Profile for AC126748

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld AC126748
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: AC126748
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 8 - 22
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s): Cherry Jones

Currently Listening To: Little Fish and Passing Strange

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum  Nov 23 2015, 12:00:33 PM

The audience ate it up the night I went, but it was opening night -- so obviously many in attendance were involved with the production. I was expecting a lot and found that it didn't really deliver.

• A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum  Nov 23 2015, 09:22:11 AM

I found Fitzgerald miscast as Pseudolus, lacking the humor and charisma to carry the show. Turner's deadpan Philia didn't work for me, either, and the obvious age difference between him and Bobby Conte Thornton as Hero was seemed like a mistake. Michael Urie and Eddie Cooper gave the most successful performances. Cooper is also the only "female" cast member who achieves even a little verisimilitude. The production is kind of mediocre overall and wouldn't even be not

• Master Builder  Nov 20 2015, 12:40:51 PM

Next year, starring Ralph Fiennes.

• Very moving play experiences  Nov 20 2015, 08:13:32 AM

The 2003 Broadway revival of Long Day's Journey Into Night, especially Vanessa Redgrave's incredible delivery of Mary's final monologue.

The Off-Broadway revival of John Guare's Landscape of the Body (hence my signature).

Simon Russell Beale in everything I've seen him in, but especially Uncle Vanya and The Cherry Orchard

The Normal Heart -- everything about it.

• Lea Salonga in Fun Home  Nov 18 2015, 01:01:09 PM

I have always admired Salonga's commitment to performing in her home country, especially now that she is U.S.-based. She has been a great advocate for theater in the Philippines. Helen should fit her like a glove.

• A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum  Nov 17 2015, 11:24:31 AM

I'm going to opening night on Friday. I know others on here have seen this production in its previous iteration at Williamstown, or in readings.

• THERESE RAQUIN Reviews  Nov 13 2015, 10:37:21 AM

I sat in the front row of the middle-mezzanine, and Ms. Knightley's performance really didn't read that far away. All of the subtleties that some have praised were lost to me.

• Carnival Broadway Revival?  Nov 8 2015, 08:09:42 PM

I've seen several regional productions of CARNIVAL, as well as the Encores staging. It is a few good songs in a not-great show. That's why it hasn't been revived in New York. 

• What do callbacks mean?  Nov 8 2015, 11:21:41 AM

Dave19 said: "I did an audition once and did not get a callback either while my colleagues did. Then, weeks later, I received a call with an invitation to go straight to the finals for a role.

Casting can be a strange process.

No offense, but their first choice probably fell through in that instance. 

• What are you seeing this weekend?  Nov 7 2015, 09:18:11 AM

I am seeing A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE today and NIGHT IS A ROOM tomorrow. 

• Rear Window  Nov 3 2015, 08:15:58 PM

It's easy to sell out a 500 seat theater for 4 weeks -- less so to sell out a 1,000+ seat theater for 4-5 months. Every show that has some modicum of success regionally "looks" at a Broadway transfer. Maybe a quarter of them actually come to pass. 

• What is it like to have mild success (only) on Broadway?  Nov 1 2015, 07:24:35 PM

Flo Lacey still works pretty often, just not in New York. She is based in the D.C. metro area. 

• What is it like to have mild success (only) on Broadway?  Nov 1 2015, 11:27:38 AM

One example off the top of my head: Don Correia (Tony nominated star of SINGIN IN THE RAIN, also Sandy Duncan's husband) pretty much left his performing career behind to work as a high-end real estate agent. Although he's worked occasionally on stage (2011's FOLLIES), his primary work has been in real estate for 25 years. 

• Scott Rudin Will Transfer The Humans  Oct 27 2015, 06:09:13 PM

I honestly think BLACKBIRD's play-or-revival status is a legitimate question mark, more so than some other recent examples (CRIPPLE OF INISHMAAN, THIS IS OUR YOUTH, etc). It's not a new play, but I would imagine many will argue that it isn't well-known or produced enough to be considered an "established classic". 

• The Flick at Barrow Street  Oct 26 2015, 05:37:08 PM

Danny took over on at the end of September. 

• The Flick at Barrow Street  Oct 25 2015, 04:11:20 PM

Uncageg, you saw Danny Wolohan, not Matt Maher. Maher left a few weeks ago. 

• Pulitzer winning Plays never been on Broadway  Oct 25 2015, 01:14:23 PM

Other ones not yet mentioned:

• Oh, Hello  Oct 23 2015, 06:37:38 PM

RippedMan said: "Mulaney is so not funny. 

To you, perhaps. Many people feel differently. 

• MISERY Previews  Oct 21 2015, 04:37:16 PM

The show is selling pretty well from what I hear so rush may not be a guarantee. 

• Razzle Dazzle- Michael Riedel's book  Oct 17 2015, 02:31:06 PM

My friend Wendy wrote a review that encapsulates a lot of what is wrong with this book. I tried to read it -- god knows why -- and gave up quickly.