BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for Jane2
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Jane2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 16
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Currently Listening To: wheezing

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Aug 3 2015, 09:24:37 PM

Having seen Ally Sheedys run (not by choice) I am 100 per cent sure that Rapp was better, assuming he at least was trying to do the show we call Hedwig.

Don't ask!

• Hollywood stars... Do we even care?  Aug 3 2015, 10:55:36 AM

If they're perfect for the part, I don't mind, but it's all because money is the bottom line.

For everything.

• Stop dressing like crap!  Aug 2 2015, 04:23:37 PM

I don't agree that the actors don't care what the audience wears as long as they buy a ticket. A ticket is needed to see the production . The mode of dress is a personal choice and reflects your attitude towards those actors and their work .

• Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Aug 2 2015, 04:16:25 PM

It was close. I debated for a while because neither one of them was in the character! Lol

• Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Aug 1 2015, 08:22:51 PM

Glitter girl, the only broadway Hedwig I saw until JCM was NPH. I was so disgusted after his performance that I decided I was done with the show . But I did return for JCM.

but here are my rankings:

JCM, M. Cerveris,Matt McGrath, Kevin Cahoon, Asa Somers, Donovan Leitch, NPH, Ally Sheedy

• Contact info for Belasco House Manager?  Jul 31 2015, 10:04:14 PM

I've known Steffi a long time. She's perfect for HMing for Hedwig. No nonsense!

p.s. she's not that old, lol.

• Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Jul 30 2015, 06:59:37 PM

I'd love to see some rankings by people who saw the Jane St. Hedwigs as well as the broadway ones.

• Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Jul 30 2015, 06:38:19 PM

"He was on fire the night I saw him. Incredible performance. No surprise he won the Tony"

I sure wasn't surprised. He put on some show. It perfectly showcased his singing and dancing talents. And I'm sure it brought in lots of business. As I always say, those producers are brilliant.

• Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Jul 30 2015, 06:14:58 PM

"The major difference is that JCM was creating a role FOR himself to perform, which means it was built, first and foremost, to showcase his strengths as well as challenge him in areas he wanted (and felt he needed) to be challenged artistically. It wasn't written standalone, and then he thought, "You know, maybe *I* should do this..."

That's right Haterobics, and it makes  big difference.

• Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Jul 30 2015, 03:03:56 PM

I want to add that I don't think anyone on this board experienced the phenomenon that I and hundred of others did, being part of the cult (and I did say cult) following that was at the Jane for every performance by John (and others but this is about the bond with John as Hedwig). We were all a part of one whole utterly devoted mass to Hedwig and John. Seeing him play the role became something other than a role. JCM was Hedwig for us. It was a deep love. I can't explain it if you

• Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Jul 30 2015, 02:52:57 PM

Interesting Skies, I was just giving a lot of thought to how I would explain my stance on JCM being the one and only Hedwig. So I'll try: I was pretending that I was writing a story based on some actual events from my own life. I would, in my mind, return to the "scenes of the crimes" lol, and experience them once again, and write. That's what JCM did. So I can't imagine that anyone else could return to those scenes and feel them the way John did. 

And of course JCM's acting a

• Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Jul 30 2015, 02:17:11 PM

"So fine that some think that JCM is the best Hedwig, but I just think that because he wrote the character nobody can give as great if different Hedwig is just silly."

So sorry that you inferred the only reason I say JCM is the best is because he wrote the story. 

Beyond silly - just ridiculous.

• Stop dressing like crap!  Jul 30 2015, 02:13:17 PM

"That raises another question, though: what if you don't know where you are going?"

Well, now we're veering towards another whole topic..

• Stop dressing like crap!  Jul 30 2015, 01:26:22 PM

"But I do have one question about the way you dress and the building you are going to be in. Do you dress differently when you catch a train at Grand Central than you do at Penn Station?"

Hogan, you're hystserical! Good question, and the answer is thus (even if you are only kidding) - It depends upon my destination!

• Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Jul 30 2015, 01:21:01 PM

It's his story because he created it.

• Stop dressing like crap!  Jul 30 2015, 09:44:02 AM

Part of the reason I don't go to broadway theaters extremely casual is for the physical buildings themselves. I consider most broadway theaters to be beautiful, somewhat luxurious and formal places. That influences my attire. For instance, there are some off and off off broadway houses which are similar to some unfinished basements I've seen. I feel at home in quite casual dress there.

I know I'm a bit "old fashioned" but I also am influenced by museums such as t

• What Show Will Andy Karl Do Next?  Jul 30 2015, 09:30:44 AM

Of course. He did Slut after Altar Boyz.

• Fun Home to Perform on Late Night with Seth Meyers 7/29  Jul 30 2015, 09:18:17 AM

Sweet scene.

• Stop dressing like crap!  Jul 30 2015, 08:30:52 AM

"Wow I don't get why some people are so judgmental towards things that do not concern them at all! This is why we have wars.."

The topic was brought up and we're posting our opinions. It doesn't mean any more than that. 

As for "this is why we have wars" um, k.

• Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Jul 29 2015, 06:43:11 PM

yes, J52, I do to some extent.

BROADWAYWORLD TV