BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for newintown
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: newintown
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s): A Catered Affair
A Little Night Music
Avenue Q
Chicago
Company
Follies
Grand Hotel
Grey Gardens
Grind
Kismet
Lady in the Dark
Nine
Pippin
Promises, Promises
Street Scene
Sunday in the Park with George
Sweet Charity
The Drowsy Chaperone
The Light in the Piazza
The Mystery of Edwin Drood
Titanic

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • New Version of Oklahoma?  Jul 6 2015, 05:34:04 PM

It’s the best! It’s the first! It’s the finest! It’s the latest! It’s the least! It’s the worst! It’s the absolutely lowest! It’s the greatest! It’s the single! It’s the only! It’s the perfect! It’s the – Hi!

• AMAZING GRACE Previews  Jul 1 2015, 11:52:54 AM

The three listed producers are all total commercial newbs, although one ran the little Lamb's Theatre for some years. I doubt that they have savvy financing ability to keep this going if it doesn't get (unexpected) raves, with no names and no buzz. It'll probably have a shorter run than Scandalous, after which they'll try to market it to Christian and church-oriented theatre groups (if such things exist).

• Encores! Little Shop of Horrors Review Thread  Jul 1 2015, 09:38:46 AM

Not to mention she's been "returning" to the role over and over again in the last 30 years. This is hardly a long-awaited first-time-ever.

• Shoulda Been You: Closing August 9  Jul 1 2015, 07:37:59 AM

Good riddance to a hackneyed, cliché-ridden, moronic, cheaply-produced mediocrity.

Good luck to the cast and creative team on their next projects.

• Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!  Jul 1 2015, 07:33:21 AM

"That's why it's called "acting". He's an actor -- he'll act younger."

Yeah! Katharine Cornell acted younger when she played Juliet at 42, Candida at 53, and Cleopatra at 54. (Or so I hear...)

• Dames at Sea Casting  Jun 29 2015, 04:19:38 PM

Unlike the shows mentioned in this thread, Dames At Sea is a spoof, more like an intentionally low-budget The Boyfriend than anything else.

It has a terrific score, usually done by 2 pianos and percussion (although the cast recording has terrific orchestrations by Tunick, these would drown out the small cast), and it really ought to be done by a cast of 6, or there's no joke, and therefore nothing to the show. It wouldn't hold up without the spoof aspect.

• Are Previews Bad?  Jun 29 2015, 11:18:09 AM

It's true that Something Rotten cancelled its Seattle production, but it had undergone a full workshop production and many readings/working sessions (as did Book of Mormon, which had several workshops prior to opening on Broadway).

Granted, it's not the same as an open-to-the public productions, but its also not opening entirely cold.

• Are Previews Bad?  Jun 29 2015, 09:55:21 AM

I find that the best time to see a show is the week that the critics come; there's still the early-in-the-process excitement among the cast, and the audience has a greater percentage of sophisticated viewers.

On the drawback side, that week can often draw the annoying shill-type audience, who make a vocal spectacle of themselves, whooping before songs have finished, etc. They almost always sit or stand in the back of the orchestra.

But the show is often in as good a shap

• AMAZING GRACE Previews  Jun 29 2015, 08:24:48 AM

I had the opportunity to read through the script and score to this piece late last summer prior to the Chicago run. All I could think was that it was utterly amateur and inept; like (but even worse than) those Paul Gordon/Jane Austen things - dull, humorless, solemn, bombastic.

Still, there are a few people who like those Paul Gordon things, and there will be a few who like this thing. I doubt that anyone who disagrees with these poor souls is, as this lynn2 said earlier, trying to

• Marie Christine  Jun 26 2015, 08:56:49 AM

Interesting score musically, although I find it be rather overwrought, heavy-handed, obvious and humorless most of the time.

The show itself (for me), in both workshops and the final LC product, was a real chore to sit through.

The lyrics/text added nothing significantly interesting to the Medea tale (other than setting it in late-19th-century Creole/voodoo New Orleans), and I found myself growing increasingly impatient for the infanticide to happen so I could get out of

• Shows You Are Looking Forward To  Jun 25 2015, 09:21:51 AM

Hamilton
    King Charles III
    The Legend of Georgia McBride
    A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Gynecologic Oncology Unit at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center of New York City
    Perfect Arrangement
    Old Hats
    Ripcord
    Our Mother's Brief Affair
    Important Hats of the Twentieth Century

• Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?  Jun 24 2015, 04:55:55 PM

I admit to being skeptical.

The raison d'être of this thread is people's opinions of Chenoweth. Her actions (including whether or not she has elected to undergo plastic surgery) are significant factors that influence people's opinions of her (or of any individual, for that matter).

• Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?  Jun 24 2015, 04:36:26 PM

"Because those that do are so damned perfect that they have nothing better to do than to come on an internet message board and tear someone else down."

Or maybe plastic surgery is what some call "a topic of conversation."

And maybe if you keep saying that it shouldn't be discussed, everyone in the world will stop discussing it.

Maybe.

• Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?  Jun 24 2015, 03:57:36 PM

Using a styled, manipulated publicity photo to say "she looks good!" is like saying Caitlyn Jenner rolls out of bed every morning looking exactly like the cover of Vanity Fair.

• Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?  Jun 24 2015, 02:03:57 PM

Try "Kristin Chenoweth" and "surgery."

• Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?  Jun 24 2015, 01:26:38 PM

Lotsa Latisse.

• Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?  Jun 24 2015, 01:16:45 PM

There's stuff like this out there. Note: posted without comment.

Face 2

• Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?  Jun 24 2015, 10:37:23 AM

No, I can't say it has. I still think she's wonderfully talented and rather desperate for bigger fame and success.

• Movie adaptations of plays that starred the original actors  Jun 24 2015, 07:25:24 AM

It looks like you mean just some (or even only one) of the original actors. If so, Born Yesterday can be added (and many more).

• Michael Riedel:  Jun 23 2015, 04:44:08 PM

It might be ... interesting to see the Countess Aurelia played as a truck driver with no vibrato.

BROADWAYWORLD TV