Profile for CarlosAlberto

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld CarlosAlberto
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: CarlosAlberto
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 3 - 6
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?  Apr 16 2017, 11:57:38 PM

Kelli O'Hara is 41 years old. She is simply way too old to be considered for the part of Eliza Dolittle in MY FAIR LADY - and I'm not trying to be insulting it's just a fact. 

She's more appropriate for the role of Lili Vanessi in KISS ME KATE. 

• Cynthia on Bee Gees special  Apr 16 2017, 11:49:51 PM

smidge said: "Would have been cool if it was Cynthia Gibb.

Wow! Now that's someone I haven't seen or heard from in years! I remember her from the TV series FAME - - - and of course her "Louise" opposite the Divine Miss M in the telefilm version of GYPSY.

EDIT: Just remembered another one: she played Karen Carpenter in THE KAREN CARPENTER STORY. 

• Cynthia on Bee Gees special  Apr 16 2017, 11:36:09 PM

Oh - - - Erivo. 

I was thinking it was Cynthia Nixon at first....lol

• CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018  Apr 16 2017, 11:34:50 PM

WOW!!!! surprise

• Cynthia on Bee Gees special  Apr 16 2017, 11:31:52 PM

Cynthia who? 

• Cynthia Erivo in Man Of La Mancha?  Dec 30 2016, 01:20:28 PM

Why not have a gender-bending "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Jonathan Groff while we're at it.

• Cher: The Musical  Dec 30 2016, 01:07:37 PM

Aaaaah to revisit the board for one of the last times only to see Oak2 shutting down AfterEight makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. 

• Debbie Reynolds has passed away  Dec 29 2016, 07:44:49 AM

One of my faves and one of the greats. She excelled at everything she did. RIP to a great lady. 

The Hilary Knight artwork for her Broadway show IRENE is one of my favorite. I have the Original Broadway Cast Album cover framed. It captures Debbie perfectly...she was always so "bubbly". 

• 6 Words of Wisdom from RENT's Anthony Rapp  Dec 21 2016, 12:41:40 PM

newintown said:

1. Don't
    2. Become
    3. A
    4. Has
    5. Been
    6. Gurl

EL OH EL!!!

• Joanna Gleason and Chris Sarandon sign on for NICK AND NORA reunion...  Dec 15 2016, 04:08:44 PM

Ha! I had forgotten Chris Sarandon and Bostwick did "Nick & Nora" together considering that ex-wife Susan was carrying on with Bostwick while filming RHPS. 

Maybe Bostwick can participate in the reunion and they can invite Susan to attend. Now THAT'S what I would call an interesting reunion.  

• HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Viewing Thread  Dec 9 2016, 03:49:49 PM

Dove Cameron looks like a real live Barbie doll. She's adorable. 

• HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Viewing Thread  Dec 9 2016, 03:28:28 PM

Is Ephraim Sykes family? 

• HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Dec 2 2016, 02:37:54 AM

....damn Ariana is so disappointing. That a non singer like Amanda Bynes outdid her as "Penny" says a lot. 

• HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Dec 2 2016, 02:33:36 AM

Oh and I have to say the best part of You Can Stop The Beat is Jennifer Hudson...everyone else was very much "meh"...

• HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Dec 2 2016, 02:31:28 AM

Oh hells no. The Broadway and Movie versions are    better than this one. This recording is "ok" but the production and the vocals are vastly superior on the original Broadway cast album and the film version is so much better...especially Nikki Blonsky as Tracy...and in my opinion Elijah Kelley's version of Run and Tell That blows the TV version out of the water.

This TV version is nice but underwhelming. 

• HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Dec 1 2016, 05:34:04 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Oh, Michael St. Gerard.  From playing Link in the original 1988 film HAIRSPRAY to playing Elvis Presley a few times to obscurity.   Now at age 55, he's a pastor in Harlem.  

He is still the hottest Link Larkin out of all the Link Larkin's to date, and what's so wrong with being a pastor or even playing Elvis. You say it like he has something to be ashamed of. At least he didn't play a power bottom! LMAO!!! 

• HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Dec 1 2016, 02:52:32 PM

I agree that Garrett Clayton as Link is all wrong. He does nothing for me. When I think of Link Larkin, power bottom does NOT come to mind. The part has been cast lately with the fayest little twinks. 

Michael St. Gerard was the hottest Link - - - 

• Dreamgirls Broadway Revival Dream Casting  Nov 28 2016, 12:28:38 PM

If they do revive this show anytime soon I truly hope + pray it is NOT the production that is now playing across the pond. The costumes are hideous. 

I want the original staging and costumes, I want "Listen" relegated back to the 2006 feature film as the original stage show does NOT need or require it and for God's sake please, oh, please re-instate that fabulous Act II opener with The Dreams in Las Vegas.

I want my Dreamgirls back!!

• Has a Broadway musical ever been the subject of a national controversy before?  Nov 23 2016, 09:47:55 AM
  • HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Nov 22 2016, 03:22:00 PM

It looks ok.