Profile for emo_geek

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld emo_geek
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: emo_geek
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:
Birthday: 1 - 26
Favorite Show(s): Gypsy

Favorite Performer(s): Angela Lansbury

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Hello, Dolly  Sep 21 2016, 01:11:55 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, haterobics. 

• Hello, Dolly  Sep 21 2016, 01:05:47 PM

I'm a little too tired to dig through this thread for my answer- but I'm about to buy tickets. Is Bette scheduled to perform all shows, or is she only doing 5 or something?

• Theater in LA  Sep 13 2016, 04:54:13 PM

Also don't miss "The Unauthorized Musical Parody of Hocus Pocus" at Rockwell. Marris Jarret Winokur stars as Winifred. I saw their last production of Troop Beverly Hills and had such a good time. 

• In & of Itself @ Geffen Playhouse LA  Aug 12 2016, 12:34:15 PM

I've heard some REALLY good buzz for this show, and I see it is closing next week. Does anybody here have any experience with it? It's a bit pricy, but I'm leaning towards getting a ticket. 

• Angela Lansbury returning to Broadway in THE CHALK GARDEN  Jun 2 2016, 06:49:23 PM

Does this mean I'll be able to see Bette Midler AND Angela Lansbury on Broadway in one trip? 

• Incident at Signature Theatre today.....  Jun 1 2016, 07:53:08 PM

Thank you for sharing. A terrible situation. I was a performance at the Geffen in Los Angeles and sat next to Ben Affleck. At intermission, he helped an elderly gentleman, who I believe he did not know, out of his seat all the way up the aisle and to the door. When the gentleman returned, Ben once again helped him to his seat. I've been a fan of his since. 

• Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness  May 3 2016, 01:41:26 PM

tazber said: "Well she's doing TLM at the Bowl, so she still seems to enjoy live theater.

I did read somewhere (and I believe it was gossip column so take that for what it's worth) that she was not happy with the rigors of Broadway.

"

She is doing The Little Mermaid at the Bowl? I'm not seeing that announced? 

• The Little Mermaid presale code Hollywood Bowl  Apr 26 2016, 01:58:50 PM

JoseLee_- I kinda feel "salty" about it too. Adding a 3rd show I understand, but changing several people set to perform is different. I would have loved to see Susan. However, I would hate to have to fight traffic to the Bowl on a Monday- so I guess I can't complain. 

• Sara Bareilles, Rebel Wilson to lead THE LITTLE MERMAID at Hollywood Bowl  Apr 7 2016, 05:55:05 PM

How much were Super Seats, StageDoor3? I tried to look but got tired of refreshing.

• Sara Bareilles, Rebel Wilson to lead THE LITTLE MERMAID at Hollywood Bowl  Apr 7 2016, 02:15:13 PM

• Sara Bareilles, Rebel Wilson to lead THE LITTLE MERMAID at Hollywood Bowl  Apr 7 2016, 02:00:09 PM

Presale now on sale, use password VOICE. I snagged some box seats to this, but all sections seem to be on sale. 

• RAIN at the Old Globe  Apr 4 2016, 01:06:35 PM

Anybody know of any discounts available for the show? 

• Ahmanson Theatre LA Season Announced  Mar 24 2016, 12:41:47 AM

It's their 50th season, and the Pantages is set to have a record year- you'd think they'd sprinkle a few unique options. 

• Ahmanson Theatre LA Season Announced  Mar 23 2016, 11:58:51 AM

Is this the same non-equity production of Jersey Boys that is currently playing smaller venues around LA? Confused why that would be included in their 50th season. Excited for Into the Woods, Fun Home, and Amelie. Was hoping for Gypsy though...

• Liza & Gypsy  Mar 18 2016, 02:43:25 PM

I'm now very interested to hear more about this! Does anyone have more insight?

• An Act of God in LA  Nov 24 2015, 05:15:26 PM

Has there been an announcement? Titanic is still on the website, but it does appear that it is true....

• Linda Eder new CD -  Nov 10 2015, 02:35:03 PM

I hope this means more tour dates for her. CoughLosAngelesCough

• RAGTIME -- The 2015-2016 Phoenix Entertainment Tour  Oct 21 2015, 02:14:55 PM

Just bought tickets for the Thousand Oaks, CA stop. I hope it's good! 

• Sound Of Music National Tour  Sep 15 2015, 12:01:45 PM

Doesn't it begin 9/20? There have been a lot of posters around Los Angeles advertising. 

https://www.centertheatregroup.org/tickets/the-sound-of-music/

• Jenifer Lewis in 'Hairspray'  Sep 1 2015, 01:37:18 PM

Great question! I'm curious to know myself. Hoping someone here has some insight. 

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Back to Falsettoland w/ OBC - Passing the Torch
Backstage Bite
TV Exclusive: BACKSTAGE BITE with ALADDIN's Rodney Ingram!
Turning the Tables
Binge on TURNING THE TABLES!
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
TV:-LuPone's Autobio - Lands EVITA!
KID CRITICS
TV: KID CRITICS Swept Away at PHANTOM
BROADWAY SESSIONS
BWW TV Exclusive: THE LION KING Cast Roars at Broadway Sessions