Profile for broadway guy
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: broadway guy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Question about Buenos Aires in Evita  Jul 23 2015, 10:04:49 PM

The entire revival was synthetic - everything was built not around a singular presence, like the original, but one that, like Wicked, could survive with anyone in the title role. There was no electricity, no passion. Just read the NYT review - the spark that made the original so special was gone.

Ya cant do evita like that. I think the orchestra was like that because she didn't belt it. Also the choreography when she sings the note is her being lifted up

• Question about Buenos Aires in Evita  Jul 23 2015, 08:31:52 PM

How come in the revival, none of the Evitas' used their chest voice for the "AAANNNDDD If ever I go to too far..."  and the "AAAAnndd if I need a moment's rest" ?

All the Original Evas like Patti, Nanci, Elaine, Loni and Florence belted those notes. How come Elena and her understudies did not? Were they told not to by the musical director so their voices wouldn't be warn out? Not even the touring Evitas do it either.

The song sounds electric when t

• Kristin Chenoweth receives Hollywood Star on Hollywood walk of fame  Jul 23 2015, 12:02:15 PM

Congrats to her. What other prominent Broadway Stars have their own star on the walk of Fame? I'm sure there are more. 

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/19/15  Jul 20 2015, 04:32:56 PM

Headband can't comment on anything without acting like an idiot by insulting someone else. Don't take the troll seriously. 

• Christian Hoff, JERSEY BOYS, 2006 Best Featured Actor in a Musical  Jul 20 2015, 04:28:42 PM

^ The only thing newintown has said, is that people shouldn't believe the press releases. He has said nothing about what he thinks the truth is. 

• Ariana Grande doing a Carolee Carmello impression  Jul 20 2015, 04:04:14 PM

People aren't excusing her behavior. People are saying the headband is overreacting by calling Ariana a vile POS. The Headband is always acting like this, thankfully Kad called it out.

• Dream Cast: Friends the Musical  Jul 8 2013, 11:09:41 PM
    The three jokes i have made about the revival annoy you, but the 2 pages of off topic jokes on your cirque thread didn't annoy you?
  • Dream Cast: Friends the Musical  Jul 8 2013, 11:02:51 PM
    Ok
  • Dream Cast: Friends the Musical  Jul 8 2013, 10:58:33 PM
    It's a joke.
  • Dream Cast: Friends the Musical  Jul 8 2013, 10:35:33 PM
    Who told you the plot twist?? Dam that Harvey Fierstein and his big mouth.
  • Dream Cast: Friends the Musical  Jul 8 2013, 08:30:53 PM
    As long as it doesn't open at the same time as My Seussical revival.
  • Into the Woods Movie Cast  Jul 8 2013, 07:58:15 PM
    "However, I then realized that 'Lone Ranger' really did not have any potential and a musical film about fairy tales will appeal more to families"

People actually expected it to be good?? Oh my..
  • Annoying Show Followings  Jul 8 2013, 04:47:13 PM
    Not even close.
  • Annoying Show Followings  Jul 8 2013, 04:42:50 PM
    Phantom.

Book Of Mormon

• Annoying Show Followings  Jul 8 2013, 04:29:51 PM
    Well I never! *storms off*
  • Annoying Show Followings  Jul 8 2013, 04:24:47 PM
    Beautiful! That show would run for years!

• Annoying Show Followings  Jul 8 2013, 04:21:46 PM
    Headband you silly pants, I'm not a show. But if i was I would call it " For the love of broadway guy." Starring Loni Ackerman.
  • Wicked Revival  Jul 8 2013, 04:17:12 PM
    I'm Glad we agree.

"Also, if I wanted to be SUPER annoying I'd tell you that you are not using the lingo "cat's pajamas" correctly. At least within that sentence."

I can live with that.
  • Annoying Show Followings  Jul 8 2013, 04:09:52 PM
    Rent.

Seussical Revival.

• Wicked Revival  Jul 8 2013, 04:05:26 PM
    Elphaba: Patti Lupone
    Glinda: Lilla Crawford.
    Madame Morrible: Barbra Streisand's Nose.
    Fiyero: Pink.
    Wizard: Me.

This revival is clearly going to be the cat's pajamas. It might even run longer than the Seussical Revival...maybe...

BROADWAYWORLD TV