Profile for AEA AGMA SM

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld AEA AGMA SM
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: AEA AGMA SM
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 2 - 29
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Footloose ever back on Broadway?  Mar 26 2017, 09:16:20 PM

Anything is possible (we've certainly seen revivals that have made us question "why?", but I would certainly not put any money down in Vegas on this show being revived on Broadway, and I definitely would not be willing to invest in (if I was in such a position to do so).

• 2017-2018 Touring Season  Mar 26 2017, 09:14:35 PM

Non-Equity tours are designed to be able to load in, do one or two performances, and load out in one day. So they will be smaller than a tour that is generally mean to be in one venue for a week or more by necessity.

Most venues will still market them as the "Broadway" tour, since that is the label that sells. It's a huge sticking point for Equity, since presenters are typically charging the same prices for non-Equity tours as they are for Equity tours,

• CDs sold in the lobby & Soundscan  Mar 25 2017, 09:08:51 PM

I would guess that they get counted when the merch company buys them from their supplier.

• Norma Desmond understudy in Sunset Blvd  Mar 8 2017, 09:02:02 PM

The Distinctive Baritone said: "Actors' Equity requires that all principal actors have understudies at most major theatre companies, and certainly on Broadway."

Someone of Glenn Close's caliber does not need to have an understudy, according to the Production Contract.

73. Understudies

(A) All parts for which contracts are issued, except parts of stars and "bit" players, shall be covered by U

• Favorite Rodgers/Hammerstein Show?  Mar 4 2017, 08:49:39 PM

BakerWilliams said: "For those unaware, Cinderella was produced as a stage show by the New York City Opera in the 1990s, as well as a revival in 2004 (with Eartha Kitt)"

Their 2004 revival had such a great cast. Along with Eartha Kitt reprising her role from the tour as the Fairy Godmother you also had Lea DeLaria and Ana Gasteyer as the Stepsisters, John Epperson (aka Lypsinka) as the Stepmother, and Dick Van Patten as the King,

• Opinions on Phantom Seats for First Timer  Mar 2 2017, 11:55:02 AM

My personal preference for most shows is the first couple of rows of the mezzanine. I prefer to be looking down at the stage and find it easier to take in the whole stage picture from this vantage point  and still be close enough to notice finer details.

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/26/17  Feb 28 2017, 08:53:31 AM

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "I would absolutely go see "Come Fly Away" if I could."

Well then I hope you have a time machine, since that show closed in 2010 after flopping hard

• Bandstand Lawsuit  Feb 27 2017, 10:35:20 PM

Golenboybway said: "I have a separate question. How come a lot of shows rehearsal at New 42nd street studios? Is it less expensive?"

Location, location, location. Add in the fact that they are relatively new, very well maintained, and have a number of large studios with a host of amenities (column free, individual heating/cooling control in each studio, proper sprung floors, etc).

• Musicals staged as concerts  Feb 27 2017, 06:06:07 PM

While it's not a concert, The Will Rogers Follies is structured entirely as a Ziegfeld Follies revue of Will's life. Everything is taking place in that follies show, with Will constantly breaking the fourth wall both to talk to the audience as well as to Mr. Ziegfeld himself, and at several points Ziegfeld intervenes to shape the course of the show to fit his vision of the follies (such as Will and Betty meeting on the moon to make it more romantic and theatric

• Questions about Broadway Tech and sending things to the theaters  Feb 27 2017, 05:48:47 PM

I would say the flowers are probably unnecessary, but not really inappropriate or weird.

As for your letter/questions, there is nothing wrong with that at all. I would recommend addressing it to the stage management staff. If you still have your Playbill handy you'll find their names there, or you can just do a general address to "*Name of Show* Stage Management" (I would recommend putting that  even if you do have a name, just in case there was a recen

• la la land songs not performed by stars at Oscars  Feb 27 2017, 12:21:51 AM

It's not unprecedented. In 2005 Beyonce performed several of the nominated songs, including "Learn to Be Lonely." In 2003 Queen Latifah replaced Renee Zellweger for the performance of "I Move On" with Catherine Zeta-Jones.

• Patina Miller is pregnant!  Feb 26 2017, 11:49:47 AM

How is it creepy? She posted an announcement about it on Instagram to share with all her fans. It's not like the OP went digging through her trash cans to find the discarded home pregnancy test.

• Riedel's update on  Feb 25 2017, 12:37:06 AM

RippedMan said: "Welll, we have Mean Girls coming in, and I'd imagine Frozen and Mean Girls are kind of the same demo?"

Yes, I'm sure there are scores of parents looking to take their 8 year old daughters to Mean Girls.

• Ugly ducklings into swans?  Feb 24 2017, 09:45:23 PM

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum is often held up as a classic example of a show that was struggling out of town/pre-Broadway until they nailed the opening with "Comedy Tonight" and turned the fortune of the show around.

For a more modern example, A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder only did so-so business for the first several months of its run. They held out and business picked up with the announcement

• Suggestions for Times Square photo scavenger hunt?  Feb 24 2017, 05:51:29 PM

Some of the obvious things would be the various theatre marquees, the TKTS board, the statue of George M. Cohan. You could also go for other significant buildings (like the entrance to the Equity building) or architectural details (like the statues of Ethel Barrymore, Marilyn Miller, Mary Pickford, and Rosa Ponselle that were restored when the I. Miller building was renovated and Express moved into the ground floors), or certain types of people (like the flyer girls for Chicago 

• Librettos  Feb 24 2017, 05:40:37 PM

jimmycurry01 said: "Many libretti are available in the obvious places such as amazon. Phantom of the Opera is available as an appendix in George Perry's The Complete the Phantom of the Opera. Many of the big coffee table books have them. Sunset Boulevard is also available in that manner, as is Les Miserables. All of those are available used for less than $2."

Just be aware if you do pick up the Sunset Boulevard book that the libre

• SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances  Feb 23 2017, 04:33:26 PM

Lot666 said: "I don't recall hearing any of this before. If Ms. Close was so furious with ALW, why does she now speak of him with such affection and admiration, and why would she even want to do this revival?"

Because not everyone has the need or desire to hold a grudge for 20 years. Some people are able to have disagreements with their colleagues and still maintain a working, even friendly, relationship.

• Can Bette's voice handle it?  Feb 23 2017, 12:07:04 AM

Just when you think it's about time for those 109 year olds to hang it up, wham, they totally surprise you with what they can do onstage

• Should Actors Be Smoking At The Stagedoor ?  Feb 22 2017, 02:21:04 AM

Actors are people. Some will smoke, drink, curse, use drugs, sleep around, and all those other things that people sometimes do. If you don't want to see an actor being a real human being, vices and all, then I suggest avoiding the stage door and going on your merry way after the performance is over.

• David Yazbek wants a Full Monty revival  Feb 21 2017, 07:19:45 PM

newintown said: "Seems unlikely, but so did Side Show. And the poor guy does need money...

I wonder if his Bruce Lee and Animal House musicals are dead?
    "

Comparing it to Side Show is not really the best example. The Full Monty ran for nearly two years and according to Playbill it did recoup before it closed, so it was officially a hit. It's also been a very successful and popular title f