Profile for Kad

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Kad
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Kad
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 7
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Who Tells Their Story? How Broadway's Diversity Conversation Leaves Out Asian-Americans  Sep 29 2016, 04:45:44 PM

It's a sad issue that extends beyond Broadway. There are regional theatres who would simply not be casting Asian actors unless had programmed Miss Saigon into their season. And while the African-American and Latinx theatre presence is quite strong, with prominent playwrights, actors, directors, it feels like the Asian-American theatre community is only ever just "developing." Even in the far more expansive and diverse off-Broadway scene, there will be only a few works that focus

• Worst Marketing you've seen.  Sep 29 2016, 01:24:25 PM

I believe Roundabout has an in-house team.

• Has Broadway seen the last of Angela Lansbury  Sep 29 2016, 12:19:48 PM

I have the feeling that Lansbury may not be returning to the stage again, unless a plum, fairly undemanding small role comes along.

• Lin-Manuel Miranda to host SNL  Sep 28 2016, 05:44:36 PM

Of course he's famous. The fact that he's famous for his theatre work is what is wonderful and, in this day and age, woefully rare.

• Josh Grisetti has talked to God?  Sep 28 2016, 03:40:14 PM

It's deity.

• Reviewing first or very early previews  Sep 28 2016, 01:16:12 PM

Have to agree: once you have started performances on Broadway and are charging full price, you are out of the safe development phase. Very few productions are able to make massive changes to their script or score during previews these days- shows like Shuffle Along, with extensive work being done in previews, are anomalous.

Word of mouth gets out- and why shouldn't it? There is no functional difference between the ticket for a preview and a ticket for post-opening.

• Lin-Manuel Miranda to host SNL  Sep 28 2016, 11:15:57 AM

Also: this is SNL, not Masterpiece Theatre. The best SNL hosts are charismatic, natural entertainers who are used to the demands of live performance and willing to put themselves out there and commit.

• Lin-Manuel Miranda to host SNL  Sep 28 2016, 10:59:21 AM

Having a personality known primarily for their Broadway work host SNL is incredible. He'll be great.

• Kevin Kline to Return to Broadway in PRESENT LAUGHTER!  Sep 27 2016, 03:30:44 PM

Hopefully Nina Arianda continues with it.

• Worst Marketing you've seen.  Sep 27 2016, 12:24:26 PM

In recent memory, I'd have to say the Side Show revival. It was vague and generically show-biz. The production was never gonna be a hit, but c'mon. It's a show about conjoined twins. Do something interesting with the posters.

• Time Out NY'a Best 21st Century Broadway Cast Recordings  Sep 27 2016, 11:40:23 AM

HogansHero said: "I am mystified that some people are glad (or sad) that some show is(or is not) on this list. All it is is the opinions of 2 human beings about what they like. Nothing objective about it. No prizes for winning. Why do we care? It's just the click bait they are trained to employ in the desperate hope it'll keep them afloat a bit longer."

Part of it click-bait, sure- that's how internet media has progressed. But rankings lists

• Riedel on Frozen's new creative team  Sep 27 2016, 11:26:57 AM

A performer singing "Let It Go" in a concert is not something Disney can authorize or stop.

• Time Out NY's Best 21st Century Broadway Cast Recordings  Sep 26 2016, 02:42:51 PM

No revivals or Off-Broadway recordings were considered. 

Best Cast Recordings of the 21st Century

• In your opinion who is the greatest playwright of the 20th century?  Sep 23 2016, 05:53:42 PM

I'm not a fan of Sarah Kane, either, Sally, and her work would never find its way onto my own personal Best Of lists.

• In your opinion who is the greatest playwright of the 20th century?  Sep 23 2016, 11:47:46 AM

I personally wouldn't include  Mamet on a list of greatest playwrights... and certainly not Labute, who, my personal opinion of his work aside (spoiler: I'm not a fan), is far too recent to assess in such a way. I don't think their works are especially timeless, and even their best works aren't even close to being masterpieces in the way Williams, Miller, Albee, or O'Neill's greatest works are.

• In your opinion who is the greatest playwright of the 20th century?  Sep 23 2016, 11:35:43 AM

Do you measure greatest by just the highpoints of a career, or the overall body of work? The more prolific of these playwrights have anywhere from one to a few plays I would consider to be masterpieces, but then the rest of the body work runs the gambit on quality.

• Riedel on Frozen's new creative team  Sep 23 2016, 11:09:46 AM

Stephen Daldry is a four-time Academy Award nominee, so... yes?

• Vocal Dubbing in the Film Version of INTO THE WOODS  Sep 23 2016, 10:59:04 AM

Sweetening, sure, but mixing with Murphy's vocals, who can say for sure? It's obvious that Streep can sing, and sing quite well, and had extensive vocal coaching and preparation for this role. Streep certainly approaches her singing from a character angle, which means how she sang in Mamma Mia and how she sang in Ricki and the Flash and how she sang in Mother Courage or how she sings in various concert performances will all be slightly different based on what she feels the r

• Taylor Mac: 24 Hours of Music History  Sep 23 2016, 10:39:21 AM

I was finally able to catch an installment of this last night- 1866-1896. What an incredible event it was! A lesbian acrobatic troupe, a blacklit, dayglo production of The Mikado set on Mars to illustrate the Orientalism and class divisions of the Gilded Age, a recreation of the Oklahoma land grab with balloons, and of course, Taylor Mac in jawdropping outfits and in fantastic voice.

There are only five performances left before the marathon (with 1956-1986 performed twice). They've

• Riedel on Frozen's new creative team  Sep 23 2016, 10:01:26 AM

Grandage is an odd choice. Not really someone known for directing large, splashy productions.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Back to Falsettoland w/ OBC - Passing the Torch
Backstage Bite
TV Exclusive: BACKSTAGE BITE with ALADDIN's Rodney Ingram!
Turning the Tables
Binge on TURNING THE TABLES!
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
TV:-LuPone's Autobio - Lands EVITA!
KID CRITICS
TV: KID CRITICS Swept Away at PHANTOM
BROADWAY SESSIONS
BWW TV Exclusive: THE LION KING Cast Roars at Broadway Sessions