BroadwayWorld.com
Profile for SonofRobbieJ
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: SonofRobbieJ
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: - - -
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • A NEW BRAIN  Jun 25 2015, 10:13:56 AM

I've loved the score since it came out, but I was doing a show in Los Angeles when it was playing in NYC, so I've never gotten a chance to see a production.  That all changes on Friday.

The run time is about 1:45 ? I'm charged with getting a dinner reservation after the show, so help a brother out!

• Songs That Won Their Performers Tonys  Jun 23 2015, 10:53:41 AM

I profoundly disagree with most of the suggestions in this thread.  Finnernan was delightful in the song 'A Fact Can Be a Beautiful Thing,' but nearly every word uttered from her mouth brought the house down.  The owl impression is something I remember more than the number.  The role may have been small, but from her entrance to her exit, she walked away with the show.  

After 'Call From the Vatican,' I knew that Krakowski had it in the bag...but still, the mome

• Bruce Willis & Elizabeth Marvel Are Headed to Broadway in MISERY!  Jun 23 2015, 10:45:37 AM

Oh.  Oh my.  Oh my word, this is going to be unmissable.  

• Dramas In Need Of A Revival  Jun 11 2015, 12:19:44 PM

Just seeing the word FESTEN is causing my eye to twitch.  Though I do wish Jeremy Sisto would come back to the stage.

I'd always like to see a top notch BOYS IN THE BAND.  

• Dramas In Need Of A Revival  Jun 11 2015, 11:23:16 AM

Member of the Wedding with Sydney Lucas and Viola Davis would be unmissable.  

I also second Six Degrees of Separation...with Annette Bening.  

• Ring of keys  Jun 10 2015, 03:54:12 PM

Meet me at Crunch!  It's relieves so much tension!

• Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?  Jun 10 2015, 03:31:25 PM

That sounds like more fun than it has a right to be!

• Ring of keys  Jun 10 2015, 03:16:56 PM

I clicked the imaginary 'like' button, Kad.  

• Ring of keys  Jun 10 2015, 02:36:25 PM

dramamama's point about a purse is probably the single best explanation you'll get.  If that's not enough for you, nothing will ever be enough for you.

Apropos of nothing (and, really, it's probably inapropos) I was taking a steam at the gym at lunch and a hot, husky Latino guy came in holding...a ring of keys.  I started giggling, felt really lez and then left cause you all ruined the moment for me.  

• Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?  Jun 10 2015, 02:30:58 PM

Ooooh, gurls...count me in.  Mama needs a puff!

• Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?  Jun 9 2015, 12:45:18 PM

I'm still devastated you announced being from New Jersey.  My home state has been through enough.  

• Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?  Jun 9 2015, 12:41:42 PM

They let the blacks in???  

• Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?  Jun 9 2015, 12:31:54 PM

I hear the Latino actors in FUN HOME may have to quit cause they can't afford to be in it.  

• Ring of keys  Jun 9 2015, 12:30:41 PM

I stood on the stage of the theater where FUN HOME will play when it visits Fantod's hometown!  I thought of his critiques and tittered.  

• Hamilton ticket prices-seriously?  Jun 9 2015, 12:26:38 PM

I have loved every second of this thread.  Thank you for making my Tuesday.  

• 2015 Tony complaints  Jun 9 2015, 11:57:24 AM

"Is this that thing where one female can't be praised without knocking another?"

Yeah...I don't know why it be a comparison of their talents when my initial point was to note that Anna Kendrick, who also was nominated at a very young age for Best Supporting Actress in a Musical, went on to have an extremely successful career.  That's all I was hoping for Lucas.  Comparing the two is useless.  

• Favorite 2015 Tony Award Performance  Jun 8 2015, 11:20:14 AM

There was Ring of Keys...and then there was everything else.  

• 2015 Tony complaints  Jun 8 2015, 10:23:21 AM

"My one complaint there is that I was really rooting for Sydney Lucas, but she's young, so she'll have many chances to win in the future.
    Then she should have a chat with Daisy Eagan."

I have hope that Sydney Lucas will go the Anna Kendrick route.   

• Judy Kuhn and Kelli O'Hara  Jun 5 2015, 10:06:50 AM

Um...I read it as him saying, 'Do you know the percentage of actors who get nominated.'  Not actors in shows that year in a specific category...but, well, all actors.  

• Tony's  May 28 2015, 05:06:14 PM

Two things:

'or are you just being a dick?' 

The answer to that is always 'yes'.  

And two...I find Tony Yazbeck disappointingly smooth.  

BROADWAYWORLD TV