Profile for Jane2

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Jane2
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Jane2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 16
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Currently Listening To: tv

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Ken Lonergan  Feb 13 2017, 10:22:24 PM
  • Ken Lonergan  Feb 13 2017, 10:22:23 PM

bk said "Dear Baker Williams:

If you think Manchester By the Sea is one of the best-written films of all time, then there is no hope for either you or this world.  How old are you?  Have you ever seen a classic film before, you know, perhaps one written by Billy Wilder and any of his genius collaborators....blah blah blah"

You are totally out of line in throwing insults and character judgment at Baker Williams because his opinion is different from yours.<

• Ken Lonergan  Feb 13 2017, 01:42:09 PM

I was disappointed in Manchester, mainly because Lonergan's play LOBBY HERO is one of my favorites. This film said nothing to me except for "here's a guy who had a rough life." (I think the same about Moonlight).

Casey Affeck's performance was right for the material, but I don't think it was much of a stretch for him.

• IMDb closing their message board, thoughts?  Feb 5 2017, 11:53:56 AM

^ neither did I. I go there frequently for info on the industry.

• IMDb closing their message board, thoughts?  Feb 5 2017, 10:46:06 AM

probably because they can get pretty ugly.

• Stagedooring a show I didn't see?  Jan 29 2017, 07:02:15 PM

As I said, it's not who else minds. The security at stagedoor, the cast, the other patrons on line. They don't know that you didn't see the show, so why should they care? It's all about how you feel about it yourself. If you're ok with doing something that you have a feeling might be wrong, then have at it.

• Stagedooring a show I didn't see?  Jan 28 2017, 03:09:11 PM

If you feel good about doing it, go right ahead.

Even though I do not stagedoor, I know that no matter how much I love an artist, taking someone's discarded playbill and getting in the line with those who saw the show (and YES did PAY to see it) would make me feel lousy and it would ruin the entire experience of meeting them.

But that's just me.

• Actors Freaking Out on Stage  Jan 24 2017, 09:03:20 PM

"Ally Sheedy in Hedwig
    http://nypost.com/1999/12/17/weird-ally-quits-hedwig/"

Um, Sheedy didn't quit. She was fired.

Kevin Cahoon didn't take over. It was Matt McGrath.

• this film  Jan 24 2017, 10:12:57 AM

I'm pretty sure I'm not seen. I wisely used to stay to the back of these things, for so many reasons!

• this film  Jan 23 2017, 10:23:47 PM

I never saw the film. I'm sure it's been edited to delete all the signs of torture, lol!

• this film  Jan 23 2017, 09:47:40 PM

I didn't remember Webster Hall, having worked on the film, but here's what I do remember: (interesting horror story about doing extra work)

I got the call to show up at the armory at 3:30 am that coming morning. I got there and learned that there were over 900 extras for that shoot. Each and every one of us had to go through wardrobe, hair and makeup. The wardrobe-there were racks and racks of 30's dresses, and since these were not private fittings, you wore the dress that

• Jennifer Holliday Hasn’t Committed Performing At Trump Inauguration??  Jan 13 2017, 05:50:49 PM

"I am sincerely curious as to why you voted for him."

Well, I did have one friend who was pro Trump. We had some arguments about him, and I had to stop being friends with her but it sounded to me like the two major points that she was voting for were 1. the wall and 2. Lower taxes.

• As it is in Heaven  Jan 9 2017, 10:35:29 PM

mc, check your messages. I think you'll be happy with what I've arranged.

• Favorite Act One Finale?  Jan 9 2017, 09:38:51 PM

Rock of Ages

• As it is in Heaven  Jan 9 2017, 04:42:35 PM

well, there you go.

• As it is in Heaven  Jan 9 2017, 01:50:00 PM

My friend wrote that play. I saw it and enjoyed it, a mellow piece.

I'll ask her where you can get info.

• The rockettes to perform at the Dons inauguration  Dec 23 2016, 05:34:37 PM

This issue is about to air on CBS news, as I watch. Anyone who wants to, can bow out.

• The rockettes to perform at the Dons inauguration  Dec 23 2016, 01:44:43 PM

"hat probably wasn't Ivanka. It was probably just another fake news story."

I didn't think the woman in the video which aired on tv looked the slightest bit like Ivanka. Also, I heard a report on the incident that mentioned Ivanka being in full makeup. The woman in the video didn't have any noticeable makeup on.

• The rockettes to perform at the Dons inauguration  Dec 23 2016, 01:35:45 PM

" it may be for their benefit to just bite the bullet and just do it rather than loose their gig."

"loose" their gig? It's "lose."

• The rockettes to perform at the Dons inauguration  Dec 23 2016, 11:27:28 AM

"I'm trying to understand why it's okay for an employer to force an employee to take part in a political event."

The Rockettes is a brand that contracts to perform at events other than Radio City. Not too hard to understand, as it's their prerogative to do so. I don't know if you're employed, but if you decide you don't want to do your job one day because you do't like what you're supposed to do, then your employer should have no problem with t

Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement