Profile for Jay Lerner-Z

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Jay Lerner-Z
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Jay Lerner-Z
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Profile: Hello

Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Broadway Actors Doing Blackface  Oct 26 2016, 06:06:04 PM

There was a five page thread about this at the time.

• Broadway Actors Doing Blackface  Oct 26 2016, 05:51:40 PM

That's not blackface.*

*Edit: or is it? For a nuanced discussion, see my later post!

• Need a recommendation, please  Oct 24 2016, 06:39:55 PM

I second haterobics. It's not even that big of a deal to separate considering most theaters are so close to one another.

• The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread  Oct 22 2016, 07:06:50 PM

Worldwide box office for film rentals are over $140 million and most of that is domestic gross revenue from those screenings.

Richard O'Brien saw none of that, though. If this re-make helped correct that wrong even a little, I guess it was worthwhile. I have no idea if that's the case.

• The Beauty Queen Of Leenane returns!  Oct 21 2016, 09:43:41 PM

Oops, my apologies. I must have just been seeing things from my own angle!

Full schedule (so far) :

Druid presents Martin McDonagh’s The Beauty Queen of Leenane directed by Garry Hynes on a coast-to-coast US tour in 2016 – 2017 plus dates at the prestigious Hong Kong Arts Festival. This explosive production will play at:

Los Angeles: Taper Forum
    9th November – 18th December 2016

• Killian donnelly to Broadway kinky boots  Oct 21 2016, 05:42:58 PM

Irish citizens living in the UK could vote in the referendum, just to clarify, but obviously not the Irish nation as a whole. In any case, I wasn't being entirely serious. I'm sure he can work wherever he chooses - judging from clips, he certainly has the talent for it.

• Killian donnelly to Broadway kinky boots  Oct 21 2016, 03:32:55 PM

...and since Britain just voted to keep EU migrants like himself out of the UK, maybe it's no wonder he's high-tailing it to New York. :)

• Killian donnelly to Broadway kinky boots  Oct 21 2016, 03:14:48 PM

Killian Donnelly isn't British. 

• Sondheim and the Nobel Prize  Oct 13 2016, 06:27:14 PM

He should get the Polar Prize, at the very least.

• Who should have more fame  Oct 11 2016, 09:06:05 PM

Christine Ebersole was in Richie Rich, and therefore immortal.

• Actors who returned in a different role  Oct 11 2016, 12:58:13 PM

Marie Mullen, who won a Tony for playing the daughter in The Beauty Queen of Leenane, will return to New York next year in a revival of the original production  - only this time playing the mother.

• Purchased wheelchair row seats by accident  Oct 9 2016, 01:19:07 PM

If you bring a wheelchair you'll be fine,

Disability is not a costume. What if a genuine wheelchair user needs that space?

You should return the tickets, in my view.

• Amber Riley performs and I am telling you live  Oct 8 2016, 02:21:25 PM

It seemed like she was nervous about hitting the notes, and I was willing her to give the big bravura performance she was trying other words, I forgot about Effie and was too conscious of Amber Riley's big moment. I guess that's to be expected in her first public performance, and maybe that number has always been like that anyway. B- from me.

• Your favorite showtune cover of a poptune  Oct 7 2016, 08:28:47 PM

They're not bad singers I guess, but the faux-Disney-Irish colleens thing is just much too much.

• Your favorite showtune cover of a poptune  Oct 7 2016, 08:13:08 PM

^ That was downright godawful, or at least the 20 seconds of it I could stick. I wouldn't call it a showtune-ification of the song either. 

Off the top of my head, my own answer would be...

• Tickets  Oct 2 2016, 08:37:08 PM

Go to TKTS, if you don't mind even more waiting around. All four of those shows were on the board today, so you should be good. Keep an eye on the website (or app) to see what shows are available. TKTS

• West End Lengends we want on Broadway  Sep 30 2016, 12:18:23 PM

I seem to have appointed myself the thread nitpick - but Fiona Shaw isn't British. She's arguably a West End legend, though, so I'll let it slide.

• West End Lengends we want on Broadway  Sep 30 2016, 12:04:35 PM

Rob James-Collier and Richard Fleeshman

^ I don't think they qualify as legends, or "lengends". 

Kate Winslet's never done any work on the West End stage, Emma Thompson very I'll count them out too. What you mean is Brits in general, I guess.

I'd like to see Dames Diana Rigg, Penelope Wilton and Kristin Scott Thomas myself.

• Imelda Staunton to Star as Sally in West End Follies  Sep 29 2016, 08:14:30 PM

I'd buy a ticket.

Has Dominic Cooke ever directed a musical before?

• Has Broadway seen the last of Angela Lansbury?  Sep 29 2016, 12:39:31 PM

Michael Gambon has retired from the stage, apparently.

I wouldn't put anything past Dame Angela, but at some point we'll have to concede that she too is made of human flesh and bone.

There's no reason why some of the others you mentioned can't go on for years yet.

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Back to Falsettoland w/ OBC - Passing the Torch
Backstage Bite
TV Exclusive: BACKSTAGE BITE with AVENUE Q's Elizabeth Ann Berg
Turning the Tables
Randy Rainbow w/ FIDDLER Cast
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
2nd Annual ElphaBall Takes Over Tonight's BROADWAY SESSIONS