Profile for themysteriousgrowl

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld themysteriousgrowl
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: themysteriousgrowl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 6 - 8
Favorite Show(s): Caroline, or Change

Favorite Performer(s): Michael Shannon

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Change One Letter: Musicals Edition  May 28 2016, 01:14:03 PM

SOUFFLÉ ALONG

• She loves me seating  May 14 2016, 09:06:16 AM

I keep reading this subject line in a pirate voice, and it changes the meaning entirely.

• LONG DAY'S JOURNEY INTO NIGHT Reviews  Apr 28 2016, 09:26:54 AM

I don’t read the Times review as a pan or as dismissive. To me, it’s very even-handed. I have no basis for an opinion on how much the show has or has not evolved since the first preview, but what Brantley describes is very much what I saw onstage.

• LONG DAY'S JOURNEY INTO NIGHT Reviews  Apr 28 2016, 08:27:03 AM

Brantley effectively put into words a lot of what I felt when I saw the show.  But I saw the first preview and figured things would coalesce and even out after a couple weeks. It sounds like they haven’t.

• Thank You for all the Bullsht  Apr 22 2016, 07:39:00 AM

These reviews aren’t surprising. Full disclosure: I’m not a big fan of the movie or BEE’s writing in general, but the footage of the press preview that aired on “Theater Talk” a couple of weeks ago did nothing to get me interested in seeing this incarnation of Patrick Bateman’s story.  It looked – at least, divorced from the context of the rest of the show – pretty bad.

• Jonathan Pryce in Merchant of Venice  Apr 21 2016, 04:59:12 PM

OMG, JB, thank you for posting about this. Pryce is one of my favorite actors, and MERCHANT is one of my favorite plays. I didn’t even know this was happening.

• LONG DAY'S JOURNEY INTO NIGHT Previews  Apr 14 2016, 10:10:00 AM

It’s exactly that quality that makes Shannon one of my favorite actors – and a quality I think every great actor possesses, though it isn’t limited to danger – just any kind of potential unpredictability.  PSH and Burton and Sellers and Ledger had it. Streep, DDL, and Swinton have it. Brando and Pacino – at least in the first halves of their careers. It’s the acting equivalent of the tactic Sondheim describes using in composition as (I&rs

• Leslie Odom Jr. involved in awkward and lame skit  Apr 13 2016, 10:13:43 AM

In my experience, “CP time” isn’t a term used by Caucasians to denigrate African-Americans, but rather a term used reflexively by African-Americans, especially in groups made up predominantly of African-Americans, which is likely why it feels so tin-eared in this context. It entered my lexicon years ago during an extended stint with an African-American-run theater company, where it was used pretty much daily since company and crew members often arrived late and

• Leslie Odom Jr. involved in awkward political moment  Apr 12 2016, 02:39:55 PM

Ha ha funny.

• Leslie Odom Jr. involved in awkward political moment  Apr 12 2016, 02:09:39 PM

I thought it was funny.  Not expertly executed, but funny, and it gets funnier the more I think about it.

• An Incident Regarding  Mar 17 2016, 10:30:25 AM

Yeah, I wish Roxy would tell us what show this is. His information about it is confusing.

• report abuse links opinion thread  Mar 15 2016, 07:50:17 AM

Yeah, I have no problem with the ToS not being updated yet. I'm just looking for consistency between words and actions.

• report abuse links opinion thread  Mar 15 2016, 07:36:49 AM

From Rob's post on page 19 of this thread:

"This new, and more clear and communicative warning and suspension system will indeed alert posters as to when something was removed, and why."

• report abuse links opinion thread  Mar 15 2016, 07:26:23 AM

Are posters still not receiving notifications and an explanation of why when a post is removed?

• report abuse links opinion thread  Mar 14 2016, 03:20:09 PM

Thank you, Rob and AC, for your responses. AC, if you are satisfied with Rob’s actions in moderating Margo, then I trust them to have been well-executed.

Just to follow up on Namo and PRS’s suspensions so that I’m understanding fully -- other members asked their accounts to be removed and/or suspended, and so they were?

• report abuse links opinion thread  Mar 14 2016, 02:31:07 PM

Could you explain why PRS's request for deletion was not honored or why Margo's posts stand?

• report abuse links opinion thread  Mar 14 2016, 02:16:29 PM

Ms. Joy brushes up against an important thing to remember – the notion that the “positives” can exist without the “negatives” is preposterous. You can’t isolate aspects of discussion and pretend they appeared spontaneously, from a vacuum.  Even though I think he’s been far, far too generous to and easy on Ms. Murin, Rob’s promises of better – or, at least, more specific – moderation in order to allow the positives

• report abuse links opinion thread  Mar 14 2016, 08:48:15 AM

Truly, and significantly, AC. This can be corroborated by several other posters, and they are welcome to do so here if they'd like.

• report abuse links opinion thread  Mar 14 2016, 08:40:44 AM

Phyllis Rogers Stone did not ask me to share this information, but it seems important in terms of contextualizing the fallout of this nonsense, and I share it with his blessing. He asked for his account to be deleted; instead, it was suspended. He does not plan on returning to the board.

• Report Abuse Links opinion thread  Mar 11 2016, 04:39:55 PM

BROADWAYWORLD TV

COUNTDOWN CLOCK