Profile for nasty_khakis

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld nasty_khakis
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: nasty_khakis
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 1 - 8
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
Cabaret
Chicago
Company
Evita
Fosse
Grey Gardens
Gypsy
Hairspray
Into the Woods
Ragtime
Rent
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The Light in the Piazza
The Little Dog Laughed
The Mikado
The Producers
West Side Story
Xanadu

Favorite Performer(s): Laura Benanti
Kelly Bishop
Kristin Chenoweth
Christine Ebersole
Manoel Felciano
Barrett Foa
Sutton Foster
Tyler Hanes
David Hyde-Pierce
Cheyenne Jackson
Jane Krakowski
Leslie Kritzer
Angela Lansbury
Beth Leavel
Spencer Liff
Donna McKechnie
Bebe Neuwirth
Kelli O'Hara
Bernadette Peters
Chita Rivera
Gwen Verdon
Julie White
Patrick Wilson

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Roundabout 2 other shows to be announced?  May 26 2016, 11:57:49 AM

They need a big seller in the slot. Musically always sell better than a play, but a play with LEGIT star power (like the aforementioned Bradley Cooper and Sienna Miller together) would sell nicely as well.

• when shows post closing notices....is meeting with employees first required....  May 25 2016, 02:19:17 PM

Didn't one of the actors in Glory Days famously find out the show was closed when he got to the theatre that day? I think it also happened to him with High Fidelity as well.

• Jake Gyllenhaal in Sunday in the Park  May 25 2016, 12:46:58 PM

Apparently they started selling them at the Box Office BEFORE noon. Did any of the announcements say that? If not, that's a little shady.I was able to get in the queue and get great seats fairly early, but still...

• frustration with the Public theatre  May 24 2016, 03:55:59 PM

The gentleman in front of me got one, I got one, and I believe the girl behind me got one so they definitely existed. 

• frustration with the Public theatre  May 24 2016, 03:06:59 PM

I just got back from the Taub Box office and there was an older gentleman in line ahead of me who got two tickets during the final week. He was astonished they only had that one date for the student tickets. I had a wider range of availibility and told the box office attendee whenever that wasn't a Wednesday matinee and he could only seem to find one for quite late in the run, but that was fine by me.

I understand they don't have to set aside a single one and they offe

• Theater Tempertures  May 23 2016, 12:22:08 PM

You also have to take into consideration the actors on stage are often wearing multiple layers, suits, wigs, tons of makeup etc etc and it's kept colder to keep them from melting. 

I used to work a merch stand and in my years in freezing theatres we only sold maybe 5-6 hoodies specifically because someone said they were freezing.

• Do I Hear A Waltz  May 12 2016, 03:11:44 PM

I'm not sure if it's still true, but someone once said they legally had to hold scripts a certain amount of time to qualify for concert status so they don't have to pay as much for the rights. But it's definitely developed in my time watching people barely carry or glance at them.

• Heather Headley in The Color Purple  May 10 2016, 11:08:47 PM

Tonight was a bit of an overwhelming experience. As I got to my seat right before curtain I heard everyone buzzing and people running up and down the aisles taking pictures. My neighbor told Oprah and Gayle were sitting right there across from us. The insanity of people swarming around her (and two security guys) was intense.

I won't get into how much deeper Danielle and Cynthia are into their performances but will just say they are still KILLING IT.

Heather got a HU

• Matilda Changes/Differences  May 10 2016, 02:50:45 PM

No offense meant, but why wouldn't you pick a project on something you've actually seen? 

• The Gospel Accoring To Scott Rudin  May 10 2016, 09:43:44 AM

I understand the bag searches and I'm never ever rude to the security or ushers conducting them, but I miss being able to arrive at the theatre at 7:50, pick up my ticket, use the restroom, send a couple of emails, find my seat, and still have a couple of minutes before the show started. Now, with the crazy lines to get in with the security I get there at 7:40 and barely make it to my seat in time for the show. I'm very anxious in crowds and it's something I deal with daily as a N

• CATS Revival Casting  May 9 2016, 12:58:29 PM

Though it might be a nice easy way to make her Broadway debut. I know Emma Stone dropped out of negotiations of Cabaret because she was nervous about things like perception and the awards-hoopla and felt "replacing" would be a less stressful debut.

• Bright Star's financial troubles  May 9 2016, 11:36:05 AM

I'm guessing the producers are clinging to two things- a Tonys performance will hugely bump up sales and interest and the possibility of winning a major award, especially since they can basically say "the score/book/actress/whatever that beat Hamilton!"

• Will Josh Segarra's White Shorts Get a Tony Nomination Tomorrow?  May 2 2016, 04:03:58 PM

They seem to be supporting quite a bit of actor.

• Streetcar Named Desire at St. Ann's  May 2 2016, 03:25:17 PM

Whizzer, thanks for making me feel not so crazy for not fawning all over this like all my friends seem to be, especially Foster's bulldog performance. 

It's very much modern day (post 2010, anyway) based on the costumes, fake Louis bag (not even LVs on it), toothbrushes, beer cans, etc. It kept pulling me out and making me question why. I also thought the set was too pristine and open to give you a "just these two rooms?" sweltering feeling Whizzer mentioned.

• Bright Star Merch  May 2 2016, 12:42:50 PM

If are unsuccessful tomorrow try contacting Creative Goods directly. They'll either tell you how to purchase it online or pick one up from their office. 

• Bdwy Star Auditions  May 2 2016, 12:11:15 PM

Most of the larger names are offer only but they can and do still audition. Patti Lupone auditioned for "Bullets Over Broadway" because she wanted the role of Helen Sinclair, but hasn't really auditioned for a theatre role in, well, decades before that for Anything Goes.

• Is Rich II at BAM micced?  May 2 2016, 09:32:59 AM

LarryD2 said: "With very few exceptions (like Mark Rylance, who refuses to perform with any kind of amplification), nearly all theater is amplified in some way these days."

This is even more remarkable when I remember how, well, quietly and softly he spoke in Boeing Boeing and I was able to understand every single word from that dreadful Lyceum balcony. 

• Dido and Aeneas tonight....  Apr 29 2016, 02:09:19 PM

I'd definitely see this. Maybe just read a synopsis or two first.

• Dido and Aeneas tonight....  Apr 29 2016, 01:31:30 PM

It was a little over 90 minutes

• Dido and Aeneas tonight....  Apr 29 2016, 09:26:21 AM

I was there as well and was indifferent to the prologue. I'm indifferent to most trying to be cute "turn off your phone" jokes and messages.

Kelli's voice and acting were in SUBLIME form. I was in the Mezz and could still see subtly in emotion in her face and voice. Vicky Clark indeed was having a glorious time from her hilarious opening scene to all the gown twirling, dancing, and physicality of her character.

My only issue is my lack of knowledge of t

BROADWAYWORLD TV

COUNTDOWN CLOCK