Profile for SporkGoddess

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld SporkGoddess
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: SporkGoddess
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 8 - 4
AOL IM: PM if you want to know :D
Profile: I'm an absolute musical and opera nut.

Favorite Show(s): Coco
Floyd Collins
Jesus Christ Superstar
Miss Saigon
My Life With Albertine
She Loves Me
Side Show
Sweeney Todd
The Light in the Piazza
The Scarlet Pimpernel
West Side Story

Favorite Performer(s): Carl Anderson
Carolee Carmello
Audra McDonald
Brian Stokes Mitchell
Kelli O'Hara
Lea Salonga
Anthony Warlow
Colm Wilkinson

Currently Listening To: You name it!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Lyric changes in MISS SAIGON  Oct 2 2016, 03:40:23 PM

Yeah, I like a few of the new ones better.  Not most of them, though.

• MISS SAIGON IN THE CINEMA  Sep 24 2016, 09:18:18 PM

I liked Maybe. It made me feel more sympathetic to Ellen. She came across as less selfish and a "nicer" person than the other Ellen's I've seen . The song implies that she's considering the possibility  that maybe Chris married her out of confusion and depression and Kim is his real true love. Maybe. It added depth and shading to her character. 

It's not organic to the character, though, IMO.  Ellen doesn't seem like the type o

• MISS SAIGON IN THE CINEMA  Sep 23 2016, 03:07:02 PM

Yeah, I disliked about 90% of the lyric changes. Some were better but most of them weren't. 

• MISS SAIGON IN THE CINEMA  Sep 23 2016, 02:07:49 PM
    Wasn't Jon Jon Briones also in the ensemble?

In the tour I saw years ago (2004-ish?) Ellen takes Tam's hand at the end.

Edited to add back my previous comment because Lizzie is too quick for me
  • Vocal Dubbing in the Film Version of INTO THE WOODS  Sep 23 2016, 10:28:09 AM

Has anyone compared how she sounds in ITW to how she sounds in Ricki and the Flash?  She sings a lot in that movie.

• MISS SAIGON IN THE CINEMA  Sep 23 2016, 10:21:40 AM

It was absolutely amazing!  It looked and sounded fantastic. The production is a lot grittier than what I'm used to, so I think the show hit me even harder than usual (and that's saying a lot).  I also wasn't a huge fan of some of the lyric changes.  This was my first time really experiencing "Maybe" in context and I'm sorry to say that I don't like it.  I just don't think it seems like an organic response and what Ellen would really be fe

• Just listened to  Sep 22 2016, 07:22:36 PM

I felt the same way when I saw the tour.  I loved the score and wasn't sure how I'd feel about the actual stage production (especially since I hate the movie), but it was amazing.  I'm so glad that I saw it.

• MISS SAIGON IN THE CINEMA  Sep 22 2016, 03:52:32 PM

I'm going tonight!  So excited. I saw the non-equity US tour twice (with Jon Jon Briones as the Engineer), but that's it.

• She Loves Me streaming  Jul 1 2016, 01:01:23 AM

Great GIF!  Is there one of Laura Benanti dropping the ice cream and then eating it?  I would use that in so many situations.

• She Loves Me streaming  Jun 30 2016, 10:37:16 PM

They said it'll be available July 1.

And wow, that was so wonderful! I can't stop smiling.

• She Loves Me streaming  Jun 30 2016, 08:49:16 PM

I gave up, registered a new account, and bought it again. Watching now and the quality is great! Hope they give me a refund.

• She Loves Me streaming  Jun 30 2016, 08:22:57 PM

I foolishly purchased through my Google account and it keeps giving me an error when I'm trying to login.  Sigh.

• Sara Bareilles, Rebel Wilson to lead THE LITTLE MERMAID at Hollywood Bowl  Jun 5 2016, 03:55:57 PM

I saw it this weekend.  I agree that Rebel Wilson was "eh."  I thought that Darren Criss was the real weak link, though, especially when he was singing the quartet with everyone else (vocally, I'm just not impressed by him).  Overall it was great, though!  Sara Bareilles has a phenomenal voice.  This was my first time seeing Norm Lewis live and he sounds even more incredible in person!  Titus Burgess was great as well, you could tell that he had don

• Worst song ever written for a musical  Jun 1 2016, 05:26:25 PM

I hate "The Morning Report."  They also included it in one of the anniversary DVD releases of the Lion King.  So now I have to hear it whenever I watch the DVD.

However, with regards to the LK musical, I think that "Chow Down" is worse.  Not sure if it's the worst of any musical, ever, though. 

• ANASTASIA in CT  May 18 2016, 05:50:36 PM

Thanks for the reviews!  I wanted to ask: do Dmitry and Anya still have the love/hate thing going on, like they did in the movie?  Wasn't sure from what I've been reading.

• The Last Five Years (The Movie, The Thread)  Feb 16 2015, 02:43:14 PM
    I have a question, speaking of muddling the timelines. When Cathy sings "When You Come Home to Me" during "A Miracle Would Happen," is that during her timeline or Jamie's? I always thought it was during hers, but the movie confused me.

• The Last Five Years (The Movie, The Thread)  Feb 15 2015, 09:31:29 PM
    Jamie was more likeable to me - and the film made the breakup seem more of Cathy's fault for being needy to the point where she can't be supportive

See, I thought that Cathy's whole diatribe before "If I Didn't Believe in You" makes her seem more sympathetic. According to her, he just brings her to those parties to ignore her and flirt with other women. She says she just sits there at the bar all night and no one talks to her. And Jamie never addresses that, but instead j
  • The Last Five Years (The Movie, The Thread)  Feb 14 2015, 11:56:12 AM
    I saw it last night with my husband, who knew from me that the timelines are opposite but didn't have any other knowledge about the show.

I really liked it. I didn't really like Anna Kendrick vocally (she straight toned way too often for me), but I loved her acting. She broke my heart in "Still Hurting." Thought Jeremy Jordan was good but nothing amazing. Granted, I'm not sure he had a lot to work with.

Does the stage show ever even say that Jamie is sleeping with Elise? I'v
  • James Barbour is in my opinion a Sex Offender  Jan 17 2015, 02:14:29 PM
    Just a few thoughts.

1. I actually remember at least one or two threads on here when Barbour was cast in Rocky Horror. So there was some outrage, although it wasn't to the same level.
    2. Unlike stealing a loaf of bread to feed your sister's starving children, sexual offenses have a high recidivism rate. That's why we have the registry (which, admittedly, has a lot of flaws) and why a sexual offense tends to follow someone throughout their whole life.
    3. The fact that t
  • Jekyll & Hyde Film version  Dec 16 2014, 09:03:22 PM
    Even if she could handle it vocally, McPhee is a terrible actress. She's been fairly decent-ish on Scorpion but I don't think she could handle Lucy in a way that wouldn't be unintentionally hilarious.

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Back to Falsettoland w/ OBC - Passing the Torch
Backstage Bite
TV Exclusive: BACKSTAGE BITE with AVENUE Q's Elizabeth Ann Berg
Turning the Tables
Randy Rainbow w/ FIDDLER Cast
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
2nd Annual ElphaBall Takes Over Tonight's BROADWAY SESSIONS