Profile for AEA AGMA SM
Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld AEA AGMA SM
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: AEA AGMA SM
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 2 - 29
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • RIP Dean Jones  Sep 3 2015, 10:36:36 AM

I was just thinking about the Beethoven when I heard the news. I remember when we watched it once it came out on VHS and my dad remarking that 20 years ago Dean Jones would have absolutely been playing Charles Grodin's role. I was surprised to look up their respective ages and see that Charles Grodin is only four years younger than Dean Jones.

And I had The Ugly Dachshund that we recorded off of the Disney Channel. I loved that movie!

And of co

• Idina Menzel dating Aaron Lohr?  Sep 2 2015, 09:41:46 PM

Thank you! I'll be here all week. Try the veal!

• Idina Menzel dating Aaron Lohr?  Sep 2 2015, 09:06:56 PM

I don't believe bicoastals really exist.

• How Much Longer for LES MIZ?  Sep 1 2015, 04:37:23 PM

It's also time to start the push for advertising for the holiday season. Tourists who plan out their itineraries and don't rely on TKTS/rush/standing room, etc, are going to begin making those plans soon.

• Next at the Lyric  Sep 1 2015, 02:43:35 PM

Phillypinto said: "what is Lord of the Dances"

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=lord+of+the+dance

• Why Hasn't Christiane Noll Done a Million Broadway Shows  Sep 1 2015, 11:16:02 AM

Because there haven't been a million Broadway shows. For her to do a million Broadway shows she would have do a different show a day for almost 3,000 years.

• Move Theaters instead of Close  Sep 1 2015, 11:13:21 AM

Chicago and Steel Pier did share a producer (PACE Theatrical Group, who seem to have been a pretty big producing force in the 90s, with Tommy, the revival of Grease, and the Dennehy revival of Death of a Salesman amongst their credits). I would hazard a guess that whether they went into this revival with the Weisslers already knowing that Steel Pier was coming in or whether that happened after t

• Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/30/15  Sep 1 2015, 09:52:40 AM

My guess is that they've reached the end of the subscriber base for The King and I so you'll start seeing some lower numbers than they had been seeing, since it's now entirely up to the general ticket buying public. Not that I think the show is going to be forgotten and close immediately, but tickets will now be more open with the LCT subscriber base no longer factored in.

• Fun Home Previews  Aug 31 2015, 01:38:18 AM

They've been running at 100% capacity (plus standing room) since Tony nominations came out in May. I know on Thursday afternoon I was looking around to see what was available for the Friday night show (I've worked with Jim Stanek on several projects and was hoping to get to see him), and there were only a small handful of tickets available at their top price. My recommendation would be to not wait until the last minute, but you'd probably want to plan at least a few weeks in advan

• Flying monkey sues Wicked over fall  Aug 29 2015, 10:43:08 PM

Pootie2 said: "Wicked producers and investors certainly have a crap ton of money...

I don't understand how this works. Isn't there insurance for these types of accidents? Where does Equity get involved?"

There would be insurance and workmans comp in place to cover medical expenses, but from the report it sounds like this actress is potentially facing a permanent disability.

And Idina didn't sue because she wasn't facing a perm

• Flying monkey sues Wicked over fall  Aug 29 2015, 06:11:25 PM

I'm sorry, do we really have to worry about spoilers for a show that's coming up on its 12th anniversary? Is it really a spoiler to state that there are flying monkeys in a musical that is an alternate take on the story of the Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz?

• Laura Benanti in  Aug 29 2015, 11:37:48 AM

iluvtheatertrash said: "Laura's leave of absence was due to continued complications from her accident during Into The Woods. There's a lot more to it that I'm not sure whether she ever went public about, but her accident in ITW and the surgery that followed wreaked a lot of havoc on her body and life for quite a while. "

She eventually did go public with everything, as she had started to gain a reputation, both within the industry and amongs

• Rent 2015  Aug 29 2015, 10:05:29 AM

Harbor Lights does not perform at the St. George. They are at the Music Hall at Snug Harbor, which according to the article seats 680. Still a fairly sizable number, but not the couple thousand that the St. George seats.

• Rent 2015  Aug 29 2015, 12:37:03 AM

LizzieCurry said: "Staten Island is technically NYC, so it's not wrong, but yeah, labeling it as a "return" is annoying. It's not the same production.

Is it an Equity showcase? That may be why there are only 4."

Harbor Lights is on an LOA to the LORT contract. So the actors are getting paid (as opposed to the travel stipends if it was a Showcase), but I would guess salaries are probably closer to the lower le

• Black & white Stage Design?  Aug 26 2015, 07:59:13 PM

City of Angels; everything that was part of the "movie" was in black and white.

• Favorite reimagining of a show song?  Aug 25 2015, 04:28:49 PM

Janis Joplin's rendition of "Summertime"

• June 2016  Aug 24 2015, 11:47:26 AM

tombomb31 said: "With the shows opening in the fall...will those casts be around in June?"

Unless it is a major star who they have already announced a limited run for, yes, it is unlikely that you would see many changes in the casts for shows that open this season by June.

• Bonnie and Clyde/ newsies  Aug 22 2015, 11:27:13 PM

nsguy45 said: "There was a rumor at the time that Disney paid off the Bonnie and Clyde producers to close so Jeremy Jordan would be available for Newsies."

Nobody with even the slightest bit of common sense believed that rumor. During Christmas week of 2011, a week before the show closed, they were playing to 52.8% capacity and made a whopping $248,221. The only musical to gross less that week was Lysistra Jones (even Godspell made more than them). N

• Philly felt the need to start another thread again  Aug 21 2015, 10:03:36 PM

Clearly somebody was doing a very specific Google search.

• re: So is The Little Mermaid considered a flop?  Aug 21 2015, 11:50:57 AM

Phillypinto said: "why didn't it recoup"

The same reason any show doesn't recoup. Not enough people buy enough tickets to pay back the initial investment.

BROADWAYWORLD TV