Profile for ClumsyDude15

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld ClumsyDude15
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: ClumsyDude15
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 8 - 19
Favorite Show(s): 9 To 5: The Musical
A Chorus Line
A Little Night Music
All Shook Up
American Idiot
Anything Goes
Brigadoon
Bring It On: The Musical
Company
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Everyday Rapture
Finian's Rainbow
Gypsy
Hairspray
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
In the Heights
Into the Woods
Jersey Boys
Legally Blonde
Lysistrata Jones
Mary Poppins
next to normal
Peter and the Starcatcher
Promises, Promises
Ragtime
Rent
Shrek the Musical
Spring Awakening (Musical)
Sweet Charity
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
The Book of Mormon
The Drowsy Chaperone
The Light in the Piazza
The Little Mermaid
The Wedding Singer
Thoroughly Modern Millie
West Side Story
Wicked
Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown
Xanadu

Favorite Performer(s): Andy Karl
Annaleigh Ashford
Shoshana Bean
Christian Borle
Laura Bell Bundy
Kerry Butler
Norbert Leo Butz
Kristin Chenoweth
Diana DeGarmo
Matt Doyle
Christopher Fitzgerald
Sutton Foster
John Gallagher Jr.
Jenn Gambatese
Jonathan Groff
Rose Hemingway
Megan Hilty
Christian Hoff
Jackie Hoffman
Curtis Holbrook
Cheyenne Jackson
Gregory Jbara
Natalie Joy Johnson
Leslie Kritzer
Michael Longoria
Alli Mauzey
Idina Menzel
Matthew Morrison
Rosie O'Donnell
Nicole Parker
Daniel Reichard
Sherie Rene Scott
Kate Shindle
J. Robert Spencer
Mary Testa
Jennifer Laura Thompson
Noah Weisberg

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • DEAR EVAN HANSEN at Off-Broadway's Second Stage Theatre  May 2 2016, 11:55:01 PM

macnyc said: I unfortunately had a really bad seat in the balcony, BB5. BB3 and 4 were also miserable, right behind four hanging lights and two speakers. I kid you not. I complained and was told, The fine print said they were partial view! ClumsyDude, didn't you notice the light fixture that was blocking your neighbor's view?"

The seat I mentioned B6 was in the "front orchestra" to the right, not in the box. That was my mistake, because I f

• DEAR EVAN HANSEN at Off-Broadway's Second Stage Theatre  May 2 2016, 10:36:41 PM

madela - I sat BB6 for first preview and had a fine view, so you will be fine. There's truly no bad seat in the house. 

• Book of Mormon 1st national tour ends  May 2 2016, 02:47:28 PM

Phantom of London said: "Surprised, I thought this was doing well on the road. i would say this is there 1st crack."

Oh, so is the first national tour of Wicked closing their first crack as well? As Lizzie mentioned, this was a strategic move that will allow the set to be used elsewhere while keeping the touring production a hot property while not overdoing it with two tours. 

• Book of Mormon 1st national tour ends  May 1 2016, 05:38:59 PM

I got to see the tour in Philadelphia during its run in the summer of 2014 and it was an absolute blast. The then cast included KJ Hippensteel (filling in between Mark Evans and Gavin Creel), Chris O'Neill, Grey Henson, and Alexandra Ncube who all were terrific in their roles and definitely rank highly on my list of favorites. 

Macavity - There is no major difference between the two tours from what I've seen having seen both tours and nothing different in terms of comparin

• 4 shows in June  May 1 2016, 01:58:39 AM

Bright Star, She Loves Me, Waitress, and The Color Purple. 

Alternate: School of Rock. 

• Cell Phone Nightmare: Laura Benanti Stops the Show  May 1 2016, 01:48:17 AM

I've seen both sides of the gambit - I watched John Gallagher Jr during a very tender moment in American Idiot tell someone to stop texting because the light was shining very brightly in his face and I had the misfortune of watching the company of Book of Mormon attempt to continue a performance while the drunk people in the second row wooed and acted very inappropriately. 

I can see both sides of the issue, like - Laura (after her number) could have repo

• Broadway.com awards  Apr 30 2016, 04:13:25 PM

dramamama611 said: "These awards have no artistic merit. Why no noms for other music?  Waitress isn't recorded yet.  My guess is most of the voters have seen only one or two (at best) of the new shows...with some not having seen any and voting on word of mouth and recordings."

