Profile for CATSNYrevival
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: CATSNYrevival
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 1 - 1
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album  Aug 2 2015, 03:13:31 PM

I don't think there's anything in the score that sounds particularly like Les Miz but with it being a musical romance set during a war and a revolution the comparison is inevitable. I wish people would give Zhivago the chance to stand on its own without comparing the two but it is what it is.

• Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album  Aug 1 2015, 08:49:45 PM

Certainly 20 or 30 years from now, perhaps in a time when musical drama is back in fashion and satire is out, someone will tackle Doctor Zhivago again. I don't believe the material is that bad.

• Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album  Aug 1 2015, 10:33:24 AM

They all get revived eventually.

• Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album  Aug 1 2015, 12:08:49 AM
    The "Watch the Moon" reprise was very pretty and it would have been nice to have more of Lora Lee Gayer on the recording but the song itself was fairly short and the letter was more the focus of that scene so I can sort of understand why they left it off the recording. Personally, I would have favored that song and an extended version of "Two Worlds" over the bonus tracks, but again that's so minor compared to everything that we did get. It's a fantastic recording.
  • Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album  Jul 31 2015, 07:02:25 PM

They didn't record the "Watch the Moon" reprise. That one got left out. Probably because the letter is partly being red over it so it would have mostly been a dialogue track. There was also a brief reprise of "Who is She?" that didn't make it on to the album but that's about all they left out. The major reprises are all there. I didn't think they would include the reprise of "In This House" but they did. Sometimes I wonder how they arrive at these decisions. 

• The most frequently produced high school plays and musicals- by decade (fascinating list!)  Jul 31 2015, 03:57:16 PM

Where is the list that takes account of all the illegal productions of Wicked and Frozen?

• Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album  Jul 31 2015, 11:25:13 AM

I bought it twice, Eurotrash. No way I was going to be able to wait a week for my CD to get to me. I don't feel bad about it.

• Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album  Jul 31 2015, 11:22:37 AM

"Love Finds You" is a standout too. The cast is in great voice and its invigorating to hear a properly mastered studio recording with the orchestra and vocals so carefully blended versus a bootleg or the video from the press event which I was listening to before this.

• Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album  Jul 31 2015, 10:10:08 AM

My only real gripe is that they didn't record the opening dialogue in the prologue and maybe a little more dialogue in the opening number over all. There's so much that happens in the first ten minutes of the show, mostly exposition, but it would have helped the listener at home to follow along. The opening eulogy bit would have helped to bookend the recording as it does the show. To reduce that ten minute opening to 5:26 is a bit of a shame BUT I think it only bothers me because I love the s

• Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album  Jul 31 2015, 01:48:15 AM

Track list.

1. Two Worlds
    2. Komarovsky's Toast
    3. Who is She?
    4. It's a Godsend
    5. When the Music Played
    6. Watch the Moon
    7. Forward!
    8. Somewhere My Love
    9. Now
    10. Forward! (Reprise) / Blood on the Snow
    11. Komarovsky's Lament
    12. Yurii's Decision
    13. In This House
    14. Women and Little Children / He's There
    15. No Mercy at All
    16. In This House (Reprise)
    17. Love Finds You
    18. Nowhere to Hide

• Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album  Jul 31 2015, 01:12:47 AM

Better late than never!

• Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album  Jul 31 2015, 12:09:40 AM

And I guess their digital albums don't go up at midnight either.

• What Show Will Andy Karl Do Next?  Jul 30 2015, 05:26:40 PM

I loved the Dallas revisal with Matt Cavenaugh. I wish the creative team would work on getting that production to Broadway maybe with a few more revisions. I can easily see Andy as Superman.

• THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Jul 30 2015, 05:03:12 PM

I'm still hoping for Audra.

• re: Andy Karl in SLUT...  Jul 30 2015, 02:02:58 PM

Yes! And maybe a cast album this time?

• What Show Will Andy Karl Do Next?  Jul 30 2015, 12:58:49 PM

I just remember the artwork for Slut being the best thing in the history of everything.

• What Show Will Andy Karl Do Next?  Jul 30 2015, 12:26:39 PM

Isn't the obvious next step Rocky 2?

• Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album  Jul 30 2015, 10:53:38 AM
    It's normal for Broadway Records. Supposedly the track list will be released tomorrow with the digital download but you're right in that most other labels would have released a track list by now.
  • The Color Purple Marquee is up.  Jul 29 2015, 11:30:49 PM

I feel like I'm more excited for this production than a white boy should be.

• THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Jul 28 2015, 11:21:27 PM

Didn't Audra tweet that she was playing a good witch? 

BROADWAYWORLD TV