Profile for AEA AGMA SM

Edit Your Profile |

BroadwayWorld AEA AGMA SM
Click to Enlarge
Member Name: AEA AGMA SM
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Birthday: 2 - 29
Favorite Show(s):

Favorite Performer(s):

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/1/16  May 3 2016, 04:38:04 PM

NewsiesForever said: "Matilda has already posted a closing notice thought. Its closing in January? Could it close sooner? Also the drop in numbers for Tuck and no nominees does not bode well for the show. I do not see it lasting on Broadway much longer. "

They could choose to close earlier, but my guess is that they determined their closing date based on the advance sales for the summer and holiday seasons and decided they were healthy enough to gi

• Will Josh Segarra's White Shorts Get a Tony Nomination Tomorrow?  May 2 2016, 05:23:50 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "Unfortunately, any of the Tony voters who saw his white shorts in performance probably hyperventilated to the point of incapacitation and can't vote for them. Shame."

Just to point out that there are many Tony voters who will be completely unphased by the shorts or what they contain. Some members of the voting body do prefer those of the female persuasion. 

• British equity minimum  May 1 2016, 05:47:01 PM

NotTheComfyChair, the comparison to the "Right to Work" states here in the US seems like a very good one, from what I know of some of the Thatcher changes.

• British equity minimum  May 1 2016, 02:07:09 PM

Thatcher's reforms stripped many unions of their power in the UK, including British Equity.

• RENT Opened On Broadway 20 Years Ago Today  Apr 30 2016, 08:30:55 PM

GreasedLightning said: "Does anyone know when tickets go on sale for the 20th Anniversary Tour? Their website and press releases don't give too much info."

That would be up to each individual venue. Most won't put individual tickets on sale until their subscription period is over.

• Will Shuffle Along Survive Without Audra?  Apr 29 2016, 09:26:22 PM

VintageSnarker said: "" When 'Stokes' was announced for this show, I thought he would be an equal draw - boy, was I wrong- this is here show to say the least (was lucky enough to have seen it last night at opening). Wonder if Stokes will ever retake his 'leading man' status that he seemed to enjoy a decade ago"

What are the chances of a Man of La Mancha revival?
    "

He did already headline a revival of La Manch

• WTH is PlayStation Theater!?  Apr 25 2016, 07:51:37 PM

Broadway is a street. There are lots of buildings on it that are not housing theatres.

• Great casting replacements  Apr 23 2016, 11:03:52 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "adamgreer said: "If we're talking historically, then certainly performances like Liza in Chicago, Pearl Bailey in Hello Dolly, and Reba in Annie Get Your Gun are at the top of the list. 

However effective they may have been, 20 years from now people will not be discussing Rory O'Malley in Hamilton or Christine Dwyer in Wicked the way they discuss the aforementioned performances. 
    "

Are yo

• Turn the Times Square theatre into a Theatre Museum  Apr 20 2016, 09:22:35 AM

Load in of a new show into a Broadway theatre often takes several weeks. Not to mention that depending on backstage and lobby space they will often leave road cases outside the loading door that are awaiting pick up to go back to the rental houses.

• Shows that picked the right theatre  Apr 19 2016, 11:29:39 PM

BroadMagTech said: "Call_me_jorge said: "Can a show pick a theatre though? I thought they just come in once a theatre is available.

That is true but producers can also wait if their is a particular theatre they want. Some producers simply wait for a house, others wait until their ideal theatre is available.
    "

The other thing that producers must consider is their estimated running costs vs gross potential. When p

• When Is HEATHERS Opening On Broadway?  Apr 18 2016, 11:01:43 PM

I don't remember, was this one of the things that Pinto swore was happening because he heard it from some "producer friend"?

• Will Hamilton win the Tony?  Apr 18 2016, 10:59:13 PM

tazber said: "Really?

So Amazing Grace has no chance of an upset?

What about Nerds? I heard it's really good.
    "

I won't lie, I had completely forgotten about Amazing Grace.

• Book of Mormon Film Adaptation?  Apr 18 2016, 08:17:13 PM

With the way Matt Parker and Trey Stone like to play around with different visual styles I would love to see the movie version done in a more classic, hand-drawn animation style. 

Somebody did a storyboard animatic a few years ago for "You and Me (But Mostly Me)" that I thought worked really well.

https://youtu.be/7MEQ7KmpsBk

• Hairspray Live! DREAMCASTS  Apr 15 2016, 07:38:20 PM

Even if you cast all the older kids with actors in their late 20s or early 30s there is no way Shanice Williams is going to read young enough for Lil' Inez (who I've always assumed was meant to be in the 11-13 age range).

• Into The Woods Audition Tips.  Apr 15 2016, 07:32:51 PM

The harp? Is there some version out there where that is more than just a prop?

• Matilda To Take Final Bow in 2017  Apr 15 2016, 05:01:49 PM

SmokeyLady said: "Maybe it is brilliant producing to quit while your ahead?"

That would be my guess. It's better for any show to go out on a high note rather than to be remembered as struggling along until closing. They have done consistently well in every holiday season, so it makes sense to announce now and ensure that they get everyone who holds the "it will be around for a while, I'll see it later" mindset (which I'm often guil

• Streisand Gypsy is still on....  Apr 11 2016, 09:43:00 PM

With Loretta Swit as Electra?

• Britney Spears as Cinderella???  Apr 11 2016, 09:20:09 PM

Sweet Charity closed on December 31, 2005 and Applegate stayed with it through closing. Giving birth may have been part of the reasoning behind Spears pulling out, but it wouldn't have been some surprise that would have thrown the entire deal out the window.

• GAZILLION BUBBLE SHOW or another recomendation for a 6 year old  Apr 11 2016, 09:10:24 PM

This won't help if you are looking to go fairly soon, but Theatreworks does their Free Summer Theatre at the Lortel in July and August. I believe this summer will be Junie B's Essential Survival Guide to School.

• Streisand Gypsy is still on....  Apr 11 2016, 09:07:04 PM

I would never have thought of her, but now that you mention her I would rather see J-Lo as Mazeppa.

BROADWAYWORLD TV