Profile for Kad
Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Kad
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Kad
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 7
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Razzle Dazzle- Michael Riedel's book  Oct 9 2015, 02:29:09 PM
    PJ- how, exactly, did Riedel research this?
  • Diversity on Broadway  Oct 9 2015, 12:27:42 PM
    "I personally think that broadway this season is diverse enough. If it stays this way, I think we are good."

Well, I'm glad that's settled.
  • Some people  Oct 9 2015, 11:23:21 AM
    I too am thankful for Gaveston and PalJoey- I may not always agree with their posts, but their breadth of knowledge and experience is invaluable.

I am thankful to have been blocked by After Eight, as his delusional fantasy world that he projects onto reality is terrifying.
  • 1776 Casting  Oct 9 2015, 09:58:39 AM
    "Molasses to Rum" is one of the most scathing pieces of musical theatre to ever be written- a thorough indictment of our forefathers and their complicity in the slave trade, even those who championed freedom. Its power would not be diminished if it were sung by an actor of color.
  • The Humans  Oct 9 2015, 09:38:02 AM
    I saw this last night and enjoyed it a great deal. It does not reach the heights of Sons of the Prophet, but nevertheless delivers a showcase for Karam's uncanny knack for dialogue and natural humor. It doesn't feel as rich as Speech & Debate or Prophet- in terms of themes or character, and the final sequence genuinely felt to me disconnected from everything that came before. Unlike the supernatural elements in John, which were strongly woven into a text that was already sort of dreamlike and cr
  • The Secret Garden 2016 Concert Presentation  Oct 8 2015, 02:46:01 PM
    Manhattan Concert Productions has offered a 20% discount code on their Facebook page: it's SECRET20.
  • The Battery's Down reunion is coming  Oct 8 2015, 02:38:44 PM

No- the plot was really nonsensical, the writing often very poor, and the show heavily constrained by its low/no budget. But that was 6 years ago, and I know Jake Wilson has been pursuing writing heavily since then.

• Hamilton's OBCR debut is  Oct 8 2015, 01:16:38 PM
    That is an amazing debut. I can't wait to see how Riedel tries to smear it!
  • The Battery's Down reunion is coming  Oct 8 2015, 12:24:44 PM
    The strength of the series was always its songs- a concert is a great idea.
  • The Secret Garden 2016 Concert Presentation  Oct 8 2015, 12:23:45 PM
    Sydney Lucas will be fantastic.
  • Gin Game Previews  Oct 7 2015, 11:53:00 PM

I saw this last week and it is one of the very, very few shows I have left at intermission. There was just no point in it for me- a plotless, unsurprising, static play, mired by Jones,  who is (sadly) no longer able to handle this much material effectively. Mumbling over lines he's forgotten or unsure of, dropping cues, and going through the motions of the staging- it was, for me, a sad performance to sit through. Tyson fairs better but is nothing more than serviceable.

Also: d

• Allegiance Previews  Oct 7 2015, 04:49:06 PM
    It's truly baffling that Arima- who has not proven himself to be a commercially viable director outside of Altar Boys (which is already forgotten and didn't exactly need brilliance at the helm)- continues to get notable projects.
  • Allegiance Previews  Oct 7 2015, 03:53:44 PM
    Where did Arima direct Ragtime?
  • Broadway Bound Musical Kris Kringle  Oct 7 2015, 12:27:16 PM
    Why, you're a one-man audience!
  • Razzle Dazzle- Michael Riedel's book  Oct 7 2015, 12:08:35 PM
    Which regular member of this board do we think is actually Riedel?
  • GIRLSTAR at Signature Theatre in D.C.  Oct 7 2015, 10:30:16 AM
    I saw a reading of this when it was called Tina Girlstar back in 2009, at New York Stage & Film/Powerhouse Theatre at Vassar. It a very fun, sort of campy show; I had assumed it simply was abandoned after all this time. I'm glad it's been worked on and having a production.
  • Why Does Nearly Every Broadway Show Still Release a Cast Album?  Oct 6 2015, 02:07:44 PM
    That was dicussed here, but I'm not sure what that has to do with New York Magazine, Jesse Green, or this specific article.
  • Why Does Nearly Every Broadway Show Still Release a Cast Album?  Oct 6 2015, 12:58:31 PM
    The article seems to be taken down- the link is now dead both here and on NYMag's site.
  • Why Does Nearly Every Broadway Show Still Release a Cast Album?  Oct 6 2015, 11:55:26 AM
    Not a lot of new information for the small group of people who already know the information, sure.
  • Hamilton  Oct 5 2015, 10:53:49 PM

Namo, you have a talent at flipping these stupid threads into something deliciously absurd.