BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for Broadway Joe
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: Broadway Joe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • James Bond musical  Jul 3 2015, 12:07:16 PM

I'm really interested to see how this would work... 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/03/james-bond-broadway-musical-in-the-works

• Shoulda Been You: Closing August 9  Jul 1 2015, 09:12:43 AM

"Good riddance to a hackneyed, cliché-ridden, moronic, cheaply-produced mediocrity.
    Good luck to the cast and creative team on their next projects."

Gotta agree here. I really didn't enjoy this show at all. 

• Fun Home lottery  Jun 20 2015, 08:26:00 PM

The lotto is digital only. There isn't one at the theatre. 

I entered about 30 times for 2 tickets. Also I didn't even really win at the first shot. Someone must have not accepted the tickets when they won and I got a call about 2 hours before the show started asking if I still wanted tickets. So just keep an eye on your phone when you enter too. The seats were amazing though. Front row. Just keep trying and you should win eventually. 

• The Visit final performance  Jun 14 2015, 08:49:16 PM

I went into this show not knowing anything about it and it turned out to be one of my favorite shows of the past year. I rarely leave a musical with a song stuck in my head but Ive been humming some of the songs from this show still and I saw it over a month ago. It's a shame it couldn't last longer. 

• Favourite theatre district restaurant?  Jun 13 2015, 02:31:16 PM

"I tried BEA'S a few weeks ago, noisy, but upbeat, creative.  Very yummy."

I went there this week before seeing disenchanted. I enjoyed the food there, I got a grilled chicken ceaser salad and my girlfriend got a personal sized pizza. Nice atmosphere there too with the old movies being played on the walls. I would go back. 

• The Official 2015 Tony Awards Viewing Party Thread  Jun 7 2015, 11:25:50 PM

Overall I really enjoyed this years show. Only disappoint for me was hand to God not winning anything and no live appearance from tyrone which I thought would have made a great segment. 

• The Official 2015 Tony Awards Viewing Party Thread  Jun 7 2015, 10:33:39 PM

What a shame hand to god got shut out. 

• The Official 2015 Tony Awards Viewing Party Thread  Jun 7 2015, 09:59:36 PM

Disappointed curious won over hand to god. I couldn't stand curious when I saw it. 

• The Official 2015 Tony Awards Viewing Party Thread  Jun 7 2015, 12:34:15 PM

my girlfriend knew Hand to God was my favorite show of the past year so in honor of rooting for them tonight she made a Tyrone cake! and of course it's a devils food cake inside!

"Your's is a more valid reason than watching a make believe TV show. Oops I broke the spell saying it is make believe.
    Good luck at the graduation."

Damn and all along I thought dragons were real. Thanks for ruining it. 

• Times Square Scams  May 29 2015, 12:59:48 AM

I find the comedy ticket people to be the most annoying, especially because the majority of them aren't funny when they try to say clever things to people walking by. 

The money for the homeless collectors were also a big scam for awhile. 

• Ghost Brothers of Darkland County Tour - Anyone going?  Nov 24 2014, 06:45:20 PM
    I just bought a fantastic seat for next to nothing. I'm excited because King is my favorite writer.
  • Going to Shows Alone?  Oct 30 2014, 07:47:37 AM
    I use to go alone the majority of the time except for the rare show a friend or family member would like to see. My current girlfriend is really into going though so it has been nice to be able to go with someone the majority of the time. I live in NYC but it takes me about an hour from where I am to actually get to the theatre district so I find that travelling with someone is usually nicer but there are some shows she doesn't have any interest in so I just throw on a pair of headphones when I
  • Looking for bus trips to shows  Oct 25 2014, 12:23:58 PM
    I would look into flights first. If you can get something reasonable it's well worth the money. I was on a greyhound for about 7 hours once when my connecting flight got cancelled because of snow and no rental cars were available so they gave us a free greyhound bus ticket. By far the most mmiserable traveling experience I've ever had was being on that bus. Never again.
  • IT'S ONLY A PLAY Rush  Oct 23 2014, 10:51:05 AM
    I'm curious too. I'm gonna just give it a shot one day but I would like to know if anyone has given it a shot.
  • Has anyone won the Today Tix mobile lottery for On The Town?  Oct 18 2014, 04:56:50 PM
    I haven't entered yet but I wish more shows with lottos did it this way.
  • Curious Incident rush price raised  Oct 9 2014, 01:32:19 AM
    Thanks for posting this. I went and grabbed some 27 buck seats this afternoon in case they decide to raise those next.
  • Last Ship: Free Tickets?  Oct 6 2014, 12:38:02 PM
    Lol
  • THIS IS OUR YOUTH Reviews  Sep 17 2014, 01:11:34 AM
    "Is there any worse criticism in the history of narrative art than "the characters are unlikeable"?"

For me the characters of Warren and the girl were so unlikable in that I didn't care what happened to them, good or bad, I just wanted them off the stage so I didn't have to listen to them.
  • First show seen on broadway?  Sep 16 2014, 02:54:25 PM
    The Civil War in 1999, I don't really remember much about it but from posts I've read on here that is probably a good thing lol

BROADWAYWORLD TV