BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for inlovewithjerryherman
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: inlovewithjerryherman
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 1 - 10
Profile:

Favorite Show(s): A Midsummer Night's Dream
Anything Goes
August: Osage County
Carousel
Damn Yankees
Doubt
Guys and Dolls
Gypsy
Hello, Dolly!
Jersey Boys
Kiss Me, Kate
La Cage aux Folles
London Rhapsody
Long Day's Journey Into Night
My Fair Lady
No, No, Nanette
Oklahoma!
Parade
Passion
Ragtime
Sunday in the Park with George
Sweeney Todd
The Beauty Queen of Leenane
The Full Monty
The Importance of Being Earnest
The Light in the Piazza
The Most Happy Fella
The Pajama Game
The Pillowman
The Time of Your Life
Twelfth Night
West Side Story

Favorite Performer(s): Carrie Manolakos
Laura Benanti
Stephanie J Block
Norbert Leo Butz
Michael Cerveris
Kristin Chenoweth
Carrie Coon
Andrew Davies
Deanna Dunagan
Sutton Foster
Jonathan Groff
Hunter Ryan Herdlicka
Megan Hilty
Hugh Jackman
Alison Jiear
Heidi Kettenring
Ross Lehman
Tracy Letts
Robert Lindsay
Patti LuPone
Audra McDonald
Brian Stokes Mitchell
Robert Morse
Amy Morton
Megan Mullally
Julia Murney
Donna Murphy
Cynthia Nixon
Kelli O'Hara
Bernadette Peters
Da'Vine Joy Randolph
Hollis Resnik
Barbara Robertson
Anika Noni Rose
Sherie Rene Scott
Larry Yando

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Deadline says Jeremy Jordan goneā€¦.  Sep 30 2014, 09:42:03 PM
    I can't believe that anyone hasn't brought up the possibility that this may be a massive PR stunt.

Morrison did the workshop and is a major TV star that makes himself (and more importantly, other people) hundreds of thousands of dollars. Actors of that bankability don't (or shouldn't) participate in limited budget workshops without a right of first refusal to be given the right to choose whether or not they will participate in the production that HAS a budget that will actually make
  • Brigadoon - Chicago  Jul 8 2014, 11:04:40 AM
    SPOILERS GALORE:

Saw the show last night, and enjoyed it very much. It is a darker take on the material...it opens with the offstage voices, and then a moment where Jeff fires a rifle and wakes Tommy, played for full realism...a pretty sobering start to a romantic musical. Everything (with the exception of the Meg Brockie scenes, which are overplayed) is played very naturally and with great complexity.

The biggest revisions that I noticed: "Almost Like Being in Love" is n
  • The Perfect Musical?  Jun 24 2014, 09:11:16 PM
    I agree with jnb9872's sentiments. True, being "about something" (which it certainly is, I think it's a momentous work of art with a terrible reputation) does make OKLAHOMA! better and more palatable of a show overall, but what makes OKLAHOMA! perfect is that it defined a formula - it is meticulously constructed so that every moment not only informs the plot but moves it forward. Every dance move, every word, every note.
  • The Perfect Musical?  Jun 24 2014, 09:02:53 PM
    I believe that there are five perfect musicals, with a couple that are close.

In my opinion, the "perfect" musical is defined by the following categories: every moment, whether sung, acted, or danced, MUST move the story forward in an actionable way. In addition, it is entertaining, and if well cast, is pretty near impossible to mess up as the material can carry itself...you could do them on a bare stage with a piano and a good cast and the material would still stand.

In my
  • Benanti, Jackson and Hensley to star in MOST HAPPY FELLA at Encores!  Mar 6 2014, 09:40:19 PM
    I adore this show. Definitely in my top ten shows ever and the OCR is in the top three. Very pleased with this casting, I think Benanti and Hensley have become renowned for playing characters with deep insecurities, (Louise, Jud) and it doesn't hurt that they both sing magnificently.

Jackson's hot, but I'm a bit over him. I'd rather see Matt Cavenaugh, or Josh Young.
  • Fiddler on the Roof Returning to Broadway  Mar 6 2014, 09:29:19 PM
    I personally don't feel the time is right for a revival of FIDDLER, but who am I? think Burstein is very right for this, but nothing immediately excites me about this.

I will say, to entertain this "massive star" rumor... if Bette Midler went full circle and played Golde....THAT I would not miss.
  • Shows For Male Baritone Powerhouse?  Jan 30 2014, 06:02:13 PM
    Man of La Mancha is the first show that came to mind for me.

