Profile for AC126748

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld AC126748
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: AC126748
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 8 - 22
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s): Cherry Jones

Currently Listening To: Little Fish and Passing Strange

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • For sale: 1 discounted ticket to THE SIGNATURE PLAYS this Saturday  May 26 2016, 10:55:23 AM

I've had a change of plans and can no longer use the ticket I bought for this Saturday's 2pm matinee of The Signature Plays. I paid $25 for the ticket at the box office (no fees) but will sell for $20. I can meet you the morning of the performance to do the exchange. PM me if interested.

• The Official TDF Thread  May 25 2016, 12:49:07 PM

BellaB2 said: "Has anyone gotten The Color Purple on TDF? Wondering where the seats are.

"

Got TDF tickets for last Wednesday's matinee. The seat they gave me was Row M, right side. Perfect view. Unfortunately, I was seated between a crinkly-candy unwrapper and a rotund man who coughed and wheezed through the whole first act, so I moved to the entirely empty last row of the orchestra to watch the rest of the show in peace. As long as you'

• Jake Gyllenhaal in Sunday in the Park  May 25 2016, 12:05:18 PM

I'm 1,345. My estimated wait time is 36 minutes. City Center may be a barn, but I'm not optimistic.

• Dear Evan Hansen vs Hamilton  May 25 2016, 09:52:05 AM

As good as Dear Evan Hansen is, it's laughable to even suggest that it will approach the cultural behemoth Hamilton has become.

• Jake Gyllenhaal in Sunday in the Park  May 24 2016, 11:13:34 AM

Thanks to air travel, where one is based is essentially a nonissue, especially for a one-night event.

• Jake Gyllenhaal in Sunday in the Park  May 24 2016, 11:04:02 AM

neonlightsxo said: "We would have to keep Carmen around until October, which is not a sure thing right now. But yes.

"

Is she banished from New York if her show closes over the summer?

• Rebel Wilson to join West End's Guys and Dolls  May 24 2016, 10:51:44 AM

The most recent major London revivals are 1982 (Ian Charleson, Bob Hoskins, Julia McKenzie, and Julie Covington), 1996 (Henry Goodman, Imelda Staunton, Clarke Peters, and Jo Riding), 2005 (Ewan McGregor, Jane Krakowski, Doug Hodge, and Jenna Russell), and now this one. There was also a reunion concert of the 1982 revival in 1990 in honor of Charleson after his death.

In contrast, there have been three Broadway revivals in the last 40 years (1977, 1992, and 2009), as well as the concert

• Jake Gyllenhaal in Sunday in the Park  May 24 2016, 09:02:24 AM

Cynthia Erivo would be my first choice for Dot. Jason Danieley as Jules and Melissa Errico as Yvonne (would be fun since they've played George and Dot in past productions). Perhaps Linda Emond as The Old Lady/Blair (it is a concert, after all)?

• Cynthia Erivo on Stephen Colbert tonight...  May 24 2016, 08:46:30 AM

I've been going to professional theater since I was in diapers and I can say without hyperbole that Erivo's is the greatest musical theater performance I've ever seen. This clip just drives that point further home. What she can do with just her voice -- no sets, no costumes, and no context -- is extraordinary. I hope she's come to like New York and decides to be a frequent visitor to our stages.

• Visceral reaction at LONG DAY...  May 23 2016, 01:49:00 PM

My spouse had a very visceral reaction to LDJ, too. He was not aware of the content going in (he's not a theater person) and the situations were very close to his own experience. He identified with the character of Mary who felt very close to his own mother. His reaction was different than the woman mentioned here -- he went very silent and still, whereas it seems like the woman here had an outburst of emotion, but yeah, the belittling of people who have emotional reactions that is inhere

• Heather Headly as Shug Run Don't Walk  May 23 2016, 08:14:00 AM

Ben Brantley gushes over Headley (and Marin Mazzie) in a column on replacements in long-running revivals:

“Push the Button,” the honky-tonk number in which Shug demonstrates the art of pleasing a partner in bed, is now the raging showstopper it should be. Yet Ms. Headley’s Shug is also fiercely vulnerable, on prickly guard against those who might discover her soft spots.

When she finds herself unexpectedly falling for the plain and work-worn Celie,

• Brantley on  May 23 2016, 07:45:43 AM

I have an extra ticket to this Saturday's (28 May) sold-out matinee performance if anyone is interested. $25 cash, no fees. PM me for more info or if you're interested in buying.

• Off Broadway Usher Job Opportunities  May 20 2016, 03:59:59 PM

I worked for several summers at the Delacorte. Unless things have radically changed, a good portion of their FOH people are not full time Public employees. As Kad said, the Delacorte requires such a large number of FOH people that it would be impossible to staff it exclusively with folks who work downtown. 

• 2016 Drama League Nominations & Awards  May 20 2016, 02:46:51 PM

neonlightsxo said: "The Drama League voters are just random people who pay to be a member. It's not exactly "the industry."

"

Exactly. You join right now at a rate of $12 and have voting privileges for next year.

• Off Broadway Usher Job Opportunities  May 20 2016, 02:06:02 PM

The Public is hiring front of house people for the Delacorte.

http://www.publictheater.org/en/About/Employment/

• Disney employs the most amount of minorities on Broadway  May 20 2016, 10:24:57 AM

backwoodsbarbie said: "Disney has 2 shows on Broadway that are primarily people of color. Those casts combined would outnumber Hamilton or The King & I. 

"

The King and I has (I believe) the largest cast on Broadway at the moment, and all but a few of the cast members are actors of color. Factoring in covers, it is the largest cast of nonwhite actors on Broadway at the moment.

• Laura Benanti chides people for not applauding  May 20 2016, 07:54:23 AM

• Laura Benanti chides people for not applauding  May 20 2016, 07:38:52 AM

HenryTDobson said: "Of course it was a joke! C'mon people, Laura Benanti tweets stuff like this all the time. 

My only complaint is that it's not quite as funny as we've seen from Ms. Benanti in the past. Typically I literally laugh out loud at her tweets/presence. This one was kindof meh for me. 

"

It was a joke, yes, but a joke that was very clearly born out of the fact that she was ticked

• Laura Benanti chides people for not applauding  May 20 2016, 07:27:59 AM

How long before #PattiMurin co-signs?

• SIGNATURE PLAYS-Albee, Fornes, Kennedy  May 20 2016, 06:57:49 AM

I'm seeing it tomorrow. I'm familiar with all three plays, having been in The Sandbox in college and read the Fornes and the Kennedy. The term "experimental theater" gets thrown around with such casualness nowadays, but these are the true pioneers of the form. The Sandbox is exciting because it allows you to see an early work from a contemporary American master, still finding his voice. I'd venture to say it's not an evening

BROADWAYWORLD TV

COUNTDOWN CLOCK