BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for madbrian
Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld madbrian
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: madbrian
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 3 - 15
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line

Favorite Performer(s): Elaine Stritch

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Question regarding Hamilton ticketing  Aug 17 2015, 10:04:36 AM

Good morning.  When I go into Tickemaster, the box seats for Hamilton are not displayed.  Does this mean that they can only be purchased at the box office?

• HAMILTON cast album  Aug 13 2015, 01:54:17 PM

Here is a song that was cut:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUI8b17YGx8

• Fiddler on the Roof marquee is up!  Aug 13 2015, 01:53:10 PM
  • New  Aug 13 2015, 01:37:51 PM

I thought the new plan was for a lower budget, so a star would not be needed.  That said, JLo could play Daniela.  Wouldn't mind seeing Naya Rivera as Nina.  Maybe Antonio Banderas as Kevin?

• The Next Hedwig?  Aug 11 2015, 02:17:35 PM

I'd like to see Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Hedwig.

• How Did 'Something Rotten' Become a Hit?  Aug 11 2015, 12:33:55 PM

And weren't the reviews fairly positive?

• What makes a successful Musical?  Aug 11 2015, 12:17:50 PM

An undefined mix of: good writing, score, direction, performance, timing, and luck.

• Any info on Hamilton standing room?  Aug 10 2015, 02:29:27 PM

Yes, I tried the lottery unsuccessfully last Friday, and they announced that ham4ham will now be Wednesday evening, Saturday evening, and one other random performance each week.

• Any info on Hamilton standing room?  Aug 7 2015, 02:00:06 PM

"That just made me laugh so hard, thanks for that! I'm still coming to lotto tonight, though. :)"

Drats!  Sorry about the language, I meant...dagnabbit!

• Any info on Hamilton standing room?  Aug 7 2015, 12:52:44 PM

Speaking of today's lottery, my daughter and I will be giving it a shot, so I'd really appreciate it if everyone else would just skip it today.  Much appreciated.

• Any info on Hamilton standing room?  Aug 7 2015, 12:39:13 PM

They are allotted via lottery, right after the front row seats are awarded.  You enter once for both.  Standing room is $40.

• Hamilton Broadway Reviews  Aug 7 2015, 08:02:36 AM

"Does this show really live up to the hype"

No, it exceeds it.

• York & Buckley in Grey Gardens  Aug 6 2015, 10:08:29 AM

Performances started a couple of days ago...has anyone seen it yet?  I'm seeing it in three weeks, and would love to hear folks' impressions.  Thanks.

• Hamilton Previews  Aug 6 2015, 09:33:06 AM

Question: do you think any songs from Hamilton have the potential to become hits, either "as is" from the show, or recorded by a pop/hip-hop star?

• Actors/Actresses we would like to see return to broadway  Aug 5 2015, 02:00:26 PM

Martha Plimpton.

Also, I'd like to see Christina Applegate and Lauren Graham get second chances on Broadway. 

• THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Aug 5 2015, 08:25:20 AM

Incorrect info is on the web (imagine that).  She actually is a newcomer.

• Will Julie Andrews EVER return to the Broadway stage  Aug 3 2015, 08:22:47 AM

She should be cast as Mrs. Higgins in the upcoming revival of My Fair Lady.

• Who Deserves a Broadway House Named After Them?  Jul 29 2015, 07:50:10 AM

Ethel Merman

Comden & Green

• Fiddler.. more security for audiences?  Jul 28 2015, 01:41:13 PM

Personally, I have no desire to see additional security at theaters, movies, or anywhere else.  I have absolutely no faith that it would deter anything, and it would diminish the experience, while bumping up ticket prices due to the additional cost.  I would be far less inclined to attend shows under such conditions, and I think it would be harmful to Broadway in the long run.

• Hamilton Previews  Jul 28 2015, 09:25:15 AM

I saw Hamilton last night, and I found it thrilling, living up to all the hype.  For me, the standouts were Daveed Diigs, Renee Elise Goldsberry, and Leslie Odom, Jr.  Is it assumed that Odom will be put into the supporting category come Tony time?  One cold make a strong case for him as a lead.

BROADWAYWORLD TV