Profile for Justin D

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Justin D
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Justin D
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:
Birthday: - - -
MySpace URL: http://www.myspace.com/justin_downey_barbados
MSN IM: bajanwhiteboy@hotmail.com
Yahoo IM: skimble1976@yahoo.com
Profile: Artist in Barbados, into set design.

Favorite Show(s): Aida
Cats
Chess
Miss Saigon
The Lion King
Wicked

Favorite Performer(s): Julia Murney
Drew Sarich

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Petition to get Majestic Theatre Renamed for Hal Prince  May 22 2017, 11:35:10 AM

The Majestic Prince Theatre? lol

but no, I think the Majestic and it's name is a bit to famous for a name change, like changing the Palace Theatre to the Judy Garland Theatre, just leave it alone

• How did Sutton foster change so fast in shrek?  May 18 2017, 02:40:04 PM

in the first change, there is a reason why she stays behind a scrim, because it isnt her but a double miming to her song.

on the DVD they filmed her so they can get closeups, but usually that section is a double

in the end she gets made up but her makeup is not as extensive as shrek, body suit/dress with the green boobs (it ends by the necklace) so all they really have to do is green up her face and slap on the nose (and new wig)

• Which shows have conductors only  May 16 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Add Kinky Boots and Manna Mia to the list of keyboard playing conductors

• Elphaba's broom  May 11 2017, 11:14:29 AM

snarky y'all are, lol

anyways, I'll bite.

The broom is very low tech, in the straw section there is a tupe and they just shove a stick up it and wiggle the broom up the trap door and she grabs it. On tour it looks nicer because it 'floats' in from the wings on a wire.

The benches and beds and all other scenery is driven/pulled on by wenches in the stage deck with cables and motors and all that stuff

• SPAMALOT Grail Audience Member  May 11 2017, 09:53:10 AM

maybe someone in production staff just kept an eye on the person in that seat to see how they react throughout the show and if they dont seem like the sort who will want to or can, pick another nearby seat number?

• Phantom TDF Seat Location  May 11 2017, 09:41:42 AM

It changes depending on whats available, but if you have the choice between rear orchestra and rear mezz, take the rear mezz.

it might seem further back but you get to see the 'whole' show from back there

• Souvenir Programs Vs. Playbills  May 5 2017, 04:24:42 PM

regarding the cast bios and who is on, playbill is usually more accurate than the program inserts

But you cant beat the photos, I always buy one if available. can;t say what are my faves, but I can say what are come clunkers, Book of Mormon and Hairspray come to mind. Their layouts are terrible and the pics aren't all that great.

Overseas (London more recently) have just been combining the two with one program (souvenir brochure) that has includes all of the usual 'playb

• Plays & Musicals With One Set?  May 4 2017, 12:51:05 PM

for me, I kind of think Mamma Mia, Hamilton and Kinky Boots are one set, as not much changes, I've only seen Mamma Mia and Kinky Boots 'live' and they are both successful to me, and so is Hamilton from what I've seen.

• Nicole Scherzinger set to be Elphaba in Wicked movie?  Apr 25 2017, 09:29:29 AM

well no, what I meant was, if they were not going for big names, then the obvious choice would go for talent, in phantom they did neither.

• ANASTASIA Reviews  Apr 24 2017, 12:36:07 PM

I wish them all the best and am looking forward to seeing it next weekend, but I just cant help but think that this whole project is 20 years too late.

• Nicole Scherzinger set to be Elphaba in Wicked movie?  Apr 24 2017, 12:33:51 PM

That will never happen, that show is so big they don't need a 'star' they will cast 'nobodies' thereby getting talented singers over star power.

Oh wait, they did that with Phantom, and that went really well............................not

• Performances You Wish You Had Seen  Apr 24 2017, 12:30:38 PM

These for me are based on actual possibility of being able to see them (so not including those that are either before my time or before I liked shows)

Davis Gaines in Phantom

Tshidi LeLoka in Lion King

Laurie Beachman in Cats

Peter Karrie in Phantom (got his U/S)

• Aspects of Love  Apr 21 2017, 11:02:37 AM

I really couldn't get past some of that incidental music, there are some great melodies but some of that incidental music just hits my ears like rocks.

• Telecharge Canceled My Seats  Apr 21 2017, 10:59:40 AM

somewhat similar thing happened to me last year, but with ticketmaster.

I had a ticket booked well in advance, i just happened to be recheck all my bookings 2 weeks before my trip only to find the show on that night was cancelled (basically they changed the nights that they are dark) anyways, i didnt get an email or anything, if I didnt happen to go check my reservation I would have never known it was cancelled and would have showed up to collect my ticket only to see the theatre

• Extreme set differences between a shows world premiere and it's Broadway debut  Apr 20 2017, 11:10:58 AM

But back to topic, it all seems kinda odd to me nowadays that out of torn tryouts are so expensive, with practically the same production values as the finished broadway version, how much realistically can a producer change between the two especially when most of the times with big shows the broadway house is booked before the out of town tryout even starts.

Like if the producers realize that they HATE the visuals in the tryouts, how realistic is it for them to scrap and start over. Or

• Extreme set differences between a shows world premiere and it's Broadway debut  Apr 20 2017, 11:05:33 AM

Not a drastic change, and the location is different, but looking at some of School of Rock photos of the theatre in london, it looks like they have changed up some aspects of the staging over there, looks to me like it is somewhat more 'in the round' but this is solely based on a photo so who knows, but it does seem like they use a turntable.

and if you think way way back, JCS broadway was totally different from JCS london a few years later

• 1996 phantom incident  Mar 16 2017, 01:56:16 PM

I saw him back around the 25th anniversary and again recently and I thought he was a fine replacement Raoul, short notice and all. 

• 1996 phantom incident  Mar 16 2017, 10:08:38 AM

Lot666 said: "I wish the Big Wigs would pay a visit to The Majestic for a look at Kyle Barisich's performance of Raoul. I'm told he's a lovely person, but he is without question the weakest Raoul I've ever seen (and I've seen quite a few). He shout-sings his lines in a monotone, his posture and bearing suggest a modern day kid loitering on a sidewalk, and nothing about him says "sophisticated, handsome aristocrat". He is just completely lacking in c

• JFK - Airtran - Help  Mar 14 2017, 11:09:16 AM

it's probably best to just get a regular metro card and top up as needed, because I dont think the airtrain cost works on the unlimited (7 day) cards

airtrain is $5 each way and you can easily top up the metro cards at any station with a machine

• Betty Buckley's Voice - Technical Help  Mar 13 2017, 01:45:49 PM

isn't what you are referring to similar to scooping?