BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for emo_geek
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: emo_geek
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:
Birthday: 1 - 26
Favorite Show(s): Gypsy

Favorite Performer(s): Angela Lansbury

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • NBC Developing BOMBSHELL Musical  Jun 22 2015, 05:24:33 PM

Very few shows would get me to fly to NYC to attend. The last show that got me out there was Audra in Lady Day. That being said, I would fly out to NYC to see the OBC of Bombshell. I love the score, composer, and would love to see it on stage! 

• Lansbury/Jones DRIVING MISS DAISY To Air On PBS 7/17  Jun 11 2015, 04:03:52 PM

I saw it in theatres this past time and absolutely loved it. So happy it will continue to live, but next I demand a blu-ray release. How common is that for PBS? 

• Barbra Stresisand gets a standing ovation at American in Paris performance!  May 4 2015, 12:39:00 PM

Reminds me of the story that Lucy and Desi were at a performance when everyone started standing a clapping. They thought the Queen had arrived so they stood and clapped too until they figured out it was for them. 

• Does anyone have tickets to Bombshell and willing to sell?  Apr 13 2015, 04:18:12 PM

hambon71 said on another thread he had some tickets to sell. 

• The Last Five Years (The Movie, The Thread)  Feb 14 2015, 01:14:46 PM
    I bought the film last night and I enjoyed it much more then I thought I would. It's a simple 90 minute film that I thought translated from the stage well. Both actors give great performances. I thought the vocals sounded great and they had good chemistry. All in all, I can't complain and I'll even watch it again.
  • What happened to Eden Espinosa?  Feb 11 2015, 05:58:04 PM
    Let's please not turn this thread negative. It was a (semi) simple question.

Eden has since gotten married and released an album. The album is titled "Look Around". For more information on Eden, head to her website www.edenespinosa.com
  • THE TOXIC AVENGER to open on Broadway, fall 2015?  Feb 4 2015, 01:10:54 PM
    I saw the show off-broadway and in Texas. I must say I enjoyed it off-broadway more. However, I really do love this show. I still listen to the cast recording regularly and it has some great bits. I'd be happy to see it again but hopefully they get a small theatre.

• HOLLYWOOD BOWL MUSICAL 2015  Jan 27 2015, 03:05:47 PM
    When did they announce it last year?
  • Blithe Spirit with Angela Lansbury  Jan 3 2015, 04:54:16 PM
    Wow! You are right! Only a few seats left and tickets go as high as $175. I guess everyone in LA waited to see it. What. A. Surprise.
  • 'WICKED' PANTAGES THEATRE L.A.  Dec 20 2014, 02:47:04 PM
    I saw the show last Thursday and while I enjoyed it, the sound was TERRIBLE. It sounded like the system couldn't handle that many actors on stage. You could hear a crackling sound almost like an overload. An embarrassment on the theatre.
  • Lady Day to air on HBO  Dec 17 2014, 05:42:05 PM
    This seems like a simple show to record. I ordered HBO after several special events were recorded. I've never looked back. I fully get my money's worth on the service. The movie selection and original programing is top notch, and the app is a dream.
  • Lady Day to air on HBO  Dec 17 2014, 01:43:22 PM
    You guys! Santa ACTUALLY does listen. I went to the mall, sat on his lap, asked for this, and now it's happening!
  • Blithe Spirit with Angela Lansbury  Dec 12 2014, 02:11:45 PM
    I saw the show at The Ahmason last night an immensely enjoyed myself!

I had never seen Blithe Spirit before, and felt the first act dragged a little at the start. However- by 2nd act I found myself fully immersed.

I'm not too big a fan of British humor but I felt all actors did a great job with the material. Standouts for me were the maid and the 2nd wife.

But enough about them. Let's move on to Angela Lansbury. She was wonderful! I was so worried that her fir
  • Blithe Spirit with Angela Lansbury  Dec 9 2014, 10:56:45 AM
    If anyone is seeing the show (previews) tonight, PLEASE report back! Would love to hear your thoughts. I am seeing the show Thursday.
  • Dame Angela Lansbury: Merman really couldn't act her way out of a paper bag. But boy, could she sing  Dec 8 2014, 12:14:37 PM
    Great interview! Even MORE excited to see the show on Thursday. What a funny quote, as I recall Debbie Reynolds saying that Merman was a bad actress because she OVER acted.
  • Seth MacFarlane Musical  Dec 4 2014, 03:56:29 PM
    Jeff Marx should get in on this
  • Blithe Spirit with Angela Lansbury  Dec 3 2014, 10:33:57 AM
    I too bought tickets the minute they went on sale (for LA). I thought this would sell out quick. I think word of mouth will make the later dates much harder to get. I am absolutely so excited. I bought tickets for early into the run (next thursday) and also closing night for LA.

• Love her, but Lucie looks too young to play Berthe  Sep 24 2014, 03:06:24 PM
    Does this mean she is not playing the role in Orange County?
  • Into the Woods Reunion!  Sep 20 2014, 11:35:51 AM
    I do believe this will sell out and not be on Goldstar. It's the talk of the town and the event isn't even till November.

• Dame Angela Lansbury to star in Blithe Spirit in the US (Again)?  Sep 16 2014, 12:53:19 PM
    http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Angela-Lansbury-to-Bring-BLITHE-SPIRIT-Stateside-North-American-Tour-to-Launch-this-Year-in-Los-Angeles-20140916

I am SO excited! This is such great news.

BROADWAYWORLD TV