BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for DAME
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: DAME
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 7 - 6
AOL IM: DAMEHUSSY
Favorite Show(s): Chicago
Parade

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Center Theater Group  Jul 24 2015, 06:38:11 PM

Really can't say enough good things about Center Theater Group and how they are making theater affordable to anyone.  I have seen just about everything at all their theaters thru their Hot Tix program.  And every once in a while you will get e mailed great offers...   Last night I saw Bent for $10.00... and it has to be one of the most stunning and moving experiences I have had in the theater in a long time.

• BENT - Mark Taper Forum  Jul 24 2015, 03:43:49 AM

It's a stunning production.

• Darren Criss in Hedwig  Jul 23 2015, 06:52:14 PM

@Carlos..... Yo se lo que fue que te gusto.  So don't even try it.  surprised

• Theodore Bikel's Tevye  Jul 23 2015, 02:58:13 PM

""I remember him rushing through the role of Tevye when I saw him do it live twice.  He was "in" the role fully, but rushed through it.  Even so, he gave a great performance!"
     Just curious if you saw Topol in the farewell tour before he had to withdraw due to injuries and was replaced by both Bikel and Harvey Fierstein. After seeing Topol even a snail would look like it was rushing through the role.
    But

• Why Does Michael Riedel hate  Jul 22 2015, 03:03:23 PM

Nothing against the show.  But I agree with him.  The puff pieces and PR for Hamilton have gotten so obnoxious.  I am hoping some other show comes out of the blue and proves a even bigger hit.  If anything to keep things a little more humble. 

• Theodore Bikel's Tevye  Jul 22 2015, 01:52:29 PM

Still looking.  The only clips I can find are of concerts and special appearances.  Looking specifically for clips with him from the show.

• Theodore Bikel's Tevye  Jul 21 2015, 07:18:39 PM

I am surprised some clips of his Tevye haven't started surfacing.  Their use to be a real good one of him and Susan Cella doing the Do You Love Me from the last tour.  But I can't find anything now. 

• The Visit Cast Album #1 On Billboard  Jul 21 2015, 06:47:10 PM

"Let's not blow this out of proportion, this is not a big deal at all. This chart just means that it sold the most out of any cast recording.  Finding Neverland will most likely be #1 next week and then Wicked and BoM will continue to be neck-and-neck."

Talk about Debbie Downer.    There is always someone ready to kill someones buzz

• BENT - Mark Taper Forum  Jul 20 2015, 07:48:19 PM

Everyone I know has been raving about this one.  

• BENT - Mark Taper Forum  Jul 17 2015, 06:53:33 PM

Jake Shears from Scissor Sisters is playing Greta the drag queen.  

• Ken Watanabe's last show  Jul 13 2015, 07:24:36 PM

They were.

• Hamilton Previews  Jul 13 2015, 06:37:36 PM

I gave in and bought a ticket for this and King And I for my December trip.  Dang.. between what I pad for both shows I could have gone on a a cruise.  

• Hand To God Audience Member Tries To Charge Phone Onstage  Jul 10 2015, 06:39:36 PM

You might be right .  But this is why their must be stronger consequences.  

• Hand To God Audience Member Tries To Charge Phone Onstage  Jul 10 2015, 05:41:13 PM

Fame is a double edged sword.   This press conference will now be on the internet forever.   

• Hand To God Audience Member Tries To Charge Phone Onstage  Jul 10 2015, 05:20:41 PM

@ ntrackbar.. Agreed.  And his giving a press conference while chewing gum like a cow is really irritating. You can tell what kind of person he is and it reflects badly on his family.  SHAME!!!!

• Glenn Close To Reprise Role in ENO's  Jul 10 2015, 05:14:32 PM

""Haven't we suffered enough hearing Ms Close attempt to sing the score?"

I had to sit through her opening night performance here in Los Angeles, and her singing was painful.
     "

But you loved it and went twice.

• Hand To God Audience Member Tries To Charge Phone Onstage  Jul 10 2015, 05:08:11 PM

What a jerk.  So he was underage and drinking... I think his parents should be somehow made accountable.  IDIOT.

• Cell Phone Hell at Shows for Days  Jul 10 2015, 04:52:12 PM

But Diva,  It is a real issue to me.  

• David Burtka - IT SHOULDA BEEN YOU  Jul 8 2015, 05:08:45 PM

Matty:

I did not read everything that leads up to your outburst.  My eye went right to your posting simply because I have been reading and participating here with you for years.  I just wanted to say that I think this over analyzing to the reasons for Burtkas exit is part of the territory and part of the monster ( for lack of a better word) that he and his hubby created. While in hollywood the nepotism got Burtka opened doors to many auditions he did not

• Kinky Boots maybe has a year left?  Jun 22 2015, 03:43:29 PM

Easily.  It is just doing ok.  Not gangbusters.  Glad to see so many of you think it will run more than a year.  It's summer and it is not selling out ( even if it is doing well) and who knows what winter months will bring.   I guess I am more interested in what they do now to keep going..  Well see next year.

BROADWAYWORLD TV