Profile for Jay Lerner-Z
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Jay Lerner-Z
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Profile: Hello

Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Hi  Jul 16 2015, 08:17:55 PM

While I'm new to broadway world, I am not new to message boards.

This isn't a message board, it's a "chat board", thank you very much.

The OP has the same profile picture as the late, unlamented Quiche2 whom I'd almost forgotten about.

• Lansbury/Jones DRIVING MISS DAISY dvd available to Pre-Order!  Jul 16 2015, 02:07:37 PM

^ Perhaps the epitome of "first world problem", though.

• Why am I having trouble with my Profile Pic?  Jul 15 2015, 11:23:33 PM

Yeah, mine was overnight. 

The anticipation is killing me, bfreak!

• Has anyone sent fanmail to the West End?  Jul 15 2015, 11:21:42 PM

You're most welcome.

• Has anyone sent fanmail to the West End?  Jul 15 2015, 11:18:55 PM

No, nobody has. 

Great Britain is encased under a giant glass dome.

• Druid Theater History Plays  Jul 15 2015, 11:13:31 PM

I didn't like the performance by the actress who played Prince Hal/Henry V.

Her name is Aisling O'Sullivan.

• Gypsy with Imelda  Jul 13 2015, 11:04:22 PM

No.

• The Chalk Garden  Jul 13 2015, 11:03:04 PM

There is nothing wrong with the other thread, in actual fact.

• The Chalk Garden with Angela Lansbury to open Fall 2015  Jul 13 2015, 10:59:08 PM

^ "Grease" (that you heard)...

I really hope the production happens this fall, so Dame Angela might spend her 90th birthday onstage. How awesome would it be to attend that night?

• 15 best songs from the past 15 years of musicals  Jul 12 2015, 10:36:23 PM

21 Guns (and Falling Slowly) were written for other projects years before the musicals they appear in, so if I was to take this seriously, I wouldn't include them.

• Omar Sharif Had Passed Away  Jul 12 2015, 10:13:00 PM

We'll see him in his final role later this year, in The Secret Scripture, an adaptation of the Sebastian Barry novel. He filmed his scenes just this past March. Omar Sharif Jr also has a small part, alongside Vanessa Redgrave and Rooney Mara. I liked the book, so something to look forward to.

• Pop Composer Walter Afanasieff to Write Musical with Idina Menzel  Jul 11 2015, 09:48:21 PM

Walter Afanasieff who wrote full time for Mariah Carey (One Sweet Day, Hero, etc.) and Celine Dion (My Heart Will Go On).

He didn't write My Heart Will Go On. That would be Will Jennings and the late James Horner. He did produce it, though.

• Immersive EVITA  Jul 11 2015, 02:52:11 PM

They perceive theatre to be old people on stage talking for two hours. Which isn't an unfair perception.

Actually, it is.

I think to get those people into the theatre, we need to initially promise them something that, in their own perception, can't be replicated by watching a movie.

I personally don't give a fig what these people do or don't do. Live and let live. I'm sure I could get plenty of boys to like me if only I changed everything abo

• Immersive EVITA  Jul 11 2015, 12:31:28 PM

My hunch is that people who say "why go to the theatre?" would be even less inclined to visit one of your productions.

• Help identifying an actor  Jul 10 2015, 10:52:59 PM

I wonder if he'd have been as happy if he knew that you only had the vaguest idea of who he is. 

• Help identifying an actor  Jul 10 2015, 10:33:27 PM

I still don't understand why a flicker of recognition means selfie-time. Maybe he's your mailman.

• Help identifying an actor  Jul 10 2015, 10:09:49 PM

You could have asked him directly, or better yet, left the poor man alone. He's probably at home right now laughing about the oddball at the theatre who accosted him for no apparent reason. Or maybe checking all the locks.

• New Version of Oklahoma?  Jul 6 2015, 04:53:20 PM

What version are you referring to? A link might be helpful. Sounds dreadful in any case.

• How long does it take for TKTS?  Jul 6 2015, 04:51:31 PM

You could always leave it until closer to showtime. You risk not-as-good seats, but you could be lucky.

If you decide to see a third show, you'll be able to skip the lines on presentation of your previous purchase (for a week).

• Dame Judi(th) Dench in Cabaret  Jul 6 2015, 02:16:01 PM

Judi, short for Judith, but thanks.

BROADWAYWORLD TV