Profile for nasty_khakis

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld nasty_khakis
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: nasty_khakis
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 1 - 8
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
Cabaret
Chicago
Company
Evita
Fosse
Grey Gardens
Gypsy
Hairspray
Into the Woods
Ragtime
Rent
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The Light in the Piazza
The Little Dog Laughed
The Mikado
The Producers
West Side Story
Xanadu

Favorite Performer(s): Laura Benanti
Kelly Bishop
Kristin Chenoweth
Christine Ebersole
Manoel Felciano
Barrett Foa
Sutton Foster
Tyler Hanes
David Hyde-Pierce
Cheyenne Jackson
Jane Krakowski
Leslie Kritzer
Angela Lansbury
Beth Leavel
Spencer Liff
Donna McKechnie
Bebe Neuwirth
Kelli O'Hara
Bernadette Peters
Chita Rivera
Gwen Verdon
Julie White
Patrick Wilson

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES  Feb 24 2017, 02:53:21 PM

Thanks! I should have went to the site since telecharge said nothing.

• Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES  Feb 24 2017, 02:46:12 PM

I really want to see both in each role, but don't want to just leave it to chance, even buying two days in a row assuming it would be something like Thursday Laura Friday Cynthia. I don't see them announcing a schedule since that could create a bad situation where more people flock to see one over the other. I may just have to buy one now and take stabs at rushing it and see if things become "usual" in scheduling. 

• Riedel on Broadway's two best performances which can't win Tony's  Feb 17 2017, 10:31:53 AM

djoko84 said: "I'm also pretty sure Jake knows Ben Platt has the Tony in the bag so he has no chance of winning."

Does Ben keep that Tony is Jan Maxwell's bag?

• Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances  Feb 15 2017, 12:21:02 PM

Oh sorry, yes. The best of my memory is pre show used florescents or something similar.

• Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances  Feb 15 2017, 11:41:16 AM

Canadian, those are work lights in that photo. The production, in London anyway, used mostly candle light to light with a few normal theatre lights. It's pretty dim and gloomy, but adds to the ambiance and mood. 

• Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances  Feb 15 2017, 11:03:03 AM

I saw these leads in London and found them alright, neither bringing anything new to the table, for me anyway. 

I have a feeling they didn't announce Carolee/Norm for a while because they wanted to sell the London names before announcing the American ones.They knew most of us would be excited by their casting and would think "oh, I'll just wait for them." Similar to how Hello Dolly knows we're all going to see it again with Donna so they've essentiall

• Riedel on the response to his column from  Feb 15 2017, 10:58:07 AM

I saw the show when it first opened in London on a whim since they were one of the only shows with a Sunday matinee and laughed the entire time. The play is downright silly and just fun. The joke of everything messing up constantly may wear thin on some so your mileage may very, but I can't wait to see it again. 

• Guess North Carolina Theatre's 2017-18 Season  Feb 10 2017, 11:16:01 AM

#2 could also be She Loves Me.

• Naked Boys Singing running time?  Feb 4 2017, 03:20:43 PM

New World used to be called Dodger Stages.

• What are good examples of shows written for a specific star?  Jan 13 2017, 08:57:04 PM

tomwsjr said: "Actually the role of Ms. Lovett in Sweeney Todd was written for Patricia Routledge. When she turned it down (didn't like the subject matter) it was then offered to Angela Lansbury.  "

Actually, Sondheim wrote it for Angela, it was Hal Prince who kept trying to get Routledge. She turned it down, and Hal let Sondheim cast Angela.

• DAMN YANKEES Revival  Jan 11 2017, 12:20:36 PM

Cranston sang on Corden in a "man band" and was definitely up to the Applegate songs, they're not exactly Sweeney Todd.

• THE GLASS MENAGERIE LincTix Now Available  Jan 9 2017, 03:09:17 PM

I too noticed that it only seemed to be the same two seats for every performance. I was nervous they'd sell out too fast so I grabbed one on the 5th date I looked for. I mean, they're offering a lot in the first few previews and they don't have to offer any at all, but it seems strange it's just two per performance.

• ALW Shows Break Records  Jan 2 2017, 07:14:52 PM

I get it's all marketing. It's a way to get a press release and brag about being a hit without buying an ad, but with prices going up constantly, it's not breaking a box office record. I'd like to see these records adjusted for inflation of ticket prices. Like did Funny Girl (or whatever) have a week that sold more full-price tickets? 

• Different interpretations of CHICAGO?  Jan 2 2017, 05:41:40 PM

When this production closes (whenever that will be) some director out of town at a regional theatre will do a big colorful production similar to Fosse's and everyone will be amazed at how "such a small dark show works so big and bright!"

• Mean Girls Musical: Washington DC Fall 2017  Dec 30 2016, 03:38:10 PM

I hope Fey and her husband stuck to their guns about not just making funny lines into their own songs. I think too many movie-to-musicals make this mistake and in a way it kills the joke. Like, sure make the candy gram a whole patter song of names and responses but don't make me listen to 3 minutes of "Glenn Coco, you go-go Glenn Coco!" and "Other moms are such a drool moms, but me? I'm a cool mom!" 

• Is The Al Hirschfeld Theatre Unsafe?  Dec 30 2016, 12:44:46 PM

There are also exits that are used only during emergencies. 

The Savoy in London has the worst space problem. It's almost impossible to get from the restrooms to the bar to the theatre without having to push past people just standing and chatting and the various queues. 

• Hello Dolly Commercial  Dec 28 2016, 11:26:42 AM

I think they're trying to avoid the typical campaign and are just doing build-up buzz. They'll probably be a big splashy commercial/print ads with Bette's face soon enough, but for a teaser commercial they're being ultra minimal and are saying they don't need to say anything because "Bette Middler. Hello, Dolly! Duh!"

• Breaking News: Who Will Get Christian Borle's Golden Tickets? Full Cast Announced for CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY  Dec 19 2016, 01:06:29 PM

Kad said: "People won't be seeing this because it was a hit in London.

They'll be seeing it because they want to hear "Pure Imagination" and see oompa loompas.
    "

THIS. 

Also, Jackie must be ecstatic to not have to work with more than two kids. I wonder if she'll get the same dressing room she had in Addams Family.

• Drastic Setting Changes in a Revival  Dec 15 2016, 02:15:12 PM

One of my best friends was in an actor/musician production of The Mikado that took place by circus performers. No one played anything Asian and any time the word "Japan" was supposed to be used they simply said "This Land." It was a clever way to do a show that on the surface is very silly without bringing any race or nationality into it at all. 

• ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Returning to Broadway  Dec 15 2016, 09:51:50 AM

Wow, I like this idea on paper, but there's going to be a "found" piano, guitar, and violin, right?