Shenandoah also has a great leading man baritone role.
  • Karen Olivo on the Kennedy Center Honors  Jan 2 2014, 11:05:40 PM
    I was thrilled to see Karen, particularly singing such a lovely song. I'm not surprised she's taking a break...every time I've come in contact with her she has seemed withdrawn and unsatisfied (no offense meant, just an observation). I hope she's feeling better.

Contrary to popular opinion, I found Anna Kendrick to be particularly magnetic and her voice to be gorgeous. In fact, I thought that as the tribute went on, the ladies got more interesting (ie: Sutton doing her same-old, culmi
  • WICKED taking Circle in the Square  Dec 18 2013, 10:56:36 PM
    NO> WACKAD SHUD STAY WERE IT IZ.

GERSHWIN 4EVUR. I HOPE EYEDINUH CUMS BACK FOR THE CLOZING.
  • The Iceman Cometh is coming to BAM  Dec 18 2013, 10:50:52 PM
    I must say, that this (admittedly) very long, very depressing evening was honestly one I will never forget.

Falls's direction is astounding, and the set design is literally breathtaking. Lane gives his whole soul in a performance that is, in my opinion, maybe the most naked and honest he has ever been as an actor ever. Dennehy is breathtaking and grounds the show.

But most of all, the supporting performances...the tight cohesive ensemble that supports the pair...Patri
  • What musical should Meron and Zadan do next?  Dec 13 2013, 02:18:12 PM
    Oliver! is an excellent choice! I actually hadn't thought about it.

I also think GUYS AND DOLLS would be an excellent choice.
    Sky - Michael Buble or Jeremy Jordan
    Sarah - Carrie Underwood or Laura Benanti
    Nathan - Eric Stonestreet
    Adelaide - Lady Gaga

• Big Fish Preview Thread  Sep 8 2013, 11:50:34 PM
    OMG ARE YOU KIDDING?

CAMPFIRE GIRL IS STILL THERE?

Ok, this is really starting to bug me. Literally every moment that didn't work in Chicago is STILL there...wtf?

PS:
    Dollypop, I don't think there is anything that would be considered inappropriate for an 8 yr old, maybe some cursing...but i doubt an 8-yr old would have the resolve to sit through the show, which is long, and more contemplative and introspective than you'd expect.
  • Big Fish Preview Thread  Sep 6 2013, 12:56:54 AM
    Thanks for that, Kad...the Witch number, when I saw it, was FULL of Katie Thompson riffing her butt off, reaching for multiple notes in full belt above a high A or even multiple high Cs...it was clearly very difficult for her to sing, and it's intention was to be loud and show-y...and I just don't believe that moment is intended to be so LOUD and "BAM!"...you know what i mean?
  • Big Fish Preview Thread  Sep 6 2013, 12:49:15 AM
    I saw it in Chicago, and i must say that I am absolutely STUNNED that the Western number and the Witch number were not re-examined.

The Western number had almost become a laughingstock in the Chicago community...affectionately known as "There's Gonna Be a Hangin' Tonight". Like, are you kidding? I don't know if it's the same song (hopefully y'all New Yorkers are getting a better tune at the very least) but it's clear that the moment does NOT work and should be rethought...why would he
  • Mods: Please ban JarqueLemos from BWW before the Tonys  Jun 9 2013, 02:18:31 PM
    None of the really cool ones?

Praise Jesus! Girls...we are not cool.
  • Which Rodgers & Hammerstein Classic do you love the most?  Jun 9 2013, 01:44:24 AM
    Oklahoma!. Hands down. Honestly, I think it's the best musical ever written (with Gypsy being a very close second).
  • Mods: Please ban JarqueLemos from BWW before the Tonys  Jun 9 2013, 01:29:01 AM
    We the undersigned:

1. PalJoey

2. blaxx

3. GossipGuy215

4. jackieoh

5. inlovewithjerryherman

(can I just say though, that it is hilarious that we're getting Illuminati-style shade in here tonight, girls)

• Biggest News of the Decade  May 20 2013, 02:15:19 PM
    I second theaterkid's sentiment! And happy anniversary, Gotham. :)
  • Patti LuPone to join American Horror Story  May 12 2013, 06:47:54 PM
    pretty much the best news of the year.
  • Rob Marshall's INTO THE WOODS Film: Sooner rather than later?  Dec 24 2012, 12:37:33 PM
    She's too old now, but Nikki Blonsky would have been a very strong Little Red.

I'd love to see Hilty play the Witch.

Samantha Barks would be a lovely Cinderella.