BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for Kad
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Kad
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 7
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • U.k. Union  May 24 2015, 12:45:18 PM

British Equity.

• Clinton the musical  May 23 2015, 07:21:57 PM

Well, Clinton received positive notices and isn't a financial hemophiliac. It is also doubtlessly cheaper to record the small cast and band of Clinton than the epic Zhivago. Apples and oranges here.

It's also being recorded by Ghostlight/Sh-K-Boom, a niche label, which often records off-Broadway shows that wouldn't be recorded otherwise.

Someone needs to pony up hundreds of thousands of dollars and a label has to be convinced to produce a Dr. Z recording. And I doubt any

• What song will they do at the Tonys?  May 22 2015, 12:29:45 PM
    "What if OTT did "Ya Got Me?" It features the principles, the ensemble, and most importantly Tony."

Well- it actually features all the principles BUT Tony. He's the recipient of the song but not as much of a participant.
  • Lifetime Achievement Award winners SHOULD be Celebrated as PART of The Tony Telecas  May 22 2015, 10:56:04 AM
    I find the Tony Awards far, far more watchable than the bloated Academy Awards, and I have to say that the reduced number of televised awards plays a big part in that.
  • Olives mom in Spelling Bee  May 22 2015, 10:35:35 AM
    It's been a long time since I saw Spelling Bee, but I really don't remember the joke being delivered or landing in a way that suggests pregnancy (compare to the joke in Hairspray, about the Corny Collins girl who takes an absence of 9 months).
  • Olives mom in Spelling Bee  May 22 2015, 09:28:14 AM
    I always took the story of Olive's mom at face value, just because it's so specific.

And "The I Love You" song will always make me teary, too.
  • Crucible Revival for Early 2016?  May 21 2015, 08:43:50 PM

William H. Macy is not right at all for John.  He would be, however, an excellent Reverend Parris.

• The Kristin/Kelli/Chita competition...  May 21 2015, 04:49:51 PM
    Was Idina really a surprise?
  • Will Lincoln Center Theater return to doing shows downtown ?  May 21 2015, 03:24:46 PM
    Hogan- I'm aware. Which is why I said the Theatre District is not considered the downtown portion of NYC.
  • Crucible Revival for Early 2016?  May 21 2015, 03:19:58 PM
    Viggo Mortenson is a great casting idea. He's been fairly low-profile in the last few years, hasn't he?
  • Will Lincoln Center Theater return to doing shows downtown ?  May 21 2015, 02:53:59 PM

This is so much hair splitting.

Lincoln Center is uptown from the theatre district.

The Theatre District is downtown from Lincoln Center.

The Theatre District is not considered the "downtown" portion of NYC.

• Tesori Cast Albums?  May 21 2015, 01:46:28 PM
    I agree about Shrek- a lot of it smacks of Tesori earning a check, but "Who I'd Be" really is gorgeous.
  • Crucible Revival for Early 2016?  May 21 2015, 12:42:58 PM
    I can't imagine this happening without a major star anchoring it.

Bradley Cooper would be a good John.
  • Crucible Revival for Early 2016?  May 21 2015, 12:09:58 PM

"According to an Actors' Equity casting notice, rehearsals will begin in January 2016 with a first preview currently scheduled for Feb. 29. The production will play a limited engagement through July 17."

I know rumors of a revival with Sophie Okonedo were around a few months ago, so I imagine this must be the same production.

• Do 54 Below shows start on time?  May 21 2015, 12:02:29 PM
    Subsequent shows do depend on the length of the show before them- I have been delayed up to 20 minutes because a prior show ran long, or was delayed.
  • Do 54 Below shows start on time?  May 21 2015, 10:54:21 AM
    Fun Home runs around 100 minutes, and will be starting several minutes after 8- you wouldn't be getting to 54 Below until 10 at the earliest.
  • re: FLEET WEEK's Rob Maitner wins 2005 Summer Theatre Festival Citations Aw  May 21 2015, 10:37:07 AM
    Who would've thought that ten years later, I would finally meet Robbie at the Duplex?

...a lot of people, probably.
  • THE VISIT to offer $19.75 seats through June 7th  May 20 2015, 10:24:12 PM

I'm surprised they didn't offer a discount like this for the first several previews. That really helped fill the houses of Hand to God, Something Rotten, and It Shoulda Been You.

• Will Lincoln Center Theater return to doing shows downtown ?  May 20 2015, 04:24:52 PM
    The Nance was only two seasons ago. Lincoln Center sometimes produces on Broadway as part of its season proper, but not every season.
  • Best Actor in a Musical  May 20 2015, 04:07:28 PM
    Gold Derby is an interesting read, but actually not super reliable for the Tonys. Looking back at the last few years, they missed a lot of major awards- even things that seemed fairly obvious.

BROADWAYWORLD TV