Profile for nasty_khakis

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld nasty_khakis
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: nasty_khakis
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 1 - 8
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
Cabaret
Chicago
Company
Evita
Fosse
Grey Gardens
Gypsy
Hairspray
Into the Woods
Ragtime
Rent
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The Light in the Piazza
The Little Dog Laughed
The Mikado
The Producers
West Side Story
Xanadu

Favorite Performer(s): Laura Benanti
Kelly Bishop
Kristin Chenoweth
Christine Ebersole
Manoel Felciano
Barrett Foa
Sutton Foster
Tyler Hanes
David Hyde-Pierce
Cheyenne Jackson
Jane Krakowski
Leslie Kritzer
Angela Lansbury
Beth Leavel
Spencer Liff
Donna McKechnie
Bebe Neuwirth
Kelli O'Hara
Bernadette Peters
Chita Rivera
Gwen Verdon
Julie White
Patrick Wilson

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play  Dec 9 2016, 04:03:35 PM

Theatre Extras hasn't been much better than GC lately. A friend and I compare what's posted on each.

• Remembering NICK & NORA 25 Years Later  Dec 8 2016, 03:55:57 PM

I once heard Joanna Gleason basically say their main issueswere they needed an out of town and they shouldn't have been Nick & Nora, but just in the style of or even spoofing the style. 

• PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre  Dec 7 2016, 01:07:00 PM

"Is there a precedent for a show going from one non-profit to another? Would Sweat have been allowed to be picked up by MTC after being with the Public?"

MTC picked up "Venus in Fur" that was first produced by Classic Stage Company.

• Ives and Sondheim at the public theater  Dec 3 2016, 03:13:24 PM

Sondheim has been notorious for being lazy and slow in getting projects done (by his own admission). I think they need to announce dates so he's forced to finish it instead of a 4 year period of doing labs every 6 months. We need this!!! lol

• HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Nov 30 2016, 06:11:19 PM

I mean, he gives off the exact same vibe as young Zack Effron.

• HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Nov 30 2016, 05:50:09 PM

Theater_Nerd said: "Garrett Clayton lacks the hunk factor that the role of Link Larkin requires. He comes off a bit twee to me."

Did you see King Cobra?? Boy is very sexy in a total power bottom way.

• A Chorus Line as a live tv musical  Nov 29 2016, 11:37:01 PM

Constant commercial breaks would destroy the momentum and build of the piece.

• Jury Verdict in Jersey Boys Case  Nov 29 2016, 12:53:13 PM

I wonder if there was even a verbal agreement of some kind. Where one day he just casually said "oh, it's all in my book, just take a look at that."

• Shows That Should Receive a BroadwayHD Livestream  Nov 23 2016, 09:35:47 AM

"I'd like to see Les Liaisons captured "

This production was captured at the Donmar. It's not with Liev, but it's the same physical production.

• SWEET CHARITY Revival  Nov 21 2016, 11:25:16 AM

BroadwayConcierge said: "Would Sutton stand a chance for the Tony against Midler's Dolly?"

Not downplaying any of Midler's talents or potential but she's yet to have one day of rehearsal so it really is too early to predict she's the front-runner.

• Ken Davenport --- has he sunken to a new low?  Nov 18 2016, 02:06:31 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Today I noticed a casting call on backstage and it was for frozen. It said that they were looking for someone to play Anna, Elsa, Olaf and a few other roles. When these roles are already taken, apparently. It could be a different situation, but why waste people's time? If you are trying advertise the show then just advertise it. "

They could be looking for standbys, covers, understudies, potential replacements, etc. A lead can be cast bu

• Laser Pointers usage at Cats  Nov 18 2016, 10:44:48 AM

It astounds me cell phone usage and photos are still this common. Every show I've seen in the past year I'm told at least 3 times to turn off (not silence) my phone and sometimes a preshow announcement saying no photos, turn off phones, etc. Anyone who claims they didn't know or understand is either lying or just doesn't care which leads me to the real issue here, self-absorption. Anyone who texts or takes a photo is 100% saying "my personal choice greatly out-weights the

• Giant musical at the Public  Nov 17 2016, 09:41:17 AM

I agree it was a cliffsnotes version and one of the very few times I've seen a show where I thought it should be a two-parter. Not financially wise to do that, I know but I'd love to have seen that cast doing the original 6 hour (or whatever it was) version.

• Andy Mietnus joins Wicked tour..  Nov 16 2016, 09:36:27 PM

MikeInTheDistrict said: "^ Wasn't Norbert Leo Butz (original Fiyero) shorter than that? I wonder when they settled on the height requirements."

Norbert himself has joked about that. He's only around 5'7. He was also the only Fiyero that was wigged.

• SWEET CHARITY Revival  Nov 16 2016, 12:09:15 PM

I saw this last night and thought the entire cast was great. I did, however think the Frug and Rhythm of Life were a bit lackluster. Without the Fosse choreography the number just isn't a show-stopper and is a tad superfluous. I felt similarly about the vocals of Rhythm of Life. Joel Perez has a lovely voice (and I really liked his Vittorio) but that number was sung very straight and more "Up with People" than taking me to church. Again, it felt like an unnecessary number.

• THE PLAY THAT GOES WRONG on Broadway This Spring  Nov 14 2016, 03:19:06 PM

Saw this in London two years ago and loved it. It's completely silly and I totally see how it's not for some people, but I'm very glad I mad a last minute decision to see it.

Snagged some orchestra seats for $25!

• SWEET CHARITY Revival  Nov 8 2016, 11:48:43 AM

I'm guessing she'll pull double duty (filming during the day, show at night) the last couple of weeks of the run, film for a few months, then have a late April opening on broadway.

• What Sondheim is the most challenging?  Nov 5 2016, 10:04:14 PM

The most challenging Sondheim is when he has you tied to a bottomless chair in the dungeon...allegedly.

• Sheryl Lee Ralph in Wicked  Nov 5 2016, 04:19:11 PM

Morrible: How many times do we have to go through this? Witchin' does not put food on the table. Witchin' does not pay the bills. Witchin' is no guarantee to a future. even if you have got talent. Elphie. If you want to win in life. then keep your nose in them books and out of the clouds. Elphie. I know how you feel. Really. I do. But there are a lot of talented people right down there on the streets... witchin' their "shoulda-coulda-woulda's." - N

• Mel B joining 'Chicago'  Nov 2 2016, 01:52:05 PM

ACL2006 said: "Mya cancelled her run due to an ankle injury that occurred during rehearsals."

Yup, that was the story they told the press. That and Christian Hoff's foot. :)