Profile for nasty_khakis

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld nasty_khakis
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: nasty_khakis
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 1 - 8
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
Cabaret
Chicago
Company
Evita
Fosse
Grey Gardens
Gypsy
Hairspray
Into the Woods
Ragtime
Rent
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The Light in the Piazza
The Little Dog Laughed
The Mikado
The Producers
West Side Story
Xanadu

Favorite Performer(s): Laura Benanti
Kelly Bishop
Kristin Chenoweth
Christine Ebersole
Manoel Felciano
Barrett Foa
Sutton Foster
Tyler Hanes
David Hyde-Pierce
Cheyenne Jackson
Jane Krakowski
Leslie Kritzer
Angela Lansbury
Beth Leavel
Spencer Liff
Donna McKechnie
Bebe Neuwirth
Kelli O'Hara
Bernadette Peters
Chita Rivera
Gwen Verdon
Julie White
Patrick Wilson

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • DEH Actors Salaries Question?  Jul 16 2017, 07:03:27 PM

Only giant giant stars (read: Bette Middler, Hugh Jackman, etc) have box office percentages put into their contracts. Sometimes a star will take a pay cut in their weekly salary in exchange for this, sometimes they get both like when Nathan and Matthew went back into The Producers and got allegedly $100k plus a piece of the weekly box office. But it's all negotiated before a show even enters rehearsals. Harry Connick Jr had box office points for On a Clear Day, but never profited fro

• National Theatre: Follies image  Jul 14 2017, 01:46:31 PM

I'm not a member but was able to buy a ticket this morning. 

• National Theatre: Follies image  Jul 14 2017, 10:03:24 AM

That's not them in costume. That's just a publicity shot of the leads in glamorous gowns surrounded by theatre rubble like the photo that inspired the original show.

FYI tickets are now on sale to the public for the extension. Picked up my 18 pound ticket for Thanksgiving week.

• Groundhog Day - London question  Jul 13 2017, 04:55:10 PM

I've done standing room for a West End show, so it's definitely a thing.

• ALW auto bio - can't wait to read the Sunset chapters...  Jul 11 2017, 12:58:45 PM

Speaking of Patti's book, she talks about when her understudy went on they posted her reviews and Patti found that very rude. Now, to me, it just means Patti was insecure and nervous and posting her understudy's reviews was the producers supporting the cast and the show. 

• ALW auto bio - can't wait to read the Sunset chapters...  Jul 11 2017, 11:35:54 AM

"Mr. Llyod Webber auditioned me in my range. Mr. Llyod Webber cast me in my range. It was a capricious act by a capricious man."

• ALW auto bio - can't wait to read the Sunset chapters...  Jul 11 2017, 10:39:26 AM

I wouldn't expect him to be too juicy because he's probably legally barred from saying too much. Plus he's never been a dishy gossip in interviews. He's much more likely to have a "shame it couldn't have worked out with Patti, she's wonderful" tone.

• National Theatre: Follies image  Jul 10 2017, 10:28:48 AM

I think the article is implying it will be the "original" without all the different songs from the Cameron Mackintosh London version. I expect the script will be basically be the Kennedy Center/Broadway version, but I hope to be surprised and have it be the original-original.

• National Theatre: Follies image  Jul 8 2017, 05:57:05 PM

The Widow Goldman Relented, my three act play coming soon to Steppenwolf.

• National Theatre: Follies image  Jul 8 2017, 05:21:38 PM

bk said: "Why they would announce the filming of a production that no one has seen one second of is another enigma for another day. "

Every production at the National Theatre is recorded for their NTLive program. http://ntlive.com/

• The Rise & Fall of Little Voice: Bway Next Season  Jul 8 2017, 11:46:25 AM

Wasn't the original broadway production a transfer of a Steppenwolf production and not the original London?

• National Theatre: Follies image  Jul 7 2017, 08:10:19 PM

I too question her range with this score, but Sondheim knows her very well and she has a history in his shows so he no doubt approved this. 

Staunton is a risk-taker and brave performer, not afraid to tackle tough roles and play people the exact opposite of what she currently is playing. But she's not dumb. She no doubt sang through the role with someone before signing on just to prove (even to herself) that she was capable. 

• The Skivvies  Jul 7 2017, 09:38:39 AM

I see their shows in the city fairly often, especially when they have certain guests like Kevin Zak and Leslie Margherita. They're certainly sexy and have sexy guests but they're not trying to be Broadway Bares sexy. 

• re: Bass-Baritones, Baritones, and Lead Roles  Jul 6 2017, 12:20:39 PM

If you get over his talking down to Seth (I love Kudisch in interviews, he always lectures the interviewer), he talks a lot about the differences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGK-cKxjClU

• METCALF, COOPER, RASHAD leaving A DOLL'S HOUSE PART 2  Jul 5 2017, 02:53:12 PM

So they should just close with Metcalf and not give other people a chance to see this terrific play? 

• METCALF, COOPER, RASHAD leaving A DOLL'S HOUSE PART 2  Jul 5 2017, 12:36:51 PM

haterobics said: "Skimbleshanks2 said: "Yes - it was a total ploy to win BEST PLAY. Glad OSLO triumphed!"

Doll's House was supposed to end on July 23, and Oslo is still ending on July 16. Not sure what the thinking is here as far as ploys. Let's just give the Tony to whichever play stays open longer?!
    "

Voters (allegedly) do take things like if it's still running into consideration. They know it will help a show sell tickets.O

• METCALF, COOPER, RASHAD leaving A DOLL'S HOUSE PART 2  Jul 5 2017, 11:39:21 AM

All three are in demand actors with other projects lined up and couldn't extend. Metcalf alone has to film Roseanne in the fall and the Three Tall Women revival next spring.

• Bernadette To Replace Bette?  Jul 4 2017, 09:57:57 PM

She'd be an insanely GREAT Dolly, but...she'd not be up to the ticket sales level of Bette.I could see Bernadette doing the role for a few months as a place holder for a bigger name.

Now before anyone tells me Bernadette is a big name she didn't sell out Gypsy in that same theatre or sell our the Kerr for Night Music. Supposedly Rudin is only sending out feelers to major stars on the level of Reba and Cher and is holding off on "Broadway" names so far. I'v

• Is Cursed Child actually any good?  Jun 9 2017, 09:51:02 AM

It was a great experience to see it, but between it and Fantastic Beasts it really made me realize Rowling cannot write dialogue.

• Bella: An American Tall Tale  Jun 7 2017, 03:45:33 PM

I left at intermission. I was so utterly bored by it and so confused by what the tone was supposed to be. None of the music grabbed me, the staging seem basic, and they weren't even utilizing the major set piece of the stage on the stage. When that one guy turned into a stripper for no reason I made up my mind I was leaving during intermission.