BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for Kad
Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Kad
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Kad
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 7
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Random Number Generation  Aug 28 2015, 06:03:43 PM

I had always heard that "Midnight Radio" was a very quick addition that Trask wasn't sure would even work.

• Fun Home Previews  Aug 28 2015, 04:21:21 PM
    I certainly did not consider my arguing with Fantod about the collegiate merit of Fun Home to be taking him down a peg, or an insult, or making fun of him or his age. I assumed he would be up for debate. I just assume people are ready to throwdown.

It reminds me of a line from the ever-quotable Angels in America: "You're not even fun to make fun of, Louis. It's like throwing darts into jello."
  • Per Daniel Craig, BW crowds age is...  Aug 28 2015, 04:00:43 PM

We all want Daniel Craig to immerse himself in us.

• Per Daniel Craig, BW crowds age is...  Aug 28 2015, 01:05:51 PM
    The primary function of a commercial Broadway production is to make money, which is why Betrayal had a quartet of stars and a legendary director at the helm and was put in a nice Broadway house. It was produced to make money, and make money it did, hand over fist.

As Namo stated, it sounds like Craig is no longer interested in this profit-driven model and may want to pursue different types of theatre productions.
  • Falsettos  Aug 28 2015, 12:09:10 PM
    Although Falsettos is a Jujamcyn production, does it have to go into a Jujacmyn-owned house?
  • Per Daniel Craig, BW crowds age is...  Aug 28 2015, 11:18:37 AM

Off-Broadway and off-off-Broadway skews much younger, because the work is being created, generally, by and for younger people. Tickets are cheaper and the work is targetted differently. People going to see something by the Amoralists are more likely to be real theatre aficionados, creative types, people in the industry.

• Per Daniel Craig, BW crowds age is...  Aug 28 2015, 08:38:30 AM

HogansHero said: ""if he would lower his star salary, chances are producers could lower ticket prices, thereby attracting younger audiences. "

I'm afraid I'd have to call that wishful thinking. It would just put more money in the hands of scalpers."

Wishful thinking indeed. And even if Daniel Craig insisted on being paid only the minimum, why would producers lower the ticket price? There would still be an incredible demand to see the p

• New Little Shop of Horrors Movie?  Aug 26 2015, 01:31:17 PM
    Honestly, I think the director's cut release of the film would be the perfect film adaptation if someone made judicious cuts to the Audrey II rampage during the finale sequence and reinstated the Meek Shall Inherit dream sequence (weird as it is).
  • Shuffle Along artwork  Aug 26 2015, 01:28:18 PM

Yeah, that's pretty perfect. Can't wait to see what this show actually entails.

• New Little Shop of Horrors Movie?  Aug 26 2015, 11:39:25 AM
    There's been no word since the initial rumor two years ago, so I would assume even if it had legitimacy at the time, it's stuck in development hell.
  • John @ Signature Theatre Co.  Aug 26 2015, 08:32:50 AM

The majority of the audience in attendance last night was rapt the entire time- laughter abounded, silence when a character had a deep moment. A  third of the audience even stayed for the talk back, and engaged the actors and dramaturg in some of the most thoughtful questions I've ever seen at one of these things- a pretty impressive turnout, considering the hour and the length of the show.

And walkouts? Well. It was a packed house, and remained so for the entirety of the perfo

• John @ Signature Theatre Co.  Aug 26 2015, 12:26:16 AM

Saw this tonight and loved everything about it. The 3-hour runtime flew by, and my friend and I were left delighted, intrigued, and moved. Georgia Engel and Lois Smith are treasures and give phenomenal performances.

I'm baffled by how much some people are making of the offstage action and pauses- reading this thread, I went in expecting lengthy stretches of looking at a set while trying to decipher offstage murmurs. Nope. There is only a few minute long segment very early in the pla

• Random Number Generation  Aug 25 2015, 04:46:11 PM
    I don't believe the song actually ever appeared in show as part of the script, but was included more or less as a bonus on the OBCR.
  • Neil Patrick Harris Appreciation Thread  Aug 25 2015, 01:42:27 PM
    Responding to someone who you have publicly announced- and shown in a screencap- to have blocked seems... counterintuitive.
  • Neil Patrick Harris Appreciation Thread  Aug 24 2015, 03:38:01 PM
    Why does he need to? It's not like he's making grandiose proclamations.
  • Neil Patrick Harris Appreciation Thread  Aug 24 2015, 02:00:25 PM
    Those ads don't bother me. If someone was paying me to pose in nice clothes for advertising, I'd certainly take it. Their names aren't even on it.
  • Neil Patrick Harris Appreciation Thread  Aug 24 2015, 01:48:35 PM
    I thought he was fantastic in Hedwig and thoroughly enjoyed his performance. I thought JCM was on a different level and brought a far more rich and far deeper performance, but NPH's commitment to the role and the level of energy he put into it were astounding.

I also thought he was great in Company, and I generally like his persona and dedication to trying to be an old-school showman.

David Burtka seems like a swell guy, though as a performer I think he is mediocre.
  • Here Lies Love  Aug 24 2015, 11:01:35 AM
    I saw HHL, but from the seating section overlooking the dance floor- which greatly colored my perception of it. Without the excitement of the club immersion, the show's seams are very, very visible. I walked out thinking it was an entertaining event, and an impressive feat of staging and design, but not necessarily a good piece of theatre.

That being said, I think the music is a lot of fun. Again, not particularly deep, but entertaining.
  • FringeNYC  Aug 24 2015, 12:08:37 AM

I saw Stockholm Savings and thought it was merely okay. Decent performances and direction, but not a great update to Dog Day Afternoon. It tries to make a statement about race that is rather clumsy, and its treatment of the trans character doesn't get the modern-day update it needs. 

• Pretty Women in Sweeney Todd  Aug 23 2015, 07:02:50 PM

I always viewed the song as Sweeney attempting to ingratiate himself with the Judge in order to get close enough to make the kill (remember, he's still not the unchecked murderer he will vow to become in the very next song) and getting lost in his own obsessive reminiscing of his wife.

BROADWAYWORLD TV