Profile for Broadway Joe
Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Broadway Joe
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Broadway Joe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Misery tickets  Sep 30 2015, 12:59:22 AM

I spent more than I normally spend for shows but I grabbed the 70 buck seats in the last row because I've sat up there before and the view is fine. 

• Bad Theater Behavior  Sep 17 2015, 06:30:22 AM

I must have better luck then the vast majority of you because thankfully almost every time I go to a show the crowd is well behaved and I go to a ton of shows. I just saw kinky boots, finding neverland and mamma Mia in the last two weeks and I had no issues with anyone around me. I also tend to only go on Tuesdays if I have  a choice.

• Did anyone else attempt the Hamilton Amex pre-sale today?  Sep 16 2015, 11:27:23 AM

macnyc said: "That's the side rear mezzanine, right? I think those went really fast!

Yes forgot to include that, I checked not that long ago and there will still plenty of 67 buck tickets available if that's what you are looking for. 

• Did anyone else attempt the Hamilton Amex pre-sale today?  Sep 16 2015, 11:01:27 AM

I was able to get front row side rear mezzanine for a show in July no problem today. They raised the 57 buck tickets to 67 bucks. That's all I was willing to pay for this show so I'm glad I was able to get a pair. 

• Mamma Mia!  Sep 8 2015, 03:23:57 PM

I'm finally seeing this tonight, I had been putting it off cause my interest isn't really there for it but since it's closing I figured I should finally go. 

• Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dead at 21  Aug 30 2015, 04:19:12 PM

Awful news, R.I.P. And condolences to his family and friends. 

• URINETOWN RETURNS OFF BROADWAY!  Aug 3 2015, 07:49:14 PM

I think they really messed up with the perks. They should have more that include tickets to the actual show. 1,000 bucks is the cheapest one that includes tickets. 

• Should There Be A Push for Recordings of Shows?  Aug 3 2015, 11:51:30 AM
    People would still absolutely go to shows. Look at every other live event, people are still going to sporting events and those are all live in HD. People are still heading out to the movies as well when it's a big movie.

Personally for myself as someone who tries to see everything on Broadway before it closes though I would most likely cut out 85 percent of the shows I go to if I had the option of watching in HD from my couch. The major reason for this is that I hate driving in or ta

• Stop dressing like crap!  Aug 2 2015, 04:38:03 AM

"I may be showing my age here, but, to me flip-flops and shorts are rude in the theater. I'm not suggesting tuxes and evening gowns, and I'm CERTAINLY not suggesting spending a lot of money. However, to me, wearing at least business casual clothing telegraphs to the actors, "I appreciate what you're doing for me." I see dressing for a business environment as opposed to Disneyland to be a form of silent applause."

Paying the prices for ti

• Stop dressing like crap!  Jul 29 2015, 05:57:20 PM

"There could be a whole separate thread on people who feel fine coming to the theatre with incredibly offensive BO. When you are going to be in close quarters with lots of people, please, please be conscious of how you smell."

In the same theme there are some people who also wear way too much cologone and perfume. 

• Stop dressing like crap!  Jul 29 2015, 05:55:11 PM

People use to get dressed up for sporting events as well and that no longer happens either. That's just how people use to go out. 

I get why people still dress up when they go especially if they are from out of town cause it's a special occasion but I usually see 40 to 50 shows a year and so many of the seats are so uncomfortable that if I had to be in uncomfortable clothes as well I probably wouldn't even go any more. I

• Stop dressing like crap!  Jul 29 2015, 11:14:05 AM

I agree about comfort being an issue. I don't like dressing up and I don't work in a field where I have to dress up either so I'm always more comfortable in a t-shirt and shorts or jeans. 

I find so many of the theatres to have such uncomfortable seats and leg room so I want to at least be in comfortable clothes especially if it's a long show. 

• Stop dressing like crap!  Jul 28 2015, 11:55:59 PM

I wish I could remember what theatre it was but last summer the older guy at the box office actually asked me "wore your nicest pair of shorts?"  I smiled and replied of course I did.  I found it quite amusing and I wasn't wearing ripped or dirty shorts or anything of that nature. 

• Stop dressing like crap!  Jul 28 2015, 08:32:05 PM

Only time I get dressed up is if it's opening night otherwise it's too hot for me, especially during the summer to be on the train in a suit. 

I also shut my phone off and don't interrupt the show or bother anyone around me. 

• Digital Lotteries...the new thing?  Jul 17 2015, 03:42:08 PM

I love digital lotteries. Don't have to waste time standing around the theatre just to lose lol 

Plus while I live in NYC I'm not that close to the theatre district so heading there just to hopefully win a lotto isn't worth my time or money. 

• Are in-person lotteries déclassé?  Jul 7 2015, 10:44:50 AM

I won the fun home lotto after someone else decided to not accept the tickets. They called me a little after 6pm for an 8pm show. 

I do agree that they should charge you right away if you win so people just don't win and then not show up to claim the tickets. 

I do prefer the digital lottos though because I'm in the outer broughs of NYC and it takes me some time to get into the city. I would never go in just to try to win an in person lotto. 

• James Bond musical  Jul 3 2015, 12:07:16 PM

I'm really interested to see how this would work...

• Shoulda Been You: Closing August 9  Jul 1 2015, 09:12:43 AM

"Good riddance to a hackneyed, cliché-ridden, moronic, cheaply-produced mediocrity.
    Good luck to the cast and creative team on their next projects."

Gotta agree here. I really didn't enjoy this show at all. 

• Fun Home lottery  Jun 20 2015, 08:26:00 PM

The lotto is digital only. There isn't one at the theatre. 

I entered about 30 times for 2 tickets. Also I didn't even really win at the first shot. Someone must have not accepted the tickets when they won and I got a call about 2 hours before the show started asking if I still wanted tickets. So just keep an eye on your phone when you enter too. The seats were amazing though. Front row. Just keep trying and you should win eventually. 

• The Visit final performance  Jun 14 2015, 08:49:16 PM

I went into this show not knowing anything about it and it turned out to be one of my favorite shows of the past year. I rarely leave a musical with a song stuck in my head but Ive been humming some of the songs from this show still and I saw it over a month ago. It's a shame it couldn't last longer.