Profile for PalJoey
Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld PalJoey
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: PalJoey
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 2 - 28
Favorite Show(s): Little Me

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Andrew Rannells Joining Hamilton  Oct 8 2015, 02:10:44 PM

Poor Thayne!

• Andrew Rannells Joining Hamilton  Oct 8 2015, 01:35:23 PM

I have tickets to see it a second time on November 5. I was thinking of selling them, but maybe I won't now...

• Date with Ben Brantley or Michael Riedel  Oct 7 2015, 10:08:33 PM

Let;s just make one thing clear: It's dinner only, right? I'm not expected to put out or anything?

• Razzle Dazzle- Michael Riedel's book  Oct 7 2015, 10:00:41 AM

There's actually a lot more inside stuff than you can imagine. He was fairly close to Bernie Jacobs during the pre-Disney period when the Shuberts were leading the charge to revive Broadway.

Those of us who are old enough to remember the last gasps of Broadway-pre-AIDS will remember that before Disney helped clean up 42nd Street, the Shuberts, Joe Papp and A Chorus Line cleaned up 44th Street.

The whole city was in a

• Razzle Dazzle- Michael Riedel's book  Oct 7 2015, 08:23:10 AM

Love him or hate him--and there are so many reasons to hate him--this is the best-written book on Broadway since William Goldman's The Season. 

He brings to life the Broadway of the 1970s and 1980s, the squalor, the desperation, the life, the deaths, the onslaught of AIDS, the rises and falls and rises of the Shuberts, A Chorus Line, Michael Bennett, Bob Fosse, Joe Papp, Sondheim, Lloyd Webber, Disney.

• Hamilton  Oct 5 2015, 10:53:52 PM

Have you seen it? Go see it.

I've always hated rap and hip-hop (or thought I did) and went dreading it.

I ended up being more excited about it--as I've said several times on this board since that night--more excited about Hamilton than I have been since I was in high school in 1971, and I went to a Saturday matinee of the original production of Follies.

No musical since Follies--including Night Music, A Chorus

• Who saw the original THEY'RE PLAYING OUR SONG?  Oct 2 2015, 11:00:18 PM

Lorna Luft played it beautifully in the national tour.

• Laura Benanti has suffered a miscarriage.  Sep 30 2015, 10:01:59 AM

FBay said: "I am sure no one needs to know this . I am sure Laura is allowed to have some privacy."

You seem to have missed Laura's point entirely.Perhaps you should go back and read what she wrote.

• Michael Riedel's NY Post Column Cut To Once A Week  Sep 30 2015, 08:02:37 AM

I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what makes Michael Riedel tick. You seem to be projecting your own agenda onto him in a manner that would undoubtedly amuse him.

• Laura Benanti has suffered a miscarriage.  Sep 29 2015, 02:37:51 PM

ljay889 said: "Between Marin and Laura, Broadway has two very strong and inspirational leading ladies."

Beautifully put.

• Met and was ignored by Bette Midler yesterday  Sep 28 2015, 03:55:39 PM

He had it coming.

• Met and was ignored by Bette Midler yesterday  Sep 28 2015, 01:12:09 PM

Funny a friend tweeted yesterday: 

Abt 2 call 911 to rpt crzy Bette Midler stalker at antique show.

• Marin Mazzie has cancer  Sep 27 2015, 11:41:19 PM

Sending her love, and sending to Jason too.

How amazing that she performed this while dealing with ovarian cancer treatments.

• Which character in Hamilton are you?  Sep 27 2015, 03:03:15 PM

NewYorkTheater said: "I initially included Mrs. Hamilton but I couldn't find historical material about her as easily as the better-known characters."

Try reading the Ron Chernow. Lin did.

• Old Globe's In Your Arms  Sep 26 2015, 10:01:11 PM

I just want to see that cast dancing.

• 1776 Casting  Sep 24 2015, 11:28:21 AM

I'm perfectly capable of watching a group of good actors sing about "Molasses to Rum to Slaves" and know exactly what each one thinks by his (or her) acting. I don't need their skin color to be all matchy-matchy to their words.

And neither, I think, do you.

• 1776 Casting  Sep 24 2015, 11:07:03 AM

Really. What is the big deal? I consider people who object to color-blind casting to be big babies, like the college kids who whine about "trigger warnings."

In 1972, James Earl Jones and Colleen Dewhurst were Claudius and Gertrude in the Hamlet in Central Park that starred Stacy Keach. The three of them were brilliant.

BRILLIANT. The play was directed by Gerald Freedman, with music by John Morris, a set by Ming Cho Lee, costumes

• Stonewall  Sep 23 2015, 02:19:34 PM

There's another similar meme with Rosa Parks at the front of the bus. 

EDIT: Oh, right! It's YOURS!

• Rare West Side Story OBC Footage  Sep 23 2015, 12:14:23 PM

• The Mikado controversy  Sep 21 2015, 09:55:58 PM

Do you feel outrage that he inserted a character called "The Axe Coolie" into the show?