Profile for CATSNYrevival

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld CATSNYrevival
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: CATSNYrevival
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 1 - 1
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Where theater Frozen be at?  Nov 28 2015, 02:09:35 PM

Is Aladdin not a "fairy tale" type show? If it's not a fairy tale what is it?

• THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Nov 27 2015, 12:55:43 AM

Aren't they already planning on bringing this to Broadway? It won't necessarily be the same cast but the plan is already in place. 

• Which actor is playing Christopher this week?  Nov 26 2015, 04:41:44 PM

Right? I get so confused when people assume we know what show they're talking about. Although not saying it is better than typing TCIOTDITNT which is even more confusing.

• THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Nov 26 2015, 12:18:18 AM

It's always the shills who pretend to have never heard of the word before. If you're here to stay Teddy, try posting in other threads. What else are you excited about?

• THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Nov 25 2015, 11:45:34 PM

I still find it odd that Teddy only posts in this thread. I wonder if he'll disappear after the broadcast.

• Hello an introduction.  Nov 25 2015, 09:12:41 PM

It's actually the wrong way but a favorite of socks.

• Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!  Nov 24 2015, 04:37:45 PM

That's icky.

• Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...  Nov 24 2015, 04:13:40 PM

I'm curious to know how they raise a building without destroying it. I didn't know that could be done.

• The SPRING AWAKENING Cast Performs on 'Late Night'  Nov 24 2015, 11:20:30 AM

Further proof of how difficult it would be to film this show. They kept cutting away from signing actors to wide shots where you couldn't really make out their signs anymore. If it was filmed that way deaf viewers would have to have the captions on for the whole show just like any other movie.

• Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 24 2015, 04:27:41 AM

I don't mind actors moving scenery in costume especially when it seems so choreographed and seamless as Sher did often in Light in the Piazza but if stage hands are coming out dressed in black wearing head sets I can't see any reason for that on Broadway. Not in a show like this. Put a vest on them or something.

• How do they do that?  Nov 24 2015, 02:31:16 AM

When I saw the tour the vanish happened right in front of the bed. My theory is that the bed has some kind of opening or false panel that he's able to slip into and hide.

• DAMES AT SEA sets closing date; tour to play in 2017  Nov 23 2015, 06:15:17 PM

It's my understanding that flop shows tour because often tour presenters are subscription based and a show that didn't do well on Broadway has a chance at making back more money with a downsized production and subscription based sales. Although in this case I don't see how they could downsize it anymore without just going back to the way it was staged originally.

• Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!  Nov 23 2015, 01:14:57 PM
    I wish he was transferring the 2012 West End revival and not the Theatre du Chatelet production which looks to be designed with lots of dull colors and more projected scenery just like their production of An American in Paris.
  • DAMES AT SEA Sets Closing Date on January 3rd!  Nov 23 2015, 12:23:29 PM
    It actually looks like this thread was started a few minutes before the other one. It just didn't get the responses. Oh well.
  • DAMES AT SEA sets closing date; tour to play in 2017  Nov 23 2015, 12:07:51 PM
    How long before Lesli is back in Matilda?

Or maybe now that she's free we can finally get Zorro on Broadway? Pretty please?
  • Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 22 2015, 04:30:40 PM

Aren't the bottles supposed to be attached with velcro or magnets so they don't fall off? I've always assumed there was a trick to it.

• Hello... it's George Takei! Oh my...  Nov 22 2015, 12:38:50 AM

I liked it.

• Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 22 2015, 12:37:36 AM

But that doesn't seem to have been Scarywarhol's intended use of the phrase. 

• Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 22 2015, 12:23:03 AM

Thanks for your review! 

Also, as far as I understand, a click track is literally a track of clicks used to keep musicians in perfect sync like a metronome often used when the music needs to be in precise sync with an action on stage. It's not a pre-recorded orchestral track like many seem to believe. When a show uses click tracks, and the term is being properly applied, that's all it is. It's a digital metronome.

• Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 21 2015, 09:23:08 PM

For real or is that a joke?

Advertisement Advertisement