Profile for BrodyFosse123

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld BrodyFosse123
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: BrodyFosse123
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:
Birthday: 3 - 28
Profile: "...give me one more, please" - Bob Fosse

Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
All Shook Up
Annie
Applause
Caroline, or Change
Carrie
Dreamgirls
Jersey Boys
Jersey Boys
Letty Pepper
Over Here!
Smile at Me
Smiles
Sunset Boulevard
The Fix
Thoroughly Modern Millie

Favorite Performer(s): Christian Borle

Currently Listening To: April March

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Beaches Remake Thoughts?  Jan 21 2017, 05:00:46 PM

8pm EST

7pm CST

• London's Dreamgirls is eyeing Broadway  Jan 17 2017, 04:16:54 PM

• What if? Stars who didn't get the part  Jan 17 2017, 03:58:45 PM

Patti LuPone in Sunset Boulevard.  

Huh?  LuPone was THE original Norma Desmond in the 1994 London World Premiere in SUNSET BLVD months before Glenn Close played Norma in the Los Angeles American Premiere a few months later.  

• Cabaret Tour  Jan 17 2017, 01:22:48 PM

She had the best voice by far of any of the Cabaret stars on Broadway. 

It always amuses me when people rate the singing voices of the actresses playing Sally.  She's supposed to be a third-rate performer working in a seedy Berlin club.  She's NOT supposed to have a great singing voice.  This criteria is why non-singing actresses successfully appeared during the original run of the Sam Mendes/Rob Marshall Broadway revival in the late 1990s to 2001.

• Hamilton Fan Mail  Jan 13 2017, 01:19:41 AM

Impossible is more likely as he's been dead for ages.  

• Finally! A Documentary About The WORST Kind Of People on the Planet!  Jan 10 2017, 06:15:09 PM

Wow!  Kudos to the filmmaker for completely changing his angle on his documentary.   It's quite obvious the feedback from the NY community after the first trailer was released months ago definitely enlightened him to his chosen subject and he reaccessed what his documentary was really about.   

• Made in China  Jan 9 2017, 02:13:00 PM

Thanks for this.  Was thinking about seeing it.  Love the intimate 59e59 space.  Definitely will go now based on this blip review.   smiley

• Hello, Dolly  Jan 8 2017, 12:30:52 PM

Geez Louise!  The article clearly clarifies the sign was still in the process of being put up when photo was taken.  You can even see the ladder and the installer to the left of the atrium.  laugh

• West Side Story audition help?  Jan 8 2017, 12:24:52 PM

Word of advice: please learn to reduce the fast vibrato.  It's the one stereotypical Broadway tenor bit I hate the most.  It's even mocked when any TV show or film wants to represent the bad cliche'd Broadway type.  The crazy vibrato.  You sound like a phuckin' chicken.  Geez.  

• DAMN YANKEES Revival  Jan 6 2017, 05:01:31 PM

I'd love to see Garrett Clayton as Lola.  Her "Whatever Lola Wants" would be fabulous.  Hopefully they retain Bob Fosse's original choreography for this.   

• Hmm...  Jan 6 2017, 04:58:58 PM

Or in the case of headliner Cassie Ferguson, you sometimes need to take an ensemble track if you're not booking any lead roles and you have bills to pay.  

• WAR PAINT on Broadway  Jan 6 2017, 03:17:23 PM

Ouch!  Ticket sales are terrible.  I'm here looking for tickets in March and I can literally get a pair in Orchestra Center, Row K, L, M, etc at regular non-Premium prices for all the dates I'm checking.  Even Mezzanine Center, Row A, B, C, etc.  

• Show Name Help??  Jan 2 2017, 01:26:03 PM

Yeah, the show was not great from what I remember! And from your responses, that saves me from going back and watching it again! :) Thanks everyone!

You don't have to worry about making that mistake as BROOKLYN: The Musical closed on Broadway on June 26, 2005.  

• Hello, Dolly  Dec 28 2016, 02:30:42 PM

Geez.  Audiences are fully aware it'll be The Divine Miss M on that stage the entire time.  If you were expecting otherwise, you're an idiot.   This is WHY first day ticket sales broke records and why this revival is even happening.   No one is expecting Miss Midler to reinvent the wheel here in characterization.   We expect the occasional ad-lib and all the fabulousness we love and adore from The Divine Miss M - Bette Midler's legendary alter ego.  

• In need of hilarious audition song for teen female  Dec 27 2016, 09:43:14 PM

"Cooties" from HAIRSPRAY

• Hello Dolly Commercial  Dec 27 2016, 09:42:26 PM

No link included, amigo.  

• Best Confrontational/Argumentative Duets?  Dec 27 2016, 08:30:53 PM

Wow!  Can't believe this one was overlooked:

The legendary "It's All Over/And I Am Telling You" from DREAMGIRLS.  

• RIP Carrie Fisher  Dec 27 2016, 02:20:45 PM

This one hit me harder than I expected it to. I wonder how this will alter what's to come with Episode 8. 

STAR WARS Episode 8 finished filming months ago so it will be her final film credit.  

• Stage Door on Closing Night  Dec 26 2016, 10:06:25 PM

Stage doors at closing performances are chaotic.  Actors leaving with boxes and stuff plus family members waiting and helping them.  Lots of activity.  Actors are pleasant but with things going on unlike regular performances where they're just simply leaving the theatre for the night.  

• Did Audra McDonald Hide The Truth?  Dec 24 2016, 11:42:50 AM

Yes she did.  She knew she was pregnant when previews started and was following the traditional rule of waiting until after the tri-mester period to announce her pregnancy.