Advertisement

Profile for AC126748

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld AC126748
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: AC126748
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 8 - 22
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s): Cherry Jones

Currently Listening To: Little Fish and Passing Strange

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • TDF--Thoughts, Comments, Questions  Feb 5 2016, 04:39:32 PM

Been a TDF member since I was in high school, close to 20 years. For the most part, I love it. Even with gradual increase in prices over the years, you still end up paying significantly less than you would at TKTS or using a direct mail discount. Aside from the blockbusters, most shows end up on there. If you live in the city and have a flexible schedule, you can take advantage of the shows that drop a performance on TDF a day or two in advance. I've only had maybe one or two bad experien

• Mary-Louise Parker to Return to Broadway in Heisenberg Remount  Feb 2 2016, 01:41:58 PM

I don't think that the Friedman's modest size (650 seats) will diminish the play's charm or intimacy. I imagine that Brokaw will tailor this production elements to fit a more traditional proscenium space, as the production at City Center seemed designed specifically to fit a black box theater.

• What will Saoirse Ronan do?  Feb 2 2016, 10:48:45 AM

There is a 100% chance she will attend the Oscars and a 100% chance she will perform on Broadway the next evening. That's really all that needs to be said.

• Marin Mazzie NYTimes article on Cancer et al.  Jan 8 2016, 03:03:25 PM

Ovarian cancer has a very high remission rate. Unfortunately, it also has a very high relapse rate (around 70%). Having personally lost a beloved family member and a close friend to this horrible cancer, and another friend who is currently in the end stages, I hope that Mazzie is able to remain in that 30%. I wish her and Mr. Danieley nothing but the best.

• Thank you Angus!  Jan 3 2016, 06:05:31 PM

Angus was wonderful in its heyday -- the rare buzzed-about place that really lived up to its hype. I felt that the quality dipped in recent years but I'm still sad to see it go. 

• Mother Courage at CSC  Jan 3 2016, 02:53:33 PM

Thanks for the clarification on the contract issue. Did not realize that standard 2 weeks notice applied here, should have figured. And even more interesting then if they have been looking for 2 weeks but haven't found someone. Unless they are keeping that under wraps too. 

• Mother Courage at CSC  Jan 3 2016, 02:23:05 PM

First off, I will admit that I didn't have time to read through this entire thread, so I apologize if this has been discussed already. But in her missive, Pinkins claims that she is only contractually obligated to perform in the production through this weekend. Does that seem odd to anyone else -- that the star of an Off Broadway play running 6 weeks with no understudies would only be contractually obligated to perform half the run? Or is it a loophole that if she stays for at least half

• Leigh Ann Larkin  Dec 25 2015, 06:54:29 PM

Ljay, you have always been a big proponent of the revival so perhaps you can't look at the facts from an unbiased position. But it wasn't a big hit, and it was very lucky to have even made the money it did. The producers made a lot of stupid decisions (who signs a star to a 6-month contract, then allows her to take two vacations?) and Bernadette deserves a lot of credit for putting the show over the edge of recoupment. 

• Leigh Ann Larkin  Dec 25 2015, 03:21:45 PM

The revival was not a "big hit". It was a modest success that recouped its investment in its final week. And Larkin was dreadful in it. 

• Kelsey grammar in finding neverland  Dec 19 2015, 07:04:08 PM

Grammer is returning early because he now has to leave earlier than expected due to the shooting schedule for his new TV show. Coming back early allows him to make up the performances he would otherwise have missed; that he gets a few more shows with Morrison is an added bonus.

• Award Winning Playwright Almost Slaps a Theatre Patron (and what that apparently says about our theatre)  Dec 9 2015, 11:02:35 PM

So much casual racism on this thread. Just call her an uppity you-know-what and get it over with -- that's basically what you're already doing. 

• Random People Trickling In Right Before Curtain  Nov 30 2015, 10:22:17 AM

Roundabout subscribers can exchange a subscriber ticket for a general admission pass that they can try to use at any performance. At least, that's how it worked when I was a subscriber. GA patrons were almost always seated very close to curtain, within a minute or two of a performance's start time. As for MTC, they might have a similar option for subscribers, or as the other poster said, they could be seating volunteer ushers in those seats. Or they might be last-minute ticket bu

• Night in Room ~Signature theater ~  Nov 30 2015, 08:05:10 AM

Pinteresque? Hardly. Wallace couldn't hope to achieve Pinter's economy of language or knack for evoking mood and relationships in a million years. It's a lousy, poorly written play that relies heavily on its "shocking" reveal but doesn't really achieve any emotional resonance. The acting is good enough, but there's not much that can be done with such a bad piece of writing. And I don't know how "controversial" it really is -- it's hardly treadin

• A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum  Nov 23 2015, 12:00:33 PM

The audience ate it up the night I went, but it was opening night -- so obviously many in attendance were involved with the production. I was expecting a lot and found that it didn't really deliver.

• A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum  Nov 23 2015, 09:22:11 AM

I found Fitzgerald miscast as Pseudolus, lacking the humor and charisma to carry the show. Turner's deadpan Philia didn't work for me, either, and the obvious age difference between him and Bobby Conte Thornton as Hero was seemed like a mistake. Michael Urie and Eddie Cooper gave the most successful performances. Cooper is also the only "female" cast member who achieves even a little verisimilitude. The production is kind of mediocre overall and wouldn't even be not

• Master Builder  Nov 20 2015, 12:40:51 PM

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Linda-Emond-and-More-Join-Ralph-Fiennes-in-Old-Vics-THE-MASTER-BUILDER-Headed-to-Broadway-Next-Fall-20151119

Next year, starring Ralph Fiennes.

• Very moving play experiences  Nov 20 2015, 08:13:32 AM

The 2003 Broadway revival of Long Day's Journey Into Night, especially Vanessa Redgrave's incredible delivery of Mary's final monologue.

The Off-Broadway revival of John Guare's Landscape of the Body (hence my signature).

Simon Russell Beale in everything I've seen him in, but especially Uncle Vanya and The Cherry Orchard

The Normal Heart -- everything about it.

I

• Lea Salonga in Fun Home  Nov 18 2015, 01:01:09 PM

I have always admired Salonga's commitment to performing in her home country, especially now that she is U.S.-based. She has been a great advocate for theater in the Philippines. Helen should fit her like a glove.

• A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum  Nov 17 2015, 11:24:31 AM

I'm going to opening night on Friday. I know others on here have seen this production in its previous iteration at Williamstown, or in readings.

• THERESE RAQUIN Reviews  Nov 13 2015, 10:37:21 AM

I sat in the front row of the middle-mezzanine, and Ms. Knightley's performance really didn't read that far away. All of the subtleties that some have praised were lost to me.

BROADWAYWORLD TV