Advertisement

Profile for mikey2573

Edit Your Profile |

Member Name: mikey2573
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 2 - 5
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Sandy Duncan to join Finding Neverland  Jan 30 2016, 06:44:24 PM

She was also the best PETER PAN I have ever seen.  You really believed she was a boy --she acted the part so well.  There was nothing at all "feminine" about her portrayal.  I almost wish she would give that role one more try as I would love to see her PETER PAN again.  I know, she is probably way too old now, but I can dream!  It was not, to my knowledge, video taped for the Lincoln Center Theater on tape archive, which is a real shame. 

• SPRING AWAKENING closes today  Jan 24 2016, 06:21:19 PM

I loved this revival as well and was pleased to hear it was going to tour.  Then I read that the plan is for it to tour in 2017 and I realized it will not tour.  Why would they have to wait an entire year to tour this show?  By that time many will have forgotten about this revival.   

• Cherry Jones' 'The Glass Menagerie' going to Edinburgh and Dublin  Jan 4 2016, 10:02:48 PM

I saw this at ART and would love to see it again.  However, a trip to Dublin is highly unlikely, so I am crossing my fingers and hoping that they do one of those worldwide digital broadcasts that are so frequently done over in the UK. 

• Matt McGrath is a Legend  Jan 4 2016, 03:32:50 PM

I wonder if this is the same MATT McGRATH I remember being in the PETER PAN tour with Sandy Duncan back in the 80s. 

• I wanna hear from YOU about Finding Neverland  Jan 2 2016, 10:03:06 AM

If you are watching FINDING NEVERLAND (either the movie or the musical) and you think you are getting the story of the creation of PETER PAN you are woefully misguided.  FINDING NEVERLAND is a work of fiction.  If you want to know how Peter Pan came into being and the details of Barrie's strange, and tragic relationship with the Llewelyn Davies family, and the almost supernatural events of that relationship (it really was that strange and eerie) I highly recommend the book

• The Sound of Music LIVE ITV  Dec 21 2015, 03:59:14 PM

While there don't appear to be any Jewish characters in the story, I always thought that Max was probably gay and that he would have ended up in a concentration camp as a result.  Isn't there a plot point where the Nazis offer him  a position on some kind of government arts council and he accepts?  I always thought it was Max kissing Nazi butt in order to save his own life; sort of like climbing the ladder in the hopes that the higher he goes the less likely the Nazis w

• What should be NBC's next Live Musical ?  Dec 17 2015, 10:13:55 PM

" Most community theaters change the ending of her fate."

Wait......WHAT????  I have NEVER heard of a community theater changing the fate of Nancy in any production of OLIVER!  Of course, that does not mean it has never happened.  But "most" community theaters do this?  I don't think so!  

• The Sound of Music LIVE ITV  Dec 16 2015, 08:54:52 PM

Will we in the USA be able to see it?  Will it be on their website streaming? 

• Lyric Opera's Carousel to replace King and I?  Dec 8 2015, 05:32:57 PM

I'd rather see the Hytner CAROUSEL return to Lincoln Center. 

• Broadway Shows that are rearly revived?  Nov 28 2015, 09:43:18 PM

Oliver! was a big hit back in the 60s and spawned an Oscar winning movie.  But it has only been revived once on Broadway, back in the mid 80s, and was basically the same show that played Broadway 20 years earlier.  Same director, same set designer. As I recall, it got negative reviews and closed very quickly.

It has been revived numerous times in the UK and the 94 revival resulted in a non-equity US tour in 2000 (which was quite good actually).  But aside from that brief

• New Fantine at Les Miserables?  Nov 23 2015, 09:23:45 PM

I have really enjoyed this revival the four previous times I visited. But when I saw it with this new cast I was very disappointed.  Did not like Alfie at all.  He reminded me of an old man at church trying to sing --that arch in the back of the throat.  YECH!  I actually enjoyed Aaron Walpole (who was Ramin's understudy) more when he played the role. Poor singing, poor acting and just a very tired feel to it now.  

I will not be going back.   

• Alfie Boe is leaving Les Miz on February 28th  Nov 13 2015, 08:09:27 PM

I have not seen much on any of the boards about the new LES MIZ cast.  I remember there being a thread but once the new cast came in, it sort of disappeared.  That is opposite of what you'd expect to happen.  Maybe I just wasn't paying attention and missed it. 

• NBC's next live musical  Nov 13 2015, 08:03:52 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "A Christmas Story: The Musical".  Right for the season.  Built in fan base.  Family friendly. HUGE name recognition. 

It's a no-brainer! 

• Most Overrated Tony Award Winning Best Musical  Sep 28 2015, 04:00:48 PM

Rent

• Most impressive Stage Effects (SpecialFX?)  Sep 20 2015, 07:29:45 PM

Spoiler:  Pigtail effect in MATILDA.

She has a costume that has handles on the shoulders right under her pigtails.  Trunchbull is not grabbing the pigtails, she is grabbing the handles on the actresses shoulders.  Of course, the "throw" is a lighting effect (basically flashes followed by a blackout if I remember correctly). 

• Shows that will not make it through the holidays/new year  Sep 20 2015, 07:23:04 PM

I am not sure how much longer Matt M. is in NEVERLAND, but whenever he leaves, unless they have another "name" lined up, I don't see it lasting long without him.  It will close shortly after he leaves. 

I think MATILDA has another year left in it.  And I don't think CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY will be coming to Broadway, primarily because the West End production is not that good, and I noticed that MTI recently announced that their mus

• Musicals Most Love But You Don't  Sep 8 2015, 08:49:12 PM

I still consider RENT to be the worst thing I have ever seen on a Broadway stage.  I felt trapped. 

• Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?  Sep 5 2015, 02:30:03 PM

I will once again voice my support for A CHRISTMAS STORY: The Musical.  It is an absolute no-brainer.

And while we are on the subject of Christmas musicals, I wish someone would bring "Amahl and the Night Visitors" back to TV.  I know it is an opera, but still.  It used to be a TV tradition.  And Audra has expressed interest in playing Amahl's mother. 

• re: The ORIGINAL Majestic Theatre - anyone have a picture of it?  Aug 17 2015, 08:28:40 PM

I believe it was renamed The International Theater.  You can see a picture of it with its surrounding buildings here: 

http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/2936

If you click on the picture it brings you to other pictures of the theater, the marquee and the interior.  Looks like these pictures were taken at a time when advertising billboards dwarfed or obscured much of the building's beauty. 

• The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want  Aug 13 2015, 05:51:43 PM

The Sandy Duncan PETER PAN revival. 

The Broadway cast (and score) of A CHRISTMAS STORY (including all the new lyrics, the different versions of songs and "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out" but with the original cast from Broadway. 

BROADWAYWORLD TV