BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for CarlosAlberto
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: CarlosAlberto
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 3 - 6
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Darren Criss in Hedwig  Jun 26 2015, 04:23:58 PM

dra-mah. coo-weenz much. *snap*

¡no me gusta!

• Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Jun 25 2015, 05:44:52 PM

Maybe they could give Taye a Grace Jones flat top instead of an afro....

• Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Jun 25 2015, 05:43:00 PM

""I've seen every Hedwig except for Andrew Rannells."
    Who did you like at the Jane? aside from JCM."

I should have clarified in this specific revival.

But I did see John Cameron Mitchell and Michael Cerveris at the Jane.

• Clueless Coming To Broadway?  Jun 25 2015, 05:31:59 PM

Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez would have been a good fit for this particular project. Too bad that it's now being done as a jukebox musical.

• Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Jun 25 2015, 05:17:03 PM

I've seen every Hedwig except for Andrew Rannells. I am definitely looking forward to Taye's turn on July 22nd! I hope they give him a ginormous afro!!

• Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Jun 25 2015, 05:00:52 PM

I think yourheartcansing was irked because of the way skies phrased his question. He felt skies should have asked if Taye was the first black or African American to play 'Hedwig' as opposed to asking if Taye was the first person of color as "person of color" encompasses Asians, Latinos or any other ethnicity that is not considered "white" or Caucasian.

Anyway let's steer this baby back on topic and focus on Taye and Hedwig.

• Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Jun 25 2015, 03:42:00 PM

Sorry, I get defensive when people (whether on purpose or accidentally) erase Darren's race just because he is white passing.

Darren isn't passing for anything. He has a universal look and the type that can easily get cast in a wide range of roles. 

I find it odd why you would think that anyone would want to "erase" Darren's race.

I also find it odd that you would get defensive about it even if tha

• Why Have We Never Had A Dreamgirls OBC Reunion?  Jun 25 2015, 01:28:43 PM

"I did a benefit in LA where the three original Dreamgirls made their first appearance together since the show, Sheryl Lee Ralph, Loretta Devine, and Jennifer Holiday, and it was thrilling.

I've posted a link to this thread on Sheryl's wall on Facebook

Holliday, Devine and Lee Ralph reunited once for Lee Ralph's Annual Divas Simply Singing benefit concert. 

• Movie adaptations of plays that starred the original actors  Jun 25 2015, 01:21:09 PM

Judy Holliday - Bells are Ringing

Len Cariou - A Little Night Music

Mabel King and Ted Ross - The Wiz

Tim Curry, Nell Campbell, Patricia Quinn, Meat Loaf, Richard O'Brien and Jonathan Adams - The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Loretta Devine* and Hinton Battle* - Dreamgirls (*in different roles)

Joel Grey - Cabaret

Farrah Fawcett* and James Russo - Extremities  (*replaced Susan Sarandon in the original Off-Broadway production)<

• Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?  Jun 24 2015, 04:50:19 PM

""Because those that do are so damned perfect that they have nothing better to do than to come on an internet message board and tear someone else down."
    Or maybe plastic surgery is what some call "a topic of conversation."
    And maybe if you keep saying that it shouldn't be discussed, everyone in the world will stop discussing it.
    Maybe."

It's a free country, anyone can discuss any topic they wish to discuss and I'm not say

• Movie adaptations of plays that starred the original actors  Jun 24 2015, 04:28:13 PM

Yes but you know musicals are plays too so from now on the Tonys will include musicals in the Best PLAY category. Because, yeah y'know they are one and the same.

So..nyah.

• Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?  Jun 24 2015, 04:25:33 PM

"I can't tell if she's had surgery or not, but she looks great regardless. She's hardly Jocelyn Wildenstein, so why dwell on it?"

Because those that do are so damned perfect that they have nothing better to do than to come on an internet message board and tear someone else down.

• Movie adaptations of plays that starred the original actors  Jun 24 2015, 01:52:53 PM

Patty Duke played Annie Sullivan in the television remake of THE MIRACLE WORKER...and she won an Emmy for it.

• Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Jun 24 2015, 01:51:32 PM

"Hot."

Agreed!

• Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Jun 24 2015, 01:28:07 PM

• Movie adaptations of plays that starred the original actors  Jun 24 2015, 12:58:36 PM

The thread title specifically states plays, so why are people listing musicals?

• Michele Lee Cast As Madame Morrible in  Jun 24 2015, 12:50:11 PM

Not to me or else I would not have written what I did.

• Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?  Jun 24 2015, 12:11:42 PM

"But she didn't look bad to begin with! She was quite pretty in the STEEL PIER and CHARLIE BROWN days. Perhaps she had a medical reason to get such a (bad) facelift, perhaps she didn't think she looked pretty in the 90s. Whatever. But that's no excuse to paint yourself orange! "

But it's her face and her body and she can do whatever she feels like with both. What in the hell does that have to do with her talent?

• Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?  Jun 24 2015, 12:02:30 PM

And she's desperate for fame, indeed. The new face says it all. 

So by this logic every woman who has undergone the knife is desperate for fame. It has nothing to do with wanting to improve upon their looks.

Insert eye roll here > > > 

• Michele Lee Cast As Madame Morrible in  Jun 24 2015, 10:49:46 AM

"Lee returns to the theater she had one of her best roles in. Back than it was the Uris & the show was Seesaw. It was an entertaining show with a great Cy Coleman score & Tommy Tune dancing & Michael Bennett directing. The mind boggles as to what he could have done had he not died way to young."

He accomplished plenty after SEESAW, Mr. Roxy.

Have you heard of A CHORUS LINE and DREAMGIRLS to name two blockbuster musical

BROADWAYWORLD TV