Profile for CATSNYrevival

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld CATSNYrevival
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: CATSNYrevival
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 1 - 1
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Thoughts on Jack O'Brien?  Jun 19 2017, 01:01:21 PM

I liked his Sound of Music tour but save for the new lyrics he wrote for "Something Good" it was fairly by the numbers. I wouldn't mind if Carousel is more of the same. It doesn't need a drastic reinvisioning. Just do it as is.

• Pacific Overtures 2017 Cast Recording  Jun 6 2017, 12:59:09 AM

Bonus track.

• Holiday inn cast recording  Jun 2 2017, 06:53:34 PM

It's alright.

• Charlie First Listen  Jun 2 2017, 01:27:53 PM

She "pops" at the end of "When Willy Met Oompa."

• Charlie First Listen  Jun 1 2017, 12:39:17 AM

There is a full length adaptation of Willy Wonka that used all of the songs from the movie with new songs by Leslie Briccuse but I think that was conceived specifically for amature lisencing and not a commercial venture. From what I remember the Dahl estate was initially resistant to include the songs from the original movie for this production? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Then they gave in and allowed "Pure Imagination" and now three more songs for Broadway. It&#

• Charlie First Listen  May 31 2017, 11:34:39 AM

bwayphreak234 said: "They cut everything (including the "Strike That, Reverse It Reprise) after "The View From Here". It's my understanding that the cuts were made in previews and the show now ends in the elevator with "The View From Here".

"

Thanks for the update. I had no idea! Is there even any dialogue? It just ends with the song? It sounds so anticlimactic on the album. How strange.

• Charlie First Listen  May 31 2017, 10:43:44 AM

bwayphreak234 said: "CATSNYrevival said: "They didn't record the finale? Seriously?"

"The View From Here" is the finale for the broadway production.

"

Did they cut Charlie's "Strike That, Reverse It" reprise or are you just going by the songs listed in the playbill?

• Charlie First Listen  May 30 2017, 11:52:03 PM

I like that they included more songs from the movie and I feel like Douglas Hodges' voice, while perhaps not as technically pristine as Borle's, has more character. Shame about the missing finale.

• Charlie First Listen  May 30 2017, 09:54:19 PM

They didn't record the finale? Seriously?

• Favorite Flops  May 29 2017, 01:10:17 AM

Recently, Doctor Zhivago, Tuck Everlasting and Bonnie & Clyde. Bonnie & Clyde still hurts.

• LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour  May 24 2017, 12:41:37 PM

Off topic, but does anyone know if Webber plans to ever revise and possibly tour The Woman in White? Didn't they initially announce a tour that never materialized? I didn't get to see it but I like the recording a lot better than Love Never Dies. I'd much rather he continue polishing up The Woman in White maybe the Love Never Dies creative team could try fixing that one next.

• DREAMGIRLS Original London cast recording  May 12 2017, 10:01:09 PM

The cuts are just stupid. It's practically sung through and recorded live. I wanted the whole show. I'll stick with the concert recording. 

• First listen HELLO, DOLLY!  May 8 2017, 01:32:37 PM

The finale track is disappointing but the rest is delightful. Even "Penny in My Pocket" which I've never really liked is charming here.

• Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording  May 7 2017, 01:31:40 PM

Did anyone else notice that the finale track is listed on iTunes as 1:43 minutes in length. What's that about? They didn't record the full finale?

• Groundhog Day recording  Apr 19 2017, 01:27:40 PM

I enjoyed it as well but not having seen the show I didn't really know what to expect. I was imagining a more whimsical score if that makes sense. The story is a kind of fantasy but it also gets pretty dark even in the film so I think Tim Minchin made the more interesting choice with the score. I like it. I'd like to see the show now.

• 2017  Apr 18 2017, 02:13:12 PM

Get my hopes up why don't you.

• 2017  Apr 9 2017, 12:26:14 PM

Wonderful news if it's true! The time frame seems a little rushed though.

• 2017 NBC Live Musical is  Mar 30 2017, 11:56:58 AM

I agree with the sentiments above. Why do Bye, Bye Birdie if they feel like they have to change everything about it? It won't be Bye, Bye Birdie at that point. I'll never understand.

• The New Yorkers Encores  Mar 27 2017, 10:07:30 AM

Any word on a cast album? Surely they wouldn't go through the trouble of restoring a lost Cole Porter score and then let it go unrecorded again, would they?

• The Adventures of Tom Sawyer musical  Mar 6 2017, 10:11:50 PM

The show isn't that bad. I love "To Hear You Say My Name." There's a demo that MTI sends out that includes many of the Broadway leads and the score is fairly charming. Like most other musicals that year it just had the misfortune of opening the same season as The Producers.