Profile for BrodyFosse123

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld BrodyFosse123
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: BrodyFosse123
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:
Birthday: 3 - 28
Profile: "...give me one more, please" - Bob Fosse

Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
All Shook Up
Annie
Applause
Caroline, or Change
Carrie
Dreamgirls
Jersey Boys
Jersey Boys
Letty Pepper
Over Here!
Smile at Me
Smiles
Sunset Boulevard
The Fix
Thoroughly Modern Millie

Favorite Performer(s): Christian Borle

Currently Listening To: April March

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • No NBC live musical this year; Birdie postponed  May 27 2017, 05:07:31 PM

Yeah, you forgot that as well as this BYE BYE BIRDIE news is days old and already heavily discussed earlier this week.  

• WAR PAINT - The Original Broadway Cast Recording  May 27 2017, 01:14:25 PM

Convert a YouTube video as an MP3 file.  

https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/mp3-converter

• Does anybody have any items signed by Rosie O'Donnell that they are willing to sell?  May 26 2017, 06:12:06 PM

I have an autographed Playbill from August 1994 of the Broadway revival of GREASE!

Asking $1,250.  Not negotiable but includes FedEx Priority Overnight shipping and a Snickers bar.  

• 2017 NBC Live Musical is  May 25 2017, 03:17:46 PM

We're only heading into June and these NBC Live Events begin rehearsals in the Fall so I think NBC will go ahead and announce a replacement very soon.  At least they have a year to prep for BYE BYE BIRDIE: LIVE!.  

Now, let's see what NBC thinks up?  

• Phones are back - Glenn Close stops performance half-way  May 25 2017, 01:42:28 PM

"We can have a show, or we can have a photoshoot..." Great line!

That's been her go-to retort since 1995.  She said it countless times during SUNSET BLVD.'s original Broadway run.    

• Previously at this Shubert  May 25 2017, 01:03:23 AM

I loved OVER HERE!  I was 9 years old when it opened and I saw it 3 times.  My dad loved swing and big band music so that explains that.  The set design was fantastic.  There were 3 levels each with a treadmill which were incorporated in the staging cleverly.   I remember a sequence with swimming beauties so it looked as if they were swimming.  John Travolta's solo "Dream Drumming" was a fabulous and crazy showcase and I remembered him so it wa

• TOOTSIE: The Musical  May 22 2017, 11:02:40 AM

Super excited for this as David Yazbek is involved.  Hit or miss are the shows he's work on but one thing always stands out - his music.  

TOOSIE is one of my Top 5 favorite films of all time and I STILL listen to the original motion picture soundtrack regularly as well as watch the Criterion Collection Blu-ray disc of the film at least once a month.  I hope AND expect they keep the timeframe of the film in the early 80s and evoke that era and pastiche to death the s

• Lea Michelle's New Album Places  May 21 2017, 08:59:14 AM

Lea Michele.  At least get her name spelled correctly.  You at least got Streisand's name correct.   Thank you for that.  

• MAMMA MIA! Film Sequel Set for Summer 2018 Release  May 20 2017, 09:28:47 AM

Wait it's a prequel, even though the entire cast will have aged nearly a decade by time it's released??

It's partially a prequel.  It's set in the present day with flashbacks to the past.  Younger actors will portray the younger versions of the actors in the flashbacks.  

Also, MARY POPPINS RETURNS has a December 2018 release which is a few months after this MAMMA MIA! sequel is released (Summer 201

• Phyllis Diller as DOLLY  May 17 2017, 05:05:35 PM

• Phyllis Diller as DOLLY  May 17 2017, 05:04:18 PM

• Phyllis Diller as DOLLY  May 17 2017, 05:03:26 PM

• KING KONG Set for Fall 2018 Bow at the Broadway Theatre  May 17 2017, 02:11:37 PM

• KING KONG Set for Fall 2018 Bow at the Broadway Theatre  May 17 2017, 02:09:35 PM

• Which shows have conductors only  May 16 2017, 01:32:42 PM

Conductors who play keyboards are called Musical Directors.

CHICAGO doesn't have a Conductor but a Musical Director as they are behind the piano while conducting the orchestra.  

• Fiddler Playbill ( Bette Midler)  May 12 2017, 08:45:17 PM

I stand corrected.  I overlooked the details stating the Playbill was signed by various cast members including Bette Midler.   It was CLEARLY there in the original post.  I'M the idiot!   

• Live TV Musicals Overload?  May 12 2017, 08:42:43 PM

Who considers these theater?  It's like considering a film musical "theater."  These are televised live musicals - they are not films or live theatre - they are simply live TV musicals.  Geez. 

• Fiddler Playbill ( Bette Midler)  May 12 2017, 04:45:45 PM

Idiot.

You can get it for $10.50 which includes shipping, too!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Fiddler-on-the-Roof-Playbill-1967-Bette-Midler-in-her-First-Broadway-Role-/142369048771?hash=item2125db48c3%3

• Mom & Autistic child kicked out of Chicago Aladdin  May 11 2017, 10:40:19 PM

With all due respect to the mother, she is more than aware how her child responds to things and behaves in public.  It is her negligence to have chosen to take her autistic child to a theatrical production where they would be sitting amongst hundreds of people, in a dark auditorium and with live music.  It not only is rude but quite ignorant to expect people to ignore the situation due to the child's handicap.  She is an idiot for taking her child.  Peri

• SUNSET BOULEVARD  May 11 2017, 01:02:27 PM

Loved the segment when Glenn showed/displayed the replicas of bracelets once belonging to Gloria Swanson, Marlene Dietrich and Paulette Goddard.  Gorgeous replicas and definitely part of Miss Close's personal collection as it's well known that she has it stipulated in all her contracts that she gets to keep all of her costumes and accessories.