Profile for Taryn

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Taryn
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Taryn
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 6 - 14
Favorite Show(s): Sweeney Todd

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Riedel on Glenda Jackson in Three Tall Women  May 19 2017, 11:49:17 AM

NoName3 said: "Are Jackson and Metcalf tall enough to meet the licensing requirements? (See the thread about the rights pulled by the Albee Estate because a black actor was cast as Nick in Virginia Woolf.)"

I admit I had the exact same thought! Neither actress is what I'd consider tall. Metcalf is 5'7" and Jackson 5'6" (according to a quick Google).

• Encore's God Bless You Mr Rosewater  Apr 15 2017, 01:48:08 AM

Weird that there's still no release date, although it has a page on Sh-k-Boom's website now, and you can sign up to get updates about it.

• What Unions Represent Broadway Folks?  Mar 29 2017, 10:39:03 PM

Theatrical marketing is also one of the few big Broadway areas that's not unionized.

• Laura Osnes and Tony Yazbeck to star in CRAZY FOR YOU  Feb 20 2017, 09:14:13 PM

I was super disappointed at the highlights reel -- we literally only got to hear just Tony singing anything!

• Unconfirmed ATC rumor: Isherwood gone from NYT?  Feb 7 2017, 12:47:50 PM

newintown said: "If the numbers in that article are true, a 19% drop in ad revenue, on top of the slow decline in Times ad sales and subscription/readership over the past decade would lead me to believe they plan to scale back on all arts coverage and writers."

They should probably bring their online advertising portals into the 21st Century. I can't even describe how difficult it is to manage advertising in the NYT.

• SUNDAY IN THE PARK withdraws from Tony Eligibility  Feb 5 2017, 01:51:47 AM

Wick3 said: "Given Tony voters won't get comp'd seats for Sunday in the Park, do you think they will nonetheless pay the premium prices to grab a great seat to watch Jake & Annaleigh perform? After all, Tony voters are big fans of Broadway, right?"

Most Tony voters are likely at least able to get house seats (which are generally prime locations at regular orchestra price).

• SUNDAY IN THE PARK withdraws from Tony Eligibility  Feb 3 2017, 01:51:04 PM

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Even if Jake is being a diva, how would that affect getting Tony noms???"

Outsiders pissing off the Broadway establishment has definitely had ramifications come Tony time before.

• Telecharge Service Fees?  Jan 28 2017, 10:16:21 PM

ArtMan said: "So Taryn, when I bought tickets for a concert two days before my Lionel Richie show and was charged the usual $10 -$12 per ticket  and then charged $31 for Lionel, according to your theory Ticketmaster must have hired a hell of alot more people and their operating expenses tripled, so that is why I paid more than their usual fee cost.  My original post was NOT why does Ticketmaster charge fees but why did the usual $12 fee go up to $31 for this concert.  

• Telecharge Service Fees?  Jan 28 2017, 11:48:36 AM

Rangersrule said: "Interestjng, I've never heard of that much being charged in fees. However, they are providing a medium in which you are able to buy tickets from the convince of your home and be able to print your own tickets out at home. They can charge whatever they want to charge when they are one of only a few tickey buying platforms out there. "

ArtMan said: "But see back..back...back in the day you couldn't print your ticket

• Telecharge Service Fees?  Jan 27 2017, 06:02:09 PM

haterobics said: "I've never sorted out why, when I act as my own box office manager, select my own seats, process my own payment, and use my own computer, printer, and ink to create my own ticket, *I* have to pay more money... but if I go to the box office, and make someone who is already on salary do that, and use all of their resources, then it is free? Doesn't that seem backwards?"

The show pays for the box office to be open at the theater. Online ti

• THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical  Jan 27 2017, 12:41:43 AM

IdinaBellFoster said: "I loved the suggestion that Miranda doesn't sing. Would be very effective if she only sang during her breakdown scene in Paris. It's really the only moment for the character the begs to be musicalized."

Honestly that would be pretty brilliant. And keep even that song restrained.

• THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical  Jan 26 2017, 01:12:36 PM

Theater_Nerd said: "BroadwayConcierge said: "Patti LuPone and Sierra Boggess. Done and done. *dusts hands*

Sierra Boggess is way too up in age to play "Andy"... 
    "

She's only three years older than Osnes. Early 30s can play early 20s on the stage easily.

• Encore's God Bless You Mr Rosewater  Dec 13 2016, 02:25:35 PM

neonlightsxo said: "Ghostlight seems to get these albums out relatively quickly, so more good news!

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Encores-Off-Center-Staging-of-GOD-BLESS-YOU-MR-ROSEWATER-Heads-to-the-Recording-Studio-20161130
    "

How quickly is relatively quickly?  Anyone remember some of their recent t

• The BWW Redesign of December 2016  Dec 12 2016, 08:41:32 PM

Theater_Nerd said: "I love it. I love the font they've chosen. I wonder what it is? "

It's Montserrat. Which isn't bolded, but this is how it looks bolded.

• Encore's God Bless You Mr Rosewater  Nov 16 2016, 06:44:22 PM

I literally gasped.  I am so thrilled and I really didn't think it would pan out.

• Do salaries influence ticket prices?  Oct 16 2016, 10:24:20 AM

One thing to keep in mind that there are many more salaries in play than just actor's.  Stage managers, stagehands, musicians, company managers -- those are all substantial as well, and all of the salaries at play in a show contribute to the overhead.  I would say yes, they are one reason among many for rising ticket prices, because any rising costs will contribute to rising prices.  But it's one among many factors at play.

There's always talk of "g

• First Musical you ever saw?  Oct 10 2016, 11:54:40 AM

The earliest I can remember is seeing a tour of Camelot with Robert Goulet as Arthur.  I think I was around 10 or so.

• Worst Marketing you've seen.  Sep 29 2016, 03:18:51 PM

Roundabout has an in-house marketing department but also uses agencies for their advertising.  Generally (but not always) SPOTCo for advertising and Situation Interactive for digital.

• Top Theatregoing Experiences  Sep 10 2016, 12:03:09 AM

Going Off-Off-Broadway here, but Samuel & Alasdair: A Personal History of the Robot War by The Mad Ones is still one of my favorite nights I've ever spent in a theatre.

The wall coming up at the end of the original Roundabout Cabaret revival when I was 16 is still indelibly etched in my mind.

• Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!  Sep 7 2016, 02:29:55 PM

neonlightsxo said: "Why does he think people look at his twitter constantly? I guess those of us who don't won't get to go."

He also sent out a message to his email list.