Profile for Broadway Joe

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Broadway Joe
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Broadway Joe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • The Official TDF Thread  Feb 16 2017, 04:07:26 PM

macnyc said: "I listened to the one number from Come From Away that was posted on YouTube, and I didn't care for it at all. But I don't want to form an opinion based on one song taken out of context, so I do look forward to getting tickets on TDF at some point.

The word of mouth from the out-of-town productions has been great. The question is, though, how will New Yorkers feel about a 9/11 musical? Especially New Yorkers who were here that day and lived though

• Riedel on new plays already in danger  Feb 10 2017, 12:17:07 PM

little_sally said: "Broadway Joe said: "little_sally said: "

Sweat has tickets under $40?

Btw, Significant Other and A Doll's House Part 2 also have tickets under $40.

"

Sorry, I looked at my list wrong the play that goes wrong($30) does not sweat, I had looked up the cheapest prices for after the shows open and unless I was looking in the wrong spot significant other was $49 and a dolls house was $

• Riedel on new plays already in danger  Feb 10 2017, 11:59:27 AM

little_sally said: "

Sweat has tickets under $40?

Btw, Significant Other and A Doll's House Part 2 also have tickets under $40.

"

Sorry, I looked at my list wrong the play that goes wrong($30) does not sweat, I had looked up the cheapest prices for after the shows open and unless I was looking in the wrong spot significant other was $49 and a dolls house was $60

&qu

• Riedel on new plays already in danger  Feb 10 2017, 11:31:59 AM

I'm surprised he didn't mention the actual amount of shows opening. From Feb to April it's like 20 shows that are opening, that's more then I remember in the past bunch of seasons. I try to see everything but I try to do it cheap since I generally don't care where I sit and most of the shows don't have reasonably priced tickets at the top of the theatre. Sweat and indecent are the only ones below 40 bucks.

• A BRONX TALE Reviews  Feb 9 2017, 12:00:10 AM

I saw this horrendous piece of garbage tonight. Easily in my top 5 most hated shows I've ever seen and I wish I walked out during intermission. Between the horrendous stereotypes and awful lyrics and songs I can't say I enjoyed one thing about this show. I went in not reading anything about it but once that second song with the Dad and C playing catch hit I knew it was gonna be a long night. 

Thankfully I grabbed a ticket from TDF for this and even then I still f

• Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson  Feb 8 2017, 01:04:24 AM

I went to the box office to get tickets for this today, the box office looks beautiful. Really looking forward to seeing the show but also checking out the theatre. 

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5/17  Feb 6 2017, 03:57:57 PM

BroadwayGuy12 said: "I continue to be impressed by A BRONX TALE's numbers. I wrote this show off at the beginning of the season, but clearly it's going to have more staying power than I had anticipated.

"

It must have great word of mouth because I know several people who live here that don't go to shows besides 1 or 2 a year and they have all seen it already.

It's barely been on TDF as well, this week was the first tim

• Oh Hello Rush  Jan 19 2017, 05:41:26 PM

I did this past Saturday and got there at 7 and was 10th on the line. I'd expect even more since it's the last weekend. I got tickets for the 2pm no problem but they labeled them as partial view, front row of the balcony. I had no issues seeing since most of the show doesn't take place on the edge of the stage anyway. 

By 8am the line was quite long already, I'm not sure if any of those people got tickets or not. 

• Celebs Who Have Smashed Broadway?  Jan 16 2017, 01:37:23 PM

I thought this was going to be a play about celebs who have insulted Broadway lol 

• Worth trying to change my Oh Hello ticket?  Jan 15 2017, 12:05:16 AM

I rushed the show today and was told the same thing about sitting up straight from the lady at the box office. It was side balcony front row and I had no issues seeing over it because most of the show is them in the middle of the stage anyway. My only complaint is the leg room is horrible, after an hour in I couldn't wait to stand up. The show was great though, just go enjoy it. 

• Oh Hello Rush  Jan 14 2017, 10:34:25 AM

Thanks for the info, I got the balcony front row obstructed view seats as well,  the lady at the box office told me to just sit up straight and its fine. 

I got there around 7am and was maybe 10th in line. I'm not sure how many tickets people in front of me were getting or for which show but I wanted the 2pm show and got it no problem. If you're going to try this next weekend I wouldn't get there much later then 7am cause once 8am rolled around the line was pretty

• Oh Hello Rush  Jan 14 2017, 08:25:33 AM

I know it varies per show but what number were you in line? How badly obstructed was the view? I think I have an ok shot this morning since there are 2 shows. 

• Oh Hello Rush  Jan 14 2017, 08:06:21 AM

Rush tickets are $59 now 

http://ohhellobroadway.com/tickets.php

If you aren't in line already I don't think you will get any. There are already 30 people in line. 

• Oh Hello rush  Jan 11 2017, 02:47:14 PM

JudyDenmark -  how did you end up doing today? 

• Oh Hello rush  Jan 10 2017, 03:15:29 PM

Please post how ya end up doing. I'm probably going to end up rushing this soon as well. 

• Broadway Week 2017  Jan 5 2017, 01:28:17 PM

I only had to enter that code for the ticketmaster shows, all the telecharge ones did it automatically when I clicked the links 

• Broadway Week 2017  Jan 5 2017, 01:13:52 PM

Dear Evan Hansen and Oh Hello are now updated to say sold out. 

• Broadway Week 2017  Jan 5 2017, 12:02:11 PM

You don't have to enter anything for the telecharge shows. Just click on the links for the show here and it should work, it did for me on mobile and a pc

http://www.nycgo.com/broadway-week

Not sure if you can use this but since you want to see Jitney if you or someone you know is 30 or younger you can sign up for the Manhattan theatre clubs 30 for 30 program, it's free and you only need 1 person to be 30

• Broadway Week 2017  Jan 5 2017, 11:42:33 AM

The telecharge website is even worse then normal with all the traffic. Dear Evan Hansen only had 3 eligible dates so that's probably why nothing is showing up. 

I did grab seats for great comet. They were 53 each in the rear mezzanine after fees. Normally these would be 79 each plus fees unless you go to the box office but I grabbed them because the cheapest tickets available are 59 each. I didn't want to spend a lot on this show but wanted to see Groban and didn&

• IN TRANSIT Previews  Dec 29 2016, 12:49:41 PM

I saw this last night and there were people in the standing room spots as well. 

I hated the cliches in this show as well. The whole Texas gun touting bible thumping nonsense was just as cringe worthy as the other situations I'm the show people mentioned here. I didn't hate it though, it was too laughably bad to really hate.