Profile for BrodyFosse123

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld BrodyFosse123
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: BrodyFosse123
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:
Birthday: 3 - 28
Profile: "...give me one more, please" - Bob Fosse

Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
All Shook Up
Annie
Applause
Caroline, or Change
Carrie
Dreamgirls
Jersey Boys
Jersey Boys
Letty Pepper
Over Here!
Smile at Me
Smiles
Sunset Boulevard
The Fix
Thoroughly Modern Millie

Favorite Performer(s): Christian Borle

Currently Listening To: April March

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Amelie  Apr 24 2017, 05:31:58 PM

I think it's safe to assume that the original case will remain in the production until it closes.  I read they have several cases in the event one breaks.  

• Are there any Red Carpet pics from HELLO DOLLY's Opening Night?  Apr 24 2017, 11:24:02 AM

Security is tight during these events and without any proper credentials, no journalist has access nor the ability to interview or photograph anyone on the premises.  No proper credentials issued?  No proper media coverage happens.  This was obviously the case with this new revival of HELLO, DOLLY!  

• When is Jeremy Jordan coming back to Broadway?  Apr 23 2017, 04:33:44 PM

The starting minimum as a regular on a TV series is $20,000 per episode.  It's safe to assume he makes more per episode due to his somewhat name recognition plus residual income once series goes into syndication.  

• When is Jeremy Jordan coming back to Broadway?  Apr 23 2017, 12:53:46 AM

He makes per episode on TV what would take him a few months of 8 performances a week on Broadway.  I'm sure if TV wants him that's his top priority.  

As Bebe Neuwirth said about her TV work on FRASIER: in one night more people saw her on TV than 10 years worth of stage work AND the money is insane.  

Many Broadway actors have gorgeous homes now due to their TV work.  Heck, even Jane Krakowski said until ALLY McBEAL happened to her she never thought s

• Nicole Scherzinger set to be Elphaba in Wicked movie?  Apr 22 2017, 07:43:46 PM

Nicole Scherzinger appears in things: films, TV, etc. 

Nicole Scherzinger does not "star" in things. 

The mass majority have no knowledge of who she is.  Her connection to the The Pussycat Dolls might slightly register a blip so she has that to rely on.  

• Classic Performances You HAVE seen  Apr 21 2017, 10:09:15 AM

Chita & Gwen in CHICAGO

Entire original 1975 cast of A CHORUS LINE

Patti & Mandy in EVITA

Andrea McArdle, Shelley Bruce, Sarah Jessica Parker & Allison Smith and Dorothy Loudon and Alice Ghostley in ANNIE. 

Ben Vereen in PIPPIN

Liza & Julie in VICTOR/VICTORIA

Lauren Ball in WOMAN OF THE YEAR

Reba McEntire in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN

Sandy Duncan in PETER PAN

Countless original Broadway casts from 1972 to the pr

• What performance do critics attend?  Apr 20 2017, 06:02:15 PM

Critics attend performances throughout the final week of previews.  There isn't a particular performance that they all attend.  No critics review an Opening Night performance.  

• Sutton Foster- Overall Thoughts?  Apr 19 2017, 11:57:22 AM

My first exposure to Sutton was in THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE.  A musical I quickly fell in love with and one I would revisit several times during its run on Broadway.  One thing that kept me seeing it was Sutton Foster.  She was in the show, I believe, 2 years and she not only gave 150% each time, she added nuances that kept it fresh every time I saw her in the show.  She never phoned it in.  I'm lucky to have been able to say this to her. 

I've als

• Jennifer Simard  Apr 19 2017, 11:20:00 AM

I agree.  She needs to do her curtain call bow in her Ernestina costume.  That is the only way the audience will acknowledge her and her hilarious performance.  Out of that over-the-top costume and make-up, there is NO way anyone would connect Jennifer to Ernestina.  

• Why don't people like Ariana Grande  Apr 18 2017, 10:42:25 PM

I think if she really was invested in a character (playing it 8 times a week instead of rehearsing for one live performance) as she was in 13, she would have been more convincing.

HAIRSPRAY: LIVE! not only rehearsed for a few months for that 1 "live" performance, the entire telecast was performed countless times in its entirety (from beginning to end) so she had over 10 "performances" as Penny before the "live" broadcast.  It's not like t

• WANTED : Sunset Boulevard merch  Apr 18 2017, 12:15:04 PM

By the way, I also had a flyer announcing Faye Dunaway in the Los Angeles production.  Just press material written in it as the production was cancelled during early rehearsals.

• Caissie Levy 54 Below Cancelled  Apr 18 2017, 12:03:34 PM

WICKED labs?

FROZEN labs?

Same thing; no difference.  wink

• WANTED : Sunset Boulevard merch  Apr 18 2017, 11:50:40 AM

Wow!  You're a few years too late.  I was a weirdo for all things SUNSET BLVD during its original incarnation and collected everything.  I had (in mint condition) ALL of the souvenir programs and Playbills (US and international) as well as CDs (cast recordings and special EPs).  After 2 decades, I finally got rid of them.  On that same purge period I got rid of hundreds of original Playbills (1920s to then recent) as well souvenir programs (tons of vintage or

• Good shows for high schoolers to perform?  Apr 17 2017, 10:21:15 PM

I still stand firm on LEGALLY BLONDE: The Musical.

Take a quick look why:

https://youtu.be/cnBHIU2Qn0c

• Good shows for high schoolers to perform?  Apr 17 2017, 10:00:11 PM

LEGALLY BLONDE: The Musical.

Their performances will be Tony Award worthy.  

• HELLO, DOLLY! Previews  Apr 17 2017, 11:20:33 AM

Here's another performance clip of La Midler in her Divine Miss M persona.  This one is of an older Bette and the one most recognize today.  She sings, dances a bit and speaks to the audience.  This somewhat represents (alas here she is a bit stronger) what she brings slightly to her Dolly Levi.  

https://youtu.be/A_Sb7PpLoS0

• HELLO, DOLLY! Previews  Apr 16 2017, 08:08:52 PM

Um, if you've seen Bette Midler in concert, you've seen The Divine Miss M persona.  That's who she is in performance AND she acknowledges it during every opening number and throughout.  She generally just calls herself "The Divine."

• HELLO, DOLLY! Previews  Apr 14 2017, 08:38:56 PM

I was.  I attended the first preview so I had nothing to go on aside from my assumptions and hopes that she would be playing Dolly Levi infused with her Divine Miss M.  After a few moments into the show, I was smiling that my assumptions and hopes were right.  Yes, she creates a character but infuses the Divine Miss M in there as well.  Especially during those monologues to Efrain that she does on the catwalk and out to the audience.   

• HELLO, DOLLY! Previews  Apr 14 2017, 04:06:06 PM

I love Bette Midler, but I feel like I'd be paying all that money to see "Bette Midler" - not "Hello, Dolly" (one of my favorite shows).

FYI: every actress in the original Broadway production played Dolly in their own public personas - Carol Channing, Mary Martin, Pearl Bailey as well as Ethel Merman.  This is what made the original production so grand and ran for years: each actress added her own public persona infusions as Bette Midler is doing.

• HELLO, DOLLY! Previews  Apr 12 2017, 01:22:27 PM

Seems Scott Rudin is doing a great job keeping things off social media as all of the curtain call photos that first surfaced on Instagram and other platforms have been removed.  It's obvious the cast and any members of the production have been instructed to refrain from posting anything on social media.