Profile for AEA AGMA SM

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld AEA AGMA SM
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: AEA AGMA SM
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 2 - 29
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Should Actors Be Smoking At The Stagedoor ?  Feb 22 2017, 02:21:04 AM

Actors are people. Some will smoke, drink, curse, use drugs, sleep around, and all those other things that people sometimes do. If you don't want to see an actor being a real human being, vices and all, then I suggest avoiding the stage door and going on your merry way after the performance is over.

• David Yazbek wants a Full Monty revival  Feb 21 2017, 07:19:45 PM

newintown said: "Seems unlikely, but so did Side Show. And the poor guy does need money...

I wonder if his Bruce Lee and Animal House musicals are dead?
    "

Comparing it to Side Show is not really the best example. The Full Monty ran for nearly two years and according to Playbill it did recoup before it closed, so it was officially a hit. It's also been a very successful and popular title f

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/19/17  Feb 21 2017, 03:38:40 PM

neonlightsxo said: "A holiday weekend, to be fair."

Also add in Valentine's Day last week. I'm sure that it added a nice little boost to a performance  (Tuesday night in February) that's typically a bit on the bleaker side.

• Godspell Audition Song  Feb 18 2017, 10:35:08 PM

There are many vampy, vaudeville, burlesque style songs that will work for this. If you want to stick in the Schwartz canon look at "Spread a Little Sunshine."

To go more classic I would recommend "Naughty Baby" (Crazy for You) or "Buddy Beware" (Anything Goes). 

For a more modern piece look at "Special" (Avenue Q).

• SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances  Feb 18 2017, 06:20:59 PM

Glenn is scheduled to do every performance each week (which is why they are doing a 7 performance week instead of the normal . So any absences she has would be the result of illness or another unforeseen circumstance, thus can't be predicted.

• Theater turnover  Feb 17 2017, 07:58:39 PM

The long periods of a theatre sitting dark between shows is not due to union rules, but just the fact that producing on Broadway is far more expensive than it is producing in London. So even though we do occasionally see a show come together super fast to nab an unexpected vacancy it is not the norm. 

• Laura Osnes and Tony Yazbeck to star in CRAZY FOR YOU  Feb 17 2017, 01:31:21 PM

I really wish I was able to see this. I rank Stroman's work on Crazy for You as some of her best choreography that she has ever done, and it's great to see they are going all out with the full choreography for this event. 

• Hillary spotted at broadway shows  Feb 17 2017, 04:17:45 AM

UnwoundFantasies said: "I could be wrong, but don't all former presidents get some form of secret service type security for the rest of their lives? "

Yes, all presidents and their spouses receive lifetime secret service protection. Congress tried to change it at some point (I believe it was during Bill's second term) to limit it to 10 years after leaving office, so at one point Bill and Hillary would have been the last to receive lifetime

• 2017-2018 Touring Season  Feb 15 2017, 12:34:04 PM

Willie4316 said: "jennab113 said: "Atlanta:

King and I: Sept 26-Oct 1, 2017

The Color Purple: Oct 24-29, 2017

Love Never Dies: Nov 28-Dec 3, 2017

Rent: Feb 20-25, 2018

Gentleman's Guide: Mar 13-18, 2018

Something Rotten: Apr 17-22, 2018

Hamilton: May 22-June 10, 2018
    "

Strange, LND dates overlap with their Orlando dates, Nov 26 - 31

Edit: My bad, I read the da

• Broadway Actors who went to your school.  Feb 13 2017, 09:48:36 PM

In high school Daniel Reichard was a year ahead of me and Rory O'Malley was in the class a year behind me, and one of the founders of the Araca Group is also an alum, but from a good number of years before me.

Undergrad there have been quite a few, so I'll just go with in my class year: Jill Paice, Trista Moldovan, and Kevin David Thomas.

