Profile for CarlosAlberto

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld CarlosAlberto
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: CarlosAlberto
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 3 - 6
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Dec 2 2016, 02:37:54 AM

....damn Ariana is so disappointing. That a non singer like Amanda Bynes outdid her as "Penny" says a lot. 

• HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Dec 2 2016, 02:33:36 AM

Oh and I have to say the best part of You Can Stop The Beat is Jennifer Hudson...everyone else was very much "meh"...

• HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Dec 2 2016, 02:31:28 AM

Oh hells no. The Broadway and Movie versions are    better than this one. This recording is "ok" but the production and the vocals are vastly superior on the original Broadway cast album and the film version is so much better...especially Nikki Blonsky as Tracy...and in my opinion Elijah Kelley's version of Run and Tell That blows the TV version out of the water.

This TV version is nice but underwhelming. 

• HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Dec 1 2016, 05:34:04 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Oh, Michael St. Gerard.  From playing Link in the original 1988 film HAIRSPRAY to playing Elvis Presley a few times to obscurity.   Now at age 55, he's a pastor in Harlem.  

He is still the hottest Link Larkin out of all the Link Larkin's to date, and what's so wrong with being a pastor or even playing Elvis. You say it like he has something to be ashamed of. At least he didn't play a power bottom! LMAO!!! 

• HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Dec 1 2016, 02:52:32 PM

I agree that Garrett Clayton as Link is all wrong. He does nothing for me. When I think of Link Larkin, power bottom does NOT come to mind. The part has been cast lately with the fayest little twinks. 

Michael St. Gerard was the hottest Link - - - 

• Dreamgirls Broadway Revival Dream Casting  Nov 28 2016, 12:28:38 PM

If they do revive this show anytime soon I truly hope + pray it is NOT the production that is now playing across the pond. The costumes are hideous. 

I want the original staging and costumes, I want "Listen" relegated back to the 2006 feature film as the original stage show does NOT need or require it and for God's sake please, oh, please re-instate that fabulous Act II opener with The Dreams in Las Vegas.

I want my Dreamgirls back!!

• Has a Broadway musical ever been the subject of a national controversy before?  Nov 23 2016, 09:47:55 AM
  • HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Nov 22 2016, 03:22:00 PM

It looks ok. 

• FUNNY GIRL@WINTER-GARDEN THEATRE  Nov 21 2016, 05:01:57 PM

I see you haven't found a sucker to purchase it. You've been trying to unload it for 2 years and still no takers. Now you've dropped the price by 1/2 and it's still not worth the asking price.

• Movie Stars You like To See On Broadway  Nov 9 2016, 12:30:14 PM

Phantom of London said: "As we know that Broadway gets it fair share of Hollywood Movie stars, but what ones would you love to see on Broadway?

I would love to see:

Tim Robbins

Mark Ruffalo

Morgan Freeman

Ruffalo and Freeman have done Broadway before.

• Tammy Grimes  Oct 31 2016, 08:41:43 PM

My heart just broke into a million pieces...she was one of a kind...she was special...original... she defied comparison....God bless her! 

• I Need Jake Gyllenhaal To Play Bobby  Oct 28 2016, 11:43:24 PM

This thread has made me love Jordan Catalan even more...

• 2017 NBC Live Musical is  Oct 28 2016, 04:38:11 PM

Mister Matt wrote:  The lukewarm TV movie was over 20 years ago and neither it nor the original film have endured very well in pop culture.  

The bolded part of that sentence is waaaaaay off base. The original 1963 film version of BYE BYE BIRDIE took liberties with the original material, but one thing is for sure is that it is considered a classic and the film that made Ann-Margret a bankable Hollywood movie star, her performance in it and the infamous openi

• I Need Jake Gyllenhaal To Play Bobby  Oct 28 2016, 04:32:44 PM

barcelona20 said: "I love everyone's passion. Nothing better than a good casting discussion/argument.

"Joanne" is supposed to be in her 40's....50's; Allison Janney is 56.

I wasn't disputing her age. Again: NOT PAYING ATTENTION.

• I Need Jake Gyllenhaal To Play Bobby  Oct 28 2016, 04:25:56 PM

QueenAlice said: "Carlos -- curious who you think would make a good Joanne for a film...

Meryl Streep (if you're skewing older)

Cate Blanchett

Toni Collette

Stockard Channing (also if you're skewing older)

Catherine Zeta-Jones

"Joanne" is supposed to be in her 40's....50's

• I Need Jake Gyllenhaal To Play Bobby  Oct 28 2016, 04:20:55 PM

barcelona20 said: "You're right Carlos. I didn't see the revival twice with Raul and have never seen it several other times in smaller community productions.  If you don't think Allison Janney brings the perfect level of upper class sarcastic sexiness that the part requires, then you're crazy.

Then I'm crazy because I don't think she exudes what's needed for the part....and if you've seen that many productions of

• I Need Jake Gyllenhaal To Play Bobby  Oct 28 2016, 04:03:28 PM

barcelona20 said: "Joanne = Allison Janney. Not debatable.

You don't even know what the show is about, let alone anything about the main character and now you're making not debatable suggestions. Um, no.

Oh and your choice for Joanne...uh-uh.

• 2017 NBC Live Musical is  Oct 28 2016, 11:37:39 AM

This is actually pretty great casting. Jennifer Lopez is a fantastic dancer and I have no doubt she's gonna slay the "Sultan's Ballet". Her vocals have actually improved over the years. Realistically, the type of music she performs does not require a lot of range or vocal pyrotechnics.

However, she really surprised me when she performed a tribute to slain Tejano singer Selena - who she played in the 1996 bio pic at the 2015 Billboard Awards In the film she was dubbed

• The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread  Oct 24 2016, 02:55:22 PM

That Laverne Cox is getting some good reviews is not saying much. She basically played Frank-N-Furter as a drag queen who in one segment channels Grace Jones and then does a little Beyonce until the very end where she pulls a Tina Turner. 

It was THE LAVERNE COX IMPERSONATION HORROR SHOW 

FUCKING MESS

• The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread  Oct 21 2016, 05:24:35 PM

QueenAlice said: "Interesting to note that (per the official Rocky Horror Picture Show website) the original film is STILL playing regularly in around 100 cinemas each week. That's a pretty impressive limited release. I assume the film studio is still making money from these screenings?

Yes they are Queen Alice. 20th Century-Fox is making money from all of those screenings, add to that home entertainment sales (DVD/Blu-Ray/Streaming services) and licensed mercha

BROADWAYWORLD TV

HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Latest - Photos: When Worlds Collide- HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Meets THE WIZ LIVE!
Backstage with Richard Ridge
JERSEY BOYS' Mark Ballas
Backstage Bite
Thanksgiving Special!
Turning the Tables
Randy Rainbow w/ FIDDLER Cast
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
CHEWING THE SCENERY-Randy Rainbow Checks in with Liza Minnelli to Chat HAIRSPRAY LIVE!, Pence & More!
KID CRITICS
KID CRITICS at BLUE MAN!
BROADWAY SESSIONS
Open Mic'ers Bring It All to Broadway Sessions!

Advertisement