Profile for tazber
Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld tazber
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: tazber
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 4 - 3
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
Avenue Q
City of Angels
Grey Gardens
Sweeney Todd

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Hamilton's OBCR debut is  Oct 8 2015, 12:44:23 PM

The 46-track Broadway cast album of the new musical Hamilton debuted at #12 on the Billboard 200 chart for the week, the highest debut for a cast recording since the chart combined mono and stereo tallies in 1963. It was also the #3 best-selling Rap album, an unprecedented feat for a Broadway cast album.

The last cast album to debut in a higher position on Billboard 200 was Camelot at #4 the week of Jan. 23, 1961. Other cast albums have risen higher in the weeks following r

• Hamilton's OBCR debut is "eye-popping" and "historic"  Oct 8 2015, 12:41:19 PM

Per Billboard

• Crucible Revival for Early 2016?  Oct 7 2015, 03:14:35 PM

I am so pumped for this show.

• Razzle Dazzle- Michael Riedel's book  Oct 7 2015, 12:36:28 PM

Thanks for the correction Pootie.

• Razzle Dazzle- Michael Riedel's book  Oct 7 2015, 12:15:04 PM

But all those cool things PJ is talking about being in the book, who knows if they're true or made up?

He's just proven to be so quick to fabricate something for the sake of sales I don't trust anything he says.

So I'm gonna pass on this one. It's like the Wikipedia of Broadway. Sometimes it's true, sometimes it's not, but it's never acceptable as a legitimate source.

• Razzle Dazzle- Michael Riedel's book  Oct 7 2015, 06:36:31 AM

He's not exactly a reliable fact-checker or truth teller.

I wouldn't trust anything in the book, so why waste my time reading it?

• The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]  Oct 6 2015, 02:53:16 PM

That link is really cool. It's exactly what I think the book is going to be like as well.

Thanks for sharing.

• Bob Saget Joins 'Hand To God'  Oct 6 2015, 02:49:55 PM

I think he'll be great in the role.

He'll no doubt be different than Kudisch, who is outstanding (and deserved a Tony nom at least).

• amazing grace cast cd  Oct 6 2015, 07:07:55 AM

forgetmenotnyc said: "WONDERFUL! A very worthy score & top-notch cast. Anyone resentful of it's accomplishment should question their attitude.

And what's "WONDERFUL!"?

Did you bother to read the few posts in the thread? There are no plans for a recording yet.

• School Of Rock, pre Broadway showcases more info  Oct 6 2015, 07:03:12 AM

There's a thread on it somewhere with many many detailed reviews, but generally I would say the reaction was very positive.

Special notices for one of the kids (the girl who I think plays the drums), and Alex Brightman.

• Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording  Oct 5 2015, 08:42:03 AM

The lyrics can be downloaded here

• Would You Still Love Me If...  Oct 5 2015, 12:27:41 AM

I don't know much about this, but it sounds like it's exploring similar issues as Prelude to a Kiss.

• Hamilton Souvenir Programs  Oct 3 2015, 07:20:58 PM

I'm sure they'll have a program pushdabutton.

I've already pre-odered the book.

Here's the description:

Hamilton has it all-romance, drama, violence, patriotism, adventure, and more-combine that with the foundational story of our nation, and you've got a book that's bound to be an American classic. "One of the most exhilarating experiences I've had in a theater." said David Brooks. "Th

• WAS BBAJ a really bad musical?  Oct 3 2015, 07:17:00 PM

Lol, two threads already deleted in the past 5 minutes.

• Who Are The Finest Lyricists on Broadway Today?  Oct 3 2015, 07:13:24 PM

darquegk said: "The "Miracle" lyrics don't rhyme in American or London English, but in the somewhat mush-mouthed UK Underworld accent that the show seems to adopt as its central dialect, it does. Look at the lyrics for Miss Honey- hers are measured, full of better rhymes and more standardized rhythms, as she is the most level-headed and "sane" of all the characters. The Wormwoods have asinine lyrics full of almost rhymes, completely absent rhymes or off-puttin

• WAS BBAJ a really bad musical?  Oct 3 2015, 06:28:30 PM

you guys, this poster is another screen name for this person (click the name for an example thread)

There are a bunch more (including Mr. Smith for one) but he ends up spamming the board posts stating he's only trying to annoy us so the mods keep deleting his various personas.

• Wildhorn's Scott & Zelda (Waiting for the Moon) to open in Japan  Oct 3 2015, 03:31:24 PM

Bonnie & Clyde is a wonderful score.

• Who Are The Finest Lyricists on Broadway Today?  Oct 3 2015, 03:25:27 PM

Yea, Minchin strays from perfect rhymes a lot.

But lyrics, to me, aren't just about rhyming.

They're about getting into a character's head and delivering a nuanced reflection of their soul.

They're also about the way they fit with the music. The best lyricists, imo, are the ones who also write their own music. (Fred Ebb gets a pass because...Fred Ebb).

Minchin is not not for everyone. I get that.

But to me, h

• Wildhorn's Scott & Zelda (Waiting for the Moon) to open in Japan  Oct 3 2015, 02:47:32 PM

Say what you will about Wildhorn but he can definitely write some outstanding jazzy tunes.

Eder's second album (I think) is made up mostly of jazzy Wildhorn songs and they are fantastic.

• The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]  Oct 3 2015, 02:44:35 PM

Sally is fairly well known historically, but no, there is no other mention or explanation of her in the show. It's like an Easter Egg for those who pick up on it.