Profile for broadwaydevil

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld broadwaydevil
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: broadwaydevil
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s): A Chorus Line
Caroline, or Change
Company
Death of a Salesman
Follies
Hairspray
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
Into the Woods
Les Misérables
Once
Sweeney Todd
The Book of Mormon
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Idina as Mama Rose?  Sep 24 2016, 07:18:34 PM

No thank you. I don't believe she has the acting chops and I'm skeptical that she has the voice. She also reads as being far too young to play Mama Rose.

• Who is going to Hami  Sep 24 2016, 06:55:21 PM

Very few people would get that much security. Most likely only Obama (doubt he's seeing it), Biden, Trump, Clinton, maybe Paul Ryan and John Kerry.

• THE FRONT PAGE Previews  Sep 24 2016, 06:25:22 PM

I rushed this today. I got to the box office just as it opened and was maybe 25th in line. The rush tickets were $50 and I was told by the box office attendant that it was "partial view." I was a bit miffed by the idea of paying $50 for a partial view rush seat but bit the bullet. I have no clue why they are calling these partial view. I was in the 7th row, house left in the middle of the row and the view was perfect. Pretty sure everyone around me (including people on my left) paid

• THE FRONT PAGE Previews  Sep 23 2016, 12:04:02 AM

Have they announced a rush policy?

• THE ENCOUNTER Previews  Sep 21 2016, 11:37:56 PM

Oof I think I'm going to skip this one.

Thanks for all the reviews and for everyone who actually explained what this is since I could not for the life of me understand the concept.

• Edward Albee Has Passed  Sep 17 2016, 02:47:45 AM

"I swear, if you existed, I'd divorce you."

Cheers to a legend - RIP Mr. Albee.

• Best Cast Tony Award  Sep 11 2016, 08:38:09 PM

I don't think "cast" or "ensemble" awards make much sense. It would pretty much exclusively go to shows that sweep the acting categories anyways. I also agree with ljay that Tonys would become way too plentiful. It's absurd that we still didn't get the Sound Design category back.

• Broadway musical duets about fairytales  Sep 5 2016, 11:15:55 AM

If you're going to a duet from Into the Woods, make it "No More".

• 2pm show b4 12/30 8pm JFK flight?  Sep 5 2016, 11:13:34 AM

I don't know on earth it could have taken someone 3 hours to get from midtown to JFK. Figure about an hour via subway, a little shorter if you take a taxi or the LIRR from Penn station to Jamaica and the timing works out.

2 hours in advance should be sufficient at JFK. Even if the show you see lets out at 4:45, it's still perfectly simple to make it to JFK by 6. I don't think I have ever left from midtown more than 3 hours before a domestic flight at JFK and I'

• Heather Headley Vacation  Aug 20 2016, 07:31:50 PM

Thanks everyone for the help! I checked Telecharge and didn't see anything but got concerned since I had heard she was out, but it makes sense that they took it off since she's back.

• Heather Headley Vacation  Aug 20 2016, 11:40:11 AM

Does anyone know if Heather Headley is out this whole week/will be out of The Color Purple tomorrow? I was planning on rushing and would really love to see her.

• Gettting back to Philly After Hamilton  Aug 13 2016, 10:15:14 AM

I have done this several times when I lived in Philly. If you don't like late night driving I would absolutely take the Megabus or Bolt Bus. There are more options and it's always on time and never runs into traffic at that hour and drops you right off at 30th Street Station.

• No She Loves Me tour?  Jul 19 2016, 12:20:55 AM

It's nonprofit theater. The shows aren't brought to Broadway with the intention of commercializing and touring, like most commercial projections, Roundabout's Cabaret "return" not withstanding. Most shows Roundabout mounts would have little success on tour and with no commercial producers attached to their productions, no one wants to front the money unless there is a serious opportunity. 

• Elisabeth Vincentelli@ New York Times  Jul 19 2016, 12:01:26 AM

http://www.playbill.com/article/the-post-says-farewell-to-long-time-drama-critic

Looks like the Times scooped her up - not sure how regularly she'll be contributing but oof they didn't give her a high profile first assignment, did they? Also, it appears the Post may no longer have a regular theater critic on staff, unless I am missing on someone? If so, certainly sad news.

• Will Jessie Mueller still be in Waitress in November?  Jul 18 2016, 01:35:38 PM

Don't some contracts start when they begin the tryout?

Nope. Contracts are almost always (in fact, in my experience, always) renegotiated when a show transfers. It's possible if a show transfers with its cast directly that some actors may not want to commit the full standard 12 months, meaning the newly negotiated contracts could be shorter.

• 2013 GLASS MENAGERIE - Laura's entrance  Jul 12 2016, 12:37:46 AM

This thread is reminding me just how phenomenal this production was. Laura's entrance was fitting and artful, Cherry Jones and Zachary Quinto were excellent and that has to be one of my favorite sets. It feels like next season is far too soon for another revival, especially when the one done most recently is looked on so fondly by most who saw it.

• FOR  Jul 5 2016, 06:05:30 PM

Is the ticket still available?

• Jake Gyllenhaal in Sunday in the Park  May 25 2016, 12:24:45 PM

Just got a balcony seat. There are still seats left! So excited I snagged one.

• Study Spot around Theatre District or elsewhere  Apr 23 2016, 10:59:49 AM

I know you said doesn't have to be "library volume"...but why not go to the New York Public Library? The Rose Main Reading Room is a great place to study and noise won't be an issue at all. I have spent hours there.

• Is She Loves me open ended?  Mar 18 2016, 03:12:03 PM

Roundabout will just continue extending. They will not make it open-ended. The last big hit they had was Anything Goes several years back, and I suppose, the Cabaret re-revival. Both just kept getting extended. As a non-profit, it would be strange to announce an open-ended run. I also don't think their subscribers would be happy that one of the two Broadway houses they own is locked up with an open-ended run of a show.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Back to Falsettoland w/ OBC - Passing the Torch
Backstage Bite
TV Exclusive: BACKSTAGE BITE with ALADDIN's Rodney Ingram!
Turning the Tables
Binge on TURNING THE TABLES!
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
TV:-LuPone's Autobio - Lands EVITA!
KID CRITICS
TV: KID CRITICS Swept Away at PHANTOM
BROADWAY SESSIONS
BWW TV Exclusive: THE LION KING Cast Roars at Broadway Sessions