BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for bandit964
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: bandit964
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 4 - 6
AOL IM: bandit964
Profile: JB

Favorite Show(s): August: Osage County
Cabaret
Chicago
Company
Disgraced
Doubt
Fela!
Hair
Into the Woods
Les Misérables
Miss Saigon
Passing Strange
Priscilla, Queen of the Desert: The Musical
Rent
Spring Awakening
Sunday in the Park with George
Sweeney Todd
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
The Importance of Being Earnest
The Phantom of the Opera
The Pillowman
Urinetown
War Horse
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
Wicked
Xanadu

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Its Official, Second Stage has closed on the Helen Hayes  May 12 2015, 10:45:14 AM

• Its Official, Second Stage has closed on the Helen Hayes  May 12 2015, 10:15:17 AM

Went past yesterday and saw a marquee up, advertising 2nd Stage. http://2stonbroadway.com/ (Still trying to get the pictures up to some site so I can transfer them onto here)

• The Bodyguard to tour with Deborah Cox?  May 12 2015, 07:33:22 AM

http://asolorep.org/upcoming 

The Asolo Rep website still claims Deborah is playing Josephine April 27 - May 5 2016.

• The Nether vs Let The Right One In  May 6 2015, 06:53:37 PM

Wow.  Thanks for all the info, everyone.

• The Nether vs Let The Right One In  May 6 2015, 12:37:56 PM
    Oh! I was not aware. Is St. Ann's Warehouse considered an "off-off" house?
  • The Nether vs Let The Right One In  May 6 2015, 12:33:40 PM

Just curious: The Lucille Lortel awards have nominated The Nether with 5 nominations and Let The Right One In with 0: -Outstanding Play -Outstanding Featured Actress in a Play -Outstanding Scenic Design -Outstanding Lighting Design -Outstanding Sound Design The Drama Desk awards have nominated Let The Right One In with 4 nominations and The Nether with 0: -Outstanding Play -Outstanding Director of a Play -Outstanding Set Design -Outstanding Sound Design in a Play I find it interesting that th

• GHOSTS at BAM  May 3 2015, 11:47:44 AM

I thought the production was stunning, save for the Pastor.  I really disliked his performance as well.  He did seem to yell with no truth behind the screaming.  Lesley Manville and Billy Howle were fantastic.  Their chemistry was on point.  I thought the use of lighting was brilliant.  At one point, I thought Regina was still in the back flirting with Oswald.  Then I realized it was just Helene's reflection on the wall.  Really smart direction.

• Best Choreography nominations  Apr 28 2015, 03:02:06 PM
    What other plays in the past, if any, have been nominated for best choreo?
  • Today Tix Lottery  Apr 10 2015, 10:29:18 AM
    Thanks for the info dramamama & macnyc!
  • Today Tix Lottery  Apr 10 2015, 09:13:54 AM
    I have a different lottery question:

Can you enter the lottery for more than one show per night? I want to see Grounded and Fun Home, but I know the chances are slim, so I want to enter both.

If not, say a friend enters Grounded and I enter Fun Home and we both somehow win, is it easy to opt out of one of the lotteries?

• Hand to God's Targeted Ads in Playbills  Apr 9 2015, 05:44:33 PM

Ya.  When the next month's edition of Playbill gets shipped to the theatre, they will continue to finish passing out the old issues until they run out.  Some areas of the theatre run out before others, so those areas might begin passing out new issues before others do.  Once my friends in the mezz got color playbills while I received b&w in the orch.  Mine was the new issue, but I went upstairs to grab myself one in color.  

• NYC TRIP SUGGESTIONS  Apr 7 2015, 12:10:43 PM
    Oh, and choose Hand to God.
  • NYC TRIP SUGGESTIONS  Apr 7 2015, 12:10:16 PM

Skip Shake Shack this trip. (And all other trips.) Try any restaurant on 46th St. between 8th & 9th Ave, or walk up and down 9th Ave until you find something that looks good.

Also, it's a 3 mile walk from the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens to the Promenade.

Sakura Matsuri (the cherry blossom festival) gets EXTREMELY crowded.  Get to the Gardens in the morning when the festival begins.  The website says 10am.

• Actress in a Play Tony predictions ?  Apr 6 2015, 02:58:40 PM
    Please stop using "there's," when you mean to use "there're."
  • Off-(and Off-Off-)Broadway listing for interested theatergoers...  Mar 30 2015, 06:36:11 PM
    Growl, I often have the exact same thoughts.

Thanks so much for this awesome list.
  • Hand to God Previews  Mar 30 2015, 06:31:39 PM
    Also,

------SPOILERS------

I really enjoyed Tyrone bookending the show with his opening and closing monologues.

During the end of Act 2, two girls behind me were laughing at the gruesome hammer scene. It was quite distracting. I felt everyone else on the edge of their seats or with their hands over their eyes. It's a brutal moment and these girls were really immature. They obviously don't understand the turmoil the character is going through.

------END--
  • Hand to God Previews  Mar 30 2015, 06:21:35 PM
    I agree with most posters that the performances were superior to the script itself. Boyer has cemented a nomination and although I think Sharp will take it, Boyer is well deserving also.

MegInManhattan, your description was spot-on. As vulgar as it is, it brings up a lot of important themes and at times is quite poignant, if not slightly amateur.

The set was MARVELOUS. (What happened to the turn-table the other night??) Fits perfectly in the Booth. Have they re-paint
  • THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Mar 30 2015, 04:34:50 PM
    We heard about Cirque wanting a NY presence. Will this be it?

The Lyric seems like a perfect size for a Cirque-type show, but now that the London Ambassador Theatre Group has taken it over, will they want to host this show?

Also, do you think they will film it at the theatre they plan to bring it to in NY, or do it on some soundstage, then translate it onto a proscenium?

Kind of exciting.

• Theatre Interiors/Architecture  Mar 23 2015, 10:00:11 AM
    I also forgot how wonderful the Friedman is until I was back to see Constellations. The theatre is so cozy and the seats are so comfy!
  • Theatre Interiors/Architecture  Mar 23 2015, 09:58:22 AM
    I'm anxious to hear what happens with the report that Howard Panter from London may be in talks to bring the Hudson theatre and maybe the Times Square theatre back to legit use.

http://nypost.com/2015/03/10/broadways-newest-landlord-is-a-colorful-mormon-loving-brit/