Profile for somethingwicked
Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld somethingwicked
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: somethingwicked
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 2 - 14
Favorite Show(s): A Little Night Music
Bernarda Alba
Caroline, or Change
Marie Christine
Merrily We Roll Along
See What I Wanna See
Strike Up the Band
The Light in the Piazza

Favorite Performer(s): Victoria Clark
Hunter Foster
Laura Michelle Kelly
Lauren Kennedy
Norm Lewis
Audra McDonald
Tonya Pinkins
Michael Rupert
Mary Testa
Barbara Walsh
Lillias White

Currently Listening To: A... My Name Will Always Be Alice

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Sienna Miller offered HALF a male co-star...  Sep 28 2015, 02:04:14 PM

Now we know what Miller was offered.

• Hamilton absences  Sep 26 2015, 12:17:17 AM

The LOOKING movie will film in San Francisco for a month from late October through late November. As others have said, they're in pre-production now.

(SPOILERS) Considering the events of the second season finale, it's perfectly plausible that Russell Tovey's role in the final installment could be minimal. If time has passed in the world of the show between then and when the movie picks up, there's a very real possibility he could not be in it at all. (/SPOIL

• Sutton Foster Possible Broadway Return This Spring?  Sep 7 2015, 01:23:58 PM

The interview posted in this thread is from May. THE WILD PARTY didn't happen until July, so logic would lead one to believe Foster is talking about a different Broadway-bound project.

• LaChanze in Ragtime  Aug 30 2015, 05:17:58 PM

adamgreer, Barbara Walsh replaced Donna Bullock as Mother in Chicago when Bullock left to replace Marin Mazzie in the Broadway company. Stephanie Mills was playing Sarah in Chicago by the time Walsh joined.

• Roundabout's unannounced show for this season?  Aug 29 2015, 04:49:49 PM

A play by a white male playwright with a white male director and an all-white cast.

• Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!  Aug 19 2015, 03:00:24 PM

JBroadway, Silber already played Hodel in the 2007 West End revival of FIDDLER.

• Shuffle along casting  Aug 9 2015, 02:28:37 PM

Scott Rudin may want to position the show that way to avoid competition with HAMILTON, but based on how it's been described, they'll never get away with it.

• Dream Cast Meryl Streep  Aug 9 2015, 12:36:24 PM

I find the continued casting of Streep in every prime role for an actress over fifty a real disservice to her colleagues, many of whom would be far better suited to many of the roles she plays. I would have preferred to see Frances McDormand in DOUBT, Sissy Spacek in AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY, Melissa Leo in RICKI AND THE FLASH, Emma Thompson in THE IRON LADY, etc.

It's telling how you don't see one male actor playing all the good roles that come along for a certain age range.

• Shuffle along casting  Aug 9 2015, 12:25:06 PM

If they're contextualizing parts of the actual show with new material about its creation, I can't imagine a world where they get away with ruling it a revival. That framework changes the entire scope of the piece.

That said, with this team, this is already a can't-miss event.

• THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Aug 5 2015, 08:27:28 AM

This is a different Shanice Williams. She's 18 years old. Video from The Today Show below.

• The Color Purple Marquee is up.  Jul 29 2015, 07:55:46 PM

Danielle Brooks will be wrapped on the new season of ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK before THE COLOR PURPLE even starts previews. She only has to do double duty during rehearsals.

• THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Jul 29 2015, 07:35:50 PM

E! is reporting Uzo Aduba is also in the mix for the show, though I'm inclined to think she'd be a candidate for Addaperl rather than a back-up Glinda as they imply.

• THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Jul 29 2015, 01:14:47 PM

Heather Headley was the first person who came to mind for me when thinking of someone to play Addaperle, though I imagine much of that character's material may change in the re-write being done by Harvey Fierstein. Her whole persona feels the most dated of anything in the show.

• Allan Cummings in Hedwig?  Jul 21 2015, 12:01:44 AM

I don't know about Broadway but I have heard rumblings Cumming was or is the leading candidate to bring this production of HEDWIG to the West End next year, contingent on what happens with THE GOOD WIFE (there's been speculation this could be the final season.) I imagine that would be infinitely more appetizing to him than closing the show here in New York.

• Kelli O'Hara and Adam Guettel  Jul 19 2015, 01:22:13 AM

Celia Keenan-Bolger's performance had nothing to do with her dismissal from the show. Ultimately, the decision was made that she read too young and naive for the audience to fully trust Clara's relationship with Fabrizio. Whereas with Keenan-Bolger that storyline felt a bit like Clara was being taken advantage of, with a more womanly actress like Kelli O'Hara in the role, it was clearer that Clara was mature enough to handle the emotional experience of love despite her handicap.

• Kelli O'Hara and Adam Guettel  Jul 18 2015, 10:34:43 PM

Celia Keenan-Bolger played Clara out of town, the role O'Hara moved into in New York. O'Hara played Franca (a different character.) There's nothing to disagree over. Both O'Hara and Keenan-Bolger were in the show at the same time.

• Kelli O'Hara and Adam Guettel  Jul 18 2015, 10:16:17 PM

Incorrect, Wilmington. Kelli O'Hara played Franca in both Seattle and Chicago and was in fact dating Adam Guettel during that time frame.

• Joaquina Kalukango in Color Purple  Jul 18 2015, 12:00:03 PM

This production has structured the three Church Ladies as the female principal understudies, so I would imagine Kalukango is also covering Celie if she is indeed in the show.

• The Wild Party Opens This Week  Jul 16 2015, 11:38:44 PM

When I say the kind of singing in the show is not Sutton's forte, I primarily refer to the consistently intense vocal stamina required. She has a terrific high belt, to be sure, but most shows she's done have really only had one big number where she's had to sing that way ("Gimme Gimme" in Thoroughly Modern Millie, "Astonishing" in Little Women, "Show Off" in The Drowsy Chaperone, etc.)

As originally written, Queenie has song after song after song that are all like that. "

• The Wild Party Opens This Week  Jul 16 2015, 11:20:16 PM

It seems fairly clear to me the real motivation behind getting rid of "Out Of The Blue" and "How Did We Come To This?" was to placate Sutton Foster's voice. She sounds great in the show, by most accounts, but she dropped out of a benefit as recently as last week because of bronchitis that's plagued her for almost a month. Immediately before that, she canceled a string of concert appearances for the same reason. You're telling me it's a creatively-motivated coincidence two of her character's h