Profile for AC126748

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld AC126748
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: AC126748
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 8 - 22
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s): Cherry Jones

Currently Listening To: Little Fish and Passing Strange

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Spontaneous day trip this Sunday! What should I see Sunday evening?  Dec 6 2016, 03:25:09 PM

I also recommend Oh Hello. If your heart's set on Dear Evan Hansen, though, you could always try for cancellations. That worked for me last weekend.

• Dave Malloy returns to Great Comet!  Dec 6 2016, 01:15:35 PM

Eight months should be plenty of time for them to identify a suitable replacement, especially if they're seeking someone of Groban's stature. 

• Dear Evan Hansen Rush  Dec 6 2016, 11:19:53 AM

I entered the lottery with no difficulty. It's working.

• SWEAT on Broadway, Spring 2017 (Studio 54)  Dec 5 2016, 03:45:45 PM

I don't think the Oslo will suffer at all in the Beaumont. It's a theater that feels far more intimate than it's actual size. And the play itself is really a grand-scale drama.

• SWEAT on Broadway, Spring 2017 (Studio 54)  Dec 5 2016, 12:38:33 PM

Before this news, I would have thought Oslo would win Best Play by a mile. Now the category seems much more competitive.

• DEAR EVAN HANSEN Reviews  Dec 5 2016, 09:44:32 AM

I've already bought tickets for two future performances, as I imagine they will be hard to come by soon enough.

• DEAR EVAN HANSEN Reviews  Dec 4 2016, 12:13:54 PM

The Times' policy of allowing reviewers to essentially own shows they've previously championed is a poor editorial policy. It should stop. The paper's chief theater critic should be reviewing the opening of a highly anticipated new musical. And God forbid he doesn't fawn over it as Ishy has. 

• Ride the cyclone MCC  Dec 1 2016, 01:56:46 PM

The Distinctive Baritone said: "I'm surprised by the mixed to negative reviews (outside of Isherwood's rave). I used to be based in Chicago and still keep up with all the news and reviews of shows over there, and this was a critical and commercial smash at Chicago Shakespeare last season. I'm not sure why the reception is so different in New York.

"

Different markets/audiences have different expectations. A show that works in one city won't necessarily work in another.

• FALSETTOS to be extended?  Dec 1 2016, 10:24:43 AM

IdinaBellFoster said: "evic said: "It is not doing blockbuster business so there is no point- esp in the grim months of Jan and Feb."

For a seven person, non-for-profit musical...they're doing pretty well.

"

He said they're not doing "blockbuster business"...which they're not. Just because they're doing well enough doesn't mean an extension is necessary.

• TONY Award for and Actor/Actress when show wasn't a hit  Nov 30 2016, 02:41:30 PM

The Father was a limited engagement and received a rave review from the Times.

• Riedel on DeNiro and A Bronx Tale  Nov 30 2016, 02:14:50 PM

Riedel is truly desperate. This is a total nothingburger of a story. DeNiro is the co-director, and a major financial contributor to the production; nothing Riedel describes is even mildly controversial given that.

• Encore's God Bless You Mr Rosewater  Nov 30 2016, 02:08:59 PM

Long overdue -- it's amazing that no one ever tried to make a studio recording of this, or recorded the 2003 concert version. Better late than never though!

• TONY Award for and Actor/Actress when show wasn't a hit  Nov 30 2016, 02:05:59 PM

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "My favorite historical example of this is when Patricia Routledge won a Best Actress Tony for a show that closed in under two weeks...

"

You don't have your facts straight. Darling of the Day wasn't a hit, but it stayed open for 5 weeks. Perhaps you're thinking of Dolores Gray, who won the Best Actress Tony for Carnival in Flanders, which closed after six performances.

• Kevin Kline to Return to Broadway in PRESENT LAUGHTER!  Nov 30 2016, 01:35:20 PM

Did she say which role she'd be playing? I could see her as Liz or Monica.

• Grand Hotel is Long Overdue For Revival  Nov 30 2016, 11:35:40 AM

I disagree -- I thought the Donmar production was superb. It was moody and evocative. The score and show are strong on their own and not dependent on a big splashy production to stand out.

• Les Liasons Dangereuses  Nov 29 2016, 10:13:45 AM

I agree with Henrik -- the play has never worked for me. It feels tawdry and of its time -- the late 1980s -- like a mashup of Masterpiece Theatre and 9 1/2 Weeks. It has little of the novel's wit or intrigue. This production's casting flaws and inert direction just magnified the problems already there.

• How is Adam Pascal in Something Rotten  Nov 28 2016, 02:35:32 PM

I saw the show recently for the first time. Frankly, I hated just about every minute of the show itself, but I thought Pascal was quite good. He was in terrific voice the night I went as well -- sounded as good as he did when I first heard him 20 years ago. 

• Dear Evan Hansen Previews  Nov 22 2016, 07:50:45 PM

Just scored an amazing single seat (fifth row center) for Saturday matinee. Can't wait to see this again after falling in love with it at Second Stage. 

• Songs about suicide  Nov 21 2016, 10:25:22 AM

"Like It Here" from The Hinterlands (follow link for a performance of the song):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HRLfrvB5Hk

• The Babylon Line  Nov 20 2016, 04:02:02 PM

This is, unfortunately, not a very good play. There is no dramatic tension, very little character development, and unfortunately, not a lot to care about. I agree with DramaTeach that Randy Graff steals the show; it helps that she's been given just about the only three-dimensional character in the show. Radnor is fine, if a little dull. Reaser gives a weird performance in a weird part. 

BROADWAYWORLD TV

HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Latest - VIDEO: HAIRSPRAY LIVE's Harvey Fierstein Has Fireside Chats With the Cast!
Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement
Backstage with Richard Ridge
JERSEY BOYS' Mark Ballas
Backstage Bite
Thanksgiving Special!
Turning the Tables
BWW TV LAST MINUTE with Randy Rainbow Congas to ON YOUR FEET!
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
Randy Rainbow Checks in w/ Liza to Chat HAIRSPRAY, Pence & More!
KID CRITICS
KID CRITICS at BLUE MAN!
BROADWAY SESSIONS
SHUFFLE ALONG Reunites at Broadway Sessions!

Advertisement