Profile for somethingwicked

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld somethingwicked
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: somethingwicked
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 2 - 14
Favorite Show(s): A Little Night Music
Bernarda Alba
Caroline, or Change
Marie Christine
Merrily We Roll Along
See What I Wanna See
Strike Up the Band
The Light in the Piazza

Favorite Performer(s): Victoria Clark
Hunter Foster
Laura Michelle Kelly
Lauren Kennedy
Norm Lewis
Audra McDonald
Tonya Pinkins
Michael Rupert
Mary Testa
Barbara Walsh
Lillias White

Currently Listening To: A... My Name Will Always Be Alice

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • FALSETTOS Previews  Oct 12 2016, 08:39:00 PM

Has anyone used their LincTix yet? I know they check ID to verify the age for the member whose name the tickets are under, but because they're allowing one person to buy two tickets for this production, are they also checking ID to verify the age of the member's guest?

• Jenna Ushkowitz to Step in for Kimiko Glenn in WAITRESS  Oct 5 2016, 07:58:33 PM

I've heard Jenna Ushkowitz is leaving the show later this month to head back to LA but that Kimiko Glenn will not be returning.

• Paula Vogel's INDECENT to Broadway?  Aug 25 2016, 10:55:10 PM

Much like Vogel, it's equally as astonishing that Lynn Nottage has yet to be represented on Broadway either. RUINED not transferring after its staggering and continuously extended run at MTC remains a mystery (something I know Nottage herself has also expressed frustration with.)

Further proof that female writers are still sorely lacking in support when it comes to commercial theater.

• HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Aug 15 2016, 12:58:07 PM

Not sure who your friend saw, neonlightsxo, but it was definitely not Brandon. He doesn't go into the show until next week.

That linked Instagram post from Sasha Hutchings was referring to the fact that this is the second show she's done with Brandon, not the second performance of HAMILTON she's done with him.

• Mandy Gonzalez to Join HAMILTON on Broadway  Aug 1 2016, 09:13:15 AM

She will succeed Renee Goldsberry as Angelica in October. Josh Henry will play Burr in Chicago.

• And the 2016 Hollywood Bowl Summer Musical Is...???  Jul 31 2016, 03:25:03 PM

Did they add in bows at the very end separate from the finale for this?

Doesn't that go against the entire message of the finale, where these people you've spent the whole evening getting to know blend back into the chorus?

• MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?  Jul 23 2016, 01:42:00 PM

broadwayguy91, anyone who belts as high as Erivo does has a legit soprano voice.

• MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?  Jul 23 2016, 11:25:45 AM

Cynthia Erivo would be an inspired and incredible choice for Eliza.

• Annie Golden, Broadway Bounty Hunter  Jul 20 2016, 08:03:36 PM

Is anyone else made uncomfortable by the prospect of a "Blaxploitation spoof" done by an entirely white creative team as a starring vehicle for a white actress?

The idea alone seems like using a device that exploited black culture to exploit it even further.

• Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday  Jul 14 2016, 12:16:41 AM

To clear up some of the confusion in this thread: the official press release the show put out announcing the recent cast changes made no mention of Daveed or Renee extending their contracts. That information was reportedly separately in the Hollywood Reporter, which cited an independent "source" as having confirmed it. Almost all of the theater publications that announced the cast changes then lopped the information about David and Renee into their stories as if it was also being of

• Speech and Debate film (adaptation of Stephen Karam's play) news?  Jul 5 2016, 01:35:54 AM

The film finished shooting in August of last year. Last I heard the plan was to submit it to festivals this fall in hopes of securing distribution for a spring release.

• HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Jul 4 2016, 07:16:51 PM
    Valentina3, Headley is contracted with THE COLOR PURPLE through November.
  • HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Jul 3 2016, 08:39:14 PM

I've heard Miguel Cervantes is only in the Broadway production temporarily until he leaves to lead the Chicago company.

• Jake Gyllenhaal in Sunday in the Park  Jul 2 2016, 10:00:39 PM

This is a gala performance as an evening to honor Adrienne Arsht, not a typical concert.

I'd be very surprised if a second performance was added.

• Bette Midler Confirms Broadway Return in HELLO DOLLY  Jul 1 2016, 06:48:55 PM

If Bette only wanted to do 7 shows a week (and committed to appearing in every performance), wouldn't it be a better decision to only offer 7 performances a week? That's what they just did with Long Day's Journey Into Night.

That's precisely what I've heard is being planned.

Klea Blackhurst was a wonderful Dolly at Goodspeed a few years ago. She'd be an ideal standby for Midler given how similar a presence they have.

• HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Jun 28 2016, 09:41:08 PM

That's not Mandy Gonzalez. It's Lexi Lawson, who played Vanessa in the touring company of IN THE HEIGHTS and Mimi in the 2009 tour of RENT with Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp.

• Will any of the original Principals be in Hamilton after July 9th?  Jun 14 2016, 04:26:22 AM

yknot, the project you're referencing is a side effect of Soo already planning a temporarily move to Los Angeles, not the other way around.

• Will any of the original Principals be in Hamilton after July 9th?  Jun 13 2016, 07:51:40 PM

Phillippa leaving has not been a secret. Steven Pasquale's television pilot for CBS was picked up to series and will be filming in LA. She tweeted herself that they were California bound the day the announcement was made.

• Will any of the original Principals be in Hamilton after July 9th?  Jun 13 2016, 04:04:43 PM

I would be very, very surprised if Renee Goldsberry stays. She has talked quite openly about being excited for other people to have the opportunity to take on the role of Angelica and feeling like she's really had the chance to live in the role between the runs at The Public and on Broadway.

If anyone is going to want to pursue other opportunities that will come their way from this experience, it's her.

• The Color Purple (reprise)  Jun 9 2016, 11:59:19 PM

On a similar note, in "Too Beautiful For Words," the lyric is, "But when I see what's in your heart all the rest is blurred." Both both when I saw the show last week and in the b-roll, Heather Headley sings, "But when I see what's in your heart all the past is blurred."

Jennifer Hudson sang it as written when I saw her live and on the new cast recording. Curious.

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Back to Falsettoland w/ OBC - Passing the Torch
Backstage Bite
TV Exclusive: BACKSTAGE BITE with AVENUE Q's Elizabeth Ann Berg
Turning the Tables
Randy Rainbow w/ FIDDLER Cast
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
2nd Annual ElphaBall Takes Over Tonight's BROADWAY SESSIONS