BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for JeaniusIsMe
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: JeaniusIsMe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 9 - 26
Favorite Show(s): Frost/Nixon
Gypsy
Sunday in the Park with George
Sweeney Todd

Favorite Performer(s): Michael Cerveris
Gavin Creel
Sutton Foster
Patti LuPone
Jenna Russell

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • CAROUSEL at the Lyric Opera in Chicago  Apr 13 2015, 11:11:03 AM

I saw the show yesterday, so I'm just popping in to throw in my two cents. I'm in the boat with some of the others who saw it - I really enjoyed it, but I wouldn't say it's a must transfer. Steven was excellent and found a good balance between the darkness of the character and the need for redemption at the end. Charlotte took a thankless role and gave it some spark - and her dancing in the Louise ballet really worked well. Laura was strongest in the shows final scenes, but her line reading o

• THE FIRST WIVES CLUB 2015 Chicago  Mar 13 2015, 09:21:47 AM
    The night I was at the show, there were definitely pockets in the audience that loved it. That being said, it was about 50% full and those that loved it seemed to be groups of middle aged women out for a girls night.

The husbands sitting with their wives around me were commenting on their dislike for the show, and those with me (late 20s) were certainly disappointed with the show. Is there an audience for it? Perhaps, but from the audience reactions I saw, it's a pretty limited one.
  • THE FIRST WIVES CLUB 2015 Chicago Pre-Broadway Thread  Mar 5 2015, 10:52:36 AM
    Adding my two cents. I've seen a number of pre-Broadway runs, and while I many have issues, most have solid bones to the show that can be built upon. This one? I don't think it can be saved at all.

I left with many of the same thoughts that have been stated on here already- the score is unmemorable, the book is bad, and the story itself is needlessly confusing (when Brenda ended Act 1 saying she didn't understand the plan of revenge, I just nodded my head as I was just as confused by wh
  • THE FIRST WIVES CLUB 2015 Chicago Pre-Broadway Thread  Mar 4 2015, 12:46:23 PM
    I'm heading to the show tonight. I'm strangely intrigued to see how rough it really is.
  • Big Fish Chicago previews  Apr 12 2013, 01:09:44 PM
    Question for those who have seen the show: Most of the side orchestra seats are labeled as partial view. Based on the set design- do you guys think they are really partial view, or do you think people will catch most/all of the action? Thanks.
  • Julius Caesar opens to rave reviews at Chicago Shakespeare Theatre in Chicago  Feb 14 2013, 12:32:31 PM
    I saw it this past Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Another great production from Chicago Shakes!
  • Fall Chicago Theater (Sweet Bird, Sunday in the Park, Good People, etc,)  Oct 29 2012, 09:43:22 PM
    Thanks for starting up this thread. I've only been able to see Sunday so far, but I was debating whether or not to catch Good People and Metamorphosis before each close- and now I think I will definitely catch both.
  • Sunday in the Park at Chicago Shakespeare  Oct 4 2012, 11:46:04 PM
    I saw it last week and absolutely loved the production. Danieley is wonderful, but I thought Carmen Cusack was the star of the production, IMO. Everyone who is yet to see it is in for a treat.
  • Going to Sleep No More Alone  Sep 26 2012, 10:15:10 PM
    The first time I went, I went by myself and the only negative was that I had no one to discuss everything with afterwards. The second time I was with a friend, and while the performance is best experienced on your own, having someone to compare notes with after makes the experience richer, IMO.
  • Question re: Sunday in the Park  Sep 9 2012, 10:58:01 PM
    Chicago Shakespeare is a really wonderful theatre and usually turns out top notch productions (I've subscribed to the last few seasons and have rarely been disappointed with the productions). Their "Follies" last year was absolutely great and I have high hopes for "Sunday."

I would definitely say try to catch it- Sunday is one of my favorite shows and Chicago Shakes should put on a good show.
  • Nathan Lane  Jun 22 2012, 07:45:05 AM
    While I enjoy his comedy/musical work, the two shows I've most enjoyed him in have been Waiting for Godot (really, the whole cast was superb) and The Iceman Cometh (his act four breakdown was amazing to watch).
  • Sleep No More is AMAZING  May 27 2012, 07:31:42 AM
    Theatreboy49: With regard to getting a 1 on 1, it seems- from what I've experienced and read on here- depending on the character, it's either being in the right place at the right time or catching the eye of a particular character.

I personally had 1 on 1s with Malcolm and one of the nurses, and for both it was being in the right place at the right time, while one of my friends had a 1 on 1 with Hecate and that was more a matter of catching her eye.
  • Iceman Cometh at Goodman Chicago  May 4 2012, 08:04:17 AM
    I don't believe the plan was to take it to Broadway after the run at the Goodman. From the interviews and articles in the Tribune leading up to its opening, it seemed that it was intended to be a one-off run. However, based on the reviews and the popularity here, I'm sure that could change.
  • Iceman Cometh at Goodman Chicago  May 4 2012, 12:24:25 AM
    The Times sent Isherwood to review it: http://theater.nytimes.com/2012/05/04/theater/reviews/the-iceman-cometh-at-goodman-theater-in-chicago.html?pagewanted=1

I just bought a ticket- definitely excited for it.
  • Was Elena Roger better in London?  Apr 28 2012, 04:02:55 PM
    I saw the production in London and was pretty disappointed with the entire show overall. I wasn't impressed with Roger and left the show wondering why she had received such strong notices.
  • Has The Touring Cast of Book Of Mormon been announced yet  Mar 22 2012, 11:51:28 PM
    BOM is being marketed here in Chicago as an extended sit-down in the vein of Jersey Boys and Wicked. I'm assuming that if it catches on (and from the word of mouth I've heard, everyone here seems to want tickets), they will create a "Chicago Cast" and send the 2nd National Tour off to Toronto in April of 2013 (as was done with Wicked a few years back).
  • ONE MAN TWO GUVNORS  Mar 17 2012, 09:28:07 PM
    My sister caught it on a trip to London last summer and absolutely raved about it when she got home. I'm planning on catching it when I stop by NYC on a quick visit this summer.
  • Ghost buzz?  Mar 9 2012, 12:12:15 AM
    I caught it over the summer in London and wasn't super impressed with the show. It will likely be able to appeal to the tourists on name recognition for a while, but I'd be surprised if it became a hit.
  • Sleep No More Tickets?  Jan 20 2012, 06:19:22 PM
    The actual entry time given to you, in my experience, doesn't mean anything. If you arrive early enough to be near the head of the line, you'll receive a "card" that will allow you into the elevator early in the first cycle. So, if possible, get there around 10:15 as Jordan suggested, and you'll be just fine. And, if you don't get in until later in the first cycle, you'll have plenty of time to experience the show- don't worry.
  • Little Women the Musical  Dec 13 2011, 12:23:23 AM
    There's a song list here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Women_%28musical%29

BROADWAYWORLD TV