Profile for Taryn

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Taryn
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Taryn
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 6 - 14
Favorite Show(s): Sweeney Todd

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Tony-Worthy replacement performances?  Apr 29 2016, 02:16:04 PM

Well definitely not Jonathan Pryce in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

• Tony award for best stage manager  Apr 25 2016, 12:21:57 AM

Wilmingtom said: "There are voters who work onstage, backstage and in management.  The problem is that, unless you've been intimately involved in a production from the outset, you'd have no basis on which to judge the job the SM had done. "

And they'd only be in a position to judge the stage managers on whatever shows they worked on themselves that season.  It's not something you can see from the outside, unless something fails spectacularly

• Can Lin Miranda write in other musical styles?  Apr 25 2016, 12:20:19 AM

Plenty of his songs, including ones others have already mentioned, could easily live in a musical without hip hop.  He's actually a lot more versatile already than a lot of other composers.  There's a certain joy to his writing in the way he draws from all these different musical styles.

• Did I make a mistake choosing Shuffle over Waitress or Tuck?  Apr 24 2016, 11:46:35 PM

I've seen both Shuffle Along and Waitress but not Tuck.  Shuffle Along thrilled me a whole lot more than Waitress did, for what's it worth.

• Tony award for best stage manager  Apr 24 2016, 11:44:04 PM

The problem is that the only people who are really in a position to vote on the best stage managers are the ones onstage, backstage, and working in the show's management, not the Tony voters.

• What book/movie would make a great musical?  Apr 24 2016, 03:16:16 PM

henrikegerman said: "BroadwayConcierge, doesn't commercial value and viability of a show depend on how good the show turns out to be? "

Definitely not.

• PRIVACY tickets on sale now for members...  Apr 21 2016, 04:21:02 PM

MX888 said: "macnyc said: "Get 'em while they're hot! The virtual waiting room that the Public is using is very cool. 
    I don't know if I will end up liking this show, from what I've read, but I have such a FOMO problem (fear of missing out) that I sprang for a ticket. But you didn't need to know all that.
    "

Did things go smoothly for you after exiting the waiting room? This is my second time dealing with it and having problem

• PRIVACY tickets on sale now for members...  Apr 21 2016, 04:16:39 PM

Got my tickets today!  The waiting room was, indeed, kind of cool; it's definitely overestimating your wait time.

• My DEAR EVAN HANSEN note / the finale (spoiler!)  Apr 21 2016, 03:27:17 PM

I enjoyed the show, but as someone who lost their brother to suicide I can't even imagine the level of fury I'd have felt if someone had pulled what Evan pulled.  I kind of agree that they rushed through the fallout, and I think the OP's suggestion for an ending is a good idea.

• Waitress Previews  Apr 21 2016, 12:19:55 PM

I'm a big fan of the film and a big fan of Sara Bareilles, so I was pretty excited for this show.  In the end, I generally enjoyed it but didn't love it, and I feel like it has some fairly distinct missteps.

The biggest one for me was how Earl was played.  I didn't go through this entire thread, but I did skim a bit and saw some others expressing a similar sentiment that he was a bit too comedic, almost cartoonish.  Jeremy Sisto played Earl brilliantly in the

• Hamilton actors to get profit-sharing  Apr 17 2016, 12:48:05 PM

SweetLips said: "and Taryn--blow it out your a.se----I am so glad I was 'in' the dark old ages because in those days, to us dumb chorus boys,.theatre was all about the show and NOT the business--we could not have cared less about that because we were IN IT and doing what we prepared for and loved.  It seems there is absolutely no way you can or could relate to that.

SL
    "

Wow, there is like no reason for you to be so aggressive at me for saying

• Hamilton actors to get profit-sharing  Apr 17 2016, 01:19:34 AM

Any time you start off with something like "in my day we would have PAID to be involved" you kind of remove yourself from being able to talk seriously about labor issues.

Actors shouldn't just be happy to be involved and take whatever they give them, and coming from that perspective always disempowers actors as workers and contributes to the very popular notion that allows shows to not pay actors at all.  Which is why AEA exists and why for many years the workshop co

• Daniel Radcliffe Will Return to the Stage This Summer in PRIVACY at The Public Theater!  Apr 12 2016, 05:21:51 PM

megaraa said: "Been considering becoming a member of the Public to secure tickets and with this announcement, maybe it's time to. Does anyone know how long it takes to become one? Like, if I registered/paid for a membership today, would it be effective immediately, i.e. in time for when tickets for this go on sale for members? 

Thanks!
    "

They send you a physical welcome letter that obviously takes a few days, but you'll

• Shuffle Along previews  Apr 12 2016, 03:40:17 PM

I saw the show last night -- second row orchestra left -- and was honestly blown away.  I was in tears by the end of the opening number at just the pure rebellious joy of of it.  I'm a bit picky about my standing ovations -- I like to save them for when I'm really thrilled and/or moved by a piece -- but I was on my feet in an instant when curtain call started.  Just totally blown away.

• Audra's replacement in Shuffle Along  Apr 12 2016, 03:34:09 PM

Sertzo19 said: "The show and Audra's role are very tap-heavy though, at least it was when I saw it on 3/26. Are any of these candidates/suggestions formidable tap dancers? "

I mean, did Audra ever tap before this show?

• BroadwayCon 2017 ...at The Javitz Center...  Apr 10 2016, 09:12:43 PM

You can definitely rent the Javits without actually using the entire convention space.  Obviously NYCC rents the whole thing, but that's not at all a good comparison; NYCC is one of the biggest conventions in the country.  But smaller conventions can compress just down to certain areas so you're not trekking over the whole compound.

• Rattlestick Playwrights box office?  Apr 10 2016, 09:51:22 AM

I'm fairly certain they only do advance sales online or over the phone with OvationTix.  It's a tiny theater and I doubt they have someone manning their bitty box office outside of showtime.  But really, the best people to ask is Rattlestick.

• Where is Michael Berresse's Broadway leading role?  Apr 9 2016, 12:23:10 AM

I can't be the only one who had that thought after getting to see him revisit The Light in the PIazza this week.  He is such a ridiculously charismatic performer.

• Hollywood Reporter: HAMILTON revenue analysis  Apr 6 2016, 02:26:53 PM

Kad said: "tl;dr: Hamilton is raking it in and so is everyone involved."

Except for the original cast apart from LMM.

• What site do you get your Bway news from now?  Apr 5 2016, 09:11:14 PM

I use the RSS feeder Feedly and have Playbill, BroadwayWorld, Broadway.com, and the NYT Theatre section all included in it.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

COUNTDOWN CLOCK