Tweet for Chance to Win Tickets to BROADWAY BLOWS BACK on 12/10!
CITY OF HOPE: BROADWAY BLOWS BACK, a benefit concert to raise funds for New York and New Jersey communities affected by Hurricane Sandy, is set to take place tomorrow, December 10 at 7:30 PM.
BroadwayWorld is giving away a pair of tickets to the FIRST 10 READERS to tweet @bwayblowsback. To be eligible, just mention you saw this contest on BWW. Good luck!
The concert, which will feature performances by members of the Broadway theatre community, will take place at the Gershwin Theatre (222 W. 51st St.) and is sponsored by Broadway Cares / Equity Fights AIDS. All proceeds from the event will be donated to the Tunnel to Towers Foundation and the Mayor’s Fund to Advance New York City. Tickets can be purchased at www.Ticketmaster.com or by calling 877- 250-2929.
As previously announced, CITY OF HOPE: BROADWAY BLOWS BACK will feature performances by Broadway notables Ashley Brown (Mary Poppins), Robert Creighton (The Mystery of Edwin Drood), Max Crumm (Grease), Eden Espinosa (Wicked), Dee Hoty (Bye Bye Birdie), David Hyde Pierce (Curtains), Natalie Joy Johnson (Silence! The Musical), Raymond J. Lee (Anything Goes), Carrie Manolakos (Mamma Mia!), Jessie Mueller (The Mystery of Edwin Drood), Julia Murney (Wicked), Chistiane Noll (Chaplin), Christopher Sieber (La Cage Aux Folles), Elizabeth Stanley (Million Dollar Quartet), and Patrick Wilson (All My Sons) with more performers to be announced soon.
50% of the proceeds from CITY OF HOPE: BROADWAY BLOWS BACK will be donated to the Mayor’s Fund to Advance New York City in support of hurricane relief efforts. The Mayor’s Fund retains no administrative fee, and one hundred percent of donations are being dispersed to relief efforts and organizations. Funds will support immediate aid needs – including, food, water and hygiene supplies – as well as long-term relief and restoration for victims affected by Hurricane Sandy.
The remaining 50% of the proceeds from CITY OF HOPE: BROADWAY BLOWS BACK will be donated to support relief efforts conducted by the Tunnel To Towers Foundation, a 501(c)(3) founded to honor the life and legacy of Stephen Siller (FDNY), 9/11 hero. Since its inception, the Tunnel To Towers has established “In the Line of Duty” programs for our most severely injured first responders and “Legacy of Love” programs including relief efforts with Hurricane Sandy. 100% of gross funds raised will immediately be used to provide much-needed resources to those areas hit hardest by the storm in NJ & NY. Tunnel to Towers is very proud of the fact that no donations are being spent on overhead, and ALL hurricane funds are going directly to relief. The Foundation has active relief stations open 7 days a week in Red Hook –Brooklyn, Far Rockaway, Long Beach – Long Island, and Staten Island. To learn more visit TunnelToTowers.org/RELIEF or follow on twitter @Tunnel2Towers.
- A YEAR WITH FROG AND TOAD Plays During Spring Break at MST-Chelsea; Runs thru 4/5
- YouthQuake! Showcase Set for 3/13 at Don't Tell Mama
- LOVE VINTAGE LAS VEGAS STYLE Concert to Showcase Rat Pack-era Music with the Las Vegas Phil, 4/5
- Gary Lewis and The Playboys to Bring Hits from the '60s to the Suncoast Showroom, 4/5-6
- Independent Shakespeare Co. to Stage New Adaptation of ROMEO AND JULIET, 4/4-5/3
- BOARDWALK EMPIRE's Molly Ryan to Perform at the Iridium, 3/11
- Matt Baganz Wins Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival's 2014 One-Act Play Contest
- EVIL DEAD THE MUSICAL Hosts Two Sunday Night Viewings of WALKING DEAD
- MTC to Present Bay Area Children's Theatre's LADYBUG GIRL AND BUMBLEBEE BOY, 5/24-6/8
- Deanna Jent's FALLING to Play Meadow Brook Theatre, 3/19-4/13