Profile for AEA AGMA SM

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld AEA AGMA SM
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: AEA AGMA SM
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 2 - 29
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Musicals that you wish someone else had written  May 24 2016, 10:15:42 PM

darquegk said: "Marc Shaiman should have adapted the Addams Family based on his score and the film's score. When I think Addams, I think the Addams Waltz almost as much as I think of the "da da da dum" theme."

I've thought this since I first heard they were adapting it to the stage, and felt it even more once I saw the show. If they had used the first film as the basis of the musical (with Shaiman composing) the waltz leading into

• Vinyl albums of OBC  May 17 2016, 07:13:43 PM

I'm interested, but more as possible art work/wall decor than for the record itself.

• Do you think Aladdin will close soon?  May 16 2016, 08:09:10 PM

everythingtaboo said: "I think it'll run another 5-6 years, then close or move so that Frozen can take the New Amsterdam."

It doesn't seem like Disney is planning on waiting five years to open Frozen. So if Aladdin is not ready to close in the next year or two either it will be moving to a new home or Frozen will not be opening at the New Amsterdam.

• Strong female solo songs for graduation?  May 14 2016, 11:33:18 PM

"The Spark of Creation" from Children of Eden

• Strong female solo songs for graduation?  May 14 2016, 11:07:47 PM

I seem to recall that "Astonishing" from Little Women was used in a number of graduation ceremonies and senior recitals for a couple years after it opened.

• What do I eat before singing?  May 14 2016, 02:28:55 PM

It ultimately depends on your own body and how it reacts to various foods. For instance, some people will swear by gargling with apple cider vinegar, while others will have visions of acid reflux dancing in their heads if they did that. 

The important thing to keep in mind is that you want to stay hydrated, so avoid foods that typically make you feel thirsty. For many people this will mean avoiding things like caffeine, alcohol, or anything high in sodium or sugar.&n

• CATS Revival Casting  May 13 2016, 02:05:55 PM

I would love to hear Kate Shindle's take on "Memory"

• Lincoln Center Archives  May 12 2016, 07:09:05 PM

At one point any of Michael Bennett's shows were fairly heavily restricted (I believe that you had to show proof that you would be doing the show that you requested to view). This may have changed, but just a heads up to not get your hopes up on viewing A Chorus Line

• JESSICA LANGE is so winning the TONY for LONG DAY'S JOURNEY INTO NIGHT  May 12 2016, 12:13:05 PM

http://m.ibdb.com/show.php?id=5526

So it seems that only the 86 revival was not disrespectful, since all other revivals of the show had less than 20 years between them. 

• Tony Voters  May 12 2016, 10:08:20 AM

They vote in every category. They are instructed to abstain voting in a category in which they did not see every nominee, though I'd be willing to bet that not all of them do that. 

• The Best Playhouses on Broadway  May 10 2016, 09:54:53 PM

BroadMagTech said: "By playhouse I mean any theatre theatre that is intended for plays or small(ish) theatres that work well for plays. In my opinion, although I enjoyed Jersey Boys, I think it is time for it to close and go back to housing plays."

Though if you look through the production history at the August Wilson it seems to have been host to more musicals than plays in the past 20 or so years.

• Charlie to the Lunt-Fontanne  May 9 2016, 11:52:16 AM

In the original book, as I recall, Violet and Mike are announced as Golden Ticket finders pretty much at the same time, so if there is a need to streamline the kids' introductions (I'm not familiar with the London material) then that would be the first logical place to begin the process. 

• Shows nominated for Tonys in all four acting categories  May 7 2016, 08:39:33 PM

The 1998 revival of Cabaret had nominees in all four categories and won three (Mary Louise Wilson lost to Audra for Featured Actress).

The 2002 revival of Into the Woods had a nominee in all four categories (but no wins).

• Theatre Do and Don'ts Petition!  May 6 2016, 10:47:18 PM

The other thing to consider when talking about jamming signals is the wide array of wireless signals that Broadway shows require to operate now; microphones, com systems, wireless signals for automation and lighting, and wifi networks. I would imagine that anything that would block cell signals could also cause a disruption to any of those things as well. 

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/1/16  May 3 2016, 04:38:04 PM

NewsiesForever said: "Matilda has already posted a closing notice thought. Its closing in January? Could it close sooner? Also the drop in numbers for Tuck and no nominees does not bode well for the show. I do not see it lasting on Broadway much longer. "

They could choose to close earlier, but my guess is that they determined their closing date based on the advance sales for the summer and holiday seasons and decided they were healthy enough to gi

• Will Josh Segarra's White Shorts Get a Tony Nomination Tomorrow?  May 2 2016, 05:23:50 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "Unfortunately, any of the Tony voters who saw his white shorts in performance probably hyperventilated to the point of incapacitation and can't vote for them. Shame."

Just to point out that there are many Tony voters who will be completely unphased by the shorts or what they contain. Some members of the voting body do prefer those of the female persuasion. 

• British equity minimum  May 1 2016, 05:47:01 PM

NotTheComfyChair, the comparison to the "Right to Work" states here in the US seems like a very good one, from what I know of some of the Thatcher changes.

• British equity minimum  May 1 2016, 02:07:09 PM

Thatcher's reforms stripped many unions of their power in the UK, including British Equity.

• RENT Opened On Broadway 20 Years Ago Today  Apr 30 2016, 08:30:55 PM

GreasedLightning said: "Does anyone know when tickets go on sale for the 20th Anniversary Tour? Their website and press releases don't give too much info."

That would be up to each individual venue. Most won't put individual tickets on sale until their subscription period is over.

• Will Shuffle Along Survive Without Audra?  Apr 29 2016, 09:26:22 PM

VintageSnarker said: "" When 'Stokes' was announced for this show, I thought he would be an equal draw - boy, was I wrong- this is here show to say the least (was lucky enough to have seen it last night at opening). Wonder if Stokes will ever retake his 'leading man' status that he seemed to enjoy a decade ago"

What are the chances of a Man of La Mancha revival?
    "

He did already headline a revival of La Manch

BROADWAYWORLD TV

COUNTDOWN CLOCK