Profile for nasty_khakis

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld nasty_khakis
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: nasty_khakis
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 1 - 8
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
Grey Gardens
Into the Woods
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The Light in the Piazza
The Little Dog Laughed
The Mikado
The Producers
West Side Story

Favorite Performer(s): Laura Benanti
Kelly Bishop
Kristin Chenoweth
Christine Ebersole
Manoel Felciano
Barrett Foa
Sutton Foster
Tyler Hanes
David Hyde-Pierce
Cheyenne Jackson
Jane Krakowski
Leslie Kritzer
Angela Lansbury
Beth Leavel
Spencer Liff
Donna McKechnie
Bebe Neuwirth
Kelli O'Hara
Bernadette Peters
Chita Rivera
Gwen Verdon
Julie White
Patrick Wilson

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 24 2015, 12:21:49 PM

With my rush ticket this morning I got a slip of paper saying there was a mandatory bag check for $2. I have a small tote that always fits under theatre seats without an issue. Will they make me check it? That seems a little ridiculous since it's the size of an average purse.

• Grease: Live casting  Nov 23 2015, 04:49:16 PM

Why are they blatantly copying the movie's hair and costumes? I get there's only so much you can do with jeans, a tshirt, and leather jacket, but c'mon...

• Michael Bennett's Attempt to Fix  Nov 20 2015, 12:17:19 PM

Audra would also be an excellent Sally. Her Phyllis could be interesting as well, honestly. Maybe Audra and Benanti could swap roles every other night?

• HOLIDAY INN to Open on Broadway, Fall 2016  Nov 19 2015, 04:28:56 PM

otherwise, why?

Because someone else owns the rights to Holiday Inn and wants that money.

I honestly think Holiday Inn is by far the superior movie, minus the "Abraham" bit.

• Grease: Live casting  Nov 12 2015, 04:37:50 PM

Even though you totally said Eve Plumb I still thought "Jennifer Elise Cox is brilliant and I'm glad she's in this!!"

• The Glass Menagerie  Nov 12 2015, 03:53:56 PM

Like I said, it wasn't that heavy handed and it could have just been how I interpreted how they interacted. I'm usually the one rolling my eyes when a director or actor suddenly decided a character is gay, but they gave off vibes of attraction to each other for sure.

Tom's only real male friend is the GC; he had no one else to bring home. He wasn't exactly bringing him home as a boyfriend to meet the family.

• Patti LuPone & Christine Ebersole to star in WAR PAINT at Chicago's Goodman Theatre!  Nov 12 2015, 03:25:59 PM

SOMEBODY get a documentary crew to document this backstage!!

• The Glass Menagerie  Nov 12 2015, 01:17:17 PM

It's possible Tom knew but was tired of his mother telling him to bring his sister a caller he just asked the only guy he was close to. 

It might just have been me, but in the last revival I got a strong feeling Tom and the GC had a romantic/sexual relationship. Obviously nothing spoken, but they exchanged glances and had a few moments.

• Oh, Jesus. They're making a Tennessee Williams biopic.  Nov 12 2015, 12:28:11 PM

As far as biopics go his life could be really interesting and his mannerisms and quirks are awards-bait for an actor.

I'd honestly prefer a 'slice of life' biopic that focuses on a moment in his life and not so much a life-spanning epic where things get glossed over.

• School of Rock Previews  Nov 10 2015, 12:16:55 PM

How big was the lottery before the show?

• ON YOUR FEET! Reviews  Nov 6 2015, 01:29:57 PM

I know it's never required and the producers never have to, but I'm still shocked there is no rush or lottery for this. 

• TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play  Nov 5 2015, 01:21:52 PM

Could a member of Play by Play send me a PM? I have a random membership question I'd like to ask.

Can a Gold Club member tell me if they've improved lately? Feel free to PM any good offers posted lately.

• STEVE previews New Group  Nov 5 2015, 09:35:10 AM

I saw this last night and overall enjoyed it. It's fairly light, but entertaining. The dialogue is full of musical theatre jokes and references (a little Into the Woods-heavy, those start to get old).

The cast was over good, Mario playing essentially Mario. Matt McGrath giving a wonderfully layered and funny performance despite not being 100% with his lines (he seemed to stumble with words a lot and correct himself).

The plot was fairly basic, a couple, Steven a

• Color Purple Revival  Nov 4 2015, 11:11:33 AM

I think just about *any* strongly-written piece can hold up to a smart director only using a few chairs, etc. I've heard many actors who've worked with Doyle say things like "he kept taking away things in rehearsals, first my coffee cup, then my chair!" and I respect a minimalist approach, but I want to see him do, I dunno, something like a Guys and Dolls* with actual sets and costumes.

*(Guys and Dolls was a stand in for any big muuuuuuuueeeewsical, I'

• NY Philharmonic 2015 show?  Nov 3 2015, 11:21:29 PM

The Secret Garden.

• HELLO DOLLY in Boca Raton with Broadway legend┬áLee Roy Reams playing Dolly!  Nov 3 2015, 12:51:33 PM

Exactly, Kad. It took Charles Busch a few attempts to convince the Lawrence and Lee estate that he would play the role of Auntie Mame as a woman and NOT as a man dressed as a women.

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/1/15  Nov 3 2015, 11:46:17 AM

The first time I saw those full cast list slips was when I was working the last West Side Story revival. After the Tony's there was a high amount of injuries and absenteeism. They got so tired of having to put in 5-10 slips every day they just started printing the sheets for every show, even if it was just one understudy or swing on. That show at one point had to add an extra understudy board! To be fair that was mostly because of how the understudy and swing system was set up. If, say, A

• Jessie Mueller Injury?  Nov 3 2015, 09:50:16 AM

Oh I guess she kept her Bridges wig and costume...

• Jessie Mueller Injury?  Nov 2 2015, 10:08:46 PM

Did Kelli dye her hair?? It doesn't look like her show wig or as red as it is in the show.

• Is Sondheim working on a new musical (Or is he semi-retired?)  Oct 31 2015, 11:34:11 PM

I've heard the same. It's two movies with similar themes and plots being combined into one story. Supposedly it's close to workshopping, but my source there isn't solid and you can technically workshop three songs and one scene.