Breaking News
Profile for ClumsyDude15
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: ClumsyDude15
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 8 - 19
Favorite Show(s): 9 To 5: The Musical
A Chorus Line
A Little Night Music
All Shook Up
American Idiot
Anything Goes
Brigadoon
Bring It On: The Musical
Company
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Everyday Rapture
Finian's Rainbow
Gypsy
Hairspray
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
In the Heights
Into the Woods
Jersey Boys
Legally Blonde
Lysistrata Jones
Mary Poppins
next to normal
Peter and the Starcatcher
Promises, Promises
Ragtime
Rent
Shrek the Musical
Spring Awakening
Sweet Charity
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
The Drowsy Chaperone
The Light in the Piazza
The Little Mermaid
The Wedding Singer
Thoroughly Modern Millie
West Side Story
Wicked
Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown
Xanadu

Favorite Performer(s): Andy Karl
Annaleigh Ashford
Shoshana Bean
Christian Borle
Laura Bell Bundy
Kerry Butler
Norbert Leo Butz
Kristin Chenoweth
Diana DeGarmo
Matt Doyle
Christopher Fitzgerald
Sutton Foster
John Gallagher, Jr.
Jenn Gambatese
Jonathan Groff
Rose Hemingway
Megan Hilty
Christian Hoff
Jackie Hoffman
Curtis Holbrook
Cheyenne Jackson
Gregory Jbara
Natalie Joy Johnson
Leslie Kritzer
Michael Longoria
Alli Mauzey
Idina Menzel
Matthew Morrison
Rosie O'Donnell
Nicole Parker
Daniel Reichard
Sherie Rene Scott
Kate Shindle
J. Robert Spencer
Mary Testa
Jennifer Laura Thompson
Noah Weisberg

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Underrated actors/actresses?  May 6 2015, 12:19:06 AM

""jorge - I completely agree with you about Jenn Gambatese. She is such a talented lady, and underrated. 
    My addition is Bryce Pinkham.  "

Out of my brain, you. 
    Bryce Pinkham has more than proven that he is a diverse actor, and he is an absolute delight to watch on stage. "

Me? Clearly, you jest. 

What she said, because it's true. 

• Underrated actors/actresses?  May 5 2015, 11:48:14 PM

jorge - I completely agree with you about Jenn Gambatese. She is such a talented lady, and underrated. 

My addition is Bryce Pinkham.  

• Which Two Shows?  Apr 25 2015, 01:37:52 AM

Gigi and On the Town. 

• $20 off your first today tix purchase  Apr 21 2015, 12:28:49 AM

Tossing my code out there, if anyone does use it - I very much appreciate it. 

TXLKM. 

• Pick My Matinee? - TodayTix  Apr 20 2015, 06:43:48 PM

American in Paris. 

• Show Recommendations!  Apr 19 2015, 11:27:45 PM

If you have the chance, you should absolutely see American in Paris. 

I don't know if you're seeing Hedwig because Darren's in it or maybe it's a favorite show of yours, but if you can spare the spot, I highly suggest American in Paris. I haven't seen Finding Neverland, but very much want to, so I'd say keep that on the schedule as planned. 

• Aladdin ?  Apr 13 2015, 11:03:38 PM

Why would the director of Aladdin spoof himself?

Also, if that is spoofing anything it's Chicago and Billy Flynn. 

• Darren Criss in Hedwig  Apr 13 2015, 10:18:39 PM

Darren has never come across very butch to me, in fact he comes across rather flamboyant. 

I don't have too much of an opinion on him in the role, but I wish him all the best. 

• Best and Worst Orchestrations in a musical  Apr 13 2015, 10:11:47 PM

I love the orchestrations for Cinderella, they were just so lush and beautiful. I'm also fond of the arrangements of the Elvis music in All Shook Up - especially the gorgeous arrangement of "Can't Help Falling in Love". 

• AN AMERICAN IN PARIS Reviews  Apr 13 2015, 10:09:02 PM

Bottom line for me: We are incredibly blessed to have two musicals this season that feature the music of two of our greatest American composers--Gershwin and Bernstein--in musicals with wonderful casts and the kind of glorious dancing you seldom see any more.
    That's enough for me to be grateful for.
     "

Here, here! 

• On Your Feet casting announcement  Apr 13 2015, 07:22:43 PM

I really shouldn't try and post when half asleep, because my post should have said IF it's Janet.. but apparently my mind failed me. 

Ana looks adorable and has such a striking young Gloria vibe to her, obviously. Josh Segarra is a really talented guy, and I can't wait to see him in a role that's different than his work in Dogfight and Lysistrata Jones. 

• AN AMERICAN IN PARIS Reviews  Apr 13 2015, 06:44:00 PM

Sorry to double post, but I just actually thought more about this and had to get it out there: American in Paris challenges what a musical can be, and challenges the idea that in a musical a song is the only way to tell a story and that dance can do just that in so many ways, in this case especially, better. 

On the Town moved me in places, but not anything like American in Paris did. 

• AN AMERICAN IN PARIS Reviews  Apr 13 2015, 06:37:58 PM

Clumsy: What makes 'An American in Paris' better than 'On the Town'? Besides Robert Fairchild's looks? "

Hey, that Tony Yazbeck isn't bad to look at either, you know. tongue-out

I just.. I feel like there's really something special and magical involved with American

• AN AMERICAN IN PARIS Reviews  Apr 13 2015, 04:12:24 PM

I love both shows very much, but An American in Paris just needs to be seen to be believed in many ways. On the Town is fantastic, and if you can somehow find a way to squeeze it in there, you absolutely should. But, I'd choose American in Paris over On the Town. 

• AN AMERICAN IN PARIS Reviews  Apr 13 2015, 12:28:47 AM

"All I know is I was taken by having the chance to see it and, even despite the woman behind me chomping on chips (or God only knows what) and getting the toe of her shoe hooked in my sweater at one point, it was a very beautiful show.
     "

I'll trade you for the two obnoxious tweens I sat next to on Saturday night. 

It's certainly not true that Americans in 1945 would have had more liberal attit

• Will Swenson Last Show May 10th  Apr 13 2015, 12:10:57 AM

I like Will and have liked him in other roles, but I did not enjoy his Javert at all. I wish him the best in his next project, which I bet him playing off Audra would be fantastic. 

I would love to see John Rapson get bumped to Javert, because his performance when I saw him as an understudy was just incredible. Since that seems unlikely given Rapson is playing Grantaire, I would also love Andrew Valera to reprise his role from the tour. 

• On Your Feet casting announcement  Apr 13 2015, 12:06:20 AM

It's Janet Dacal playing Gloria, because she's such a talented performer and deserves a good vehicle for her talents. 

• AN AMERICAN IN PARIS Reviews  Apr 12 2015, 11:40:59 PM

Oh yeah, it's totally up to interpretation and could be seen as either way you mentioned. Although, I think given Henri asking Adam and Jerry if they think he's gay and not disagreeing with them when they say yes makes it seem like given the direction, Von Essen is playing it like he is gay. 

• AN AMERICAN IN PARIS Reviews  Apr 12 2015, 11:31:44 PM

I can totally see that being the case, I'm just saying if he were homosexual, it's not like he'd be out and proud to say it to anyone especially given the time period. 

• AN AMERICAN IN PARIS Reviews  Apr 12 2015, 11:15:43 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but given the time period, it wasn't exactly a time where being homosexual was embraced, especially after the Nazis and WWII. Being coy and ambiguous is kind of on point for how it would have been in reality, so I felt like that whole part of it made sense.