Update: BROADWAY BARES Top 10 Fundraisers as of June 21 - Donate Now!
From sea to shining sea, this year's BROADWAY BARES will crisscross the country in a racy, raucous road trip, exploring the United States as the 23rd annual edition of the immensely popular modern-day burlesque show delivers BROADWAY BARES 23: UNITED STRIPS OF AMERICA. The donations are coming in quick with just two days until the big night - meet the top ten fundraisers, as of today, June 21, below!
Produced by and benefiting Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, BROADWAY BARES 23 will arrive Sunday, June 23, for two performances only - at 9:30 PM & Midnight - at Roseland Ballroom (239 West 52nd Street, NYC).
For this year's theme, BROADWAY BARES 23: UNITED STRIPS OF AMERICA, more than 200 of New York's sexiest and most desirable dancers will discover - and uncover - amber waves and mountain majesties that only BROADWAY BARES could find. This trip across the fruited plains of America will most certainly be the stuff patriot dreams are made of.
BROADWAY BARES combines the naughtiness of burlesque with the razzle-dazzle of Broadway and has been a smashing success since its inception in 1992. The event, featuring the hottest male and female dancers on Broadway, has become one of BC/EFA's signature events. The first Broadway Bares featured just seven dancers performing choreographed stripteases on a bar and raised more than $8,000. Through 22 editions, BROADWAY BARES has raised more than $9.8 million for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.
BROADWAY BARES was created by Tony Award-winner Jerry Mitchell (Kinky Boots), who also serves as executive producer. It is produced by Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, led by Producing DirectorMichael Graziano. This year's edition is directed by Nick Kenkel (Catch Me If You Can, Peepshow, Legally Blonde).
Top 10 BROADWAY BARES 23 Fundraisers
- Light Opera of New York to Present ORANGE BLOSSOMS at Symphony Space, 4/25-26
- The Arvo Part Project at St. Vladimir's Seminary to Present Carnegie Hall Concert, 5/31
- People's Light & Theatre to Stage WOODY SEZ, 5/7-25
- The Pedrito Martinez Group to Perform Free Concert at Miller Outdoor Theatre, 5/3
- Bach Festival Society Concert on 'Nationalism in Music' to Include Lecture to Discuss Current Events, 4/27
- Brit Floyd Discovery World Tour Comes to Morris Performing Arts Center, 6/20