BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for madbrian
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: madbrian
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 3 - 15
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line

Favorite Performer(s): Elaine Stritch

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Broadway Musical Opening Night how to get Tix?  Jun 22 2015, 12:11:40 PM

A few years ago, I was able to snag opening night tickets to Cyrano, with Kevin Kline and Jennifer Garner.  I kept checking the usual ticket purchase site, don't recall if it was telecharge or ticketmaster, from about a week before the date.  Got lucky a few days before opening, with orchestra seats on the aisle, around seventh row.  Ben Affleck was sitting across the aisle from us, and the theater was packed with celebs.

• Songs You Want Kelli O'Hara To Sing  Jun 13 2015, 09:53:39 PM

From now on, shouldn't she be referred to as Tony winner Kelli O'Hara in thread titles?

• Betty Buckley in Grey Gardens!  Jun 2 2015, 04:39:52 PM

Just got my ticket for the Wednesday matinee on 8/26.  Can't wait!

• Dream Evitas  Jun 1 2015, 01:27:09 PM

Mandy Gonzalez

• The 9 Best Tony Awards Performances  May 29 2015, 10:30:27 AM

"Any list that doesn't include Grand Hotel is immediately suspect."

This.

• Cast of SOMETHING ROTTEN sings about the Tony nominees  May 28 2015, 01:37:55 PM

Fantastic!  Producers should consider opening the Tonys with that.

• Betty Buckley in Grey Gardens!  May 28 2015, 01:29:46 PM

By the way, it looks like Ebersole will be performing in concert at the same venue just a few days before this opens.

• Tony's  May 28 2015, 10:59:10 AM

Tony! Toni! Toné!

• Colin Firth in My Fair Lady  May 27 2015, 02:10:06 PM

I love Harriet Harris, but she is only a couple of years older than Firth.  I've always pictured Maggie Smith as Mrs. Higgins, but I don't know if she'll do another Broadway show.

• Colin Firth in My Fair Lady  May 27 2015, 01:55:55 PM

I love Lauren Ambrose, and I know she can sing, but is she a soprano?

• Colin Firth in My Fair Lady  May 27 2015, 01:45:21 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Erin Mackey as Eliza.  She impressed me as Johanna in the recent Sweeney Todd production.

• Colin Firth in My Fair Lady  May 27 2015, 11:16:24 AM

O'Hara is too old for Eliza.

• Question regarding Something Rotten  May 23 2015, 09:33:01 AM

Spolier alert: the point of this thread is to discuss details of Something Rotten.  Proceed at your own risk.

Saw this show and loved it.  The references to other shows came so quickly, I'm sure I missed a few.  My question: were there any references to any Sondheim shows?

• SUNSET BLVD with Donna Murphy?  May 20 2015, 04:44:29 PM

Would love to see Vanessa Williams as Norma.

• Best Actor in a Musical  May 18 2015, 02:45:24 PM

I've seen Cerveris, Yazbeck, and BDJ.  I'll be rooting for Yazbeck.

• Disney songs covered by musical theatre artists?  May 15 2015, 09:48:17 AM

I believe Kerry Butler is a huge Disney fan, and has recorded several songs.

• Dream Revivals?  May 12 2015, 09:07:34 AM

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels:

Justin Timberlake - Freddy

Hugh Jackman - Lawrence

Anne Hathaway - Christine

Kelly Clarkson - Jolene

Kevin Kline - Andre

Megan Mullally - Muriel

• Breaking News: Encores! 2016 Season to Feature CABIN IN THE SKY, 1776, DO I HEAR A WALTZ?  May 11 2015, 10:29:44 AM

Maybe Shuler Hensley as Jefferson, give him a chance to play something different?

• Breaking News: Encores! 2016 Season to Feature CABIN IN THE SKY, 1776, DO I HEAR A WALTZ?  May 11 2015, 09:22:44 AM

No one should ever have to apologize for putting on a production of 1776.  It has only been revived once on Broadway in over forty years.  

"1776 is a great show. One of the best, but it is all about the Peter Stone book."

Not really.  While I agree that the book is masterful, and cutting it would be a mistake, casting John Adams is the key, as is finding the right actor for Molasses To Rum.

• Which shows did you really want to like, but...  May 8 2015, 02:00:16 PM

For me, it was 9 to 5.  I love the movie, and I love Alison Janney.  But boy, was that disappointing.  Also, Spamalot.  Again, love the movie, love almost everyone involved in the show.  I could have stayed home and rewatched the movie.

BROADWAYWORLD TV