Advertisement

Profile for Princeton Returns

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Princeton Returns
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Princeton Returns
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • The Future of Movie Musicals & Film Adaptations of Musicals  Feb 5 2016, 03:05:32 PM

I don't agree with dave19 often but I completely agree on the Evita movie. For me it's one of the best stage to screen adaptions, beautiful visuals, strong cast and fleshes the story out and captures the epic nature of the story. In fact I think it works better on screen than on stage

• AMBER RILEY TO STAR IN DREAMGIRLS ON THE WEST END  Feb 5 2016, 01:03:12 PM

Kavana said: "They should have created a new star for the Original West end cast of this. Idk...Dreamgirls is THE SHOW to show those vocals.

"

If they'd done that no one would go. Even with this casting I think this could be a tough sell without another name or two. 

• Fox's next live musical  Feb 1 2016, 05:26:05 PM

Footloose wouldn't be a bad idea, a film many people know with several known songs, decent amount of dancing and get Derek hough to reprise his role that he did in the west end

• Grease Live! Official Thread  Jan 27 2016, 04:17:13 PM

For those in the uk this will be shown on itv2 at 8pm next Wednesday 

• Daniel Dae Kim to make his Broadway Debut in the King and I in May  Jan 21 2016, 04:20:07 PM

He played the role in london years back at the Albert Hall with Maria friedman.  I didn't see him but I seem to recall he got mixed reviews from.people he did. I've always rated him as an actor so look forward to hearing how he does

• Miscast in Movie Musical Adaptations  Jan 21 2016, 04:18:08 PM

Lol oh twitter being treated as real life does make me laugh. Actors are hardly going to slate the leading man publically. Maybe they did like his performance, maybe they didn't, but in such a suck up world like acting you really can't take what's said on twitter as gospel 

• Miscast in Movie Musical Adaptations  Jan 20 2016, 02:27:28 PM

Hugh Jackman and Aaron Twait (Yes he can sing but had zero screen presence) in Les Miserables 

The three leads of Phantom of the Opera 

Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth in Mamma Mia

John Travolta in Hairspray

I'm not usually a fan but I loved Madonna in Evita, in fact for me it's one of the best stage to screen adaptions there's been

• The Sound of Music LIVE ITV  Dec 20 2015, 03:50:23 PM

Katherine is excellent 

• The Sound of Music LIVE ITV  Dec 20 2015, 03:42:02 PM

I'm surprised how good a job ITV have done. The set is outstanding, the cast are perfect in terms of having name recondition to attract an audience but also have the talent. Kara doesn't quite have the humour Maria usually has but her acting and singing are strong. Surprisingly if anyone looks a bit awkward it's julian

The direction is excellent and it's moving along at a cracking speed.  It's different enough from the movie to keep you interested and not make y

• Beauty and the Beast  Oct 21 2015, 01:23:21 PM

westendfanatic said: "jpbran said: "While some of the performers has been released over the last couple of weeks, they're reporting shooting has now officially been completed (as of yesterday I believe.) Opens mid-March 2017. That is a LOOOOOOOONG post-production period. Almost 19 months... Wow. I know there are a lot of CG effects, etc., but even the new Star Wars' post-production was only about 9 months post shooting. "

<

• Why do people hate Finding Neverland  Oct 14 2015, 03:51:10 PM

For me it's one of the worst things I've seen. Some of the reasons why are

* The set is one of the ugliest I've ever seen. And for all the money thrown at it there's a lack of magic

* The songs are mostly  forgettable and I personally don't think a pop score suits the subject material

* The leads aren't that strong, Kelsey was there for cheap laughs. I hated the 'cheers' joke, completely takes you out of the moment. Matthew tries but isn&

• Next for the Neil Simon  Oct 11 2015, 04:06:12 PM

Andrew Lloyd Webber2 said: "I, too, would like to hear this theory. The theatre has become a terrible flop house. Jesus Christ Superstar would have run longer had it not been in the dreadful Neil Simon. 

"

I really don't buy into the cursed theatres idea. How many people book a show based on the theatre it's in?!. If a show is good, and is something  people want to see, they will come regardless of the venue

• GYPSY, London, LuPone?...Discuss  Oct 11 2015, 04:02:43 PM

There was talk of the patti production transferring after broadway but they thought better of it. Which would was a wise move.

The vast majority of theatregoers would be Patti who? Plus the show itself is not that we'll known over here.

The current production is selling on Imeldas powerhouse performance, and even then it isn't a sell out all the time. If they were to replace Imelda there are other British actresses (e.g Tracie Bennett) who could do the role and would

• Your Broadway Crushes  Aug 18 2015, 03:19:25 PM

Andy Karl

And this goes against my normal type but theres something very attractive about Wesley Taylor

• Beauty and the Beast  Aug 18 2015, 03:15:56 PM

Whilst that is true Capnhook, and it is a fake, I am surprise so many sites have picked it up and Disney seem to have done nothing about it.  Its such an awful photo, youd think they would come out and say its a fake. Or better yet release a real pic of their own

• Why Doesn't Broadway Sell Deep Dish Pizza At Intermission  Aug 10 2015, 03:26:35 PM

Haha some people's reactions on here are funny.

Ice cream is a tradition across the UK in theatres and are just small tubs. And no our theatres are not awash with ice cream stains. I've worked front of house and can't say I've ever noticed such stains. Alcohol and soft drinks however...

This thread maybe proves that Americans arnt ready to handle an invasion of a small tub of ice cream

Far less smelly and noisy than sweets, crisp

• Breaking News: ON THE TOWN Sets Fall Closing Date on Broadway  Aug 8 2015, 03:15:25 AM

Would being in a smaller theatre have made that much difference though?

If the cast, orchestra and physical production were the same then aside theatre rental not much would  change in terms of running costs. Would more people have come to see it in a smaller venue? Probably not as majority of theatregoers don't care what theatre a show is in. So grosses wouldn't have changed.

At least in a bigger theatre they had the chance to try and sell more tickets even at a lo

• OLIVER! Film Reboot Thread  Jul 27 2015, 04:02:16 PM

I actually think the original movie of Oliver was one of the rare times the movie is better than the stage show (Evita being another)

Whilst I understand the idea behind remaking to being to a new audience (llike disney are doing with their old 2d animations) im not sure a young audience will flock on mass  to a musical like Oliver, and the older audience will be put off by fond memories of the original

A Little Night Music would be an ideal remake, it it had two of

• Beauty and the Beast  Jul 20 2015, 05:26:04 PM

I know I've seen him in musicals here in the UK. He is a bland actor and is the same in everything I've seen him in. I hope he brings some charisma finally 

• Beauty and the Beast  Jul 20 2015, 12:37:05 PM

I agree, while I have big doubts on Dan as the beast and his acting capabilities, he does have the perfect look for the transformed Prince

Luke Evans im not sure on either but he definately a better fit than Eddie 

BROADWAYWORLD TV