Profile for AC126748

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld AC126748
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: AC126748
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 8 - 22
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s): Cherry Jones

Currently Listening To: Little Fish and Passing Strange

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Stars reviving their iconic roles.  Jun 26 2017, 10:44:42 AM

And no one has mentioned Hal Holbrook, who is still performing Mark Twain Tonight at the age of 92.

Also, Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal in RENT.

• MARVIN'S ROOM Previews  Jun 26 2017, 08:58:19 AM

I haven't seen this production yet, so take my comments with a grain of salt, but it seems like its succumbing to my worst fear--that the play's intimacy would be lost in a bigger space. The play can still work wonderfully. I saw a production in Chicago two years ago (featuring Deanna Dunegan as Aunt Ruth) that was shattering. But it really needs that intimacy to get off the ground. I still plan to see this, but I'm less hopeful now.

• Favorite theater critic?  Jun 23 2017, 11:13:55 AM

Michael Feingold is the only writer today I can think of who is actually a critic, rather than a reviewer. He doesn't just say whether something is good or bad. He puts works of art in a cultural context. I always enjoy reading his perspectives.

As for reviewers, I think Jesse Green and Alexis Soloski are the best writers currently in the game, but I don't go to anyone for specific advice about whether to see a show or not.

• The Official TDF Thread  Jun 23 2017, 09:19:51 AM

rwalle said: "macnyc said: "Just log in as a member and see what's available to you. What do you need those other pages for? 

"

I am confused by the seemingly conflicting information on the website, and I do hope that as a member I can have access to more advance tickets

"

The TDF website is updated multiple times a day. If a show sells out its allotted amount of TDF tickets

• Patti Cohenour as Elizabeth Arden in War Paint  Jun 21 2017, 03:07:48 PM

I would call her a great under-sung heroine of the musical theater, but she's highly respected, and deservedly so (witness this post and thread). 

I would assume that her decision to move to Seattle around 20 years ago--and, aside from occasional returns to New York, largely center her career on the West Coast--is largely why she isn't the big Broadway name she could have been. But she has said in many interviews that she is content with the choice she made. I thi

• Robert Fairchild and Tiler Peck Divorce  Jun 21 2017, 02:35:06 PM

Pretty uncomfortable in rehearsals I would think right now.  

Ballet is a small and incestuous world. It's really not uncommon to work with your ex(es). 

• A ‘Hamlet’ With Oscar Isaac, Once Canceled, Will Run at the Public Theater  Jun 21 2017, 10:42:09 AM

Also, cutting/editing doesn't necessarily mean chopping length--it could have been what Gold initially wanted to take out and/or restructure. 

• Patti Cohenour as Elizabeth Arden in War Paint  Jun 21 2017, 10:25:19 AM

How many times has Patti Cohenour gone on?

• A ‘Hamlet’ With Oscar Isaac, Once Canceled, Will Run at the Public Theater  Jun 21 2017, 10:11:36 AM

TFANA's rationale for rejecting the adaptation of the play never specifically mention length. Keep in mind that a completely uncut HAMLET would run around 6-7 hours. An adaptation of HAMLET can easily be "aggressively cut" (to use the language TFANA used) and still be quite lengthy.

• A ‘Hamlet’ With Oscar Isaac, Once Canceled, Will Run at the Public Theater  Jun 21 2017, 09:28:55 AM

The Public's website lists the running time as 3.5 hours with two intermissions. 

• Measure for Measure at TFANA  Jun 20 2017, 07:52:09 AM

Looking forward to hearing some thoughts about this one. TFANA is very hit-or-miss, particularly in Shakespeare, so I want to get a sense of whether it's worth the trip.

• Bad Theater Behavior  Jun 20 2017, 07:51:06 AM

I saw a regional theater production over the weekend and was seated directly in front of a (very minor) local critic. This woman loudly took notes throughout the entire performance, shuffling the papers of her notebook distractingly, AND chewed gum like a heifer with her mouth open. (I have no problem with taking notes during a performance, but it should be done discreetly.) I admonished her during an appropriate break in the performance. I'm friends with the artistic director of this the

• War Paint tour potential  Jun 19 2017, 03:22:42 PM

Umm...Philly, Boston, Miami, SF--by the most technical definition, NOT "flyover country".

"Flyover country" is an insulting phrase meant to suggest that any place other than New York or LA is devoid of culture and intelligence. Spend any time in the cities I mentioned and you'll quickly find out that neither coast has exclusive rights to culture. Suggesting that a show like WAR PAINT--which isn't particularly sophisticated to begin with--won't play outsi

• War Paint tour potential  Jun 19 2017, 03:05:59 PM

I'm not sure how a show like this would play in flyover country. 

Because touring markets like LA, San Francisco, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston, Denver, DC, Miami, Dallas, Baltimore, etc. are "flyover country".

• Sweat or Little Foxes  Jun 19 2017, 03:03:51 PM

That said, as a matinee on a two-show day even though it flew by, it does go a little long. It was around 2 hours 45 minutes when I saw the show. I have no idea how long Sweat runs. So that's something to think about.

Sweat runs 2:25, if that matters at all to your decision-making.

• Sweat or Little Foxes  Jun 19 2017, 01:51:47 PM

Definitely go for The Little Foxes.

• CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018  Jun 19 2017, 10:53:45 AM

RippedMan said: "Oh I love Muller and Henry, so I will absolutely be seeing this, but just seems risky. Fleming didn't pack anyone in for that play she was in. 

"

I think that had more to do with the play than with Fleming. I think her presence in a classic American musical will be quite lucrative. 

• Fun Home Tour Staging?  Jun 19 2017, 10:34:35 AM

I saw the show during its Philadelphia engagement last week. While I would have preferred to see it in a smaller house, I didn't think all intimacy was lost in the Forrest Theatre (which is approx. 1900 seats). The staging is very similar to the production at the Public, and Gold has directed the show to maximize the intimacy factor in larger houses, such as playing a lot of the show downstage center, as close to the audience as possible. Unlike many tours, the performance was mercifully

• Tony winners who tour  Jun 11 2017, 12:41:55 PM

If we are talking specifically about Tony winners touring their Tony winning roles, Cherry Jones did the DOUBT tour. 

• REBA  Jun 8 2017, 09:02:24 AM

Bernadette Peters in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC

Jonathan Pryce in DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS

Heather Headley in THE COLOR PURPLE