BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for nasty_khakis
Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld nasty_khakis
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: nasty_khakis
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 1 - 8
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
Cabaret
Chicago
Company
Evita
Fosse
Grey Gardens
Gypsy
Hairspray
Into the Woods
Ragtime
Rent
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweeney Todd
The Light in the Piazza
The Little Dog Laughed
The Mikado
The Producers
West Side Story
Xanadu

Favorite Performer(s): Laura Benanti
Kelly Bishop
Kristin Chenoweth
Christine Ebersole
Manoel Felciano
Barrett Foa
Sutton Foster
Tyler Hanes
David Hyde-Pierce
Cheyenne Jackson
Jane Krakowski
Leslie Kritzer
Angela Lansbury
Beth Leavel
Spencer Liff
Donna McKechnie
Bebe Neuwirth
Kelli O'Hara
Bernadette Peters
Chita Rivera
Gwen Verdon
Julie White
Patrick Wilson

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Best Cast Recording of Gypsy?  Aug 27 2015, 01:36:25 PM

Angela except use Benanti's songs.

I also really enjoyed Imelda Staunton's performance in the theatre, but the tempos on the cast recording really seem to drag. Also almost every other actor in the production seemed to have terrible American accents. 

• Honor Women and Save Hamilton: 'The Ten-Dollar Founding Father'  Aug 26 2015, 03:20:01 PM

When the announcement was made that this was happening my immediate thought was "why not the $20? Jackson is far more a questionable person!"

• STREISAND wants to make GYPSY  Aug 25 2015, 11:41:17 AM

Leachman is Elektra! Harper is Mazeppa!

• The Sting heading to B'dway?  Aug 21 2015, 10:06:52 AM

The writing team alone has me excited. The fact it's based on one of my favorite movies that I can see adapting VERY well to stage has my setting expectations way too high. lol

• Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!  Aug 19 2015, 12:45:58 PM

RIGHT! Thanks for correcting me and being nice about it. Silber is wonderful as well.

• Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!  Aug 19 2015, 12:02:39 PM

I don't know any of the actual stories behind her "leaving/being asked to leave" Fun Home so I don't know anything about her personally, but I'm SO happy Silber is in this. She was perfect in Fun Home and so great in Encores! Paint Your Wagon

**I'm dumb and confused the two. Apologizes.

• Fool For Love 30under30  Aug 19 2015, 10:31:32 AM

Could somebody send me the code? I haven't gotten an email from MTC.

• Emmy Winner Wayne Brady Will Succeed Billy Porter in Broadway's KINKY BOOTS  Aug 13 2015, 03:39:35 PM

"I wish Rupaul was the replacement

There is ZERO way. Ru's voice is no means capable, not to mention he has said repeatedly he now really doesn't like getting in drag and will only do it for a real paycheck. They'd also have to hire Matthu Anderson to paint Ru every night, as well as give him a 6 show a week schedule. 

• Crucible Revival  Aug 7 2015, 10:42:52 AM

Am I the only one who found Tavi Gevinson's speaking voice incredibly...strange.

• the birdcage as a modern musical  Aug 6 2015, 11:10:03 AM

When my best friend and I saw the most recent revival of La Cage, we kept going "wouldn't it be great if they used the better jokes from the Birdcage script?"

I don't think this would be at all successful, if anything it would just create a lot of confusion marketing-wise, but I honestly prefer the script of the Birdcage. I'd love to see the Dindons have what Dianne Weist and Gene Hackman have, especially in terms of buildup to the dinner.

• MAME - Broadway Revival  Aug 4 2015, 02:23:48 PM

She wouldn't make a cent, but Jan Maxwell would be inspired.

• Glenn Close To Reprise Role in ENO's  Jul 24 2015, 11:16:46 AM

I'm not defending the Madonna keys necessarily, just don't get Patti being a hypocrite about people changing keys of songs.

• Unique Sweeney Todd productions?  Jul 24 2015, 10:39:10 AM

The Harrington's Pie and Mash production was very fun and interesting, but I found the acting to be...lackluster. No one was terrible, but no one was doing anything new. I'm still very glad I saw it though.

• Glenn Close To Reprise Role in ENO's  Jul 24 2015, 10:21:10 AM

"Ugh. Worst. Idea. Ever.
    She could BARLEY sing it 20 years ago. What makes her think she can sing it now??
    My favorite thing is once I saw Patti in Orange County. Before she sang With One Look she told the piano player "Please play the next song in the key in which it was written"
    So perfect. Love Patti! "

I HATE when Patti makes those statements. She did it about the Evita movie too. Patti sang "Worst Pies" in a

• Megan Hilty, Rob McClure etc to join RTC NOISES OFF!  Jul 24 2015, 10:15:44 AM

Any idea when Hiptix Gold will go on sale?

• Megan Hilty, Rob McClure etc to join RTC NOISES OFF!  Jul 24 2015, 09:21:12 AM

Megan Hilty is always hilarious, Rob McClure is goofy and charming, Tracee Chimo is a scene-stealing force, Jeremy Shamos is the hardest working "non for profit" actor out there, and Kate Jennings Grant is just just terrific. So excited!!!

• Roundabout Hiptix  Jul 14 2015, 09:19:52 PM

I bought tickets to Therese and Old Times today with my Hiptix Gold account.

• Jan Maxwell considering leaving the theatre...  Jul 8 2015, 11:30:48 AM

She's probably too old, but she is my ideal Mame. Warm while still being tough, elegant, regal, sassy without being a bitch, etc etc.

• Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!  Jul 4 2015, 01:07:54 PM

Jackie is 100% capable of sticking to a script and listening to a director.

• TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play  Jul 4 2015, 12:59:10 PM

Could I get a PM too about this site?

BROADWAYWORLD TV