Profile for Taryn

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Taryn
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Taryn
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 6 - 14
Favorite Show(s): Sweeney Todd

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Encore's God Bless You Mr Rosewater  Jul 27 2016, 11:02:08 AM

I'm going tonight. I'm pretty excited! I've never heard the score, but I've always wanted to; I'm a huge fan of both Menken & Ashman and Kurt Vonnegut.  Rosewater was actually my very first Vonnegut novel back when I was in high school and made me fall in love with his work.

• Privacy Previews  Jul 23 2016, 07:21:44 PM

Some language, yeah, and there's a couple allusions to sexual activities (mostly with what the Fitbit can tell you're doing), but I think a 12-year-old would probably be fine.

• George Takei in Doyle's PACIFIC OVERTURES  Jul 15 2016, 09:15:34 PM

I was already super stoked for a Pacific Overtures production at all -- it's only in the last year that I've really learned to appreciate how brilliant it is and fallen in love with it, and I've never seen it staged -- and now I'm just ridiculously excited.

• Privacy Previews  Jul 13 2016, 12:08:15 AM

It was definitely a unique show.  I was entertained and interested the whole time, and found myself laughing a lot more than I expected; the first act in particular is really funny.  I still think Radcliffe is a really fantastic actor; I remember being blown away by him when he did Equus and I realized he was going to be a legitimate talent as an adult.  This role is far from Equus, but he definitely inhabits it well and has a distinct charm.

• Will RAUL ESPARZA Ever Return to Broadway?  Jul 13 2016, 12:02:29 AM

I'm sure that he'll return eventually, and I'm definitely in the camp that's anxious for the day.  I'm a huge fan of his work and do think he's one of the best in the business.  I still have a really vivid memory of watching the 2007 Tony Awards with Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in my lap -- I must have been rereading the series in anticipation of the last book's release -- and wanting to fling that huge hardback book at th

• Cancellation Tickets (Hamilton and other shows) Question  Jul 11 2016, 10:39:28 AM

They are indeed unclaimed house seats.

• The Humans Transfer- NYT ad says 'The Cort'  Jul 1 2016, 06:47:19 PM

Islander_fan said: "I was just wondering something. Could it possibly be, that their theatre of choice all along was The Cort but had to find another one since Bright Star was there? And, now that it's available they are going there instead?"

More likely they wanted the Schoenfeld and were ready to settle for the Cort and only got their top choice at the last minute.

• Ogie in Waitress (contains Spoilers)  Jun 27 2016, 07:31:53 PM

kreichelt said: "I felt the portrayal of Earl at the ART was much more realistic.  On Broadway, I thought, "Man, why did Jenna ever fall for that loser?"   But at the ART, there was a charm to the abusive, jealous, manipulative Earl.  You saw why she might have fallen for him.  He seemed to have a third dimension in Cambridge that was lost in the move to Broadway."

This is one thing the movie got very well.  (Well

• Revisiting The Who's Tommy  Jun 27 2016, 12:29:10 PM

I'd love to see a version with the rock aspect really embraced.  I know that Pete Townsend really wanted to tone it down for Broadway.

A Deaf West production would be amazing holy ****.

• The Humans Transfer- NYT ad says 'The Cort'  Jun 25 2016, 12:43:29 PM

Wow.  It had to have been a last-minute theater change that happened after the ad drop deadline.  The Sunday Times generally has to be submitted by Monday (which is a much longer lead time than any other day), and the theater announcement happened on Thursday, which is way too late to change things, even pulling the favors I'm sure they attempted.  I think it's much more likely that the destination theatre changed and all parties knew they were going to have to go out w

• Dear Evan Hansen discount?  Jun 23 2016, 03:33:57 PM

LizzieCurry said: "On the subject at hand, thanks, Taryn! (I've seen its previous two incarnations but was feeling cheap.)"

No insider knowledge of the show, just my best guess for when things like direct mail might start hitting!

• Dear Evan Hansen discount?  Jun 23 2016, 12:39:59 AM

We'll probably start seeing discounts in September.

• How Much Longer Does FUN HOME Have?  Jun 17 2016, 12:46:36 PM

CATSNYrevival said: "Are there a lot of shows in line to take Circle in the Square? It doesn't seem like there would be very many."

I dunno, I feel like the smaller houses are always in demand for more intimate/scrappy shows that are nervous about filling a bigger one.

• Broadway Theaters Collecting Data  Jun 6 2016, 10:38:37 PM

I'm a little unclear on what you're asking -- they don't need to see anyone's names to count the number of people who go through to be audience members.  They can get that count with no additional information.  They know how many people are in the house.

• To listen to the cast recording or not  Jun 2 2016, 05:53:13 PM

I actually didn't listen to anything from Hamilton before seeing it and really loved the experience of going in blind.

• AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING  May 27 2016, 12:48:17 AM

Pretty sad to hear this.  It really is an original show.  I don't know if I'd say I loved it as much as I was fascinated by it; it definitely stayed in my thoughts.  I went and grabbed a TDF ticket to see it a second time before it closes.

I definitely wouldn't blame the marketing for this.  (Marketing always gets blamed when shows flop and never gets credit when they're successful.)  I think it had some of the slickest advertising of the season

• HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  May 12 2016, 02:26:27 PM

I always assumed Lin had an alternate starting in previews so that he was able to have days that he could actually watch the show before it was locked in, and then likely continued as a solid to Javier and possibly, as suggested here, to give himself a little time to work on the many projects he has going outside of the show.

• Hamiltix Released  May 12 2016, 12:48:39 AM

pdjennings said: "So, I guess that mailing list on the website that specifically says "Be notified when new tickets are available by entering your email address" was a complete waste of time."

Yeah, that's -- really crappy.  What the heck.

• How Did You First Hear About Hamilton?  May 11 2016, 02:50:44 PM

The White House video way back when whenever it was first released.

• Create The  May 11 2016, 12:27:05 PM

The one year the Replacement Tony existed, it was designed to basically be optional and only given out if they felt there was someone worthy of it, and they didn't award it to anyone.  I still have a pretty distinct memory of Jonathan Pryce, who was in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels at the time, being kind of like, "Wow thanks on behalf of all the replacement actors this season."  On the one hand, I understand it being built that way -- awarding instances of an exemplary repl

BROADWAYWORLD TV