Profile for AEA AGMA SM
Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: AEA AGMA SM
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 2 - 29
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/26/15  Jul 27 2015, 08:45:20 PM

"i know I'm just one person, but i really haven't heard of Taye doing anything in a long time. like I said, at least Darren was recently on tv"

Yeah, look at Taye, he hasn't done anything recently

That lazy bum

• A View From the Bridge to Broadway  Jul 27 2015, 08:40:11 PM

They have a history of renting theatres when the Beaumont is booked with a long-running show. In fact if you look at their ibdb page you'll see far more shows that were NOT at the Beaumont due in part to South Pacific and War Horse both having such extended runs.

• Do local theaters like SCFTA, Pantages, or San Diego CC have stage doors?  Jul 27 2015, 08:33:21 PM

In most cases you'll find the stage door in the same general area as the loading dock. That would be the first area to check out if you are unsure of where it might be located.

• How long will the current shows run for?  Jul 27 2015, 11:51:59 AM

With no real time frame, just a lot of speculation, by the time the show might need to be moved they will have launched, or be very near launching, the national tour. In that case they will have figured out other ways to do the effects and could implement that version of the show here in NY, similar to what happened with Beauty and the Beast when it moved.

And the larger majority of the time the theatre was dark between shows was more for general refurbishment and upk

• I always thought that the people who got confused and left Into the Woods a  Jul 26 2015, 04:19:49 PM

I haven't done any MTI shows that were published in recent years, but I've definitely seen plenty of instances from them, as well as all of the others, that had misprints, and then trying to decide if the score or the script were correct.

• How long will the current shows run for?  Jul 26 2015, 03:55:46 PM

Technically the New Amsterdam is owned by the City of New York. Disney has a 99 year lease on the property (which they signed in either 1993 or 1994).

But, for all intents and purposes, yes, they "own" it.

• I always thought that the people who got confused and left Into the Woods a  Jul 26 2015, 03:52:59 PM

"  And I can't believe no one told Rob McClure that the lyric in "No More" isn't "until that happier day arrives."  He did it last night and on the video, so I'm guessing that's how he does it every night. "

Sometimes once an actor has memorized something wrong it becomes damn near impossible to fix. I've seen that happen before, especially when people come in to the first rehearsal already off-book. That's part of the

• I always thought that the people who got confused and left Into the Woods a  Jul 26 2015, 01:46:00 PM

10 days is the norm for rehearsals there, with tech being midnight to 5:00 am the Sunday after the previous show closes.

It's a hell of a schedule and crazy conditions between the typical St. Louis heat and humidity, so god bless those who can commit to it.

• Theodore Bikel's Tevye  Jul 23 2015, 02:51:22 PM

"I remember him rushing through the role of Tevye when I saw him do it live twice.  He was "in" the role fully, but rushed through it.  Even so, he gave a great performance!"

Just curious if you saw Topol in the farewell tour before he had to withdraw due to injuries and was replaced by both Bikel and Harvey Fierstein. After seeing Topol even a snail would look like it was rushing through the role.

But RIP to a very talen

• Stanley and Samonsky lead Bridges tour  Jul 23 2015, 02:27:51 PM

""^ It's a SETA tour. The minimum salaries were on the audition notices. Common knowledge."
     And the lead salaries can be negotiated. SETA only defines the minimums."

Absolutely true. And we have plenty of cases of higher-caliber names going out under the SETA contract (Alice Ripley in Next to Normal, Idina Menzel for the portion of If/Then she is doing, D

• On The Twentieth Century Original Cast Album on Amazon for .99 cents  Jul 22 2015, 09:47:27 AM

They do these kinds of flash sales on a somewhat regular basis. I remember that Something Rotten was also on sale shortly after its release for a ridiculously low price. 

Thanks for sharing, and don't hesitate to post others when you find them.

• Local high school production of Phantom...  Jul 22 2015, 12:19:49 AM

You're welcome for the clarification.

And yes, though I was stating that I don't believe they are required to use any aspect of the original staging, I'm hardly one to come down on a high school production for bearing any similarities to its Broadway counterpart. Very few of these kids are doing this as anything other than an extracurricular activity and will only take memories from these experiences.

Now, when you start getting college productions, which are ostensibly

• SOUND OF MUSIC tour cast announced  Jul 22 2015, 12:10:11 AM

Jack O'Brien is directing this tour. It's being touted as a new production, not a recreation of any previous production.

And I would assume it's not going to Broadway because NETworks is producing it and they don't produce on Broadway. If it does exceedingly well on the road I could see it potentially coming in for a limited run here in NY, but for the time being it's a much safer bet to send it on the road, under the SET Agreement (which means lower salary minimums and thus l

• Local high school production of Phantom...  Jul 22 2015, 12:01:50 AM

"I actually think the choreography and stage directions ARE included with the amateur license.  In fact, I think there is very little leeway for them to change much about the staging.   (They even rent the sets.)  I could be wrong about the specific scope of that, but in any event, they're kids.  No one expects a high school production to be an original adaptation.  POTO wouldn't license it to high schools if they didn't want aspects

• New York City Opera's 1990 production of A Little Night Music  Jul 21 2015, 10:17:38 PM

The L.A. Opera production was owned by NY City Opera at the time (City Opera had remounted it themselves the year before the L.A. production with Juliet Stevenson and Jeremy Irons). I'm curious if that production was still in City Opera's warehouses at the time they folded and what has happened to it since. 

In addition to the stars in the lead roles, both NY and LA saw some future stars in the cast as well, with Anna Kendrick and Kristen Bell playing Fredrika in NY and L

• SOUND OF MUSIC tour cast announced  Jul 21 2015, 10:04:51 PM

""I can't imagine it would be historically accurate to have a Mother Abbess in her early 30s at a 1930's Austrian abbey."
    Accuracy hasn't been a theatrical priority for simply ages. I mean, does anyone think it was historically accurate to have a black Mother Superior in her early 40s?"

Not to mention the number of historical inaccuracies that are just part of the script itself, no matter how casting goes, such as the time fram

• Was Bob Fosse a Womanizer?  Jul 20 2015, 07:44:44 PM

"
    You do realize that All That Jazz was Fosse's whitewashed version of himself, right? "

But even in that film he was still fairly harsh on himself (compared to some other white-washed film biographies that have been produced) and didn't completely sanitize everything. Both of the main women in the film, Leland Palmer's character (essentially playing Gwen Verdon), and Ann Reinking (essentially playing herself), were open and chastised hi

• Amazing Grace reviews  Jul 17 2015, 11:30:58 PM

With such low numbers through previews and no rave reviews it's pretty close to impossible to imagine a scenario in which this show lasts through the rest of the summer, the entire fall, and the holiday season to make it to 2016.

• Digital Lotteries...the new thing?  Jul 17 2015, 08:25:22 PM

"Well I guess this locks out international visitors like myself who might not be able to activate roaming on my cell phone to send in the request or receive the notice of if I won or not."

There is free wi-fi available all over this city. It's not hard to find and connect to any of those networks to submit your entry and check to see if you've won.

• Amazing Grace reviews  Jul 17 2015, 04:22:48 PM

Having worked on productions that have ranged from wonderful to terrible I would say there is a certain blindness that sets in when you have been working on one project for any length of time. Just like a parent can't always see (or admit) the faults in their children that are so glaringly obvious to others. Love can make you do strange things.

And, as this very board proves, taste is subjective. What one person praises another person damns. 

And though it's easy fo

BROADWAYWORLD TV