Profile for AC126748

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld AC126748
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: AC126748
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 8 - 22
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s): Cherry Jones

Currently Listening To: Little Fish and Passing Strange

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • THE FRONT PAGE Reviews  Oct 21 2016, 09:55:17 AM

neon -- Jeremy lost his staff position at Deadline but they continue to use him as a stringer.

• Oh Hello guest  Oct 20 2016, 08:39:47 PM

This is a theater board and people don't know who David Harbour is? Seriously?

• Oh Hello guest  Oct 20 2016, 05:46:39 PM

At last Saturday's matinee, it was David Harbour and Gaetan Matarazzo. 

• Future of Diner the Musical  Oct 20 2016, 12:26:36 PM

I reviewed the Delaware production and it was one of the most clueless musical endeavors I've ever seen. Crow's score captures neither the music of the era or anything remotely related to classic musical theater. The performances were all over the place, and Marshall's production was glacial. It deserves its quiet death in the hinterlands. 

• Donna Murphy is DOLLY alternate  Oct 20 2016, 12:19:21 PM

QueenAlice said: "Whoopi wouldn't have done the score justice, so I'm happy this isn't her gig.

You've heard Carol Channing sing, right?

• Keala Settle leaving Waitress  Oct 20 2016, 07:53:39 AM

So odd that there was no prior announcement of her departure and that her last performance was a Wednesday.

• Gary Busey in Perfect Crime  Oct 18 2016, 09:45:05 PM

There's a 0% chance he will give a single performance. 

• Remembering THE APPLE TREE on its 50th Anniversary  Oct 18 2016, 11:41:14 AM

I remember that Phyllis Newman did all the matinees for the show - instead of Barbara Harris. It was quite a new idea that actors didn't do all 8 shows at all times.

Matinee alternates actually weren't uncommon in the 1960s -- and they were certainly more common then than now.

Harris did all performances for the first two months of the role, with Newman beginning in December 1966. As the run progressed, Harris began to miss a significant amount of performances a

• THE LIFE: Will it ever be revived?  Oct 18 2016, 06:57:05 AM

I can't imagine a scenario in which "We Gotta Go" would work as the last number, unless the book was rewritten. On Broadway, the show ended with Queen escaping and Sonya confessing to Memphis' murder, even though it was Queen who killed him. Was that not the case in the Chicago production?

• THE LIFE: Will it ever be revived?  Oct 17 2016, 01:59:44 PM

There's a lot of affection for this show around here, and I really don't get it. Some of the worst lyrics I've ever heard, a contrived book, and a score that is wholly unmemorable. The original production was notable for some great performances (especially White and Cooper, who rightly won Tonys), but as a work of theater, it's best assigned to the dustbin of Broadway history.

• FALSETTOS Previews  Oct 15 2016, 08:13:35 AM

FiddleMeThis said: "Or Stephanie didn't feel like being on with the understudy again. Those two characters are almost always together onstage. 

She's a professional. That kind of insinuation is ridiculous. 

It's cold and flu season. There's always a danger opening a show in the fall/winter that someone might catch a bug. 

• HEISENBERG Reviews  Oct 14 2016, 06:59:38 AM

In a season short on new plays, this could be a dark-horse contender for major awards.

• Dear Evan Hansen Replacement Tickets  Oct 13 2016, 09:27:31 AM

I'm kinda bummed I lost front row (I'm super short), but happy they kept me in the aisle.

You actually ended up with a much better seat. Front row of the balcony at the Belasco is awful, especially for a short person, due to the high bar railing. Row J is the second to last row of the mezzanine at the Music Box; although high, it offers a clear, unobstructed view.

• OH, HELLO Reviews  Oct 13 2016, 07:41:57 AM

RippedMan said: "I saw their interview on Chelsea on Netflix, and I just didn't find them funny. Am I going to hate this show?

If you don't find them funny, why would you willingly go?

• My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016  Oct 11 2016, 12:32:11 PM

Here is a list of productions with a performance on December 25:

It's usually a great day to see a show. You can usually get great discounted seats, given that Christmas Day performances are often not as well attended as other performances.

I agree with those saying Dear Evan Hansen

• Miss Saigon Dates and Cast?  Oct 11 2016, 12:25:29 PM

Jordan spoke in a recent interview about renting an apartment in Vancouver, which led me to believe that he'd have a substantial role in the new season. I suppose that remains to be seen, but I wouldn't assume that he'll be on Broadway anytime soon. I could be wrong.

• Actors who returned in a different role  Oct 11 2016, 12:14:44 PM

Not sure if this counts, but Kelly Bishop originated the role of Kitty in Six Degrees of Separation, then took over the leading role (Ouisa) when Stockard Channing left.

When the show moved to Broadway, Bishop once again played Kitty and Channing once again played Ouisa -- and Bishop once again took over Ouisa from Channing when she left.

• Miss Saigon Dates and Cast?  Oct 11 2016, 11:55:44 AM

QueenAlice said: "Well part of a contract negotiation would be coordinating working around a television schedule. It might not be either of these people, but its most assuredly a contract negotiation that is stalling the announcement.

Supergirl shoots in Vancouver. That's a bit of commute. But as neon says, I'm really not sure why these two names seem to be the only two people are mentioning, based on evidence that could g

• Miss Saigon Dates and Cast?  Oct 11 2016, 11:46:45 AM

I don't see how Jeremy Jordan could possibly be in the running, given Supergirl. Tveit seems like a more plausible choice, although he mentioned in a recent interview that he likes the more normal schedule television offers.

• THE CHERRY ORCHARD Previews  Oct 11 2016, 11:33:02 AM

The Lopahkin character in THE WISTERIA TREES (called Yancey Loper) is meant to represent the southern nouveau riche who made his money in the antebellum south, whereas the stand-ins for Lyubov and Gaev are meant to represent an old slavery family. Loper is white in the play (Kent Smith played him), so it diverges from the presentation of Lopahkin as a black man that has been done in several productions of THE CHERRY ORCHARD. It's been a while since I've read THE WISTERIA TREES (it was

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Back to Falsettoland w/ OBC - Passing the Torch
Backstage Bite
BWW TV Exclusive: BACKSTAGE BITE with Katie Lynch and PARAMOUR's Ruby Lewis!
Turning the Tables
Randy Rainbow w/ FIDDLER Cast
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow