Edit Your Profile |
You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
12 - 31 |
| Yahoo IM:
|Currently Listening To:
Eminem, Eurythmics, Diahann Carroll, Laura Branigan, Panic! at the Disco, Judy Garland Sings the Who
| Most Recent Message Board Posts:
- ON YOUR FEET! Reviews Nov 7
2015, 05:11:42 PM
Can the hoped-for Latino audience afford $150 a ticket?
- Disaster! The Musical Nov 7
2015, 05:07:43 PM
Who's financing this disaster? Seth's Nicky Arnstein husband? Rosie? It belongs at Don't Tell Mama.
- Allegiance Previews Oct 6
2015, 11:27:06 PM
It will be the Asian Amazing Grace. Nobody knows who is Lea Salonga and Takei has about 14 fans. A gripping story that looks like a fey Lifetime film.
- Razzle Dazzle- Michael Riedel's book Oct 6
2015, 11:22:31 PM
I think he's an awesome writer. No one else makes theatre interesting and colorful as he does.
- STREISAND wants to make GYPSY Oct 3
2015, 01:17:56 AM
She should star in "Ballroom" with Tom Hanks. The score is mostly by her supposedly good friends the Bergmans. It's poignant and the role is age-appropriate. Sarah Jessica Parker can play her daughter.
- Thérèse Raquin Previews Oct 3
2015, 01:12:07 AM
The ca. 1980 BBC adaptation with Kate Nelligan was amazing.
- Post TONYs show closings/extensions Jun 8
2014, 11:14:18 PM
Although, aren't many current productions limited runs to begin with?
- Breaking News: Marin Mazzie to Play 'Helen Sinclair' in BULLETS OVER BROADWAY; Opens 4/10 at St. James Theatre Dec 5
2013, 10:41:37 PM
She is boring. She is probably cheap. Why not Donna Murphy? Or God forbid a real movie star like Susan Sarandon or Bette Midler?
- Maclaine, Joel and more among Kennedy Center honorees... Sep 13
2013, 12:17:14 AM
Carol Channing is a joke.
How about Diahann Carroll, Liza, Rita Moreno, Marilyn and Alan Bergman, Edward Albee, Carole King?
- Possibly Controversial Idea: Lady Gaga as Fanny Brice? Jun 29
2013, 11:10:06 PM
She has done theater in high school and college, including Miss Adelaide in "Guys and Dolls." Plus, she has performed jazz in clubs and "Someone to Watch Over Me" on the "Today" show and elsewhere so she can sing legit. I think she would be very good BUT the book needs a reworking and the score needs paring down. You cannot just revive the show as is.
- Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway! Jun 24
2013, 11:21:00 PM
As an usher
- Breaking News: Neil Patrick Harris to Star in HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH on Broadway - Spring 2014! Jun 17
2013, 09:22:53 PM
Boring show, boring performer
- Sondheim doesn't want Streisand to direct Gypsy? Feb 28
2013, 05:11:26 PM
Let her direct and play one of the strippers.
Catherine Z Jones can play Rose and Gaga can be Louise.
- Pia Zadora performs in Vegas Sep 17
2012, 01:22:06 AM
She is also a Grammy nominee for "Best Female Vocal, Rock" for this:
And in the category was fellow nominee, Melba Moore!:
- Trailer for 'Pitch Perfect' Anna Kendrick Singing Lead Jun 15
2012, 07:35:49 PM
The film is screening across the country; it was in NYC this week and I saw it.
- Save Priscilla!!! May 21
2012, 09:13:34 PM
Oh, come on!
It is a mediocre show with a mediocre cast. What is the point of mounting a show based on a great film if you cannot at least match the quality of the film?
I guess now Nick Adams can peddle his wares at the Townhouse.
- THE LYONS Reviews Apr 24
2012, 12:20:42 AM
Is Brantley sleeping with Silver? The rave is totally undeserved.
Ms. Lavin is brilliant in this Neil Simon meets Edward Albee diatribe. The daughter is miscast; the son is OK; the father is very good; the poor nurse is a really good actress not given enough to do.
The opening of Act 2, with the hunky realtor, is pointless and throws the show off track.
Without Ms. Lavin, this show would last a month; with her, it may last 6 months. Here's to a Tony nom [at least] f
- THE LYONS Preview Apr 12
2012, 08:48:31 PM
The play is a weird combo of Neil Simon and Edward Albee.
Act One is funny, dark, and worth the price to see Linda Lavin.
Act Two is awful.
Act Three is better.
The issues are:
1. the son and daughter are miscast, especially the daughter who looks too WASPy. You need a 40 year old Fran Drescher. The son is OK but unmemorable.
2. Act Two takes the tone and flow of the show off the radar. The son becomes a weirdo whom you lose sympathy for. And who is t
- End of the Rainbow Reviews Apr 2
2012, 10:14:56 PM
I'll stick with "I Could Go On Singing" on DVD. Is this sort of play really necessary?
- What roles Angela Lansbury could still play on stage? Feb 19
2012, 11:45:46 PM
Big Edie in "Grey Gardens." Would love to hear her do "Jerry Likes My Corn."