Profile for CarlosAlberto
Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld CarlosAlberto
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: CarlosAlberto
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 3 - 6
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • On Your Feet! Previews  Oct 6 2015, 06:20:27 AM

ChiTheaterFan said: "Interesting you mention the audience. When I saw this in Chicago I noticed the ushers were extra vocal about there being no photos or video. They were running up and down the aisles literally yelling it before curtain. My friend and I both commented we'd never seen it before. Then we still saw two people taking videos, which to the ushers' credit, they promptly stopped. I wonder if this show is bringing a demographic that may be more accustomed to a

• On Your Feet! Previews  Oct 5 2015, 08:05:39 PM

I can't wait to see this. Glad to read some of the positive feedback.

• STREISAND wants to make GYPSY  Oct 3 2015, 07:09:33 PM

OMG that was my first exposure to GYPSY as well! WABC-TV's 4:30 Movie was also my first exposure to VALLEY OF THE DOLLS! They also showed it in 2 parts!

• STREISAND wants to make GYPSY  Oct 2 2015, 02:11:12 PM

lovebwy said: "I agree that the original movie version of Gypsy is good. Two things made it very flawed though. That Godawful voice over they had Roz Russell do. The other problems is Russell's singing voice. If everything else were the same and they'd let Merman do the movie, it was be an all time unquestioned classic."

I agree with this. Call me biased but Natalie Wood was born to play Louise/Gypsy, she lived with a real life "Mama Rose&quo

• Remembering PORGY AND BESS on the 80th Anniversary of its public debut  Sep 30 2015, 09:42:11 PM

I got goosebumps looking at those beautiful pictures!

• Grease: Live casting  Sep 30 2015, 12:47:24 PM

GreasedLightning said: "Putzie has always been a character. He was portrayed by Kelly Ward in the 1978 film as one of the core T-Birds... 

Yes, but the character of Putzie is named Roger in the original show. It was changed to Putzie by Allan Carr when he adapted the original show's book for the 1978 film version. Bronte Woodard wrote the screenplay. 

• Laura Benanti has suffered a miscarriage.  Sep 30 2015, 11:05:12 AM

Oh no! I feel for her loss but I applaud her for her strength and bravery and her decision to use this experience to help and educate other women that may be going through the same thing. Just one more reason to love her. That was a beautifully written op-ed.

• Met and was ignored by Bette Midler yesterday  Sep 28 2015, 04:59:10 PM

A smile and a thank you takes all of what? 2 seconds? Cut the OP some slack, he's obviously a big fan.  Being completely ignored by someone you admire and took the time out to reach out to just to let them know they matter or made a difference in your life is extremely disappointing.

• Most Overrated Tony Award Winning Best Musical  Sep 28 2015, 10:27:18 AM

Dreamgirls was my first Broadway show so I naturally have a soft spot for it, but I also saw Nine and I love all things Italian - - - and Fellini is one of my favorite directors so I was really torn when Nine won over Dreamgirls.

• Marin Mazzie has cancer  Sep 28 2015, 10:24:49 AM

I hope she pulls through with flying colors and continues to grace us with her talent and beauty for many, many more years to come. Prayers, love + light for Marin!

• Revised CARRIE on Broadway?  Sep 28 2015, 08:21:31 AM

newintown said: Perhaps it's just me, but I think everything about the writing of Carrie the musical is just atrociously amateurish.

No, It's not just you. This is one of the worst shows in musical theater history. Why the creators and a myriad of producers feel the need to continue to resuscitate what is so obviously a dead corpse of a show is beyond me.

Please, like in the novel and in the movie just let CARRIE die! Enough already!

• Kristen Chenoweth's Tony Snubs  Sep 28 2015, 07:24:36 AM

Soaring29 said: "Having not seen her, I can't make any comment, but I admire the way she dealt with the criticism that was thrown at her from it.  She says that  she chose to stay with the show longer because she knew she wasn't done with the character and that she doesn't care that the critics think that heartbreak could never happen to her because it has happened to her.  Regardless of whether or not she was good in the role, you have to admire her streng

• Kristen Chenoweth's Tony Snubs  Sep 28 2015, 07:13:31 AM

LMcC95 said: "It was Kelli turn to win. That was political as political could get. 

And that's what it basically boils down to with any award show. That's why I personally take award shows with a grain of salt.

• Original ending to THE LION KING  Sep 28 2015, 07:06:03 AM

She's such a pretentious bore.

• Your thoughts on the 2010 Promises, Promises revival  Sep 26 2015, 06:43:02 PM

I believe that it wasn't a question of whether Kristin Chenoweth could handle a serious role and more that she was a tad too mature for it. 

• Your thoughts on the 2010 Promises, Promises revival  Sep 23 2015, 07:27:43 PM

Ugh. Don't get me started. It was woefully miscast. The choreography was a huge let down. The interpolation of two additional Bacharach/David songs that were not written for the show added nothing - - - and they changed the time period of the show from the late '60s to the early '60s.

• Rare West Side Story OBC Footage  Sep 23 2015, 04:45:50 PM

• Three Hottest Chorus Boys on Broadway  Sep 9 2015, 11:46:08 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "Where's the list of the hottest "Chorus MEN"?

YES!!! Where is that list? I would love to see it!

Screw that! I'll create one!!

• Three Hottest Chorus Boys on Broadway  Sep 9 2015, 11:30:22 AM

Ummm - - - Hell to the no!

• Revivals you would love to see  Sep 8 2015, 05:55:44 PM

JBroadway said: "I feel like some version of this thread topic springs up once a month. 

You're right, they do.