• Full Musical Scores in MIDI format  Feb 11 2017, 01:27:13 PM

trpguyy said: "greensgreens said: "Well, I wasn't suggesting that they should be illegal. I was hoping maybe MTI or another company may have them available to purchase as an add-on when you perform the show or perhaps they were available for purchase in a legitimate way."

The licensing companies don't have orchestrations as MIDI files, let alone for purchase or rental.
    "

MTI has several "virtual orchestra"

• Guess Paper Mill's 17/18 Season!  Feb 9 2017, 04:07:00 PM

adamgreer said: "This is quite an ambitious season for Papermill. Their subscriber base skews pretty old, and the subscribers tend to prefer the "classics." This seems like a distinct shift in their mission- they seem to be much more focused (and this goes back a few years now, probably to Newsies) in developing new musicals and then transferring them off to Broadway."

Though look at it this way, two of the three new musicals they have slated

• Way too early 2017 Tony predictions  Feb 9 2017, 01:34:49 PM

Obviously it's still waiting an official ruling, but I can not imagine a world where Jitney is not deemed a revival under the classics rule.

• Broadway Trivia Question: A-List Actor in a Musical  Feb 8 2017, 09:15:34 PM

Not a problem, dramamama, I had to pull up both ibdb and imdb to check the timelines myself for Jackman's movies and The Boy from Oz.

I would attribute part of the reason that you don't see as many A-list Hollywood actors headlining new musicals on Broadway these days is that the timelines are now so much more extended than they used to be in regards to the development of a new musical. Many musicals now go through years of development between readin

• SUNSET BOULEVARD Previews  Feb 8 2017, 09:10:19 PM

chernjam said: "-- She's not eligible?  Must confess my ignorance - had not heard that/didn't know that..."

One of the rules is that an actor can not be eligible for nomination for playing a role that they've already won a Tony for (it's the same reason Alan Cumming was not eligible a couple years ago for the revival of the revival of Cabaret). 

• Broadway Trivia Question: A-List Actor in a Musical  Feb 8 2017, 06:29:52 PM

dramamama611 said: "Was he considered a-list at that time?"

I would say he was. By that point he already had done the first two X-Men films (with the sequel being even more highly acclaimed than the first one), had a Golden Globe nomination for Kate & Leopold, and had finished shooting Van Helsing (which was planned to spawn its own franchise, even though it ultimately disappointed at the box office and never to

• Dream replacement: JOSH GROBAN  Feb 7 2017, 11:17:28 PM

If someone knows how to play piano then the accordion is not as hard to pick up as some might imagine. Donna Lynne Champlin did not play the accordion before being cast in Sweeney Todd, and yet she managed to figure it out. I'm sure most competent musicians can do so as well, especially if they are already in talks and negotiations now to go into the show five months or so from now.

SUNDAY IN THE PARK withdraws from Tony Eligibility  Feb 6 2017, 11:52:17 AM

djoko84 said: "bjh2114 said: "djoko84 said: "If a show is nominated for the Tonys do they have to offer comp tickets to Tony voters? I understand offering them to the nomination committee, but it shouldn't be a requirement for the whole membership. "

Yes they do.  It's the only way to provide equal opportunity for all voters to see and consider all eligible shows.  Had all of the voters needed to acquire their own Hamilton

• SUNSET BOULEVARD Previews  Feb 4 2017, 12:31:15 PM

C4b2a3b said: "Silly plot question about the Glenn Close American Premiere Recording. In "Let's Have Lunch", it seems like Sheldrake buys Bases Loaded from Joe (Sheldrake says, "It looks like Xanax got himself a baseball picture", but then several seconds later, Joe seems like he's begging Sheldrake again ("You've got to give me some work...). I'm assuming Joe just needs

• SUNDAY IN THE PARK withdraws from Tony Eligibility  Feb 3 2017, 10:29:31 PM

That is the list from the 2015-2016 rulebook, when the Hudson was not in use as a legitimate theatre.

The administration committee announced back in October after they met to determine eligibilities for Cats and Paramour that the Hudson will be considered Tony eligible.

http://www.playbill.com/article/tony-administra

Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement