Profile for Broadway Joe

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Broadway Joe
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Broadway Joe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Ticketmaster resale is this legal?  Nov 26 2015, 10:44:35 AM

No one is forcing you to pay those prices for tickets. I had waited for the next block of tickets to go on sale and was able to get the cheapest ticket price through the Amex pre-sale for the show and I'm seeing it in like July or August now. I forgot when. Just keep an eye out for when the next block of tickets goes on sale. The box office actually told me when they were going on sale.

It's the hottest show right now, being sold out till may isn't really that hard to believ

• Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread  Nov 26 2015, 10:08:36 AM

musicaltheatrechick said: "Did School of Rock perform already? 

Not yet 

• Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread  Nov 26 2015, 09:13:15 AM

On your feet made me never want to see the show. 

• Bruce Willis Matinee Stage Door  Nov 26 2015, 07:37:04 AM

Just make sure you are on the rail to the right of the stage door if you are facing it from the street. That's the main side that he will sign. 

• Very moving play experiences  Nov 19 2015, 11:34:18 PM

I've never heard so many people quietly  crying before the way I did at the normal heart. It really was quite the experience. 

Another one for me was death of a salesman from a few years ago. 

• MISERY Reviews  Nov 18 2015, 08:46:57 AM

He signed for maybe 2 to 3 minutes after the show last night but he mainly signed for the guard rail to the right of the stage door if you are facing it from the street. I was on the other side but he only came over to that side because his security told him there was a man in a wheelchair so he came over and took a picture with him and then signed a few of my sides playbills.

• security for audiences?  Nov 16 2015, 07:39:35 PM

The recently renamed playstation theater ( best buy and Nokia before it) which is a concert venue right on 44th Street gives pretty through patdowns. Most concert venues of this size and smaller in the city do patdowns though. 

• KING CHARLES III Previews  Nov 5 2015, 06:00:07 PM

jayinchelsea said: "Sorry to be in the minority, but was mostly unimpressed. Act One nearly had me dozing; Act Two was better and livelier, but this still struck me as another king-and-country, do your best for England soap opera. Perhaps you needed to care more about British politics. Never quite decided if it was a comedy or a drama, so never seemed to be much of either. Piggott-Smith was good, but can see why he lost the Olivier to a better, more interesting actor. As for the play

• General reminder: Hamilton ticket scams  Oct 28 2015, 08:52:57 AM

Scalping isn't illegal in most states, especially NY. 

• Misery tickets  Sep 30 2015, 12:59:22 AM

I spent more than I normally spend for shows but I grabbed the 70 buck seats in the last row because I've sat up there before and the view is fine. 

• Bad Theater Behavior  Sep 17 2015, 06:30:22 AM

I must have better luck then the vast majority of you because thankfully almost every time I go to a show the crowd is well behaved and I go to a ton of shows. I just saw kinky boots, finding neverland and mamma Mia in the last two weeks and I had no issues with anyone around me. I also tend to only go on Tuesdays if I have  a choice.

• Did anyone else attempt the Hamilton Amex pre-sale today?  Sep 16 2015, 11:27:23 AM

macnyc said: "That's the side rear mezzanine, right? I think those went really fast!

Yes forgot to include that, I checked not that long ago and there will still plenty of 67 buck tickets available if that's what you are looking for. 

• Did anyone else attempt the Hamilton Amex pre-sale today?  Sep 16 2015, 11:01:27 AM

I was able to get front row side rear mezzanine for a show in July no problem today. They raised the 57 buck tickets to 67 bucks. That's all I was willing to pay for this show so I'm glad I was able to get a pair. 

• Mamma Mia!  Sep 8 2015, 03:23:57 PM

I'm finally seeing this tonight, I had been putting it off cause my interest isn't really there for it but since it's closing I figured I should finally go. 

• Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dead at 21  Aug 30 2015, 04:19:12 PM

Awful news, R.I.P. And condolences to his family and friends. 

• URINETOWN RETURNS OFF BROADWAY!  Aug 3 2015, 07:49:14 PM

I think they really messed up with the perks. They should have more that include tickets to the actual show. 1,000 bucks is the cheapest one that includes tickets. 

• Should There Be A Push for Recordings of Shows?  Aug 3 2015, 11:51:30 AM
    People would still absolutely go to shows. Look at every other live event, people are still going to sporting events and those are all live in HD. People are still heading out to the movies as well when it's a big movie.

Personally for myself as someone who tries to see everything on Broadway before it closes though I would most likely cut out 85 percent of the shows I go to if I had the option of watching in HD from my couch. The major reason for this is that I hate driving in or ta

• Stop dressing like crap!  Aug 2 2015, 04:38:03 AM

"I may be showing my age here, but, to me flip-flops and shorts are rude in the theater. I'm not suggesting tuxes and evening gowns, and I'm CERTAINLY not suggesting spending a lot of money. However, to me, wearing at least business casual clothing telegraphs to the actors, "I appreciate what you're doing for me." I see dressing for a business environment as opposed to Disneyland to be a form of silent applause."

Paying the prices for ti

• Stop dressing like crap!  Jul 29 2015, 05:57:20 PM

"There could be a whole separate thread on people who feel fine coming to the theatre with incredibly offensive BO. When you are going to be in close quarters with lots of people, please, please be conscious of how you smell."

In the same theme there are some people who also wear way too much cologone and perfume. 

• Stop dressing like crap!  Jul 29 2015, 05:55:11 PM

People use to get dressed up for sporting events as well and that no longer happens either. That's just how people use to go out. 

I get why people still dress up when they go especially if they are from out of town cause it's a special occasion but I usually see 40 to 50 shows a year and so many of the seats are so uncomfortable that if I had to be in uncomfortable clothes as well I probably wouldn't even go any more. I

Advertisement Advertisement