Profile for AEA AGMA SM

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld AEA AGMA SM
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: AEA AGMA SM
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 2 - 29
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?  Jul 23 2016, 10:50:34 PM

Someone in a Tree2 said: "If Eliza was 35 years old, then why on earth would her father Alfred Doolittle show up in such a huff at the outrage being perpetrated on his innocent daughter?"

Eliza's innocence is not at all what Doolittle is concerned about. While he does assume that it's a Pretty Woman style arrangement when he first receives the news, he is delighted that Eliza is being so resourceful and only visits Wimpole Street t

• MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?  Jul 22 2016, 11:04:13 PM

VintageSnarker said: "SomeOtherMe said: "If they insist on going with a "name" for Eliza, how about Anne Hathaway? She's got the star power and could probably sing the role well. Besides, her and Colin Firth would make this the hottest ticket in town."

Could she? Not snark. I don't know her voice well enough but I don't recall her singing anything similar. Also, it would be a slight risk. Interstellar and The Intern didn't do poorly but

• MOTOWN Will Conclude Broadway Run Early on July 31  Jul 21 2016, 10:57:04 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "ethan231h said: "Call_me_jorge said: "qolbinau said: "LOL WOW!

It's interesting that the first time round they did quite well. But it doesn't seem like any tour that stops off on Broadway along the way does well. Hair, Bring it On, Motown, An Act of God (ok, this is not quite the same as the other three, so willing to concede if someone wants to challenge that). Are there successful examples?
    "

• MOTOWN Will Conclude Broadway Run Early on July 31  Jul 21 2016, 10:51:35 PM

Since Mamma Mia has not brought in a tour stop since it closed I'm not sure how it could be included in a list of shows (successful or flops) that had a tour stop on Broadway as part of its itinerary. 

• Annie Golden, Broadway Bounty Hunter  Jul 20 2016, 07:38:57 PM

They were rehearsing in the studio next to mine at Chelsea Studios recently. The music I heard from the hallway sounded like a lot of fun, and having been a huge fan of Annie Golden since I discovered the Assassins cast recording in high school, it was cool passing her in the hallway. 

• How easy it to win the FUN HOME lottery now?  Jul 4 2016, 08:03:48 PM

I was there on Saturday as well (used the $40 4th of July weekend discount). I saw it way back during its run at the Public, but this was my first time finally seeing it on Broadway. I agree that everyone in the cast is still turning in amazing performances, and it's probably one of the best shows I've seen at Circle in the Square. 

I admit that I am keeping an eye out for a time when Cerveris is out. I've worked with Jim Stanek a few times and would

• Is there a website that contains Broadway reviews from before the Internet era?  Jul 3 2016, 11:45:52 PM

Frank Rich's New York Times reviews were collected and published in a book called Hot Seat. It seems to be out of print, but plenty of used copies available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Seat-Theater-Criticism-1980-1993/dp/0679453008

• Longest Running Time of a Broadway Show  Jul 2 2016, 01:43:14 PM

I seem to recall reading that Camelot was running close to, if not over, four hours up in Toronto before it first came to Broadway. I believe most current productions do come in under three hours, though close.

Most productions of Gypsy and My Fair Lady clock in at close to 3 hours as well.

• Theatre directing as my career?  Jul 2 2016, 10:20:55 AM

Also keep in mind that Broadway is not necessarily the be-all end-all of everyone's career in theatre, no matter the discipline. There are many people who have had a long and successful career without a single Broadway credit to their names.

• Singin in the Rain  Jul 2 2016, 10:18:17 AM

_IrisTInkerbell said: "When did it want to come in? Playbill still says "fall"...

Any chance they might take the Music Box? Just because I like the sound of that haha and because it will be available soon. It's mostly been a play-theater (which the recent exceptions of Pippin and Shuffle), does it have a pit? I didn't pay attention to that during Shuffle...
    "

The Music Box has hosted its fair share of musicals throughout its

• Interesting Article About STATE FAIR  Jul 1 2016, 12:28:05 AM

Let's be fair to Ms. O'Hara. If the character is only 19 or 20 then she's only two decades too old for it, not three (she just turned 40 in April).

• Apple Patents Technology to Disable iPhone Cameras in Theaters  Jun 30 2016, 06:20:05 PM

Apple files many, many patents (as do all big technology companies), many of which never see the light of day. Sometimes it's for a technology or design that they decide to drop as the development process proceeds, sometimes it's to block some other company from doing something similar and getting the jump on them. Until I hear about this beyond the patent phase I'm not going to worry about it. 

• Miss Saigon 2017  Jun 28 2016, 11:15:05 AM

Mr. Nowack said: "I think the Ellen song on the OLC is the most effective. It portrays the conflict she's going without making her too unlikeable.

The track is called "Now That I've Seen Her" but I think the song by that title is a different one (if that makes any sense).
    "

Claire Moore, the original Ellen, recorded "It's Her or Me" for the 2 disc London cast album. By the time they released a highlights CD &quo

• Revisiting The Who's Tommy  Jun 27 2016, 10:50:27 PM

There was a documentary released in 1993 alongside the opening of the Broadway production that traced the history of Tommy from album, to staged concert, to film, to Broadway. It had a lot of footage from the Broadway production in it, but as far as I know it has never been released to DVD (I used to own a copy on VHS). 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0126729/

• Riedel on Great Comet's big price tag  Jun 25 2016, 01:32:29 AM

Josh Groban is hugely popular with the middle-aged housewife crowd. He's consistently amongst the favorite guest hosts on Live with Kelly, and just the exposure from him talking about the show there will probably sell a good number of tickets (it's one of the few shows in recent years that my mom has asked me about before I've said anything about it to her). 

• July 7th Thurs, matinee for Hamilton?  Jun 25 2016, 01:28:15 AM

Looking at their calendar it is indeed the first week where they have switched to Sunday being the dark day. To keep 8 performances that week it meant adding in an extra matinee for either Thursday or Friday. There doesn't seem to be much mystery beyond that. 

• July 7th Thurs, matinee for Hamilton?  Jun 24 2016, 04:40:03 PM

Is it to make up for a change in the schedule due to the holiday? I know it's a Monday this year, but maybe they are taking a performance off either the day before or the day after?

• Historical people/moments you want to see in a musical  Jun 23 2016, 12:43:23 PM

SnoopyQc said: "In "Submission Only" (the web serie), there was a musical about Thomas Edison. I know it's was a fictional musical, but it would be fun to see it come to life."

I refuse to accept any Thomas Edison musical that does not include Topsy the Elephant and this sequence.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ypqSHg1YvZA" frameborder="0"

• Historical people/moments you want to see in a musical  Jun 21 2016, 07:38:33 PM

It actually does work fairly well for a revue, outthere, though it's not nearly as in-depth as a full bio-musical ala Jersey Boys or Beautiful. 

Sadly there is no cast recording, and according to the Rodgers & Hammerstein website (which handles licensing for the show) there are no upcoming productions in the near future.

• Historical people/moments you want to see in a musical  Jun 21 2016, 07:26:36 PM

_IrisTInkerbell said: "Maybe this is already out there, but Iving Berlin's live was pretty interesting. I think an autobiographical "jukebox musical" about him, in the same vein perhaps as Beautiful or Jersey Boys could be fascinating."

There is a Berlin revue called The Melody Lingers On that uses his life as a framework to get from song to song. I worked on a production back in 2002, so I don't remember if the

BROADWAYWORLD TV