Profile for Kad

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Kad
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Kad
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 7
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Isherwood's solo voice...  Dec 2 2016, 01:50:47 PM

He's had some odd reviews lately, even for him. His takes on The Harvest and A Life were both supremely misguided.

• Ride the cyclone MCC  Dec 1 2016, 01:09:46 PM

For what information, exactly? There's been no detailed discussion about the show's plot or its outcome, or even its staging.

• Ride the cyclone MCC  Dec 1 2016, 10:58:32 AM

I was there last night and had no idea it was opening. Certainly wasn't presented like a typical MCC opening- I assume they must have had the "event" opening on another performance.

I'm really surprised people like the show so much, Isherwood included. While it is a technically outstanding production (that Jane Doe number really is stunningly staged), the show itself just is... limp. It's" weird" in the way that Hot Topic is "weird."

For a show that is essentially a series of wo

• Ken Davenport --- has he sunken to a new low?  Nov 18 2016, 12:09:43 PM

Having open calls for publicity is certainly not a Davenport-devised trick, but openly discussing how to use them to sell tickets to the auditionees is certainly sleazy.

• NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews  Nov 18 2016, 12:07:59 PM

Yikes, when an above-the-title star like Groban is out, you owe it to the audience members- most of whom are probably there solely because of Groban- to let them know in a better way. The cast board is not effective. An email is not effective. A stuffer and an announcement are necessary. Hell, if this was due to an emergency and there wasn't time for a stuffer, an announcement is especially necessary.

• What went wrong with Dames at Sea ?  Nov 18 2016, 12:05:04 PM

Melissa25 said: "I loved this show and had a great time.  Personally I think Mara Davi should have been nominated for a tony.  She's a true triple threat and I wish we could see more of her on Broadway.  I just don't understand all the hate for this.  And John Bolton was outstanding.  Just stop. "

The show was objectively a flop. And it's not even a mystery as to why.

People on here, whenever there's

• Dead Poets Society @CSC  Nov 18 2016, 10:38:44 AM

In this production, Doyle's stripped-down approach just manages to reveal how trite the material is.

• Talkin' Broadway All That Chat  Nov 17 2016, 04:20:07 PM

I was never really able to engage myself on that board. I have an account I haven't touched and years and maybe used it to post three or four times.

It just always felt like virtually every element of ATC was pushing me away before I ever got into it.

• Andy Mientus joins Wicked tour..  Nov 17 2016, 01:56:38 PM

A tour like this is an excellent gig that most musical theatre performers would kill for. It's not The Tony Award Winning and Life-Changing Star Turn, but if that's the only thing you're seeking then you will literally never work and you should drop out of the field immediately and just buy a lottery ticket instead.

• Giant musical at the Public  Nov 17 2016, 01:02:26 PM

It's also a show-stopping song that occurs in the first twenty minutes or so.

• What went wrong with Dames at Sea ?  Nov 17 2016, 11:24:08 AM

Well, the central gag of Dames at Sea is that it's supposed to be a big, splashy 42nd Street-esque musical, complete with huge ensemble dances... performed with a handful of people on a shoestring budget in a tiny space for an audience who's in on the joke.

An "old fashioned" musical with a small cast could work on Broadway. But Dames at Sea was pretty much conceived to be an anti-Broadway musical. Plopping it down even in one of the smallest Broadway houses just

• What went wrong with Dames at Sea ?  Nov 17 2016, 10:36:03 AM

Yeah, Newintown's second point was a big one for me. This was a show that basically demands a roster of charismatic character actors and folks with star quality. This cast largely seemed like technically proficient chorus people.  

• What went wrong with Dames at Sea ?  Nov 17 2016, 09:50:31 AM

It shouldn't have been on Broadway. It undercut the whole conceit.

• Audra McDonald Lawsuit  Nov 16 2016, 12:57:21 PM

The trouble with affixing "accident" to a pregnancy is that accidents are unintentional. Wouldn't it need to be proven that Will Swenson and Audra McDonald were not intending to have a child? But, even if it weren't, and even though pregnancy was unlikely, it was still possible and shouldn't have Swenson and McDonald taken preventative measures? If they weren't, then weren't they knowingly engaging in risky behavior?

• IN TRANSIT Previews  Nov 16 2016, 12:02:36 PM

I don't even remember how that one got sorted out. My memory just blanks after the reveal.

• IN TRANSIT Previews  Nov 16 2016, 11:56:33 AM

In this day and age, such a wishy-washy "resolution" is absurd.

• IN TRANSIT Previews  Nov 16 2016, 10:04:34 AM

Wait- am I understanding correctly that the "resolution" to the gay storyline is "let's all keep lying to ourselves and we'll maybe figure it out someday"?

• Audra McDonald Lawsuit  Nov 14 2016, 01:15:07 PM

It is baffling that the producers are still trying to pin the failure of the show on McDonald's pregnancy- it was selling well, it scooped up 10 Tony nominations, it had other headlining performers. Audra was not the pole holding the tent up. I wholeheartedly agree with Lloyd's decision here.

• Beauty and the Beast  Nov 14 2016, 12:00:59 PM

I'm surprised at how dark and muted it looks, in terms of color and lighting.

• Question about Christian Borle's reaction to I'm Breaking Down  Nov 10 2016, 04:58:37 PM

Uh, no one said he doesn't. He just didn't after that performances. Actors have a right to not do so, whether they have guests, or a commitment, or if they simply don't feel like it.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Latest - STAGE TUBE: HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Drops an All-New Promo
Backstage with Richard Ridge
JERSEY BOYS' Mark Ballas
Backstage Bite
Thanksgiving Special!
Turning the Tables
Randy Rainbow w/ FIDDLER Cast
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
CHEWING THE SCENERY-Randy Rainbow Checks in with Liza Minnelli to Chat HAIRSPRAY LIVE!, Pence & More!
KID CRITICS
KID CRITICS at BLUE MAN!
BROADWAY SESSIONS
Open Mic'ers Bring It All to Broadway Sessions!

Advertisement