Profile for Visceral_Fella

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Visceral_Fella
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Visceral_Fella
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 9
Favorite Show(s): Cabaret
Into the Woods
Kinky Boots
Sister Act
The Drowsy Chaperone

Favorite Performer(s): Nina Arianda
Shoshana Bean
Laura Benanti
Stephanie J. Block
Betty Buckley
Chester Gregory
Megan Hilty
Jenifer Lewis
Alison Luff
Alli Mauzey
Jan Maxwell
Patina Miller
Bernadette Peters
Sherie Rene Scott
Saycon Sengbloh
Adrienne Warren

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Next WICKED Cast  Jul 27 2015, 05:25:56 PM

You'd be surprised at who can recognize talent ClydeBarrow I took an elderly newbie to see this cast and she did not like Kara at all and neither did I.

I too hope the next Elphaba is Alison Luff. If Mauzey returned with Luff it would be one of the most well sung casts to do the show.

• THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Jul 27 2015, 01:07:41 AM

Grace Jones would be perfection!

• Dream Cast Jessie Mueller!  Jul 25 2015, 11:04:30 AM

I need to see her in something else because I was not moved by her performance in Into the Woods at all, but everyone on this board just goes on and on and on about her ad nauseum so I must have missed something.

• Songs With a big belt at the end  Jul 16 2015, 02:25:14 PM

Mama Will Provide, and Waiting for Life from Once on this Island.

Your Daddy's Son can be belted, and is quite thrilling when it is.

I am Changing - Dreamgirls

• Brandy's sings Home for audtion for the Wiz  Jul 14 2015, 05:03:11 PM

Her personality is very Lorell actually, but there's no way she could sing it.

• Revised CARRIE on Broadway?  Jul 14 2015, 01:06:59 AM

• Revised CARRIE on Broadway?  Jul 14 2015, 12:35:19 AM

What Production did you see GingerBreadMan?

• Marin Mazzie and Judy Kuhn  Jun 26 2015, 11:03:31 PM

If you make the keys low enough anyone can belt, so I mean technically, but no.

• Marin Mazzie and Judy Kuhn  Jun 26 2015, 11:11:15 AM

Yes let's write Mazzie a role that is suitable for her voice instead of having her play belty roles that don't show her full potential. Especially if the role has been previously played by a belter. 

• Beverley Knight and Cats  Jun 5 2015, 12:16:25 PM

I can't wait to hear her memory

• Kara Lindsay in Wicked  Jun 2 2015, 10:14:59 AM

I must say, I'm very surprised when people say that they thought she was wonderful. I've seen the show an unmentionable amount of times and I thought she was the worst Glinda I had ever seen. I also went with a non theatre goer who had never seen the show and they were not moved by her either. Maybe she was sick? She kept touching her chest, if she wasn't then she does not have the notes for the high soprano stuff. Also, what is up with allowing Glindas to be super contemporary? Jenni Barber

• Idina Menzel to Reprise Leading Role in If/Then tour  May 9 2015, 11:20:23 PM

I hope her voice doesn't go the route of Alice when she toured with N2N

• Brandy joins CHICAGO  May 7 2015, 04:56:32 AM

I'm going tonight. Will report back

• Audra sings Evita  May 3 2015, 10:19:58 AM

Yeah, this wasn't great, wasn't terrible either, but even for fun songs like this should be let go. Her voice is the same up and down much like Kelli O'Hara. That's not a bad thing and she's a rare talent. Just a rare talent who will benefit from staying in her lane.

• Musicals about High School?  Apr 29 2015, 12:28:21 PM

I'm surprised that there isn't a thread about this already. I keep searching and I can only find lists of musicals good for high schools to do as opposed to musicals with high school themes.

So far I have:

Bring it On
    Lysistrata Jones

• Jenifer Lewis fun fact  Apr 10 2015, 01:45:16 AM

Jenifer Lewis? You mean Nell Carter? That's who did the workshops is Dreamgirls and who the writers had in mind.

• The 2015 NBC Live Musical?  Mar 30 2015, 12:27:38 AM
    Would JHud or any of the people on Empire be able to do The Wiz since it will be NBC and Empire if Fox? I'm not sure how that works, and I believe JHud is becoming a regular on Empire.

Also, if people from Empire can be apart of this, I wouldn't be surprised if Jussie Smollett was involved as the scarecrow at all. He's up and coming so he wouldn't be super expensive I'm guessing, but he's also getting a lot of attention right now.
  • CARRIE THE MUSICAL to premiere in Los Angeles  Mar 28 2015, 04:47:51 PM
    I wish this would extend a week or two. I'm surprised it hasn't.
  • Caroline Bowman  Mar 27 2015, 12:25:41 AM
    Something about all of this seems off to me. Wicked usually lives to let people go and replace them after they miss several weeks of shows, but they have found not one but two temporary replacements for CB, and she's been out for over a month? I don't want to see anyone let go, I'm just surprised that they're being this patient with her, which makes me wonder why? Maybe they just like her that much? I can't help but think that something is missing from the equation that we don't know.

• Best staged number in theatre history?  Mar 25 2015, 11:44:23 PM
    No Grand Hotel? What have y'all been watching?

Advertisement Advertisement