Profile for Broadway Joe

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld Broadway Joe
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Broadway Joe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Do You Remember Your First Time?  Jun 30 2017, 07:45:46 PM

Mine was the civil war, my mom got us tickets at the seaport tkts booth. I don't remember much about it but I'm sure I have the playbill somewhere. I didn't start seeing shows on a regular basis until 2010 though even though I've lived here all my life. 

• The Official TDF Thread  Jun 26 2017, 06:50:56 PM

BroadwayBeebe said: "Has anyone seen Miss Saigon through TDF? It says all seats in Rear Mezz and I want to know if that's really the case.

"

I had rear side Orchestra, great seats and show. I saw it some time last month. 

• TDF - War Paint  Jun 23 2017, 12:10:48 PM

The lottery seems like it's pretty easy to win as well, I won it on my first try. 

• Indecent Lives  Jun 23 2017, 10:06:30 AM

Were tickets already sold for this block of dates? If so did people get refunded already and now have to purchase them again? 

• Broadway 2017-2018 Season Preview: Which most interests you?  Jun 18 2017, 12:10:14 PM

The Minutes, I really enjoy most of Tracy Letts work so I'm really looking forward to this one. 

• Protest at tonight's performance of Julius Caesar  Jun 17 2017, 01:21:45 AM

leighmiserables said: "A new development: Andrew Kober (who was in the Hair Revival, Les Mis, She Loves Me, SITPWG..) got one of the disrupters to agree to debate with him on periscope next week. I doubt it'll happen, but if it does it'll be interesting to see. I follow Andrew on twitter and he's an incredibly intelligent/polite/fair person, and has been defending the production for a while now. I doubt he'll be able to actually change anyone's mindset, but it'

• Protest at tonight's performance of Julius Caesar  Jun 16 2017, 10:39:04 PM

Well that was boring. Was at least looking forward to seeing security tackle someone. 

• Willing to get standing room for DEH 06/17  Jun 16 2017, 10:23:32 PM

10086Sundays said: "Broadway Joe said: "What's with so many new posters signing up to post stuff like this. I really don't ever remember there being this much of it. "

I think it's a natural progression from the Hamilton cancellation line thread where folks started working together for tickets instead of going through line sitters.  Now the craze has moved on to DEH. Pre-Tonys people were in one thr

• Willing to get standing room for DEH 06/17  Jun 16 2017, 05:33:06 PM

What's with so many new posters signing up to post stuff like this. I really don't ever remember there being this much of it. 

• Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017  Jun 16 2017, 01:56:25 PM

Question for those like Whizzer and anyone else who sees everything on Broadway, do you bother to go see stuff like this? I've been trying to see everything but I always skip these types of things and the one person shows like Tyson and Moore unless it's someone I actually wanna see. 

• Indecent Closing  Jun 14 2017, 03:51:55 PM

How about we blame ridiculous ticket prices for a 1 act show with basically no set or major stars. I understand thats not how we should exactly base ticket prices for shows because theatres are expensive to rent but I still think it's a major factor, especially for plays.

I saw the show through TDF but not everyone has access to that but I would have never paid 99-139 bucks to see this show. 

• Indecent Closing  Jun 14 2017, 03:41:49 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "She's blaming straight white men for the failure of her commercial theatrical production in a dense season? Really?

"

I'm a straight white male and I paid money to see the show. I thought it was a rather boring night at the theatre but I guess I can blame my race, gender and sexuality as to why I thought that lol

• Riedel on shows closing from the Tony fallout  Jun 13 2017, 11:24:36 PM

"One insider called it “sort of a ‘Fiddler on the Roof’ on steroids." 

Lol he must read these message boards cause several posters here made that comparison 

• SWEAT Final Broadway Performance 6/25!  Jun 13 2017, 10:47:51 PM

Geez there's barely any plays that can stay open. I haven't seen this one yet, I tried seeing it before the Tony awards but just didn't have time. Going to definitely see it before it closes. 

• Indecent Closing  Jun 13 2017, 10:22:31 PM

Can't say I'm surprised about this one either. I thought this show was rather meh and I would have probably left early if there was an intermission. 

• NAPOLI, BROOKLYN  Jun 13 2017, 09:55:11 PM

I've been curious about this, even did a search here and couldn't find anything. I might end up seeing it soon anyway since I've seen basically everything currently on Broadway. 

• The Official TDF Thread  Jun 13 2017, 09:49:06 PM

newsie20841 said: "Does anyone have experience with TDF seats for Sunset Boulevard?  

"

I saw it recently, towards the back of the orchestra but the view is still great. 

• Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room  Jun 13 2017, 01:55:35 PM

theatergirl152 said: "Do you think if I lined up at 5am or 6am tomorrow I could get SRO tickets for tomorrow night? I don't live close enough to theater to know what the line is like at different hours

"

Highly unlikely 

• SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION CLOSING EARLY!  Jun 13 2017, 01:53:27 PM

I went to opening night and thought it was a terrible waste of time. I still don't understand why Corey Hawkins got a Tony nomination for this either when there were much better performances this season. 

• No Post Tony Closing Annoucements?  Jun 13 2017, 10:32:00 AM

DottieD'Luscia said: "Darn. I was planning on seeing this when I'll be in town at the end of the month.

"

You're not missing anything worth seeing.