Profile for Kad

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Kad
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Kad
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 7
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • The Humans to play the Hayes - sets dates  Nov 25 2015, 12:44:24 PM
    King Charles III is a critical and financial success, as well.
  • The Humans to play the Hayes - sets dates  Nov 25 2015, 12:32:45 PM
    AfterEight was telling Helen Hayes to get off his lawn when she was a girl.
  • The Humans to play the Hayes - sets dates  Nov 25 2015, 11:43:17 AM
    Well, not Roundabout so much as Scott Rudin.
  • The Humans to play the Hayes - sets dates  Nov 25 2015, 11:14:54 AM
    It'll be a tough sell, certainly, but is obviously being staged as a prestige piece with a good shot at awards. It obviously already has unanimous raves on its side.
  • Futurity  Nov 25 2015, 10:13:37 AM
    There's no recording of the score as it is now. However, they did put in "Singularity," which is from another one of The Lisps' albums called Are We At the Movies?.
  • Country discrimination  Nov 25 2015, 10:11:21 AM
    There is no point in engaging with Dave19 in any of his fantastic delusions.
  • Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 25 2015, 08:34:52 AM

You really seem to like cherry-picking the opinions that line up with your worst assumptions, don't you?

• Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!  Nov 24 2015, 04:29:53 PM
    Playbill's article on this starts with a sentence that I think is in startlingly poor taste: "New York will get a chance to express its solidarity with the French people in person next year when the Théâtre du Châtelet sends its revival of Singin' the Rain to Broadway."

• Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 24 2015, 10:44:17 AM
    "If I'm spending 157..."

...but are you?
  • 70th Tony Awards Thread  Nov 24 2015, 10:43:01 AM
    They should've just done it at the Rodgers to save everyone time.
  • Anybody see Wayne Brady in Kinky Boots?  Nov 23 2015, 05:04:20 PM
    No one here's seen him, but a bunch of people have seen the publicity photos and think that's basically the same thing!
  • Kelli O'Hara & Kelsey Grammer to Star In MY FAIR LADY On Broadway?  Nov 23 2015, 09:36:42 AM
    Benanti is just a few years younger than O'Hara and definitely looks like her peer.

I have a feeling Grammer would just do a British varient on Frasier.
  • Best Kander and Ebb Musical?  Nov 22 2015, 08:00:56 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Does anybody think that shows post ebbs death could've been better if he had the time to fix the lyrics?"

The lyrics haven't really been the issue.

• Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 22 2015, 07:01:53 PM

There's nothing in the Production rulebook that specifically prohibits glass on Broadway, but there are provisions for safety, which having glass objects involved in choreography would most likely violate.

• Chiffon never sings (Little shop of Horrors)  Nov 22 2015, 03:55:27 PM

I really doubt it was a conscious decision. They're minor characters that typically operate as a unit. 

• Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 22 2015, 03:17:55 PM

Everyone is aware Whizzer has missed first previews before, yes? 

• Best Kander and Ebb Musical?  Nov 22 2015, 02:40:26 PM

I mean, Side Show was completely unable to find audience not once, but twice in under two decades. It's just not a good show. 

I think The Visit could find an audience, but the Broadway premiere had an ad campaign that was vague on any aspect of the show except Chita. I don't particularly care for the show, but it's at least an interesting piece with a score that is sometimes very lovely. 

On topic: The Mendes incarnation of Cabaret (wit

• Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 21 2015, 07:51:50 PM

Hamilton22 said: ""If present day Tevye is perhaps his grandson, how would that spoil the ending

That's stretching....But if that's Sher's intention then he needs to clearly indicate in in the piece. Judging by the comments of those who have seen the show, he hasn't.."

Uh, the two people? One of whom thought it worked brilliantly but didn't want to spoil it? Considering I was able to at least surmise somet

• Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 21 2015, 05:25:48 PM

Have you seen the production? Is the concept that Burstein is "returning" to the village of his family?

• Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 21 2015, 05:20:15 PM

How does this sound like a hot mess? We have two reports thus far, one very positive and one mixed. And I still don't know what exactly we're getting with this revival.