Profile for BrodyFosse123

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld BrodyFosse123
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: BrodyFosse123
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:
Birthday: 3 - 28
Profile: "...give me one more, please" - Bob Fosse

Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
All Shook Up
Annie
Applause
Caroline, or Change
Carrie
Dreamgirls
Jersey Boys
Jersey Boys
Letty Pepper
Over Here!
Smile at Me
Smiles
Sunset Boulevard
The Fix
Thoroughly Modern Millie

Favorite Performer(s): Christian Borle

Currently Listening To: April March

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Tour Phantom of the Opera Alternate Christine  Jul 22 2016, 11:58:26 AM

No alternate Christine is listed anywhere for the North American Tour so I think it's safe to assume this tour does not use one and Julia Udine performs all performances with her understudy filling in when she's out.  

• Waitress souvenir program  Jul 21 2016, 12:42:13 PM

I always hated dragging along souvenir programs after a show so I always ordered them afterwards.  Every single new souvenir program arrived with the insert enclosed.  Every single one so it's safe to assume that these are added into the souvenir program at the printing facility - not at each theatre.  

By saying all this, you can order it online now and rest assured that the souvenir program will arrive with the current insert.  

&n

• Thoroughly Modern Millie - OBC Question  Jul 21 2016, 12:05:17 PM

Plus, Carol played Muzzy fully Caucasian - not as an African-American.  The plot of the Broadway musical cleverly explained this difference.  

• Thoroughly Modern Millie - OBC Question  Jul 21 2016, 11:13:39 AM

This stills remains one of my favorite musicals ever plus it's choreographer Rob Ashford's finest work.  The choreography was exciting, energetic and a true showcase for Sutton Foster's dancing gifts.  

I saw this on Broadway countless times and seeing how Sutton transformed her performance during her long run was magical.  Never once did she phone it in - she just added nuances here and there so she was always giving a fresh performance.  

• Hamilton ticket prices  Jul 19 2016, 04:48:20 PM

WICKED opened on Broadway in October 2002.  I know because I was there.  Orchestra Center, Row G, seat 106.  Laura Bell Bundy was Glinda at my performance.  

• Hamilton ticket prices  Jul 19 2016, 11:23:38 AM

Technically it will be 14 years old in a few months.  But by year, it is 14 years old.  

• Hamilton ticket prices  Jul 19 2016, 10:54:40 AM

Jarethan said: "I saw Wicked 14 years ago from a premium seat that I bought the day before the performance at regular box office price when it was impossible to get tickets.  It happens. "

That's amazing!!!

Considering it's only been around for 13 years... Talk about impossible tickets.

I'm teasing, of course. :) But I had to, too easy. Hamilton ticket pricesLaDuca Taps Vs Miller & Ben  Jul 18 2016, 12:13:12 PM

• Your First Broadway Show  Jul 17 2016, 11:29:45 PM

Bob Fosse's PIPPIN.  Imperial Theatre.  1972.  I was 7 years old.  It was shortly after it opened on Broadway so no understudies: the original cast intact.  I became obsessed with all things Bob Fosse after this.  Lucky this was a huge period for him too so he was everywhere during this time: LIZA WITH A Z on NBC TV and his film adaptation of CABARET at the movies.  

• GREASE LIVE nominated for 10 Emmys and more!  Jul 16 2016, 11:32:29 AM

In order for SHE LOVES ME to have been able to qualify for any 2016 Emmy Award consideration it had to have aired (streamed) between June 1, 2015 to May 31, 2016.   

• Molly Pope in A Star Is Born at 54 Below/Feinstein's  Jul 16 2016, 10:58:55 AM

Though nothing officially has been confirmed, Lady Gaga is pretty much a lock-in for Bradley Cooper's adaptation of A STAR IS BORN (he's starring as well as making his directorial debut).   

Production is slated to begin February 2017. 

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/lady-gaga-a-star-is-born-remake-bradley-cooper-1201796597/

• Phantom searches for identity, disappoints, lacks, and turns stale  Jul 13 2016, 08:45:46 PM

Um, the current Broadway production of LES MISERABLES is a reconceived revival - it's not a recreation nor any part of the original 1987 Broadway production, which closed in 2003. 

THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA has been playing at the Majestic Theatre since its Broadway debut in 1988.  It's never closed.  

• THE FRONT PAGE discounts?  Jul 12 2016, 11:11:52 AM

The above link is for a Foreigner concert in Chicago.

• Madame Rose...and her daughter Gypsy!  Jul 11 2016, 01:19:49 PM

Or... 

• Runaways at Encores Off-Center  Jul 9 2016, 08:57:09 AM

Yes, that is Diane Lane in the top photo.  She was only in the original Off-Broadway production.  She didn't transfer with the show to Broadway in order to make her film debut in George Roy Hill's 1979 film A LITTLE ROMANCE opposite Laurence Olivier.  

• Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?  Jul 8 2016, 02:21:53 PM

Seriously, folks?  

• Shuffle Along is Finally Getting a Poster  Jul 8 2016, 02:05:23 PM

Anyone have a reason why this poster took so long?

Jessica was on maternity leave and returned to her Printing Dept duties at the end of June.  

• Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?  Jul 8 2016, 02:01:57 PM

Why the 9th?  What's so special about that particular performance?   Is Obama and Michelle attending again?   

• Diane Lane Will Return to Broadway This Fall in Stephen Karam's Adaptation of THE CHERRY ORCHARD  Jul 8 2016, 01:44:57 PM

This is a beatiful full circle for Diane Lane as she appeared in the 1977 Broadway revival at Lincoln Center when she was 12 years old.  She appeared alongside Irene Worth, Meryl Streep, Raul Julia, Mary Beth Hurt and Cathryn Damon.  

• Sweeney Todd -- 1982 telecast -- why no Len Cariou?  Jul 7 2016, 10:55:11 AM

Wow, interesting! I can't believe critics didn't like the show. It's truly a masterpiece.

Huh?  Cariou mentions that the tour was shut down during its San Francisco run due to the critics hating it.  The next stop of the tour was Los Angeles, where the video recording was made.  He adds that he feels that the video recording suggestion was to entice the cast to return and continue the tour.  The critics negative reaction statement

BROADWAYWORLD TV