Profile for CarlosAlberto

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld CarlosAlberto
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: CarlosAlberto
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 3 - 6
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • HAIRSPRAY LIVE! will have live audience and new songs!  Apr 30 2016, 07:41:55 PM

I would be happy with either Krakowski or Chenoweth as Velma

• re: Break-up or moving on showtunes?  Apr 29 2016, 05:28:08 PM

Oh yes...Not A Day Goes By. God that song KILLS me.

• re: Break-up or moving on showtunes?  Apr 29 2016, 05:27:02 PM

That song from Merrily We Roll Along that Bernadette Peters always sings that always reduces me to tears...what's the name of it?

• Tony Awards Make Final Rulings of the Season on SHUFFLE ALONG & More!  Apr 29 2016, 02:03:53 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Isn't SA's advertising campaign saying its a revival? Wouldn't they have change it?

No. I have not seen any advertising for SA designating it as a revival. I'm quite surprised that they relegated Brian Stokes Mitchell and Billy Porter to the Featured Actor category. I don't feel that's right at all. 

• The importance of shutting off your cell phone in a theater  Apr 29 2016, 01:01:57 PM

@KathyNYC2: I wasn't BLAMING the ushers. They're only following directives from management. I believe that management needs to sit down and look at the problem and try to find a better solution because the way it's going down now it is not working. So if that's what YOU got out of what I wrote I apologize. That was not my intention, let's be clear on that point.

• Will Shuffle Along Survive Without Audra?  Apr 29 2016, 12:36:50 PM

I disagree with this. Brian Stokes Mitchell and Billy Porter are definite draws...and for the more savvy theatergoers you have the choreography of Savion Glover, the direction of George C. Wolfe and the music by Eubie Blake. Audra does not carry this show on her shoulders, and that is not to diminish her role in the show in any way, shape or form, but it is my opinion that the show will be just fine when Audra goes on hiatus. There is enough talent up on that stage to sustain this show. 

• The importance of shutting off your cell phone in a theater  Apr 29 2016, 12:30:51 PM

I really appreciate your feedback PThespian from your perspective because it is informative. I know that there are ushers who do their best to try to catch people who are using their phones and/or are being disruptive. I wasn't at all referring to those that do. A very good friend of mine works for the Nederlander organization as an usher and he tells me a lot about his on-the-job frustrations with these rude theatergoers. Dealing with the public in a customer service capacity is not an e

• The importance of shutting off your cell phone in a theater  Apr 29 2016, 10:59:07 AM

KathyNYC2: 

You are entitled to your opinion but with all due respect the truth of the matter is that they are not enforcing the rules and are not doing enough.

No one is suggesting that the ushers disrupt the show what is being suggested is that theater management come up a more effective way to curtail the excessive and unnecessary use of cell phones during a performance. It is clearly a problem that is growing and not decreasing and it needs to be addressed.

• RENT Opened On Broadway 20 Years Ago Today  Apr 29 2016, 10:38:25 AM

I can't believe it either. When it opened at the NYTW before it's transfer to Broadway I was living in a 5 floor walk up on 12th Street between 2nd and 1st Avenues and my roommate invited me to this new rock musical/opera thing (his words, not mine) that he got tickets for. 

We were blown away....and the rest is history.

Happy 20th Rent!

• The importance of shutting off your cell phone in a theater  Apr 29 2016, 10:35:06 AM

JM226 said: "the problem is that those ushers don't do a very good job, or it's simply not enforced enough"

Yes. I agree with this. The "rules" are in place but they aren't doing a very good job of enforcing it because if they were we wouldn't be having this conversation. 

I don't think it's asking much to put the phone in airplane mode or to shut it off until intermission. 

I don't understand why peo

• The importance of shutting off your cell phone in a theater  Apr 29 2016, 10:27:47 AM

DottieD'Luscia said: "Carlos, that behavior infuriates me to no end! I swear I want to grab the phone from their hands and smash it with my feet.

LOL Dottie. You and me both!

• The importance of shutting off your cell phone in a theater  Apr 29 2016, 10:27:20 AM

Broadway Forever2 said: "Did the phones ring or something during the show.? That would be awful. 

Yes, the phones must have rung taking Lin Manuel Miranda out of his moment in the performance. 

• The importance of shutting off your cell phone in a theater  Apr 29 2016, 07:06:55 AM

@atuomala, @DottieD'Luscia:   The behavior is maddening. I can get away without going to a movie and not deal with that madness knowing that in 2 1/2 - 3 months time that film will be released for home viewing. I obviously don't have that luxury with stage shows. 

• The importance of shutting off your cell phone in a theater  Apr 29 2016, 07:02:19 AM

Not only is it disruptive to the other audience members but it''s distracting to the performers up on that stage that want to give the audience their money's worth.

Here's the girl in the blue dress that was so into the show that Lin spotted and allowed him to get back into his performance, because when a performer sees someone truly appreciate the art and the effort that goes into a performance then that actor is going to be motivated to give 1,000 percen

• The importance of shutting off your cell phone in a theater  Apr 29 2016, 05:41:08 AM

I'm looking at you theater goer who lacks any kind of theater etiquette. 

Apparently 2 audience members did not shut off their cell phones during a performance of HAMILTON last night. Lin Manuel Miranda took to facebook to address it. One can only imagine that he's not the only performer who feels this way. I hope theater execs address this and adopt and enforce a policy regarding cell phone use. 

And that's just the tip of the iceberg in regards to di

• What Disney Movie is Next in Line for Broadway?  Apr 28 2016, 04:01:51 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "I hope it's THE ROCKETEER starring Nathan Lane.

He's waaay too heavy for lift-off.

• What Disney Movie is Next in Line for Broadway?  Apr 28 2016, 03:14:58 PM

THE LOVE BUG starring Laura Osnes, Jeremy Jordan and Nathan Lane

• What Disney Movie is Next in Line for Broadway?  Apr 28 2016, 03:12:49 PM

MONKEY'S, GO HOME! starring Kelli O'Hara and Matthew Morrison

• What Disney Movie is Next in Line for Broadway?  Apr 28 2016, 03:11:46 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "I hope it's TRON with Liza. 

THIS HAS GREATNESS WRITTEN ALL OVER IT!!!  

• What Disney Movie is Next in Line for Broadway?  Apr 28 2016, 03:11:08 PM

THE COMPUTER WORE TENNIS SHOES starring Darren Criss

BROADWAYWORLD TV