Profile for CarlosAlberto

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld CarlosAlberto
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: CarlosAlberto
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 3 - 6
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Bette's return  Jul 15 2017, 12:54:12 PM

Bette's Turban said: ""One moment that I'll remember forever:  Right smack dab in the middle of "Hello Dolly" she went up on a line. Did that faze her? Not in the least. She actually finished the line in perfect tempo by singing something about "going up", and a few measures later, during a lull in the song, she did an aside to the audience saying "You should have seen me last night." You can only imagine the reaction. So even when

• Cher: The Musical  Jul 9 2017, 05:13:21 PM

Cher's musical catalogue is rich and varied. Sure there are some clunkers in there - some of her mid 70s Warner Bros. output comes to mind...but she recorded some hits as well as some stellar underrated tracks as a solo artist and with Sonny that were the work of some of the top producers/arrangers/songwriters of that era: Phil Spector, Harold Battiste to name just two. She moved on to record her famous trilogy of story/songs with "Gypsy, Tramps & Thieves", "H

• Cher: The Musical  Jul 9 2017, 05:03:10 PM

gypsy101 said: "it's gonna be like a jukebox musical using her musical to tell the story of her life a la Jersey Boys and Beautiful. I think the early reports said three women will play Cher (which is strange since she's looked basically the same since the 80's)

Why do you find that strange? Cher's career started in the mid 1960s....she couldn't possibly play her 1960s or 1970s self. 

• John Davidson joins NEVERLAND tour  Jul 9 2017, 04:58:49 PM

It's absurd that anyone would think at that point that they were going to see John Davidson play Wayne Frake. Cripes, he was gray haired and middle aged at that point. 

That whole show was miscast from top to bottom. I mean having Donna McKechnie play the showgirl who falls in love with young Wayne made her come across like a cougar - and John was way too young to be playing Kathryn Crosby's husband! And don't get me started on Andrea McArdle as Margy...her ingenue shi

• I want to like Ken Fallin's caricatures, but I dont  Jul 8 2017, 08:18:12 AM

I'm a big fan of Squigs. I am still trying to figure out from Hogan's post who is responsible for Fallin's employment at BWW: Ebersole or LuPone. LOL.

• Dear Evan Hansen Stage Door  Jul 3 2017, 11:05:00 PM

All this bullish!t comes from some queens who feel they need to get their assholes licked and their Playbills signed..,.

• Do You Remember Your First Time?  Jul 1 2017, 12:13:01 AM

Reading this thread reminds me of how old I am!

• Do You Remember Your First Time?  Jul 1 2017, 12:07:26 AM

jtishere said: "I was enamored with movie musicals and Broadway scores from a young age but I didn't get to experience live professional theatre until spring 1994. Our high school band teacher took us to the Saenger Theatre in New Orleans to see the national tour of The Phantom of the Opera. I was in heaven, right down to the Diet Coke I got to order at the bar as I held my souvenir program with the red tassels. I remember coming home to a surprise - my dad had bought me the Phan

• Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!  Jun 30 2017, 03:24:02 PM

• The HAMILTON Instrumentals Album Released  Jun 30 2017, 03:18:03 PM

Kate Monster3 said: "http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Shout-it-to-the-Rooftops-HAMILTON-Instrumentals-and-Authorized-Sing-Along-Program-Available-Today-20170630

The article mentions gatherings they have in LA, the Hamiltunes?  I read they did something similar in NY, anyone know if anything like this&nbs

• Colin Firth in MFL?  Jun 30 2017, 03:09:24 PM

I'm keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed that Firth gets this but I am also loving the suggestion of Damian Lewis. I'd pay top dollar to see him in the role.

• The HAMILTON Instrumentals Album Released  Jun 30 2017, 01:49:02 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "This is everything I've ever needed and more.

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/2hrxJFlQwvPj9dCatdtt8g

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-hamilton-instrumentals/id1253736556

Great now I can look forward to

• Do You Remember Your First Time?  Jun 30 2017, 12:19:25 PM

ggersten said: "1969 - My Fair Lady - Dorothy Chandler Pavilion/Los Angeles Civic Light Opera starring Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. Third row center.  

There might have been a prior show from the free seats at The Muny or Loretta Hilton Repertory in St. Louis, but reviewing the list of shows doesn't ring any bells.  But, there were always original broadway cast recordings to listen to - due to my mother and grandparents.

Who played Eliza?<

• Hello Dolly film on Netflix  Jun 30 2017, 12:18:02 PM

I love this film. My mom told me that she and my dad saw this at the Rivoli Theater back in 1969. I remember finding the program for it in storage and I asked her about it. I was about a year old when the film came out.

• Do You Remember Your First Time?  Jun 30 2017, 10:45:42 AM

I remember my first time it was in the back of....OH WAIT.

Yeah, um, it was the Spring of 1982. Drama class field trip. DREAMGIRLS. Imperial Theater. Original Cast.

• Emmy Rossum HAS to play Celie in The Color Purple!  Jun 30 2017, 10:42:17 AM

Messytheatregirl said: "LOVE that idea! I haven't even considered that! Better yet, why doesn't she just play The Engineer?

NO. I want Lea Delaria to play The Engineer. I want Emmy as Kim, Leslie Odom Jr as Chris and Cynthia Erivo as Ellen.

• We're not allowed to talk about Ben in Marc's shows?  Jun 30 2017, 10:40:26 AM

theaterguy11 said: "Panda Express is irrelevant and unrelated to the story. Follow the money!!

It's clear that Marc Platt helped them fast track this mediocre musical to Broadway and then ran an a bullying PR campaign to instill in everyone's mind that Ben was giving the best performance ever. He then engineered Jake G and Jon Jon B to be taken out of consideration clearing the way for a bought Tony. 

Dude. I want whatever you're

• Emmy Rossum HAS to play Celie in The Color Purple!  Jun 30 2017, 10:34:07 AM

I disagree. She's better suited for Kim in MISS SAIGON. I'd pay top dollar to see that!

• Emmy Rossum HAS to not play Mimi in Rent  Jun 30 2017, 10:19:26 AM

hork said: "Um ... Latinas can be white.

Yes, they can and many are...the one thing they can't be is CAUCASIAN

• Emmy Rossum HAS to not play Mimi in Rent  Jun 30 2017, 10:18:13 AM

GeorgeandDot said: "Jonathan Pryce HAS to play Mimi in Rent

Ok. This just made me spit out my coffee....EL OH EL