BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for DAME
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: DAME
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 7 - 6
AOL IM: DAMEHUSSY
Favorite Show(s): Chicago
Parade

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • HAMILTON on Broadway  May 15 2015, 11:36:27 PM

If you are tall the mezz seats might not be for you.  No leg space .  First thing I ever saw in this theater was Best Little Whorehouse.  I love the feel of this house. 

• ZORBA @ CITY CENTER/ENCORES  May 6 2015, 12:19:42 AM

I love the score.   I have fond memories of the Anthony Quinn revival.  

• Pippin Tour?  May 3 2015, 03:58:42 PM

Yes.  3 weeks.  But there must be a story there.  Sam Lipps had been out a lot.  

• Message Board Update!  Apr 29 2015, 03:21:10 PM

"Rob, I'm not saying this only because your pic is super cute (what's your sign?), but you could seriously teach much bigger organizations a thing or two about customer service and responsiveness.  

Imagine if Rob ran the customer experience at Time Warner or Comcast.  "

You'd be listening to show tunes while you continue to hold.  

• FINDING NEVERLAND Reviews  Apr 15 2015, 11:36:17 PM

Yikes.  These are really awful reviews.  Even in the trades.  

• Palace Theatre-extreme sides orchestra? How's the view.  Apr 15 2015, 07:15:53 PM

The extreme sides of the Palace Orchestra is elevated.  Almost like box seats.  I like them..just stay towards the front.  I prefer them to the mid orchestra because I don't like the rake in the Palace and if someone tall sits in front of you.. you are f***'d.

• IT SHOULDA BEEN YOU Reviews  Apr 14 2015, 09:52:06 PM

"He's refering to DHP's husband having written the book and lyrics."

Thanks for clearing that up.  I didn't know.  I thought that he was insinuating that NPH had put money into the show to get the hubby a job.  

• IT SHOULDA BEEN YOU Reviews  Apr 14 2015, 09:22:14 PM

"It’s terrible. And it shoulda been left in turnaround after years of kicking around agency offices, instead of being offered up for sacrifice in this $7 million vanity production. Oh, the things we do for love…"

This quote is pretty nasty.  Is he referring to NPH?

DEADLINE

• Darren Criss in Hedwig  Apr 13 2015, 09:16:43 PM

"I am sure. They want the show to keep running and they want to make money. There's a demographic of Criss fans out there, I'm sure. From watching him on tv"

Reminds me of the time Andy Gibb went into Joseph.  Shit I am old. 

• Darren Criss in Hedwig  Apr 13 2015, 06:41:18 PM

"I'm not sure why everyone seems to think they know better than JCM and the creative team"

It is not a matter of knowing better.  At this point I am sure it is about money.. and why shouldn't it be?  He will bring $$$$$ in.  

• Darren Criss in Hedwig  Apr 13 2015, 06:23:40 PM

" I want them to have the same "life changing" experience at Hedwig, and if it's Darren Criss's presence that gets them in the theater, great."

I am in total agreement with you. 

• Darren Criss in Hedwig  Apr 13 2015, 06:04:16 PM

"If the "screaming girls" bring their best guy friends, the ones who don't hit on them like the jocks, and the boys they do theater with at school, THOSE are the people I want to have a chance to see Hedwig.  And Darren Criss just might give them the opportunity."

You just want to see the boys they bring.    

• Darren Criss in Hedwig  Apr 13 2015, 05:56:50 PM

He can't act and has no stage presence. As witnessed in his previous outing he was all performance ( and a bad one) and no substance.  This will probably be the screaming girls of "How to.."  all over again.   They don't care about Hedwig.  They want to see Darren Chris.  Well good for them and I hope they enjoy. To anyone with real theater savy in their blood this is a real waste of money and time.  The pic is a good representation of what you will probably

• Casting for Zorba at Encores  Apr 7 2015, 02:03:22 PM

I guess the much hinted at Antonio Banderas revival ain't going to happen?

• Hot Tix for Cinderella in Los Angeles  Mar 23 2015, 07:47:25 PM
    Second row of the balcony?
  • Hot Tix for Cinderella in Los Angeles  Mar 23 2015, 05:45:24 PM
    Here is the answer to your question even if you just deleted it. Hot Tix are $20 to $25.00 seats the Ahmanson sell for shows. You can only buy them a few weeks before the show and they are usually labeled partial view. However they vary from production to production. Depending on a how a show is selling and how generous a producer wants to be.

• Hot Tix for Cinderella in Los Angeles  Mar 23 2015, 05:27:17 PM
    New block goes on sale tomorrow for last weeks of the run. Has anyone done them for this show? How have they been?

• Tim Gunn Left At Intermission  Mar 23 2015, 02:29:12 PM
    I saw Whoopi leave South Pacific at intermission.
  • Into the woods Blu Ray or DVD?  Mar 23 2015, 12:36:39 PM
    @Bestie.. Thank you for the info. The details in the AMAZON page has wrong information. That is why I was questioning as to wether to get the BR or the dvd. I know the quality of the BR is always much better. But my question was pertaining more towards the extras features.

• Into the woods Blu Ray or DVD?  Mar 22 2015, 06:40:59 PM
    Thanks Bestie. Amazons info on the blu ray confused me. How could they make such stupid mistakes?