BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for Jane2
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Jane2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 16
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Currently Listening To: wheezing

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • SOMETHING ROTTEN Reviews  Apr 25 2015, 07:18:42 PM

I go to the theatre to be entertained. My definition, however, is not limited to one word. For me, direction, wardrobe, blocking, makeup, and all the rest must be top notch for it to be entertaining.

• SOMETHING ROTTEN Reviews  Apr 24 2015, 11:47:12 AM

"I bet Betty Comden and Dorothy Parker both would have envied that snappy wit of yours."

Nah, I don't have anything on them.

• SOMETHING ROTTEN Reviews  Apr 24 2015, 11:27:00 AM

newintown, you don't understand the word remarkable, so never mind.

• SOMETHING ROTTEN Reviews  Apr 24 2015, 10:00:47 AM

" Here are other experiences that I think can be cut short:

When eating out, if the meal isn't good, I don't clean the plate.
    If reading a book that I find dull or poorly written, I may not finish it.
    When a TV show isn't entertaining, I change the channel.
    While visiting a museum, I don't feel compelled to see every single exhibit."

Do you think those revelations are remarkable in any way? Perhaps you do, but I think any sane person take

• Dream Hedwigs  Apr 23 2015, 02:51:53 PM

I think Adam Lambert would make the ultimate Frankfurter but Hedwig -  not so much.

• Dream Hedwigs  Apr 22 2015, 02:39:59 PM

Edward G. Robinson

• Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel  Apr 21 2015, 06:54:34 PM

"#TeamHouse"

HAHAHA!

• Rent vs Hedwig  Apr 21 2015, 02:48:06 PM

Rent very strongly featured the AIDS crisis and touched thousands. Hedwig strongly makes the point of all of us wanting love and acceptance. Both shows attracted a cult following (Rent's was much bigger), in fact, even Yitzak was a HUGE Rent fan.

I liked both, was entertained by both but nothing compares to Hedwig.

• Darren Criss in Hedwig  Apr 21 2015, 10:44:27 AM

I'm not a voice professor, but I thought from that clip Darren Criss has a lovely soft musical show voice, but not a strong rock voice, which is what Hedwig needs. But then, that clip is only one song.

• Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel  Apr 21 2015, 10:39:28 AM

I loved how another patron asked M to stop. If that's even true.

• Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel  Apr 21 2015, 09:18:07 AM

I don't agree with Auggie's assessment. I don't condone anyone's using their phone in a theater, whether it's Beiber, Madonna, or a stranger. Age doesn't factor in here at all. Rudeness knows no bounds, and I don't think it has different connotations in people of different ages.

• Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel  Apr 20 2015, 05:02:41 PM

"..because Madonna got bored?"

Yes, partially. 

• Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel  Apr 20 2015, 04:19:39 PM

"It's not working out too shabbily for Hamilton's publicity either."

Maybe for some it's working, but it's making me think the show must be boring.

• Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel  Apr 20 2015, 03:58:45 PM

My friend is personal assistant to one of our biggest stage stars. From day to day, he complains about the constant demand for house seats and has the annoyance of trying to juggle who's coming when, etc. Who cancels when, etc. Pain in the butt.

• Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel  Apr 20 2015, 03:47:35 PM

House seats are not comps. They are considered among the best seats in the house, and you have to pay for them. Also, leads in the show have a certain amount of house seats in their names for each performance. People who want them have to pay for them. You can obtain them from the personal assistant, who very often has a waiting list for the seats. If some are given as comps, I'm not quite sure who has to pay for them.

• Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel  Apr 20 2015, 03:02:00 PM

This thread is silly IMO. There is no choosing sides in this matter. Whomever is texting during a performance is WRONG.

• Rebecca Naomi Jones as Yitzhak in Hedwig Performance Review Thread  Apr 20 2015, 10:05:49 AM

"Thought she was incredible. Not too "girly" at all, what a dumb thing to say."

Kindly respect others' opinions. Your remark makes you sound dumb, not her/him.

• Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel  Apr 20 2015, 09:13:26 AM

this is what I hate about her. "The rules are for someone else, not me, I'm Madonna." Boo.

• Darren Criss in Hedwig  Apr 14 2015, 10:21:10 AM

All posters for all shows/plays are meant do to the same thing - make money, aka sell tickets. There's a lot to be considered.

They are supposed to give an idea of what the show is about, as well as being visually enjoyable, graphically balanced, easy to read, and geared to the proper demographic. 

Some posters are more successful than others. It takes the right collaboration between production and artist. We've definitely had plenty of threads on this topic and I f

• Darren Criss in Hedwig  Apr 14 2015, 09:56:51 AM

"i think the promo photos have been more about selling the actor than selling the role."

Bingo. At least in this case it is.