Profile for Idiot

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Idiot
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Idiot
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 7 - 20
Profile: Screenwriter / Director and theater freak.

Favorite Show(s): The Goat, or Who Is Sylvia?

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Controversial musicals  Nov 10 2015, 01:42:25 AM

In today's climate MARY POPPINS would be controversial.

• tony awards rant  Jun 8 2015, 06:44:55 PM

I agree with those dissenting about the selection from FUN HOME.  It was a very weak choice.  If you can only do a slice from that show it was the wrong slice. 

• CARRIE THE MUSICAL to premiere in Los Angeles  Mar 23 2015, 02:27:10 AM
    Seeing this on Thursday night. Really looking forward to it!
  • Pacific Overtures  Feb 2 2015, 02:46:54 AM
    The only truth in an opinion, Long After Eight, is that it is yours.
  • Anyone else have a problem with the ending of Into the woods? Its pretty morally disgusting  Jan 5 2015, 12:02:23 PM
    The OP's commentary stipulates that revenge killing is NOT morally disgusting. I disagree. And yes, the show is explicitly asking questions about relativism, moral and otherwise.
  • Sad news from Barbara Barrie  Sep 25 2014, 05:13:33 PM
    I love this woman -- such a gifted and unique performer. Sad to hear the news, but what a life!
  • A Chorus Line marquee  Sep 20 2014, 09:00:35 PM
    Can you post a photo of it? I'm interested.
  • Why aren't there more horror-themed plays on Broadway?  Sep 20 2014, 08:57:17 PM
    Horror films are a primary reason that Le Theatre Grand Guignol lost its lustre, but it did work for a very long time. I think it can work again, so get busy Jordan. And make no mistake -- seeing blood running live on stage IS very unsettling.
  • First show seen on broadway?  Sep 16 2014, 01:05:36 PM
    APPLAUSE with Lauren Bacall. (She was on stage... I didn't see it 'with' her unfortunately.) I don't remember it at all, though -- I was too young. The first shows I actually remember were PACIFIC OVERTURES and SHENANDOAH.
  • Mark Taper Forum  Sep 10 2014, 06:47:27 PM
    Tobias, you really think it's important the gender and ethnicity of a playwright? You realize that's both sexist and racist, right?
  • Patti LuPone's Ice Bucket  Aug 27 2014, 04:58:13 PM
    Pretty sure that was my favorite of the 'dumps' thus far.
  • The Only Review of Sunday in the Park You Have to See Ever  Aug 18 2014, 08:59:31 PM
    ...and now I have to reconsider by long held stance about not liking children. A DORA BELL.
  • Shows you want to come to broadway  Aug 8 2014, 05:54:00 PM
    LONDON ROAD and LONDON ROAD and LONDON ROAD. (Not a revival, of course, but the thread headline doesn't specify revivals.)
  • OFFICIAL: Elaine Stritch has passed  Jul 19 2014, 03:58:33 AM
    My reaction to her leaving us is so rare for me -- a little loss, yes, but the strong feeling that she did exactly what she came here to do and didn't need a drop more. I'm filled with a sense of BRAVA! more than mourning. A life fully lived is such a beautiful thing.
  • HEDWIG recoups  Jul 15 2014, 06:51:19 PM
    With nine thousand dollar standing room, this isn't too surprising.
  • Andrew Rannells to replace NPH in HEDWIG  Jun 12 2014, 07:20:04 PM
    I'd fly to NY for PINK.
  • New Annie Trailer  May 29 2014, 06:07:39 PM
    I genuinely dislike the Garage Band orchestrations. Lordy.
  • HBO's 'The Normal Heart': Your Thoughts  May 26 2014, 07:22:15 PM
    I came out exactly then and exactly there and this film devastated me for many reasons. I love a good cry -- I'm good for the next couple of years now.
  • Why is Wicked that popular?  Apr 30 2014, 06:11:51 PM
    I think sometimes things that 'should' be fantastic are considered so in order to avoid the disappointment.

• Valerie Harper sued by Lombardo and producers...  Apr 30 2014, 06:09:31 PM
    One of Lombardo's claims would almost (I said almost) justify his countersuit; specifically that "she intentionally failed to notify them in 2012 that her cancer had returned with a vengeance ... all in a sinister plot to keep her job." Still... leave a possibly dying woman alone and keep your rage to phone calls with your friends. Or post here.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Cast of FUN HOME's Broadway Memories
Backstage Bite
SCHOOL OF ROCK's Will Blum!
Turning the Tables
Binge on TURNING THE TABLES!
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
TV:-LuPone's Autobio - Lands EVITA!
KID CRITICS
Say Yeah to KINKY BOOTS!
BROADWAY SESSIONS