Advertisement

Profile for somethingwicked

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld somethingwicked
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: somethingwicked
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 2 - 14
Favorite Show(s): A Little Night Music
Bernarda Alba
Caroline, or Change
Company
Dreamgirls
Gypsy
Marie Christine
Merrily We Roll Along
Ragtime
See What I Wanna See
Strike Up the Band
The Light in the Piazza

Favorite Performer(s): Victoria Clark
Hunter Foster
Laura Michelle Kelly
Lauren Kennedy
Norm Lewis
Audra McDonald
Tonya Pinkins
Michael Rupert
Mary Testa
Barbara Walsh
Lillias White

Currently Listening To: A... My Name Will Always Be Alice

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Shakespeare in the Park 2015 Rumors  Jan 26 2016, 10:03:43 PM

Dan Sullivan directing Lily Rabe and Hamish Linklater in THE TAMING OF THE SHREW seems inevitable.

• Bette Midler Confirms Broadway Return in HELLO DOLLY  Jan 19 2016, 09:55:32 PM

Here's hoping this production is racially diverse.

Outside of Brian Stokes Mitchell, the casting suggestions in this thread are blindingly white.

• Beautiful Movie Cast  Jan 8 2016, 11:00:47 PM

Jessie Mueller will be too old to do the movie by the time it happens.

The Sony leaks revealed their film rights to the show only kick in after its run on Broadway for several years so we won't be seeing this any earlier than 2019.

• Chicago Hamilton Dream Casting  Jan 3 2016, 11:45:00 PM

Chicago is about a two and a half hour drive from Madison, Wisconsin where Karen Olivo now lives. It's not inconceivable that she could end up in the production there. I'm sure working on something this major close enough to home to go back on her days off would be appealing to her.

Lord knows she'd be a dynamite Angelica.

• Chicago Hamilton Dream Casting  Jan 3 2016, 08:25:32 PM

Anika Noni Rose brought a lovely wit and pathos to Angelica in the reading of the first act at Vassar. They hadn't quite figured out the character's musical style yet at that point. I remember the transitions in "Satisfied" between when she'd rap and when she'd sing feeling very rough and jarring, as if they weren't quite sure yet whether they wanted it to be more of a patter song with sustained singing throughout (as it is now) or something else entirely.

• Josh Groban to star in The Great Comet of 1812 on Broadway in September  Dec 14 2015, 12:01:10 AM

I don't know that Phillipa Soo will want to jump into another Broadway show for a year with no chance to take advantage of the attention she's gotten from HAMILTON, particularly one she's already done in New York multiple times.

Chalk this up as another Broadway transfer for ART. The amount of shows that have come from Boston to New York since Diane Paulus's tenure is staggering. This will be the seventh show to move in her seven years there (including ONCE,

• THE COLOR PURPLE Reviews  Dec 10 2015, 11:11:47 PM

Brantley really hits the nail on the head about what Jennifer Hudson pulls off here: she makes Shug vulnerable and wounded.

It's a bold and inspired choice that reveals who the character really is beyond the glittering object of desire she's perceived as by most of the other characters. It illuminates a whole new dynamic in why the connection forms so deeply between her and Celie. You suddenly see them as two women who've had a parallel experience living their e

• Steve Pasquale in Robber Bridegroom!  Dec 7 2015, 04:14:12 PM

Has anyone heard of any additional casting for this?

• Megan Lawrence  Nov 29 2015, 05:31:49 PM

Does anyone know what happened to her?

I so enjoyed her work in THE PAJAMA GAME and HAIR but she seems to have fallen completely off the radar in the last five years.

• Likelihood of INVISIBLE THREAD Transferring?  Nov 28 2015, 04:31:52 PM

As far as Second Stage's programming at the Helen Hayes, Carole Rothman has already gone on record saying the focus there will be presenting new American plays on Broadway, not musicals.

• School of Rock Previews  Nov 12 2015, 11:18:13 PM

I echo the sentiment here that Sierra Boggess is woefully miscast on a variety of levels. From what I understand, the entire re-conception of the character was done by Andrew Lloyd Webber specifically with her in mind, which may explain the misguided logic at play.

Rosalie starting the show as a soprano ingenue to evoke the sophistication of the prep school world isn't a terrible idea, but it only works if there's a successful pay off when she transforms later on. U

• Oh, Jesus. Ryan Murphy Still Wants To Destroy FUNNY GIRL  Oct 27 2015, 12:36:29 AM

Anyone who actually watched the clip could see how painfully obvious Murphy made it that this is never happening.

• Sienna Miller offered HALF a male co-star...  Sep 28 2015, 02:04:14 PM

Now we know what Miller was offered.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jeff-daniels-michelle-williams-star-827549?utm_source=twitter

• Hamilton absences  Sep 26 2015, 12:17:17 AM

The LOOKING movie will film in San Francisco for a month from late October through late November. As others have said, they're in pre-production now.

(SPOILERS) Considering the events of the second season finale, it's perfectly plausible that Russell Tovey's role in the final installment could be minimal. If time has passed in the world of the show between then and when the movie picks up, there's a very real possibility he could not be in it at all. (/SPOIL

• Sutton Foster Possible Broadway Return This Spring?  Sep 7 2015, 01:23:58 PM

The interview posted in this thread is from May. THE WILD PARTY didn't happen until July, so logic would lead one to believe Foster is talking about a different Broadway-bound project.

• LaChanze in Ragtime  Aug 30 2015, 05:17:58 PM

adamgreer, Barbara Walsh replaced Donna Bullock as Mother in Chicago when Bullock left to replace Marin Mazzie in the Broadway company. Stephanie Mills was playing Sarah in Chicago by the time Walsh joined.

• Roundabout's unannounced show for this season?  Aug 29 2015, 04:49:49 PM

A play by a white male playwright with a white male director and an all-white cast.

• Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!  Aug 19 2015, 03:00:24 PM

JBroadway, Silber already played Hodel in the 2007 West End revival of FIDDLER.

• Shuffle along casting  Aug 9 2015, 02:28:37 PM

Scott Rudin may want to position the show that way to avoid competition with HAMILTON, but based on how it's been described, they'll never get away with it.

• Dream Cast Meryl Streep  Aug 9 2015, 12:36:24 PM

I find the continued casting of Streep in every prime role for an actress over fifty a real disservice to her colleagues, many of whom would be far better suited to many of the roles she plays. I would have preferred to see Frances McDormand in DOUBT, Sissy Spacek in AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY, Melissa Leo in RICKI AND THE FLASH, Emma Thompson in THE IRON LADY, etc.

It's telling how you don't see one male actor playing all the good roles that come along for a certain age range.

BROADWAYWORLD TV