Profile for AEA AGMA SM

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld AEA AGMA SM
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: AEA AGMA SM
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 2 - 29
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Movies That Should Be Adapted Into Musicals  Nov 29 2015, 11:52:15 PM

Charley Kringas Inc said: "Or Ophuls's "La Ronde", in which we see a series of vignettes via a linked circle of people, hosted by a winking, reality-altering emcee. There's a linking theme of the carousel, of regret, of "ronde" music and dancing, I mean it seems so apparent I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet."

It has been done. LaChiusa adapted the Schnitzler play (which the film is based on) into Hello Agai

• Country discrimination  Nov 28 2015, 09:32:44 PM

GavestonPS said: "I was not arguing FOR your point, I was arguing AGAINST it. My point is there is no such thing as "one best person for a role", so to argue "best" should prevail over issues such as keeping natives employed is to argue that a fiction take precedence over flesh-and-blood people (and their dependents).

Lucyandjessiez, I think the West End A CHORUS LINE is relevant here because sometimes

• THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Nov 27 2015, 02:36:51 PM

broadwayboy223 said: "Is Everybody Rejoice cut?"

Yes, after performing it on the Parade telecast they decided to cut it.

• Mandatory bag-checks at the Shuberts?  Nov 27 2015, 12:11:41 PM

wonderfulwizard11 said: "I don't really care if someone wants to shine a flashlight into my backpack before I go into a theatre, but I'd be pretty irritated to have to pay an additional fee just to get it checked."

The fee is not for the search, the fee is to actually check your bag with the coat check.

• Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread  Nov 27 2015, 12:09:01 PM

I don't know about on the Parade, but many actors in movie musicals will tell you that even when filming to their pre-recorded tracks they are still often singing on set in order to make sure it does look natural in regards to their mouth movement/shape (you won't necessarily make the same movements with your lips and tongue if you are not actually speaking, which can then tip the viewers that something is off, even if they can't quite identify what that something is).

• The Secret Garden 2016 Concert Presentation  Nov 26 2015, 11:44:40 PM

The concert at the Lortel was close to sold out once they announced Rebecca Luker's involvement, so they really had nothing to worry about. 

Equity has been trying to get these concerts under a contract since they started. This year was the year they finally decided to dig in their heels. It's coincidental that there was another concert presentation of the same show planned for roughly the same time. 

• Fiddler on the roof film better than the broadway show?  Nov 26 2015, 03:10:29 PM

There is an old story going around that when Norman Jewison was casting Jesus Christ Superstar he was having a difficult time getting ahold of Zero's son, Josh, whom he was interested in for Herod. This was related to Zero at some party or social gathering and his response was reported as being "Why doesn't he just find Topol's son?"

I actually put the movie in and am watching it now, primarily because of the parade performance. Even

• Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 26 2015, 01:34:47 PM

Is Jessica Hecht singing in the original keys or is she taking it down like they did with Norma Crane in the movie? I have to admit that having first become familiar with the score from the movie it was a bit jarring the first time I saw it onstage and heard Golde singing in the higher register and not that low warmth that I loved in Norma Crane's performance. 

• Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread  Nov 26 2015, 01:14:44 PM

BOM said: "Did school of Rock ever perform? Only thing I was interested in watching."

They were on one of the floats, so they performed later in the broadcast once the floats started making it to Herald Square. I want to say they were maybe around 11:00? (I was busy cooking so while I saw it I wasn't paying attention to what time it was). They did one of the songs that was interpolated from the movie.

• Overage money in contracts  Nov 25 2015, 05:14:33 PM

There is overage participation on the Tiered Production Contract tours as well as on the SETA tours. There is no overage participation on a Full Production Contract (Broadway or tour) unless a star has negotiated that as part of their individual contract (I can not imagine any producer agreeing to that for anyone but the biggest stars).

• Country discrimination  Nov 25 2015, 09:13:43 AM

As soon as the OP threw the "reverse racism" card into his original post it became clear that this is just his attempt to resurrect the now locked (and deleted?) recent color-blind casting/racism thread.

• Lion King - Circle of Life 360 Video!  Nov 18 2015, 10:28:03 PM

I didn't experience any slow down or freezes, either on my phone or on my laptop. Sounds like an issue with your internet speeds.

• Lion King - Circle of Life 360 Video!  Nov 18 2015, 07:49:43 PM

I suggest watching it on your phone. It was all kinds of cool watching the video move as I moved my phone, rather than dragging with the mouse/cursor watching it on my laptop.

• My cast for a Sunset Boulevard film  Nov 18 2015, 03:23:45 PM

JoseLee_ said: "Glenn Close and the rest of the OBC."

Yes, because Alice Ripley saying she's 22 on screen will be totally believable (unless you meant Judy Kuhn who originated the L.A. production, which will be even more ridiculous). Either way they are both far more appropriate for Norma now than they are for Betty.

• MISERY Reviews  Nov 16 2015, 12:47:45 PM

Snubbed has lost all meaning around here. 

• Tangled Coming to Broadway? (FOR REAL)  Nov 13 2015, 12:01:50 PM

They do use an Equity contract at the parks for the stage shows (and maybe some of the parade performers?).

The ships are not under an Equity contract since they do all their work outside the US (rehearsals are in Toronto, and the performances are in international waters, obviously). However, because of being completely international work they do hire many actors who are members of Equity. 

• TONY Eligibility 2015-16, round one  Nov 12 2015, 05:43:45 PM

dramamama611 said: "If the production does not petition for a specific change, can/will the committee consider changes on their own? "

They do have that power. I don't know how often they've exercised it (as I don't believe they have ever announced whether a producer petitioned for a change or if they opted to make that determination on their own), but it does exist. Just like they can, obviously, choose to deny a petition for a category chang

• The Muny's 2016 Summer Line Up!  Nov 11 2015, 11:54:20 PM

I wouldn't say it's out of the question for them to get Heather Headley back for Aida, seeing as how she just did Into the Woods this past summer.

• Costume Design awards?  Nov 9 2015, 07:44:02 PM

The props masters will work closely with the designers (especially when it comes to things like furniture and set dressing), but that is hardly the case with every item. The best props masters are true designers and artists in their own right.

• Advances  Nov 9 2015, 07:40:02 PM

Once the show is open then the advance becomes a lot less relevant in terms of drumming up excitement. Either you are a huge mega-hit and it's obvious that your advance is pretty healthy, or you are struggling, in which case you don't want to actually advertise that nobody is buying tickets in advance.

The other exception is when there is a big, unexpected bump like after a Tony Award win, as dramamama already stated.

Advertisement Advertisement