Profile for AC126748

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld AC126748
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: AC126748
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 8 - 22
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s): Cherry Jones

Currently Listening To: Little Fish and Passing Strange

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Fun Home tour casting ?  Sep 22 2016, 03:24:05 PM

It looks like they are simply reverting back to the design of the Public Theater production.

• Angela Lansbury Will Not Be Returning To Broadway  Sep 20 2016, 11:24:06 AM

It's a shame, but I have to applaud her for recognizing her potential limitations and leaving the game at her peak. Not every actor has the foresight to quit while she's ahead, and it's resulted in some performances that are ultimately sad and uncomfortable to watch. 

• Bette's Dolly Cast Uninspired?  Sep 19 2016, 08:58:00 AM

Simard and Trensch have the potential to be fun and zany. I know Baldwin is quite popular around here, but I've always found her bland as mayonnaise on white bread. Creel is fine, but I'd have rather seen someone like Rob McClure in the role.

• Seating for Waitress  Sep 19 2016, 07:46:18 AM

Has anyone who's seen the show through TKTS recently comment on the seats? Thanks in advance.

• THE CHERRY ORCHARD Previews  Sep 18 2016, 09:14:10 AM

QueenAlice said: "Did anyone see either the Diane Wiest production at Classic Stage company or the recent production that played BAM? Both look like they were very well received.

"

The BAM production was not without flaws, but it had in Simon Russell Beale the greatest Lopahkin I've ever seen. 

• THE CHERRY ORCHARD Previews  Sep 16 2016, 01:05:36 PM

I just consulted my copy of the Mamet adaptation. His line is "perfume on a pig." Stoppard used "like a pig in a parlor". So Karam's "lipstick on a pig" is not that far afield.

• Bette Midler When do HELLO DOLLY Tix Go On Sale?  Sep 15 2016, 05:23:02 PM

Taylor Trensch was superb in POSTER BOY at Williamstown Theater Festival this past summer, and his voice sounded spectacular. He's improved leaps and bounds from the early days of his career. I'm excited by his casting if this is true.

• THE CHERRY ORCHARD Previews  Sep 15 2016, 09:29:23 AM

Saturday matinee for me.

• Should I be on here?  Sep 13 2016, 07:51:42 AM

There are people on this board who work in the arts. There are people on this board who don't work in the arts but represent themselves as if they do. There are people on this board who are just fans. It is (or should be) a place for everyone.

• What's next for the Belasco?  Sep 12 2016, 01:46:48 PM

I would think the logical step would be to suspend sales while the Belasco tickets are transferred to the Music Box, then resume sales when that process was over.

• What's next for the Belasco?  Sep 12 2016, 01:36:25 PM

Can someone explain the rationale for continuing to sell tickets for The Belasco for another week? Wouldn't it make more sense to temporarily suspend ticket sales?

• I would like to see Faith Prince back on Broadway  Sep 8 2016, 09:33:29 AM

I wish Prince was offered more dramatic roles. Some of her best work -- CATERED AFFAIR, THE DEAD, A MAN OF NO IMPORTANCE -- has been in more serious fare. As a comedienne, I often feel like she's pushing too hard.

• Leads in ensemble  Sep 7 2016, 12:31:46 PM

Don't all of the principals in LES MIS (with the exceptions of Valjean, Javert and [sometimes] Fantine) have roles in the ensemble? 

• GLASS MENAGERIE revival this fall, starring Sally Field - Directed by Sam Gold?  Sep 6 2016, 11:52:19 AM

I was surprised that Wittrock took on Cassio, which is a rather thankless part. But perhaps he wanted the experience of being in a high-profile production and working with Craig and Oyelowo.

• In your opinion, what are some of the more thankless roles in plays/musicals?  Sep 6 2016, 11:10:43 AM

George's wife in the second act of SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE. So thankless, in fact, that I had to look the name up: it's Elaine.

• Great two-handers  Sep 6 2016, 06:46:50 AM

The Two-Character Play by Tennessee Williams

Blackbird by David Harrower

• MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM - Mark Taper  Sep 3 2016, 08:28:26 AM

If anyone in the New York metro area is interested, the very reliable Two River Theater (in Red Bank, NJ) is also staging a production of MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM starting next week. Ruben Santiago-Hudson is directing and the cast includes Brandon Dirden and Michael Cumpsty, among others. Short train ride from NYC. Info here: http://tworivertheater.org/plays_events/current_season.php?categoryID=237

• White Rabbit Red Rabbit  Aug 30 2016, 11:53:58 AM

The opera singer Joyce DiDonato was just announced for the Oct. 3 performance.

• Question about Constellations  Aug 30 2016, 08:27:10 AM

"Staggeringly pretentious and even more staggeringly boring."

That's how I imagine people describe sharing a meal with you.

• Danny Burstein out this week  Aug 24 2016, 11:45:26 AM

I saw Grupper earlier this month. I was initially disappointed that Burstein was out, but Grupper didn't disappoint. The overall production leaves a lot to be desired, though.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Back to Falsettoland w/ OBC - Passing the Torch
Backstage Bite
TV Exclusive: BACKSTAGE BITE with ALADDIN's Rodney Ingram!
Turning the Tables
Binge on TURNING THE TABLES!
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
TV:-LuPone's Autobio - Lands EVITA!
KID CRITICS
TV: KID CRITICS Swept Away at PHANTOM
BROADWAY SESSIONS
BROADWAY SESSIONS Goes 'Back to School' Tonight