Profile for themysteriousgrowl

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld themysteriousgrowl
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: themysteriousgrowl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 6 - 8
Favorite Show(s): Caroline, or Change

Favorite Performer(s): Michael Shannon

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • A View From The Bridge Previews  Oct 29 2015, 08:09:45 AM

A very stressful usher gave us our Playbills before seating us.

• Scott Rudin Will Transfer The Humans  Oct 27 2015, 02:00:50 PM

Kad, you get such pleasure from Karam penetrating bubbles.

• MISERY Previews  Oct 26 2015, 02:12:12 PM

Oh, it was the second preview?  My bad.  I could have sworn they started on Wednesday night, not Thursday.

In any event, to Auggie’s point, I don’t think Paul can ever match Annie in size, but his character doesn’t have zilch to do.  Watching the comatose and choiceless Willis, I couldn’t help but think of James Caan’s Paul, who nearly from the outset – or at least as soon as he realizes he’s dealing with a dangerous

• MISERY Previews  Oct 22 2015, 10:21:29 PM

I just got out of the second preview, and I'm sorry to say that even for a second performance, this is in bad shape. Bruce Willis is inaudible and lethargic. His Paul right now seems litetally to have nothing at stake. Laurie Metcalf has all of the production's good moments, but she's also rushing through much of her dialogue, perhaps to make up for Willis' utterly perplexing lack of stakes and commitment. He sounds like he's reading from a telepro

• General reminder: Hamilton ticket scams  Sep 30 2015, 09:04:04 AM

This thread has me concerned.  I don’t have much experience buying from StubHub, but I did for HAMILTON.  Cross-checking the Ticketmaster resale seats with StubHub, I quickly found the same pair of seats offered in both places.  I bought them through StubHub, and the seats immediately disappeared from the Ticketmaster seat map.  That’s a good indication that they’re legit, right?  Would you advise going in advance to the box office and a

• New Plays Opening Soon  Sep 24 2015, 06:17:06 PM

"Gin Game -  2 old people playing cards."

ageism something something

• Your thoughts on the 2010 Promises, Promises revival  Sep 24 2015, 04:55:32 PM

I was very concerned for Dick Latessa.

• Stonewall  Sep 23 2015, 03:06:00 PM

I actually didn’t make the Rosa Parks one, P.J., though I wish I could take credit. I wanted to find where Reg got his, so I Googled “stonewall martin luther king jr” and the Rosa Park picture came up and I lol’d and lol’d.

• Stonewall  Sep 23 2015, 12:29:48 PM

Reg, that picture is terrific.  I'm sharing it on FB.

• FONDLY, COLLETTE RICHLAND at NYTW  Sep 21 2015, 09:22:01 AM

Gosh, another walkout.  I guess we’ll have to wait for After Eight, that consummate masochist, to report.  Though he’ll never see this thread

• FONDLY, COLLETTE RICHLAND at NYTW  Sep 21 2015, 08:02:41 AM

My only experiences with EST have been GATZ and THE SELECT, both of which, from what I've read about FCR and its development, seem to bear little similarity to it.

• FONDLY, COLLETTE RICHLAND at NYTW  Sep 18 2015, 08:27:22 AM

Look at Frosty go

• Kathleen Turner & Deborah Cox To Star In New Off-Broadway Play  Sep 18 2015, 08:26:50 AM

There was a different director initially attached, who withdrew due to family emergency.  There's no way to know for sure if the departure of Deborah Cox was directly related, but it's awfully coincidental.

• Memory Lane  Sep 16 2015, 04:22:56 PM

Thanks for bringing a little joy to the board today, After Eight.

• FONDLY, COLLETTE RICHLAND at NYTW  Sep 16 2015, 04:02:29 PM

I’m always interested in what those wacky folks over at Elevator Repair Service have gotten themselves into next.  Has anyone seen this yet?

• Bryce Pinkham in A Gentlemans Guide  Sep 4 2015, 08:34:04 AM

Has anyone seen Kristen Hahn go on as Phoebe?

• Off-(and Off-Off-)Broadway listing for interested theatergoers...  Sep 2 2015, 11:02:08 AM

No! I mean, that's not what I was referring to, but I also won't be in town those days

• Off-(and Off-Off-)Broadway listing for interested theatergoers...  Sep 2 2015, 10:41:55 AM

I thiiiiink, if I go, it would have to be in October.  But then there's that other October thing maybe I'll see you at?

• Off-(and Off-Off-)Broadway listing for interested theatergoers...  Sep 2 2015, 10:16:22 AM

I came across the info on this while I was updating the OP, Robbie, and I have to say, since, for whatever reason, marathon theater makes my c0ck all hard and drippy, I’m gonna have to try to check this out.

• Off-(and Off-Off-)Broadway listing for interested theatergoers...  Sep 2 2015, 08:39:42 AM

I found myself revisiting this, so here's a gentle bump for the start of the fall season.

Advertisement Advertisement