Profile for Justin D

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Justin D
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Justin D
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:
Birthday: - - -
MySpace URL: http://www.myspace.com/justin_downey_barbados
MSN IM: bajanwhiteboy@hotmail.com
Yahoo IM: skimble1976@yahoo.com
Profile: Artist in Barbados, into set design.

Favorite Show(s): Aida
Cats
Chess
Miss Saigon
The Lion King
Wicked

Favorite Performer(s): Julia Murney
Drew Sarich

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Phantom - West End or Broadway?  Dec 7 2016, 07:48:21 AM

I think too cost would be a factor, generally speaking west end tickets are cheaper and the theatre is smaller so you would get a better view. etc. The cheaper tickets at the Majestic up at the back are very far far away.

That being said, personally, I prefer the Broadway version because everything is just a little bit bigger and breathes better in the Majestic where as in London it can feel rather crammed in at Her Majesty's.

I also think (IMO) that the Broadway cast is usu

• Cats discount code  Nov 22 2016, 07:22:10 AM

lol

I;m going because of sentimental attachment

• Cats discount code  Nov 21 2016, 07:56:49 PM

never mind, apparently they shifted their dark days and its now listed as closed on wednesdays and thursdays in january.

Im just surprised ticketmaster didnt email me about this. I just happened to go in to see what seat number I had.

• Cats discount code  Nov 21 2016, 07:16:37 PM

Did they announce closing?

Because I got a ticket master message that tickets for when I booked end of January has been cancelled

• Sheryl Lee Ralph in Wicked  Nov 21 2016, 02:39:32 PM

brettcx5 said: "Justin D said: "So they have officially brought this costume to the broadway production to replace the lime green one at the end of act 1?

I havent seen the Broadway version in a while, but noticed this costume when I saw London last year.

Has any other Mme. Moribles used this costume yet on broadway?

"Michele Lee used the costume 

Laser Pointers usage at Cats  Nov 18 2016, 08:34:28 AM

Thats what I was thinking also.

But in anycase, do you know if they use red or green pointers? because guns are usually the red ones.

Also I dont really think anyone that sees a red dot on them while on their cell phone would assume right away that they were about to get assassinated. 

The only other 'legal' issue i can see is that sometimes if they accidently hit the person directly in their eye it could cause problems as y'all love to sue

• Sara Jean Ford leaving CATS  Nov 14 2016, 12:02:34 PM

It seems I have no luck at all getting to see her perform live, Tried to see her in Phantom 3 times and got the alternate each time, now with cats, she will be gone by the time I see the show.

• Sunset Boulevard cast  Nov 14 2016, 12:00:12 PM

Chances are when Hamilton opens in London there would be alot of the reverse going on

• Phantom of the opera mask- FOR SALE  Nov 14 2016, 11:57:22 AM

this again, why can;t they at least even try to get it to look correct. This loos so ridiculous

• Lloyd Webber's Best Work?  Nov 10 2016, 03:42:31 PM

Physically, Phantom, but Musically for me anyways it would be Sunset and Evita. But, I do like how in his earlier works the flow is made up of song, song, song, rather than music flowing from one song to another.

Not that it was asked, but my least favourite would be Aspects of Love, his connecting music there is just so bizarre at times. Also I've never listened to Starlight or Jeves

• Phantom of the Opera - M. Levèvre  Nov 10 2016, 03:39:47 PM

I love the show and I never got why Frankfurt either.

• Sheryl Lee Ralph in Wicked  Nov 5 2016, 03:47:21 PM

So they have officially brought this costume to the broadway production to replace the lime green one at the end of act 1?

I havent seen the Broadway version in a while, but noticed this costume when I saw London last year.

Has any other Mme. Moribles used this costume yet on broadway?

• Miss Saigon helicopter question  Oct 20 2016, 08:20:49 AM

That video is definately the london revival. Personally I loved the projection combo. the projection shows the chopper flying in really fast. and at first I thought, dam, no helicopter, then the drop flies out and there it is, to me it worked very well.

I also remember being under the stage at a drury lane theatre tour when they were having a rehearsal above, we just happened to be there in the helicopter scene and the sound effects under the stage were deafening.

• Miss Saigon helicopter question  Oct 19 2016, 02:23:37 PM

photo l_miss-saigon-heli2.jpg
     photo l_siagon05a.jpg
    Miss Saigon helicopter question  Oct 19 2016, 02:16:28 PM

Its kind of what you described, its sort of wheeled on in the dark, moved up and down, then rolled back off again in the dark. The lighting is very important to getting it to look decent

• Future of PHANTOM's 30th Anniversary Production Uncertain Following Theater Fire  Sep 27 2016, 10:43:10 AM

its a large section of the deck plus the edge of some of those large candelabra

also in the photo those velvet rope things they use for the rehearsal scene are also gone, not sure what else, there seemed to be a lot of melted stuff to the side and most of the scenery/props would have been stored there.

• Future of PHANTOM's 30th Anniversary Production Uncertain Following Theater Fire  Sep 26 2016, 09:12:16 PM

sad to see what has happened. Im sure they will get it  up and running as soon as they can. going by photos the deck seemed to be of wood and not steel like a more permanent one. Perhaps they can somehow use parts of the Oberhausen or Moscow set now that those have closed and both of them, like what they were using before the fire, had the large candelabra sliding onstage rather than coming up from the ground.

Pics of the load in looked particularly nice, seeing how they reconfigu

• MISS SAIGON IN THE CINEMA  Sep 13 2016, 11:44:59 AM

Saw it live and the trailer for this looks great, can't wait for it to come out on DVD (I Hope)

http://www.playbill.com/article/watch-trailer-for-miss-saigon-theatrical-screening

• Phantom: Broadway vs US Tour  Sep 13 2016, 10:05:37 AM

Quite simply, the original production is Beautiful,

easiest way to describe it.

The new tour just isn't. Kind of reminds me about how I feel about the movie. the "look" of the tour is closer to the "look" of the movie. Their attempt to make it more 'realistic and gritty' what ever that means. Basically what they did in both instances was to throw all references of period accuracy out the window.

• cats new cast cd  Sep 5 2016, 01:37:05 PM

apparently thats all we might get, the new Grizabella. Word is they may have recorded a Memory single.