Profile for Owen22

Edit Your Profile |

Member Name: Owen22
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • For anyone planning to get SRO to Shuffle Along  May 30 2016, 12:58:58 PM

What time would you recommend getting to the box office?

• Should I see Aladdin and My Fair Lady in Sydney?  May 30 2016, 12:55:34 PM

Your country gave the world Caroline O'Connor. And Hugh.  Australian casts can be THE BEST!!

• Incognito  May 30 2016, 12:52:58 PM

I had only seen Charlie Cox in "Theory of Everything".  His performance in "Incognito"...dear God that man is talented. I mean gorgeous too, but he is an amazing, amazing actor.  His physicality when delineating the many people he plays!!   When Geneva Carr is the only the third best actor in a four actor piece you can tell the caliber you are dealing with.  The play is moving in the same way Payne took a scientific approach to love in "Constellati

• Best Musical 2017 - already interesting  May 25 2016, 08:45:51 PM

Evan's book is the strong point, the score is merely better-than-most.  The adaptation and music and lyrics for Great Comet are extraordinary.

• Diane Paulus and new musicals....  May 25 2016, 08:43:19 PM

I agree with you halfways... she is not a great dramaturgical director, but she is a fantastic stage picture and through line director.  And a good actor's director it seems.

• ANASTASIA in CT  May 13 2016, 09:33:28 PM

"Dark of the Night" is no longer in the score, so I don't care...

• HADESTOWN at NYTW  May 12 2016, 11:06:00 AM

I thought it was just terrific. The music in especial. However, the storytelling is a little diffuse.But I"m not sure good narrative structure is the point.  It's seems to be set in a New Orleans version of ancient Greece, using the Orpheus and Eurydice myth.  They sometimes play the story traditionally, sometimes they use the Gods and mythological worlds as metaphor.  Rachel Chavkin does a wonderful job directing 5/6 thrust (the other 6th is taken up by the absolutely

• Carmen Cusack  May 5 2016, 05:39:56 PM

She was merely okay in Carrie, but was a horrible Dot in Chicago Shake's "Sunday in the Park" (her Marie was mildly better). So I was quite surprised how good she was in "Bright Star".

• American Psycho was SNUBBED  May 3 2016, 11:47:39 AM

Once again, Songanddanceman's inflated opinions are supported by supposition.  At least he isn't all and out lying to back up his opinions this time. Or is he.....?  He is so ridiculous.

• Tony nom rants  May 3 2016, 11:25:13 AM

Steve Martin's book (the worst part of Bright Star) over Jessie Nelson's for Waitress. What the....?

• Funny Girl transfer?  Apr 28 2016, 08:04:38 PM

Sheridan was wonderful, though not quite full throated enough to be a completely satisfying Fanny. But this Michael Mayer production looks, at times, like a very good amateur production.  It would never fly here.

• FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway  Apr 20 2016, 02:33:34 PM

Isn't Betsy a soprano (wasn't she Rosa Bud?). And isn't Elsa an alto belt?

• SHUFFLE ALONG rush  Apr 19 2016, 09:11:40 PM

Thank you!

• SHUFFLE ALONG rush  Apr 19 2016, 02:03:20 PM

What is the status these days? What time are people lining up for tickets?

• Hamilton on the west end  Mar 25 2016, 12:24:13 PM

The cast of "In the Heights" in the West End is pretty terrific. I'm sure there are numerous members of that cast who will be looked at.

• Hungry @Public  Mar 15 2016, 07:54:40 PM

macnyc said: "Has anyone had trouble hearing the dialogue? A couple of people here in the office said that they missed some lines. They said there is even a sign at the Public notifying audiences that the sound level is "conversational." My hearing is good, but I'm wondering if I should get the listening device? I'll be sitting in Row D.

I had no problem.

"

• Report Abuse Links opinion thread  Mar 13 2016, 02:51:24 PM

tazber said: "Other than Pasquale I've also noticed that very few people joining the fray are currently working on Broadway, and I wonder if they were told to stay out of it. Which would be very wise.

Check out todays' TIMES.  Megan Hilty, who is treated very well on these boards sounds off in-tweet. Now Kat McPhee...she has reason to tweet in solidarity!

• BLACKBIRD Reviews  Mar 11 2016, 07:41:00 PM

I enjoyed Michelle in Cabaret...but her Una is excruciatingly annoying.  I was actually mad at her, I thought her performance was making me side with Daniels' character, so I didn't get to see the play the way the author wanted me to. Man, I hated her...

• The Crucible previews  Mar 5 2016, 12:31:41 AM

jasonbrody said: "I got in by myself to the first preview show last night.  Incredible.  Van Hove lived up to my expectations, which have been considerably built up since I saw A View from the Bridge in January.  The production is naturalistic and Brechtian at the same time – it lays the text bare in a way I’ve never encountered before and illuminates corners of it that I’d never considered and never noticed.  I have some questions about the set

• BLACKBIRD Previews  Mar 5 2016, 12:29:07 AM

Michelle Williams is giving one of the worst professional performances on a stage that I've seen in a long time. And I really enjoyed her in Cabaret.

Jeff Daniels, however, is SOOO fine in the role. Absolutely terrific. Especially playing against whatever it is that Michelle, poor thing, is doing.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

COUNTDOWN CLOCK