BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for SonofRobbieJ
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: SonofRobbieJ
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Terrifying Wizard of Oz Promo  May 22 2015, 02:40:33 PM

^ Are they normally concert stagings?

And do the trailers always have a Wes Craven feel?  Cause THAT'S the Sound of Music I wanna see!

• Terrifying Wizard of Oz Promo  May 22 2015, 02:27:33 PM

Oh...I'm just being snarky.  It doesn't bother me.  

• Terrifying Wizard of Oz Promo  May 22 2015, 02:09:33 PM

Praise Him.  

• Terrifying Wizard of Oz Promo  May 22 2015, 02:03:11 PM

Is this a retirement community production?  Because Ms. Degarmo is...not the right age.  

• re: FLEET WEEK's Rob Maitner wins 2005 Summer Theatre Festival Citations Aw  May 21 2015, 11:05:57 AM

"Who would've thought that ten years later, I would finally meet Robbie at the Duplex?

...a lot of people, probably."

Right?  Like destiny.

I do need to do a full-blown musical soon.  I feel like I may, in fact, be ideally suited for a revival of SAIL AWAY.  

And before you come at me, I have an uncle we call Mimi.  So...

• re: FLEET WEEK's Rob Maitner wins 2005 Summer Theatre Festival Citations Aw  May 21 2015, 09:54:07 AM

Holy balls!  This was a looooong time ago!  I forgot the iflit story about pulling out the condom while meeting with the minister!

The most gratifying thing about seeing this post is realizing that the people who created FLEET WEEK are people I'm still working with to this day.

• Ana Gasteyer, Dan Fogler, Aaron Lazar in A NEW BRAIN  May 19 2015, 04:52:11 PM

"Not gonna lie, I'd kill to hear you sing "And They're Off"."

That's my go-to for auditions.  I'm not terrible at it.  

• Ana Gasteyer, Dan Fogler, Aaron Lazar in A NEW BRAIN  May 19 2015, 04:29:19 PM

Ya know...for a show I love so much due to the cast recording, it's weird I've never sought out the script.  I mean...there's like three songs from this show in my audition book.  I'm a terrible actor.  

• Ana Gasteyer, Dan Fogler, Aaron Lazar in A NEW BRAIN  May 19 2015, 04:20:31 PM

And perhaps a younger mother is really what's called for with this show.  I'm terribly excited.  I was in LA doing a gig when this ran off-Broadway in '98...so I've never seen it on stage.  I'm so excited to be remedying that in June!

• Ana Gasteyer, Dan Fogler, Aaron Lazar in A NEW BRAIN  May 19 2015, 04:14:11 PM

Am I wrong on Ana Gasteyer's age, or is she a titch young to have mothered Jonathan Groff?

I still cannot wait!

• HELP: That Liza video where she freaks out when Chita comes out  May 14 2015, 11:03:11 AM

Good heavens is Chita very titty in that clip.

Atta girl.  

• An Open Letter To All Posters on This Board  May 5 2015, 10:46:08 AM

'But. Isn't this board a place for those of us who go to the theater, in NYC and elsewhere, to discuss what we've seen, compare to other shows, maybe try to be witty in our assessments, and agree to disagree sometimes

It certainly is.  But I think this is a good reminder to perhaps reflect on how we discuss shows.  I know, in my 12 years posting on this board (JESUS!) that I've come to regret how I've spoken on shows and performers.  A number of years a

• John Cameron Mitchell to receive Special Tony Award!!  Apr 27 2015, 05:23:31 PM

And don't forget Liza and Bette both winning special Tonys the year of my birth for 'for adding lustre to the Broadway season.'  

• John Cameron Mitchell to receive Special Tony Award!!  Apr 27 2015, 04:55:53 PM

"How about Harvey for his work in and with La Cage, or Claudia Shear for her work in and with Dirty Blonde?"

You mean Harvey Fierstein who won a Tony for his book for La Cage?

Or Claudia Shear who was nominated for both her script of and performance in Dirty Blonde?

HEDWIG was deemed a revival which means JCM's actual work on the piece was never considered for a Tony...a fact that has now been rectified by

• John Cameron Mitchell to receive Special Tony Award!!  Apr 27 2015, 04:22:31 PM

Phil Bosco won a Tony for Lend Me a Tenor.

Paul Huntley was given an honorary Tony in 2003.

Now...John McMartin is someone that should have an honorary Tony.

But, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, last year it was decided that the creators of what wins Best Revival would also be honored with the Revival Tony...probably due to the fact that HEDWIG was the best book and score on Broadway last year, but Trask and JCM were deemed ineligible due to the fact

• Drama Desk nominations will be announced today  Apr 23 2015, 02:55:41 PM

I was gonna call bullsh*t on a bunch of these, but then saw a dear friend and colleague has gotten his first nomination as director, so I'm just gonna go ahead and celebrate that!

• Team Madonna vs. Team Lin-Manuel  Apr 20 2015, 04:24:02 PM

'Not to mention the terror of a guest's credit card not going through.'

Don't call me out, bitch!!!  (That actually happened on Saturday night...they switched two numbers on my card...I felt so poor!)

• Jake Gyllenhaal as Seymour  Apr 14 2015, 04:10:28 PM

Except Kerry Butler, who was doing... something. 

Truer words.  I don't necessarily blame her...and I think it might have been fascinating to see what might have happened if she did a variation on Penny Pingleton, but that is not what happened.  

• Jake Gyllenhaal as Seymour  Apr 14 2015, 03:00:57 PM

To be fair, the show is only typically a cast of 8, 4 of which are usually people of color (one, of course, being offstage). For a musical, that's... actually a good percentage.

Oh...I know that it's my own weird thing.  I always thought the easiest way to break out of the Ellen Greene mode was to hire an actress of color.  Cause if I see one more goddamned Ellen Greene impression, I'm gonna dickkick myself.  

• Jake Gyllenhaal as Seymour  Apr 14 2015, 02:40:02 PM

I haven't, Kad!  Imma hunt that down now. 

And yes...Chuck Cooper is marvelous news!  As the offstage person of color.

I don't know why I find Little Shop cast with all white people in the principal parts disagreeable, but I do.  

BROADWAYWORLD TV