Profile for Jane2

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Jane2
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Jane2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 16
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Currently Listening To: tv

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • People who take vacant seats at intermission  May 2 2016, 10:22:13 PM

Thespian said " Not a huge fan of his (although I love a lot of the work he produces)"

Yeah, his name is on all the major work in the Biz. Lots of great work. But the man - well, let's just say he is "renowned" ahem

• Censorship on the BWW Boards  May 2 2016, 10:13:52 PM

I feel like this is the goodbye thread. sad

• People who take vacant seats at intermission  May 2 2016, 08:54:30 PM

"A lot of theaters are ok with it if it's at intermission. As someone said please don't do it before the show because normally late seating continues throughout the act (unless you're at a Scott Rudin show)."

That made me laugh. Scott Rudin himself caused a huge disturbance at  my theater when he played musical chairs with his own seat, ended up in someone else's seat, saying we'd worry about it when the people came, and when they did, he had a  

• Cell Phone Nightmare: Laura Benanti Stops the Show  May 1 2016, 08:22:49 PM

Oh, I get it, and agree that sometimes it's a mistake. But get this - there's a simple solution. Check your phone when you hear the announcement.

• Cell Phone Nightmare: Laura Benanti Stops the Show  May 1 2016, 04:26:51 PM

smiley

• Cell Phone Nightmare: Laura Benanti Stops the Show  May 1 2016, 04:22:52 PM

"Um, Im not the one who said it.  You're confused.  And it's MARGO.  No T"

Didn't you say you agreed with aaaa, who took the comment seriously? I'm not confused if that was you.

Sorry about the T, I have a friend who uses it, and I was so accustomed to talking to her.

• Cell Phone Nightmare: Laura Benanti Stops the Show  May 1 2016, 04:20:26 PM

"Personally, I'd rather have someone eyes-down on their phone than someone looking down their nose at everyone else. "

I might agree with you there, but the heads down on the phone is lethal on the sidewalks, and very bright in the theater!

• Cell Phone Nightmare: Laura Benanti Stops the Show  May 1 2016, 04:03:01 PM

I'm totally with you too, JayG, but I"m happy with when I was born and with the age I am.

• Cell Phone Nightmare: Laura Benanti Stops the Show  May 1 2016, 03:54:11 PM

" these comments about the way millenials speak, or it stunting their learning are ridiculous."

Please post some of those comments. I haven't read any here. 

• Cell Phone Nightmare: Laura Benanti Stops the Show  May 1 2016, 03:48:36 PM

" agree, don't generalize all of us please."

Hyperbole Margot. Look it up.

And no one said every single one of you do it. The question was who does it more, the  younger or the old.

• Cell Phone Nightmare: Laura Benanti Stops the Show  May 1 2016, 03:44:37 PM

"Saying millenials 'literally can't last a minute without using' their phones is as stupid as saying all old people don't know how to use their phones."

I'll excuse that ignorant statement because you don't know hyperbole.

• Cell Phone Nightmare: Laura Benanti Stops the Show  May 1 2016, 03:42:12 PM

"Ok, but do you agree that it's a problem?  And if so, shouldn't someone be called out or disciplined in some way?"

Oh  yes, a thousand times yes it's a problem. It is such a huge problem that it hasn't been stopped no matter what we try. Who said it earlier, that the only way to stop it is to kick out the offending person with no refund. I'd love to see that happen.

Meanwhile, I understand why some actors just had had it to the point wher

• Cell Phone Nightmare: Laura Benanti Stops the Show  May 1 2016, 03:21:04 PM

Well, after holding every foh position, including lots of ushering, and ten years of it observing audiences in five different stages at a time, I'm going with what I've seen.

oh, and by the way, what do you base your statement that it is "inaccurate" on?

• Cell Phone Nightmare: Laura Benanti Stops the Show  May 1 2016, 02:54:51 PM

"Plus everyone else who has worked SO hard in creating a show." 

It's wrong for them all to stop the show because of one person. It's almost impossible to get 100% audience cooperation with phones and the like in a theater audience. 

• Cell Phone Nightmare: Laura Benanti Stops the Show  May 1 2016, 02:43:25 PM

". Why should she have to continue when someone has no respect for what she's doing?"

Because the other 1499 people do have respect.

• Cell Phone Nightmare: Laura Benanti Stops the Show  May 1 2016, 02:38:58 PM

In my experience, the millennials are the bigger offenders by far re cell phones. They are the ones who are addicted to their phones and literally can't last a minute without using them. I remember having to tell a young person to shut their phone off three times, as she turned it back on after each time.

• Cell Phone Nightmare: Laura Benanti Stops the Show  May 1 2016, 11:54:47 AM

I was at a performance of Pillowman. As we all know, there are many moments of intense dramatic silence in that play. In fact, most of the play is like that. Well, about twenty minutes in, a man came late, When he was seated, he yelled out "I can't see!" I'm saying yelled because the entire theater rang out with his bellow. To make it worse, another idiot yelled back at him "Shut up." Then the first guy yelled "YOU shut  up."  I stared at Jeff G

• Derek Hough HAIRSPRAY LIVE! and Singing In The Rain?  Apr 28 2016, 01:44:53 PM

Farming may be out of left field, but I think she'd be perfect.

• Relying on Critics reviews versus BWW posters  Apr 27 2016, 09:44:31 PM

I know that one reason i have such unique taste in theater is because I'm not a fan of show tunes. Since Taboo and DOTV were not typical show music, I liked them. That's why I'm probably going to like Psycho if I get to see it.

• Relying on Critics reviews versus BWW posters  Apr 27 2016, 07:21:51 PM

Dance of the Vampires and Taboo are among my favorites.

BROADWAYWORLD TV