Profile for AEA AGMA SM

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld AEA AGMA SM
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: AEA AGMA SM
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 2 - 29
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • School of Rock's Mamie Parris to Succeed Leona Lewis as Grizabella in Cats  Sep 25 2016, 05:30:28 PM

bwayphreak234 said: "I am kind of surprised to see so many people unhappy with this casting... Mamie Parris is extremely talented. I have seen her in a few things, and she has always been incredible. "

It just goes to show that you will never please everyone. One group will bemoan the "stunt" casting on Broadway, but then there's another group waiting in the wings to bemoan the fact that they are casting some "unknown" and n

• Anastasia or Great Comet?  Sep 22 2016, 01:54:06 PM

Great Comet on Broadway is going to be a completely unique experience that will not be easily replicated on the road if it should tour, and I would definitely factor that into a choice between the two.

• The Producers Requirements  Sep 22 2016, 12:09:39 PM

MTI licenses the Stroman choreography as part of the package for The Producers. I don't know if a company is required to use it, but if you see a production that is using it it is not unauthorized or a violation of copyright (unless, of course, the company in question did not obtain licensing for the show at all, which is a whole other problem).

• How long do you think Cats has got?  Sep 17 2016, 10:32:03 AM

CarlosAlberto said: "He absolutely did. Dean Jones originated the role.The Tony rules may have changed since then."

I'm curious what the reaction would have been had these boards existed back then when this happened. From what I've read of the Tony history the rules were more inflexible back then (such as the option to petition for a category change not existing, and thus William Daniels refusing a nomination for 1776 because

• good musicals that never made it to Broadway?  Sep 16 2016, 03:52:20 PM

I'm glad that Bat Boy never moved to Broadway. Even the Union Square Theatre felt a bit too big for it. I really liked it there, but I've since fallen in love with it seeing it in more intimate spaces. In the smaller spaces it doesn't have to be overplayed. When the cast doesn't have to start the show already playing to the rafters it lets them build that hilarity over the evening and ramp it up to a fever pitch. It's harder to build up to a 10 when you

• good musicals that never made it to Broadway?  Sep 16 2016, 03:52:19 PM

I'm glad that Bat Boy never moved to Broadway. Even the Union Square Theatre felt a bit too big for it. I really liked it there, but I've since fallen in love with it seeing it in more intimate spaces. In the smaller spaces it doesn't have to be overplayed. When the cast doesn't have to start the show already playing to the rafters it lets them build that hilarity over the evening and ramp it up to a fever pitch. It's harder to build up to a 10 when you

• The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread  Sep 16 2016, 03:31:50 PM

This seems to be making the fatal camp mistake. You can't set out to create camp. Yes, the original movie is considered a camp classic, but it was clearly made with sincerity and love of the material that this really seems to be lacking. When you start out winking at the audience they just get tired of that winking and look for excuses to rip it apart.

• Best day to ensure seeing Bette  Sep 15 2016, 02:17:42 PM

brdwybuff said: "If Midler is not in every show, what would be the best day of the week to buy tickets for? Or what day not to buy tickets for?"

The safest plan to ensure seeing her would be Fridays or Saturday evenings. Those are going to be the nights with the best ticket sales for any show, and any producer would be a fool to agree to let their headlining star have those as the performances when an alternate takes the role (unless they somehow manage

• War paint cast change?  Sep 15 2016, 02:11:59 PM

uncageg said: "Was it Donna Murphy who just suffered a big family loss and said she would not be returning to the stage for a while?"

Her husband, Shawn Elliott, passed away back in March. If I remember correctly it was Jordan who reported meeting her and finding out that she was taking a break from work for a while because of this.

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/11/16  Sep 13 2016, 01:41:30 AM

haterobics said: "Umm, they are filling the house with the same amount of people, but those people don't have to pay as much as the summer tourists did. So they raked it in all summer, and the summer is over..."

My observation was on the attendance numbers the previous three weeks (8/21 @ 87.3%, 8/28 @ 82.7%, and 9/4 @ 83.8%). It's pretty rare for them to be under 90% capacity for three weeks in a row, so I was just curious if there was any

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/11/16  Sep 12 2016, 03:46:55 PM

I think the better question would be what was going on with Wicked seeing such a sharp decrease in attendance the past few weeks. Their attendance this past week looks more like returning to business as normal.

