Profile for DAME

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld DAME
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: DAME
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 7 - 6
AOL IM: DAMEHUSSY
Favorite Show(s): Chicago
Parade

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Censorship on the BWW Boards  May 2 2016, 09:53:11 PM

I think Dollypop had started it.. and he began with Minnelli Deli.. and so on..

• Censorship on the BWW Boards  May 2 2016, 09:48:54 PM

Years ago.. there was a fabulous thread that I will call "Day of the Minnelli's"  For about 3 days this thread was hilariously habitated by everyone that was at the time surfing BWW.  Everyone was posting and being fun, harmonious, and joyful.  The thread went on and on and on.  Not one insult. Not one barb.  No snark.  All in good fun.  Then the moderator at the time (CRAIG) decided that he had enough and he deleted it with no explanation. &nb

• HAIRSPRAY LIVE! will have live audience and new songs!  May 2 2016, 03:17:43 PM

Arroz con Pollo.

• Nikki M. James replaces Patina Miller for Tony Nom announcement  May 2 2016, 03:01:19 PM

She probably thought she could do it.  Filming schedules change all the time.  

• SHUFFLE ALONG Reviews  Apr 28 2016, 08:12:37 PM

"a hot mess of the highest caliber"

That is how I felt.  

• AP Review  Apr 24 2016, 07:28:36 PM

When I saw it last week I thought it was fun junk.  Definitely do the lotto or tkts.  Fun!  But don't spend big money.   I had a better time at this than at Shuffle.  Just being honest .

• Is anyone going to be seeing Hamilton at Pantages in LA?  Apr 24 2016, 07:24:58 PM

We bought a subscription to guarantee our seats.   Their subscription sales are up 100 percent from last year.  We are in L on he extreme left.

• Broadway during Passover  Apr 15 2016, 02:21:24 PM

Since the Seders fall on a Friday and Saturday night..  You think ticket availability might be a little better ?

• Would Hamilton consider moving to a bigger theater?  Apr 14 2016, 02:59:02 PM

Dramamamma.. the answer to your question is YES.  And everyone else... I know what OP was asking.  I was just participating in the conversation.  Chill the F out!  Patty Murin is NOT the only reason this board is kind of dead.  You all need to learn to play nice. CABRONAS AMARGADAS!

• Would Hamilton consider moving to a bigger theater?  Apr 12 2016, 10:04:30 PM

You never know if it would happen a few years down the line.  Never say never.  Many shows have done it.  One example that quickly comes to mind is Annie.   Towards the end of its original  run it moved a few times.  And that is just  one example..... Lion King, Chicago, and Miz are others.     I also remember August Osage moving to the theater next door.  Never say never.  Ever.

• Rebecca Luker in Fun Home  Apr 6 2016, 08:33:58 PM

Beautiful voice.  Nice person.  But as an actress I have always found her very stiff and bland.    I hope she is wonderful in this. 

• Riedel inside the collapse of Cooks show  Mar 30 2016, 09:11:43 PM

Bettyboy72 said: "When the audience is uncomfortable wants to take care of the performer (Stritch, Liza, Cook) it is time to stop the concert level of performance. It's really heartbreaking.

That being said there are fantastic ways to have an audience with a legend, like Cook. Like recent events with Carol Channing, give Barbara a couch, a moderator, some clips and let her interact with fans. She is even welcome to sing as she likes, as much as she likes.

Th

• ACT OF GOD BACK TO BWAY  Mar 30 2016, 04:40:50 PM

I wasn't that impressed with him or the play.  

• Woman Of The Year rehearsal footage. HAPPY WEEKEND!  Mar 27 2016, 04:17:38 PM

Something tells me PJ would know.

• Woman Of The Year rehearsal footage. HAPPY WEEKEND!  Mar 26 2016, 07:15:46 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxZHzoam9vU

• Gentlemans Guide @ Anmanson  Mar 26 2016, 03:31:24 PM

Loved it!  Great night at the theater.

• Woman Of The Year rehearsal footage. HAPPY WEEKEND!  Mar 26 2016, 03:25:29 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bWjjtME7Gsg

• Ahmanson Theatre LA Season Announced  Mar 25 2016, 04:10:41 PM

nealb1 said: "It's all about money, Dame.  And, JB is a bit hit - just like when "Wicked" comes back So Cal time and time again.

That would have been wonderful if "The Audience" could have come to LA.  I saw it last year and loved it!

"

But they couldn't fill it at the Pantages last time.  

• Ahmanson Theatre LA Season Announced  Mar 25 2016, 12:12:06 PM

Jersey Boys has played LA too much.  And the third tier tour just went thru Palm Springs.. and consider the proximity of Las Vegas.  There was some chatter last year of Helen Mirren reprising The Queen at The Ahmanson.  Maybe that fell through and they had to get something in there.

• Is revival the only real Tony race this year?  Mar 24 2016, 02:57:38 PM

I still wish they had a replacement category.

BROADWAYWORLD TV