Profile for AEA AGMA SM

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld AEA AGMA SM
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: AEA AGMA SM
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 2 - 29
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Mamma Mia Farewell tour  Jul 22 2017, 09:43:54 PM

There have already been a number of regional productions. I know of three in the past year just in the New England area (Maine State and Weston Playhouse last summer and a production at Ogunquit that just closed), and I know there have been others.

• Marquee  Jul 22 2017, 08:47:20 PM

The statues of Ethel Barrymore, Mary Pickford, Marilyn Miller, and Rosa Ponselle that were restored a few years ago after years of deteriorating behind the old TGI Friday's signage over on 46th Street.

http://www.playbill.com/article/statues-of-leading-ladies-ethel-barrymore-marilyn-miller-mary-pickford-

• National Theatre: Follies script  Jul 22 2017, 03:24:53 PM

It could be that they are using a different version and are publishing an edition to reflect that, or it could be as simple as they are publishing it in order to have a tie-in edition featuring their artwork and maybe some notes regarding their production. 

• DEH Actors Salaries Question?  Jul 20 2017, 02:51:20 PM

JustAFan3 said: "I also listened to a Jessie Mueller radio interview recently. Joan Hamburg, the interviewer, made the comment that broadway actors live "hand to mouth". Ms. Mueller agreed and said something to the effect, that she "still lives in a Queens walkup".  Now, I would have thought that Jessie Mueller would be an actor that does commands a larger salary and I am sure she does, but how much larger? "

What

• FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway  Jul 17 2017, 11:54:39 PM

I assume you meant to say that they haven't begun to load in the set at the St. James. Previews start in a month in Denver. The set is certainly built and being loaded in over in Denver as we speak, and if tech hasn't started it will very soon. 

• Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018  Jul 17 2017, 01:31:11 PM

Valentina3 said: "I'm just trying to cycle through which performers Jordan has said he liked in the past and coming up with the answer lol. After Annaleigh, the only person I can think of is Laura Benanti but she hasn't been in the movies. This is more fun than Nancy Drew-ing the All Stars 3 cast on reddit."

If it's someone that Jordan is very happy with then clearly the answer must be Kerry O'Malley

• PARADE back in New York City  Jul 17 2017, 10:22:34 AM

There was a time when you knew that no smart producer/investor would take on a project based on an internet petition, and I'd like to think that remains true. Unfortunately there are now a lot of stupid producers/investors out there...

• Rush Tickets for a Wednesday Matinee?  Jul 15 2017, 10:04:37 PM

mamaleh said: "AEA, what was the location of your PLAY THAT GOES WRONG rush tickets?  Thanks."

Mine was Orchestra, Row B, Seat 5, so off to the side a bit, but a better use of $30 than spending the same amount for balcony seats where I may have been more central but would have been crammed into a much smaller space in terms of leg room.

• Rush Tickets for a Wednesday Matinee?  Jul 15 2017, 02:11:00 PM

Last Thursday I was able to pick up a rush ticket for The Play That Goes Wrong at about 4:30 in the afternoon. I can't imagine you would have a problem at 11:30/12:00, should you choose to try that over a musical.

• Riedel:  Jul 13 2017, 09:07:13 PM

If every regional production that reportedly had commercial producers "hovering" around them actually transferred then there would be no room for any other shows to open.

• ALW auto bio - can't wait to read the Sunset chapters...  Jul 11 2017, 01:58:27 PM

The other spin on the whole LuPone/Close/LA/Broadway story is in the companion/coffee table book. In there it's spun that Patti was contracted for London and Broadway under the assumption that Broadway would also be the American Premiere. When the L.A. production was announced as pre-Broadway, Patti was upset that another actress would be doing the American Premiere production. (Again, this was the way the story was spun in the coffee table book).

• City of Angels revival ever?  Jul 11 2017, 01:53:40 PM

Mister Matt said: "If Side Show can have a revival surely this can.

We'll probably have to wait for Follies to flop again before it happens.  And at least two more revivals of Gypsy.
    "

Don't forget another terribly misguided revival of Guys and Dolls that sucks all the humor and fun out the show.

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/17  Jul 7 2017, 09:21:47 PM

HogansHero said: "In the context of GHD as a trudger/hoverer, I don't think any of the other shows that have been mentioned are analogous. But it's not worth arguing over definitions."

Especially since at least one show mentioned (Matilda) was in no way ever trudging along or hovering dangerously close to the break even point early in its run. The show was posting very respectable numbers during its preview period, broke the million dol

• Judy Garland  Jul 7 2017, 04:34:06 PM

Tag said: "Wouldn't her later life (not early life) make for a more interesting musical?"

Just based on the one biography I read (Get Happy by Gerald Clark) there's just as much there in her early life to use. You have the domineering stage mother, her closeted father, the studio conditions and abuses that put her on her lifelong path of addiction, and even just the struggle to get MGM to see what they had in her and how to properl

• Anybody know of any shops that will ship window card other then Triton and Playbill.com? Need some window cards shipped to CA  Jul 7 2017, 02:43:04 PM

The Broadway Store ships window cards.

http://www.broadwaystore.com/

• NAPOLI, BROOKLYN  Jul 6 2017, 10:37:52 AM

newsie20841 said: "Has anyone seen this off-Broadway yet?  I am considering taking my mom to see this and would love to know what people think.  (In particular, is the setting in Brooklyn especially meaningful?  My mom was a child in Brooklyn around the time the play is set.)"

Yes, there is a major plot point that centers around a true life historical event, so it being set in that specific time and location is important.

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/17  Jul 5 2017, 03:47:28 PM

4th of July is not a huge tourist draw in NYC, and many people probably took long vacations this past weekend, especially families. So it's not very surprising to see a drop for a lot of shows this past weekend, especially family shows.

• Next cast for RENT?  Jul 1 2017, 04:22:19 PM

The tour of Fiddler that Harvey went into (stepping in for an injured Topol) was under an Equity contract at that time.

http://www.playbill.com/article/oscar-nominee-topol-will-embark-on-2009-tour-of-fiddler-on-the-roof-com-155400

• Equity and stage names.  Jul 1 2017, 04:10:32 PM

The issue of similarity that you mention only comes in to play when dealing with variations on the same name. So if there is already a John Smith in Equity they may choose to not allow someone to join as Jonathan Smith or Jonny Smith. It really is on a case by case basis, though, as I know several people who have been able to get by with simply adding a middle initial or their full middle name, while others have had to come up with more unique names.

As others have alread

• Emmy Rossum HAS to play Celie in The Color Purple!  Jun 30 2017, 11:30:17 AM

Only after she plays Mama in A Raisin in the Sun.