Profile for DAME

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld DAME
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: DAME
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 7 - 6
AOL IM: DAMEHUSSY
Favorite Show(s): Chicago
Parade

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Well, hello, Patti (LaBelle)!  May 26 2017, 01:06:11 PM

Patti is definitely confused as this particular production came about because of Bette.   I hope what will happen is this... Bette will continue to have a great time doing it and will extend. but with a possible break during the winter months .   Then the show will close when she does leave and a tour will be mounted with someone else.  Even though I wish she would tour with it and take her Dolly to the world.

• Well, hello, Patti (LaBelle)!  May 25 2017, 10:28:40 PM

JSquared2 said: "Ms LaBelle is confused. There had been at least 2 different Broadway producers attached to the rights for a revival of HELLO DOLLY over the past 5 years--- but neither one came through (obviously). One of them may have approached her about it at some point ---but I can assure you that Scott Rudin has no interest in her as a replacement Dolly. He's thinking a lot bigger. 

"

Maybe Patti can do a bus and truck?

• Phones are back - Glenn Close stops performance half-way  May 25 2017, 02:03:50 PM

haterobics said: "DAME said: "I can't wait for Bette's first meltdown.  But I imagine since she is a arena concert performer the cell phones don't bother her as much."

Dolly routinely breaks the fourth wall anyway...
    "

That is why I think she will get away with sharp scolding.

• Phones are back - Glenn Close stops performance half-way  May 25 2017, 01:59:22 PM

I can't wait for Bette's first meltdown.  But I imagine since she is a arena concert performer the cell phones don't bother her as much.

• Bette Midler: Why it took 50 years to return to Broadway ... and my 'unforgettable' visit with Carol Channing  May 21 2017, 09:18:57 PM

Bettyboy72 said: "Steve C. said: "Not really quibbling...but we know HD and Bette are THE success we hoped it would be but they are being so stingy with the "outside the theater" PR, sales and etc., (really, they could throw us a chicken bone, Bette does).

No video, a short CD, no photos, the CD booklet is lovely but could have used a few pictures. Yes, it's a HIT ! I guess they want to keep up the hype at every level to buy a ticket. We're going

• HELLO, DOLLY! Reviews  May 21 2017, 12:38:28 PM

These are FAB!   Did you see there is full video of the title number on instagram?

• First listen HELLO, DOLLY!  May 21 2017, 12:36:38 PM

Thank you Robbie.  I love this recording more and more with every listen.  Thanks for the pics.  keep it up!

• Dear Evan Hansen Ice Cream Truck  May 20 2017, 12:46:27 PM

NJ_BroadwayGirl said: "AngInFL79 said: "There is a meaning behind it, you'd have to see the show to understand. A La Mode!! I think it was a great idea!!"

I've seen the show and I get that reference ... but ice cream is mentioned one time in the show and is kind of incidental. It's definitely not a theme and could practically be a blink and you miss it moment. 

If they are giving away ice cream for the sake of being

• Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.  May 19 2017, 02:12:07 PM

So were the Mikitas.  ( Jesse Tyler Ferguson and husband)

• Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.  May 19 2017, 01:28:44 PM

Sorry Robbie;  my wires got crossed.

• Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.  May 18 2017, 08:59:49 PM

They should do Sunday Clothes it features more of the principals.   But I imagine CBS will insist on the title number.

• Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.  May 18 2017, 08:03:32 PM

@Robbie  If I am not mistaken it was last weekend of previews.  Jane and Lily were in the city doing promotion for Grace and Frankie. 

• Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.  May 17 2017, 07:36:25 PM

Have you seen who is campaigning to be the nest Dolly on Instagram and social media?  BWW NEWS DESK?

• Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.  May 17 2017, 05:57:43 PM

How do you do it?  Can you put the one of Jane Fonda with Bette?

• Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.  May 17 2017, 04:53:35 PM

How funny that BWW puts it on as news right after I posted it.  It is at least a few days old.  Way to stay on it news desk!   

• Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.  May 17 2017, 04:09:34 PM

Here it is

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUHo63IB6xK/?taken-by=reba

• Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.  May 17 2017, 04:07:49 PM

Theres a neat picture of Reba visiting Bette backstage at Dolly on Instagram.  Look for it there or maybe Robbie can repost here?

• HELLO, DOLLY! with Donna Murphy  May 17 2017, 04:02:43 PM

ACL2006 said: "Yet I wonder how many tourists will buy a ticket when it's over at TKTS during Midler's vacations without knowing it's Murphy performing?

"

TKTS tell you.  If they know.. they are good with stuff like that.

• HELLO, DOLLY! with Donna Murphy  May 17 2017, 03:52:17 PM

Auggie27 said: "Her performance will likely develop a following, since it's available and many will see it first who have to wait for Midler.  I'm curious how it's selling. When I bought my Bette seats six weeks ago (for August), the Murphy performances were wide open at the box office. Virtually none were sold. I suspect they'll sell fine, just closer to the performance dates.

"

The hardcore theater queens will g

• Riedel on producers wooing out of town Tony votersThe  May 17 2017, 12:49:59 PM

I will be interested to hear if Bette does attend that shindig this Thursday.  It might be a sign of if she plans on continuing with Dolly in any way.  I still say she needs to take this Dolly to the world.  If not at least London and key US cities.  She did bring "I will eat you last"  to Los Angeles and has said that she loves playing LA.. and she is a touring goddess... she loves touring.