Profile for AC126748

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld AC126748
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: AC126748
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 8 - 22
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s): Cherry Jones

Currently Listening To: Little Fish and Passing Strange

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Death takes a holiday  Jan 21 2017, 09:36:53 AM

Pretty music. Pretty singing. Pretty sets. I was bored as hell.

• Bright Star Vassar Workshop 2013 - Cast List?  Jan 21 2017, 09:36:16 AM

Yes, those are all the correct match of performer to character.

• Roberta Peters has passed away  Jan 20 2017, 01:00:00 PM

smidge said: "AC126748 said: "Perhaps the greatest American coloratura of the 20th century. I was listening to an early recording of her Zerlina last night and it was absolutely astonishing. She continued to sing in opera until well into her sixties, and gave the occasional recital until just recently. Talk about technique.

She was a great crossover artist, as well; I treasure my vinyl of her recording of CAROUSEL with John Raitt.

• Roberta Peters has passed away  Jan 20 2017, 11:45:27 AM

Perhaps the greatest American coloratura of the 20th century. I was listening to an early recording of her Zerlina last night and it was absolutely astonishing. She continued to sing in opera until well into her sixties, and gave the occasional recital until just recently. Talk about technique.

She was a great crossover artist, as well; I treasure my vinyl of her recording of CAROUSEL with John Raitt.

• Trump Will Eliminate The National Endowment For The Arts  Jan 19 2017, 02:52:20 PM

The entire yearly budget of the NEA is lower than the cost of the inauguration festivities.

If Trump and co. move to eliminate the NEA, it will not be out of any "fiscal responsibility." It will be because they revile culture and intellectualism.

• What if? Stars who didn't get the part  Jan 19 2017, 10:50:07 AM

Nunn was very strict about casting each role age appropriately for the initial cast, but obviously he was more leniant with the replacements.

And Bernadette can play younger much more effectively than Patti.

• What if? Stars who didn't get the part  Jan 19 2017, 10:33:32 AM

Wasn't Patti also offered a chance to come into the ALMN revival after Bernadette? Or is that just a persistent rumor?

• What if? Stars who didn't get the part  Jan 19 2017, 09:43:15 AM

Amy Adams was nowhere near the star she is today back in summer/fall 2005, when The Wedding Singer was cast. Junebug had just come out and was picking up some buzz on the indie film circuit, but Adams was hardly a known commodity. By the time she picked up her Oscar nomination, the show was already cast and in tryouts in Seattle. Had the show happened a year later and Adams been available, things might have been different.

• What shows did you see in 2016?  Jan 19 2017, 08:45:06 AM

In chronological order:

1. Die Fledermaus (Metropolitan Opera, NYC)

2. The Hard Problem (Wilma, Philadelphia)

3. 9 to 5 (Ritz Theatre Company, Haddon Twp., NJ)

4. The Piano Lesson (McCarter Theater, Princeton, NJ)

5. Exit Strategy (Philadelphia Theatre Company, Philadelphia)

6. Blackbird (Belasco Theatre, NYC)

7. Familiar (Playwrights Horizons, NYC)

8. She Loves Me (Studio 54, NYC)

9. Ropes (Two River Theater, Red Bank, NJ)

• Dear Evan Hansen Rush  Jan 19 2017, 08:40:04 AM

There are no rush tickets, only SRO (when the show is sold out) and the online lottery. The box office also sells $69 box seats in advance.

• Significant Other on Broadway  Jan 18 2017, 01:01:17 PM

"Significant other" is not a gay term. In fact, within the context of the show, it has a dual meaning: Jordan's desire for companionship and his role as a "significant other" in the lives of his female friends, a role that is usurped when they couple off.

• Rocky Horror Revival ?  Jan 18 2017, 12:18:35 PM

It was a fun show and worked well in the space. I actually saw it with Luke Perry (who went into the show for a month while Jarrod Emick was on vacation) as Brad and Ana Gasteyer (who was still on SNL at the time) as Columbia. Raul Esparza had left the show by that point to do Tick Tick Boom. I believe the rest of the original cast was the same: Cavett, DeLaria, Rubin-Vega, Ripley. I know that production had some rabid fans who saw it multiple times, but I don't believe it w

• London's Dreamgirls is eyeing Broadway  Jan 18 2017, 11:00:40 AM

It's confirmed

http://www.playbill.com/article/london-dreamgirls-is-broadway-bound

• Broadway Sings Philadelphia  Jan 18 2017, 10:07:58 AM

Lena Hall is doing How to Transcend a Happy Marriage at Lincoln Center through May, so I wouldn't count on her participating.

• What if? Stars who didn't get the part  Jan 18 2017, 09:12:55 AM

LuPone was original contracted to originate the role in London, play the role there for a year, then immediately come to New York to open the Broadway production. Close was originally only meant to do the show in LA. However, LuPone opened to mixed reviews, whereas Close opened to raves. The rest is history.

• The Scottsboro Boys  Jan 18 2017, 05:42:17 AM

I don't think the "controversy" surrounding the show contributed to its premature closure in any meaningful way. It was always a risky prospect for a commercial Broadway production: a thought-provoking adult musical about a dark historical subject, with no big box office names. 

The show itself and the production were brilliant. There's a reason why it earned so many Tony nominations despite being long-closed, although it didn't stand a chance against the BOM

• What if? Stars who didn't get the part  Jan 17 2017, 03:56:23 PM

Patti LuPone did Sunset Blvd in London. She has a cast recording. 

Faith Prince wasn't just up for Audrey; she was cast in the role. But she had another commitment and they wouldn't let her out of her contract. She eventually played the part as a replacement.

Carolee Carmello made it to the final round for Mother in Ragtime (original production).

Ben Platt auditioned for Henry in Next to Normal and was to

• James Monroe Iglehart to join Broadway cast of HAMILTON  Jan 17 2017, 11:44:50 AM

Anshel2 said: "Wanna see his last show in Aladdin - does he play Sunday nights?

"

He plays all performances -- but even so, do you really think he would sit out his last show?

• Noah Galvin in Dear Evan Hansen?  Jan 17 2017, 11:16:43 AM

I'm going to say brainstorming, as Platt isn't leaving any time soon and Galvin is kind of busy on the other coast these days.

Having said that: Galvin certainly has a lovely voice that would suit the score well. But there is a world-weariness to his personality (both IRL and onstage/onscreen) that feels 100% antithetical to the character.

• What are good examples of shows written for a specific star?  Jan 16 2017, 01:09:44 PM

Most/all of Evan's music as it exists today was written for Platt's voice and style. To me, that constitutes a role that was written for someone. Others may disagree.