Definitely not an award that has the esteem of artistic merit, but it's still ridiculous that 11 musicals open with wonderful scores (Personally I adore Waitress and

• Broadway.com awards  Apr 30 2016, 03:32:05 PM

I'm majorly surprised that not even a single New Song nomination went to Waitress - especially She Used To Be Mine. I love Hamilton, don't get wrong, but I just do not understand how there was 11 new musicals and it's a Hamilton open and shut case. 

• TodayTix Rush Advice?  Apr 28 2016, 07:19:26 PM

In my experience, I set an alarm for 9:45 and opened the app before moving onto the actual show page around 9:50 and refreshing over and over. I kept going despite it saying the tickets were in people's carts, and was able to get the one ticket I needed. Just because it says they're in someone's cart, does not mean it's done and over - wait until it says sold out. 

• Playbills for Sale.  Apr 28 2016, 12:41:00 AM

Hi all! I just did a major overhaul of my Playbills and have a lot of extras I'd love to get rid of. Below is what I have. I'd say price is 2 or 3 bucks, plus any shipping (or make an offer). 

• Addams Family (Original Broadway Cast, Color)

• Aladdin (Original Broadway Broadway, Color) (2)

• Beautiful: The Carole King Musical:

1. First National Tour, (Philadelphia) (3)

2. <
    3. WAITRESS Reviews  Apr 25 2016, 04:03:50 AM

While I'm a little surprised/disappointed by some of the mixed commentary in the reviews, the good and positive outweighs it all. I loved this show in Cambridge and I cannot wait to see it again on Broadway. 

4. Riedel on Hamilton $995 premium tickets  Apr 25 2016, 03:56:31 AM

When I got my tax refund, I may a promise to myself that I would do two things - replace my piece of crap laptop and get a ticket to Hamilton. I've been fortunate enough to see it before (once off Broadway, and once on Broadway) for the lottery price. I had heard about how if you even asked at the box office for a ticket in the near future, it was hopeless, but I gave it ago after seeing a friend get a ticket for June by asking for best available non premium in the next x number of months

5. What are ways to get Playbills?  Apr 20 2016, 03:11:07 PM

Last year during the run of the Pride Playbills in June, I was able to get several Playbills from the box office staff at several theatres just by walking up and asking. 

6. BOM Tour - SCFTA  Apr 20 2016, 12:29:25 AM

LizzieCurry said: "Yes, all the tour stops have lotto, except Washington DC (ClumsyDude15 knows the reason why better than I do)."

Ha! I love this. 

The reason the Kennedy Center doesn't do a lottery on their premises is because there is some sort of ruling about not allowing that type of "meeting" on their premises. They will sell standing room, which they did for Mormon and for Wicked. David Larsen told me that they tried to do a l

7. 1 Ticket to TUCK EVERLASTING Friday 4/22  Apr 20 2016, 12:24:04 AM

I just PMed you!

8. Touring Season 2016-2017  Apr 19 2016, 10:55:54 PM

Did we ever figure out if Gentleman's Guide is staying equity for the next leg of the tour? 

9. Have Broadway actors ever returned to a role after leaving?  Apr 18 2016, 10:36:05 PM

Nic Rouleau has returned to Elder Price in Book of Mormon several times, but he's never really left - just changed companies. 

10. Book of Mormon Film Adaptation?  Apr 18 2016, 08:56:41 PM

It's not a thread about Book of Mormon until Roxy for the five billionth time makes some reference to how much he hates the show. 

I feel like as "simple" an idea the movie sounds, it would be a lot more of an undertaking. I feel like they would have to rework a lot. 

11. Which musicals do teens mostly enjoy?  Apr 18 2016, 12:00:31 AM

It's such a subjective topic, honestly. Some teens are into the contemporary like the ones mentioned above - Wicked, Hamilton, Heathers, next to normal, and Spring Awakening, etc. Some are into the more classic and "complicated" like the work of Sondheim. You can't really peg too closely what teens are into, because it's pretty subjective just like any other group of theatergoers. 

12. Kelli's Last Performance in The King and I  Apr 17 2016, 09:58:19 PM

Wasn't there talk of her taking the show to London? 

I really hope she does a return engagement and/or records it for Live from Lincoln Center, because I didn't get the chance to see her in the role. I adored Betsy Morgan in the role, but I do wish I had gotten the chance to see Kelli 

BROADWAYWORLD TV