Profile for CATSNYrevival

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld CATSNYrevival
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: CATSNYrevival
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 1 - 1
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Barnum Revival fast tracked?  Jan 16 2017, 03:11:02 PM

I hope any planned revival would use the updated "Barnum's Lament" that replaced "The Prince of Humbug" in the last U.K. tour. I didn't see it but I really like the piano demo recording of it. It's a far more elaborate eleven o'clock number for Barnum more along the lines of "Rose's Turn." Though I do wonder who wrote it. Most of the music is pulled from the existing score. I'm curious to know if Cy Coleman and Michael Stewart wrote it bef

• Barnum Revival fast tracked?  Jan 15 2017, 05:38:10 PM

Not that it matters, but Joseph Gordon-Levitt does have some stage experience having appeared in an Off-Broadway play in 2001. He also has a Tony Award nomination, albeit as a producer and not an actor. I still think he'd be a great choice for Barnum.

• Barnum Revival fast tracked?  Jan 15 2017, 01:17:41 PM

I vote Joseph Gordon-Levitt for Barnum. He'd be great and he can already juggle and has high wire training from his movie The Walk. He did a bit of the wire work in that movie himself.

• Barnum Revival fast tracked?  Jan 15 2017, 11:43:50 AM

If anything wouldn't this suggest public interest is low?

• Jesus Christ Superstar in Concert  Jan 15 2017, 11:38:49 AM

Morgan James? lol

• Great Comet Original Broadway Cast Recording  Jan 14 2017, 03:59:51 AM

Wow. Just wow.

• Rent Tour Videos  Jan 11 2017, 04:47:19 AM

Saw it Tuesday night and both of those lines are still in. There are no cuts that I noticed. They are using  "take the girl out of Jersey" in place of "Hicksville" like the previous tours and "help them find the circle line" is "help them find the Statue of Liberty." Those changes caught my ear but are standard for the tours as far as I recall.

• Hal Prince's Candide at NYC Opera  Jan 9 2017, 03:03:00 PM

But who among us doesn't enjoy Jay in tight clothes?

• Hal Prince's Candide at NYC Opera  Jan 9 2017, 02:41:39 PM

The Times review is favorable at least.

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/09/arts/music/review-the-adventures-of-candide-and-of-city-opera.html

• THE SECRET GARDEN to return to Broadway  Jan 7 2017, 05:41:50 PM

Is the India prologue the same?

• Hello, Dolly  Jan 7 2017, 05:37:15 PM

They really messed that up. It should say GAVIN CREEL in HELLO, DOLLY! That's why I'm excited about this production.

• Love Never Dies...on tour  Jan 7 2017, 02:01:58 PM

That article seems to think the best way to promote the show is to talk about how it failed in the West End and how it hasn't lived up to the success of Phantom. Is that supposed to sell tickets?

• THE SECRET GARDEN to return to Broadway  Jan 7 2017, 01:58:56 PM

How does the second act begin now that "The Girl I Mean to Be" is in act one? Are they still using the same overture and entr'acte? Both were left off the Broadway cast album which I've always found puzzling. I would have prefered the overture at least to be included in favor of some of those dialogue tracks.

• new playbill in Chicago(the city)  Jan 4 2017, 11:02:45 PM

This is great news. I hope we get them in San Diego eventually too.

• American Psycho  Jan 3 2017, 11:44:43 AM

I don't mind the London cast album. I like Matt Smith.

• Cats Revival Cast Recording?  Dec 30 2016, 07:08:15 PM
    Personally, I'm not bothered. I'm not a fan of the changes they made for this revival and I'd rather they not be preserved but I also know how frustrating it is to want a cast album that just never gets made.
  • nudity on broadway  Dec 26 2016, 12:52:39 PM

Was there actual nudity in The Nance? The PBS cameras were so prudish for that scene.

• Falsettos Will Air on PBS' Live from Lincoln Center  Dec 24 2016, 10:08:41 AM

The Amazon listing is "Live From Lincoln Center: Rodgers & Hammerstein's Carousel DVD." That was my first thought too that it could be a mistake, but it was indeed part of the Live From Lincoln Center series.

• Falsettos Will Air on PBS' Live from Lincoln Center  Dec 24 2016, 02:36:58 AM

Anyone know why pbs is releasing the Carousel concert on DVD in February? I thought Live From Lincoln Center broadcasts didn't get DVD releases.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N1RNL6H

• The rockettes to perform at the Dons inauguration  Dec 23 2016, 09:15:38 AM

I'm trying to understand why it's okay for an employer to force an employee to take part in a political event. Regardless of the profession, it  seems like something that would have been thought of and safe gaurded against in a contract by now.