Profile for Taryn
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Taryn
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 6 - 14
Favorite Show(s): Sweeney Todd

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Broadway and Minorities  Jul 25 2015, 02:52:37 PM

There are ways to have conversations with the writer community about the diversity of the world and how we can explore all those possibilities in a diversity of writing without "telling writers what to write about."

Like, why does everyone jump from A all the way to Z when this comes up like we're going to put writers into a room and take away all their white characters and force them to write.

• NYMF 2015  Jul 10 2015, 11:11:17 AM

I'm super excited for some friends of mine to bring back POPE, which played to great success at the Fringe a few years ago.  Totally biased, but it's a great show.  (And I loved the show because I was friends with them, so maybe a bit less biased.)

• Streaming The Tonys  Jun 7 2015, 11:24:02 AM

CBS has an All-Access thing that includes streaming live TV that you can get a week free of: http://www.cbs.com/live-tv/

• My Dream Is Coming True - Original Cast Of INTO THE WOODS Reuniting In NYC  May 29 2015, 03:08:30 PM

Lol not really strange.  Someone at their box office was sitting there watching the event as soon as it went on sale to start flipping prices as tickets sold.

I'm excited to have my pair for the 2pm!

• Broadway Theaters with center aisle  May 6 2015, 04:47:18 PM

I thought of the Golden, too, but it looks like it may not have it currently:

https://www.telecharge.com/Broadway/Skylight/Seating-Chart

• Molasses to Rum (1776): why?  May 3 2015, 11:32:52 PM

I mean -- it is a good political strategy.  Rutledge takes out all of the leverage of Adams and Jefferson, who are coming at slavery with the obvious moral arguments.  But of course, Jefferson has slaves that he's, you know, going to free -- later.  Adams' has the leg up of not owning slaves, and attempts the superiority of being from the North, where slavery was not as proliferate.  Except the North was in fact enabling and profiting from the whole trad

• Heidi Chronicles to close?  Apr 21 2015, 11:21:28 AM

Penn & Teller is going into the Marquis and they're not changing theaters.  http://pennandtelleronbroadway.com/

• Hand to God's Targeted Ads in Playbills  Apr 9 2015, 05:26:24 PM

Wow, that's awesome.  Shows do pick which other shows' Playbills they purchase ad space for, so it's common for ads to appear in some shows and not others based on the perceived crossover audience.

• Hamilton's 10M Advance  Apr 3 2015, 10:54:40 AM

From a GM/producing end, it's absolutely true that unpaid group sales are reported in their own area in wraps but NOT in the actual advance number.  They're not considered real money until they're paid, but they're certainly relevant to other decisions about promoting the show.  So sure, they've shared the $10M number with the press with caveats, but internally those pending groups won't be real money yet.

• Audience Rewards just refreshed ticket inventory  Apr 2 2015, 05:16:27 PM

They generally put things up as they receive them from shows and get approval on things.  They probably ask shows for new dates around the same time, which would account for a bunch of new May dates going up around the same time.

• Digital Lotteries...the new thing?  Mar 27 2015, 03:16:59 PM
    I'm pretty sure all the shows with digital lotteries other than Hamilton have multiple pairs. Hamilton seems more like the exception.
  • Fish in the Dark - Why No Late Seating?  Mar 26 2015, 04:47:33 PM
    It's a great policy, although I feel bad for the front of house staff. Having worked venues at the Fringe Festival in past years, where no late seating has been the policy across the board for almost every year of the festival, it can become painful to enforce even on a small scale for a tiny theater when people are literally screaming in your face. I don't envy doing it for a huge Broadway house.
  • Something Rotten Previews  Mar 25 2015, 05:46:36 PM
    I thought that Borle's accent made total sense and sounded like he was aiming for one of the 60s British rockers.
  • Something Rotten Previews  Mar 24 2015, 01:07:46 PM
    Saw the first preview last night as well and also had a blast. The big musical number in the first act seriously brought down the house. Standing ovation and all, as others have said.

This doesn't become an "up with musical theatre!" show, does it? A celebration of that fabulous business we call show, the two best words in the English language: musical theatre, etc etc?

It's an absolute love letter to musical theatre.
  • The Hunchback of Notre Dame at Paper Mill  Mar 18 2015, 05:03:54 PM
    Always love seeing some nice casual sexism in the New York Times...
  • Allegiance coming to Broadway  Mar 12 2015, 01:41:27 PM
    What a sad thought, Kad. I assume the first would be David Henry Hwang. Really no one else??
  • Favorite FINALE in Musicals  Mar 10 2015, 05:48:14 PM
    Nothing gives me chills like the Cabaret finale.
  • Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT  Mar 8 2015, 12:08:07 AM
    And John Ellison Conlee! Since he hasn't been mentioned.
  • Shopping or Selling on StubHub and Craigslist: Helpful? Ethical?  Mar 3 2015, 04:40:52 PM
    It's funny that people bring up how scalping offers none of that extra value back to the production. Premium seating was developed to combat that -- because if there was extra money to be made, shouldn't the show itself make it? -- and people talk about hating that, too.
  • What is a reasonable price for a ticket  Feb 24 2015, 04:27:59 PM
    Right? I was about to say. Yankees tickets are way more affordable.

BROADWAYWORLD TV