Profile for Kad

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Kad
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Kad
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 7
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews  Oct 25 2016, 04:09:22 PM

...who cares if the comet is a single lightbulb? I mean, really? That's where people draw the line?

• Thoughts on Team StarKid?  Oct 25 2016, 03:25:38 PM

I thought their initial Harry Potter musical, with Darren Criss, was genuinely really funny and charming- if a bit sophomoric.

• Great Comet Digital Lottery  Oct 25 2016, 03:21:36 PM

Yes, twice at the tent in midtown, and then at ART.

• Great Comet Digital Lottery  Oct 25 2016, 03:07:39 PM

I lost tonight's lottery, but they seem to be offering $39 consolation tickets at the box office.

• SUNDAY at City Center performance thoughts/reviews  Oct 25 2016, 01:11:42 PM

Brantley isn't necessarily in charge of when his articles get published.

• SUNDAY at City Center performance thoughts/reviews  Oct 25 2016, 01:07:01 PM

"Move On" was stunning- but the moment that really touched me was in the finale as Ashford led Gyllenhaal around the stage and each cast member, one by one, acknowledged him.

• SUNDAY at City Center performance thoughts/reviews  Oct 25 2016, 12:52:15 PM

I see that the Times has quietly and quickly corrected the review, which initially stated that the original production of Sunday won the Tony.

• Supporting Actor Tony Race....  Oct 25 2016, 12:22:18 PM

For play or musical?

For musicals that are currently running / are transferring and are thus known, I would say the following would be in the mix:

Brandon Uranowitz, Falsettos

Lucas Steele, Great Comet

Corbin Bleu, Holiday Inn

Nick Cordero, Bronx Tale

For play- we don't yet know the response, even though there are certainly baity roles. I would be surprised if Oslo is not represented by Anthony Azizi or Michael Aronov.

• Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway  Oct 25 2016, 11:21:39 AM

Close, having already won a Tony for this role, will not be eligible.

• Best improvisation moments  Oct 25 2016, 10:38:58 AM

Yeah, there's a history of shows having a line or moment that's a designated "ad-lib" spot for a performer- and after night after night, the performer generally has a stock set of things they can fall back on. The amount of genuine improvisation in productions is really, really low.

• Best improvisation moments  Oct 25 2016, 10:22:55 AM

In the final performance of Xanadu, Jackie Hoffman rather infamously recreated the last scene of West Side Story.

• SUNDAY at City Center performance thoughts/reviews  Oct 25 2016, 09:51:10 AM

haterobics said: "Still on the fence about trying to go tonight...

If I don't know the show, and don't know the music, but don't necessarily have some of the same concerns about expecting a full production for a fundraiser, and realizing that I'll have to drive basically directly from work for 2 hours to get there....

Should I do it? I've always wanted to see this show, but might be better served with a fully staged production... Hmm... thoug

• Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street  Oct 25 2016, 09:35:11 AM

I have it on good authority that it will continue past April, and this is not a case of the early bird getting the worm.

• SUNDAY at City Center performance thoughts/reviews  Oct 24 2016, 11:42:39 PM

I thought both of Jake's City Center concert musical performances were on par with pretty much any male stage star I can think of who have done the same level of rehearsal/production. And, frankly, he's got star quality that a lot of polished BFA-holding musical theatre folks simply don't.  

If a big name screen talent wants to not only lend his star power to theatre, but continue working on his skills and going into worthy productions, and is also just good

• SUNDAY at City Center performance thoughts/reviews  Oct 24 2016, 11:26:53 PM

I agree that Jake needs to stop doing these concerts.

Because he needs to do a full production. 

It's really exciting to see a very talented star emerge as a musical theatre star, as well.

• SUNDAY at City Center performance thoughts/reviews  Oct 24 2016, 11:20:30 PM

Cusack was a great Yvonne. 

Ashford was a great Dot. 

This isn't a full production of the musical or a backer's audition. It's an event concert and a chance to see some unconventional and out-of-the-box casting choices.

• SUNDAY at City Center performance thoughts/reviews  Oct 24 2016, 11:10:39 PM

I was in the mid-balcony and there was certainly no mistaking the power of the vocals up there.

• SUNDAY at City Center performance thoughts/reviews  Oct 24 2016, 10:58:11 PM

I think you were expecting something that was never really promised. This was never meant to be a deeper presentation of the material. It was initially a one-night fundraiser for City Center. 

• SUNDAY at City Center performance thoughts/reviews  Oct 24 2016, 10:11:13 PM

ljay889 said: "Could anyone tell us how many musicians are in the orchestra? "

• SUNDAY at City Center performance thoughts/reviews  Oct 24 2016, 10:00:59 PM

I have to mention that Jake really, really nailed the dog section of "The Day Off," which I think is the trickiest thing an actor playing George has to do. He went up on a line but it didn't interfere. The sequence got a well-earned hand. 

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Back to Falsettoland w/ OBC - Passing the Torch
Backstage Bite
BWW TV Exclusive: BACKSTAGE BITE with Katie Lynch and AVENUE Q's Elizabeth Ann Berg
Turning the Tables
Randy Rainbow w/ FIDDLER Cast
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
SPAMILTON Takes Over at Broadway Sessions!