying goes Coke spends more on advertising than anyone else even when they're number 1 by far.

It keeps them in the press and people talking. Hamilton has sold every seat released in two cities but is still on buses, ya know?

• Aaron Tveit to play Chris in Miss Saigon?  Sep 29 2016, 01:04:32 PM

Not that he's a huge star by any means. but I would think he'd be too expensive at this point. I think he'd do a great piece he believed in for cheap like the Menier Assassins, but a big commercial show in a kind of a dud roll? I would imagine they'd get any Fieyro replacement for a third of the price.

• Lin-Manuel Miranda to host SNL  Sep 28 2016, 03:29:23 PM

Brody, Moms and Aunts are notorious for being "Who was that women in The Hours. You know, she wore that nose." "Nicole Kidman." "No no. You know the one!! She was married to Tom Cruise before that other woman." "You're talking about Nicole Kidman." "No no. It's Carrie Something."

But I agree, I'd say people on the street in Anytown, USA have heard of Hamilton at this

• Lin-Manuel Miranda to host SNL  Sep 28 2016, 11:35:26 AM

Mildred Plotka said: "nasty_khakis said: "I just really, really hope there's not more than 1 Hamilton sketch. I can see it being the opening monologue with cast and "audience" members asking for tickets, a sketch of famous people visiting backstage, a digital short about John Adams or something, etc etc."

Or more than 1 sketch that leads to a rap battle.

Exactly. I mean to say/imply this as well. I won

• Lin-Manuel Miranda to host SNL  Sep 28 2016, 11:26:12 AM

I just really, really hope there's not more than 1 Hamilton sketch. I can see it being the opening monologue with cast and "audience" members asking for tickets, a sketch of famous people visiting backstage, a digital short about John Adams or something, etc etc.

• Listening to Encores MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG  Sep 26 2016, 11:05:24 AM

I actually don't care for Lin at all in this production. They added Colin singing some songs with him as a duet because his voice was lacking. I was very disappointed in his "Franklin Shepard, Inc" especially after Euan Morton's terrific version earlier in Sondheim on Sondheim.

• Imelda as Rose coming to NY?  Sep 26 2016, 09:47:40 AM

From my understanding the very negative buzz after the screening/dvd release stateside killed any talks. After seeing it in person and on video I think that's for the best. Her Lovett would be a much more welcome transfer, either in that production of Sweeney or a new one.

• Hello Dolly breaks first day ticket sales record  Sep 20 2016, 10:22:45 AM

It does get tiring to hear about box office records/house records/ etc when it's 99% ticket price increases. You can say Avatar is the highest grossing movie of all time, but Gone with the Wind technically sold more tickets, just at a dime each.

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Back to Falsettoland w/ OBC - Passing the Torch
Backstage Bite
TV Exclusive: BACKSTAGE BITE with AVENUE Q's Elizabeth Ann Berg
Turning the Tables
Randy Rainbow w/ FIDDLER Cast
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
2nd Annual ElphaBall Takes Over Tonight's BROADWAY SESSIONS