Profile for BrodyFosse123

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld BrodyFosse123
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: BrodyFosse123
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:
Birthday: 3 - 28
Profile: "...give me one more, please" - Bob Fosse

Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
All Shook Up
Annie
Applause
Caroline, or Change
Carrie
Dreamgirls
Jersey Boys
Jersey Boys
Letty Pepper
Over Here!
Smile at Me
Smiles
Sunset Boulevard
The Fix
Thoroughly Modern Millie

Favorite Performer(s): Christian Borle

Currently Listening To: April March

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Beauty and the Beast  May 23 2016, 10:49:37 AM

The Who's Who for the film:

• Beauty and the Beast  May 23 2016, 08:59:39 AM

So, this wasn't even a trailer but a teaser.  

The rose looks BEAUTIFUL.  

I think it's safe to assume the real full trailer will be out for Christmas 2016.  

7 more months to go, suckers!   

• Anthing Goes original production photos  May 22 2016, 10:37:20 AM

• 6:15 dinner okay for pre-show meal?  May 22 2016, 10:19:42 AM

You plan to get to a restaurant AND be seated AND served by 6:15pm AND you want to mozy over to bar for a pre-show cocktail AND walk thru the theatre district to the theatre ALL in 90 minutes?   If no one in your party talks, that is.  

Good luck, amigo.  I always make 5:30pm dinner reservations for an 8pm curtain due to past experience.  I'm always amused by people's lack of time-management factoring logistics.  One of my friends alw

• Current Broadway Obsessions  May 21 2016, 01:26:36 PM

The Overture of the 1970 COMPANY

"Charity's Theme" from 1966's SWEET CHARITY

• Broadway for Latinos  May 21 2016, 01:19:38 PM

Windowcards and marquee were already up at the Broadway Theatre waiting for its Broadway arrival.  After its disastrous reception in Sa

• Black Actors In WHite Roles & Vice Versa  May 18 2016, 10:05:31 AM

When Pearl Bailey played Dolly Gallagher Levi the audiences accepted the fact that she was black and sat back to enjoy one of the most remarkable makeovers in a musical.

Um, the ENTIRE cast was also black so a black Dolly Levi didn't stand out with Pearl Bailey.  Now, if Bailey played Dolly opposite a white Horace, then this would be grounds of discussion especially in the 1960s.  Same scenario with the all-black casts of GUYS & DOLLS, CAT

• Random Question Regarding Grand Hotel  May 15 2016, 07:30:24 PM

Thank you for posting the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade performance.  It literally brought tears to my eyes.  Oh, how I miss that old Broadway.  I haven't seen that clip since it aired originally.  

• Hello Again movie  May 15 2016, 04:15:00 PM

• Stockard Channing Sings They're Playing Our Song  May 13 2016, 07:13:21 PM

I've never heard her "sing" and always wondered what kind of quality she has/had.

Seriously?  You never watched her in the now-iconic 1978 film adaptation of the Broadway musical GREASE where she sings both "Look At Me, I'm Sandra Dee" and the almighty "There Are Worst Things I Could Do"?!!!

• Lincoln Center Archives  May 12 2016, 08:06:17 PM

Sadly, the quality of A CHORUS LINE at the library is similar to this one posted on YouTube.  Nothing noticeably better. 

As for DREAMGIRLS, they didn't film the original 1981 Broadway cast nor the original Broadway staging.  They filmed the 1985 Broadway return engagement which featured the hand-moved tour staging as well as the new Act 2 opener.  The entire original Broadway production/staging and cast does survive in a home-made bootleg video. &

• Lincoln Center Archives  May 12 2016, 07:28:57 PM

Seriously, folks?   The pre-Broadway archival video of the original cast of A CHORUS LINE has been accessible everywhere for ages.  

https://youtu.be/uu6D3Y2O7cs

• Lincoln Center Archives  May 12 2016, 02:04:59 PM

The revival of BELLS ARE RINGING

BABY, IT'S YOU

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

• Color Purple Fan Mail Responses?  May 10 2016, 06:47:34 PM

10 to 15 days.  20 max.  Averages at 18 days.  

• ON YOUR FEET Cast Recording  May 9 2016, 03:46:51 PM

Sadly, this recording is a colossal fail as the dialogue interruptions don't help plus the audio quality is just terrible.  I only play the fantastic "Tradicion" track.  

I feel that this wasn't professionally recorded with proper microphone capture but they just simply released a recording off the theatre soundboard.  The audio seems to be audio picked up from the actor's head mics.  This is evident when dialogue fades when actor

• Hamilton Professional Recording of OBC  May 8 2016, 02:19:57 PM

Anyone can view the films.  All you need is "a reason" and a NYC Library card.  (which anyone can get, I beleive.)

Not true.  You can not view any archived show that is currently playing.  Once it closes, it becomes available to view.  

• Hamilton Professional Recording of OBC  May 8 2016, 01:36:05 PM

• Fran Lebowitz proving she doesn't know what she is talking about  May 8 2016, 12:44:14 PM

I've been an avid Broadway attendee since 1972 when at the age of 7 I saw my first musical on Broadway: the original cast of PIPPIN.  My love for Bob Fosse and his work began at this time. 

Since then, I became obsessed with Broadway and spent all my summers in NYC from 1972 to the late 1980s.  Then as an adult, I visited NYC every few months to see shows exclusively.  Yes, I saw EVERYTHING.  Countless original Broadway casts and many times fl

• Tom Hooper Directing Movie Version  May 6 2016, 11:54:24 AM

The originating article in VARIETY states he's interested in having Suki Waterhouse in this. 

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/cats-movie-tom-hooper-1201767798/

• Rousing Male-Male duets  May 5 2016, 01:17:59 PM

"I Don't Need Anything But You" - ANNIE

"Tonight" - WEST SIDE STORY

"It's Our Little Secret" - PROMISES, PROMISES

"Conga" - ON YOUR FEET!  

BROADWAYWORLD TV

COUNTDOWN CLOCK