and cgi.script_name does not contain 'bwdb' and cgi.script_name does not contain 'board' and #cgi.script_name# does not contain 'agrosses' and #cgi.script_name# does not contain 'admin' and #cgi.script_name# does not contain 'tony' and #cgi.http_user_agent# does not contain 'iPhone' and #cgi.http_user_agent# does not contain 'Android' and #cgi.http_user_agent# does not contain 'ipad'>

Profile for Jane2

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Jane2
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Jane2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 16
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Currently Listening To: tv

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Will RAUL ESPARZA Ever Return to Broadway?  Jul 13 2016, 03:18:18 PM

"I think its cool and expected that people come on to document how wonderful he is. However, this does not negate other people's experience of the person. My post had nothing to do with the Rosie nonsense. I wasn't referencing that. Just because someone was lovely and thoughtful to you, doesn't mean they didn't treat someone else poorly or were problematic."

If this is directed towards me, I'm sorry Betty but you're all off. Not once in any w

• The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread  Jul 12 2016, 04:52:30 PM

I like the new teaser, it had the right attitude.

• Will RAUL ESPARZA Ever Return to Broadway?  Jul 12 2016, 01:49:53 PM

Petrified

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f_0z1kuPUo&list=RD0f_0z1kuPUo#t=0

• Will RAUL ESPARZA Ever Return to Broadway?  Jul 12 2016, 01:20:22 PM

I had a conversation about that whole scenario with Taboo one time when I ran into Raul. Without going into details, I got the impression that he became quite emotional over how the producing of the show was going with Rosie on board, and that's why he walked out that time.

Speaking of emotional, here's an anecdote. It was shortly after 9/11, which affected Raul very deeply. The theater was closed for a few performances, but one night when we resumed with Tick Tick Boom, Ra

• Will RAUL ESPARZA Ever Return to Broadway?  Jul 12 2016, 12:22:35 PM

I want to defend Raul because I love him so much. After first becoming aware of him in Rocky Horror, where he hit notes that didn't even exist, I was hooked. You can imagine my excitement when he starred in Tick Tick Boom, at the theater I was managing. Not  only did I get to see him act and hear him sing every night, I got to know him personally. He was the most unaffected and un-drama driven person to know.

IMO he's got the best voice on Broadway. Ever hear him do Petrif

• HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Jul 11 2016, 04:36:33 PM

"we've probably all seen the original film (it's on Netflix if you haven't) but it isn't really relevant to the conversation."

It is to me.

• HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Jul 11 2016, 02:46:31 PM

I can't believe no one has commented on the original film. Am I the only one here who saw it?

• HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Jul 11 2016, 11:44:05 AM

This may turn out better than the Travolta film, which I thought was bad, but the original film with Divine and Ricki Lake was great. 

• Bad Theater Behavior  Jul 7 2016, 05:51:07 PM

^ I'm wondering how she got in the door, let alone shown to her seat, with pizza.

• Ariana Grande cast as Penny in  Jul 7 2016, 04:06:04 PM

perfect

• First time in NYC and need help picking hotels and where to go besides seeing shows.  Jul 7 2016, 10:55:44 AM

If you go to South Ferry, be aware that the subway won't stop there until some time in July, for construction. The best way to go is by taxi.

• Michael Cerveris... What's next?  Jul 6 2016, 06:48:57 PM

Thanks so much for posting the song, Do Wah Diddy. It was wonderful hearing Michael sing that. I do wish everyone on this board had seen him do Hedwig. I saw him do it every night and still teared up a few times during his performance.

Having him in the show again is too much to even pray for!

• New World Stages  Jul 6 2016, 04:53:44 PM

When I worked there, verizon worked but not AT&T. If you stood near the stairs/escalator, anyone could get service.

• Memoirs of a Geisha Musical?  Jun 27 2016, 06:50:46 PM

Well, why didn't  you just say you were shocked that a man wrote it?

• Memoirs of a Geisha Musical?  Jun 27 2016, 02:51:18 PM

"This book is so great, and I remember finishing it, turning the last page to discover it was written by a Jewish man...that really stunned me."

because.......?

• Fun Home SRO Lately?  Jun 23 2016, 01:12:04 PM

Question for anyone who past dated a ticket, to any show. If they agree to seat you, is it only for the same location of your original ticket, or will they move you to a better seat if they have them available?

• A Possible Solution to Cellphones in Theaters  Jun 20 2016, 05:13:08 PM

"If a show can refuse to seat latecomers, I'd guess if you refused to get a pouch for your phone and it goes off, you sort of lose your 'Oops, I'm sorry' rights and you can talk to whomever called you outside while everyone else is watching act two?"

I'm not sure what you're saying, but what I'm saying is once a phone rings, the whole idea of pouches goes down the tube.

• A Possible Solution to Cellphones in Theaters  Jun 20 2016, 03:22:23 PM

I don't see this working. All you need is one or two or a few people who don't produce their phones. If even one of them rings, there goes the whole plan. What good is having the other 1500 people cooperating if it only takes one or two to ruin the entire show?

• BRONX TALE AT THE LONGACRE  Jun 16 2016, 01:26:02 PM

"The Longacre seats 1091. Smaller than what?"

hmm, the Gershwin, the Broadway, Hirschfeld, to start with.

• OFFICIAL 2016 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 13 2016, 09:40:26 AM

to schubox-Yes. the whole thing is petty, but it only became so because you and other fans of the show let it bother you that some people don't like or aren't interested in it. So what if someone muted the sound? Why do you care?

The reason I'm getting so deeply into this matter is because it happens whenever some people have a dissenting opinion about a wildly popular piece of art. Look into yourself and ask why it bothers you so much.

BROADWAYWORLD TV