Profile for themysteriousgrowl

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld themysteriousgrowl
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: themysteriousgrowl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 6 - 8
Favorite Show(s): Caroline, or Change

Favorite Performer(s): Michael Shannon

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Grumpy Cat in CATS  Sep 29 2016, 06:22:57 PM

LOL

• Grumpy Cat in CATS  Sep 29 2016, 06:05:25 PM

You guys are being too harsh. She once understudied Dick Whittington's cat!

• FALSETTOS Previews  Sep 29 2016, 05:50:22 PM

chewy5000 said: "Are we all just ignoring the fact that kyle4 is back?"

That's for the best.

• Is Dolly Too Frivolous  Sep 29 2016, 10:35:55 AM

I agree that it’s a misguided and/or misphrased question. My tastes gravitate toward more overtly “serious” theater, which I would prefer to describe as theater that challenges me intellectually. That said, a number of not-so-challenging musicals are among my favorites. THE PAJAMA GAME, GUYS AND DOLLS, and DAMN YANKEES come immediately to mind. And there are a number of serious-minded and challenging musicals that, for whatever reason, I have no use for. I feel

• Worst Marketing you've seen.  Sep 27 2016, 07:47:08 AM

Worst marketing I ever seen

• What happened to Denzel doing The Pitsburg Cycle  Sep 26 2016, 03:17:03 PM

A friend and I were recently talking about this. I don’t think there is any new information. It was reported last year that he’d produce the cycle for HBO, but then early this year when it was announced he’d direct “Fences” for theatrical release, the HBO cycle deal was never heard of again. Maybe he and Scott Rudin are waiting to see how “Fences” performs before moving forward with any more of them.

• THE ENCOUNTER Previews  Sep 22 2016, 07:18:47 AM

I am so excited for this!

• THE CHERRY ORCHARD Previews  Sep 16 2016, 07:45:29 AM

Thank you so much to everyone (except After Eight) for weighing in with your impressions here. I’m in the process of trimming a 10-show list down to a 3-show list, and these reviews have made chopping this one easy.

• GROUNDHOG DAY to Take the August Wilson, Spring 2017  Sep 14 2016, 03:53:07 PM

Well… I wasn’t acting like that… even a little bit, but… your point is noted. I’ll remember to also not do it in the future.

• GROUNDHOG DAY to Take the August Wilson, Spring 2017  Sep 14 2016, 03:23:48 PM

^Emma MK neither said nor implied it does.

neon, honest question – is publicly hating on this show going to be a hang-up for you?  This happens once in a while, where a poster doesn’t like a show and, rather than being content to voice that opinion and move on, they have this compulsion to not let any praise (or even sometimes mention – see: After Eight) of the show go by unchecked.

I’m just curious if we hav

• GROUNDHOG DAY to Take the August Wilson, Spring 2017  Sep 14 2016, 10:48:03 AM

Yeah, he ultimately decided that the movie was too perfect to mess with.

• GROUNDHOG DAY to Take the August Wilson, Spring 2017  Sep 14 2016, 09:08:19 AM

I think the score is quite strong, and of course the bones are rock-solid. It’s very much an old-fashioned crowd-pleaser. I’ll still forever wonder what Sondheim would have done with it, but I can imagine it doing very well here.

• What is a must see this November?  Sep 14 2016, 08:03:30 AM

^Oh, man, I didn't even know this was happening. How incredibly exciting. The film it's based on is just about perfect -- and perfect for a musical treatment.

• Falsettos Discount Code  Sep 13 2016, 02:04:27 PM

Samesies! You're welcome!

• Falsettos Discount Code  Sep 13 2016, 11:40:28 AM

There's one up on BroadwayBox now.

• FLOYD COLLINS general length  Sep 2 2016, 11:46:46 AM

The theater is only about a 10-minute drive for me. What keeps me away from it is that parking is a tremendous pain in the ass. I haven't been there since Carrnivale's INTO THE WOODS. Maybe I'll Uber over.

• FLOYD COLLINS general length  Sep 2 2016, 07:17:45 AM

Thanks for reporting back, Mr. Nowack! I've managed to miss every FPT show so far, so I really want to make a point to get there this weekend. I don't think Pittsburgh has seen a production since Point Park did it in 2002.

• What show are you surprised hasn't had a Broadway revival?  Sep 1 2016, 07:20:26 AM

Peter, it's not Broadway, but THE SKIN OF OUR TEETH will be done by TFANA this coming spring. It was last staged by the Public for SITP in 1998, starring John Goodman and Kristen Johnston. I'm not sure the play holds up, but I'd love to see it again.

• What show are you surprised hasn't had a Broadway revival?  Aug 31 2016, 01:18:15 PM

I'm still holding my breath for a BLOOD BROTHERS revival.

• Wrong creative team  Aug 26 2016, 07:49:32 AM

Andrew Lippa shouldn’t be allowed near any existing properties. Let him ruin his own ideas.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Back to Falsettoland w/ OBC - Passing the Torch
Backstage Bite
TV Exclusive: BACKSTAGE BITE with ALADDIN's Rodney Ingram!
Turning the Tables
Binge on TURNING THE TABLES!
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
TV:-LuPone's Autobio - Lands EVITA!
KID CRITICS
TV: KID CRITICS Swept Away at PHANTOM
BROADWAY SESSIONS
LION KING Cast Roars at Broadway Sessions