Profile for emo_geek

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld emo_geek
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: emo_geek
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:
Birthday: 1 - 26
Favorite Show(s): Gypsy

Favorite Performer(s): Angela Lansbury

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Lin Manuel Miranda to Receive Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame...To Early?  Jun 23 2017, 12:12:15 PM

Some people simply decline to submit their name. I don't think it's too early. 

• Sweeney Todd 2.0 - Carmello and Lewis  Jun 22 2017, 03:47:05 PM

It has been a month since I've seen Sweeney and I still think about it often! I loved it. 

Random- but can someone explain the Sorry No Eels! sign? Why do they make such a big fuss over it? Magnet, shirt- prominent advertising all contain it. Is it just something they found funny from the original shop? 

• Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?  Jun 22 2017, 03:44:03 PM

I took wrote Dolly with $50 around 6/16 and have yet to hear back. Perhaps they do them in batches? 

• Sondheim on Sondheim at the Hollywood Bowl  Jun 20 2017, 04:12:59 PM

2005's Birthday Celebration was a night I'll never forget (and my avatar was taken at its rehearsal). 

It does say additional casting announced- maybe we'll get some more interesting people? Or do you think it'll all be ensemble? 

• Linda Eder @ 54Below  Jun 19 2017, 12:13:14 PM

I have a feeling she'll cover all her hits and then some. I highly suggest you go. I've seen her live about 3 times now, and would LOVE for her to play Los Angeles sometime soon. For some reason, she doesn't appear here too often. 

• AMELIE to close on May 21  May 4 2017, 07:17:01 PM

After I saw this in LA I was attacked on this board for complaining that the show didn't have any catchy songs in it. Now it's closing. My best to the cast and crew- some very talented players in there. 

• Hamilton LA  May 3 2017, 01:48:37 PM

Great observations, loliveve. Thanks for the insight. I was shocked how many seats they marked as premium. It was also interesting to watch them change their mind on doing a Flex Subscriber pre-sale. 

• Hamilton LA  May 3 2017, 01:07:49 PM

I'm a bit surprised how many seats are still available to purchase. Sure they are the later dates and towards the back and off to the side a bit- but they are there. Is this normal? Did San Fransisco have a similiar selling pattern? I would have thought it would be completely sold out by now...

• The HAMILTON Tour Thread  Mar 7 2017, 12:21:47 PM

Thanks! I always forget to log onto that subscriber site. I'll take a look now.

• The HAMILTON Tour Thread  Mar 6 2017, 05:19:50 PM

Very good to know, conealpetterson! Where did you get that information? I'm a season ticket holder and this is the first I'm hearing of it. 

• The HAMILTON Tour Thread  Mar 6 2017, 03:05:17 PM

thirtythirtyninety said: "wondering when non-subscription tickets for the LA run will go on sale?

"

Same here- I find it very odd they've waited this long. Many people are already planning their summer schedules- and it's very hard to not be able to plan out these tickets. Can anyone speak on the decision to hold off? Are they scared of scalpers? 

• The HAMILTON Tour Thread  Mar 1 2017, 12:22:39 PM

The tour is starting and yet Pantages single tickets are not on sale yet. Is that normal? What do you believe is causing the delay? Do they just want to minimize the time a scalper has to have them on the market? 

• Sunset Boulevard or Amélie  Feb 21 2017, 12:18:39 PM

While I don't know what changes they will make- I really didn't care for Amélie in LA when I saw it. I have a ticket to Sunset and I am really excited. So I would go with Sunset. 

• Sunset Boulevard seating questions  Feb 7 2017, 08:05:27 PM

How Strange...I'm in M6 too...

• Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway /Previews  Feb 3 2017, 02:01:56 PM

nealb1 said: "I have tickets for it at the end of April - Orch Row M, seats 2 & 4.  Based on what I'm reading, will I miss a lot of the action, RogerMoore?

"

Those are my exact seats, nealb1- so I'm glad you asked!! 

• When Will Shoshana Bean Return to Broadway?  Jan 17 2017, 05:07:59 PM

She's greatly respected Los Angeles- and I try to never pass up an opportunity to see her perform. She's a real talent, and I hope the right project finds its way to her. 

• Amelie at the Ahmanson  Dec 5 2016, 02:33:02 PM

playbill-love- I thought the whole show was cast very well. Adam Chanler-berat sounded great, and was adorable falling in love. He seemed comfortable with the role and looked like he was having fun. 

• Amelie at the Ahmanson  Dec 5 2016, 01:42:07 PM

Or perhaps I wish Sondhiem had done Amelie since that score is still in my head after seeing it this weekend. Amelie- not so much. And before you jump on me for that comment, no- I don't actually think Stephen Sondheim should work on Amelie, or that they should be compared, or that Joe is real and had a good idea. People- I've been around the theatre world enough.

Not really looking to argue here. Just wanted to give my review on the show...which I saw. Look forward to hearing your o

• Amelie at the Ahmanson  Dec 5 2016, 01:23:17 PM

JBroadway- I'm trying to think back to the music to answer your question, but I'm not too sure as the songs were a bit bland and forgettable. I believe a catchy tune could also support the narrative and develop the characters and their emotions, many successful shows do both. That being said, I thought the show as a whole was a cute and enjoyable evening of theatre- but the music is not the strongest part. 

I also saw Merrily We Roll Along in LA this weekend, and

• Amelie at the Ahmanson  Dec 5 2016, 11:35:05 AM

I saw it last night and thought it was cute but not amazing. I'm not too familiar with the film, and I wonder if that would have helped. My favorite part was the sets/props, which were very fun. My main thing was that the music was just passable, but I didn't leave the theatre with a tune I could hum. That being said, Phillipa Soo was wonderfully cast and a real talent.