Profile for Jay Lerner-Z

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Jay Lerner-Z
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Jay Lerner-Z
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Profile: Hello

Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Last I Heard...  Nov 22 2016, 12:03:41 AM

Hillary being a murderous thug and war monger who took billions fro anti gay nations like Saudi Arabia is why I supported Trump. In other words, I support gay rights, more than you. 

I know undercoverusher is probably just a deranged troll, but still.

The Hill

"President-elect Donald Trump registered ei

• Last I Heard...  Nov 20 2016, 07:36:53 PM

It wouldn't be a bit funny. Just a sad example of the ignorance of Trump devotees and a clear demonstation of how he "won" this election.

• Mike Pence Gets  Nov 19 2016, 01:24:52 AM

The show has nothing to do with it. He only went to see it out of ego, he now sees himself as a statesman in the same league as the characters onstage. The man is scum.

• Mike Pence Gets  Nov 19 2016, 01:13:25 AM

Don't forget this wart on humanity incited rabid lynch mobs against Hillary. This is the very least he deserves. Mike Pence can go fvck himself. 

• Parts for Sierra Sierra Boggess to play?  Nov 6 2016, 06:37:22 PM

I liked her "The Lusty Month Of May", so I guess Guinevere in Camelot might be a good fit.

• Recommendations for Last Show Next Weekend In London  Nov 5 2016, 11:28:44 PM

I'm not from the UK and haven't been to London in two years, but living vicariously through you, I would choose Ronald Harwood's The Dresser.

• Songs to sing night of election  Nov 5 2016, 08:58:30 PM

A) The Power Of The Dream - the Olympics 96 song. The lyrics are incredibly trite, but no more so than any election slogan. A guilty pleasure, I guess.  There's so much strength in all of us, every woman, child, and man - it's the moment that you think you can't, you'll discover that you can!

• Where did the term  Nov 2 2016, 09:01:40 PM

Barns are big. Airplane hangars are bigger. Much, much bigger.

• Irving Berlin fans-what are your favorite lesser known gems?  Nov 1 2016, 09:01:46 PM

This medley performed by Bernadette Peters & Peter Allen at the 1982 Oscars is fun.

• Is Stephen Sondheim Overrated?  Nov 1 2016, 05:51:58 PM

• Irving Berlin fans-what are your favorite lesser known gems?  Oct 31 2016, 08:58:50 PM

Does Mr. Monotony count?

As well as Judy's, I love the versions by Kim Criswell and Frances Ruffelle.

• Is Stephen Sondheim Overrated?  Oct 30 2016, 04:48:02 PM

Why have you responded three times to a thread you claim not to have read?

How odd.

• Is Stephen Sondheim Overrated?  Oct 30 2016, 02:30:47 PM

Otter:

A gay man who is very hairy all over his body, but is smaller in frame and weighs considerably less than a bear.

• Is Stephen Sondheim Overrated?  Oct 30 2016, 02:24:51 PM

It pains me to disappoint otters. 

• Is Stephen Sondheim Overrated?  Oct 29 2016, 07:55:57 PM

No, but if you really wanted a discussion, perhaps you could've given your own answer and at least attempted to make an argument for or against. 

Hopefully the people who respond will put a reciprocal amount of effort into their posts.

• Broadway Actors Doing Blackface  Oct 26 2016, 06:06:04 PM

There was a five page thread about this at the time.

• Broadway Actors Doing Blackface  Oct 26 2016, 05:51:40 PM

That's not blackface.*

*Edit: or is it? For a nuanced discussion, see my later post!

• Need a recommendation, please  Oct 24 2016, 06:39:55 PM

I second haterobics. It's not even that big of a deal to separate considering most theaters are so close to one another.

• The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread  Oct 22 2016, 07:06:50 PM

Worldwide box office for film rentals are over $140 million and most of that is domestic gross revenue from those screenings.

Richard O'Brien saw none of that, though. If this re-make helped correct that wrong even a little, I guess it was worthwhile. I have no idea if that's the case.

• The Beauty Queen Of Leenane returns!  Oct 21 2016, 09:43:41 PM

Oops, my apologies. I must have just been seeing things from my own angle!

Full schedule (so far) :

Druid presents Martin McDonagh’s The Beauty Queen of Leenane directed by Garry Hynes on a coast-to-coast US tour in 2016 – 2017 plus dates at the prestigious Hong Kong Arts Festival. This explosive production will play at:

Los Angeles: Taper Forum
    9th November – 18th December 2016

Boston