BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for Jon
Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Jon
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Jon
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 1 - 1
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Scores you think sound better with just piano arrangement  Aug 22 2015, 10:37:30 PM

The 1996 Off=Broadway revival of I DO, I DO (with Karen Ziemba and David Garrison) had great two-piano accompaniment.  It made you think, "Oh yeah - this was written by the authors of THE FANTASTICKS!"

• Funny Girl - Broadway  Jun 23 2015, 12:08:59 AM

I think Anna Kendrick should do it, so Lea Michele's head explodes.

• Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick  Jun 20 2015, 01:49:56 PM

This discussion makes me wonder how freakin' jealous Lea Michele must be of Anna Kendrick's career.

• Abby Mueller to Star in Beautiful National Tour  Jun 18 2015, 06:53:11 PM

On TV, Jim Belushi and Brian Doyle-Murray attempted to replace their more talented brothers on SNL.

• Fiddler on the Roof is BACK: November 2015  May 27 2015, 10:32:07 AM

Sally Murphy was 38 when she played Tzeitel (who, according to Golde, is "not yet 20") in the last revival.

• SF Opera's SHOW BOAT coming to the big screen  May 27 2015, 10:27:25 AM

I imagine Bill Irwin must be great in the scene where Captain Andy acts out the big fight in the melodrama, and knocks himself out.

• The king and I previews thread  Mar 19 2015, 03:34:03 PM
    Maybe they should have cast GEDDE Watanabe.
  • Kelly Clarkson in  Feb 27 2015, 03:49:10 PM
    She'd make a good Annie Oakley.
  • The King and I Revival  Feb 26 2015, 09:12:07 AM
    The Beaumont has HUGE amounts of wing space. It was originally designed to house a rotating repertory company - with enough room backstage to house complete sets for three productions, that could be wheeled on and off the stage.
  • Anyone seen The Last Sip previews?  Oct 1 2014, 05:00:59 PM
    Someone should start a thread about it!
  • Has anybody seen the new Annie tour?  Sep 29 2014, 09:22:49 PM
    It should also be noted that is a NON-EQUITY production.
  • Favorite Same-Sex Duets  Sep 29 2014, 08:39:53 AM
    "Grand Old Ivy" and "Company Way" from HOW TO SUCCEED...
  • How was Aida NOT nominated for Best Musical?  Sep 26 2014, 03:32:08 PM
    "Considering Contact had no book..."

Tell that to John Weidman, the book writer. It had characters, plot and dialogue. Saying it had no book is like saying Les Miz has no book because everything is sung.
  • Little Dancer  Sep 25 2014, 11:20:22 PM
    "Sunday in the Park With George" meets "Contact?"
  • Why aren't there more horror-themed plays on Broadway?  Sep 21 2014, 10:07:05 AM
    There was a Broadway stage version of Frankenstein in the late 70's/early 80's that turned out to be the biggest money-losing flop non-musical in history.

We recently had Lestat, Dance of the Vampires and Dracula the Musical all flop within two seasons.
  • Damn Yankees or gay erotica?  Sep 21 2014, 10:01:25 AM
    The Neuwirth/Garber revival featured a locker room/shower scene with a flash of Greg Jbara's rear, but at least the ball players had realistic bodies, and the scene was played for laughs.
  • Neurotic/Awkward Male Characters  Sep 19 2014, 06:57:52 PM
    Harry Witherspoon in Lucky Stiff.
    Benjy Stone in My Favorite Year.
    Morris Brummel in No Way to Treat a Lady.
    Toad in A Year With Frog and Toad
  • Audra offered lead in film version of Hello Again  Sep 18 2014, 11:36:50 AM
    I suppose they could re-write it to be like David Hare's "Blue Room" (also based on La Ronde), in which one couple played all the roles (and in which Nicole Kidman had a notorious nude scene on Broadway).

Otherwise, yes, there are five men and five women, all with equal sized roles.
  • On the Town - age appropriate?  Sep 18 2014, 11:33:17 AM
    Oklahoma, Carousel, and South Pacific also revolve around sex. Do we think Lt. Cable and Liat were just cuddling?
  • Operetta recording recommendations?  Sep 18 2014, 11:29:24 AM
    The Broadway PIRATES OF PENZANCE features new orchestration with synthesizers, etc., that make it sound like a Looney Tunes cartoon.

If you want authentic Gilbert & Sullivan, look for the D'Oyly Carte Opera Company. The recordings made in the 1960's and 70's, with John Reed and Kenneth Sanford as the principal comic leads, are the best in sound quality and vocal enunciation.

BROADWAYWORLD TV