Advertisement

Profile for nasty_khakis

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld nasty_khakis
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: nasty_khakis
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 1 - 8
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
Cabaret
Chicago
Company
Evita
Fosse
Grey Gardens
Gypsy
Hairspray
Into the Woods
Ragtime
Rent
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The Light in the Piazza
The Little Dog Laughed
The Mikado
The Producers
West Side Story
Xanadu

Favorite Performer(s): Laura Benanti
Kelly Bishop
Kristin Chenoweth
Christine Ebersole
Manoel Felciano
Barrett Foa
Sutton Foster
Tyler Hanes
David Hyde-Pierce
Cheyenne Jackson
Jane Krakowski
Leslie Kritzer
Angela Lansbury
Beth Leavel
Spencer Liff
Donna McKechnie
Bebe Neuwirth
Kelli O'Hara
Bernadette Peters
Chita Rivera
Gwen Verdon
Julie White
Patrick Wilson

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Ben Vereen to play Doctor Scott in Fox's RHPS  Feb 5 2016, 04:31:52 PM

Well, we know he must be in the wheelchair because of David Foster.

• BLACKBIRD Previews  Feb 5 2016, 11:03:55 AM

Blackbird is also technically a remount. I mean, it's been a few years, but he and Jeff Daniels did it off broadway a few years ago. Not quite the same thing as a quick, exact same cast transfer, but it's hardly starting a piece from scratch.

• Charles Busch's Cleopatra  Feb 5 2016, 09:33:18 AM

People do get there relatively early for seats, but it's a TINY 99 seat theatre with stadium style raised seating so there's honestly not a bad seat in the house. Just don't show up as a group of 4 at 7:55 and expect people to move for you to all sit together.

I'm glad they feel like this one is good enough to bring back or transfer. The Divine Sister was glorious there as well as the Soho Playhouse.

• Charles Busch's Cleopatra  Feb 4 2016, 12:38:28 PM

I snatched up tickets the second they went on sale. I adore Busch and love that he's done several of these small off-off broadway plays in the East Village. I know it's not the same thing as going on at midnight in a nightclub but it still makes me feel like I'm catching the original shows.

• Contracts An American in Paris  Feb 4 2016, 11:04:32 AM

Wow, I admire his commitment to the show and work can be hard to come by for any actor, but I can't imagine signing on for a second year. Maybe he got more perks like vacation time or an easy 4 week out-clause. 

• Prodigal Son (previews)  Feb 4 2016, 09:42:38 AM

I agree about the revelations about the headmaster and the teacher in the last 15 minutes. It honestly felt like he was trying to write Doubt-lite.

• The Rocky Horror Show Casting Announcement  Feb 2 2016, 12:12:00 PM

Does anyone know who's doing the casting? I assume it's Telsey since they did Grease Live and they cast Annaleigh in/as everything.

• Grease Live vs Actual Show?  Feb 1 2016, 02:57:46 PM

Didn't a theatre company in Chicago do the original-orignal version full of language and dirtier bits just a year or so ago to great acclaim? I wish that could be done more.

• Broadway-bound (?) EMPIRE THE MUSICAL to play La Mirada  Feb 1 2016, 11:44:08 AM

I always laugh when ANY musical uses "Broadway-Bound!" in their marketing. Technically speaking, aren't 99.9% of shows eventually aiming for broadway? Me singing "When It Ends" in the shower this morning is really my pre-broadway engagement.

• Sandy Duncan to join Finding Neverland  Jan 29 2016, 12:08:09 PM

I believe that dressing room used to have a bathtub in it that was installed by Elizabeth Taylor during Private Lives. Or maybe that was at the Martin Beck?

• RANDOM Smash throwback  Jan 27 2016, 10:49:30 AM

Now I have to see it, and eat a banana, and get mad about pancakes.

You do that while I make a rage salad.

• The Play That Goes Wrong  Jan 20 2016, 11:42:43 AM

I saw this in London last spring and could not stop laughing. I can see this being a fun sleeper hit (meaning it doesn't really need names) or working well in a Roundabout-style transfer.

• Minor yet memorable roles and salaries for actors  Jan 18 2016, 02:42:47 PM

Don't be fooled by the "percentage of profits" lines. Tom Hanks famously tells the story of how Forrest Gump has made hundreds of millions worldwide in the past 20 years but still hasn't seen a penny of his back end. He keeps being told "oh well, we had to market this rerelease, but it's right around the corner" and they haven't turned a profit. 

• NOISES OFF Reviews  Jan 14 2016, 10:30:55 PM

Especially shocking since he he never misses a chance to write a love letter to Hilty.

• HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Jan 13 2016, 01:23:08 PM

How about Miss Jennifer Lewis??!

• Cynthia and Danielle out of Color Purple tonight  Jan 7 2016, 02:29:56 PM

Thank goodness! I've had my ticket for tonight for a few weeks and the only reason I bought tickets was to see Cynthia. I'm usually very encouraging and happy to see understudies but I'm happy I get to see Cynthia.

• HAMILTON's Digital Lottery--Just for the Winter  Jan 5 2016, 03:53:52 PM

I remember when in person lotteries started happening I got really upset because I fully believed I "earned" those cheap tickets by getting up early and waiting in line.

• HAMILTON's Digital Lottery--Just for the Winter  Jan 5 2016, 03:44:25 PM

I actually got an email telling me I won On Your Feet but the site won't let me pay for my ticket. So it's all a mess.

• Film Adaptation of SUNSET BOULEVARD in the Works! Will Glenn Close Reprise Her Role?  Jan 5 2016, 10:02:58 AM

No, no, you misunderstood. She'd be playing Max, Albert Knobbs-style. She still can't let that character go.

• Herbal Cigarettes on Stage  Dec 29 2015, 02:55:22 PM

I've heard of actors refusing to smoke at all on stage and they simply hold a fake cigarette and mimic the motions. 

I once saw Agnes of God in a TINY store-front blackbox and the actress chain smoked throughout the entire play. Half the audience spent the show coughing and fanning their faces and the poor actress could barely speak by the end. I know it says she chain smokes in the script, but it was still rather annoying.

BROADWAYWORLD TV