Profile for Justin D

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Justin D
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Justin D
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:
Birthday: - - -
MySpace URL:
Yahoo IM:
Profile: Artist in Barbados, into set design.

Favorite Show(s): Aida
Miss Saigon
The Lion King

Favorite Performer(s): Julia Murney
Drew Sarich

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Tangled Coming to Broadway? (FOR REAL)  Nov 13 2015, 12:04:32 PM

Usually I like Disney shows but this one looks to much like the original run of Beauty for me, and too much of that "oh golly gee" acting. But hopefully if they do decide to make a go at it on Broadway that they jack up the scenery so its not so cartoony and 'expected'

• Evita 2006/2012 Revival  Oct 19 2015, 11:14:41 AM

It might seem to be a small thing to get worked up over, but after singing the role so so often in London then Broadway, I just could not get past her, after all that time, still singing "And it seem-ED to the world it was all I desired"

seem---ED, Nobody in the whole cast could not have told her that the proper pronunciation is seem'd. I know english is not her first language bla bla bla, but that one was a real doozie. And when I saw the show in NYC I saw

• Brent Barrett To Star As Phantom in Germany?  Oct 7 2015, 12:15:36 PM

How interesting, odd but interesting.

• Brent Barrett To Star As Phantom in Germany?  Oct 6 2015, 11:29:54 AM

If accurate it would be interesting casting.

The former main phantom from Hamburg is U/S for Phantom in love never dies so anything is possible.

but it would be a bit surprising to me for them to go that route with all the German male musical stars that can take on that role.

Side note, I personally would love if he took over from James when his contract ends

• Wicked at 5,000 Performances-What Do YOU Love Most About Wicked?  Oct 2 2015, 08:56:33 AM

Let's not forget Fyerio's first act white pants and VPL

Having just seen the London production for the first time, (front row) I swear it gets tighter and tighter

• Wicked at 5,000 Performances-What Do YOU Love Most About Wicked?  Oct 1 2015, 12:26:50 PM

The set

I don't care if the time dragon is not mentioned in the show but that set is still kick ass

• Aida the Musical  Sep 8 2015, 12:26:42 PM

I had issue with Ivory's accent at the time.

Also saw Cheyenne as Radames, he was very, um, unconvincing as a straight army general

• Musicals Most Love But You Don't  Sep 8 2015, 12:21:47 PM

All of Sondheim's works

• Aida the Musical  Sep 7 2015, 11:23:32 AM

I'm a  huge Aida fan. Can't understand why it hasn't played London as yet.

Saw it first on tour and later on Broadway. My issue at the time was the celeb casting. ON one hand it was good because it presumably brought in numbers and it was always a kick to hear someone else's take on those songs. on the other hand, without a celeb I am not sure how popular it would be. Basically for me it started to rely too much on a name, like what happened with Sunset Blvd.

• Digital Lotteries...the new thing?  Jul 17 2015, 03:40:42 PM

Well I guess this locks out international visitors like myself who might not be able to activate roaming on my cell phone to send in the request or receive the notice of if I won or not.

• Phantom Revamp  Jun 3 2015, 11:16:31 AM

Don't forget, original run of Les Mis went through changes and cuts after running for a while, so too did Lion King.

JOJ, Peter Joback, Earl Carpenter, and my personal favorite: Ramin Karimloo. I know they brought Norm in, but sadly I didnt get to see his performance. 

Regarding bringing in Phantoms, Peter Joback had a 6 month run on Broadway and was dreadful. Ramin (who I personally feel is overated and overexposed) has said he is not interested. Earl, while doing

• Why Are London Marquees So Much Better?  May 22 2015, 03:11:32 PM

Asside from maybe being some regulation, I also just don't think most Broadway houses lend to that sort of thing, most being along a narrow street so you don;t really get to see them at a good distance to need a splashy marquis. That being said, some have had various gimmics over the years.

Into the Woods had that big inflatable foot

Grease was painted pink

Priscilla tried the shoe I think

Hairspray had a spray bottle (but it was tiny)

• SUNSET BLVD with Donna Murphy?  May 20 2015, 04:24:30 PM

Id love to hear Julia Murney sing those songs, and would also think she would look stunning in the original costumes

• Josh Groban as Jean Valjean  Apr 10 2015, 12:43:34 PM

He sounds great there, is that in the same key as the original though? because he didnt do well in Music of the NIght that one time. (remember when he was rumoured to play Phantom at what I think was to be the 20th anniversary RAH concert that ever happened)

I'm just sure I like the look of a tall skinny Valjean, saw Drew Sarich and as much as I love him, I just not sure long and lean is a good look for Valjean

• How did James Barbour Do as the New Phantom?  Mar 20 2015, 11:31:49 AM
    Vandalism is a good point that I have not thought about, both in vandalizing the photos on the marquis and using the electronic photos to make some nasty memes. Some people when they get a bee in their bonnet just don;t stop.
  • How did James Barbour Do as the New Phantom?  Mar 19 2015, 11:17:23 AM
    I'm always on the fence about the catch.

On one hand it is a nice touch, but when seen (usually in London) because of the nature of knowing that you have to catch someone in 3,2,1. It almost always looks as though the actor starts to 'catch' before christine even starts to faint.

On the other hand, I have seen Phantoms not do the catch but react quite nicely to her fainting, reaching out to her, trying to catch her and not getting there in time, etc. Howard even use to do this
  • How did James Barbour Do as the New Phantom?  Mar 18 2015, 12:43:25 PM
    Would someone that is in NYC be so kind and when next passing the theatre snap a photo of the production photo of James used in front the theatre? I am sure there is one up, and post here, thanks.

also, glad to see his mask fits and suits him well with not an over enlarged forehead as often happens with this new kind of mask
  • Best Les Miserables Cast Recording?  Mar 18 2015, 12:37:59 PM
    I can;t settle on one because there are performers in all that really irk my ears. I do like the 10th but it is not complete and the audio levels are way low. I just take out the songs from each I like and put them together to make my own mash-up recording.
  • Minskoff Theatre: Bad Seats?  Mar 13 2015, 10:17:40 AM
    Usually I don;t mind back row seats since most shows I go to I have seen already, so I am just going more to hear new voices and such, and have sat in the back of the mez for Lion King and it was really far back.

The thing about Lion King in particular (my opinion anyways)is that since tie costume/puppets are so important, if you are not close enough to appreciate the intricacies of them, then the show can get a bit, um, boreing (and this is from a huge fan of the show). This is somethi
  • Minskoff Theatre: Bad Seats?  Mar 12 2015, 02:27:53 PM
    The website also has some seat view shots that might help you choose.

My issue as a fan of the show (probably the only one on here) is that they never have any cheap-o tickets like alot of other shows, even Wicked has cheaper tickets sometimes.