Profile for Jay Lerner-Z
Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Jay Lerner-Z
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Jay Lerner-Z
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Profile: Hello

Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Brian Friel, playwright, dies  Oct 2 2015, 08:57:03 AM

Tony winning playwright (Dancing At Lughnasa, Philadelphia, Here I Come!), Brian Friel, has died in Ireland at age 86.

Care to share your memories of his work?

• Met and was ignored by Bette Midler yesterday  Sep 29 2015, 08:41:57 PM

"You're lucky I didn't turn you into a cat for 300 years, you wretched creature!"

• LORD OF THE DANCE to play a limited Broadway run  Sep 21 2015, 02:03:35 PM

"Riverdance" and "Lord Of The Dance" are two very different shows.

This current incarnation is great if you're into that kind of thing, but ticket-buyers should probably be aware that Michael Flatley only appears for (literally) about five minutes at the very end of the show. I know it says that in the article, but I still think a lot of people will be spending the whole show wondering when he's going to show up. Always read the fine print!

• Sweet Bird Of Youth Revival?  Sep 16 2015, 09:24:04 PM

Mr Roxy said: "since it has never been revived if I am correct"

You are not correct, as (per WikiPedia) it was revived back in 1975 with Irene Worth giving a Tony-winning performance in the lead role. Forty years is long enough, though, so I'll let you away with it.

• Established Nicknames For Broadway Show Fans?  Sep 13 2015, 07:46:56 PM

I've heard LesMisfits.

• Established Nicknames For Broadway Show Fans?  Sep 13 2015, 07:40:39 PM

• Patricia Routledge - Climb Ev'ry Mountain  Sep 13 2015, 07:36:43 PM

Here she is accepting her Tony from Groucho Marx! I love how her co-winner Leslie Uggams didn't let Groucho rob Patricia of her moment. 

From about 04.40...

• Patricia Routledge - Climb Ev'ry Mountain  Sep 12 2015, 04:12:09 PM

Do yourself a favor and do a YouTube search to hear her perform "Not on Your Nellie" from Darling, and "Duet for One" from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.  

Thanks - I will!

• Patricia Routledge - Climb Ev'ry Mountain  Sep 12 2015, 03:36:36 PM

Hyacinth Bucket can actually sing!

I knew Patricia Routledge had done musical theatre, winning a Tony in 1968, but I never knew she was such a talented singer. I've been on a bit of a Keeping Up Appearances kick recently and after coming across this on YouTube thought it was worth sharing.

Anybody care to share any memories of actually seeing her onstage?

Julie Andrews or Vanessa Redgrave: Whose rendition of  Sep 2 2015, 05:21:43 PM

How does Sierra Boggess square up?