Update: BROADWAY BARES Top 10 Fundraisers as of June 21 - Donate Now!
From sea to shining sea, this year's BROADWAY BARES will crisscross the country in a racy, raucous road trip, exploring the United States as the 23rd annual edition of the immensely popular modern-day burlesque show delivers BROADWAY BARES 23: UNITED STRIPS OF AMERICA. The donations are coming in quick with just two days until the big night - meet the top ten fundraisers, as of today, June 21, below!
Produced by and benefiting Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, BROADWAY BARES 23 will arrive Sunday, June 23, for two performances only - at 9:30 PM & Midnight - at Roseland Ballroom (239 West 52nd Street, NYC).
For this year's theme, BROADWAY BARES 23: UNITED STRIPS OF AMERICA, more than 200 of New York's sexiest and most desirable dancers will discover - and uncover - amber waves and mountain majesties that only BROADWAY BARES could find. This trip across the fruited plains of America will most certainly be the stuff patriot dreams are made of.
BROADWAY BARES combines the naughtiness of burlesque with the razzle-dazzle of Broadway and has been a smashing success since its inception in 1992. The event, featuring the hottest male and female dancers on Broadway, has become one of BC/EFA's signature events. The first Broadway Bares featured just seven dancers performing choreographed stripteases on a bar and raised more than $8,000. Through 22 editions, BROADWAY BARES has raised more than $9.8 million for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.
BROADWAY BARES was created by Tony Award-winner Jerry Mitchell (Kinky Boots), who also serves as executive producer. It is produced by Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, led by Producing DirectorMichael Graziano. This year's edition is directed by Nick Kenkel (Catch Me If You Can, Peepshow, Legally Blonde).
Top 10 BROADWAY BARES 23 Fundraisers
- Second Story Repertory Presents KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN, 3/27-4/13
- Only Two Weeks Left to See Broadway-Bound Musical NATIONAL PASTIME, Now Until 3/30
- BOEING BOEING Opens This Week at Texas Repertory Theatre, 3/30-4/13
- Winners and Finalists Named in NJ Association of Verismo Opera 2013 Annual International Vocal Competition
- Teal Wicks and Autumn Hurlbert Join Line Up for PAST IS PRESENT: THE LYRICS OF SARAH REBELL, 3/24
- NEW FRIENDS AND OLD SONGS Opens at The Cabaret Room, 4/4-6
- Syracuse Stage Releases 2014-2015 Season Teaser, Includes Award Winning Works
- LOVE ON 42ND STREET, Featuring Lea Salonga, Ramin Karimloo, & More, to be Released 3/17
- Photo Flash: Take a Look at City Theatre's THE ODD COUPLE, 3/14-30
- Liza Minnelli Talks About Meeting Alan Cumming and the Revival of CABARET