Advertisement

Profile for Kad

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Kad
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Kad
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 7
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • DISASTER(ous) Previews  Feb 12 2016, 02:29:51 PM

The Room or Ed Wood's films "work" because they're not intentionally bad. They take themselves very seriously. That's why they work as camp. 

Even Airplane!- the ur-example of disaster film parody- understood that and cast serious actors. 

• Nerds the musical to open at the Longacre theater this March!  Feb 11 2016, 03:51:07 PM

Disaster, to its credit, locked down names and announced them months ago. A smart move considering no one would care otherwise.

Nerds has got nothin'. 

• Nerds the musical to open at the Longacre theater this March!  Feb 11 2016, 12:38:50 PM

So this begins previews in less than 6 weeks and no casting has been announced. Do they even want people to be interested in this show?

• DISASTER(ous) Previews  Feb 11 2016, 12:32:39 PM

Two and a half hours is way too long for this kind of thing.

• Shuffle Along  Feb 10 2016, 11:24:17 AM

Rumors are circulating that Shrek3 doesn't believe anything he writes here and just wants to get a rise from people. Anonymous sources say he should be ignored. Word on the street is he's just another username by the same sorry troll who's been doing this here for years. 

• FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway  Feb 9 2016, 09:07:33 PM

broadwayboy223 said: "Is there any proof to suggest that Betsey was indeed being courted?

It seems likely to me she'd be used for demos, out of convenience and a working relationship with the writers. But being "courted"? They don't have the power to promise anything. 

• FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway  Feb 9 2016, 08:08:17 PM

At least they have the original songwriting team so there isn't such obvious discrepancy between new material and old. 

That being said, they're gonna need a decent amount of new score to make this a full musical. As it stands now, the unmemorable "Fixer Upper" is the last song in the score. 

• Cats allegedly headed for big screen  Feb 9 2016, 07:55:15 PM

You'd certainly need someone visionary like Del Toro. 

Certainly not Tom Hooper, who sorely lacks imagination and real vision as a director.

• Cats allegedly headed for big screen  Feb 9 2016, 12:58:47 PM

Surprised this hasn't been brought up yet: concept art for an attempt at an animated film adaptation from the early 90s by Amblimation, Spielberg's animation studio that shut down in 1997. 

http://io9.gizmodo.com/stunning-concept-art-for-spielbergs-animated-cats-movie-1599739506

• Streisand can't play Rose but Bette can play Dolly?  Feb 7 2016, 12:48:17 PM

dramamama611 said: "Ok....so if its not about age, then its simply about your disdain for the people that post here.  Simple solution: don't post/read/stop by."

Shrek3 has been coming here and starting $hit for so long, why would he stop now?

• Encores! A New Brain to get recording!  Feb 5 2016, 01:06:02 PM

I'm enjoying the recording very much, as well- aside from Borle, actually, whose choice of using a grand thespian voice for Bungee seems totally inexplicable. Perhaps I'm just used to Zien's smarmy New Yorker schtick. 

• Grease Live! Official Thread  Feb 1 2016, 12:44:59 PM

Grease isn't squeaky clean, Fischer-Price, rounded-edges fun time, sure. But I don't think it is inappropriate for a kid whose parents are savvy. It's a soft PG-13, much like The Force Awakens is (and seems to be dissuading no adults from bringing kids). 

I don't trust the MPAA to tell me what is appropriate for kids. A gay kiss, for instance. 

But  what do I know. My mother explained sex to me when I was in first grade when I asked

• Grease Live! Official Thread  Feb 1 2016, 12:22:46 PM

...except that it clearly does, otherwise he wouldn't show it to kids.

• Grease Live! Official Thread  Feb 1 2016, 12:15:11 PM

How about we as individuals gauge if something is appropriate for the kids in our lives to see, instead of relying on a ridiculous movie rating system that thinks sexuality and cursing is worse than blood and gore. 

I personally think Grease is totally fine for families, and most of its "adult" elements would go so far over the heads of kids.

• Grease Live! Official Thread  Feb 1 2016, 11:56:24 AM

jenn3258 said: "I predicted this show's success when it was first announced, and their cast was simply the cherry on the cake. If NBC is going to remain doing live musicals, they need to go for well known titles like Grease, West Side Story etc. I will not go into what I had predicted for both Pan and The Wiz, but simply put they were poor choices..

The Wiz had comparable ratings with Grease. So clearly the "poor choice" worke

• THE HUMANS Previews  Jan 31 2016, 04:31:49 PM

Braniff Forever said: "I just can't seem to like this play because Stephen Karam turned down my FB friend request! We have lots of mutual friends, but for some reason he said no dice. So after that, I've never liked him. "

Do you know him...?

• Bette Midler Confirms Broadway Return in HELLO DOLLY  Jan 31 2016, 12:28:44 PM

Creel is certainly the right age- he's 39 but certainly reads younger.

• BroadwayCon 2016 - Experience reports!  Jan 29 2016, 05:15:49 PM
    You might not find panels discussing such extremely niche topics in depth, or so many in one place, but there's no shortage of talks and discussions throughout the city that aren't majorly publicized. Drama Book Shop regularly has playwrights in for discussions, events occur at the 92nd Street Y regularly, there are workshops galore for performers at any number of venues, events occur at Signature, Lincoln Center, the Public, and more.

The industry is based here. Of course there's alwa
  • BroadwayCon 2016 - Experience reports!  Jan 29 2016, 01:42:26 PM
    I honestly don't know any locals who attended this event in a context not related to their jobs. Why would New York theatre fans, who have access to not just the shows but also many unique events year-round, shell out that kind of money to attend a more hectic, condensed, and commodified version of what they already have access to?

• Was the destructive power in Expressionist theatre ever fully-realized?  Jan 29 2016, 01:23:44 PM
    He gets points for trolling with flair, at least.

BROADWAYWORLD TV