Profile for BrodyFosse123

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld BrodyFosse123
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: BrodyFosse123
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:
Birthday: 3 - 28
Profile: "...give me one more, please" - Bob Fosse

Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
All Shook Up
Caroline, or Change
Jersey Boys
Jersey Boys
Letty Pepper
Over Here!
Smile at Me
Sunset Boulevard
The Fix
Thoroughly Modern Millie

Favorite Performer(s): Christian Borle

Currently Listening To: April March

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • any news on cast cd  Nov 22 2015, 05:06:12 PM

Brody Fosse-

How do you know this? or are you assuming it...??

A close friend is in the show.  The entire cast has known the show was getting a cast recording immediately after the show opened in Chicago.  

• any news on cast cd  Nov 22 2015, 03:14:57 PM

Yes, ON YOUR FEET! will indeed be getting an Original Broadway Cast Recording.  It will be produced (appropriately) by Emilio Estefan.  No release or recording date yet announced. 

• Rescued dogs go from shelter to stage  Nov 20 2015, 06:41:28 PM

Back in the late 1970s during the original run of ANNIE at the Alvin Theatre (now the Neil Simon Theatre), I was a ballsy pre-teen who used to roam around the theatre district in the afternoons and walk into all the stage doors and visit the backstage areas of all the shows on Broadway.  Bill Berloni was always at the Alvin Theatre early and let me visit with him and Sandy and the menagerie of dogs he always had with him.  God bless him for his hospitality and patience and entertain

• Is Hamilton popular enough that you've heard it on regular radio  Nov 17 2015, 10:55:13 AM
    Back in 1982, "And I Am Telling You" from the Original Broadway Cast Recording of DREAMGIRLS was in the Top 40 so it was heard regularly on FM radio stations. They did a re-edit to the ending of the song so it didn't have the theatrical long note ending but a repeated phrasing as it faded. Some urban radio stations even played the cast recording's "One Night Only" track - with Jennifer Holliday's slow tempo intro segueing into the uptempo disco Deena Jones & The Dreams version.
  • Oh, Jesus. They're making a Tennessee Williams biopic.  Nov 12 2015, 12:36:42 PM

Hmmm.  Let's hope this sees the light of day.  It could be years before anything materializes as the property was just obtained.  

I'm still waiting for the 2 (two) bio pics "confirmed" by HBO and yet-to-go-into-production: 

GYPSY & ME with Sigourney Weaver about the older Gypsy Rose Lee and her relationship with her son Erik Preminger. (Confirmed in 2007)

BOB FOSSE with Bryan Singer directing a script based on Sam Wesson&#

• Cinderella Movie from 1997 vs Musical  Nov 5 2015, 10:44:13 AM

NOTE: this musical incarnation was created by Rodgers & Hammerstein and is not in any way affiliated with Walt Disney nor his 1951 animated film incarnation of CINDERELLA.  

This recent Broadway production (mostly known as R&H's CINDERELLA) was originally conceived and produced as a 1957 TV production (starring Julie Andrews) then remade again for television (this time in color) in 1965 (with Lesley Ann Warren) then remade again for television in 1997 (with Brandy)

• Grease: Live casting  Oct 24 2015, 08:52:45 AM

Can Julianne even sing? 

Ouch!  More validation that NO ONE saw the 2012 film adaptation of ROCK OF AGES where Julianne was the female lead and sang more than a handful of songs in the film including "Harden my Heart" and "Shadows of the Night."

• Your favorite musical theatre song most people may not be familiar with  Oct 9 2015, 01:12:06 AM

"Charity's Soliloquoy" from 1966's SWEET CHARITY.  

• On Your Feet! Previews  Oct 4 2015, 02:32:44 PM

Doesn't look like much was changed as they fully skipped studio rehearsals and jumped straight to teching the show at the Marquis Theatre about 2 weeks ago.  Apparently, all the major book changes and song additions were done during the Chicago run.  

• Danny Burnstein and Rebecca Luker-SVU Amazing  Oct 1 2015, 02:04:10 PM

• Grease: Live casting  Sep 30 2015, 01:57:47 PM
    I don't know why they haven't officially announced their casting but from sources involved with this production, Olivia Newton-John will be playing Principal McGee and Kevin Jonas will be Teen Angel. Just checked and IMDB already has them on the Cast listings.

• Brooks Ashmanskas  Sep 30 2015, 10:37:12 AM
    He was fantastic in the 2007 Broadway revival of THE RITZ and the 2010 Broadway revival of PROMISES, PROMISES.

• Met and was ignored by Bette Midler yesterday  Sep 28 2015, 12:44:29 PM
    Having worked with more than a handful of public personalities in the past, I've noticed that they tend to be selective about when to acknowledge fans who approach them and when to ignore everyone around them. They all responded that there are times when one just wants to be left alone and its best to not stop and acknowledge people. They are fully perceptive they are being a**holes but you need to control your personal life at the end of the day. They'll smile and acknowledge "fans" if they
  • Rare West Side Story OBC Footage  Sep 24 2015, 04:03:30 PM
    And for those curious ones, that is Allyn Ann McLerie as Anita. She was one of Adolph Green's former wives.
  • Rare West Side Story OBC Footage  Sep 23 2015, 12:01:57 PM
    Wow! Thank you for sharing this super rare color silent home movie footage of the original production's Broadway return engagement. It was breathtaking getting a color glimpse of The Dance at the Gym, the "Somewhere" ballet and a large chunk of "I Feel Pretty". Carol Lawrence was such a delight. Even without sound, she's magical to watch.

And for those curious ones, that is Allyn Ann McLerie as Anita. She was one of Adolph Green's former wives.
  • Performers that were ill on cast recordings.  Sep 9 2015, 04:19:46 PM
    Tyne Daly on the cast recording of the 1989 Broadway revival of GYPSY.

• Coffee Break from How to Suceed  Sep 8 2015, 05:34:28 PM

At least some stills exist from the filmed number: 

• Coffee Break from How to Suceed  Sep 7 2015, 03:33:53 PM
    Though the "Coffee Break" musical number was indeed filmed, sadly the footage still remains lost. The film company is and was known to not archive their material so we may never see this. All that survives is the pre-recording that was included on the soundtrack release. Also, known at the time of the filming, Cary Grant filmed a cameo in the "I Believe in You" Executive Washroom sequence. No one knows why this was cut as well.

• OFFICAL: Michael Mayer to Helm West End Revival of FUNNY GIRL, Starring Sheridan Smith  Aug 3 2015, 11:54:19 AM

So much of the book was tailored to Streisand's talent.

Those tailorings to Streisand were implimented into FUNNY GIRL after the musical's bumpy out-of-town tryouts. Once they arrived into NY in early 1964, Jerome Robbins was brought in to "doctor" the show and he quickly assessed the problem: the musical needs to be The Barbra Streisand Show and trimmed away anything that takes away from her. Jean Stapleton (the original Mrs. Strakosh) has said in the press that the entir

• Obama at Hamilton  Jul 20 2015, 12:17:58 PM
    I think LinManuel is doing a really professional and humbling thing by sticking with the schedule. He's pro enough to know he is the Director first and foremost.

Really? I mean, really?! Miranda IS NOT the show's director. Tom Kail is the show's director; Lin-Manuel Miranda stars as the lead as well as wrote the music and lyrics and the show's book. What's next? Him getting incorrectly credited as the pit conductor? Costume Designer? Choreographer, too?