Profile for madbrian

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld madbrian
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: madbrian
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 3 - 15
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line

Favorite Performer(s): Elaine Stritch

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Andy Blankenbuehler vs. Savion Glover  May 3 2016, 04:15:54 PM

I would think all these comments about the seamless work in Hamilton would only mitigate in its favor, in all categories.

• Tony nom rants  May 3 2016, 08:38:36 AM

My rant is about the delay in the announcement!

• Regional theater tony award 2016.  May 2 2016, 10:23:05 AM

Fantastic news!!!  Well deserved!

• Hairspray Live! DREAMCASTS  May 2 2016, 09:06:52 AM

"What other "pop star" has participated in any of these broadcasts?"

Carrie Underwood

• Hairspray Live! DREAMCASTS  May 2 2016, 08:51:09 AM

Ariana Grande really should be Penny.  She was fantastic on SNL, and would be great here.  Hailee Steinfeld could play Amber.

• WICKED Gershwin Theater seating quesetion  May 2 2016, 08:33:49 AM

I highly recommend side orchestra, row Q.  You have a walkway in front of you, so you have great sight lines and plenty of legroom.  It may be a little far back for some shows, but not for Wicked.

• Tony Award TV Ratings  Apr 30 2016, 08:54:11 AM

CBS will promote the crap out of Hamilton's performance before the show.  If they're smart, they won't have them perform too early in the show.  Yeah, it'll help ratings, but probably not too dramatically.

• How did you interest in musical theater start?  Apr 26 2016, 10:33:42 AM

Back in the 70s, I was lucky enough to go to the best high school in the country, a progressive Catholic high school in Manhattan.  Rather than typical class trips, we had a couple days each year when students could sign up for activities around the city.  In the fall of 1975, when the freshman got to choose, all that was left when they got to the names starting with "S" was some show called A Chorus Line.

• Fierstein, Hudson Stars in HAIRSPRAY LIVE!  Apr 26 2016, 09:50:28 AM

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "For Velma I thought of:
    Christina Applegate
    Christine Baranski
    Jane Krakowski
    Megan Mullally
    "

Of these, I like Krakowski the best.  Baranski is a little too old for the role.

• Fierstein, Hudson Stars in HAIRSPRAY LIVE!  Apr 26 2016, 08:54:14 AM

With respect to Hudson's age, she's at the low end of the range, but I don't think she comes as too young.  Ten years ago, she played the mother of a nine-year old in the 2nd half of Dreamgirls, and no one complained.  As for the older actresses suggested, most would be too old to be believable as the mother of Inez.

Not a fan of Fierstein for this; I've seen his Edna, and I'd now prefer to see someone else's.  I'd love to see Ar

• rear side orchestra vs balcony for Something Rotten  Apr 25 2016, 11:13:41 AM

The St James has very little legroom, so I would opt for whatever aisle seat you can get if you're taller than 5'5".

• HELP!  Apr 23 2016, 05:03:16 PM

Little Women?  Not sure how "lead" is defined.

• Great casting replacements  Apr 23 2016, 07:04:08 AM

Jonathan Pryce and Rachel York in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Reba in Annie Get Your Gun

Betty Buckley in Sunset Boulevard

Aaron Lazar in Light in the Piazza

• Broadway Shows with unpublicized (?) standing room  Apr 22 2016, 02:41:34 PM

Check the weekly grosses, and look for any show with >100.00% capacity.

• Bette Midler Confirms Broadway Return in HELLO DOLLY  Apr 21 2016, 12:05:22 PM

I think Cornelius needs to be younger than many of the suggestions.  Maybe Grant Gustin, though he may be a little too young.

• What is the best musical ever  Apr 21 2016, 07:27:40 AM

• Little Women Audition Help!  Apr 18 2016, 02:17:49 PM

"Far From the Home I Love" from Fiddler

• Is Journalism and Theater Reviews now dead  Apr 18 2016, 09:01:45 AM

"Is Journalism and Theater Reviews now dead"

Yes.  Yes, they is.

• Cynthia Erivo Fan Club  Apr 13 2016, 08:01:29 AM

She absolutely deserves the Tony.  With respect to the seating questions, there are no bad seats with the staging of this revival.  I was on the extreme side, and I didn't miss a thing.

• Box seat/rush for Fiddler  Apr 8 2016, 11:01:19 AM

I did not sit in the boxes, but I was in the front row of the mezz, all the way on the end.  In other words, right next to the boxes.  My view was fine, and I would assume the view from the boxes would also be good.  I would recommend those seats.

BROADWAYWORLD TV