Profile for themysteriousgrowl

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld themysteriousgrowl
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: themysteriousgrowl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 6 - 8
Favorite Show(s): Caroline, or Change

Favorite Performer(s): Michael Shannon

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Effie, I'm tired. It's all over. And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going  Jan 17 2017, 09:12:52 AM

Yeah. That's it. You just need more coffee.

• DAMN YANKEES Revival  Jan 11 2017, 04:25:21 PM

Your memory is probably accurate, Matt.  I mean, it certainly sounds about right.  I can’t believe that’s going back almost 22 years.  And I certainly wasn’t familiar with the material before seeing the show, so the ways in which he bent or broke the script to suit his purposes may very well have flew right over my head. I’ve looked around a bit, but I’ve never found any footage of him in the role.

But I agree wit

• DAMN YANKEES Revival  Jan 11 2017, 03:15:50 PM

newintown, on the subject of clowns, my first experience with this show – and among the first professional theater experiences of my life – was seeing the tour of the ’94 revival with Jerry Lewis.  I was 14 and a theater novice at the time – and already a fan of Lewis’ films, so read this testimonial with that in mind – but it remains to this day one of the five funniest shows I’ve ever seen. 

We sat second

• DAMN YANKEES Revival  Jan 11 2017, 12:13:24 PM

I think as long as he's not completely tone-deaf, he'll be fine. Applegate has what, one solo and one duet? Neither of them especially taxing.

• DAMN YANKEES Revival  Jan 11 2017, 11:51:06 AM

Oh, what wonderful news! DAMN YANKEES is one of my favorite shows and Cranston one of my favorite actors. It would be so much fun to see him back in full-on comedy mode again.

• Great Comet Seating Thread  Nov 16 2016, 07:21:17 AM

I didn’t trot up to the mezz for a full look, Luscious, but I’d guess those options are correlative and should both be perfect. The next time I see the show, it will absolutely be from the mezz. I spent portions of the show gazing at it in envy.

• Great Comet Seating Thread  Nov 15 2016, 03:57:29 PM

I haven’t read the whole thread, so I apologize if this has been covered/mentioned, but I would strongly advise against the furthest-downstage “onstage” seats at tables. Firstly, they’re absolutely not onstage and shouldn’t be sold for those prices. You’re essentially on the orchestra level (yes, there’s a small lip, but come on), sitting against/directly below what there is of an apron, and so you’re craning your neck upward for t

• Sunday In The Park With George Tickets Available 10/24 and 10/25  Oct 15 2016, 12:33:20 PM

PM'd you, Anshel

• Decent ny accommodation  Oct 15 2016, 12:07:32 PM

(And the Ramada Eastside via Applecore currently has mid-April rooms listed at $156.)

• Decent ny accommodation  Oct 15 2016, 12:04:32 PM

This is my go-to family of hotels. I've been using them almost exclusively for more than five years, and they’ve never let me down.

http://applecorehotels.com/

• When Others Walk Out of a Show  Oct 7 2016, 12:11:29 PM

• When Others Walk Out of a Show  Oct 7 2016, 12:08:11 PM

In this picture, the Phantom represents After Eight, and Christine represents this thread.

• Falsettos Wrangler  Oct 7 2016, 10:39:41 AM

• Falsettos Wrangler  Oct 7 2016, 10:36:50 AM

Kad said: "Maybe you shouldn't weigh in on a post about trying to find out someone's identity."

Oh, man.

• SPAMilton Lottery  Oct 1 2016, 01:15:08 PM

• Grumpy Cat in CATS  Sep 29 2016, 06:22:57 PM

LOL

• Grumpy Cat in CATS  Sep 29 2016, 06:05:25 PM

You guys are being too harsh. She once understudied Dick Whittington's cat!

• FALSETTOS Previews  Sep 29 2016, 05:50:22 PM

chewy5000 said: "Are we all just ignoring the fact that kyle4 is back?"

That's for the best.

• Is Dolly Too Frivolous  Sep 29 2016, 10:35:55 AM

I agree that it’s a misguided and/or misphrased question. My tastes gravitate toward more overtly “serious” theater, which I would prefer to describe as theater that challenges me intellectually. That said, a number of not-so-challenging musicals are among my favorites. THE PAJAMA GAME, GUYS AND DOLLS, and DAMN YANKEES come immediately to mind. And there are a number of serious-minded and challenging musicals that, for whatever reason, I have no use for. I feel

• Worst Marketing you've seen.  Sep 27 2016, 07:47:08 AM

Worst marketing I ever seen