Profile for AEA AGMA SM

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld AEA AGMA SM
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: AEA AGMA SM
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 2 - 29
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • A union actor directing non union shows?  May 26 2017, 02:34:11 PM

For the most part no, Equity will not interfere with its members who are directing or choreographing non-union projects. The only exception is if that member is doing so for a non-union tour. 

• Rialto Chatter: Nathan Lane-Led ANGELS IN AMERICA Heading to Broadway?  May 26 2017, 12:39:55 PM

Play Esq. said: "Yes, I know this is being discussed in the Groundhog Day thread, but thought it was more than deserving of its own thread.

While I agree that the August Wilson would be a great fit, I wonder if this is something that Lincoln Center could program at the Beaumont.  A Lincoln Center collaboration with the National isn't unprecedented and War Horse certainly did a great deal of business.  

Jr. and G2K Versions!  May 25 2017, 06:31:10 PM

Yero my Hero said: "Isn't the Jr. just the full length show without "Having a Hunch" and the General stuff?

Yes, they cut the whole war subplot. I don't recall any other big cuts, but I don't have both versions in front of me right now to compare.
    "

"How Lucky You Are" became primarily a solo for Mayzie, with some backup from the Cat. There were also some internal edits within some num

• Now this is over reaching authorial control...  May 25 2017, 11:44:31 AM

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

• Now this is over reaching authorial control...  May 25 2017, 10:50:18 AM

darquegk said: "Mamet's views on theatre are inherently primal and anti-intellectual: didn't he say actors shouldn't really have to act, just say the words and let the writing do the work?"

So that's what Debra Winger was doing in The Anarchist!

• Now this is over reaching authorial control...  May 25 2017, 10:30:22 AM

HogansHero said: "Once again, the pertinent focus is on the contract between the playwright and the theatre, nothing more and nothing less. No matter how unwise a license condition might be, it is enforceable. And the other lesson here is that a license is revocable."

I sort of wish that this had happened to a bigger company that could have afforded to challenge this. Yes, the focus is on the contract, and a license is revocable, but the original c

• Remembering the Mark Hellinger Theatre (In Honor of Eliza Doolittle Day)  May 20 2017, 04:11:09 PM

tomwsjr said: "Thank you for this post.  The Mark Hellinger theatre was always my favorite Broadway musical theatre.  Not only is it gorgeous, there's not a bad seat in the house.  I still haven't forgiven the Nederland's for stupidly selling off this theatre."

What type of condition was it in when it was sold off? It's clear that the church has done a great job in maintaining and preserving it, but did they have to do a l

• Talented Mr Ripley - Musical  May 20 2017, 09:34:07 AM

RippedMan said: "When's the last time a classic had a successful venture into an actual musical? "

I've heard that there's a musical based on a literary classic that's currently nominated for 12 Tony Awards.

• How did Sutton foster change so fast in shrek?  May 18 2017, 04:04:10 PM

If you mean for the close ups on the DVD, yes. Those were shot in an empty theatre with a heavier, more elaborate make-up than what was used nightly during performances.

• Riedel on producers wooing out of town Tony votersThe  May 17 2017, 01:06:25 PM

asmith0307 said: "Considering 41 theatres with a smaller number of seats than an average road house easily makes a billion dollars in a year, I'd say a "multibillion dollar industry" is probably accurate. That being said, I haven't added up every tour in every city for every week like I have the 41 theatres to verify."

I also wouldn't be surprised if it's one of those numbers that also factors in the surrounding economic impact

• Funny Girl revival?  May 15 2017, 02:24:04 PM

newintown said: "The topic that never gets tired.

Or does it?"

You know as well as the rest of us that it will never die until the revival eventually happens (in whatever near or distant future that may be). And then it will instead shift to who should have played Fanny, and why it didn't work with whoever does get cast, and how long before it can be revived again with the proper star.

• Non-Profit Community Theatre Questions  May 15 2017, 12:58:06 PM

There are a number of sites where you can view the 990s of non-profit organizations (those are all considered public record). It might be worth looking through to see if you can find a company that is similar in size and scope to yours and look their 990s to see what they've been doing for a frame of reference.

• FOX doing RENT Live  May 15 2017, 12:54:10 PM

But Fox has still been subject to plenty of "attacks" over some of their content. True, it's been many years, but Married with Children certainly didn't sit well with a lot of the more conservative types, and a certain president spoke out very vocally about The Simpsons and their destructive influence.

That being said, I still don't have any expectation that this will be even a halfway decent product. I'd lik

• re: Worst Revival Ever  May 15 2017, 12:51:38 PM

My issue with the Side Show revival was that none of the new material actually solved any of the problems or was better than the material it replaced. The thing that came closest to working was the flashback to the twins' history, and even that made the mistake of having them sing a version of "I Will Never Leave You" in such a literal fashion that it became laughable.

And then there were the tiny little lyric changes within songs that wou

• Sunset Boulevard Glenn Close Illness  May 13 2017, 01:08:31 PM

The Distinctive Baritone said: "Equity will often make exceptions about requiring an understudy or standby if there is a big star. Don't know what the case is with Sunset but considering that Nancy Anderson is way too young for Norma it strikes me as a formality - that is, they were required to have an understudy by Equity but have no intention of ever having her go on."

Star performers are not required to have an understudy. My guess

• Riedel on London plays possibly transferring  May 10 2017, 03:12:37 PM

Valentina3 said: "nasty_khakis - have you seen Carolee Carmello's Lovett yet? She's phenomenal.

Junk is a while away. It's possible that they can move it to another house to make room for Angels, if they think latter's a better fit there. Depends on the kind of contracts they have with these shows. While a beautiful house, Vivian-Beaumont is far enough from the Times Sq. that a new play might want to move to attract more foot traffic. This

• The Price window card  May 9 2017, 11:01:48 PM

Yes, there is a window card for sale at the theatre. It's also available through Triton Gallery.

• Booth and/or Circle In The Square This Summer?  May 3 2017, 01:01:07 AM

I would guess that those theatres will be sitting vacant for the summer. It's a tough time to open a new show unless you are transferring a show that was already a mega-hit elsewhere (such as the case when Hamilton opened).

• Making a donation in honor of a cast member?  May 3 2017, 12:56:53 AM

If you want to send him something I would suggest cookies from Schmackary's. They are a favorite amongst many in the theatre community and they actually have an order option already set up on their website for direct delivery to a Broadway actor or show.

http://schmackarys.com/order/

• Window Cards  May 2 2017, 12:57:39 AM

Just to update, there is now a window card for sale for Sweat at the theatre.