Profile for Taryn

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Taryn
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Taryn
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 6 - 14
Favorite Show(s): Sweeney Todd

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Do salaries influence ticket prices?  Oct 16 2016, 10:24:20 AM

One thing to keep in mind that there are many more salaries in play than just actor's.  Stage managers, stagehands, musicians, company managers -- those are all substantial as well, and all of the salaries at play in a show contribute to the overhead.  I would say yes, they are one reason among many for rising ticket prices, because any rising costs will contribute to rising prices.  But it's one among many factors at play.

There's always talk of "g

• First Musical you ever saw?  Oct 10 2016, 11:54:40 AM

The earliest I can remember is seeing a tour of Camelot with Robert Goulet as Arthur.  I think I was around 10 or so.

• Worst Marketing you've seen.  Sep 29 2016, 03:18:51 PM

Roundabout has an in-house marketing department but also uses agencies for their advertising.  Generally (but not always) SPOTCo for advertising and Situation Interactive for digital.

• Top Theatregoing Experiences  Sep 10 2016, 12:03:09 AM

Going Off-Off-Broadway here, but Samuel & Alasdair: A Personal History of the Robot War by The Mad Ones is still one of my favorite nights I've ever spent in a theatre.

The wall coming up at the end of the original Roundabout Cabaret revival when I was 16 is still indelibly etched in my mind.

• Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!  Sep 7 2016, 02:29:55 PM

neonlightsxo said: "Why does he think people look at his twitter constantly? I guess those of us who don't won't get to go."

He also sent out a message to his email list.

• Farewell Jersey Boys!!!  Sep 7 2016, 12:03:25 AM

I remember seeing it right before the Tonys in its first year and thinking it was directed focused and fast as a freight train.  It was a great night of theatre.

• Best Broadway Ad Campaigns/Designs of All Time  Aug 30 2016, 04:47:55 PM

Several already mentioned have been recent favorites of mine -- Something Rotten, Gentleman's Guide -- and I'll add Hand to God for doing some super clever advertising.  I loved the Playbill ads they did that were customized to the show they were being printed in.

• Gene Wilder Passes Away  Aug 29 2016, 04:56:18 PM

How awful that he was suffering from Alzheimer's -- it's truly a horrific disease -- but what a blessing that at least he didn't forget his family or lose the core of his spirit.

He'll be so very missed.

• Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!  Aug 16 2016, 04:14:33 PM

They could be holding seats specifically for the public sale tomorrow.  We wouldn't be able to tell by looking at the map now.  So I'd still check tomorrow when they go on sale, because the chance isn't actually zero.

• Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!  Aug 15 2016, 01:17:55 PM

I got Row F in the balcony for the $52 price point.  It's always possible they're holding some of the cheap tickets -- maybe the far sides? -- for the general on-sale.  I guess we'll see on Wednesday.

• Patti LuPone on  Aug 13 2016, 11:43:11 AM

Did you get to Giant Woman?  That's the one that seems to really hook a lot of people.

• Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!  Aug 12 2016, 11:57:25 AM

JRB sent an email to his mailing list today saying Wednesday the 17th so yeah it's probably that and the 18th was a typo.

• Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!  Aug 11 2016, 08:49:54 PM

Tickets go on sale next Wednesday and start at $50.

• Natasha ... on-stage seating  Aug 11 2016, 11:28:10 AM

Well.  I got a new order confirmation, but it came with the same additional email of "your seats will be decided later..." and no information in the confirmation about where I'm sitting.  (Also no charge or refund on my credit card.)  The old order appears in my Telecharge account as 0 tickets and no new order to be found.  I'm going to give it a couple days to see if it all sorts out, but.  It's strange.

• Falsettos Tickets  Aug 9 2016, 10:10:54 AM

They might be sold out by this point, Shari.  They were definitely going faster than the rear mezz when they went on sale.  I got a pair in the side orchestra for a weeknight, but I was one of the lucky ones that didn't have any issues with Ticketmaster their LincTix number.

• Natasha ... on-stage seating  Aug 6 2016, 10:02:53 PM

Having worked with a few different ticketing systems, I'm actually not hugely surprised that it's this convoluted to make this work on Telecharge.  I imagine it's been hellish for the box office staff.

• Falsettos Tickets  Aug 6 2016, 01:11:03 PM

I was in and out without trouble on  I'm sorry for folks who are still having issues.  I'm surprised they decided to do an on-sale on Saturday like this when the LCT staff aren't in.

• Encore's God Bless You Mr Rosewater  Aug 5 2016, 12:30:01 PM

Probably it's biggest commercial impact would be on licensing for the show regionally (which is the actual reason for a lot of cast albums).  However, Encores isn't in the position of a lot of producers/investors of Broadway shows in getting part of that licensing profit for a period of time, which is the reason for a lot of cast albums' existence.

• Encore's God Bless You Mr Rosewater  Aug 5 2016, 11:21:22 AM

I legitimately get sad whenever this thread falls off the front page because all I want is more news about it.

• Encore's God Bless You Mr Rosewater  Aug 1 2016, 08:10:26 PM

Mr Roxy said: "Much preferred the artwork for the original production to Encores poster. As I recall, the original production had Rosewater standing wearing a firemans hat."

Somebody posted it earlier in the thread if you want to take a look back!

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Back to Falsettoland w/ OBC - Passing the Torch
Backstage Bite
BWW TV Exclusive: BACKSTAGE BITE with Katie Lynch and PARAMOUR's Ruby Lewis!
Turning the Tables
Randy Rainbow w/ FIDDLER Cast
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
SPAMILTON Takes Over at Broadway Sessions!