Profile for Kad

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Kad
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Kad
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 7
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • I want to like Ken Fallin's caricatures, but I dont  Jun 23 2017, 04:36:24 PM

I've always found Fallin's caricatures to be remarkably inert and lifeless- and I really don't love his style of putting the drawings over a colored background. It makes them look incomplete.

Squiggs' caricatures are far more bold and full of movement and character- though I think his splash page illustrations for shows can often be confusing to look at.

• Lin Manuel Miranda to Receive Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame...To Early?  Jun 23 2017, 11:53:34 AM

I was surprised he was getting one, especially since Weird Al was only just now receiving one after decades.

• THE BOYS IN THE BAND Broadway Revival - Spring 2018?  Jun 23 2017, 09:59:38 AM

Lea Michele as the band!

• Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?  Jun 23 2017, 09:59:09 AM

Why do people feel the need to try to spin drama out of almost nothing and pit two successful, talented, and professional women against each other?

• Musicals Dot Net Reveal Thread  Jun 22 2017, 10:15:20 AM

I didn't say anything about it not always being the case. I think it was a massive flaw baked into the board from the outset.

• Musicals Dot Net Reveal Thread  Jun 22 2017, 10:00:01 AM

ljay889 said: "I posted there before I joined here, but hardly remember much about it. I rmemeber the traffic decreasing rapidly over time, presumably because people migrated here. "

It also did not benefit the board that they split discussion into show-specific subforums. Dozens of them.

• Jerry Springer — The Opera’ Comes TO NYC for a run  Jun 22 2017, 09:58:41 AM

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "Every time I read the synopsis on Wikipedia, I'm floored by how twisted the whole thing is and how somebody actually came up with the...erm...plot. And by the fact that it actually gets produced multiple times while other shows wallow in anonymity!

Seriously, New Group? The Sutton Foster-led Sweet Charity...to this?!
    "

It was critically acclaimed and won multiple Olivier Awards in London. It was also bolstered by

• Jerry Springer — The Opera’ Comes TO NYC for a run  Jun 21 2017, 05:39:17 PM

I'm surprised it's taken almost 15 years, but I am glad it is happening.

• Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?  Jun 21 2017, 05:00:32 PM

Even if they loathe each other, they are professional enough to leave it offstage where it belongs.

• Broadway League Threatens Lawsuits Against Casting Directors  Jun 21 2017, 04:20:09 PM

Telsey + Co also has fairly demanding unpaid internships that they prefer to be full-time.

• Broadway League Threatens Lawsuits Against Casting Directors  Jun 21 2017, 11:25:13 AM

How are designers, choreographers, and directors- who are also unionized, with designers having their own companies- employed on productions? The model that is used for them can easily be applied to casting directors.

• Chose my seat - was it good?  Jun 20 2017, 11:51:54 AM

I sat in BB15 for Dave Malloy's performance post-Tony awards. It's an excellent vantage point for the whole production. The big interaction in the area is Anatole sitting down during "The Abduction," but there generally a lot of acknowledgment from the cast.

It is also probably the best vantage point to watch Grace McLean's track, if you're a fan (and I sure am).

• Can an actor be nominated for more than 1 Tony at a time?  Jun 19 2017, 05:18:32 PM

Mark Rylance did it, as Richard III and Twelfth Night were considered separate productions for the Tonys.

• Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018  Jun 19 2017, 02:56:33 PM

These threads make it seem like there's about 10 women working in musical theatre.

• Clearing up the foggy situation that is #PassarelleGate  Jun 16 2017, 09:58:33 AM

The passarelle excuse never really held water, and even if it did, there are certainly other numbers from the production that would show off Midler that would not require substantial restaging.  

The fact that Rudin chose what was perhaps the least appropriate number for the Tonys was nothing more than a clear snub at the whole ceremony for not kowtowing to the demands.

But it's certainly in line with his marketing strategy for the production, which is: "P

• Ingrid Michaelson to play Sonya in GREAT COMET  Jun 15 2017, 10:52:17 AM

The armchair producing that goes on here is mind boggling sometimes.

• ASSASSINS coming to Encores Off-Center  Jun 15 2017, 10:43:22 AM

little_sally said: "This cast is great and I'm so glad I got tickets when I did. I'm surprised to see that Oswald and the Balladeer are cast as separate performers. Is this how that it typically get cast now?"

They may have done that to expand the cast for this occasion.

• ASSASSINS coming to Encores Off-Center  Jun 15 2017, 10:42:36 AM

I am loving this cast. So full of wonderful and out-of-the-box choices... and it's an awesome meld of uptown and downtown talent.

• DEH Positivity Thread!  Jun 13 2017, 03:52:04 PM

I applaud everyone's bravery in coming out to say that they are fans of a critically lauded, commercially successful, and multiple award-winning musical. Truly, you all have been found and shall wave through windows no more.

• #TonysSoWhite ?  Jun 13 2017, 12:50:02 PM

Wilson is certainly very well-represented. The issue is that playwrights of color generally are not well-represented on Broadway or at the Tonys as a whole. The last African-American playwright, for instance, to win Best Play was actually Wilson himself... in 1987.