BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for Jay Lerner-Z
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Jay Lerner-Z
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Profile: Hello

Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • MAD SPOILER CURIOUS  May 11 2015, 09:33:58 PM

1+1 = 2

• Debra Messing On Jeopardy  May 11 2015, 07:37:48 PM

What were the questions?

• One more show  May 11 2015, 07:00:05 PM

Oh wait, you're already seeing On The Twentieth Century. 

• One more show  May 11 2015, 06:59:13 PM

If it was me, On The Twentieth Century would win.

However, your research into Fun Home led you to a decision - so why not repeat the process with the other shows you mentioned? Look up their websites, reviews, YouTube clips etc. or else consult the list of currently running shows on this very website and see what appeals to you. Simple, really.

• An Open Letter To All Posters on This Board  May 6 2015, 10:35:27 PM

Are you accepting new members? Is there a form to fill in?

• An Open Letter To All Posters on This Board  May 6 2015, 10:13:53 PM

I get your point - but even in medical terms the word is outdated, and is being phased out. "Idiot" was also medical terminology at one point!

The diagnostic term 'mental retardation' is finally being eliminated in the upcoming international classifications of diseases and disorders. The term 'mental retardation' was introduced by the American Association on Mental Retardation in 1961 and soon afterwards was adopted by the American Psychiatric Association (APA) in its Diagnosti

• Betty Buckley's I'm Still Here  Apr 30 2015, 10:55:05 PM

I love it.

A dandy link, for your convenience!

• Fantastic Cabaret Acts By Broadway Performers  Apr 21 2015, 12:14:03 AM

Frances Ruffelle does a great show. La Chiusa, Yeston, Finn, etc. I hope she comes back soon.

• Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel  Apr 20 2015, 03:31:37 PM

They didn't treat her any differently than all the other people they treat differently, you're right.

• Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel  Apr 20 2015, 03:10:37 PM

House seats. A call from their people to the management of the Public and the seats are paid for and arranged.

Thanks. Of course it was obnoxious behavior, but in a way (a small way), haven't the management encouraged her entitlement by treating her like this?

• Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel  Apr 20 2015, 02:25:58 PM

I doubt Madonna bought her ticket before the reviews came out. Did she buy it at all? Just how do these celebritys get in, anyhow?

• What is the best off broadway theatre  Apr 19 2015, 08:46:13 PM

What does What produce, and if it's the best, how come I've never heard of it?

• Reviews written before opening night.  Apr 15 2015, 09:06:47 PM

His question was so important he forgot what it was.

• Reviews written before opening night.  Apr 15 2015, 08:36:39 PM

I think you've answered your own question. 

• SeaWorld Auditions April 18  Apr 15 2015, 06:07:29 PM

No, you will merely have your leg bitten off by aforementioned unfortunates.

• Congratulations to Dame Angela Lansbury on her first Olivier Award nomination!  Apr 13 2015, 02:22:46 PM

On an unrelated note, why did the Oliviers give Kevin Spacey yet another chance to indulge his ego and live out his Rat Pack fantasy?

I'm predisposed to disliking him, so maybe it's just me, but his performance of Bridge Of Over Troubled Water was cringey in the extreme. Also, what did it have to do with the season's theatre? Yes, I hate-watched the entire six minutes.