BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for THEATRICAL100
Edit Your Profile |

Member Name: THEATRICAL100
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • IF/THEN  Dec 16 2014, 02:54:41 PM
    But theatre shouldn't be something where someone has to do homework before or after. I knew exactly what the show was like and still got lost while actively trying to understand the plot.
  • IF/THEN  Dec 16 2014, 02:16:13 PM
    Boy, this is a story. I appreciated Idina ever since RENT, but was never a "mega fan". IF/THEN is truly Idina's show and I really can't see anyone else headlining the show for a while (Jackie IS great, though). Idina's voice becomes a character in the show -- so distinct and iconic. I loved her after the show. For the record, I really didn't like the show when I was watching it... disliked greatly might be a good choice of words. I thought(and still think) that the Liz/Beth divide makes no sense
  • Current national tour of Mamma Mia  Oct 23 2014, 02:16:15 PM
    The tour came back to Detroit last week. The lack of promotion for the show was apparent -- the house was pretty empty, especially Sunday night.

My biggest problem was the set - I wasn't expecting sweeping scenery or anything, but the two "walls" and a few tables were disappointing. Especially during the first few numbers, the cast seemed to cling as far back upstage as possible.

Sophie was good. Passionate but still finding her footing. Donna was great up until Winner. Dads
  • Current national tour of Mamma Mia  Oct 23 2014, 02:16:15 PM
    The tour came back to Detroit last week. The lack of promotion for the show was apparent -- the house was pretty empty, especially Sunday night.

My biggest problem was the set - I wasn't expecting sweeping scenery or anything, but the two "walls" and a few tables were disappointing. Especially during the first few numbers, the cast seemed to cling as far back upstage as possible.

Sophie was good. Passionate but still finding her footing. Donna was great up until Winner. Dads
  • Cinderella on tour.  Oct 23 2014, 02:11:47 PM
    and, ugh -- I love He Was Tall and the clever transformation back to her rags.
  • Cinderella on tour.  Oct 23 2014, 02:11:46 PM
    and, ugh -- I love He Was Tall and the clever transformation back to her rags.
  • Cinderella on tour.  Oct 23 2014, 02:05:25 PM
    Do you mind expanding on the transformation dress? I'm so curious as to any other way they might effectively stage it.
  • CINDERELLA Tour  Oct 23 2014, 11:34:07 AM
    Has anyone seen the tour yet? Judging from instagram pictures, the set seems mostly intact. Would love to hear about the new Stepsisters and entire physical production.
  • Has anybody seen the new Annie tour?  Oct 15 2014, 02:58:06 PM
    Aggie is truly trying... she was on the 30th tour and has done it regionally. Great voice but comedic timing was a little off. Faith Prince owned Aggie.
  • Has anybody seen the new Annie tour?  Oct 15 2014, 02:56:46 PM
    The Orphanage unit was really, really nice. The last tour set was pushing it.
    Rooster is a delight; Warbucks is still as mis-written as usual. The choreography is really quite odd. Anything that happens within the mansion is hand-ography. I Think I'm Gonna Like It... they hardly moved the entire song. NYC is a little lackluster. They had two side drops that flew in which I REALLY didn't like. And seconded -- Hooverville is pretty good. Issie is good. She's still settling into her role, altho
  • Jackie Burns - IF/THEN  Sep 12 2014, 11:29:13 PM
    How much longer does the show have? considering we're entering the harder months...
  • Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight  Sep 12 2014, 11:28:18 PM
    Looking under the #KekePalmer hashtag on Instagram... is it me, or does Judy Kaye's Godmother dress look distinctly different? I hope they didn't change the design or anything about it.. it was the best dress in the show after Ella's ball gown.
  • Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight  Sep 9 2014, 10:07:53 PM
    It's still history..she is still the only african american woman to play her. Not sure what you're getting at here.
  • Keke Palmer and Sherri Shepherd start CINDERELLA tonight  Sep 9 2014, 09:58:58 PM
    Keke has ACTING skills AND singing skills...she is a PERFORMER, and always has been. Ella has so many heartfelt, emotionally driven moments that I think Keke will nail. I looked up her name on Twitter and I have heard nothing but good things. Fingers crossed the transformation went well... lol
  • Cinderella Ticket Sales  Aug 21 2014, 11:52:43 PM
    Cinderella is one of my favorite shows, but I'm seriously concerned for it. They're making around 50%ish each week... Is the show really cheap to run or is everyone taking a pay cut? As much as I love the show, I did not imagine it running for this long making what it is.
  • Transformation Dress  Aug 21 2014, 05:22:46 PM
    I am in charge of special effects for school "events"... I have to design and construct a transformation dress for a sing-along event. Anyone on here have any experience? I am doing Elsa, and I'm working on a pull-out corset kind of thing. I have been watching some YouTube videos from homemade transformation outfits. Any help would be appreciated :)
  • Bye Rocky. =(  Aug 19 2014, 10:15:08 PM
    ROCKY, for the record, was not "bad". I just felt that the music was a little all over the place in the sense that they all kind of mushed together that if you asked me which I would cut first I couldn't recall for you since they all kind of "read" the same way - which was mediocre, save Margo's (sp?) and the ensemble numbers. It's sad, but I'm sure the show will have some sort of life after Broadway.
  • Souvenir cups from the bars...?  Aug 16 2014, 09:22:28 AM
    Bump. Couple years later... My soft drink at MATILDA last night was $10. Two years ago they were $7 at Newsies.... Considering the amount of people who also purchases drinks, I was suprised. $10 is a lot for what you get IMO.
  • Rocky Rush  Aug 12 2014, 05:18:09 PM
    Thanks. :)
  • Rocky Rush  Aug 12 2014, 05:17:54 PM
    8:30 cutting it closer to get there for rush tomorrow for the mat?