• Great two-handers  Sep 7 2016, 09:56:11 PM

Oleanna

Talley's Folly

Goblin Market; a two woman Off-Broadway musical by Polly Pen based on the Victorian poem by Christina Rossetti

• Performers on Singing Competions  Sep 7 2016, 02:26:52 PM

LizzieCurry said: "Also, weren't the women in the Search for Elle Woods show credited as being receptionists (or whatever their day job was), etc. and not experienced performers?"

I remember the credits being downplayed for the girls who had already been working but they couldn't fully erase it, especially with Lena Hall (who was still going by Celina Carvajal at the time) who already had four Broadway credits at the time, and Autumn Hurlbert wh

• Good plays for or to adapt for an all-female cast?  Sep 7 2016, 01:53:02 PM

Your best bet is to look at something in the public domain so you don't run into any issues with rights. You also have the advantage that people are more willing to accept a classic piece with a heavy concept applied to it. 

• What show are you surprised hasn't had a Broadway revival?  Sep 7 2016, 01:48:39 PM

broadwayguy91 said: "I'm surprised Roundabout / LCT hasn't done a limited run revival of Carnival!"

I seem to recall there being some talk of a revival of Carnival after the Encores production a number of years ago with Anne Hathaway and Brian Stokes Mitchell. As I recall, though, they couldn't lock Hathaway in as The Princess Diaries had just recently come out and they couldn't lure her away from Ho

• MOULIN ROUGE will be finally be a stage musical  Sep 3 2016, 01:45:45 AM

His Boheme is available on DVD, filmed when it first premiered in Australia in 1993.

https://www.amazon.com/Puccini-Boheme-Luhrmann-Australian-Opera/dp/B00006LPE9

I remember enjoying it when I saw it on Broadway, and the setting/design (updated to the 1950s) was gorgeous. However, I was only just then beginning to get into opera at the time a

• Fun Home v Next to Normal  Sep 2 2016, 03:30:39 PM

Gensho said: "I'm not sure how the show is going to look and feel being on a proscenium stage. I wish it was going to Arena Stage, as they have a great theater in the round set up there. But what can you do? "

Just to point out that it was done on a proscenium stage at the Public before it moved to Broadway, so I would imagine that the creatives will draw a lot from that for the new tour staging.

• Lion King: is it getting worse?  Sep 2 2016, 01:22:54 AM

NZBOY2 said: "Sorry my mistake http://www.playbill.com/article/circle-of-life-lion-king-reopens-at-the-minskoff-theatre-june-13-com-133141  why did they not transport one of the newer os productions"

If you mean why didn't they use one of the tour sets that would be because the tour is built and designed to run with no trap room, so the show deck and other pieces (such as Pride Rock) would not have worked for the Broadway production.

• Kinky Boots tour lately  Aug 30 2016, 09:21:28 PM

245601 said: "I'm reviving this thread because I noticed recently that for the tour's Cleveland and now Chicago engagements, part of the set looks very different than it used to. I'm seeing pictures of the stage on instagram, and it looks like they have replaced the three-dimensional factory facade that serves as the pre show curtain with a flat, painted scrim/canvas thing in it's place. It doesn't even have the little green door leading into the factory

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/28/16  Aug 29 2016, 07:33:31 PM

Also note that Paramour only had 5 performances this past week. While the numbers are not great it's not the nail in the coffin yet. Now if they had that low with a full 8 performance week then I would agree that they are teetering on the brink.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Back to Falsettoland w/ OBC - Passing the Torch
Backstage Bite
TV Exclusive: BACKSTAGE BITE with ALADDIN's Rodney Ingram!
Turning the Tables
Binge on TURNING THE TABLES!
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
TV:-LuPone's Autobio - Lands EVITA!
KID CRITICS
TV: KID CRITICS Swept Away at PHANTOM
BROADWAY SESSIONS
BROADWAY SESSIONS Goes 'Back to School' Tonight