Advertisement

Profile for themysteriousgrowl

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld themysteriousgrowl
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: themysteriousgrowl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 6 - 8
Favorite Show(s): Caroline, or Change

Favorite Performer(s): Michael Shannon

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • View From the Bridge onstage seats  Feb 12 2016, 08:21:31 AM

Your coat can go under your seat.  I took a bottle of water in my pocket but didn’t drink it for obvious reasons. If going two hours without a bathroom break presents a problem, you probably shouldn’t be sitting onstage for an intermissionless show.

I was three rows from the back and didn’t have any obstruction issues.  I’d hazard the last row didn’t, either.

• Mockingbird  Feb 10 2016, 04:31:26 PM

"To Troll a Mockingbird"

• Mockingbird  Feb 10 2016, 04:22:37 PM

I mean, we're kind of already getting that every day on the OT Board with Dave19.

• DISASTER(ous) Previews  Feb 10 2016, 03:20:22 PM

Oh, thanks, taz!  I think you mean [clears throat]

Can I be a shill a second?

For just a shillisecond?

Let down my guard

And tell the people how I shill a second?

• DISASTER(ous) Previews  Feb 10 2016, 12:36:06 PM

Now, Toeknail’s skill as a shill is undeniable

But what do we have in common?

WE’RE RELIABLE WITH THE LADIES!

• Mockingbird  Feb 10 2016, 10:41:06 AM

Bryan Cranston?

Jon Hamm?

Lin-Manuel Miranda?!

• DISASTER(ous) Previews  Feb 10 2016, 10:29:51 AM

Behooooold the shills of tomorrow!

• Flower Drum Song 1958 vs 2002  Jan 29 2016, 06:09:22 PM

"Do you notice how everyone bows and scrapes before Lin-Manual Miranda's pronouncements about the primacy of an author's wishes and instructions?"

You could at least spell his name correctly.  Or was that joke?  About his manual on primacy?

• Creative license. How much is too much?  Jan 16 2016, 07:38:39 AM

i-NIM-it-a-ble

Burr (to my ear) sings

I am i-ni-MIT-a-ble

I am an original

The lyric doesn't scan properly the first way.  The language project Emma Saying backs up Burr's pronunciation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8b0Dpr4E80  Merriam-Webster Unabridged's online audio feature backs up the first pronunciation.

• Creative license. How much is too much?  Jan 15 2016, 01:28:21 PM

“On a similar note, someone who I know to be exceptionally smart assumed that he had been pronouncing a certain word incorrectly all his life, merely because Miranda has set that word with incorrect stresses in the show. This is the power of theatre - it can convince us that something that's wrong is right (and vice versa).”

Firstly, thank you for the compliment, newintown, and the rest of you for the insults.  In my defense, I did research (albeit cursorily) before I po

• Very bad  Jan 14 2016, 07:37:16 AM

What color were they?  Asking for a friend.

• Minor Question About a Random Song Lyric in  Jan 8 2016, 05:49:42 PM

It's such a shame to marry squirrels in the country.

• Gypsy Live at the Savoy  Jan 6 2016, 03:28:35 PM

I wish Rose hadn’t caught up to Louise during the final exit.  Not because I wanted Louise to seem heartless, but because the image of Rose literally walking in her daughter’s shadow was so powerful, given Staunton’s intense performance.

• Minor Question About a Random Song Lyric in  Jan 6 2016, 03:20:14 PM

A third for henrik's reasoning.  That's always what I'd thought, as well.

• Getting Hamilton tix thru Ticketmaster Resale  Jan 6 2016, 12:58:29 PM

I assumed the cross-site removal was automatic, that those listings were somehow electronically connected to each other, because the TM listing was gone less than 30 seconds after I checked out on SH.

• Getting Hamilton tix thru Ticketmaster Resale  Jan 6 2016, 11:26:44 AM

I bought through StubHub, and the same pair were listed on Ticketmaster, which made me feel better.  (Weirdly, they were listed at a lower price on StubHub, which is why I purchased there.)  And then I felt really secure when, after checking out on StubHub, they disappeared from the Ticketmaster map.

But I’d heard rumors of StubHub frauds, so I went to the box office early and asked if there was any way they could verify my tickets before the pe

• Gypsy Live at the Savoy  Jan 6 2016, 10:51:48 AM

I’m with henrik here. Her performance doesn’t require any justifications. The production made its choices, and, for me, they felt of a piece. It wasn't perfect, but I thought Ms. Staunton was terrific, and, on the whole, I found it thrilling.

• Ed O'Neill  Dec 23 2015, 07:36:45 AM

My memory on this is a little vague, but I recall seeing some kind of “Behind the Music”-type show about “Married… with Children” where the writers/producers said they’d gotten the whole show cast but couldn’t find their Al Bundy.  They’d seen “every guy in town” or something like that.  Then one of them remembered seeing Ed O’Neill in a play in LA and thought it was one of the best stage performances he

• Show you wished had overtures. Or real overtures.  Dec 22 2015, 09:48:41 AM

I love the very brief FULL MONTY overture (also not a conglomeration of the show's score) so much that I wish it were two or three times longer. 

• Dada Woof Papa Hot previews  Dec 17 2015, 06:27:07 PM

I don't disagree with your characterization of the play as a kind of stage soap, newintown, but I also don't think "soap" is a bad word.  Even ANGELS IN AMERICA is very soapy, often in its most honest and cutting moments.  And I'm not sure I understand the complaints about it focusing on upper-middle-class white people.  Don't get me wrong; I'll never be that demographic's biggest champion, but that doesn't mean th

BROADWAYWORLD TV