Profile for themysteriousgrowl

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld themysteriousgrowl
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: themysteriousgrowl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 6 - 8
Favorite Show(s): 42nd Street
Assassins
Caroline, or Change

Favorite Performer(s): Michael Shannon

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • David Malloy or Josh Groban?  Apr 26 2017, 07:32:46 AM

If you have the choice and aren’t attached to Josh as a name, see Dave. I saw Dave three times and have seen Josh twice, and I’m really sad I won’t make it back while Dave is subbing. Josh is terrific. He really is. You’d be more than satisfied with his performance. But Dave owns Pierre.

• What Went Wrong with the NINE Film?  Apr 21 2017, 12:10:18 PM

I actually enjoy the movie on its own terms, but it took me awhile to get to that point, as I’m very attached to the show. Do I wish more than half the score hadn’t been cut? Yes. Is there a much better movie adaptation to be made from NINE? Yes, and I hope someday we see it. I kind of love DDL’s performance in the movie – because it works in the movie. Those choices would never work in the show, nor do I think that’s he’d make those choices i

• HELLO, DOLLY! Reviews  Apr 21 2017, 08:41:40 AM

I wonder how After Eight -- who considers Teachout our best critic, btw -- isn't shattered by this response. It is in every way a violation of the agenda he ascribes to the theater intelligentsia.

• Sweeney Todd 2.0 - Carmello and Lewis  Apr 20 2017, 08:55:16 AM

imo, DM, you won't be missing much with Doyle out. At least among the original cast, he was far and away the weakest link to me. Not bad, but merely serviceable, whereas everyone else soared.

• Sweeney Todd 2.0 - Carmello and Lewis  Apr 20 2017, 07:28:23 AM

I haven’t seen the new cast yet, Ripped, but if you felt that way, I’d hazard it was probably Norm and not you. While a wonderful singer, I’ve always found him a less than thrilling actor, and he wasn’t the American Sweeney I’d hoped for, for this production. Jeremy Secomb’s “Epiphany” was just great, definitely a “moment” – more than a moment – a happening. I can’t imagine Norm bringing it home like t

• Kevin Spacey 2017 Tony Awards Host  Apr 19 2017, 11:45:08 AM

• Kevin Spacey 2017 Tony Awards Host  Apr 19 2017, 11:36:23 AM

Kad said: "It just creates a vicious cycle of "of course we accept you, but if you feel like you should hide it, you should!" that exists only for queer people."

Kad, my aunt used a similar, even more disgusting line of reasoning not long ago on Facebook, where, in her defense of Mike Pence as a not-LGBT-threatening politician, she said that gay conversion should at least be an option for people who struggle with their sexuality and f

• Kevin Spacey 2017 Tony Awards Host  Apr 19 2017, 11:24:35 AM

Exactly, Robbie. Advocating for his accountability in using his power to solicit sex with male partners but defending his closetedness are positions very much at odds with each other. But as newintown suggested earlier, that kind of cognitive dissonance is what’s put our country in the position it’s in now, further proof that willful ignorance doesn’t discriminate along political lines, I guess.

• Kevin Spacey 2017 Tony Awards Host  Apr 19 2017, 10:53:08 AM

You are amazing, my darling. There's just no other word. angel

• Kevin Spacey 2017 Tony Awards Host  Apr 19 2017, 10:43:39 AM

• Kevin Spacey 2017 Tony Awards Host  Apr 19 2017, 10:19:17 AM

Literally no one in this thread used the word “duty.” I don’t even know what that kind of imperative would imply in this context. Man. Some of y’all need a rhetoric class.

• Kevin Spacey 2017 Tony Awards Host  Apr 19 2017, 08:43:42 AM

Hold the phone. Who’s “demanding” or saying they have a “right” to know anyone’s sexual orientation? People are expressing their opinions about the decision to remain closeted. Let’s not draw false equivalencies.

• Kevin Spacey 2017 Tony Awards Host  Apr 18 2017, 06:45:26 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "If Kevin Spacey came out, would gay teen suicides decline?"

Of course not, you unconscionable turd, but if even a majority of closeted people -- and probably a smaller fraction of famous closeted people, musicians, artists, actors, athletes, politicians, etc -- came out, they absolutely would. That's the point, you blithering wank machine.

• GROUNDHOG DAY Reviews  Apr 18 2017, 03:13:32 PM

The nicest thing that can ever be said of an Andie MacDowell performance is that it does not ruin a movie.

• Pacific Overtures previews  Apr 13 2017, 11:41:08 AM

GUYS!

But seriously, I agree with newintown that "Kanagawa" is a light moment where it's important to have one. Even if it doesn't work for you as funny (Kad and I are going to have a fistfight over this someday) and/or feels more tedious, it serves to ease the tension. That being said, I agree with Kad that if you're going to cut anything, it should be "Kanagawa" over "CT." There are plenty of opportunities in the show for humor. "Kan

• Pacific Overtures previews  Apr 13 2017, 11:35:18 AM

Get a fucxing room, guys.

• A ‘Hamlet’ With Oscar Isaac, Once Canceled, Will Run at the Public Theater  Apr 12 2017, 12:08:07 PM

Okay. I can no longer click into the seat map either on the mobile or desktop site on days showing availability, so I thought maybe there was some tech issue at hand. But thank you so much for the heads-up, AC! I got a pair for July!

• A ‘Hamlet’ With Oscar Isaac, Once Canceled, Will Run at the Public Theater  Apr 12 2017, 11:51:37 AM

^ Well, they were for about two hours, but now they're not. I thought they were supposed to go on sale to the public next Tuesday. Maybe somebody at the Public screwed up?

• SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Previews  Apr 11 2017, 04:36:31 PM

Tennis Fan said: "On INSIDE ACTORS STUDIO, Stockyard Channing had some interesting thoughts about this play." 

OMG I love Stockyard Channing.

• Great Comet - Sonya Alone Video  Apr 8 2017, 12:42:02 PM

The first time I saw GREAT COMET in the tent downtown, this was what I call a "time stands still" moment. It seemed as if everything else in the world had either stopped or fallen away entirely for the three minutes Brittain gave us the gift of her performance of this song. I hope she's nominated.