Profile for AEA AGMA SM

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld AEA AGMA SM
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: AEA AGMA SM
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 2 - 29
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Glenn Casale's The Hunchback of Notre Dame  Aug 26 2016, 06:38:01 PM

JennH said: "Was the book rewritten again between Papermill and when it finally got licensed out? I'm confused, because it certainly can't be "improved" by the company actual putting it on, rewrites are illegal at that point. 

Anyways, I actually was skeptical about a truly deaf Quasi and someone else doing his singing voice and merely how that would work and/or read...I was quite intrigued just from what I said in that video

• Wrong creative team  Aug 25 2016, 10:35:07 PM

I don't think there is any creative team that could have made Love Never Dies truly work. The lesson they should have learned from Prince and his team and their work on the original was that there was absolutely no reason to revisit these characters.

• Could the Miss Saigon revival extend?  Aug 23 2016, 09:55:29 PM

I can not imagine that there is no contingency plan ready to put in place if ticket sales are strong and the production is proving popular and profitable.

• Replacement Rules  Aug 23 2016, 09:53:25 PM

According to the Production Contract a replacement (whether an internal promotion or someone new to the production) must be contracted and begin performances no later than two weeks after an actor leaves. 

• Miss Saigon Revival Will Land at Its Original Broadway Home  Aug 19 2016, 01:20:18 AM

EricMontreal22 said: "Yeah I am really weary of these CamMac revivals from Laurence Connor. They make sense to tour to cities that couldn't handle the size and load in time of the originals but Les Miz and especially Phantom just show how brilliant the originals were and how those productions largely helped make the shows work on stage. We won't even get into the animosity directors like Nunn and Prince have had with these productions borrowing without credit elements from th

• Maintenance of Long Running Shows  Aug 19 2016, 01:04:43 AM

I'm guessing you're remembering this one from March with Jeremy Hays.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/VIDEO-THE-PHANTOM-OF-THE-OPERAs-Jeremy-Hays-Conducts-a-25-Minute-Backstage-Tour-of-The-Majestic-Theatre-20160322

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/14/16  Aug 15 2016, 11:22:15 PM

As a long running hit that has recouped it is unlikely that Kinky Boots would post a sudden closing notice. When they do post their notice I would be willing to bet that it will still give a long enough period for them to do a big "final weeks/months" ad campaign.

Their producers also just recently shelled out some pretty big bucks to do a final put in rehearsal with the entire orchestra. You don't spend that kind of money on a put in rehe

• Michael Arden's My Fair Lady in Sag Harbor  Aug 14 2016, 10:46:01 PM

From what I remember Charnin was the one who hated it and forced Trinity Rep to remove the dream ending. Strouse was more open to it and did indeed hire her to direct his next show. 

• Michael Arden's My Fair Lady in Sag Harbor  Aug 14 2016, 09:07:22 PM

jessepp said: "Didn't Amanda Denhert do a kick-ass staging of ANNIE several years ago? "

Her Annie was the infamous extremely grim "it was all a dream" production at Trinity Rep back in the early 2000s.

• Sondheim-Favorite Artist Song Performances  Aug 13 2016, 07:50:41 PM

The one I always go back to is Judy Collins's rendition of "Send in the Clowns." It's such a pure rendition of a non-singer's song that so many legit singers tend to over-sing.

• Vocal/ Lyrical Mistakes on Cast Recordings  Aug 12 2016, 12:53:01 PM

"Shown" is the past participle which combines with "have" to make the present perfect tense. If you were using "showed" it would just be "I showed you." "Have showed," or the contraction "I've showed," is grammatically incorrect (if that's what was said).

• Shows where you prefer a different recording from the original?  Aug 12 2016, 12:40:54 PM

And of course many recordings add extra musicians for the recording sessions. Rocky Horror was far from the first or the last to have an augmented band in the studio.

• Lion King Lottery Questions  Aug 10 2016, 12:51:09 PM

mailhandler777 said: "^There are still phone companies that have roaming charges?"

Roaming charges or not, there is free wi-fi all over this city. Go to any Starbucks, McDonalds, or any of the big chain retail stores. It's not hard to check your email without accessing your data plan here in NYC.

• Heather Headley Singing  Aug 6 2016, 03:23:10 PM

I didn't see her in Aida (only saw the tour), but I do remember seeing her in the original cast of The Lion King. Her "Shadowland" was thrilling in a way I haven't experienced with the couple of other Nalas that I've seen, and brought about the same kinds of chills that I got watching this performance. 

• Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!  Aug 6 2016, 03:07:07 PM

theatregoer3 said: "BroadwayNYC2 said: "Tiffany will most likely be occupied with Harry Potter"

At first, I thought the same thing. But they're simply restaging it. I can't imagine this will take up a good deal of his time.
    "

Even when "simply" restaging something it is still a huge time commitment, especially on a project the size of Cursed Child. Not that he couldn't do it,

• Wrong creative team  Aug 4 2016, 04:31:54 PM

I still wish that The Addams Family had been an adaptation of the first film with Marc Shaiman expanding the work he did on the film score. His haunting waltz that he composed for Gomez and Morticia leading into "The Mamushka" would have made a wonderful opening to Act 2.

• Miss Saigon Revival Will Land at Its Original Broadway Home  Aug 4 2016, 04:21:04 PM

I can't imagine that there is not a contingency plan in place to extend if it proves to be a popular ticket.

• Right Show, Wrong Theatre  Aug 3 2016, 10:19:40 AM

Producers also have to take into account the weekly running costs. It's great to think that a show may have played longer in a smaller theatre, but it may not have been the same show. Say Side Show, for example, had a weekly running cost of $650,000 (just a random example, I don't know what their weekly costs actually were). They actually could not afford to go into a smaller theatre like the Booth, which under its past few tenants seems to have had a weekly gross potent

• Redesigning Costumes for Running Shows?  Aug 3 2016, 09:16:36 AM

A show being completely frozen is kind of a myth. Any long running show, especially, will always see minor changes and tweaks as original cast members depart and new ones are brought in.

For direction and choreography it may have to do with what the replacement is capable of (Chicago is a great example of this, as they have several versions of the choreography for Roxie depending on the skill of the actress playing the part). Sometimes it may be some bi

• MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?  Jul 26 2016, 10:10:24 AM

There is no amount of vocal training that will ever make Emma Stone a soprano, let alone a soprano who could sing that score eight times a week.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Cast of FUN HOME's Broadway Memories
Backstage Bite
SCHOOL OF ROCK's Will Blum!
Turning the Tables
Binge on TURNING THE TABLES!
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
TV:-LuPone's Autobio - Lands EVITA!
KID CRITICS
Say Yeah to KINKY BOOTS!
BROADWAY SESSIONS