Up on the Marquee: Beatles 50th Anniversary Unveiling
The Late Show with David Letterman paid tribute to the 50th anniversary of The Beatles' groundbreaking first appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show" with performances of Beatles music from top artists last week. The Ed Sullivan Theater, site of the Fab Four's U.S. debut, was the setting for this week-long commemoration of that historic television event on Feb. 9, 1964. The Beatles' first "Ed Sullivan Show" appearance is hailed by many historians and critics to be one of the most important moments in music and television.
Check out photos of the special marquee below!
The Late Show with David Letterman is a production of Worldwide Pants Incorporated. Barbara Gaines, Matt Roberts, Jude Brennan, Maria Pope, Eric Stangel, Justin Stangel and Rob Burnett are the executive producers.
Photo Credit: Walter McBride
- Photo Coverage: On the Red Carpet with Helen Mirren, Jeremy Irons & More at the Roundabout Spring Gala
- In the Spotlight Series: The Company of ARLINGTON
- Photo Coverage: James Franco, Chris O'Dowd and OF MICE AND MEN Company Meet the Press!
- Photo Coverage: Tony Winner Stew Previews 'NEW STEW REVIEW' at 54 Below
- Photo Coverage: Remembering Sheila MacRae
- Photo Coverage: ALL THE WAY's Opening Night Red Carpet with Diane Paulus, Chris O'Dowd, Tracy Letts & More
- Photo Coverage: k.d. lang Performs 'Hallelujah' in AFTER MIDNIGHT
- Photo Coverage: OF MICE AND MEN's James Franco and Chris O'Dowd Stop by 'TimesTalks'
- Photo Coverage: Broadway Welcomes LBJ: Inside ALL THE WAY's Opening Night After Party
- Photo Coverage: Bryan Cranston & the Cast of ALL THE WAY Take Opening Night Broadway Bows!