Profile for Idiot

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Idiot
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Idiot
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 7 - 20
Profile: Screenwriter / Director and theater freak.

Favorite Show(s): The Goat, or Who Is Sylvia?

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Controversial musicals  Nov 10 2015, 01:42:25 AM

In today's climate MARY POPPINS would be controversial.

• tony awards rant  Jun 8 2015, 06:44:55 PM

I agree with those dissenting about the selection from FUN HOME.  It was a very weak choice.  If you can only do a slice from that show it was the wrong slice. 

• CARRIE THE MUSICAL to premiere in Los Angeles  Mar 23 2015, 02:27:10 AM
    Seeing this on Thursday night. Really looking forward to it!
  • Pacific Overtures  Feb 2 2015, 02:46:54 AM
    The only truth in an opinion, Long After Eight, is that it is yours.
  • Anyone else have a problem with the ending of Into the woods? Its pretty morally disgusting  Jan 5 2015, 12:02:23 PM
    The OP's commentary stipulates that revenge killing is NOT morally disgusting. I disagree. And yes, the show is explicitly asking questions about relativism, moral and otherwise.
  • Sad news from Barbara Barrie  Sep 25 2014, 05:13:33 PM
    I love this woman -- such a gifted and unique performer. Sad to hear the news, but what a life!
  • A Chorus Line marquee  Sep 20 2014, 09:00:35 PM
    Can you post a photo of it? I'm interested.
  • Why aren't there more horror-themed plays on Broadway?  Sep 20 2014, 08:57:17 PM
    Horror films are a primary reason that Le Theatre Grand Guignol lost its lustre, but it did work for a very long time. I think it can work again, so get busy Jordan. And make no mistake -- seeing blood running live on stage IS very unsettling.
  • First show seen on broadway?  Sep 16 2014, 01:05:36 PM
    APPLAUSE with Lauren Bacall. (She was on stage... I didn't see it 'with' her unfortunately.) I don't remember it at all, though -- I was too young. The first shows I actually remember were PACIFIC OVERTURES and SHENANDOAH.
  • Mark Taper Forum  Sep 10 2014, 06:47:27 PM
    Tobias, you really think it's important the gender and ethnicity of a playwright? You realize that's both sexist and racist, right?
  • Patti LuPone's Ice Bucket  Aug 27 2014, 04:58:13 PM
    Pretty sure that was my favorite of the 'dumps' thus far.
  • The Only Review of Sunday in the Park You Have to See Ever  Aug 18 2014, 08:59:31 PM
    ...and now I have to reconsider by long held stance about not liking children. A DORA BELL.
  • Shows you want to come to broadway  Aug 8 2014, 05:54:00 PM
    LONDON ROAD and LONDON ROAD and LONDON ROAD. (Not a revival, of course, but the thread headline doesn't specify revivals.)
  • OFFICIAL: Elaine Stritch has passed  Jul 19 2014, 03:58:33 AM
    My reaction to her leaving us is so rare for me -- a little loss, yes, but the strong feeling that she did exactly what she came here to do and didn't need a drop more. I'm filled with a sense of BRAVA! more than mourning. A life fully lived is such a beautiful thing.
  • HEDWIG recoups  Jul 15 2014, 06:51:19 PM
    With nine thousand dollar standing room, this isn't too surprising.
  • Andrew Rannells to replace NPH in HEDWIG  Jun 12 2014, 07:20:04 PM
    I'd fly to NY for PINK.
  • New Annie Trailer  May 29 2014, 06:07:39 PM
    I genuinely dislike the Garage Band orchestrations. Lordy.
  • HBO's 'The Normal Heart': Your Thoughts  May 26 2014, 07:22:15 PM
    I came out exactly then and exactly there and this film devastated me for many reasons. I love a good cry -- I'm good for the next couple of years now.
  • Why is Wicked that popular?  Apr 30 2014, 06:11:51 PM
    I think sometimes things that 'should' be fantastic are considered so in order to avoid the disappointment.

• Valerie Harper sued by Lombardo and producers...  Apr 30 2014, 06:09:31 PM
    One of Lombardo's claims would almost (I said almost) justify his countersuit; specifically that "she intentionally failed to notify them in 2012 that her cancer had returned with a vengeance ... all in a sinister plot to keep her job." Still... leave a possibly dying woman alone and keep your rage to phone calls with your friends. Or post here.

Advertisement Advertisement