Profile for nasty_khakis

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld nasty_khakis
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: nasty_khakis
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 1 - 8
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
Cabaret
Chicago
Company
Evita
Fosse
Grey Gardens
Gypsy
Hairspray
Into the Woods
Ragtime
Rent
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The Light in the Piazza
The Little Dog Laughed
The Mikado
The Producers
West Side Story
Xanadu

Favorite Performer(s): Laura Benanti
Kelly Bishop
Kristin Chenoweth
Christine Ebersole
Manoel Felciano
Barrett Foa
Sutton Foster
Tyler Hanes
David Hyde-Pierce
Cheyenne Jackson
Jane Krakowski
Leslie Kritzer
Angela Lansbury
Beth Leavel
Spencer Liff
Donna McKechnie
Bebe Neuwirth
Kelli O'Hara
Bernadette Peters
Chita Rivera
Gwen Verdon
Julie White
Patrick Wilson

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Dido and Aeneas tonight....  Apr 29 2016, 02:09:19 PM

I'd definitely see this. Maybe just read a synopsis or two first.

• Dido and Aeneas tonight....  Apr 29 2016, 01:31:30 PM

It was a little over 90 minutes

• Dido and Aeneas tonight....  Apr 29 2016, 09:26:21 AM

I was there as well and was indifferent to the prologue. I'm indifferent to most trying to be cute "turn off your phone" jokes and messages.

Kelli's voice and acting were in SUBLIME form. I was in the Mezz and could still see subtly in emotion in her face and voice. Vicky Clark indeed was having a glorious time from her hilarious opening scene to all the gown twirling, dancing, and physicality of her character.

My only issue is my lack of knowledge of t

• DISASTER Tour?  Apr 28 2016, 04:51:43 PM

Kad said: "It won't tour. It will have its rights released and make bank in regional productions."

Definitely. It's got popular songs everyone knows, it's funny, and fairly cheap/easy to produce. I see this doing very well regionally.

• What Disney Movie is Next in Line for Broadway?  Apr 28 2016, 11:47:29 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "I hope it's THE WATCHER IN THE WOODS starring Patti LuPone."

Kyle Richards will probably want to be in it again. Or talk about it constantly. 

• TodayTix Rush Advice?  Apr 28 2016, 10:41:03 AM

I've tapped it at 9:59 constantly and nothing, then when I tap it the very instant my phone clicks to 10 they're in other people's carts. It's insanity.

• Streetcar Named Desire at St. Ann's  Apr 28 2016, 09:47:45 AM

The only way it would work in a broadway house would be if they ripped out the seating and reimagined the space like Dude or Holler if You Hear Me. Not impossible, but impractical for a short run just to possibly win an award or two.

I saw the NTLive screening and at St Ann's Tuesday night. I found Anderson very captivating, but a very by-the-numbers Blanche. Maybe Blanchette's is still to seared in my brain to be blown away by anyone else yet.I was impressed by Foster'

• Roundabout to bring in Stauntons GYPSY?  Apr 26 2016, 03:04:48 PM

Scarywarhol said: "I haven't seen the video yet, but bummed to have read a lot of posters I trust complain about Staunton. That surprises me; she was by far the best Mrs. Lovett I've seen."

I loved her Lovett so much that I went back the next day. She was transfixing. I saw her Gypsy in person last year and found it so angry, one note, and tiresome. I was shocked it got the ovation it did at the end. When it finally aired online I was relieved I wasn't th

• Laura Benanti Dreamcasts  Apr 25 2016, 03:59:01 PM

I don't care where or if she'd do regional theatre, but I'd kill to see her in Bridges of Madison County.

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/24/16  Apr 25 2016, 03:47:53 PM

I guarantee you Seth and Jack are probably not getting their writing/directing/whatever fees.

• Fierstein, Hudson Stars in HAIRSPRAY LIVE!  Apr 25 2016, 01:27:16 PM

"And this must have Jackie Hoffman!"

From her lips to Telsey's ears...

• Daniel Radcliffe Will Return to the Stage This Summer in PRIVACY at The Public Theater!  Apr 12 2016, 01:15:31 PM

Any idea when tickets will go on sale to non members?

• Will Funny Girl transfer?  Apr 11 2016, 09:18:09 PM

Yes, but Murphy still technically owns the rights. He could sell them, thought.

I'm traveling to London tomorrow and seeing this Friday. I can't wait. 

• Britney Spears as Cinderella???  Apr 10 2016, 11:23:26 PM

ljay889 said: "Britney was once famously close to signing a deal to replace Christina Applegate in Sweet Charity. "

My friend worked for wardrobe on that production and told me they were told they were going to close for a few weeks and reopen with Britney at the Hilton/Lyric. It was a go, a chorus part was "not renewed" so Kevin Federline could get a paycheck too, and it was official, but she pulled out because she didn't want to move to NYC and t

• Imelda Gypsy ~ Roundabout 2017  Apr 10 2016, 12:21:34 PM

I saw it in London last May and you're exactly right. Even in the theatre she is playing the end from her first entrance. Every single thing is done out of anger without a single loving or warm moment. Honestly, I really disliked the Herbie and Louise and missed moments in Laurent's direction of the LuPone revival. Maybe I'd warm to Staunton (who I saw in Good People and Sweeney Todd that should have transferred) if she had better costars. I also had issues with everyone's acc

• Roundabout 16-17 Season  Apr 9 2016, 11:45:07 PM

The Kent Sweeney Todd deserves a trasfer more, honestly. Supposedly something major (star/musical) fell through so they're using this to merely fill a slot and get extra butts in seats.

• Standing Room view  Apr 8 2016, 04:22:16 PM

It's generally fine. I have preferred standing room to extreme side orchestra for certain shows/theatres.

My only miserable standing room experience was seeing "The Audience" in London years ago at the Gielgud Theatre. It was my 5th day in London and I had walked everywhere, I only got on a bus or train 3 times total. That particular theatre's standing room is a very wonderful view, but there is NOTHING to lean against like in most other theatres where there&

• Charles Busch's CLEOPATRA  Apr 8 2016, 11:33:52 AM

I've seen Cleopatra twice (also having seeing Judith, Divine Sister, Die Mommie Die!, and The Tribute Artist, as well as other plays without him in them) and it's absolutely a gem. It's classic Busch giving us what we want to hear and see. The entire cast shines and supports in their own ways.

Whizzer, my favorite line was the reaction to the soothsayer at the beginning, "Well, that's what makes it camp!" I also commented to my friend tha

• Diane Lane Will Return to Broadway This Fall in Stephen Karam's Adaptation of THE CHERRY ORCHARD  Apr 5 2016, 11:21:51 AM

I wonder who's going to fill out the rest of the cast. Haynes more than once stated it would be non-traditionally cast and ethnically diverse.

• Play by Play  Apr 1 2016, 02:58:46 PM

Can anybody who has both Play by Play AND Gold Club tell me if there's a huge difference in what is offered?

BROADWAYWORLD TV