BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for Owen22
Edit Your Profile |

Member Name: Owen22
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Would you pay $221 for Patti Lupone in SHOWS FOR DAYS?  Jul 2 2015, 10:43:10 AM

No. Don't. No.

• AMAZING GRACE Previews  Jun 28 2015, 01:28:14 PM

Dear Lynn:

Whizzer can be as harsh or as light as he wants. This is a public board. He is not being paid for his reviews.  You can read them or not, so please don't dictate how he should write. I'd rather you call him a dick for not agreeing with you than try to school him on HOW to write out his critiques!!!

• Tony Yazbeck  Jun 28 2015, 01:22:12 PM

Sorry, Horse. i no longer have the insert to my Playbill which stated which Understudy it was.

• A NEW BRAIN  Jun 28 2015, 01:21:10 PM

I had no trouble losing "Calamari" (who cares about the waitress) or "Eating Myself" (it's a fantasy sequence that always made one wonder A)why would this character get so many solos and B) why would Schwinn's subconscious allow this relative non-entitiy in his waking  life to have such a large psychological moment of his dreamlife).

It's been debated since it arrived: Is "Whenever I Dream" a great song, a spot for a necessary song that was never artistically fulfilled, or the

• A NEW BRAIN  Jun 28 2015, 01:33:21 AM

This score. These songs!! THIS SCORE!!!! 

• Tony Yazbeck  Jun 28 2015, 01:20:02 AM

Tony was out of today's matinee.  His understudy is a good dancer but lacking in any charisma whatsoever.

• AMAZING GRACE Previews  Jun 26 2015, 12:45:18 AM

I have seen far worse.  I thought the book was fairly strong. I didn't know the story so I was engrossed throughout.  They musical does not shy away from the horrors of slavery, to it's credit.

The score is mainly made up of ballads and anthems. I can take a mediocre score if it at least gives me one or two breakout songs like "Side Show".  But the best I can say is the songs weren't awful.

And Chuck Cooper was terrific.  As was, to a slightly lesser

• finding neverland nom chances  Apr 26 2015, 12:25:25 PM

I didn't like "Finding Neverland" but it's better than "The Visit" in almost every way.  I'm pretty sure some of the reviews were Weinstein hate but I am baffled by the "The Visit"love...

• THE VISIT Reviews  Apr 26 2015, 12:23:33 PM

I wonder what happened to all the previous"I just love Jesse Green" comments after his Vulture "Visit" review...?

• SOMETHING ROTTEN Reviews  Apr 22 2015, 11:36:57 PM

"I think I like Ben Brantley a little bit more. Then again, he'll probably give THE VISIT a lukewarm notice. Then I'll find him irritating again. 
     "

As well he should!  The Visit stinks.

• Rob Marshall to Bring FOLLIES to the Big Screen?  Apr 22 2015, 08:05:07 AM

I loved Bernadette's Sally and was not at all thrilled with Victoria Clark's. I know, I know, Victoria (like her daughter Kelli) can do no wrong on these boards, but she was just wrong, surrounded by an entire cast of right.

• The RInk  Apr 22 2015, 07:57:23 AM

Chita supposedly stole the show and gave a really great old fashioned musical comedy performance. BUT Liza, even all-drugged-up-at-the-time Liza, acted the hell out of the role, imbuing Angel with a tragic/comic aura that I'll remember forever. 

• GIGI Reviews  Apr 9 2015, 10:55:14 AM

"^Is that really the lesson that the opening night critical reception suggests?

The reviews I've read seem to be more critical of this production's feeble efforts to bowdlerize or at least sanitize the demimonde rather than the "creepiness" of the romantic story of a courtesan in training as it had been presented by Colette, Loos, MGM, Minnelli, Lerner and Loewe.

What's really creepy and misogynistic is the notion that love stories - or

• GIGI Reviews  Apr 9 2015, 10:39:58 AM

Oddly, all the females critics decidedly do NOT like Corey Cott and all the male critics (that I know of are gay) do.  I loved him...but now I'm wondering through what prism was I viewing him through...

• HAND TO GOD (B'way) Reviews  Apr 7 2015, 09:08:14 PM

I hope these reviews help to make Sarah Stiles the star she SHOULD have become after "Vanities".

• Something Rotten RUSH  Apr 7 2015, 04:42:13 AM

BUMPING for cash only? 

• Inexpensive NJ hotels with access to Port Authority  Apr 7 2015, 04:40:38 AM

The Super 8 in Weahawken is minutes away from Manhattan. Situated right outside the Jersey opening of the Tunnel, there is a bus that stops in front of it every twenty minutes or so that drop you off on 8th Ave and 42 ST.

• Shoulda been you preview.  Apr 4 2015, 09:44:30 AM

" Saw the show Friday night. Have not laughed so much in the theater in a long time. Lisa Howard stops the show!!!. Long time since I have seen an audience laugh and scream and clap like last night . Great show with a great cast. Just goes to show that you can't believe what your read and what other people think. Will be going back soon with friends !"

I notice you don't say much about the score..

• 1962 Times Article about "Birdie" film  Apr 4 2015, 09:42:10 AM

If you have a digital subscription to the Times, take a look at this article from May of 1962.  It's about the resurgence of the Broadway to Hollywood musical film, right before "Gypsy" and "Music Man" are about to be released, concentrating on the film translation of "Bye Bye Birdie".

http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?res=9E0CE0DA1E31E430A25750C1A9639C946391D6CF

• Lady Gaga to sing Sondheim at the Tonys  Apr 1 2015, 10:30:54 AM
    Yeah, got me too. I even posted it on Facebook...

BROADWAYWORLD TV