Profile for CATSNYrevival

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld CATSNYrevival
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: CATSNYrevival
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 1 - 1
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Phantom Of The Opera Playbill Question  Feb 21 2017, 11:01:35 AM

It's from the Musketeer font family. Probably DemiBold.

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/mti/musketeer/

• Can Bette's voice handle it?  Feb 11 2017, 12:16:48 AM

I'd almost argue that the Sunset score is more difficult for Glenn than the Dolly score will be for Bette. If Glenn can manage...

• Can Bette's voice handle it?  Feb 10 2017, 09:55:14 PM

She's got this.

• SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances  Feb 10 2017, 02:37:19 AM

Does that chandelier get a laugh?

• Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson  Feb 7 2017, 02:51:01 PM

If we don't get a cast album I'll just watch that video over and over again and cry.

• Dear Evan Hansen Cast Album  Feb 6 2017, 02:51:58 PM

gypsy101 said: "anyone else wish Anybody Have a Map was like 2 minutes longer and included some of the other characters looking for a map? such a good melody and it ends so abruptly and too soon (though maybe that shortness works better onstage)"

On stage the song is longer because there's more dialogue and the abrupt ending is cut off by a school bell ringing. There's also an entire opening media montage and sequence with E

• Dear Evan Hansen Cast Album  Feb 2 2017, 11:37:39 PM

It does just start very abruptly. It really would have been nice to have the opening recorded but at the same time as an album it pulls you right in. There's enough dialogue on the rest of the album for someone who hasn't seen the show to follow along well enough. The sound quality is superb. 

• Dear Evan Hansen Cast Album  Feb 2 2017, 10:26:37 PM

I hope so but I feel like the Hamilton digital booklet had more to do with Lin. Maybe someone can ask on Facebook during the listening party.

• Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway /Previews  Feb 2 2017, 08:11:18 PM

Someone let me know if they really changed the overture.

• Dear Evan Hansen Cast Album  Feb 1 2017, 04:19:01 PM

Based on the iTunes track length listings it also looks like they didn't record Evan's opening or closing bits which is a total shame. I love the way Ben does the opening. I agree that cast albums should strive to capture not only the spirit but also the structure of a show. It's a pet peeve but the more dialogue the better and if there's a prologue before the first song I like to hear it. This looks like it's just a collection of singles. Those cast albums don't

• Dear Evan Hansen Cast Album  Feb 1 2017, 01:17:12 AM

I'll more than likely be buying both as well.

• Dear Evan Hansen Cast Album  Jan 30 2017, 08:48:12 PM

Correct. Just the digital album is being released on the 3rd.

• Dear Evan Hansen Cast Album  Jan 30 2017, 06:01:41 PM

Whoever is responsible it's beautiful.

• Dear Evan Hansen Cast Album  Jan 30 2017, 03:03:06 PM

This song sounds great and I'm glad they included the dialogue. Fingers crossed that the rest of the album is just as good.

• Popular Shows Unlikely for a Broadway Revival  Jan 28 2017, 07:23:02 PM

I actually really liked the current tour of The Sound of Music. I thought the design was simple and beautiful especially the act one finale with scenery, lighting, direction, music and performances all coming together to create something I won't soon forget. It is directed by Jack O'Brien which perhaps in years past would have been enough of a reason to bring it back, but I agree that it maybe isn't a radical enough reimagining to merit a Broadway revival.

• Dear Evan Hansen Cast Album  Jan 27 2017, 12:41:13 AM

I think Hamilton also streamed early on NPR and Dear Evan Hansen is on the same record label.

• Dear Evan Hansen Cast Album  Jan 26 2017, 02:04:57 AM

I figured something was going on with Reqiem since the track length randomly popped up on iTunes. It's not available for download yet though.

• Covers of the 2016-2017 Season  Jan 24 2017, 09:34:26 PM

I don't mind the photographs, especially for plays, I just hadn't noticed him using rehearsal photos before this.

• Dear Evan Hansen Cast Album  Jan 24 2017, 07:25:13 PM

I doubt the recording will include many spoilers. It doesn't look like they recorded much dialogue. I was hoping it would at least begin with Evan's opening letter but Ben isn't listed as a contributing artist for the first track on iTunes so unless that listing is incorrect it seems likely that they really just recorded the songs completely divorced from the story and dialogue which is a shame. We'll see though. I think the artist info was up before the album was actuall

• Covers of the 2016-2017 Season  Jan 24 2017, 04:52:48 PM

Is that a photograph of Sally Field in the rehearsal room?