Profile for EricMontreal22

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld EricMontreal22
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: EricMontreal22
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 3 - 14
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 28 2015, 04:22:42 PM

Hamilton22 said: "He STILL hasn't done away with the stagehand crap? Oy!

Is it meant to play into the framing device and just isn't registering with audiences?  It seems like such an easy fix (I mean, they could even just put the stage hands in basic costumes) that to not have addressed it by this point seems on purpose.

• Fiddler on the roof film better than the broadway show?  Nov 26 2015, 04:28:42 PM

I love that (Canada's own!) Norman Jewison did Fiddler and JCS back to back--since they are both so different.  I LOVE both--I know JCS divides fans of that show sharply, but oh well.  I also think they are the peak of Jewison's career (although I am personally very fond of Agnes of God, as well.)

Fiddler is an interesting case, I think.  It opened over half a year before the show closed on Broadway which (I think?) was pretty rare, especially back then.  Rob

• Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...  Nov 25 2015, 08:58:17 PM

While I am not totally against this, I did chuckle at the quote about the lucky people getting a Red Lobster or something there now...

• Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!  Nov 23 2015, 11:46:49 PM

Is there any connection between the productions?  I see that Stephen Mears choreographed both

• Light in the Piazza at the Goodman  Nov 23 2015, 05:48:03 PM

I saw the earlier Seattle run.  I thought Celia was good, but the great loss for me was Stephen Pasquale having to leave due to his TV show--I found him utterly compelling, much more so than Morrison on the cast album, or Lazar in the telecast.

• Remembering THE BOYS FROM SYRACUSE (77 years later)  Nov 23 2015, 01:31:31 AM

The Stratford production is online

• ALW calls Lion King Copycats!  Nov 18 2015, 03:14:55 AM

Getting the rights to a property isn't really copying it. And Shakespeare never copied anyone

• What are Your Favorite Rodgers & Hammerstein Lesser Known Songs?  Nov 18 2015, 12:06:23 AM

broadwaysfguy said: "jv92 said: "To add to the post-1951 discussion:

I just think the shows are uninspired and blame mean old man Rodgers. I think he stopped caring about whether the property really "sang", and dragged Oscar into anything that seemed feasible, but in the end, wasn't really right.

thanks for you inputs jv92. Was Rodgers known to be a "m

• Michael Bennett's Attempt to Fix  Nov 18 2015, 12:00:47 AM

Yeah the Neil Simon stuff has been very well documented (Mandelbaum's Bennett book brings it up, for example,) but I have never heard about the sung-through part.

I'm with Auggie about the original book--though I haven't seen it (just heard the sound board recordings and read along in the original published libretto and compared it to the revised version.)  One thing is even Goldman's revised libretto makes everything incredibly literal--losing much of

• ALW calls Lion King Copycats!  Nov 17 2015, 11:55:36 PM

If Only You Would Listen sounds like a reject from Whistle Down the Wind to Me (in fact it has one of the same melody lines,) but....

• re: Michael Bennett and Jimmy Webb's Scandal! (With Swoozie Kurtz)  Nov 17 2015, 12:14:28 PM

I have had fun looking through their back issues. 

Thirty sty years have passed-surely now would be the time to do something with this?  I can't see any production but maybe a concert with cast members giving their memories -- Swoozie talks about it fondly in her book. Granted the Bennett fantasy production numbers is what everyone praises but maybe Bob Avian could help restate aspects of them. Make it a charity event...  Ok I know I am dreaming

• What are Your Favorite Rodgers & Hammerstein Lesser Known Songs?  Nov 16 2015, 08:25:06 PM

As I just wrote in the very thing you quoted, complete with the IBDB link.  I am now so confused.

• Jonathan Groff dishes about secrets behind 'Hamilton,' 'Spring Awakening' & 'Looking'  Nov 16 2015, 08:04:50 PM

Yeah it was a public talk to fans so I assume everyone there knew who he meant--but I agree with you that they prob could have put her name in brackets...  Of course they also wrote Kate here (maybe they've fixed it since.)

• Jonathan Groff dishes about secrets behind 'Hamilton,' 'Spring Awakening' & 'Looking'  Nov 16 2015, 05:37:02 PM

Who is Kate Blanchett?

• HONK! vs. Lion King/Mamma Mia at the Olivers  Nov 16 2015, 03:58:44 PM

Hey and maybe Disney noticed and so hired them for MP. Though I doubt that was it...

• HONK! vs. Lion King/Mamma Mia at the Olivers  Nov 16 2015, 03:57:41 PM

Honk never transferred did it?  Regardless I could see this as the Oliviers wanting to award a show whose future life would benefit the most from being known as an award winner. Or maybe MM and TLK split the vote which seems truly weird but

• Hello Again Movie Musical Filming?  Nov 16 2015, 01:44:02 PM

Thanks for that!  So--do people recognize the names?  (As I said I know who Ben is from his soap work--looking him up he seems to have just gotten back into the industry after working behind the camera--and of course Jenna and Audra.)  Are they theatre people?

While I said I was mixed on Were the WOrld Mine, I do think Gustafson is a talented director with a good visual sense (I never saw it, but his Mariachi Gringo got very good reviews with nearly everyone praising

• Shrek the musical  Nov 15 2015, 11:33:09 PM

As much as I love Tesori, I can't say I'm a fan (but I admit, I'm not even really a fan of the beloved animated movies...)  But wasn't it a success in London?

• Hello Again Movie Musical Filming?  Nov 15 2015, 11:00:45 PM

It's interesting how even LaChiusa fans react differently to his scores.

I am sure they know it will have a very niche audience--and they don't have a name as big as Kendrick's to promote it--but who knows.  But I am pretty sure it will go the same route--maybe play a festival or two and then VOD.  Did Last Five Years ever publish their budget?  I'd assume it would be about the same?

• re: Michael Bennett and Jimmy Webb's Scandal! (With Swoozie Kurtz)  Nov 15 2015, 10:26:44 PM

First I'd heard of that, too...

Advertisement Advertisement