BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for PalJoey
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: PalJoey
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 2 - 28
Favorite Show(s): Little Me

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Carolee Carmello  Apr 27 2015, 09:58:53 PM

I'm sure she appreciates your public expression of pity deeply.

• John Cameron Mitchell to receive Special Tony Award!!  Apr 27 2015, 05:19:13 PM

It's just like how, in 1952, they gave this Special Tony Award to Judy Garland, for her record-breaking 19-week run at the Palace Theater.

• John Cameron Mitchell to receive Special Tony Award!!  Apr 27 2015, 04:35:27 PM

This should just make everyone to whom Hedwig was a landmark deliriously happy.

• SOOO VERY VERY SAD  Apr 27 2015, 11:32:07 AM

Methinks the Ladyice doth protest too much.

Me-also-thinks the Ladyice is the biggest bitch of us all.

• David Alvarez  Apr 27 2015, 11:16:47 AM

Wonderful article in Friday's NY Times about him.

NY TIMES: David Alvarez on ‘Billy Elliot,’ the Army, and ‘On the Town’

• Broadway Bares: Solo Strips Cancelled!  Apr 27 2015, 08:25:49 AM

Facebook poster Christopher Rawlins cataloged the 5 lies in the public statements of Ian Reisner and Mati Weiderpass:

===

Broadway Bares: Solo Strips Cancelled!  Apr 27 2015, 08:15:13 AM

The Cruz "fundraiser" wasn't at the Out Hotel or XL. It was at the Central Park South duplex the guys live in.

Y'know, the one where a coupla months ago they invited a kid over for drugs and sex and let him OD in the shower without calling 911.

• Broadway Bares: Solo Strips Cancelled!  Apr 26 2015, 09:39:58 PM

From his Facebook page:

===

Ian Reisner

Broadway Bares: Solo Strips Cancelled!  Apr 26 2015, 06:02:46 PM

New York City Gay Men's Chorus just canceled their fundraiser at XL.

• Broadway Bares: Solo Strips Cancelled!  Apr 25 2015, 10:31:14 AM

The Facebook page for Boycott Fire Island Pines Establishments & Out NYC Hotel already has 6,500 members.

During an average summer, the summer seasonal population of the Pines is between 2,500 and 3,000 people.

Even if people go into Tea, have pizza or have dinner at the restaurants, there will be buff boys in Speedos outside the establishments handing out fliers and educating patrons. There will be more of a party outside

• Broadway Bares: Solo Strips Cancelled!  Apr 25 2015, 10:16:20 AM

"You also think they have unfairly created a monopoly in Fire Island Pines property (as though anything related to Fire Island isn't directly connected to privilege and unfairness - from wealth inequity to body fascism -  but whatever), and they're into younger guys one of whom OD'd in their apartment."

I didn't say they came about the monopoly unfairly: they were the high bidders in an auction. I meant that they were stupid to buy into a long

• Broadway Bares: Solo Strips Cancelled!  Apr 25 2015, 09:12:43 AM

"I just wanted to see Mark Mackillop strip. Guess, I won't be seeing that now."

If you want to see Mark MacKillop strip, you should buy his book: Room XIV, a series of selfies, set in various hotel rooms, shot in 14 different European hotel rooms during the recent international tour of West Side Story, in which he played Riff. The photographs give an intimate perspective into the life of an artist on tour. A portion of the proceed

• Broadway Bares: Solo Strips Cancelled!  Apr 24 2015, 11:55:24 PM

Actually, they say they do. They seem to be quite stupid people, despite their real-estate and hotelier riches.

The seem to be the stupidest gays in the village, the stupidest gays that ever were.

They paid $10 million for a virtual monopoly on the commercial properties in Fire Island Pines, and now they have the ill will of the community and a boycott on their hands.

They can kiss that $10 million down the drain.

And then there was THIS:

• Drama Desk nominations will be announced today  Apr 23 2015, 03:19:33 PM

Feh.

• 102 y/o Dancer Sees Herself on Film for the First Time  Apr 23 2015, 08:27:22 AM

Keep those cards and letters coming in.

• 102 y/o Dancer Sees Herself on Film for the First Time  Apr 22 2015, 11:27:47 PM

I've watched this three times today. I love this woman, Alice Barker. I'm sending her a card tomorrow

• 102 y/o Dancer Sees Herself on Film for the First Time  Apr 22 2015, 03:50:17 PM

• 102 y/o Dancer Sees Herself on Film for the First Time  Apr 22 2015, 03:27:26 PM

Posted by YouTube poster Tenfresh, who says:

Alice Barker was a chorus line dancer during the Harlem Renaissance of the the 1930s and 40s. She danced at clubs such as The Apollo, Cotton Club, and Zanzibar Club, with legends including Frank Sinatra, Gene Kelly, and Bill "Bojangles" Robinson.

Although she danced in numerous movies, commercials and TV shows, she had never seen any of them, and all of her photographs and memorabilia have been lost over the years.

• Lily Tomlin Hopes To Return To Broadway  Apr 22 2015, 11:30:04 AM

The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe was one of the finest experiences I've ever had in the theater, on the level of the original production of Follies and Maggie Smith in Private Lives.

• Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel  Apr 22 2015, 11:05:16 AM

The theory is that you just put it out there. An apology would acknowledge she did something wrong, something Madonna would never do. Liz Rosenberg is paid to put out a flat denial, whether or not her client committed the act.

The idea is that the number of people who hear Madonna's side of the story is vastly greater than the number of people who will hear Lin-Manuel Miranda's side of the story, therefore Madonna wins. That's show biz. (And politics.)