Profile for Justin D

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Justin D
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Justin D
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:
Birthday: - - -
MySpace URL: http://www.myspace.com/justin_downey_barbados
MSN IM: bajanwhiteboy@hotmail.com
Yahoo IM: skimble1976@yahoo.com
Profile: Artist in Barbados, into set design.

Favorite Show(s): Aida
Cats
Chess
Miss Saigon
The Lion King
Wicked

Favorite Performer(s): Julia Murney
Drew Sarich

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Miss Saigon Revival Will Land at Its Original Broadway Home  Aug 19 2016, 08:04:11 PM

it looks so

• Maintenance of Long Running Shows  Aug 19 2016, 09:19:25 AM
    I also remember reading that they kinda knew Phantom would run a long time therefore they built alot of the set to last. (steel stage etc.)
    I don;t think they changed the staircase as that would be a huge changeout, and its purpose built for that theatre so they cant just swap it with the old one from tour. They might change bits and pieces as needed and repaint. You can also see alot of areas on the stage floor that gets repainted or replaced. Where the chandelier sits is very scratched up
  • Miss Saigon Revival Will Land at Its Original Broadway Home  Aug 19 2016, 09:10:28 AM
    and of all the lyric changes they left in the most cringe worthy line in the whole show:
    Thuy with his line about "allright, that's it, that's all, you go back, I'll take over now"

set wise, regarding the original, is any one on here familiar with anyone that worked backstage, because I;ve always wondered how the heck they store all those trucks and sets backstage? do they reuse the trucks (bases)and just add the sets to them before they slide on? Almost every scene has 2 or 3 truck
  • Current Phantom cast  Aug 18 2016, 08:59:17 AM
    I do believe that the Phantom in Bryant Park was actually Mr. Andre. Also it could be a long wait for that cast change as the current Christine just started. I believe James contract ends around February unless he extends again.

Christine alternate schedule keeps changing. Usually she is on Mondays and another day but I can't remember which.
  • Miss Saigon Revival Will Land at Its Original Broadway Home  Aug 18 2016, 08:55:51 AM
    Saw both London versions and the original Broadway run and while I love the original design, I found this new one to be very effective (Unlike the Phantom Re-design)
    By only issue was those side platforms, It seemed to me an odd choice to have a whole scene elevated stage left which I am sure might have some issues to people sitting at the far end of house right. Maybe with the Broadway's larger stage they will have more room and these platforms can slide onstage more. (it is also nice to s
  • re: How can I get phantom of the opera front row or right box tickets?  Aug 16 2016, 01:05:10 PM
    yea, they were great when they were around $50, not sure you will get any nice seats at the price until maybe when the summer rush is over, usually you might get a rear mez for that price.

Also it depends on what day you go, sometimes the $25 back row seats go up to $75 on weekends
  • Most creative *Spoiler?* Javert's...  Aug 16 2016, 11:21:39 AM
    Is it my bad memory but I am sure in the original he 'falls' and ends up rolling around on the turntable with the lights swirling around him flat on the floor?
  • re: How can I get phantom of the opera front row or right box tickets?  Aug 16 2016, 11:13:31 AM
    Boxes are only available from box office, they are not usually hard to get unless it is busy season, last time I went was February this year and I was the only person in any of the boxes, they were $80 something dollars though, they use to be $50 something which was an excellent deal. not sure what price they are now. Seems to me that they by default start to sell the house right boxes first, personally house left are better because of certain set pieces, so when you go to box office, you should
  • cats new cast cd  Aug 10 2016, 01:18:09 PM
    Brian07663NJ said: "not sure it is entirely necessary...there are already SO many cast recordings from all over the world.

http://castalbums.org/shows/cats/1634

"

I need to find those 2 japan recordings somewhere, do you know if that first one is like the first phantom one that is hard to find?

I prefer the fuller recordings but I think I might need to look for that Mexic

• Lion King Lottery Questions  Aug 10 2016, 01:11:24 PM
    Will have to keep that in mind, do they give you a time when they send out the winning emails? (not only for Lion King but the other ones aswell)

and yes there are still companies that charge roaming, usually these though are for myself who are 'international' customers, and the charges are ridiculous.
  • Lion King Lottery Questions  Aug 10 2016, 09:05:49 AM
    is this one also an online lottery?
    because those are ridiculous to win.

Personally, as a tourist who does not want to pay for roaming changes on my cellphone, online lotteries are the worst thing to come along because by the time i get back to the hotel to check email, if i did win anything, the time to collect has probably come and gone.
  • cats new cast cd  Aug 10 2016, 09:03:38 AM
    said this in another thread, I'd love one too, once it is complete, but Im not holding my breath as they always complain how expensive they are to produce. My guess is they probably will only do a single of Leona singing Memory. Back when Nicole did it in london there was the same question and even to do just the single was deemed too expensive, so who knows.
  • Any word on a Cats revival cast recording?  Jul 31 2016, 04:43:42 PM

I'd love for one, but only if it were complete

• Cats Previews  Jul 26 2016, 12:23:46 PM

not sure if they are using it or not, but these days the synth technology has come a long way and alot of times you can't really tell when typically 'real' instruments are done on keyboards (horns and strings in particular)

• CATS revival scenic design vs Original Broadway Scenic design  Jul 26 2016, 12:20:28 PM

It was said in interviews by various people that Grizabella's exit was out onto the roof, like the roof roof outside of the theatre, so they had to build a walkway/tunnel for when it rained/snowed etc.

I am guessing the false ceiling is just so that you cant see the staircase when not in use, but I dont know either.

as for london, as on the dvd, the tire stays up (it might come down half way) but slides back to its usual position for addressing of cats, so the cats are in fr

• CATS revival scenic design vs Original Broadway Scenic design  Jul 25 2016, 04:14:08 PM

that video was so touching, esp the one with Laurie Beechman singing Memory, for anyone that has had a sickly pet that died it was very touching, esp. the applause when she gets onto that ramp. had me tearing up at work. and to make matters worse, knowing that she dies a year later in real life, such a talent she was

this was the seating chart when cats was there (with the onstage s

• CATS revival scenic design vs Original Broadway Scenic design  Jul 25 2016, 01:00:37 PM

Thanks for that video, I'm so glad they are using the London style wigs in the revival though. So not a fan of Deuteronomy's puffy wig

• Cats Previews  Jul 24 2016, 02:13:01 PM

original design with bloomers and bows in the 'ears'

version we are more familiar with (broadway)

updated design for Nicole, with corset and high boots, stra

• Cats Previews  Jul 24 2016, 01:57:11 PM

Grizabella has actually been redesigned, similar, but redesigned, will post pic soon

• CATS revival scenic design vs Original Broadway Scenic design  Jul 23 2016, 08:31:37 PM

I found this a few days ago online, I am guessing this was the Japan production, reminds me of the London one except for the clouds

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Cast of FUN HOME's Broadway Memories
Backstage Bite
SCHOOL OF ROCK's Will Blum!
Turning the Tables
Binge on TURNING THE TABLES!
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
TV:-LuPone's Autobio - Lands EVITA!
KID CRITICS
Say Yeah to KINKY BOOTS!
BROADWAY SESSIONS
TV: Bway Kids Show Off at BROADWAY SESSIONS!