Profile for CATSNYrevival

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld CATSNYrevival
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: CATSNYrevival
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 1 - 1
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Official Kickstarter to get Spring Awakening to perform on the Tonys  May 24 2016, 02:49:38 PM
    If it's true that someone is paying the 200k upfront and is just hoping to be reimbursed then it looks like it is going to happen.
  • Happy 50th Anniversary to MAME!  May 24 2016, 11:07:27 AM

I love Mame! It's time for a revival.

• Jesus Christ Superstar  May 23 2016, 10:51:27 PM

Jo, that's Glenn Carter. Glenn Slater is the lyricist of Love Never Dies and Little Mermaid.

• Beauty and the Beast  May 23 2016, 09:32:57 PM
    Have we even heard Emma Watson sing yet? We may not want to hear her sing a solo.
  • Cynthia Erivo on Stephen Colbert tonight...  May 23 2016, 07:27:20 PM
    Actually she's performing a song from Hamilton.
  • Wildhorn's Monte Cristo  May 23 2016, 06:43:58 PM

To be fair, I don't believe Jekyll & Hyde or Scarlet Pimpernel made any money on Broadway in spite of their long runs.

• Sing better just by changing how you think with this FREE webinar  May 23 2016, 02:52:14 PM
    Like The Think System? This is some Music Man sh!t right here. You realize that was a scam?
  • TUCK PERFORMANCE on Today  May 23 2016, 10:34:38 AM

That was worth the wait. I found that completely charming. I love Casey's choreography.

• THE BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS ending(s)  May 23 2016, 02:18:34 AM
    It wasn't. It was a small local company here in San Diego.

So what song is used as the act one finale when "The Bus From Amarillo" is in the second act?
  • THE BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS ending(s)  May 23 2016, 01:39:12 AM

I saw the tour in 2001 with Ann-Margret which I believe ended the first act with Mona singing "The Bus From Amarillo" as well as a local regional production that also ended the first act with that song. If the licensed version is different then the company must have made the change on their own either with or likely without permission.

• THE BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS ending(s)  May 22 2016, 10:27:17 PM
    Anytime I've ever seen it "The Bus From Amarillo" has always been the act one finale, but I've not seen the licensed libretto from Samuel French so I don't know which version is correct.
  • Men of Broadway Calendar?  May 22 2016, 02:27:25 PM

Do they have to be on Broadway right now? It seems wrong to leave out The Skivvies and the cast of Naked Boys Singing. Also Nick Adams will get naked for a Diet Coke. You can't leave him out.

• Cynthia Erivo finishes half marathon then does two shows  May 22 2016, 12:07:33 PM

She's a force of nature. Have you seen those arms?! No doubt her legs are just as strong. She looks extremely physically fit. It's no surprise that she has the stamina to do this but no less impressive.

• She Loves Me Recording?  May 22 2016, 09:53:18 AM

That's the recording from the last revival.

• Men of Broadway Calendar?  May 21 2016, 08:57:30 PM
    You forgot Gavin Creel.
  • She Loves Me Recording?  May 21 2016, 08:42:44 PM
    Every day that goes by without this recording in my life some little part of me dies.
  • Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812 - New Recording  May 21 2016, 04:22:26 PM

With Josh Groban involved I don't see why they wouldn't just release an all new recording. If they've made any significant changes to the score or written new songs it may not be possible to just drop in new vocals over the original recordings.

• Himself and Nora  May 20 2016, 10:51:47 AM
    The lyrics in their songs are mostly sexual innuendo but I don't recall anything about farts. It's an enjoyable cast album though and I'll be curious to read reviews of this new production if anyone here sees it.
  • She Loves Me Recording?  May 19 2016, 06:31:25 PM
    How do I become a Tony voter? I need to get that Tony Voter Edition CD that Laura Benanti was showing off. Is there some kind of back door I can sneak in?
  • Glenn Close in SUNSET BLVD.  May 19 2016, 06:10:58 PM
    You really want to hear Harvey sing this score?

BROADWAYWORLD TV

COUNTDOWN CLOCK