Profile for nasty_khakis

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld nasty_khakis
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: nasty_khakis
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 1 - 8
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
Cabaret
Chicago
Company
Evita
Fosse
Grey Gardens
Gypsy
Hairspray
Into the Woods
Ragtime
Rent
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The Light in the Piazza
The Little Dog Laughed
The Mikado
The Producers
West Side Story
Xanadu

Favorite Performer(s): Laura Benanti
Kelly Bishop
Kristin Chenoweth
Christine Ebersole
Manoel Felciano
Barrett Foa
Sutton Foster
Tyler Hanes
David Hyde-Pierce
Cheyenne Jackson
Jane Krakowski
Leslie Kritzer
Angela Lansbury
Beth Leavel
Spencer Liff
Donna McKechnie
Bebe Neuwirth
Kelli O'Hara
Bernadette Peters
Chita Rivera
Gwen Verdon
Julie White
Patrick Wilson

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Extreme set differences between a shows world premiere and it's Broadway debut  Apr 20 2017, 11:23:50 AM

The New London Theatre where School of Rock is playing in London is a three-quarter thrust like the Oliver stage or Vivian Beaumont. 

• Riedel on Spacey hosting and his nominees for Best Actor  Apr 19 2017, 10:08:28 AM

They can easily petition for him to be featured if they wanted. Many parts have been nominated in both categories over their various productions. 

• Caissie Levy 54 Below Cancelled  Apr 18 2017, 11:27:18 AM

I imagine she wants to rest her body and voice for the Wicked labs. I don't know if they've added stuff but that's a tough song to sing and rehearse for weeks and she has a lot of people to impress if she wants to keep on with the show. 

• Favorite Musical Theatre Podcast?  Apr 14 2017, 11:12:00 AM

Alex Kulak2 said: "What are some of your favorite podcasts about musical theatre? Mine is Jim and Tomic's Musical Theatre Happy Hour"

I like them somewhat but they go off on way too many tangents and basically say on the tangent longer than the actual musical they're supposed to talk about. They also get facts wrong pretty often. I never email/tweet corrections because I'm not that guy, but I am the guy who screams "No, it was LANIE KAZAN!!"

• Sending playbills to be signed  Apr 10 2017, 11:10:40 AM

Most shows will for a donation to BCEFA (the amount depends on the show, $20-50 usually) so you'd need to send proof of donation and a self addressed stamped envelope for them to return the playbill to you.

• People to play Pseudolus  Apr 9 2017, 05:07:30 PM

Wasn't Corden all but announced for a revival that fell through when he got his talk show?

• Theatre Sippy Cup Questions  Mar 31 2017, 10:16:45 AM

Honestly you could just walk by the theatre during walk out, walk inside and pick one up someone left on the bar on their way out. I used to work at the Palace and people left those cups there by the dozens. If you want to see it again, by all means do, but you honestly don't have to.

• THE LITTLE FOXES Previews  Mar 31 2017, 10:04:10 AM

I take the lack of comment on it means Linney's Regina isn't that good? Or at least not memorable.

• CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews  Mar 27 2017, 02:18:50 PM

I believe the dress got postponed until tomorrow afternoon. 

• If Hello Dolly could extend its run?  Mar 27 2017, 11:41:13 AM

dianamorales said: "I second Andrea Martin. Or hey, why not barbra?"

I know Andrea has spoken about how she loved playing Dolly in The Matchmaker.

• Casting of My Fair Lady at Lyric Opera Chicago  Mar 24 2017, 10:19:00 AM

I was told there were discount codes for the first few performances but can't seem to find one online. Does anyone have them? I'd really like to see this on my visit next month.

• AM√ČLIE Rush Reports  Mar 20 2017, 11:29:51 AM

Happy to hear they're not balcony. When I tried to rush something there a couple of years ago I'd be straight forward and tell the box office if they were balcony I wouldn't buy them. They laughed and gave me side orchestra and said they didn't blame me. 

• Sweet Charity to transfer next season  Mar 19 2017, 11:26:31 PM

The only thing I really want changed desperately is for them to stage the songs to be show-stoppers. Rich Man's Frug, Rhythm of Life, and I'm a Brass Band should be big brassy numbers, not 3 people dancing the same two steps over and over in circles. 

• The View Upstairs?  Mar 15 2017, 03:51:23 PM

I completely agree. It also seemed like all modern references were already dated. I even feel like some things the 1973 characters said seemed a bit modern (but I'm not an expert on the etymology of drag queens saying "shady bitch".

It didn't help the majority of the cast kept going off key in their solos. The only character I really felt anything for was Dale, expertly played by Ben Mayne. 

I lik

• The Official TDF Thread  Mar 15 2017, 01:02:42 PM
  • why doesn't Hamilton take over another broadway theater?  Mar 15 2017, 12:35:42 PM

" And then you get the people who will probably demand to go in because they are there and shouldn't have to travel further,  even though they are wrong. I work in retail,  I see this all the time."

This. People will show up late to the wrong theatre and insist they're right. It may not be hundreds nightly but I can see people screaming already. Not to mention the people who will claim they bought a ticket to see cast A but really bought cast B

• Roles for Catherine Zeta Jones!  Mar 14 2017, 02:57:45 PM

I think CZJ would as well, but I see her more as a Dynamite Carlotta.

• Roles for Catherine Zeta Jones!  Mar 14 2017, 02:41:59 PM

Mame, Norma, Spiderwoman.

"If there's ever going to be a film version of "Follies," she'd be a fantastic Phyllis."

Not as long as Michelle Pfeiffer is alive and I have access to email!

• Bad Theater Behavior  Mar 12 2017, 03:42:58 PM

Yes, Hairspray did. When I tended bar at other theatres people got downright mean sometimes when I said we didn't. "But Hairspray DOES!!"

Wicked's merch also made people think all shows had snow globes, golf balls, beach towels, etc.

• PRESENT LAUGHTER Previews  Mar 11 2017, 10:24:10 AM

I agree, but didn't fine Colbie to be that stand out. I kept thinking someone like Nina Arianda would have a feast with that part while Colbie was just getting the on the page laughs. The audience did respond the best to her so I must be the odd man out.

Kristine Nielson is, as always, a comic genius and makes the most out of her part.

I think it was a solid first preview. Comedies like this only get better with audiences and I have a feeling everyone will grow and find