BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for CarlosAlberto
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: CarlosAlberto
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 3 - 6
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Apr 2 2015, 11:42:48 AM

NEWSFLASH: Jennifer Hudson is THIRTY THREE YEARS OLD.

There is no way in hell they are casting a 33 year old singer in the role of Dorothy, unless of course they are doing the movie version and making Dorothy a 20-ish schoolteacher from Harlem. 

• THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Apr 2 2015, 06:10:09 AM

Condola Rashad?!!?!! Condola Rashad is 28 years old... She cannot pull off playing a young Kansas farm girl.

One thing I do hope they try to do is to get Stephanie Mills in a role. It would be nice if they did as a nod to the show's legacy. It would be nice but not necessary.

Another thing I do know for sure: I am so glad some of you Message Board Update!  Apr 1 2015, 05:39:04 PM

Oh great now we're going to be subjected to improper use of HTML.

• Message Board Update!  Apr 1 2015, 02:38:55 PM

@ Tag: Gotcha!

• Message Board Update!  Apr 1 2015, 02:33:14 PM

Not necessarily. You can just copy/paste the image's url into the insert/edit image dialog box.

• Message Board Update!  Apr 1 2015, 02:12:30 PM

I love the changes Rob. Long overdue, but better late than never!

• THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Apr 1 2015, 01:47:43 PM
    These threads commenting on who should be in a cast are always tongue-in-cheek and completely ridiculous.

Oh I get it. I've been on here long enough to know that. It's just my sarcastic way of pointing it out, but Bilbo3 was serious when he suggested Ariana Grande for "Dorothy".

I had a good laugh with that one...and I really needed that so maybe I should thank him?

• THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Apr 1 2015, 01:27:55 PM
    Why cause she's not black? God forbid any other ethnicity play the role even when their voice and personality is perfect for it. The racial casting system we hold today is much more flawed than I realized. Dorothy doesn't have to be black. If someone actually thinks Dorothy HAS to be Black in order to do The Wiz correctly, then they don't know anything about The Wiz. Not necessarily judging you, Carlos. Just saying in general.

it seems to me you have no idea about the history of
  • THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Apr 1 2015, 01:05:25 PM
    no she's not

• THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Apr 1 2015, 01:02:18 PM
    literally? really? ariana grande isn't african american...
  • THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Apr 1 2015, 12:36:04 PM
    Why not just suggest any African American actors that can carry a tune and call it a freakin' day already...

Oh wait-a-minute...that *is* what you all are doing...
  • THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Mar 30 2015, 06:56:40 PM
    I'm glad you didn't...you've done enough damage. LOL.

/sarcasm
  • THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Mar 30 2015, 06:52:23 PM
    Yes it was extremely WHITE of you to point that out! :-P
  • THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Mar 30 2015, 06:49:09 PM
    Oh so the crackers believe the hit black show was the reason the black musical was chosen? I wonder what would have happened if a Latino show would have been the hit...I guess the go to classic would have been West Side Story?
  • Harvey Weinstein Accused Of Sexual Misconduct  Mar 30 2015, 06:45:35 PM
    To be fair I was going to be the first one to answer but some guy dropped on my lap and....my attention was elsewhere...
  • THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Mar 30 2015, 04:14:23 PM
    Fantastic news....and a Broadway revival as well? I didn't see that coming at all! It's long over due. THE WIZ has always been this underrated little gem. It needs to be seen in more or less it's original form.

• New 2-Disc ON THE 20TH CENTURY Recording Artwork & Tracklisting!  Mar 30 2015, 01:30:39 PM
    Great! I can't wait to get this!!
  • The 2015 NBC Live Musical?  Mar 30 2015, 08:06:51 AM
    If Zedon/Meron and NBC decide to choose THE WIZ as their next live television musical broadcast then I hope they would consider casting Jussie Smollett as The Scarecrow. He's got the charisma and vocal chops for the role.
  • Chita Rivera and The Visit Stage Door  Mar 27 2015, 05:56:07 PM
    You're a friggin' piece of work. How dare you compare something as serious as rape to stage dooring or anything else discussed on this forum. You are trivializing a very serious crime. What the hell is your problem. Dude, seek some kind of help you are clearly not dealing with a full deck.

• Chita Rivera and The Visit Stage Door  Mar 27 2015, 05:33:57 PM
    I want to marry you and have your children FishermanBob.