BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for CarlosAlberto
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: CarlosAlberto
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 3 - 6
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • OLIVER! Film Reboot Thread  Jul 27 2015, 02:33:58 PM

Another possible and wholly unnecessary remake is WEST SIDE STORY. Spielberg has been setting his sights on it for a couple of years now. I don't know if anything has happened  past the talking stages at this point.

• OLIVER! Film Reboot Thread  Jul 27 2015, 02:30:59 PM

"I am very excited to see this remake, especially that Cameron Mackintosh, producer of the stage version is behind it. It will be great."

That a producer from the stage version is involved in the film version is not the guarantee that the film will be as good as one might think.

Perfect example: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC, which was a Broadway hit back in 1973 and most of the powers-that-be behind that successful production were also invo

• OLIVER! Film Reboot Thread  Jul 27 2015, 01:04:03 PM

Jeffrey, a thread for the upcoming film already exists. If you are interested in reading others thoughts/opinions on it I am providing you with a link:

Oliver! Movie Remake Thread

• Applause Before  Jul 27 2015, 10:22:50 AM

I've experienced applause in that section only once - - - when Darren was still in the show.

He has a very rabid fan base and they'll applaud at the blink of the eye. LOL!

• My  Jul 27 2015, 10:21:08 AM

I've tried giving you the benefit of the doubt on many occasions Liza's Headband but what you did right here on this very thread was just so unnecessary. You so deserve the backlash you are receiving here.

Thanks Ado for sharing your journey with us. I can totally relate to it. It's a wonderful feeling when something resonates with you on a personal level and brings about a positive change. I'm happy you experienced that. It's awesome.

• THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Jul 27 2015, 10:04:18 AM

If they get Grace Jones to play "Evilene" that would be beyond amazing!

I really hope they get her!

• Why Does Michael Riedel hate  Jul 27 2015, 09:16:30 AM

^ Gawd you're an idiot. GROW UP!

• How can I get tickets for Hamilton next month?  Jul 23 2015, 07:07:16 PM

"Phillypinto--why do you act so stupid all the time?"

Ok. THIS is hands down my favorite post of the day!

• Darren Criss in Hedwig  Jul 23 2015, 06:58:12 PM

LOL Dame...como me conoces! cool

• Darren Criss in Hedwig  Jul 23 2015, 06:33:18 PM

Even though I did like Darren in HEDWIG I respect the opinions of some on this thread that say they didn't care for it, do you know why? Because some of you have actually taken the time to back up your feelings in regards to your love of the piece versus his performance. I totally have respect for that even if the opinion differs from mine. What I don't respect is those that just post something along the lines of: Darren Criss sucks and then leaves it at that which leads me to suspect that ma

• Canadian Production of A Chorus Line With A Male  Jul 23 2015, 06:21:02 PM

That is a very interesting concept. I can totally see it working in the context that Zachary is a gay choreographer and Casey was his lover/protege. It doesn't require any stretch of the imagination. 

• Why Does Michael Riedel hate  Jul 23 2015, 05:13:42 PM

Phillypinto, you haven't seen HAMILTON and the shows you are rooting for like SCHOOL OF ROCK haven't even opened yet so how is anyone supposed to take your opinions seriously? 

• Hedwig after Taye  Jul 23 2015, 05:06:15 PM

"Love Groff's voice but otherwise he is waaaay too vanilla for my taste so that would be a "no" to seeing him in booty shorts.  "

"But weren't NPH, AR and DC pretty vanilla? And yet they all surprised us with their darker shades (to varying degrees)."

Y'know J52 I take that back. You've made an excellent point and I must admit I

• Hedwig after Taye  Jul 23 2015, 04:04:18 PM

"Does no one else share my Groff enthusiasm?? Think of the vocals! Think of the booty shorts, people! "

Love Groff's voice but otherwise he is waaaay too vanilla for my taste so that would be a "no" to seeing him in booty shorts.

• Why Does Michael Riedel hate  Jul 23 2015, 03:04:58 PM

If it was a new Sondheim show that was getting this much attention I'm sure we wouldn't be hearing so much backlash, except maybe from AfterEight.

• Meryl Streep in Master Class film  Jul 23 2015, 02:49:00 PM

"I'd rather you share the bottom half of your avatar,thank you very much."

lmao @ sweet lips!!!

• Why Does Michael Riedel hate  Jul 23 2015, 02:45:15 PM

I wonder if HAIR and A CHORUS LINE were met with any sort of backlash when they transferred from the Public to Broadway. When HAIR opened it was considered (by some) to be revolutionary, so much so that it was the show that would singlehandedly change the face of American Musical Theater, ditto ACL.

Granted, the internet and social media were not around back then but there was television, print media and radio - - - I imagine billboard advertisements were extensive as well.

• Why Does Michael Riedel hate  Jul 23 2015, 02:02:22 PM

JayG 2's attempts at sarcasm are pedestrian and laughable. Why someone would spend so much time on anything they have such disdain and contempt for is beyond me but yet here it is for everyone on the board to witness.

• Why Does Michael Riedel hate  Jul 23 2015, 01:37:24 PM

""To me, Miranda comes off as extremely down-to-earth and gracious in every interview. And the fact that he's giving / organizing these mini-performances at every lottery so the event is special to the hundreds of losers is pretty darn great. There's a level of connection

• Meryl Streep in Master Class film  Jul 23 2015, 01:31:08 PM

I've been doing an extensive Google search to see if I can unearth any new information in regards to this project but so far I've only found articles announcing the project and nothing in regards to it's status.

In the interim if I come across anything I will be more than happy to share it with you.

BROADWAYWORLD TV