BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for kidbroadway2
Edit Your Profile |

Member Name: kidbroadway2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • So... Kristen Chenoweth really should have won the Tony for Wicked (not Idina)  Jun 25 2014, 08:09:29 PM
    Rewatched some youtube clips, and Kristen's acting is simply phenomenal and really defined who that character was. Don't think anyone has done it better.

Love Idina, but honestly Kristen deserved that leading actress Tony. I think with the "Defying Gravity" song and Kristen winning the Tony was the reason she won.
  • Jersey Boys movie  Jun 22 2014, 01:38:24 PM
    This show should have been directed by literally anyone else who would have focused on making this a glorified music video.

Also shocked that the PR team didn't have the 4 of them on every morning show/late show SINGING the songs from the show. That would have been a major reason for a lot of people (including me) to go out and see it.

Will still def. check this out at some point, but very disappointing and another strike against Hollywood making any future broa
  • WIll James Franco sign?  May 2 2014, 09:14:28 PM
    He actually does come out in between shows, although he doesn't sign for everyone. The crowds are packed!
  • Mickey Rooney has passed away at 93  Apr 7 2014, 02:01:48 AM
    My first thought was remembering he portrayed one of the most offensive racist caricatures I've ever seen on film in Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Truly disgusting.

But besides that I guess he entertained people so...
  • A Raisin in the Sun Previews  Mar 12 2014, 09:29:16 PM
    Can't wait to see this!
  • Macbeth Starts tonight  Nov 22 2013, 12:44:39 AM
    Wow, That NYT Review was NOT good
  • Michael Riedel on  Oct 21 2013, 02:55:23 AM
    The bottom line is that the story needed work, and the songs were very mediocre.

• BREAKING: Denzel Washington confirms RAISIN IN THE SUN REVIVAL  Jul 30 2013, 04:43:28 PM
    Unbelievable that people are complaining about Denzel not being right for the part or not picking some other play to do.

I'm just happy I'll get to see one of my favorite film actors and a very good stage actor come back to Bway.
  • Pitch Perfect on Broadway?  Jul 28 2013, 05:02:38 PM
    "If they copied the Bring it On style, don't you think it's more likely that it would flop like Bring it On did?"

Bring It On's audience was aiming for the tween girl audience.

Pitch Perfect hits pretty much all the demographics including guys.
  • Pitch Perfect on Broadway?  Jul 27 2013, 07:02:11 PM
    From a career standpoint, it makes zero sense for Skylar Astin to come back to Broadway to be the 3rd or 4th lead in a show he already did.

But yeah it would sell incredibly on broadway. Just copy paste the Bring It On style and it'd be a sure hit.
  • Clint Eastwood wants former Jersey Boys to star in movie version  Jun 11 2013, 01:58:56 PM
    http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/clint-eastwood-eyes-stage-talent-for-jersey-boys-movie-at-warner-bros/

"EXCLUSIVE: Don’t be surprised if Clint Eastwood is asked to host next year’s Tony Awards; he’s positioning himself to be that popular with the legit crowd. Eastwood is prepping to direct the movie version of Jersey Boys for Warner Bros. Instead of the Holl
  • Lucky Guy Previews Begin Tonight!!  Mar 2 2013, 05:44:55 PM
    I once ate at a restaurant that Tom Hanks was eating at. In fact, we both had the same soup.

I think I'll be seeing this one.

• Reidel on Motown  Feb 7 2013, 12:29:06 PM
    All they really need is 1 or 2 big showcase numbers that they can perform at talk shows and the show will be good to go.
  • Reidel on Motown  Feb 6 2013, 10:31:02 AM
    I'm guessing the part about Gordy scamming most of his early artists with faulty contracts will be taken out.

• Richest Broadway Star  Dec 31 2012, 06:14:15 PM
    Donald Trump played 1 performance in One Man, Two Guvnors so I believe he is the richest Broadway Star ever.
  • Cuba Gooding Jr., Vanessa Williams, Condola Rashad Join Cast of THE TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL  Dec 20 2012, 05:46:28 PM
    Has Cuba ever done any stage before? Very interesting cast.
  • John Lloyd Young Returning To JOISEY BOYS 1/11/13  Dec 19 2012, 09:35:40 PM
    Oh Kad.
  • John Lloyd Young Returning To JOISEY BOYS 1/11/13  Dec 19 2012, 08:14:46 PM
    So other than one Show People interview, we all just assume that JLY is difficult to work with? Guess it's just like the Lea Michele thread with a ton of inferences/gossip and little actual specifics.
  • Breaking News: EVITA to Close on January 26th Instead of Recasting  Dec 11 2012, 07:34:58 PM
    "Don't bother with ucjrdude902. He teases information, then when asked for any hints, you get a "Why would I share that with you?" response. "

Probably the worst part of these boards.
  • Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway  Dec 11 2012, 04:25:16 PM
    Shia Laebouf did some good work in his earlier stuff after that disney show. Holes, Greatest Game ever played, Bobby etc... but Transformers ruined all of that for him. I can def. see him getting "he's trying his absolute best" type reviews but nothing that noteworthy. Who knows, maybe he'll surprise me. He had a lot of potential before he made everyone realize he was a complete jackass.

BROADWAYWORLD TV