Up on the Marquee: Makeover for Tom Hanks in LUCKY GUY
Nora Ephron began her professional career as a reporter at The New York Post in 1962 and Lucky Guy Marks a return to her journalistic roots. Her new play is about the scandal- and graffiti-ridden New York of the 1980s, as told through the story of the charismatic and controversial tabloid columnist Mike McAlary (Tom Hanks). Lucky Guy is the third collaboration between Tom Hanks and Nora Ephron, following the films Sleepless in Seattle and You've Got Mail.
Also starring will be Maura Tierney as Alice McAlary; Christopher McDonald as lawyer Eddie Hayes; Peter Gerety as editor John Cotter; Courtney B. Vance as editor Hap Hairston; Peter Scolari as columnist Michael Daly and Richard Masur as editors Jerry Nachman and Stanley Joyce; with Brian Dykstra as policeman Brian O'Regan; Michael Gaston as columnist Jim Dwyer; Dustyn Gulledge as Dino Tortoricci; Deirdre Lovejoy as reporter Louise Imerman and editor Debbie Krenek; Danny Mastrogiorgio as reporter Bob Drury and Stephen Tyrone Williams as Abner Louima. The production also features Paula Jon De Rose, Joe Forbrich, Tom Hammond, Andrew Hovelson and Marc Damon Johnson.
The production features scenic design by David Rockwell, costume design by Toni-Leslie James, sound design by Scott Lehrer and lighting design by Jules Fisher and Peggy Eisenhauer. Projection design is by batwin + robin productions. Casting is by Jordan Thaler/Heidi Griffiths. Technical supervisor is Peter Fulbright. Production stage manager is Jane Grey. General manager is 101 Productions.
LUCKY GUY will be produced on Broadway by Colin Callender, Roy Furman, Arielle Tepper Madover, Roger and William Berlind, Stacey Mindich, Robert Cole and Frederick Zollo, David Mirvish, Daryl Roth, James D. Stern/Douglas L. Meyer, Scott and Brian Zeilinger, in association with Sonia Friedman Productions and The Shubert Organization.
- In the Spotlight Series: The Company of ARLINGTON
- Photo Coverage: James Franco, Chris O'Dowd and OF MICE AND MEN Company Meet the Press!
- Photo Coverage: Tony Winner Stew Previews 'NEW STEW REVIEW' at 54 Below
- Photo Coverage: Remembering Sheila MacRae
- Photo Coverage: ALL THE WAY's Opening Night Red Carpet with Diane Paulus, Chris O'Dowd, Tracy Letts & More
- Photo Coverage: k.d. lang Performs 'Hallelujah' in AFTER MIDNIGHT
- Photo Coverage: OF MICE AND MEN's James Franco and Chris O'Dowd Stop by 'TimesTalks'
- Photo Coverage: Broadway Welcomes LBJ: Inside ALL THE WAY's Opening Night After Party
- Photo Coverage: Bryan Cranston & the Cast of ALL THE WAY Take Opening Night Broadway Bows!
- FREEZE FRAME: OF MICE AND MEN Company Meets the Press!