BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for Visceral_Fella
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Visceral_Fella
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 9
Favorite Show(s): Cabaret
Carrie
Dreamgirls
Evita
Hairspray
Into the Woods
Kinky Boots
Pippin
Ragtime
Ruined
Sister Act
The Drowsy Chaperone
Wicked

Favorite Performer(s): Nina Arianda
Shoshana Bean
Laura Benanti
Stephanie J Block
Betty Buckley
Chester Gregory
Megan Hilty
Jenifer Lewis
Alison Luff
Alli Mauzey
Jan Maxwell
Patina Miller
Bernadette Peters
Sherie Rene Scott
Saycon Sengbloh
Adrienne Warren

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Idina Menzel to Reprise Leading Role in If/Then tour  May 9 2015, 11:20:23 PM

I hope her voice doesn't go the route of Alice when she toured with N2N

• Brandy joins CHICAGO  May 7 2015, 04:56:32 AM

I'm going tonight. Will report back

• Audra sings Evita  May 3 2015, 10:19:58 AM

Yeah, this wasn't great, wasn't terrible either, but even for fun songs like this should be let go. Her voice is the same up and down much like Kelli O'Hara. That's not a bad thing and she's a rare talent. Just a rare talent who will benefit from staying in her lane.

• Musicals about High School?  Apr 29 2015, 12:28:21 PM

I'm surprised that there isn't a thread about this already. I keep searching and I can only find lists of musicals good for high schools to do as opposed to musicals with high school themes.

So far I have:

Bring it On
    Carrie
    Lysistrata Jones
    Grease
    Hairspray
    Heathers
    HSM

• Jenifer Lewis fun fact  Apr 10 2015, 01:45:16 AM

Jenifer Lewis? You mean Nell Carter? That's who did the workshops is Dreamgirls and who the writers had in mind.

• The 2015 NBC Live Musical?  Mar 30 2015, 12:27:38 AM
    Would JHud or any of the people on Empire be able to do The Wiz since it will be NBC and Empire if Fox? I'm not sure how that works, and I believe JHud is becoming a regular on Empire.

Also, if people from Empire can be apart of this, I wouldn't be surprised if Jussie Smollett was involved as the scarecrow at all. He's up and coming so he wouldn't be super expensive I'm guessing, but he's also getting a lot of attention right now.
  • CARRIE THE MUSICAL to premiere in Los Angeles  Mar 28 2015, 04:47:51 PM
    I wish this would extend a week or two. I'm surprised it hasn't.
  • Caroline Bowman  Mar 27 2015, 12:25:41 AM
    Something about all of this seems off to me. Wicked usually lives to let people go and replace them after they miss several weeks of shows, but they have found not one but two temporary replacements for CB, and she's been out for over a month? I don't want to see anyone let go, I'm just surprised that they're being this patient with her, which makes me wonder why? Maybe they just like her that much? I can't help but think that something is missing from the equation that we don't know.

• Best staged number in theatre history?  Mar 25 2015, 11:44:23 PM
    No Grand Hotel? What have y'all been watching?
  • Brandy joins CHICAGO  Mar 24 2015, 01:20:31 PM
    Carly Is leaving? Why? She usually sits on contracts
  • CARRIE THE MUSICAL to premiere in Los Angeles  Mar 20 2015, 03:17:47 AM
    The revival is like 2 hours and 5, maybe 2 hours and 10.
  • CARRIE THE MUSICAL to premiere in Los Angeles  Mar 19 2015, 07:05:56 PM
    The Chicago production of Carrie was one of the worst things I may have ever seen, ever. So if Chris Jones was mixed about that one then he would have given the off Broadway revival 5 stars.
  • CARRIE THE MUSICAL to premiere in Los Angeles  Mar 16 2015, 07:06:37 PM
    Best12Bars I've been in the room with a few actresses who were cast as Margaret (I've worked on the show a few times) it is almost always the actress who makes the horrendous choice. Every actress I've seen play Margaret in rehearsal is so in love with the Mazzie way, and turn their nose up at Piper Laurie's portrayal. Frankly I think the "I'm just a mother " is simply easier to play, and a copout. That's not the story, screw easy and justifications that water down the material; Do the work! No
  • Jennifer Holliday Will Play Sofia In THE COLOR PURPLE  Mar 15 2015, 05:07:48 PM
    I didn't know it was John Ruffin. He's literally terrible, and his shows are trash. He does these really low rent church audience based shows with no value, but lots of adlibs, neck rolling, unauthorized revisions to the script. His shows make Tyler perrys touring productions look like tony award wining shows. He is really appealing to a certain audience, and making a crap ton of money off of them and their (ignorance is a harsh word, but you get my drift). It's kind of sad, but he's working his
  • Will Lea just fade away when Glee ends?  Mar 14 2015, 09:59:08 AM
    Only if we're lucky
  • Kelly Clarkson in  Feb 28 2015, 01:35:44 AM
    Something makes me question if her voice would hold up.
  • Lena Hall To Depart Hedwig  Feb 28 2015, 01:34:48 AM
    It should be Adrienne Warren
  • Wicked Glinda Standby  Feb 25 2015, 12:46:19 AM
    The former.
  • Wicked Glinda Standby  Feb 24 2015, 11:00:54 PM
    Tess made her debut tonight. I was there.
  • Christine Dwyer Back in Wicked  Feb 24 2015, 10:59:22 PM
    She came a LONG way

BROADWAYWORLD TV