BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for themysteriousgrowl
Edit Your Profile |


Click to Enlarge
Member Name: themysteriousgrowl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 6 - 8
Gender: Male
Favorite Show(s): Caroline, or Change

Favorite Performer(s): Michael Shannon

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • My Dream Is Coming True - Original Cast Of INTO THE WOODS Reuniting In NYC  May 27 2015, 01:00:41 PM

     


    Will Philip Hoffman be back?

  • My Dream Is Coming True - Original Cast Of INTO THE WOODS Reuniting In NYC  May 27 2015, 12:35:00 PM

     


    Will Edmund Lyndeck be back?

  • Old Time Bombs  May 26 2015, 11:04:57 AM

     


    This is perhaps the best Wikipedia page I've ever seen


    EDIT: Oh, it doesn't link property because of the ellipsis.


    https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=we+interrupt+this+program+play


    The entire entry is:


    "We Interrupt This Program... is a 1975 play by Norman Krasna."

  • Olives mom in Spelling Bee  May 22 2015, 09:25:33 AM

     


    This is one of the few songs -- from theater or not -- that makes me cry every single time I listen to it.

  • re: FLEET WEEK's Rob Maitner wins 2005 Summer Theatre Festival Citations Aw  May 21 2015, 10:57:59 AM

    "So does this mean you're ripe for a comeback?"


     


    Sorry. Come where now?

  • re: FLEET WEEK's Rob Maitner wins 2005 Summer Theatre Festival Citations Aw  May 21 2015, 07:28:17 AM

     


    Wow. This was so long before my BWW time.  I love it

  • Daddy Long Legs Opening Off-Broadway This Fall  May 20 2015, 07:00:50 AM

     


    JANE EYRE is the only Gordon work I know, and I find about 80% of it to be ravishing, the other 20% from adequate to good.

  • The Flick returns to New York  May 8 2015, 09:36:09 AM

     


    Now I'm trying to remember the runtime at PH.  I feel like it was closer to 3 hrs on the nose.  So maybe they do need to tighten.  It's a delicate balance.  I'd imagine an extra 20 minutes would kill a lot of those moments in the way you're describing.  Whatever the hell they were doing at PH felt just exactly right to me.

  • The Flick returns to New York  May 8 2015, 09:27:02 AM

     


    I credit the production's commitment to those "pauses" -- even though I sort of bristle at calling them that; in the world of the characters, they're realistic silences -- because they were, for me, the aesthetic choice that gave the play its thrust, impact, and scope.  It's such an intimate piece, and I think its languorousness made it feel downright epic, almost Greek tragedy-like.

  • The Flick returns to New York  May 6 2015, 05:51:33 PM

     


    The seating is always reconfigured around the design of the show, but I've never seen a single bad seat in that house, no matter the show, design, or configuration.  You can probably bank on any seat being fine, if not exceptional.

  • The Flick returns to New York  May 6 2015, 02:55:54 PM

     


    It's in the top 10, possibly the top 5, of my theatergoing experiences.

  • The Flick returns to New York  May 6 2015, 02:44:29 PM

     


    Perhaps you recall that when this play was in previews, members of the audience were walking out angrily, and voiced their dissatisfaction in no uncertain terms.

    Naturally, the creators of this opus refused to budge a millimeter. Imagine, those impossibly stupid and obtuse audiences, unable to appreciate the genius of Annie Baker! Why, the very nerve of them!

    The fact that the audiences were absolutely right was entirely irrelevant.

    And th

  • Happy 60th Anniversary to DAMN YANKEES  May 5 2015, 08:15:18 AM

  • Happy 60th Anniversary to DAMN YANKEES  May 5 2015, 07:01:16 AM

     


    Happy Anniversary to one of my favorite shows!


    Please never stop doing what you do, Nowack.

  • THE VISIT Reviews  Apr 23 2015, 07:43:02 AM

     


    Conveniently leaving out


    "...and that is saying something, given the current competition."


    The same reviewer gave FUN HOME four stars.

  • Cicely Tyson/James Earl Jones  Apr 22 2015, 01:49:51 PM

     


    Aww, this is exciting.  THE GIN GAME is one of those imperfect plays that feels perfect when you have the right actors in it.

  • Fun Home Previews  Apr 15 2015, 03:41:59 PM

  • Straightest Musicals  Apr 14 2015, 05:21:33 PM

     


    "that is the gayest show ever."


    Yeah, that's pretty offensive to me, too.

  • Straightest Musicals  Apr 14 2015, 05:17:17 PM

     


    My sister Soul Cycled behind Jake. To hear her tell it, it was the greatest day of her life.

  • Straightest Musicals  Apr 14 2015, 04:59:56 PM

    "Um....they're Dominican.  And Puerto Ricans would NOT like In the Heights.


    Nice, now you just insulted MORE people."


     


    EL TO THE OH EL, dm