Profile for StageManager2
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: StageManager2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 12 - 10
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Will anyone be tuning into Disney's Descendants?  Aug 1 2015, 02:44:13 PM

I read that Prince Ben's parents are referred to as 'Queen Belle' (ok) and 'Prince Beast' (?). Why not 'King Adam'? In Disney canon, 'Adam' has been the Beast's official name, even if it's never mentioned in the movie -- or Broadway musical, for that matter.

• Bizarre Tony nominations  May 9 2015, 02:21:00 PM

I forgot, Cats also won for Best Book, with the award going to long-dead T.S. Eliot, who obviously had nothing to do with that production other than his poems being the source for the show, which was entirely sung and had virtually no plot.

• Bizarre Tony nominations  May 9 2015, 02:02:32 PM

- Best Book of a Musical for Evita, which it won. The show is barely more than a string of songs with hardly a libretto, so I don't know how it got nominated in the first place.

- Speaking of Tim Rice, last year, he was nominated for Best Original Score for Aladdin even though he had nothing to do with the production other than having written the lyrics to some of the songs for the animated film 2

• Emma Watson to star in Condon's  Mar 6 2015, 07:39:02 PM
    About 40 years ago, Disney did a live-action television remake of "Cinderella" with a multi-ethnic cast.

Try 18 years ago. I'm assuming you're referring to the 1997 R&H Cinderella, with Brandy as Cinderella, Whitney Houston as the Fairy Godmother, Bernadette Peters as the Stepmother, Whoopi Goldberg as the Queen, Victor Garber as The King, and Paolo Montalban as the Prince.

Disney would not have attempted this in the seventies.
  • Emma Watson to star in Condon's  Mar 6 2015, 02:04:11 PM
    Incidentally, Hugh Grant was on Watch What Happens Live last week, and Andy Cohen asks him about his early movie, Maurice, except Cohen pronounced it as "Maw-REESE," but in the movie they say it like "Morris."

Anyway, the mention of Timothy Spall as Maurice made me wonder, how will they pronounce it, since the cast will be entirely British?
  • Emma Watson to star in Condon's  Mar 6 2015, 02:04:11 PM
    Incidentally, Hugh Grant was on Watch What Happens Live last week, and Andy Cohen asks him about his early movie, Maurice, except Cohen pronounced it as "Maw-REESE," but in the movie they say it like "Morris."

Anyway, the mention of Timothy Spall as Maurice made me wonder, how will they pronounce it, since the cast will be entirely British?
  • Emma Watson to star in Condon's  Mar 6 2015, 12:46:21 AM
    With the exception of Angela Lansbury and David Ogden Stiers, the film's vocal cast was all American. I don't think they worried about the American accents then.

It's weird that the animated films have American accents, but the live-action remakes (Maleficent, Cinderella, now Beauty and the Beast) will have British accents.
  • Emma Watson to star in Condon's  Mar 6 2015, 12:43:43 AM
    We had a lily-white Into the Woods, and we didn't "need" to.

They had a couple black people as extras during Cinderella's wedding.

Someone else mentioned that the upcoming live-action Cinderella also has multiracial extras and found it "neat." Well, I think it's insulting and just pandering to minorities. They're pretty much saying, we don't trust you for the major roles, but you can be one of the silent extras. They're just throwing in a few people of colo
  • Emma Watson to star in Condon's  Mar 4 2015, 11:58:11 PM
    Great, another Disney production with mainly British cast (Emma Watson, Luke Evans, Dan Stevens) that will also be filmed in England (a la Maleficent, Into the Woods, Cinderella).

Why does Disney hate America(ns)?
  • Joanna Gleason winning Tony for  Jan 5 2015, 07:16:42 AM
    Lupone was "devastated" each time she didn't win.

Why the quotation marks?

They probably gave the tony to Joanna because they knew Bernadette and Patti couldn't stay on the same stage...

Is there a LuPone-Peters rivalry?
  • Joanna Gleason winning Tony for "Into the Woods" (video)  Jan 5 2015, 05:29:16 AM
    She seemed genuinely shocked. I wish the Tonys did split screens like the Oscars, so we could see the other nominee's reactions when the winner is called. Particularly, Patti LuPone. In her 2010 memoir, she stated that she expected to win, because everyone was telling her so, especially after she won Drama Desk, and was so disappointed when she lost. So for those who remember, was Gleason really an upset?