Profile for Justin D

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Justin D
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Justin D
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:
Birthday: - - -
MySpace URL: http://www.myspace.com/justin_downey_barbados
MSN IM: bajanwhiteboy@hotmail.com
Yahoo IM: skimble1976@yahoo.com
Profile: Artist in Barbados, into set design.

Favorite Show(s): Aida
Cats
Chess
Miss Saigon
The Lion King
Wicked

Favorite Performer(s): Julia Murney
Drew Sarich

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Revival of CATS closing on December 30, 2017  Jun 22 2017, 11:05:31 AM

trpguyy said: "bryan32 said: "I guess they wll be kicking them self for not doing a cast cd"

Not at all. A cast recording would have been a terrible investment to make (there are already countless recordings)... now imagine spending all that money to make a recording and then have the show close shortly after. 

"

I wouldn't say countless, lol, well English ones, they are only 3 and one is hard to find. But i

• Revival of CATS closing on December 30, 2017  Jun 21 2017, 09:34:39 PM

i cant believe after all this time people are still wondering where Frozen is going, the set model in the pics was of the St. James and it has been confirmed for months

• Revival of CATS closing on December 30, 2017  Jun 21 2017, 07:09:11 PM

Im just glad I got to see it, having not seen the original, was hoping to see it again

• LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour  Jun 8 2017, 08:53:05 AM

Lot666 said: "Justin D said: "It is totally unrealistic to think that back then someone would be so casual with a sexual encounter as people are nowadays (and it happened more than once so you cant blame it on a one of spur of the moment thing)."

I disagree that such a thing would be unlikely in the show's era. I think people are, always have been, and always will be given over to romantic passions; the only thing that changes from generation to gene

• LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour  Jun 7 2017, 10:35:18 AM

Mister Matt said: "I mean, when people start going off on these things as "unrealistic" I want to remind them the Phantom, Christine, Raoul are all fictitious characters.

I can't speak for others, but for me, the problem is that the plot hinges on a backstory that is implausible within the realm of the original story and characters.  Having your supporting characters go off the rails like pathetic lunatics at every tur

• 1992 Premiere Production of Sunset Boulevard  Jun 2 2017, 01:32:14 PM

ok thats what i thought because i saw that one, didnt realise they did 2

• 1992 Premiere Production of Sunset Boulevard  Jun 2 2017, 08:22:59 AM

watched this just now but I could have sworn that Rhea Jones did the Sydmonton show, I guess not.

• Unpopular Opinions  May 24 2017, 12:09:17 PM

i agree too

same for that werid singing style of Brittain Ashford, yuck

• Remembering the Mark Hellinger Theatre (In Honor of Eliza Doolittle Day)  May 24 2017, 10:00:12 AM

I assume the theatres themselves own some of the basic rigs, but more are added as needed.

The thing about that miss saigon photo, it is a pitty that the show was not intended to be more 'permanent' because they could do well with some masking around those box areas to fully black out that area.

I like when this happens because overall things look less distracting/clashing with the architecture.

Cats does it, but this is also a production design choice. same for P

• Unpopular Opinions  May 24 2017, 09:55:22 AM

these are serious ones for me from shows I;ve seen recently............

Josh Groban, I love him, but he was only nominated because he is Josh Groban, his role was underwhelming.

The other guy from Comet that was nominated (cant remember his name) I also cant figure out why.

Great Comet, I liked the show but it was just ok.

On seeing Anastasia, I'm so not a Ramin fan, his singing i find quite irritating and nasal.

• Remembering the Mark Hellinger Theatre (In Honor of Eliza Doolittle Day)  May 23 2017, 09:18:31 AM

Atleast over at the majestic if memory serves, I guess they knew they were going to be in for the long haul and at least painted their lights to match somewhat the ceiling.

One hand I love to see technology but other times it really is too much, was glad to see that not a whole lot was hanging from the roof of the palace for Sunset, and I also loved that in Anastasia (spoiler maybe) they make use of the blank side walls in that lovely song, it actually made me tear up.

• Remembering the Mark Hellinger Theatre (In Honor of Eliza Doolittle Day)  May 22 2017, 11:44:35 AM

As much as I would love that theatre to come back into theatrical use, I feel that gorgeous interior will get spoilt by all the light and sound rigs or even worse (cough) Mary Poppin's "bridge" thats still there at the New Amsterdam, ruining the look of that theatre's dome

• Petition to get Majestic Theatre Renamed for Hal Prince  May 22 2017, 11:35:10 AM

The Majestic Prince Theatre? lol

but no, I think the Majestic and it's name is a bit to famous for a name change, like changing the Palace Theatre to the Judy Garland Theatre, just leave it alone

• How did Sutton foster change so fast in shrek?  May 18 2017, 02:40:04 PM

in the first change, there is a reason why she stays behind a scrim, because it isnt her but a double miming to her song.

on the DVD they filmed her so they can get closeups, but usually that section is a double

in the end she gets made up but her makeup is not as extensive as shrek, body suit/dress with the green boobs (it ends by the necklace) so all they really have to do is green up her face and slap on the nose (and new wig)

• Which shows have conductors only  May 16 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Add Kinky Boots and Manna Mia to the list of keyboard playing conductors

• Elphaba's broom  May 11 2017, 11:14:29 AM

snarky y'all are, lol

anyways, I'll bite.

The broom is very low tech, in the straw section there is a tupe and they just shove a stick up it and wiggle the broom up the trap door and she grabs it. On tour it looks nicer because it 'floats' in from the wings on a wire.

The benches and beds and all other scenery is driven/pulled on by wenches in the stage deck with cables and motors and all that stuff

• SPAMALOT Grail Audience Member  May 11 2017, 09:53:10 AM

maybe someone in production staff just kept an eye on the person in that seat to see how they react throughout the show and if they dont seem like the sort who will want to or can, pick another nearby seat number?

• Phantom TDF Seat Location  May 11 2017, 09:41:42 AM

It changes depending on whats available, but if you have the choice between rear orchestra and rear mezz, take the rear mezz.

it might seem further back but you get to see the 'whole' show from back there

• Souvenir Programs Vs. Playbills  May 5 2017, 04:24:42 PM

regarding the cast bios and who is on, playbill is usually more accurate than the program inserts

But you cant beat the photos, I always buy one if available. can;t say what are my faves, but I can say what are come clunkers, Book of Mormon and Hairspray come to mind. Their layouts are terrible and the pics aren't all that great.

Overseas (London more recently) have just been combining the two with one program (souvenir brochure) that has includes all of the usual 'playb

• Plays & Musicals With One Set?  May 4 2017, 12:51:05 PM

for me, I kind of think Mamma Mia, Hamilton and Kinky Boots are one set, as not much changes, I've only seen Mamma Mia and Kinky Boots 'live' and they are both successful to me, and so is Hamilton from what I've seen.