Profile for Kad

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Kad
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Kad
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 7
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Aug 23 2016, 04:56:49 PM

Well, I imagine that Disney or Nickelodeon are more controlling when it comes to making sure their young, unknown talents stick around for a while.

• Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street  Aug 23 2016, 01:46:52 PM

I've heard that much of the cast will be British, but nothing is finalized.

• Best New Musical 2017- what will win?  Aug 23 2016, 01:45:55 PM

I'd rather wait and see what is actually opening this season before making predictions. As we have seen just this past season, nothing is set until the show is up.

• Bernadette Peters agenda  Aug 23 2016, 11:30:54 AM

The original London staging sat 35. Per the press release, this transfer will seat 130.

• HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Aug 22 2016, 03:15:30 PM

I thought The Wiz was the best of this crop of NBC broadcast musicals, but that's not saying much. I think it was assessed on a generous curve.

• Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street  Aug 22 2016, 02:07:59 PM

A transfer of the London production initially staged in an actual pie shop.

• Tony Yazbeck Composer?  Aug 22 2016, 01:06:53 PM

Playbill's nosedive in quality has really been startling. It used to be my primary theatre news source and now I rarely ever even visit it.

• Tony Yazbeck Composer?  Aug 22 2016, 12:19:03 PM

Lord, this is embarrassing. It's not like David Yazbek is some unknown.

• HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Aug 22 2016, 11:16:11 AM

Yeah, I think people here really underestimate how much of a pull Underwood was.

• HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Aug 22 2016, 10:30:33 AM

I think it's pretty clear that the wardrobe for this promo is not the finalized wardrobe for the broadcast. The finalized costumes probably don't even exist yet.  

• Rebecca back on?  Aug 19 2016, 03:36:33 PM

Its anachronistic score isn't the issue. Lots of things have anachronistic scores.

The issue is that this is a work in a style that is wildly out of vogue and has had no contemporary successes.  

You may as well open a women's clothing store that only sells garments with shoulder pads.
  • Rebecca back on?  Aug 19 2016, 11:05:14 AM

Eurotrash-

What Hogan stated is also plainly stated in the Deadline article. This ruling simply allows the lawsuit against Thibodeau to move to trial.

• Showtunes About What It Means to Be American  Aug 19 2016, 10:24:19 AM

I actually find it rather difficult to think of showtunes specifically about being American.

• Showtunes About What It Means to Be American  Aug 19 2016, 10:14:41 AM

"Another National Anthem" - Assassins

• Riedel on Groundhog Day coming to Broadway  Aug 19 2016, 10:13:51 AM

Riedel offers very little in the way of good dish or rumors nowadays. He's scooped by social media half the time.

• Natasha ... on-stage seating  Aug 19 2016, 09:57:26 AM

Limelight- as HSky said, there really was no central location. Action took place on all sections of the stage and on some platforms that were in the house. Stage seating locations were not ideal for a grand view of the entirety of the action.  

• Rebecca back on?  Aug 19 2016, 09:51:19 AM

A quick Broadway flop will certainly be the fitting anticlimax to this whole thing.

• Riedel on Groundhog Day coming to Broadway  Aug 19 2016, 09:49:14 AM

Riedel is notoriously atrocious at predicting what will be a hit and what will win awards, because he has absolutely no way to successfully gauge that on his industry sources. He is also on the record as saying he likes to stir the pot- his longstanding grudge against Hamilton was a result of him feeling it was getting too much positive press.

There's really no way to know how Groundhog Day will do in NYC until it's here. A Tony sweep, though, even now, seems unlikely. This is no Hamil

• HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Aug 18 2016, 12:07:11 PM

Oh, that's fun casting! Totally perfect for Martin.

• In The Heights revival?  Aug 17 2016, 01:13:57 PM

For the overwhelming majority of Americans, receiving nearly half of $96k would be potentially life-changing, even if that change is "just" paying off student or credit card debt.   

It's certainly enough to pick up and move to the Dominican Republic and settle there. It's probably far, far more than most immigrants from the Dominican Republic have when they come to NYC.

BROADWAYWORLD TV