Profile for Princeton Returns

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Princeton Returns
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Princeton Returns
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Beauty and the Beast  Oct 21 2015, 01:23:21 PM

westendfanatic said: "jpbran said: "While some of the performers has been released over the last couple of weeks, they're reporting shooting has now officially been completed (as of yesterday I believe.) Opens mid-March 2017. That is a LOOOOOOOONG post-production period. Almost 19 months... Wow. I know there are a lot of CG effects, etc., but even the new Star Wars' post-production was only about 9 months post shooting. "

• Why do people hate Finding Neverland  Oct 14 2015, 03:51:10 PM

For me it's one of the worst things I've seen. Some of the reasons why are

* The set is one of the ugliest I've ever seen. And for all the money thrown at it there's a lack of magic

* The songs are mostly  forgettable and I personally don't think a pop score suits the subject material

* The leads aren't that strong, Kelsey was there for cheap laughs. I hated the 'cheers' joke, completely takes you out of the moment. Matthew tries but isn&

• Next for the Neil Simon  Oct 11 2015, 04:06:12 PM

Andrew Lloyd Webber2 said: "I, too, would like to hear this theory. The theatre has become a terrible flop house. Jesus Christ Superstar would have run longer had it not been in the dreadful Neil Simon. 

I really don't buy into the cursed theatres idea. How many people book a show based on the theatre it's in?!. If a show is good, and is something  people want to see, they will come regardless of the venue

• GYPSY, London, LuPone?...Discuss  Oct 11 2015, 04:02:43 PM

There was talk of the patti production transferring after broadway but they thought better of it. Which would was a wise move.

The vast majority of theatregoers would be Patti who? Plus the show itself is not that we'll known over here.

The current production is selling on Imeldas powerhouse performance, and even then it isn't a sell out all the time. If they were to replace Imelda there are other British actresses (e.g Tracie Bennett) who could do the role and would

• Your Broadway Crushes  Aug 18 2015, 03:19:25 PM

Andy Karl

And this goes against my normal type but theres something very attractive about Wesley Taylor

• Beauty and the Beast  Aug 18 2015, 03:15:56 PM

Whilst that is true Capnhook, and it is a fake, I am surprise so many sites have picked it up and Disney seem to have done nothing about it.  Its such an awful photo, youd think they would come out and say its a fake. Or better yet release a real pic of their own

• Why Doesn't Broadway Sell Deep Dish Pizza At Intermission  Aug 10 2015, 03:26:35 PM

Haha some people's reactions on here are funny.

Ice cream is a tradition across the UK in theatres and are just small tubs. And no our theatres are not awash with ice cream stains. I've worked front of house and can't say I've ever noticed such stains. Alcohol and soft drinks however...

This thread maybe proves that Americans arnt ready to handle an invasion of a small tub of ice cream

Far less smelly and noisy than sweets, crisp

• Breaking News: ON THE TOWN Sets Fall Closing Date on Broadway  Aug 8 2015, 03:15:25 AM

Would being in a smaller theatre have made that much difference though?

If the cast, orchestra and physical production were the same then aside theatre rental not much would  change in terms of running costs. Would more people have come to see it in a smaller venue? Probably not as majority of theatregoers don't care what theatre a show is in. So grosses wouldn't have changed.

At least in a bigger theatre they had the chance to try and sell more tickets even at a lo

• OLIVER! Film Reboot Thread  Jul 27 2015, 04:02:16 PM

I actually think the original movie of Oliver was one of the rare times the movie is better than the stage show (Evita being another)

Whilst I understand the idea behind remaking to being to a new audience (llike disney are doing with their old 2d animations) im not sure a young audience will flock on mass  to a musical like Oliver, and the older audience will be put off by fond memories of the original

A Little Night Music would be an ideal remake, it it had two of

• Beauty and the Beast  Jul 20 2015, 05:26:04 PM

I know I've seen him in musicals here in the UK. He is a bland actor and is the same in everything I've seen him in. I hope he brings some charisma finally 

• Beauty and the Beast  Jul 20 2015, 12:37:05 PM

I agree, while I have big doubts on Dan as the beast and his acting capabilities, he does have the perfect look for the transformed Prince

Luke Evans im not sure on either but he definately a better fit than Eddie 

• Jose Llana The king and I  Jul 18 2015, 04:34:38 PM

I agree, Ken Watanabe gave one of the finish acting performances in a musical I've seen in at least the last decade. And aside a line or two in puzzlement I understood everything without a problem 

• Evita 2006/2012 Revival  Jul 18 2015, 04:30:03 PM

I only saw the London production, I wasn't wowed by Elena but she was fine. I thought she was much better in Passion to be honest. 

The production I thought was a huge let down. a static set,although beautiful, didn't aid the story. Much of the direction and staging was lazy/dull and some of the acting/direction was hammy (including the usually great Philip quast). I did like Matt Rawle as Che however

• Possible Stage Roles for Jake Gyllenhaal  Jul 13 2015, 05:45:43 AM

He is getting to the right age now for Joe in Sunset Blvd

• Finding neverland souvenir brochure?  Jul 10 2015, 11:45:38 PM

Is one out yet?

• School of Rock marquee goes up  Jul 9 2015, 01:01:04 AM

Can I just say Bonniebanks is not speaking for all brits. 

If Brits didn't love Cats or CATS why did it sell out the Palladium last year and is doing so again this year and could have sustained a longer run (regardless of grizabella). It also does very well on tour. And whilst, yes, seeing it for the first time was special, people knew what they were getting for decades afterwards so that argument doesn't hold up.

Also, Sierra Boggess is held in no special regard ov

• Cameron Mackintosh Confirms New Oliver! Movie...?  Jul 3 2015, 08:14:56 AM

Tom Hardy has already played Sykes in a TV adaption so not sure he would play the role again.

Agreed though it seems unnecessary and im not convinced theres an audience for it

• Dames at Sea Casting  Jun 27 2015, 02:44:18 AM

I don't know this show at all, but I'd assumed it was an old fashioned musical in the vein of anything goes. A cast of 6? That puts me off completely, not what I was thinking it would be at all.

• Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?  Jun 26 2015, 01:52:39 AM

If he is taking a few months off....but will return in the fall, he surely must be leaving soon. That will annoy all the people who booked to see him over the summer. When I saw it it was clear many were there for him

• MISS SAIGON headed back to Broadway?  Jun 26 2015, 01:51:13 AM

This revival has not gone as well as hoped. It's been struggling for a while, and even from opening it wasn't a complete sell out. Not helped by Camerons early comments about the first six months being sold out (using groups and agents allocations as 'sold 'out), so people assumed they couldn't get tickets. I'm not surprised he wants to save money on a  broadway transfer by using the London set 

Advertisement Advertisement