BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for AC126748
Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld AC126748
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: AC126748
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 8 - 22
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s): Cherry Jones

Currently Listening To: Little Fish and Passing Strange

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dead at 21  Sep 2 2015, 08:50:12 AM

I think it was an appropriate and touching gesture that the one theater where he actually performed dimmed their lights in his memory. Perhaps the Annoying Actor Friend blog has a point: their should be an annual in memoriam dimming of the lights, to acknowledge all those lost over the course of a year.

• Kristen Chenoweth's Tony Snubs  Sep 2 2015, 07:57:40 AM

I agree that Monk should have been nominated in Featured -- it was a featured role, and she won the Drama Desk in that category. I would have nominated Chenoweth over Laura Bell Bundy, personally, but as others have said, it was a very competitive year.

• SHE LOVES ME Casting  Sep 2 2015, 07:43:09 AM

However, I maintain my position that the show works MUCH better if Georg and Amalia are not particularly attractive, but are instead relatively average-looking people (i.e. Boyd Gaines and Judy Kuhn in the last revival...no offense to them). Levi and Benanti are both just too damn pretty for these roles.

Have you seen photos of Barbara Cook in her younger years? She was a knockout.

• Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dead at 21  Sep 2 2015, 07:34:42 AM

Wilmingtom said: "No offense against Park but he hasn't been on Bway since 2001.  Kyle's currency has more resonance at this moment.

And if we're being brutally honest: neither's passing, however tragic, merits a dimming. Jean-Baptiste's Broadway career spanned two months. We can talk until we're blue in the face about the career he would have had, but dimming the lights on Broadway has never been meant as a gesture of what might h

• Per Daniel Craig, BW crowds age is...  Aug 27 2015, 06:49:30 PM

Well, he's not entirely wrong. 

• John @ Signature Theatre Co.  Aug 24 2015, 09:55:26 AM

Snotty condescension --- it happens round here.

You would know, as you're one of the most frequent practitioners.

• The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want  Aug 13 2015, 09:18:58 AM

Oh, yes, definitely the wonderful Encores Fanny -- and also Juno.

• The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want  Aug 13 2015, 09:09:18 AM

Michael John Lachiusa's First Lady Suite -- either the original Public Theater cast or the 2004 Transport Group revival. Unfortunately, the only legitimate recording of the score (from an LA production) isn't very good.

• Camryn Manheim & Patrick Page Board Broadway Revival of SPRING AWAKENING  Aug 10 2015, 01:49:47 PM

Also Russell Harvard, who was terrific in TRIBES.

• Broadway Shakespeare  Aug 10 2015, 01:49:05 PM

But the last show to close was in February 2014. If nothing opens this season we'll have gone 2 and a half years without a Shakespeare Play. Unless I'm mistaken the only similar gap is between '05 and '07

There was a longer gap in the early 2000s, between the Kelsey Grammer Macbeth (which opened and closed in June 2000) and the LCT Henry IV (opened November 2003). 

• Do They ID People at Bars on Broadway?  Aug 10 2015, 10:49:46 AM

I'm in my early 30s and was carded buying a drink at a theater bar a few weeks ago. It was the first time I've been carded in at least two years.

• MERCURY FUR at The New Group  Aug 10 2015, 10:48:23 AM

I was seated in a "non-traditional seat" which was like a dining room chair with arms. The on stage seating included several couches and living room chairs, as Hogan said, in addition to other furniture. The seat was perfectly fine and comfortable enough -- certainly no less comfortable than your average theater seat.

BTW, The New Group is running a discount through their Facebook page where all seats (except the on-stage seating) is $25 for performances through 8/18. This is a goo

• MERCURY FUR at The New Group  Aug 10 2015, 07:31:38 AM

I was seated in the second row of the main floor (right behind the "on stage" seating) on the side of the theater where the audience entered. From where I was sitting, the mezzanine seats didn't look terribly partial view -- and I was told by a friend who sat in the seats that are directly above the stage area that he didn't miss anything -- but I wasn't sitting up there, so I really can't say.

As Hogan said, this play won't be for everyone. I found it fascinating and I wouldn't ca

• MERCURY FUR at The New Group  Aug 8 2015, 07:20:22 PM
    2:05 without intermission.
  • MERCURY FUR at The New Group  Aug 8 2015, 06:56:21 PM
    I would recommend sitting on the main floor, not the mezzanine seating.
  • MERCURY FUR at The New Group  Aug 8 2015, 05:12:03 PM
    Were you able to be re-seated? The performance didn't look anywhere near sold out.

By the way, this is definitely a must-see. And Tony Revolori is extraordinary. No way would you think this was his first theatrical role.
  • MERCURY FUR at The New Group  Aug 8 2015, 01:34:40 PM
    I'm not exactly sure where I'm sitting given the new configuration for this production.
  • MERCURY FUR at The New Group  Aug 8 2015, 12:45:46 PM
    I will be at today's matinee, as well.
  • re: Famous broadway scandals!  Jul 31 2015, 12:36:36 PM

"I think the finding neverland scandal with firing everyone and what not will be remembered for years to come."

Firing everyone? Two principal actors were let go between the tryout and one actor was let go in rehearsal. Remembered for years to come? It barely makes a blip. 

• Why Does Michael Riedel hate  Jul 31 2015, 11:25:49 AM

Agreed, Kad. The manufactured outrage is hilarious. "You expect me to come back from the Hamptons to see the most coveted show on Broadway from an orchestra aisle seat? The nerve!"

BROADWAYWORLD TV