BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for themysteriousgrowl
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: themysteriousgrowl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 6 - 8
Favorite Show(s): Caroline, or Change

Favorite Performer(s): Michael Shannon

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Fun Home Previews  Apr 15 2015, 03:41:59 PM

• Straightest Musicals  Apr 14 2015, 05:21:33 PM

"that is the gayest show ever."

Yeah, that's pretty offensive to me, too.

• Straightest Musicals  Apr 14 2015, 05:17:17 PM

My sister Soul Cycled behind Jake. To hear her tell it, it was the greatest day of her life.

• Straightest Musicals  Apr 14 2015, 04:59:56 PM

"Um....they're Dominican.  And Puerto Ricans would NOT like In the Heights.

Nice, now you just insulted MORE people."

EL TO THE OH EL, dm

• Straightest Musicals  Apr 14 2015, 03:15:37 PM

"THE FULL MONTY"

My father's only comment when the curtain came down (it was his first -- and only -- Broadway show): "Well... that was pretty gay."

• Jake Gyllenhaal as Seymour  Apr 14 2015, 02:43:32 PM

I don’t object too hard because the show’s traditional roles of color, the trio and Audrey II, are so good.  But of course I wouldn’t object to un-whitifying the principals, either.

• Jake Gyllenhaal as Seymour  Apr 14 2015, 02:38:25 PM

BUT GUYS CHUCK COOPER

• Jake Gyllenhaal as Seymour  Apr 14 2015, 01:44:23 PM

what is this I can't even

• Fun Home Previews  Apr 10 2015, 02:00:40 PM

I hope After Eight responds to let Ms. Bechdel know what her parents’ reactions would be – the same reactions he had or that any reasonable person would have – boredom, revulsion, depression, irritation, and feeling nauseated, appalled, horrified, and insulted.

Those were his feelings, as he expressed them.

And for fun, for those who were asking or are just curious, here’s the very first FUN HOME thread, in which he commented fou

• The Heckler: Why I'm allergic to Stephen Sondheim  Apr 10 2015, 07:44:51 AM

Matt, you deserve 100 of these for that post.

• Gigi Previews  Apr 8 2015, 04:08:18 PM

AND LET'S NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE EFFECT THE 1994 GERARD DEPARDIEU COMEDY "MY FATHER THE HERO" HAS HAD ON THE POPULAR CONSCIOUSNESS, PLEASE

• Theatre singing vs Film singing - Same rules  Apr 7 2015, 09:53:13 AM

Uh, where'd my post go?

Anyway, I'm not a singer, but there seems to be some incorrect conflation of the terms "legit" and "Broadway-caliber" here.

• Sad to see Honeymoon go...and this disturbing trend  Apr 3 2015, 10:23:12 AM

reply to this message

• Sad to see Honeymoon go...and this disturbing trend  Apr 3 2015, 07:07:44 AM

Once again, FishermanBob shines forth as a bastion of reason.

(Even though bastions do not emit light.)

• ART's 2015-16 Season  Apr 2 2015, 06:10:33 PM

UGH!! STOP MAKING ME DRIVE TO BOSTON IT'S VERY INCONVENIENT UGH!!

• Off-(and Off-Off-)Broadway listing for interested theatergoers...  Mar 31 2015, 06:55:46 AM

^ Oh, man, I don't know why Foundry, the Civilians, and Transport Group aren't on my list. I do regularly check in with them.

"I wonder if it could be turned into a shared doc with links or a bit.ly bundle with links."

indy, if that is possible, it should be done by someone who knows what that sentence means, and I'm all for it.

I'll re-edit the OP sometime in the next couple of days to reflect everyone's contributions.
  • Off-(and Off-Off-)Broadway listing for interested theatergoers...  Mar 30 2015, 05:48:13 PM

I check a lot of sites, HH -- even with this list, I still do, but I think having to cross-check like that is part of what's not very convenient. I sometimes forget which sites have listed what and which haven't during the process, so I've found that having this list all in one place ensures I haven't overlooked anything.

I don't always visit the individual sites of all of these companies, but I have done that in the past. That may sound strange, but I've learned to trust the com
  • Off-(and Off-Off-)Broadway listing for interested theatergoers...  Mar 30 2015, 05:22:46 PM

BroadwayMouth’s post reminded me that I’ve yet to find a satisfying list of (what I’d call “major”) non-Broadway companies/houses in and around New York. The Times listing is fairly complete, but it’s also overwhelming, confusing, and unwieldy. Other sites, aside from being incomplete, are often not updated, presumably because show turnover is so much higher than in Broadway houses.

I got tired of visiting and returning home only to discover that there were small shows I kic
  • The Fantasticks announces May closing  Mar 25 2015, 11:09:40 AM

I love the show, but it was in pretty sad shape when I saw it a few years ago.
  • Gigi Previews  Mar 24 2015, 07:19:33 AM

newintown, I await your review.